2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 333 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4518Likes

post #9961 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
I litterally just sold my Harmony and went back to the Sony remote. One word: battery life. OK, two words After weeks of configuring the remote (which is pain in the ass since it relies too much on the "activity" functionality), I finally started enjoying it and my battery died after a month or so. The next one too. And it doesn't really do more than the combination of the original Sony remote + HDMI CEC. Except for glowing in the dark.

And yes, the Sony remotes are unbelievably cheap, my A/V Yamaha remote is like a Bentley next to Peugeot.
I had the same problem of battery life with my great penlight I use in my wiring closet and my golf binoculars. Solved the issue by buying rechargeable batteries. Works great. Just have a substitute handy during recharging.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9962 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Can't be bothered with recharging Also, having to keep the remote pointed until it executes its commands beats the purpose for me. My Sony remote does everything perfectly, but mind you I use streaming apps directly on the TV, so I don't really have any other remote in use.

PS4 Pro
post #9963 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Can't be bothered with recharging Also, having to keep the remote pointed until it executes its commands beats the purpose for me. My Sony remote does everything perfectly, but mind you I use streaming apps directly on the TV, so I don't really have any other remote in use.
The Harmony w/Hub solves both the battery issue and having to point the remote at the receiver, the hub is what actually sends the commands. Granted the remote doesn't have a backlight.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9964 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Yes, maybe, but is much more expensive, so not justified for my use case.

PS4 Pro
post #9965 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Yes, maybe, but is much more expensive, so not justified for my use case.
Yeah, there is that. Though there can be really good sales on it. I got mine for $69.
lyubohar likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #9966 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Did you ever get this fixed? I have this exact same problem (different model Denon receiver; Harmony Hub remote). Except I don't know how to switch off the TV Speakers (where is that in the menu?) so sometimes I get no sound, and sometimes I get sound out of the surround-sound speakers, sometimes I get sound out of the TV, and sometimes I get sound out of BOTH the TV and the Surround. It's an exciting mystery to find out which one I will get when I turn the TV on. Like spinning the wheel at the carnival for a prize.

The only solution I've found is to go over to the cabinet, turn off the receiver, count to 10, then turn on the receiver. Then hope that I get the right prize on the wheel.

I'm hoping you found a solution... but if not, does anybody else have any idea how to fix this?
Nope. It seems to be hit or miss though. It's almost as if the TV is not recognizing the receiver so it kicks the TV speakers back on. I have to go back into the menu and turn the TV speakers back off. It's super frustrating but I don't know what else to do other than switch out receivers.
post #9967 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Disney+

Lots of HDR content on Disney+ with a preset for our TV's. Not sure what I think about the presets at this time. Please post best results, I found mine a little too flat and a little to washed out. Fixable though I think. I haven't had the time yet to sit and experiment.
post #9968 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
Quote:
That's weird, my 900F CEC works perfectly with my Yamaha receiver from day one, no complains whatsoever...
So does mine with a Marantz AVR.

Spoiler!
post #9969 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello everyone!

Just picked up my new Sony 85" 900F TV and all I can say is wow wow wow, holy wow!

Never owned a TV bigger than a basic Samsung 52" LCD tv so going to an 85" Sony is a MASSIVE jump for me. Super happy with the purchase and the picture is very nice on it. I've followed the rtings.com setting optimizations but I wanted to ask the experienced folks here a few things:

1. Are there any gotchas with this TV? I bit late to ask since I already purchased it and set it up. How is the overall reliability of this set and has anyone experienced any problems with the TV, software or interoperability with other "modern" AV devices? Ie AVR, apple TV 4K etc?

2. TV settings - I use this in my basement home theater that is mostly dark. Some dimly lit sconce lights on the side wall but nothing else. Screen brightness is turned to minimum as per rtings.com's setting suggestions.

3. Does this TV support dolby atmos out of the ARC? I have this TV hooked up via ARC to my Marantz Atmos AVR but I can't tell if it is an atmos signal going to the receiver. Using dolby lab's test video that I play via network connection on the TV suggests that the ARC channel does in fact output atmos encoded signals (uncompressed or compressed I wouldn't know). I've tried doing a web search with not so promising results. Even Sony themselves couldn't give me a clear answer other than them telling me "the firmware upgrades we've pushed do in fact allow atmos support". Wonderful! But why isn't it mentioned anywhere on their website (that would be a great selling feature). I have Netflix 4K service and my apple tv 4k clearly shows atmos audio on certain UHD titles yet the Netflix app built into the TV never shows ANY atmos movies.

4. I'm sure some die hard folks here have calibrated their screens to get the most out of their TVs. What calibration system do you folks suggest using and does it really make a huge difference in how it looks?
Thanks,
post #9970 of 10377 Old 11-12-2019, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Received my 75" 900F tonight, coming from 3 defective Vizio PX75s that all had serious banding issues.

Very, very disappointed that my X900f has a 3 inch area in the middle of the screen that has spots (for lack of a better word). At first I thought it was just smudge from the factory, so I used my microfiber cloth to try and buff it out, but it was indeed behind the screen. Basically, it's about 40-60 pixels that are noticeably darker than the rest. Nothing I did resolved the issue.

****. It's been 4 months of television hell, and now this.

I have the benefit of owning both a PX75 and an X900F for the time being (until Costco picks up my PX75). I will say that the Vizio produces the more stunning picture in terms of clarity, brightness, and lack of blooming. Unfortunately, they're plagued by banding. The X900F has great uniformity from what I can see but suffers from quite poor blooming issues. I would actually live with the subpar quality image and blooming over the banding because I watch hockey mostly.

Anyway. Onwards... more calls with Costco. This will be ****ing fun.
post #9971 of 10377 Old 11-13-2019, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevescivic View Post
Hello everyone!

Just picked up my new Sony 85" 900F TV and all I can say is wow wow wow, holy wow!

Never owned a TV bigger than a basic Samsung 52" LCD tv so going to an 85" Sony is a MASSIVE jump for me. Super happy with the purchase and the picture is very nice on it. I've followed the rtings.com setting optimizations but I wanted to ask the experienced folks here a few things:

1. Are there any gotchas with this TV? I bit late to ask since I already purchased it and set it up. How is the overall reliability of this set and has anyone experienced any problems with the TV, software or interoperability with other "modern" AV devices? Ie AVR, apple TV 4K etc?

2. TV settings - I use this in my basement home theater that is mostly dark. Some dimly lit sconce lights on the side wall but nothing else. Screen brightness is turned to minimum as per rtings.com's setting suggestions. ***I'm not a big fan of the RTINGS settings. Too dull and lifeless for me. There is a large spreadsheet available with multiple settings options. I defer to another poster to provide the link. (Wouldn't it be nice to have a button feature on this thread to go right to the spreadsheet settings?)

3. Does this TV support dolby atmos out of the ARC? I have this TV hooked up via ARC to my Marantz Atmos AVR but I can't tell if it is an atmos signal going to the receiver. Using dolby lab's test video that I play via network connection on the TV suggests that the ARC channel does in fact output atmos encoded signals (uncompressed or compressed I wouldn't know). I've tried doing a web search with not so promising results. Even Sony themselves couldn't give me a clear answer other than them telling me "the firmware upgrades we've pushed do in fact allow atmos support". Wonderful! But why isn't it mentioned anywhere on their website (that would be a great selling feature). I have Netflix 4K service and my apple tv 4k clearly shows atmos audio on certain UHD titles yet the Netflix app built into the TV never shows ANY atmos movies. ***Yes, via ARC & DD+ (Dolby Atmos compressed) I know it's available via the standard apps (built-in) and I'm not sure how well the Apple 4K works with Dolby Atmos + DD+ Atmos. With Netflix, it's a ride along with many titles. Some on Amazon Prime, as well.

4. I'm sure some die hard folks here have calibrated their screens to get the most out of their TVs. What calibration system do you folks suggest using and does it really make a huge difference in how it looks?
Thanks,
***You'll get different opinions on whether you should calibrate or not. Personally - - I believe you can get a fantastic picture, out of the box, with some tweaking to the settings and your personal preference. If you do calibrate, find a qualified calibrator and make sure that any new "firmware" upgrades do not mess with the calibration.

***See answers above in red EXCEPT for #1 . Any "Gotchas?" Yeah, it gotcha watching a lot of TV on that big 900F beast!

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #9972 of 10377 Old 11-13-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***I call Sony the "Harmony Remote Killer." I have used Harmony Remotes for the last twenty years but Sony's lack of functionality and HDMI CEC issues rendered my Harmony Elite unusable. Instead of my Sony Remote, I use my Comcast Remote to turn on the TV and my AVR. And then to turn off both with one click, albeit, I still get the random "let's turn on my AVR command" from Sony's CEC implementation. Plus - I still get the wrong speaker notification (TV Audio) and yet my external speakers do work but if I change to the TV/Input for streaming, I have to reset (toggle off/on) my AVR again to get TV Audio sound. So...when I power everything off, the very first thing I do is to turn the volume way down (-78) so when my AVR intermittently turns on, it doesn't sound like someone broke into the basement where my home theater is.

I don't think there is a solution. Nothing but workarounds due to Sony's implementation and lack of functionality of CEC with the 900F. World peace will be solved sooner.
I have the Logitec harmony elite, and the darn tv keeps loosing the connection with the remote. I have to delete it and re-setup like monthly. I have never been able to find a fix for this. SOOOO annoying. It works great for a few weeks then *pooF* will not respond. This is with respect to IP control....

Sony XBR 85 900F
Sony STR DN1080
TI 85 Calculator with Snake
post #9973 of 10377 Old 11-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
I have the Logitec harmony elite, and the darn tv keeps loosing the connection with the remote. I have to delete it and re-setup like monthly. I have never been able to find a fix for this. SOOOO annoying. It works great for a few weeks then *pooF* will not respond. This is with respect to IP control....
try using the phone app when this happens. It will say it can't connect then ask for a code. just enter anything and then it all works again. Yes annoying but easier than deleting and re-setup.
bmcleod and Michael Carton like this.
post #9974 of 10377 Old 11-13-2019, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2179 Post(s)
Liked: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Received my 75" 900F tonight, coming from 3 defective Vizio PX75s that all had serious banding issues.

Very, very disappointed that my X900f has a 3 inch area in the middle of the screen that has spots (for lack of a better word). At first I thought it was just smudge from the factory, so I used my microfiber cloth to try and buff it out, but it was indeed behind the screen. Basically, it's about 40-60 pixels that are noticeably darker than the rest. Nothing I did resolved the issue.

I have the benefit of owning both a PX75 and an X900F for the time being (until Costco picks up my PX75). I will say that the Vizio produces the more stunning picture in terms of clarity, brightness, and lack of blooming. Unfortunately, they're plagued by banding. The X900F has great uniformity from what I can see but suffers from quite poor blooming issues. I would actually live with the subpar quality image and blooming over the banding because I watch hockey mostly.

Proof that the big name brands are not immune to QC issues.....
post #9975 of 10377 Old 11-13-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post

***Sorry to hear you got a bum set. It happens. What's interesting to me is that the Vizio PX75-G1 "Specs" (I assume the same TV and listed below) have this model as a "Full Array LED." That should lessen the probability of banding as opposed to an "Edge Lit" LCD set.

This tells me that the processing (upscaling & motion handling) and dimming capabilities are extremely important in minimizing or eliminating banding - - the number one "picture killer," IMHO. And it's not necessarily how many "dimming zones" you have - - it's the technology behind how it is implemented.

I watch a ton of hockey from multiple sources on my Sony 75" 900F and Sony 49" 900E. Cable, OTA, Streaming - - they all look fantastic with no banding and superb motion handling to follow the puck. Costco is a very reputable company. They've handled returns of mine in the past with no hassle. One of the reasons I wanted to go with a Sony Authorized Dealer is that they delivered and setup the TV without me having to lug the sucker down my basement. Back when I bought - - credit cards were providing "low price" guarantees. Not anymore - - at least from what I can see.

**Let us know how the return process went and how the new TV is working out for hockey.

VIZIO PX75-G1 Key Specs
  • Class Size75"
  • Screen Size (Diag.)74.50" / 1892.30 mm
  • Smart PlatformVIZIO SmartCast™ with Chromecast built-in
  • High Dynamic RangeDolby Vision, HDR10, HLG
  • Wide Color GamutQuantum Color Spectrum
  • ResolutionUltra HD - 3840 x 2160
  • UHD Upscale Engine - Spatial Scaling Engine
  • Display Processor - Octa-Core Processor
  • Backlight Type - Full Array LED
  • Cinemawide® Black Bar DetectionYes
  • Local Dimming Zones - Yes with Active LED Zones® x480
  • Clear Action™960
  • Built-in Wi-Fi802.11ac Dual Band
  • UHD Codec SupportVP9 and HEVC (H.265)

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #9976 of 10377 Old 11-13-2019, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Hello guys and gals, I'm a new owner as of today. Picked up the 65" to replace a Samsung 67a750 DLP that I did not want to take apart for the 2nd time.

My 900F has dark corners (which I don't notice when I watch something) but the uniformity is good otherwise. Thought it was dumb that I had to enable "4k enhanced" in order to make my Xbox One X fully 4k compliant. Don't understand why this isn't enabled by default.

Last edited by Rakesh.S; 11-13-2019 at 10:33 PM.
post #9977 of 10377 Old 11-14-2019, 08:49 AM

Hey Gang, I was fiddling with our 85” TV last night and decided to run a pixel test screen and I discovered that there is a dead green pixel towards the right edge of the TV. I’m not sure how big an individual pixel should be in a 4k tv but it looks like a piece of dirt on the screen that is black when the solid green screen is up. I can see the dead pixel even when I sitting on the sofa that is 10 feet away so that seems like more than one dead pixel. How many of you here have dead pixels on the screen? The TV is literally two weeks old. I have left a message with the store to see what they can do about it. Not sure if I should demand a replacement since it’s only two weeks old or if I should propose a cash discount on the TV. Under normal viewing circumstances it is perfectly fine. Who stares at color screens anyways? My OCD bothers me and I want to know what others have experienced and how they went about resolving it.

Thoughts?
post #9978 of 10377 Old 11-14-2019, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up the LG C9 65" last night and I'm feeling like I should have gone with the 75X900F. I sit about 8 feet away and watch mostly youtubetv, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Bluray's. The picture is fantastic but 80% of the time there are some lights on in the room and the youtubetv programming we watch does not seem to have the best feed. I think that the larger screen would have been better even sacrificing picture and the improved OS.

Is there any drawback to using a Roku Ultra instead of the 900F televisions OS? This is what I have been using on the old Sony 50" XBR from 2006 which is what I am replacing.
post #9979 of 10377 Old 11-14-2019, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Liked: 6844
Quote:
Hey Gang, I was fiddling with our 85” TV last night and decided to run a pixel test screen and I discovered that there is a dead green pixel towards the right edge of the TV. I’m not sure how big an individual pixel should be in a 4k tv but it looks like a piece of dirt on the screen that is black when the solid green screen is up. I can see the dead pixel even when I sitting on the sofa that is 10 feet away so that seems like more than one dead pixel. How many of you here have dead pixels on the screen? The TV is literally two weeks old. I have left a message with the store to see what they can do about it. Not sure if I should demand a replacement since it’s only two weeks old or if I should propose a cash discount on the TV. Under normal viewing circumstances it is perfectly fine. Who stares at color screens anyways? My OCD bothers me and I want to know what others have experienced and how they went about resolving it.

Thoughts?
See that, you should have never looked as you never noticed it........ If you want to fix it, and Sony was game as one dead pixel is case by case as far as being covered, the screen has to be replaced...... If you can not see it in regular content leave it alone......
CaptinCrunch and bmcleod like this.
post #9980 of 10377 Old 11-14-2019, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post
Hello guys and gals, I'm a new owner as of today. Picked up the 65" to replace a Samsung 67a750 DLP that I did not want to take apart for the 2nd time.

My 900F has dark corners (which I don't notice when I watch something) but the uniformity is good otherwise. Thought it was dumb that I had to enable "4k enhanced" in order to make my Xbox One X fully 4k compliant. Don't understand why this isn't enabled by default.
My 85"er had dark corners so I returned it for a replacement. They weren't bad but I kept finding my eyes going back to them. They replacement was frre from this defect. I suggest getting your replaced.

Jack
post #9981 of 10377 Old 11-14-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Quote:
Hey Gang, I was fiddling with our 85” TV last night and decided to run a pixel test screen and I discovered that there is a dead green pixel towards the right edge of the TV. I’️m not sure how big an individual pixel should be in a 4k tv but it looks like a piece of dirt on the screen that is black when the solid green screen is up. I can see the dead pixel even when I sitting on the sofa that is 10 feet away so that seems like more than one dead pixel. How many of you here have dead pixels on the screen? The TV is literally two weeks old. I have left a message with the store to see what they can do about it. Not sure if I should demand a replacement since it’️s only two weeks old or if I should propose a cash discount on the TV. Under normal viewing circumstances it is perfectly fine. Who stares at color screens anyways? My OCD bothers me and I want to know what others have experienced and how they went about resolving it.

Thoughts?
See that, you should have never looked as you never noticed it........ If you want to fix it, and Sony was game as one dead pixel is case by case as far as being covered, the screen has to be replaced...... If you can not see it in regular content leave it alone......
Yeah I shouldn’t have looked but I was curious and in the end I found two pixels that were partially failed. The pixel on the right edge doesn’t show green and the one on the left edge doesn’t show blue. The store offered me a new 85” TV and I was going to get it but convinced myself that two partial pixel failures is hardly bad. I have a relative that also bought 3 900F TVs (75” x 2 and 65” x 1) and he has 2 completely dead pixels on each of his TVs so it shows that there likely isn’t a panel that has all pixels working perfectly. I opted to just leave well alone and enjoy my beast. Hoping I made the right decision.
post #9982 of 10377 Old 11-14-2019, 10:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
My 85"er had dark corners so I returned it for a replacement. They weren't bad but I kept finding my eyes going back to them. They replacement was frre from this defect. I suggest getting your replaced.
I'll keep an eye on it (no pun intended), but for now, I don't notice it at all. I'm just excited about this set, coming from 10 year old DLP. The Sony does such a good job of upconverting and cleaning up artifact-ridden cable tv. It honestly takes me back to when HD first started; bitrates were high and channels actually looked good.

Watched an episode of Man in the High Castle Season 4 tonight, UHD + HDR. It looked incredible. I'm tempted to get rid of my 1080p projector upstairs and wall-mount a 4k 85".
post #9983 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPannyMan View Post
I've had my 85' 900F for about a week and a half and the picture is great as long as what your watching doesn't move much, lol. My problem that I've noticed is that when for instance I was watching water flowing through a stream in a nature film you can see portions where it gets blurry and sort of momentarily seems to freeze as it's flowing along. Or I was watching the Amazon series Goliath and they had a panoramic shot of LA and as the camera slowly swung to the left and started to pan in it seemed to stutter along and sections would appear a little blurry, but once it stopped at the house it was panning to everything is crystal clear and gorgeous. Now I'm coming from a Panasonic 65' ZT60 which still works perfectly and has never stuttered at all. So is there some setting I need to enable or disable or do I have a problem with my set or is this how these TV's are, in which case I think it's really a POS, j/k lol.
I'm guessing the lack of responses means that the motion problems I'm seeing with this set are just the nature of the beast, which is a real bummer cause I like everything else about it but the stuttering motion.
post #9984 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I can't believe Netflix doesn't play in 4K when Bluetooth headphones are connected. Anyone find a workaround?
post #9985 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1825 Post(s)
Liked: 1167
Quote:
I'm guessing the lack of responses means that the motion problems I'm seeing with this set are just the nature of the beast, which is a real bummer cause I like everything else about it but the stuttering motion.
I haven't seen those things, maybe try adjusting your Motion options under Advanced Settings. Or you might have a defective set. Blurring also could be poor source material.
post #9986 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can anybody recommend a wall mount they were happy with? I was looking towards a low profile but the pickings are slim on amazon for a 85 inch capable low profile mount.
post #9987 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 03:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat_Thins View Post
Can anybody recommend a wall mount they were happy with? I was looking towards a low profile but the pickings are slim on amazon for a 85 inch capable low profile mount.
I used a Sanus large advanced tilt mount, model #BLT2-B1 for my 85X900F, Best Buy had it for $119.99 a couple weeks ago. Its about as low profile as you can get.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-p...?skuId=5463301
PlanetAVS and Ken McPherson like this.
post #9988 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat_Thins View Post
Walmart sells one for someplace in the $20-$30 range. Works for my 85"er.

Jack
post #9989 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:

That’s normal because of the fast pixel response time on certain content. To alleviate it you can set motionflow to custom and set smoothness to your desired preference and clearness as well if desired.

There will be some stutter with it off depending on the source. Also something I noticed was some apps on TV make it worse than it would normally be. I use an Apple TV 4K to have a consistent experience streaming content. Netflix was fine on android except for certain documentary type content which definitely needed some smoothness added for pans.

I’ve had my 75” well over a year and am happy with it. Like others I have darker corners which aren’t noticeable while watching and some dead pixels that can’t be seen from 6-7+ feet away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
naustin likes this.
post #9990 of 10377 Old 11-15-2019, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 72
2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
I used a Sanus large advanced tilt mount, model #BLT2-B1 for my 85X900F, Best Buy had it for $119.99 a couple weeks ago. Its about as low profile as you can get.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sanus-p...?skuId=5463301

Full motion one by same company. Happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page