2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 239 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4193Likes

post #7141 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi folks! I spent the last few weeks reading every page of this thread trying to stay up to date. Lots of great info!

I am a PC gamer but just purchased the Xbox One X to see what 4k gaming would look like on this TV. For those of you who are using the One X, is the general consensus to use the settings from Rtings for the Xbox when gaming? Or is their advice a bunch of junk on the topic? After all the reading I did, my brain can't remember what people are saying about it.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7142 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto Nicolai View Post
I have a Sony x900f but I am quite disappointed about the Double Vision performance, too dim. The alternative would be a Q8FN same size 55. The latter is still priced $400 more than the Sony at Best Buy. I am still in time to return my Sony and paying $400 more I may get the Samsung. It seems quite a lot for me though. Any suggestions?
Dolby Vision from a Blu-ray Disc, streaming or both? Before you buy anything else, make sure you can see a significant improvement with DV on any other set.

Personally, I think the dimness and lack of picture quality has far more to do with the current state of Dolby Vision (technology) and Sony’s DV implementation.
christoofar likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #7143 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 6409 Post(s)
Liked: 6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassLake View Post
Broken this, broken that and on and on. Anyone remember the good old days before somebody decided it was a good idea to turn TVs into low grade computers?
LOL, well I do not know that they are broken, but they are glitchy......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7144 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there a consensus best Blu-ray player to pair with this TV? Preferably one with Dolby Vision support?
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
post #7145 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 270
I just watched Hunter Killer on my UHD bluray player in Dolby Vision.

There are a couple fo scenes with the sun in the background over the water.mountains, which appeared very dim in DV, so I went and played them back in HDR10. The difference was startling...in HDR10 the sun was blinding and sparkling gold off of the water. I am gamma calibrated for HDR10, so that may make DV implementation not work very well on my TV.

DV is exactly the same video content and levels as HDR10, only DV changes the MaxFALL and MaxCLL metadata on a per scene basis. Those figures tell the player things such as when to rolloff the highlights and the limits of the max brightness of a monitor. With my proper HDR10 calibration, I've already set the limitations of my X900F to those of 400nit HDR10, so DV really brings everything way down on a lot of content.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Dolby Vision from a Blu-ray Disc, streaming or both? Before you buy anything else, make sure you can see a significant improvement with DV on any other set.

Personally, I think the dimness and lack of picture quality has far more to do with the current state of Dolby Vision (technology) and Sony’s DV implementation.

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
post #7146 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 288
There is nothing lacking on the X900F as far as HDR10, but Sony has done extremely poor with its implementation of Dolby Vision. Sony worked directly with Dolby Labs to create a Dolby Vision profile just for Sony TVs, so I'm surprised they can't seem to work this issue out with either the 3rd party providers like Netflix or if it's just a crappy Sony profile.

Samsung doesn't support DV and most likely never will since they are all in on HDR10+.

Sony 75X900F / MediaLight Quad 6500K
Sony X800
Denon X4400H / Outlaw 5000 (5.2.4 Atmos) AIRCOM T9
Klipsch RF-82 II, Klipsch RC-62 II, Klipsch RS-52 II, Klipsch RP-500SA
SVS PB-3000 / PB-2000

Last edited by CaptinCrunch; 02-09-2019 at 05:33 PM.
post #7147 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptinCrunch View Post
There is nothing lacking on the X900F as far as HDR10, but Sony has done extremely poor with its implementation of Dolby Vision. Sony worked directly with Dolby Labs to create a Dolby Vision profile just for Sony TVs, so I'm surprised they can't seem to work this issue out with either the 3rd party providers like Netflix or if it's just a crappy Sony profile.

Samsung doesn't support DV and most likely never will since they are all in on HDR10+.
Nothing wrong with DV on the 930e so it’s not the profile it’s the TV or you.
post #7148 of 9168 Old 02-09-2019, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto Nicolai View Post
I have a Sony x900f but I am quite disappointed about the Double Vision performance, too dim. The alternative would be a Q8FN same size 55. The latter is still priced $400 more than the Sony at Best Buy. I am still in time to return my Sony and paying $400 more I may get the Samsung. It seems quite a lot for me though. Any suggestions?
you can place live color to max and gama to max it will help , the samsung dont ave dolby vision , me i dont like dv at all so i downgrade netflix to regular hd , i like bright tv .
post #7149 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey13 View Post
I just got the 55 inch yesterday and the PQ is awful with my Dish Network, it is all full of artifacts/pixelation. I am assuming this is from the Dish feed being poor. It showed some on my old Samsung but now it really brings out the crappy, blurry background. I had the same problem with Direct TV and Xfinity, now with Dish, I'm not sure what would be causing this across three different providers. Anyhow, are there any TV settings that can help with this?
I have Dish Network
You can read my original posts and I said the exact same thing as you lol.This tv just brings out all of the imperfections however some sources are just bad and nothing can be done about it.Honestly it takes a bit to get adjusted to a new tv tho.Also sitting further back helps and not on angles.

I however love this tv after 3 months now.I found settings to my liking that are universal for movies,shows and netflix DV and 4k.But ofc all eyes are not created equal and it took over 100 diff settings and who knows how many hrs lol

I have not updated and Idk if I want to yet
christoofar likes this.

Last edited by wallyesquire; 02-10-2019 at 12:45 AM.
post #7150 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Anyone have any issues with HDMI ports that support 4:4:4 Dolby vision(2 & 3)? Just had port 3 crap out today. I tried all phases of trouble shooting and currently anything that’s enhanced 4K works but with a blinking screen to black. Sometimes it’ll stay on for few seconds and I’ll see red and blue pixel clusters moving within the displayed image. If non 4K output is put on that port 3 then its fine. No issues. I think maybe faulty main board? Sucks I just got this thing last fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JJK1 likes this.

Sony XBR75X900F - Denon X3400H - 5.1.2 w/ RBH Visage VM-616 LCR In-walls - SVS Prime Satellite Surround - RBH VM-615 In-ceiling/Atmos - Sub: HSU FTV-15H Mk2 - RTI T3X Remote - ATV 4K
post #7151 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Exactly. USE HDMI with ARC to connnect

It works. Try it. If it didn't work then how would Netflix ATMOS be outputted from the internal app?
in relation to this ARC, I'm trying to come up with some workarounds. I have to connect my AT4K directly to tv on HDMI with ARC, along with the Sony udp700 going into HDMI 2, (the player has separate audio and video HDMI outs, so that's fixed). Reason why is that my receiver is a bit old. it will pass 4k, but not HDR and DV. So in this scenario, will the AT4K still pass Atmos over ARC? I thought I read somewhere that ARC was limited to only 5.1DD...thoughts? atm I prefer not to upgrade the receiver (onk nr838).
...another question..if AT4K is plugged into HDMI 1 or 4, will I lose DV and HDR of AT4K?

thank you

And a quick shout out to Cleveland Plasma for a very rapid delivery (75" coming tomorrow). I was originally told 5-7 business days. This order took 2 days. I had to scramble to buy new accessories and cables as well as schedule the installer. good problem to have though!

Last edited by mooshoodragon; 02-10-2019 at 08:32 AM.
post #7152 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1776 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
I just watched Hunter Killer on my UHD bluray player in Dolby Vision.

There are a couple fo scenes with the sun in the background over the water.mountains, which appeared very dim in DV, so I went and played them back in HDR10. The difference was startling...in HDR10 the sun was blinding and sparkling gold off of the water. I am gamma calibrated for HDR10, so that may make DV implementation not work very well on my TV.

DV is exactly the same video content and levels as HDR10, only DV changes the MaxFALL and MaxCLL metadata on a per scene basis. Those figures tell the player things such as when to rolloff the highlights and the limits of the max brightness of a monitor. With my proper HDR10 calibration, I've already set the limitations of my X900F to those of 400nit HDR10, so DV really brings everything way down on a lot of content.

Paul
Nice post. Personally, I do not place much emphasis on Dolby Vision as I can always choose a 1080p option for streaming and my Sony 900F does a phenomenal job of upscaling. (Case in point and even with 4K content - Bosch on Amazon Prime.)

Sure, I’d like to have better Dolby Vision content, picture quality and a better Sony DV implementation. Who wouldn’t. But I can’t control that right now so I’ll focus on getting the best content I can with the sources I have.
christoofar likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #7153 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooshoodragon View Post
in relation to this ARC, I'm trying to come up with some workarounds. I have to connect my AT4K directly to tv on HDMI with ARC, along with the Sony udp700 going into HDMI 2, (the player has separate audio and video HDMI outs, so that's fixed). Reason why is that my receiver is a bit old. it will pass 4k, but not HDR and DV. So in this scenario, will the AT4K still pass Atmos over ARC? I thought I read somewhere that ARC was limited to only 5.1DD...thoughts? atm I prefer not to upgrade the receiver (onk nr838).
...another question..if AT4K is plugged into HDMI 1 or 4, will I lose DV and HDR of AT4K?

thank you

And a quick shout out to Cleveland Plasma for a very rapid delivery (75" coming tomorrow). I was originally told 5-7 business days. This order took 2 days. I had to scramble to buy new accessories and cables as well as schedule the installer. good problem to have though!
Streaming ATMOS is lossy ATMOS which can be passed via DD+. ARC is capable of DD+. However ATV4K is an exception as it uses what Apple claims is a "high resolution form of ARC" which will not pass through the TV.

Are you planning to use ARC to send audio from the internal TV apps back to your AVR? If so, you need the HDMI 3 ARC port for this and you won't be able to connect the ATV here. Try HDMI 1 or 4, you should be able to get DV/HDR but you won't get some higher bandwidth content but for the ATV 4K you should be ok.

For ATV4K ATMOS you could either upgrade your AVR or try a HDMI switch to send the audio to the AVR. Not sure if this will work though. Or you could settle for the plain DD+ audio which is still pretty good.
post #7154 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothlike View Post
I am having ARC issues as well. Frustrating.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Im also experiencing this. The hard restart doesnt seem to help tho. Have an older Yamaha receiver (RX-V375) which used to work prior to the update. I followed this and it did seem to work, but im guessing that once i turn off the tv, it'll go back to not working.

Last edited by ducksoup18; 02-10-2019 at 12:59 PM.
post #7155 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Streaming ATMOS is lossy ATMOS which can be passed via DD+. ARC is capable of DD+. However ATV4K is an exception as it uses what Apple claims is a "high resolution form of ARC" which will not pass through the TV.

Are you planning to use ARC to send audio from the internal TV apps back to your AVR? If so, you need the HDMI 3 ARC port for this and you won't be able to connect the ATV here. Try HDMI 1 or 4, you should be able to get DV/HDR but you won't get some higher bandwidth content but for the ATV 4K you should be ok.

For ATV4K ATMOS you could either upgrade your AVR or try a HDMI switch to send the audio to the AVR. Not sure if this will work though. Or you could settle for the plain DD+ audio which is still pretty good.
hello planet,
...on tv side, I am connecting HDMI 3 (ARC) to the HDMI out on my receiver
....on tv side, I am connecting my Sony u700 player to HDMI 2, and splitting the audio to the receiver
...on tv side, I am connecting the AT4K to HDMI 1 or 4. I did look into a splitter, but im not having any luck finding any online (most were digital to analag converters)
...is it possible to connect toslink to panel, and route to receiver? any benefit?

this sound about right? need to confirm before it gets wall mounted; it seems quite difficult to reach the back inputs once its mounted.
thanks for the help!
A.
post #7156 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Try playing a 4K HDR mkv with DTS using the native video app. Chances are it’ll lock up the set or just stop outputting any sound through ARC or optical. After the Oreo update.
post #7157 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
hello planet,
...on tv side, I am connecting HDMI 3 (ARC) to the HDMI out on my receiver
....on tv side, I am connecting my Sony u700 player to HDMI 2, and splitting the audio to the receiver
...on tv side, I am connecting the AT4K to HDMI 1 or 4. I did look into a splitter, but im not having any luck finding any online (most were digital to analag converters)
...is it possible to connect toslink to panel, and route to receiver? any benefit?

this sound about right? need to confirm before it gets wall mounted; it seems quite difficult to reach the back inputs once its mounted.
thanks for the help!
A.
You could use toslink (optical) but that will degrade the audio from the internal apps and the ATV4K further. The connections as you listed is your best bet.
post #7158 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:

thank you

I have the X900F and an LG B7A. I have ATV4K on both. So, the ATV4K outputs Atmos as LPCM, not bitstream. This can be a problem for ARC. Basically, the ATV takes the stream from Netflix, for example, and decodes it from the streaming apps and then sends a TrueHD compatible stream out to whatever port you are sending it to. This is LPCM.

In the B7A's case, it can detect TrueHD and re encode it to DD+ Atmos. ARC can only handle DD+ Atmos without eARC. That is 192HZ. TrueHD is much larger bandwidth. In the X900F's case, it also uses ARC to send DD+ Atmos from the internal apps and if your sound setup can detect Atmos from DD+, it will play appropriately over ARC.

I don't believe, but someone please correct me, that the X900F can re encode a TrueHD in to DD+. This means that the ATV on an X900F cannot transmit Atmos over ARC. However, you may see some LG owners claim they get Atmos over ARC from the ATV. They are correct.

So, you would need a splitter since your AVR doesn't support HDR. You can find the ViewHD VHD-UHAE2 on Amazon and it takes an HDMI signal in, passes it through as is on one port, then extracts Audio as is on another port. I have this and send the video to my TV, and the audio to an HW-K950. I get Dolby Vision on screen and Atmos on the K950 with the ATV4K. My K950 doesn't support Dolby Vision and can't see Atmos over ARC. I have an N950 coming that will support Dolby Vision and see Atmos on ARC.

For your scenario, you will probably need that ViewHD splitter.

Also, you need to plug your AVR into the ARC port. Plugging the ATV into that port only if you aren't using ARC, because there will be nowhere for the audio to come out of the TV then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #7159 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaClone View Post
I have the X900F and an LG B7A. I have ATV4K on both. So, the ATV4K outputs Atmos as LPCM, not bitstream. This can be a problem for ARC. Basically, the ATV takes the stream from Netflix, for example, and decodes it from the streaming apps and then sends a TrueHD compatible stream out to whatever port you are sending it to. This is LPCM.

In the B7A's case, it can detect TrueHD and re encode it to DD+ Atmos. ARC can only handle DD+ Atmos without eARC. That is 192HZ. TrueHD is much larger bandwidth. In the X900F's case, it also uses ARC to send DD+ Atmos from the internal apps and if your sound setup can detect Atmos from DD+, it will play appropriately over ARC.

I don't believe, but someone please correct me, that the X900F can re encode a TrueHD in to DD+. This means that the ATV on an X900F cannot transmit Atmos over ARC. However, you may see some LG owners claim they get Atmos over ARC from the ATV. They are correct.

Interesting, I knew that ATV4K passes a higher resolution form of ATMOS but wasn't aware of the details (PCM, True HD compatible). That would explain why ATV Netflix ATMOS sounds punchier than the usual lossy ATMOS.

I can confirm that the 900F will not pass DD+ ATMOS from the ATV4K. It only outputted standard DD+
TexaClone likes this.
post #7160 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:

So, you would need a splitter since your AVR doesn't support HDR. You can find the ViewHD VHD-UHAE2 on Amazon and it takes an HDMI signal in, passes it through as is on one port, then extracts Audio as is on another port. I have this and send the video to my TV, and the audio to an HW-K950. I get Dolby Vision on screen and Atmos on the K950 with the ATV4K. My K950 doesn't support Dolby Vision and can't see Atmos over ARC. I have an N950 coming that will support Dolby Vision and see Atmos on ARC.

Also, you need to plug your AVR into the ARC port. Plugging the ATV into that port only if you aren't using ARC, because there will be nowhere for the audio to come out of the TV then.

this may do the trick! but im a bit confused...
...do I connect the atv4k to this splitter?
...looking at the picture, there is only 1 HDMI in; there is audio only HDMI out plus ARC HDMI out..where does the video go out?
thank you!
post #7161 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
this may do the trick! but im a bit confused...

...do I connect the atv4k to this splitter?

...looking at the picture, there is only 1 HDMI in; there is audio only HDMI out plus ARC HDMI out..where does the video go out?

thank you!
Correct. Plug the ATV into the UHAE. Then, plug HDMI 1 OUT into your Sony, preferably NOT the ARC port. This will allow for Dolby Vision video. Then, plug HDMI 2 OUT from the UHAE into your AVR. You will have to test with the EDID switch. I have it working with EDID set to 7.1. that let's me get Atmos from the ATV to my HW-K950. So, you get both DV and Atmos.

Works great for me. But, admittedly a bit of a hassle, so I am upgrading to a full DV/Atmos in one N950.

Also, that UHAE is pretty cost effective.

post #7162 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Curious, should I plug my Apple TV 4K in to HDMI 2 or 3 or is it fine on 1 or 4?
post #7163 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Correct. Plug the ATV into the UHAE. Then, plug HDMI 1 OUT into your Sony, preferably NOT the ARC port. This will allow for Dolby Vision video. Then, plug HDMI 2 OUT from the UHAE into your AVR. You will have to test with the EDID switch. I have it working with EDID set to 7.1. that let's me get Atmos from the ATV to my HW-K950. So, you get both DV and Atmos.

Works great for me. But, admittedly a bit of a hassle, so I am upgrading to a full DV/Atmos in one N950.

Also, that UHAE is pretty cost effective.

PS, the ARC function on the ViewHD should be turned off for this scenario. I believe that would be for getting ARC audio and converting it to Optical, for example. Not what you are after, Mooshoodragon.

post #7164 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Since the ATV4K is outputting a TrueHD compatible ATMOS stream, does this mean that the output is considered lossless? I usually equate TrueHD with lossless.
post #7165 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
Curious, should I plug my Apple TV 4K in to HDMI 2 or 3 or is it fine on 1 or 4?
You should be fine for the vast majority of content on HDMI 1 or 4. The only limitation would be on 60 FPS content but I don't believe there is much if any content on ATV 4K currently. Maybe some Youtube videos? @Cheddarhead anything to add?
post #7166 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Since the ATV4K is outputting a TrueHD compatible ATMOS stream, does this mean that the output is considered lossless? I usually equate TrueHD with lossless.
I think it could be, but frankly, I think Apple is doing it as an incentive to get services to use higher end streams and also will eventually support better audio for apps like Plex. They may use higher bandwidth transports but not a better stream.

post #7167 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
PS, the ARC function on the ViewHD should be turned off for this scenario. I believe that would be for getting ARC audio and converting it to Optical, for example. Not what you are after, Mooshoodragon.

Quote:
You should be fine for the vast majority of content on HDMI 1 or 4. The only limitation would be on 60 FPS content but I don't believe there is much if any content on ATV 4K currently. Maybe some Youtube videos? @Cheddarhead anything to add?
Quote:
I think it could be, but frankly, I think Apple is doing it as an incentive to get services to use higher end streams and also will eventually support better audio for apps like Plex. They may use higher bandwidth transports but not a better stream.

This is great stuff guys! I just placed order for the suggested splitter on amazon.
Thanks a ton for the technical guidance. can't wait until to Monday to get it all put together! I also ordered the medialight ambient lights...last item to purchase before the wifey asks for a divorce! :P
A
TexaClone likes this.
post #7168 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks, that's what I had assumed that 60fps content in 4K would be very very limited if not almost non existent. My entertainment center is slammed packed full so I'm gonna stick it behind the TV later when I can get it set up. I can't wait to see if YouTubeTV plays back smoothly unlike on the android TV app.
post #7169 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone here have any regrets about their purchase? I'm thinking of doing 65in" upgrade soon.
post #7170 of 9168 Old 02-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

My only regret is thinking the 85" would've been too big and going with the 75" instead. I went from 65" to 75" and while a nice increase, the 85" would've been even better. I'm 10.5ft back though. On the plus side, when I'm ready to upgrade again I'll be able to look at the 85" minimum

As far as the TV itself, everything I watch on it looks good. I prefer a nice accurate natural looking image and this meets my needs. Not to say it couldn't produce other results. I have no real complaints regarding the smart functionality. Some apps are good and others need more development support but most work well. It has it's pros and cons like anything else. It's pros far outweigh its cons for me. If basic reviews make it sounds like it meets your needs then you should go for it. Wouldn't hurt to read through some of the thread for common issues people have or complaints either.
christoofar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page