2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 304 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4349Likes

post #9091 of 9711 Old 07-14-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Local OTA channels, all of them except Fox which broadcasts at 720P and is noticeably softer. Comcast cable is notorious for using a lot of compression, therefore the results you see are not surprising
***My OTA in Denver for ABC has always been in 720p. I thought that’s all that ABC broadcasts - nationally (source.) Maybe a local affiliate upscales to 1080i?

I find OTA in 1080i to be superior to OTA 720p. Absolutely stunning.

Oddly enough, I find Comcast cable set at 720p to provide the best cable picture without Comcast upscaling 720p content. It would be nice if Comcast provided a native resolution option but they don’t.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9092 of 9711 Old 07-14-2019, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTP66 View Post
Yeah, happens with both Netflix and Prime. YouTube, for whatever reason, doesn't have this issue. I'm going to just add some buttons to my Harmony One to make switching it quick and easy, but if my wife starts to get annoyed, I may just change DD+ to DD in the TV and use an optical cable for those two. My Yamaha receiver is only a 5.1 system, so I'm not even sure how much of a benefit DD+ would be for me.
***I’d recommend staying with DD+ if you can put up with the hassle. If it’s truly a 5.1 audio mix - DD+ will give you your best audio. I had an interesting story from a friend that does some audio engineering (mixing) for TV. For broadcast TV - he said that sometimes they take a stereo mix and matrix it & label it as 5.1. Still - I’d stick with DD+ if at all possible.

Home Theater Setup
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
post #9093 of 9711 Old 07-14-2019, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 6662 Post(s)
Liked: 6645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***My OTA in Denver for ABC has always been in 720p. I thought that’s all that ABC broadcasts - nationally (source.) Maybe a local affiliate upscales to 1080i?
I find OTA in 1080i to be superior to OTA 720p. Absolutely stunning.
Oddly enough, I find Comcast cable set at 720p to provide the best cable picture without Comcast upscaling 720p content. It would be nice if Comcast provided a native resolution option but they don’t.
Well, as long as its HD, it is free, well after you buy an antenna I use the LAVA Omnipro HD-8008, works great and does not have to be outside, what do you use, how well does it work?
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9094 of 9711 Old 07-14-2019, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Well, as long as its HD, it is free, well after you buy an antenna I use the LAVA Omnipro HD-8008, works great and does not have to be outside, what do you use, how well does it work?
***We are lucky to have a 740-foot tower with advanced transmission capability on Lookout Mountain, west of Denver. It took a long time to build but the consortium of major, local broadcast stations made in happen. "The Lake Cedar Group installed a custom-designed RF system with three VHF antennas and three UHF antennas that allows six channels to operate in both main and alternate configurations for VHF channels 7 and 9 and UHF channels 16, 17, 19 and 33. Previously, the channels were limited to transmitting low-power digital signals from the tallest building in downtown Denver."

Before HDTV cable and the Lookout Mountain Towers, "OTA" was available from downtown Denver buildings. Back in the 90's - I had one of those early rear projection, 55" (big back then!) "coffin" TV's that actually provided a great picture. I was close enough to pull in signals via a standard, Channel Master VHF/UHF antenna, which I had a guy go up in the attic crawlspace of my ranch home and hang it while running cable to several new outlets in my house.

There was very little content available back then but I vividly remember watching a CBS "HDTV" series on Hitler (a Sunday) in glorious HDTV. The picture was astounding. Really a significant jump over HDTV to 4K, comparison wise.

Even with a cheapo "flat" wall antenna, my PC can pick up all the local "OTA" stations.
WOLVERNOLE likes this.

Home Theater Setup
post #9095 of 9711 Old 07-14-2019, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Maybe you guys can help me out with a better understanding of the various Bravia Sync settings of the TV. We’ve had our 900f for about a year now, but since we got a sound bar, my wife has basically hated the whole setup.

To get to the core of the problem, basically any time you turn on the tv, the CEC will turn on the sound bar immediately, it since the sound bar has to boot quickly, you get a whole handshake of “changing sound to tv speakers,” then a pause and black screen, then “changing sound to audio system” after it sees the sound bar, and another black screen and pause. Then things are usually okay for a while, however with the bugs, which I believe were introduced in the December firmware, it would occasionally just drop the Soundbar signal entirely, switch to the tv speakers, and then if you switched back to the audio system, it would be broken and often require a hard restart of the soundbar.

In addition to all of this, I felt that using ARC audio from hdmi devices such as my DirecTV box was introducing an intolerable amount of audio lag, which left the video ahead of the sound, which is difficult to adjust for. The A/V sync feature on the 900f does a decent enough job, though not perfect, but you can’t use that because it adds a screen flicker if you use it in conjunction with local dimming.

The easiest solution to that was to run an optical cable from my DirecTV box direct to the sound bar, but this left me with two problems. The AV sync was different between DirecTV and my AppleTV, which runs direct through the soundbar and the TVs ARC channel, so it would require audio delay futzing on a regular basis. And also, no matter how many times I would select the optical source on my soundbar, randomly at any time, the TV would just decide to push a CEC command to cause the sound bar to switch back to the ARC audio. Is there any way to reign in the CEC chaos on this thing?

Finally, I decided to get an HDMI switch to just run everything through the soundbar to the TV. On paper, this works great, A.V. Sync is easier to manage, I only have to worry about adjusting my video settings for one input, and the switch should handle input switching by itself. Except now the 900f is haywire. I’ve reset the Bravia sync settings several times now, but somehow whenever I hit the menu button on my Apple TV to activate it, the tv thinks the Apple TV is on HDMI 1, even though there isn’t even a cable plugged into that port. I have fixed this by turning CEC on the Apple TV off, but now this means that I have to manual change the input to Apple TV, as well as not being able to turn the tv off with the Apple TV alone. And to top this all off, I still have to go through the same dance of speaker switching the 900f does whenever turning on the set. Is there any way to just tell it to always stay on Audio System unless I manually switch over to the internal speakers??

Last edited by rafffster; 07-14-2019 at 12:27 PM.
post #9096 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Thank you Cleveland Plasma for delivering me a 85x900F!
The TV works great and I have not seen any issues in my few days with it. The picture is outstanding and the photos from my crappy cell phone do not do it justice. Dolby Vision via XBox One X through my Pioneer 901 receiver to the TV seems to work great at least on Netflix. I have no complaints about the brightness.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_105445128.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	2591008   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_131343540.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	2591010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190714_193441647.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	2591012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190714_204846466.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	2591014  

Last edited by MegaFlop; 07-15-2019 at 08:10 AM.
post #9097 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just picked up a 65” on a Prime Day Deal. Replacing a 57” Mits DLP projection that bit the dust after 12+ years.
Now to go back and read 304 pages of posts!
Ricoflashback likes this.
post #9098 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 08:18 AM
NTC

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I updated to the latest firmware, and now my "HELP" button on the remote does not open up the Help guide. I see the white LED flashing below the SONY tag, so it appears the remote is sending the IR signal, but nothing happens. I can open the Help guide through either the Home->Apps->Help, or going to the Settings->Apps->Help->Open.

Anyone else with this problem?
post #9099 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2038 Post(s)
Liked: 1909
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafffster View Post
Maybe you guys can help me out with a better understanding of the various Bravia Sync settings of the TV. We’ve had our 900f for about a year now, but since we got a sound bar, my wife has basically hated the whole setup.

To get to the core of the problem, basically any time you turn on the tv, the CEC will turn on the sound bar immediately, it since the sound bar has to boot quickly, you get a whole handshake of “changing sound to tv speakers,” then a pause and black screen, then “changing sound to audio system” after it sees the sound bar, and another black screen and pause. Then things are usually okay for a while, however with the bugs, which I believe were introduced in the December firmware, it would occasionally just drop the Soundbar signal entirely, switch to the tv speakers, and then if you switched back to the audio system, it would be broken and often require a hard restart of the soundbar.

In addition to all of this, I felt that using ARC audio from hdmi devices such as my DirecTV box was introducing an intolerable amount of audio lag, which left the video ahead of the sound, which is difficult to adjust for. The A/V sync feature on the 900f does a decent enough job, though not perfect, but you can’t use that because it adds a screen flicker if you use it in conjunction with local dimming.

The easiest solution to that was to run an optical cable from my DirecTV box direct to the sound bar, but this left me with two problems. The AV sync was different between DirecTV and my AppleTV, which runs direct through the soundbar and the TVs ARC channel, so it would require audio delay futzing on a regular basis. And also, no matter how many times I would select the optical source on my soundbar, randomly at any time, the TV would just decide to push a CEC command to cause the sound bar to switch back to the ARC audio. Is there any way to reign in the CEC chaos on this thing?

Finally, I decided to get an HDMI switch to just run everything through the soundbar to the TV. On paper, this works great, A.V. Sync is easier to manage, I only have to worry about adjusting my video settings for one input, and the switch should handle input switching by itself. Except now the 900f is haywire. I’ve reset the Bravia sync settings several times now, but somehow whenever I hit the menu button on my Apple TV to activate it, the tv thinks the Apple TV is on HDMI 1, even though there isn’t even a cable plugged into that port. I have fixed this by turning CEC on the Apple TV off, but now this means that I have to manual change the input to Apple TV, as well as not being able to turn the tv off with the Apple TV alone. And to top this all off, I still have to go through the same dance of speaker switching the 900f does whenever turning on the set. Is there any way to just tell it to always stay on Audio System unless I manually switch over to the internal speakers??
ARC issues were supposed to have been fixed a couple of firmware versions ago, which version are you on? I'd try a hard reset of all devices, followed by a factory reset if necessary.

I've read some people here mention the problems with auto switching TV speakers to external audio which surprises me. Mine auto switches to AVR flawlessly.
post #9100 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post
I updated to the latest firmware, and now my "HELP" button on the remote does not open up the Help guide. Anyone else with this problem?
Just checked, with 6.6520, HELP button operates normally.
NTC likes this.
post #9101 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 01:34 PM
NTC

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
Just checked, with 6.6520, HELP button operates normally.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll unplug the TV again and see if it comes back working.
post #9102 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:

Not sure this will help, if you do not want the Sound bar to turn on every time you turn on the TV via Bravia sync - change the following setting"
HOME > Settings > Sound > Audio system prioritization > Off

When this is off the TV should only use the Sound bar based on your TV's Speakers setting when you turn off the TV.

So if you turn off the TV with the Sound bar on the next time you turn on the TV the Sound bar will be on.

If you turn off the TV with the Sound bar off the next time you turn on the TV the Sound bar will be off.
post #9103 of 9711 Old 07-15-2019, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreBee View Post
Just picked up a 65” on a Prime Day Deal. Replacing a 57” Mits DLP projection that bit the dust after 12+ years.
Now to go back and read 304 pages of posts!
There’s only 9000+ posts!

Spoiler!
post #9104 of 9711 Old 07-16-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400MHz MAN View Post
Not sure this will help, if you do not want the Sound bar to turn on every time you turn on the TV via Bravia sync - change the following setting"
HOME > Settings > Sound > Audio system prioritization > Off

When this is off the TV should only use the Sound bar based on your TV's Speakers setting when you turn off the TV.

So if you turn off the TV with the Sound bar on the next time you turn on the TV the Sound bar will be on.

If you turn off the TV with the Sound bar off the next time you turn on the TV the Sound bar will be off.
Unfortunately no, I had already turned Audio System Prioritization off, and that doesn't seem to have any effect on the situation. CEC still takes over. If I turn the sound bar on before turning the TV on, it sometimes mitigates the boot up dance a little bit, but if the TV turns on and doesn't see the sound bar right away (even though it has actually simultaneously given the CEC command to the sound bar to power on), it switches to TV speakers and then back again to Audio System when it sees the Sound Bar. I'm considering getting a Harmony remote so that I can program that sequence, though I feel that I shouldn't HAVE to resort to this.

Regardless, and I believe that I did get the newest firmware update last week, the TV will STILL occasionally just decide to that the soundbar is no longer there and switch back to TV speakers. This occurs arbitrarily in the middle of programs, not during questionable changes such as input changes or Audio Codec changes. And of course, as would be my luck, these problems occur far more often to my wife than me. She has no patience for shuffling between 4 different remotes to operate the TV, especially when she could really care less about surround sound (though I think she forgets that she partly instigated the search for extra audio because we found voices unimpressive and sometimes hard to hear with the built in speakers).
post #9105 of 9711 Old 07-16-2019, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unfortunately no, I had already turned Audio System Prioritization off, and that doesn't seem to have any effect on the situation. CEC still takes over. If I turn the sound bar on before turning the TV on, it sometimes mitigates the boot up dance a little bit, but if the TV turns on and doesn't see the sound bar right away (even though it has actually simultaneously given the CEC command to the sound bar to power on), it switches to TV speakers and then back again to Audio System when it sees the Sound Bar. I'm considering getting a Harmony remote so that I can program that sequence, though I feel that I shouldn't HAVE to resort to this.

Regardless, and I believe that I did get the newest firmware update last week, the TV will STILL occasionally just decide to that the soundbar is no longer there and switch back to TV speakers. This occurs arbitrarily in the middle of programs, not during questionable changes such as input changes or Audio Codec changes. And of course, as would be my luck, these problems occur far more often to my wife than me. She has no patience for shuffling between 4 different remotes to operate the TV, especially when she could really care less about surround sound (though I think she forgets that she partly instigated the search for extra audio because we found voices unimpressive and sometimes hard to hear with the built in speakers).
What cables are you using? Try reseating them and a hard power reset (unplug the TV and soundbar for 3 minutes). If this doesn't work, I'd try a factory reset since you just did the firmware update last week.
post #9106 of 9711 Old 07-16-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
What cables are you using? Try reseating them and a hard power reset (unplug the TV and soundbar for 3 minutes). If this doesn't work, I'd try a factory reset since you just did the firmware update last week.
This has been a problem since December, and just this weekend, I put up new furniture and this involved a complete rewire of my setup. In the process, I upgraded my HDMI cords relating to my Apple TV 4K from Amazon High Speed to Monoprice Certified Premium cables, three of which run from the Apple TV 4k to the HDMI Switch, to the Vizio Sound Bar and then into the HDMI ARC port of the 900f. So these are completely new premium cords relaying the same problems. The auto switching of the TV to HDMI 1 from the activation of the Apple TV which is on HDMI 3 is definitely a new wrinkle that started with the addition of the HDMI switch, though I still can't think of a reason for the confusion. This problem alone is making me consider a factory reset for the TV, as painful as that will be. Though I think it's 50/50 on if that will help at all.
post #9107 of 9711 Old 07-16-2019, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, I have a problem with the 85 inch x900f. It looks like the back light diffuser is wrinkled as you can see in the pic. It look like a ripple at the edge of the screen. Did anyone saw something like this? Do you know what causing this issue and how it can be fix? If it can be fix how much it will cost. I got this TV as used and I did not notice this issue. thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190526_162909.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	2591694  
post #9108 of 9711 Old 07-16-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghappy View Post
Hi guys, I have a problem with the 85 inch x900f. It looks like the back light diffuser is wrinkled as you can see in the pic. It look like a ripple at the edge of the screen. Did anyone saw something like this? Do you know what causing this issue and how it can be fix? If it can be fix how much it will cost. I got this TV as used and I did not notice this issue. thank you for your help.
Another pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190526_1629091.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	2591702  
post #9109 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Another pic

I'm curious to know as well. I have this similar condition on the lower edge of the TV, 2 on the left and 2 on the right.

I didn't notice it right away, but after finding it I decided to live with it after the hassle I went through with my 75X900E getting replaced with a 75X900F which was damaged in shipment and had to get replaced again with another 75X900F that now has this issue.

I really only notice it on a full screen image with a light colored background and looking at the TV from the side. Letterboxed stuff isn't an issue at all.
post #9110 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello All,

I just joined the forum and had a question regarding my 55" version of this set. Apologies if it has been answered somewhere in the first 20+ pages!

Bought the set about 6 weeks ago and have noticed very poor black levels in dark scenes. I don't know the appropriate terminology to describe it, but in a dark scene the black looks pixelated and even sometimes gray. Maybe "washed out" is the correct term to use. Watching the latest season of Stranger things really drove me crazy.

I'm using an Apple TV 4K as my streaming source with high speed HDMI cables. I have dolby vision enabled (I have read mixed things about DV) and the problem is present no matter the video feed (Netflix, Youtube TV, etc). I'm really not sure what to try next. My 75" 1080P samsung set that's 6 yrs old is better looking at this point.

Thank you for any help.
post #9111 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPGE View Post
Hello All,

I just joined the forum and had a question regarding my 55" version of this set. Apologies if it has been answered somewhere in the first 20+ pages!

Bought the set about 6 weeks ago and have noticed very poor black levels in dark scenes. I don't know the appropriate terminology to describe it, but in a dark scene the black looks pixelated and even sometimes gray. Maybe "washed out" is the correct term to use. Watching the latest season of Stranger things really drove me crazy.

I'm using an Apple TV 4K as my streaming source with high speed HDMI cables. I have dolby vision enabled (I have read mixed things about DV) and the problem is present no matter the video feed (Netflix, Youtube TV, etc). I'm really not sure what to try next. My 75" 1080P samsung set that's 6 yrs old is better looking at this point.

Thank you for any help.
This is a common issue for new ATV4K owners. DV shouldn't be enabled. Set the default at 4K SDR with matching frame rate and matching range both turned on. Try that and see if you're still having problems.
bmcleod likes this.
post #9112 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPGE View Post
Hello All,

Thank you for any help.
Quote:
This is a common issue for new ATV4K owners. DV shouldn't be enabled. Set the default at 4K SDR with matching frame rate and matching range both turned on. Try that and see if you're still having problems.
I would just add that you SHOULD first “Enable Dolby Vision” to make sure it works with your source/cables/AVR etc, and that you get the DV ‘badge’ to pop up on your TV; then follow PlanetAVS’ advice in setting 4K SDR, match frame rate and range. In your case it sounds like DV is working, so I’m just adding this to make the procedure complete.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1

Last edited by bmcleod; 07-17-2019 at 03:19 PM.
post #9113 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Another pic
I have the same tv, same size, and have NOTHING at all like it present on my screen.
kinghappy likes this.

Sony XBR 85 900F
Sony STR DN1080
TI 85 Calculator with Snake
post #9114 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsnov73 View Post
I'm curious to know as well. I have this similar condition on the lower edge of the TV, 2 on the left and 2 on the right.

I didn't notice it right away, but after finding it I decided to live with it after the hassle I went through with my 75X900E getting replaced with a 75X900F which was damaged in shipment and had to get replaced again with another 75X900F that now has this issue.

I really only notice it on a full screen image with a light colored background and looking at the TV from the side. Letterboxed stuff isn't an issue at all.
I wouldn’t accept it.
CaptinCrunch and kinghappy like this.
post #9115 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
I wouldn’t accept it.
He bought it used. I doubt he can return it.

Spoiler!
post #9116 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
I have the same tv, same size, and have NOTHING at all like it present on my screen.
+1
post #9117 of 9711 Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
Some TVs has this issue. i guess you got lucky I am hoping it is an easy fix
post #9118 of 9711 Old 07-18-2019, 02:22 AM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
I wouldn’t accept it.

I didn't notice it until after the 2nd replacement was delivered. I should have submitted it to Sony, but didn't and am beyond the 1 year warranty with Sony now. I bought it with a Visa credit card with 2 years extended warranty, so I did start a claim with them last night and will submit the required info and pictures and see what happens. It's either they fix it, replace it, or cut a check. I would prefer a check and upsize to the 85", but probably won't be the outcome.
post #9119 of 9711 Old 07-18-2019, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Fantastic recommendation! This appears to have fixed the problem. I searched far and wide on the internet for a solution until I stumbled upon this forum. The wealth of knowledge is impressive here. Thank you for the help!
PlanetAVS likes this.
post #9120 of 9711 Old 07-18-2019, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 210
How is this sets picture quality on standard definition dvds? Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page