2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 332 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4519Likes

post #9931 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarnut View Post
I am looking at buying a 65" 900F to replace my current 60" Sony in my bedroom. The question I have is regarding the stand legs. I have an excellent TV stand but the glass where the TV will sit only measures 44.5 inches wide and the Sony legs are apparently 45.25 inches apart. The glass on the top of my stand will easily hold up to 300lbs. My question is are the legs on the TV solid and would it be OK to have the very tips of the legs extending 3/8th's of an inch over on each side? I have read that the legs can be reversed but Sony does not support this and I would not want the TV to be unstable and get damaged and not be able to have Sony warranty it. (Actually based on what I have read I will not consider doing this) If the general consensus is that having the legs extending beyond the edges slightly I will have to go with the 55". By the way I hate these new legs. I have a 75" Z9D and a 900E with the center mount stands and they are much more convenient and look better too. I do not want to buy a new stand or wall mount the TV. As always thanks for the help.
I think if your TV falls over, whether the feet are pointed in or out, you’d be lucky for it to be covered by warranty. It’s your responsibility to provide a stable base, and if say you’re in earthquake country, you might need to add additional support, even on a perfect base. That said, we also can only give you opinions about whether overlapping 3/8” (3/4” total) will still be stable or safe, or whether it will be more stable than feet in (which also has a unique aesthetic).

To me, 3/8” doesn’t sound like much, and as long as the pads at the end of the feet (which are about 1” long) are still on a solid surface, you’ll probably be ok. My 85x900F is also on glass (1/2” tempered), and the elbow ends of the feet go off the glass, but I built a custom Pilar that supports the elbows, as I also wanted good stability. Though I built the credenza the Sony sits on before buying it, so customizing it was in my wheelhouse and it still looks good. There’s an educated opinion, in the end you know your situation best.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1

Last edited by bmcleod; 11-10-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9932 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
I think if your TV falls over, whether the feet are pointed in or out, you’d be lucky for it to be covered by warranty. It’s your responsibility to provide a stable base, and if say you’re in earthquake country, you might need to add additional support, even on a perfect base. That said, we also can only give you opinions about whether overlapping 3/8” (3/4” total) will still be stable or safe, or whether it will be more stable than feet in (which also has a unique aesthetic).

To me, 3/8” doesn’t sound like much, and as long as the pads at the end of the feet (which are about 1” long) are still on a solid surface, you’ll probably be ok. My 85x900F is also on glass (1/2” tempered), and the elbow ends of the feet go off the glass, but I built a custom Pilar that supports the elbows, as I also wanted good stability. Though I built the credenza the Sony sits on before buying it, so customizing it was in my wheelhouse and it still looks good. There’s an educated opinion, in the end you know your situation best.
Thanks for the reply. I also have a 1/2" tempered glass top and thankfully am not in a earthquake zone. I was not aware that there were pads on the bottom of the feet but most of the pad should be on the glass surface. Since your 85" is heavier then what the 65" is by 45lbs I don't think I will have an issue. Interesting that the stand on the 85" is 4lbs heavier than the other stands for the smaller versions. Thanks and have good day.
bmcleod likes this.
post #9933 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2180 Post(s)
Liked: 2007
Quote:
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You won't know until you try. There's no black/white answer as to what constitutes stable. You'll lose a bit of stability IMO but my guess is it should be ok, since the legs angle and you'll still have leg to glass contact with almost all of the remaining portion of each leg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9934 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I also have a 1/2" tempered glass top and thankfully am not in a earthquake zone. I was not aware that there were pads on the bottom of the feet but most of the pad should be on the glass surface. Since your 85" is heavier then what the 65" is by 45lbs I don't think I will have an issue. Interesting that the stand on the 85" is 4lbs heavier than the other stands for the smaller versions. Thanks and have good day.
I'm not anywhere near my 900f but with the feet toed in instead of out (reverse them) I don't think you are anywhere near 45 inches apart.
post #9935 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Liked: 6845
Quote:
I think if your TV falls over, whether the feet are pointed in or out, you’d be lucky for it to be covered by warranty.
Any physical damage of any kind would not be covered.......
post #9936 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Dolby Vision indicator?

How can I check from X900F that the picture is in the Dolby Vision mode? There is a HDR indicator in the picture settings but is there a way to check that it is actually Dolby Vision and not only HDR10?

Thanks!
post #9937 of 10390 Old 11-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 502 Post(s)
Liked: 297
My X900F sits on the edge of a small dresser, so I use this thing from Amazon. Tilts, swivels, very solid and sturdy...the TV weight iks pretty much put on the center so the sides of the glass can overhang to a certain degree, assuming you won't be bumping things. :-D

https://www.amazon.com/AVF-B401BB-Un.../dp/B01N4AUSQH

Quote:
Originally Posted by denstir View Post
Hey Everyone, just looking for some info. Presently have a 55'' 810C looking to upgrade to a 65" 900F. My issue is that because it's a corner set up and a fireplace is on one wall I don't have a lot of space for the stand. Did a search already but my questions are:

1) Are the feet still reversible on the TV so they point inward? I know they stopped that on the 950G.
2) If so what is the stand width now? Someone mentioned around 30" but I saw some where(which I can't find now) that it was 27"
3) Has anyone used a 3rd party stand(Amazon, Best Buy, etc) that attaches to the vesa mount and if so how are they?

Thanks in advance
Quote:
I am looking at buying a 65" 900F to replace my current 60" Sony in my bedroom. The question I have is regarding the stand legs. I have an excellent TV stand but the glass where the TV will sit only measures 44.5 inches wide and the Sony legs are apparently 45.25 inches apart. The glass on the top of my stand will easily hold up to 300lbs. My question is are the legs on the TV solid and would it be OK to have the very tips of the legs extending 3/8th's of an inch over on each side? I have read that the legs can be reversed but Sony does not support this and I would not want the TV to be unstable and get damaged and not be able to have Sony warranty it. (Actually based on what I have read I will not consider doing this) If the general consensus is that having the legs extending beyond the edges slightly I will have to go with the 55". By the way I hate these new legs. I have a 75" Z9D and a 900E with the center mount stands and they are much more convenient and look better too. I do not want to buy a new stand or wall mount the TV. As always thanks for the help.

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
post #9938 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuatoTre View Post
How can I check from X900F that the picture is in the Dolby Vision mode? There is a HDR indicator in the picture settings but is there a way to check that it is actually Dolby Vision and not only HDR10?

Thanks!
Two things should happen if the 900F receives a Dolby Vision signal, first a “DV” logo will briefly appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen, it lasts maybe 3-5 seconds. Also, right below where you’ve seen the HDR in Picture Settings, where it would normally show your picture mode (Cinema Pro, Standard, Sports, etc), it will say Dolby Vision.
RuatoTre likes this.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #9939 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Two things should happen if the 900F receives a Dolby Vision signal, first a “DV” logo will briefly appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen, it lasts maybe 3-5 seconds. Also, right below where you’ve seen the HDR in Picture Settings, where it would normally show your picture mode (Cinema Pro, Standard, Sports, etc), it will say Dolby Vision.
Thank you for the fast reply! I will try this.
bmcleod likes this.
post #9940 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Sony ought to be ashamed of the remote they provide with their TV's. They are SO CHEAP and difficult to use they are comical. Not being backlit is inexcusable. Try using the TINY PLAY/FF/REW/Pause buttons!!! It's damn near impossible to accurately hit these button if you have man hands. No way to use the remote based on "feel" of button location. It's a POS!!!
johnfusco likes this.
post #9941 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
Sony ought to be ashamed of the remote they provide with their TV's. They are SO CHEAP and difficult to use they are comical. Not being backlit is inexcusable. Try using the TINY PLAY/FF/REW/Pause buttons!!! It's damn near impossible to accurately hit these button if you have man hands. No way to use the remote based on "feel" of button location. It's a POS!!!
Not to dog on you; I do feel your pain regarding most manufacturer remotes. But, who uses those remotes for everyday use? I literally have to blow the dust off my original Yamaha, Oppo, Sony, Dish remotes when I very infrequently use one.
For $60 or under you could pick up a Harmony that will do just about anything you need.
bmcleod likes this.
post #9942 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I have the 85X900F and am happy with everything except for the picture quality when DV or HDR is enabled. I have to max out the brightness, contrast & gamma to get the picture even close to usable. I've made sure that the enhanced HDMI setting is activated. I've seen that others are having the same issue where others are saying their picture is great. I also have a Vizio P65 & both DV & HDR look awesome. Unfortunately, they don't have an 85" TV or I would have gotten another Vizio already. I don't want to take the Sony back, but I don't know if it's worth the extra money ($1000) for the 85" to give up the picture quality for a 75" (would get a 75" Vizio Quantum X if I take this back). Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
post #9943 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So I got the OTA Oreo update a few weeks ago and I'm noticing that the motion seems off? It's hard to explain but things just don't seem as crisp in motion as they did before. It's almost like things in motion are out of focus then go back in focus when they stop moving. I did a factory reset and that didn't change anything.

Is anyone else noticing this or am I just imagining it?

My motion settings haven't changed: Smoothness 3 / Clearness 1 / Cinemotion OFF

Last edited by remark900; 11-11-2019 at 02:33 PM.
post #9944 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan1976 View Post
Good evening. I have my Sony 75" hooked up to a Denon AVR 3400. I power everything up with an older Harmony One remote with the LCD screen. When I turn everything on sometimes the TV is not recognizing the receiver and it switches the volume from my AVR to the TV. I have my TV speakers switched off so obviously I get no sound. I have to dig out the TV remote and go into the settings and go to speakers and then select "Audo Receiver" instead of "TV Speakers". Not end of the world but is definitely annoying. Anyone else having this issue? Wondering if it's an issue with the TV or an issue with the Denon.
Did you ever get this fixed? I have this exact same problem (different model Denon receiver; Harmony Hub remote). Except I don't know how to switch off the TV Speakers (where is that in the menu?) so sometimes I get no sound, and sometimes I get sound out of the surround-sound speakers, sometimes I get sound out of the TV, and sometimes I get sound out of BOTH the TV and the Surround. It's an exciting mystery to find out which one I will get when I turn the TV on. Like spinning the wheel at the carnival for a prize.

The only solution I've found is to go over to the cabinet, turn off the receiver, count to 10, then turn on the receiver. Then hope that I get the right prize on the wheel.

I'm hoping you found a solution... but if not, does anybody else have any idea how to fix this?

Last edited by Janey; 11-11-2019 at 02:05 PM.
post #9945 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan1976 View Post
Good evening. I have my Sony 75" hooked up to a Denon AVR 3400. I power everything up with an older Harmony One remote with the LCD screen. When I turn everything on sometimes the TV is not recognizing the receiver and it switches the volume from my AVR to the TV. I have my TV speakers switched off so obviously I get no sound. I have to dig out the TV remote and go into the settings and go to speakers and then select "Audo Receiver" instead of "TV Speakers". Not end of the world but is definitely annoying. Anyone else having this issue? Wondering if it's an issue with the TV or an issue with the Denon.
Did you ever get this fixed? I have this exact same problem (different model Denon receiver; Harmony Hub remote). Except I don't know how to switch off the TV Speakers (where is that in the menu?) so sometimes I get no sound, and sometimes I get sound out of the surround-sound speakers, sometimes I get sound out of the TV, and sometimes I get sound out of BOTH the TV and the Surround. It's an exciting mystery to find out which one I will get when I turn the TV on. Like spinning the wheel at the carnival for a prize.

The only solution I've found is to go over to the cabinet, turn off the receiver, count to 10, then turn on the receiver. Then hope that I get the right prize on the wheel.

I'm hoping you found a solution... but if not, does anybody else have any idea how to fix this?
First make sure you are using HDMI 3, which is the ARC output. On the tv remote, go to top menu and audio options, you'll see tv speakers or external audio, select external audio. That worked for me.
post #9946 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
First make sure you are using HDMI 3, which is the ARC output. On the tv remote, go to top menu and audio options, you'll see tv speakers or external audio, select external audio. That worked for me.
Yep I did that... same issue. Then I turned off the receiver, turned it back on again, and got sound.
post #9947 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Yep I did that... same issue. Then I turned off the receiver, turned it back on again, and got sound. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG]
Perhaps a receiver problem? Mine is an older Yamaha RX-A1010 and I had to go in and turn on ARC in settings, it was in the ARC off position. My problem was when switching to apps, such as Netflix or Prime, the audio wouldn't switch from tv. That part works now but every so often I dont get a message on the tv saying "switching to external speakers" and I have to power off and back on but that has largely gone away.
post #9948 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhek View Post
I agree 100%.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
post #9949 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Smile New 900F coupled with Sonos Playbar / Lip Sync Issues

Hi, I have the Playbar hooked into my X900F tv via the optical plug and the sonos is connected to my router via an ethernet cable. I have a set-top box for HD programs. Dialogue seems out of sync to me. I have tried adjusting the "TV Dialog Sync" audio delay in the Sonos App but it is still there. Is there something I am not doing properly? Is it possibly a Sony issue and not Sonos?
Thanks
post #9950 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2180 Post(s)
Liked: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblair View Post
Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I have the 85X900F and am happy with everything except for the picture quality when DV or HDR is enabled. I have to max out the brightness, contrast & gamma to get the picture even close to usable. I've made sure that the enhanced HDMI setting is activated. I've seen that others are having the same issue where others are saying their picture is great. I also have a Vizio P65 & both DV & HDR look awesome. Unfortunately, they don't have an 85" TV or I would have gotten another Vizio already. I don't want to take the Sony back, but I don't know if it's worth the extra money ($1000) for the 85" to give up the picture quality for a 75" (would get a 75" Vizio Quantum X if I take this back). Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Brightness defaults to max for HDR anyway. Try a factory reset
post #9951 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:

***Switching to External Speakers...Switching to TV Audio. Ah yes, welcome to the wonderful world of Sony. I don’t have an answer as I’ve had the same problem forever. Suggestion to Sony — how about a simple button on the remote to toggle between both options when the Sony input wheel stops on the wrong selection? I know...wishful thinking.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #9952 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***Switching to External Speakers...Switching to TV Audio. Ah yes, welcome to the wonderful world of Sony. I don’t have an answer as I’ve had the same problem forever. Suggestion to Sony — how about a simple button on the remote to toggle between both options when the Sony input wheel stops on the wrong selection? I know...wishful thinking.
Maybe an idea is to assign the Action Menu to one of the unused remote buttons on the Harmony Remote, and then just arrow down to the TV/External speaker option from there. I'll try it the next time that happens and see how it goes.

Also - I am wondering if when I set up the Harmony remote, if I need to have it turn on the receiver first, then put a pause in, then have it turn the TV on. I'm wondering if the TV is turning on, not finding a receiver because the receiver is still in boot up mode, and automatically switching to the TV speakers because of it.
post #9953 of 10390 Old 11-11-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Also - I am wondering if when I set up the Harmony remote, if I need to have it turn on the receiver first, then put a pause in, then have it turn the TV on. I'm wondering if the TV is turning on, not finding a receiver because the receiver is still in boot up mode, and automatically switching to the TV speakers because of it.
I doubt it, my processor is VERY slow to boot, and the Sony never changes over to TV speakers.

Edit: But I don’t use ARC / CEC

Last edited by bmcleod; 11-12-2019 at 09:42 AM.
post #9954 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by platoon2063 View Post
Not to dog on you; I do feel your pain regarding most manufacturer remotes. But, who uses those remotes for everyday use? I literally have to blow the dust off my original Yamaha, Oppo, Sony, Dish remotes when I very infrequently use one.
For $60 or under you could pick up a Harmony that will do just about anything you need.
I litterally just sold my Harmony and went back to the Sony remote. One word: battery life. OK, two words After weeks of configuring the remote (which is pain in the ass since it relies too much on the "activity" functionality), I finally started enjoying it and my battery died after a month or so. The next one too. And it doesn't really do more than the combination of the original Sony remote + HDMI CEC. Except for glowing in the dark.

And yes, the Sony remotes are unbelievably cheap, my A/V Yamaha remote is like a Bentley next to Peugeot.

PS4 Pro
post #9955 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Maybe an idea is to assign the Action Menu to one of the unused remote buttons on the Harmony Remote, and then just arrow down to the TV/External speaker option from there. I'll try it the next time that happens and see how it goes.

This is exactly what I did with my Harmony sequence to fix the issue. It really seems to be that the AVR is not ready and the TV then decides to use internal speakers.

AVR, pause 2 sec, Turn on TV

Depending on your AVR you may need longer.
Janey likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #9956 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
I litterally just sold my Harmony and went back to the Sony remote. One word: battery life. OK, two words After weeks of configuring the remote (which is pain in the ass since it relies too much on the "activity" functionality), I finally started enjoying it and my battery died after a month or so. The next one too. And it doesn't really do more than the combination of the original Sony remote + HDMI CEC. Except for glowing in the dark.

And yes, the Sony remotes are unbelievably cheap, my A/V Yamaha remote is like a Bentley next to Peugeot.
***I call Sony the "Harmony Remote Killer." I have used Harmony Remotes for the last twenty years but Sony's lack of functionality and HDMI CEC issues rendered my Harmony Elite unusable. Instead of my Sony Remote, I use my Comcast Remote to turn on the TV and my AVR. And then to turn off both with one click, albeit, I still get the random "let's turn on my AVR command" from Sony's CEC implementation. Plus - I still get the wrong speaker notification (TV Audio) and yet my external speakers do work but if I change to the TV/Input for streaming, I have to reset (toggle off/on) my AVR again to get TV Audio sound. So...when I power everything off, the very first thing I do is to turn the volume way down (-78) so when my AVR intermittently turns on, it doesn't sound like someone broke into the basement where my home theater is.

I don't think there is a solution. Nothing but workarounds due to Sony's implementation and lack of functionality of CEC with the 900F. World peace will be solved sooner.
Janey likes this.

Home Theater Setup
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
post #9957 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 21
That's weird, my 900F CEC works perfectly with my Yamaha receiver from day one, no complains whatsoever...

PS4 Pro
post #9958 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
That's weird, my 900F CEC works perfectly with my Yamaha receiver from day one, no complains whatsoever...
***That's great! There are exceptions. Maybe it's AVR related. In my case, I have a Denon. CEC has never worked properly with my AVR.
lyubohar likes this.

Home Theater Setup
post #9959 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 09:40 AM

Alright - I give - what does CEC stand for?

Also I think you might have something re: it being the AVR - mine is also a Denon.

I use the cheapest hub-based harmony (the companion - $99 at Amazon) with the CR2032 batteries and I think I've changed them once in two years. It also gets dropped about 10x a day (we have kids) and it still works. (Except for the audio thing. Which I may be on the right track to fixing.)
post #9960 of 10390 Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Alright - I give - what does CEC stand for?

Also I think you might have something re: it being the AVR - mine is also a Denon.

I use the cheapest hub-based harmony (the companion - $99 at Amazon) with the CR2032 batteries and I think I've changed them once in two years. It also gets dropped about 10x a day (we have kids) and it still works. (Except for the audio thing. Which I may be on the right track to fixing.)
Consumer Electronics Control, it’s the feature that allows one remote/device to control another, it’s also required to make ARC work properly, but you can block it. If you’re using a Harmony remote and have it programmed properly, and you’re running your sources through an AVR, then I wouldn’t be using ARC or CEC and would be sure they’re turned off on all of your devices. (unless I missed some reason you need them)
geoffrsc and Ricoflashback like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page