2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 322 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4635Likes

post #9631 of 10849 Old 09-30-2019, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello to all.
I have strange problem with my x900f.
I have 2 flash USB drives plugged in TV, first with my TV shows etc. and second with cartoons for my kid. Every 2-3 days second drive (the one with cartoons) gets "invisible" for TV, in other words TV doesn't recognize it, like it is not plugged in at all. When I go into settings, under storage and reset both drives are there, but the second drive is "safely removed" although I didn't remove it. Only solution is to turn off TV, unplugged it for few moments and when I turn it on again it recognizes both drives.
Both drives are identical, same capacity, almost new. I even tried with different drives, same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 10849 Old 09-30-2019, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroslav Brebric View Post
Hello to all.
I have strange problem with my x900f.
I have 2 flash USB drives plugged in TV, first with my TV shows etc. and second with cartoons for my kid. Every 2-3 days second drive (the one with cartoons) gets "invisible" for TV, in other words TV doesn't recognize it, like it is not plugged in at all. When I go into settings, under storage and reset both drives are there, but the second drive is "safely removed" although I didn't remove it. Only solution is to turn off TV, unplugged it for few moments and when I turn it on again it recognizes both drives.
Both drives are identical, same capacity, almost new. I even tried with different drives, same thing.
When you say you tried with different drives and ‘same thing’, do you mean you copied the cartoons to a different flash drive and it still became ‘invisible’? What if you only plug in the one drive with cartoons? What if you plug that drive into a different port? (in other words is the same TV port always disconnecting?) If the drive with the cartoons always disconnects I would suspect a file or files on the drive.

Last edited by bmcleod; 09-30-2019 at 06:33 PM.
post #9633 of 10849 Old 09-30-2019, 04:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
I like rotating thru the various Picture Modes to see what they all look like with my customized settings on various feeds and programs. I take serious issue with having to go thru 3 or 4 screens along with the very lagging and slow response of the remote control to access this feature. Am I missing something. I'm surprised there isn't a rocker switch to scroll thru the various Picture Modes such as Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Home Pro.

Seems nonsensical that Sony sells a $3,500 TV without a manual describing the TV's features, options and settings. I'm guessing there are about 50 different setting in the menus I've no clue what they do or how they function. Stupidity as the Sony wqebsite doesn't even tell what everything does and how it does it. How is a person supposed to know what to enable and/or disable and/or modify if you can't even read about what the features do!?!?!?!?!?
This may help answer some of your questions

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/sony-tv...view-5605.html

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9634 of 10849 Old 09-30-2019, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
USB Video

When watching video via USB then switching to tv, how do I get back to watching USB video without having to unplug/replug the USB device? Is there another way to just switch via "input" button? TIA

After having witnessed the mugging of a snail by a fellow snail, the investigating officer asked the DMP-BD30 what happened to which the BD player replied "I don't remember...it happened so fast."
post #9635 of 10849 Old 09-30-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
... Is there ANY easy way to access the Picture modes in ANY manner?
There was a way to get directly to Picture Mode with Harmony remotes until FW6010 (1 keypress vs 5) Sony disabled it, and it’s not likely to come back. Might be able to make a macro.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1

Last edited by bmcleod; 10-01-2019 at 10:42 AM.
post #9636 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
When you say you tried with different drives and ‘same thing’, do you mean you copied the cartoons to a different flash drive and it still became ‘invisible’? What if you only plug in the one drive with cartoons? What if you plug that drive into a different port? (in other words is the same TV port always disconnecting?) If the drive with the cartoons always disconnects I would suspect a file or files on the drive.

Yes, i tried copying cartoons to third drive and it still becomes "invisible" after day or two. I also tried with switching USB ports on TV, same thing. I will try with only cartoon drive plugged in and see will it disappear.
I doubt that file or files are problem, it can't be that 200 cartoons are corrupted.
post #9637 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroslav Brebric View Post
Yes, i tried copying cartoons to third drive and it still becomes "invisible" after day or two. I also tried with switching USB ports on TV, same thing. I will try with only cartoon drive plugged in and see will it disappear.
I doubt that file or files are problem, it can't be that 200 cartoons are corrupted.
But it could be that one of them is corrupted, when eventually it gets played the disk ejects. Just a possibility. I suppose if that was the case, you (or your kids) would see it happen at the same place. If the other files on the same drive in the same port don’t fail, that would be an indicator.
post #9638 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
But it could be that one of them is corrupted, when eventually it gets played the disk ejects. Just a possibility. I suppose if that was the case, you (or your kids) would see it happen at the same place. If the other files on the same drive in the same port don’t fail, that would be an indicator.

But drive don't eject while it's playing cartoon, it just don't get recognize by TV when i turn it on in the morning or in the afternoon whey we get home .
post #9639 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
I like rotating thru the various Picture Modes to see what they all look like with my customized settings on various feeds and programs. I take serious issue with having to go thru 3 or 4 screens along with the very lagging and slow response of the remote control to access this feature. Am I missing something. I'm surprised there isn't a rocker switch to scroll thru the various Picture Modes such as Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Home Pro, etc.

Is there a way to program the colored A, B, C and D buttons to assign and/or scroll thru the picture modes rather than accessing the buried menu selection? Is there ANY easy way to access the Picture modes in ANY manner?

My Sony AVR remote has a rocker switch to toggle thru the various Sound Field settings without accessing any menus. I'm surprised I haven't found this option on the 900F?

Seems nonsensical that Sony sells a $3,500 TV without a manual describing the TV's features, options and settings. I'm guessing there are about 50 different setting in the menus I've no clue what they do or how they function. Stupidity as the Sony wqebsite doesn't even tell what everything does and how it does it. How is a person supposed to know what to enable and/or disable and/or modify if you can't even read about what the features do!?!?!?!?!?

FWIW, I'm familiar with the aftermarket remote controls but am seeking help specific to the garbage Sony remote.
Yes, the easy way to change picture modes is to hit the "Quick Action" button on the remote. From there, you can go directly to "Picture Settings." I'm not sure what you mean by delay, but I suppose the X900F doesn't have the fastest UI, so the screens might not be super snappy. It's not a delay with the actual remote though, just the TV being "slow." Sorry that there isn't a faster way to do this, but most people rarely change picture modes, if ever. At least, once you find which ones you like, it should be a rarer occasion.

Totally agree, though, regarding the lack of manual. It's like electronics used to be for nerds and we all liked the settings. Now they just ship TV's with nothing because they know that 99% of people just plug it in and turn it on. I get going green, but they could at least publish a decent manual and have the .pdf available on their website. It's taken me a great deal of effort to learn about the settings and features of my Sony.. and Sony hasn't really helped at all lol. Thank god for the internet sometimes, eh?

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
post #9640 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It's like getting User Manual for your Android phone. It doesn't make sense, it is a dynamic environment - it gets updates and stuff changes. With the next update your Home button may work differently, so how make a guide for that?

PS4 Pro
post #9641 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
It's like getting User Manual for your Android phone. It doesn't make sense, it is a dynamic environment - it gets updates and stuff changes. With the next update your Home button may work differently, so how make a guide for that?
I would love to have a paper manual for my iPhone as I don't know a fraction of what it can do. Also, I'm a reader, not a "button" pusher. I want to read about what a device can do and how it does it.

How about a 900F manual explaining Motionflow, Cineflow, Auto Black Adjust, Vivid color or Live Color, auto color enhance, HRC settings, Smoothness, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc........ I'm not talking about the remote, I'm wanting to know the technical aspects of the HUNDREDS of available settings that tweak the display. Maybe it's just the technical side of my mind screaming for information. I'm an engineer and like to know what is available and if I use it I want to know what it's doing "behind" the scenes as well as on the scene...
post #9642 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
Yes, the easy way to change picture modes is to hit the "Quick Action" button on the remote. From there, you can go directly to "Picture Settings." I'm not sure what you mean by delay, but I suppose the X900F doesn't have the fastest UI, so the screens might not be super snappy. It's not a delay with the actual remote though, just the TV being "slow." Sorry that there isn't a faster way to do this, but most people rarely change picture modes, if ever. At least, once you find which ones you like, it should be a rarer occasion.

Totally agree, though, regarding the lack of manual. It's like electronics used to be for nerds and we all liked the settings. Now they just ship TV's with nothing because they know that 99% of people just plug it in and turn it on. I get going green, but they could at least publish a decent manual and have the .pdf available on their website. It's taken me a great deal of effort to learn about the settings and features of my Sony.. and Sony hasn't really helped at all lol. Thank god for the internet sometimes, eh?
Excellent. I'll give it a shot this evening. I didn't realize the "Quick Action" will get me there quicker. Also, you are correct in it's my TV UI that is "slow". I'm down to usingg 2 to 3 picture modes, Cutom, Home Pro and Sports are close to where I want them.

Now if only I had a manual describing the many, many options available that are intended to enhance the viewing experience, if only I could find out what the hell they do AND how they do it. Nonsensical to me. I truly can't comprehend the lack of an explanatory owners manual. The Sony website offers no help on the multitude of picture "enhancement" options. The engineer in me just can't comprehend this approach. Utter stupidity.
post #9643 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 22
There are plenty of guides on Sony's website, including exactly the settings you mentioned, picture modes, etc.
You can call them "user guides" These are community generated, which is even better.

https://community.sony.de/t5/how-tos.../bg-p/HowTo_TV

PS4 Pro
post #9644 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7017 Post(s)
Liked: 7034
Quote:
No, right now I have a "High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet" I got from my company's IT department.

I just went down to their offices and got a "Premium High Speed Cable with Ethernet" which I'll install tonight. I thought the HDMI cable was satisfactory as long as your TV displayed a picture?

Will the Premium cable "with Ethernet" I just went and got be adequate?
Possibly not........trying another cable will give that answer.....

Quote:
“Premium” is the right word, but the certificate that Cleveland Plasma posted is a better indication of probable success. To get 4K with HDR or DV, you need a better/faster cable, so just getting a picture is no longer the benchmark. First you have to know your source is sending a 4K signal, then the 900F has to show you it’s receiving one (2160p when you hit display); which is all to say ‘it might work’.
In reading these forums every day, the bottom line is some cables work for some guys and that same cable might not work for another with the exact same gear........
post #9645 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Excellent. I'll give it a shot this evening. I didn't realize the "Quick Action" will get me there quicker. Also, you are correct in it's my TV UI that is "slow". I'm down to usingg 2 to 3 picture modes, Cutom, Home Pro and Sports are close to where I want them.

Now if only I had a manual describing the many, many options available that are intended to enhance the viewing experience, if only I could find out what the hell they do AND how they do it. Nonsensical to me. I truly can't comprehend the lack of an explanatory owners manual. The Sony website offers no help on the multitude of picture "enhancement" options. The engineer in me just can't comprehend this approach. Utter stupidity.
The button on the Sony remote is actually called “Action Menu” (there’s nothing quick about it), from there you scroll down 3 times and hit enter, so 5 key presses to get to picture adjustment when it used to be 1.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #9646 of 10849 Old 10-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
The button on the Sony remote is actually called “Action Menu” (there’s nothing quick about it), from there you scroll down 3 times and hit enter, so 5 key presses to get to picture adjustment when it used to be 1.
Well hell, that's the way I've been accessing via 5 button pushes. Too bad they did away with a single button push.
bmcleod likes this.
post #9647 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I have a question as far as the inputs are concerned..I’m aware that only inputs 2 & 3 support full HDMI bandwidth. So knowing that, my question is..

I use input 3 for for my sound bar so that only leaves me with input 2 which I use for my Xbox one x. Does my cable box (which is Verizon fios tv one 4K capable) need to be connected to hdmi 2 or 3 to view HBO movies that support hdr or Dolby Vision. For example, I just watched a movie on HBO that said it was in DV (Halloween) but in settings it only showed HDR and not DV. I also use the 900F for internal apps like Netflix, Amazon Video..etc. Netflix movies in DV play in DV..so I’m wondering why the HBO movie which said it was DV didn’t show DV in picture settings.
post #9648 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post
I have a question as far as the inputs are concerned..I’m aware that only inputs 2 & 3 support full HDMI bandwidth. So knowing that, my question is..

I use input 3 for for my sound bar so that only leaves me with input 2 which I use for my Xbox one x. Does my cable box (which is Verizon fios tv one 4K capable) need to be connected to hdmi 2 or 3 to view HBO movies that support hdr or Dolby Vision. For example, I just watched a movie on HBO that said it was in DV (Halloween) but in settings it only showed HDR and not DV. I also use the 900F for internal apps like Netflix, Amazon Video..etc. Netflix movies in DV play in DV..so I’m wondering why the HBO movie which said it was DV didn’t show DV in picture settings.
I'm pretty sure that FiOS only supports DV for Netflix and only with the IPC4100.

Sony XBR-65X900F // Sony HTZ9F Sound Bar & SAZ9R Speakers // Xbox One X & PS4 Pro
post #9649 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Single button access to picture adjustment menu

Quote:
Quote:
Well hell, that's the way I've been accessing via 5 button pushes. Too bad they did away with a single button push.
If either of you (or anybody else) still have one of these remotes could you see if the single button access to the picture menu works with the 900F?

What is the model # of a remote with the single button access?

What is that button labeled?

Thanks!

Last edited by Robin; 10-02-2019 at 02:35 PM.
post #9650 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman View Post
I'm pretty sure that FiOS only supports DV for Netflix and only with the IPC4100.
Hmmm that’s interesting. Wonder why that is?

Does anyone know of a good HDMI splitter I can use to add more full 4K bandwidth inputs if I want to add a PS4 Pro, Apple TV etc.. Thanks!
post #9651 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
If either of you (or anybody else) still have one of these remotes could you see if the single button access to the picture menu works with the 900F?

What is the model # of a remote with the single button access?

What is that button labeled?

Thanks!
It’s not the remote, it’s the TV that’s changed. Older firmware accepted a command generally known as ‘Picture Mode’, Harmony and other Universal remotes could be programmed to send the picture mode command (most still are), it took you directly to where you can change modes. Unfortunately, Sony decided that command wasn’t needed and removed it from the TVs remote command set, so even if your remote sends the command, the TV won’t act on it. Since you can’t downgrade your firmware, there’s really no way to ‘go back’.

post #9652 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It’s not the remote, it’s the TV that’s changed. Older firmware accepted a command generally known as ‘Picture Mode’, Harmony and other Universal remotes could be programmed to send the picture mode command (most still are), it took you directly to where you can change modes. Unfortunately, Sony decided that command wasn’t needed and removed it from the TVs remote command set, so even if your remote sends the command, the TV won’t act on it. Since you can’t downgrade your firmware, there’s really no way to ‘go back’.
Thanks for the excellent explanation of the situation. My 85" 900F is scheduled to be delivered on next week, but I did use the remote in the Best Buy showroom and went through the button pushes previously described so at least I know what I'm getting into. I *think* I also had to go deeper and into the advanced adjustments menu to get where I was going---the control for the local dimming. I wanted to make sure I could defeat the LD and of course I could. I need that option because of the horror stories I've read about the nondefeatabilty of LD in Samsung sets. I am particularly concerned about blooming around closed captions (subtitles), so, should this be a problem for me, I have the option of switching off the LD. I was pleasantly surprised by what seemed to be the decent native contrast of the 85" with no LD. I considered the 850G 85" but I wanted at least the option to have LD should I prefer it in some (or all?) situations. Sorry for rambling and getting off subject.
bmcleod likes this.
post #9653 of 10849 Old 10-02-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the excellent explanation of the situation. My 85" 900F is scheduled to be delivered on next week, but I did use the remote in the Best Buy showroom and went through the button pushes previously described so at least I know what I'm getting into. I *think* I also had to go deeper and into the advanced adjustments menu to get where I was going---the control for the local dimming. I wanted to make sure I could defeat the LD and of course I could. I need that option because of the horror stories I've read about the nondefeatabilty of LD in Samsung sets. I am particularly concerned about blooming around closed captions (subtitles), so, should this be a problem for me, I have the option of switching off the LD. I was pleasantly surprised by what seemed to be the decent native contrast of the 85" with no LD. I considered the 850G 85" but I wanted at least the option to have LD should I prefer it in some (or all?) situations. Sorry for rambling and getting off subject.
You’re welcome, glad it helped. When you get your 85x900F you might want to check the firmware before updating it. Some have reported getting older firmware on newer TVs, if it was important you could have the picture mode command, at least until there was a compelling reason to upgrade. You’d need a Harmony remote to access it. I personally haven’t been bothered by blooming, but I don’t watch a lot of subtitled movies, I will say that credits are about the only place I might ever notice it.

post #9654 of 10849 Old 10-03-2019, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Depending on the device you are streaming on, you might be able to control how subtitles are displayed to minimize any potential blooming. On my Apple TV I have the subtitles setup so they are white but semi-transparent, and on a semi-transparent black background. So they aren't 100% bright white but are still totally legible. I see no blooming around them at all with that setup.

Of course that won't help in content where the subtitles are baked in, but for me the pros of local dimming far outweigh the incredibly rare instances I run into problem subtitles.
bmcleod, Swoosh830 and Cheddarhead like this.
post #9655 of 10849 Old 10-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You’re welcome, glad it helped. When you get your 85x900F you might want to check the firmware before updating it. Some have reported getting older firmware on newer TVs, if it was important you could have the picture mode command, at least until there was a compelling reason to upgrade. You’d need a Harmony remote to access it. I personally haven’t been bothered by blooming, but I don’t watch a lot of subtitled movies, I will say that credits are about the only place I might ever notice it.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check the firmware as soon as I get the TV.
post #9656 of 10849 Old 10-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -griffy- View Post
Depending on the device you are streaming on, you might be able to control how subtitles are displayed to minimize any potential blooming. On my Apple TV I have the subtitles setup so they are white but semi-transparent, and on a semi-transparent black background. So they aren't 100% bright white but are still totally legible. I see no blooming around them at all with that setup.

Of course that won't help in content where the subtitles are baked in, but for me the pros of local dimming far outweigh the incredibly rare instances I run into problem subtitles.
Thanks for the suggestion. It will be nice to have the three levels of local dimming to play with, as opposed to the 850G (which I considered) that has no local dimming.
post #9657 of 10849 Old 10-05-2019, 02:32 PM

Well this is lousy. I just connected a replacement cable box as my old one was dated. After installing the new box, new coaxial and new HDMI I now have a very thin red vertical line on the display. Problem is, it's not the new box or new cables. I reverted to the old cables and line still there. I then completely disconnected ALL inputs to the TV (i.e., I disconnected the HDMI input cable to the TV). With the only connection to the TV being the power supply the red line is still there telling me it's internal to the TV

I'm seeking advice on how to proceed other than contacting the retailer to report a warranty proble. I searched the issue and it seems somewhat common with a lot of comments being a bad "TAB" connection. Others saying bad board.

It's a strange coincidence that this problem occurred simultaneously with me installing the new cable box.

It looks just like below. Not my TV as I don't want to go thru the hassel of taking an actual pic and uploading to a photo sharing site and then having to blah, blah, blah. I can't figure out how to upload a photo from my hard drive!

Only difference on mine is my red line is about 18" from the right side edge.

Last edited by rikhek; 10-05-2019 at 02:39 PM.
post #9658 of 10849 Old 10-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Well this is lousy. I just connected a replacement cable box as my old one was dated. After installing the new box, new coaxial and new HDMI I now have a very thin red vertical line on the display. Problem is, it's not the new box or new cables. I reverted to the old cables and line still there. I then completely disconnected ALL inputs to the TV (i.e., I disconnected the HDMI input cable to the TV). With the only connection to the TV being the power supply the red line is still there telling me it's internal to the TV

I'm seeking advice on how to proceed other than contacting the retailer to report a warranty proble. I searched the issue and it seems somewhat common with a lot of comments being a bad "TAB" connection. Others saying bad board.

It's a strange coincidence that this problem occurred simultaneously with me installing the new cable box.

It looks just like below. Not my TV as I don't want to go thru the hassel of taking an actual pic and uploading to a photo sharing site and then having to blah, blah, blah. I can't figure out how to upload a photo from my hard drive!

Only difference on mine is my red line is about 18" from the right side edge.
First you should unplug your TV for a few minutes and then see how it looks when you restart, a factory reset wouldn’t hurt either. After that I think you’re looking at a repair.

To upload a picture you have to ‘attach’ the photo(s) to the post, either by dragging a photo into the box below, or going into preview post / advanced options and hit the ‘paper clip’ icon. I just dragged the picture below into the box marked ‘Drag and Drop File Upload’, I see that after I hit ‘Quote’.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2063.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	2624050  

Last edited by bmcleod; 10-05-2019 at 03:03 PM.
post #9659 of 10849 Old 10-05-2019, 03:08 PM

I've already "rebooted" a number of times by unplugging and letting it set a bit prior to powering back up with no success. I'm hesitant to do a factory reset as I've invested many hours customizing settings that I'm certain will be lost. I just called my retailer and they'll be here Monday afternoon.... Lousy.

At least I learned how to attach a pic to a post from my device! The pics below is my actual TV.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5897.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	601.5 KB
ID:	2624066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5898.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	622.2 KB
ID:	2624068  
post #9660 of 10849 Old 10-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I recently discovered that the Panasonic remotes for the UB820 and UB9000 will intermittently
cause my 49X900F screen to flicker when the tv is off. I have a projector in the same room and do not want the 900F to go on when I am operating the Panasonic’s onto the 285es. I have tried all 6 remote codes on the Panasonic players and the issue still keeps popping up. The 900F seems to go into a dim light mode with the Sony logo off.
Anybody else having this issue and is there a solution???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page