2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 342 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4653Likes

post #10231 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Only way I can get hdr to look right is setting live color to max and toning down the color to around 40-44. This is only with custom setting also. I cant get the picture any brighter in cinema home/pro. Also, won’t work with Dolby vision at all brightness does not change with live color in vision. The only problem with this is It switches back when the video stops playing and the color is way too saturated because of live color so I have to go in and turn it off and up the color back to around 50. Anybody else notice this in their hdr? This was on a shield 2019. Dolby vision turned off and display settings set to hdr10 10 bit 2020.
Basically makes my appletv 4k worthless in anything but sdr too. Since I can’t select just hdr and there is a ton of content in Dolby vision on Netflix and Disney. But still having to go into settings and turn up live color and down color every time I play hdr isn’t going to work in my eyes. I’m not changing it back all the time and using live color is the only way the picture is bright enough for me to actually like.
There’s a chat in the 950 tvratings review that states this also.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussion...l-review-notes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6C7D50A8-80F8-4F72-8D54-3F3018B781D3.png
Views:	39
Size:	950.3 KB
ID:	2646652  

Last edited by x-evil-x; 11-28-2019 at 05:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10232 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Question about the OTA updates:

I am still on 7.0 with my tv. There have been several updates to the Android TV OS since I purchased mine (most recent update become available yesterday) yet my TV always states "Your software is up-to-date" message when checking for updates. My TV is connected to the internet with LAN cable which goes to a hub. All my Google Play store updates work fine, Netflix etc works just fine, but NO update to the TV OS itself.

Yes, I have read that it could take months to land on the TV... Due to my physical TV installation (partly sinked to the wall), I can not easily access the USB ports behind the telly.

Therefore:

1) can you confirm the OTA UPDATE process / method is working in general?
2) should I try to get the update by activating and using my telly via WLAN?
3) is there any way to start the update process by transferring a update file to the telly via 3rd party filemanager?

Just FYI: I have asked this (= no update available) from SONY support and they only state either a) wait or b) use USB update method.

FRUSTRATED!

//t
post #10233 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyatt5871 View Post
It's on the 900F. Even if you are using internal apps, always leave the HDR Mode to 'Auto'
After reading all this about HDR, I went into the HDR settings of my 75 inch 900F and it was set to auto. I changed it to HDR and the faces of people on shows like Fox News became all red. Went back to auto and it was back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10234 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 06:44 AM

Which one do you guys like more? I still think sdr and infuse looks better than hdr10
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B713FC71-E677-43C6-BFBA-BB61F0AF87A1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	2646664  
johnfusco likes this.
post #10235 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
Which one do you guys like more? I still think sdr and infuse looks better than hdr10

In this case, I think I like the SDR better, but it varies by the content. I've switched back and forth on some of my UHD films to see which one I prefer, and 90% of the time, I like the HDR image more. I use an external device, and do not use Dolby Vision.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #10236 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
In this case, I think I like the SDR better, but it varies by the content. I've switched back and forth on some of my UHD films to see which one I prefer, and 90% of the time, I like the HDR image more. I use an external device, and do not use Dolby Vision.
Don’t have a dv player or just don’t get a good picture with dv?
post #10237 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Which to use as master? XBR49X900F or AV receiver?

I'm not sure what forum to put this in. I just purchased a Sony XBR49X900F to replace an older LG. I have a surround sound system set up with a Pioneer VSX-1021K AV receiver, Xfinity X1 cable box, and a PS3.

Currently, all sources go into the AV receiver and it is used to switch inputs to the TV. We use the cable box remote to control almost everything. Most of the time, we are watching cable TV or movies, so we only have to use the cable box remote. It can turn on the receiver, TV and cable box with one button. As long as the cable box remains the source input, that's all we need. However, if we want to watch a DVD, Bluray, or play video games, we have to use two other remotes: the receiver remote to switch input to the PS3 and the PS3 remote to control its video player.

The new Sony TV has a nice remote and supposely has the ability to control the cable box via infrared. I believe the cable box remote uses RF, not infrared, but reportedly can be switched to IR. If I put all the video sources into the TV instead of the receiver, then wire the audio output to the receiver, I think I would be able to control everything with the nice Sony remote. However, I don't think the Sony remote can turn on the cable box or receiver, so it would require using 3 remotes every time I turn the system on or off.

Any suggestions or ideas?
post #10238 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7023 Post(s)
Liked: 7046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozz View Post
I'm going to wall mount this one.
What is the general rule when it comes to how high to mount it? I know this can be personal preference, but is there a rule of thumb on this?
I go 40" from the floor top bottom of TV, that way the TV is out of harms way .......
post #10239 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Schriver View Post
This or the Samsung Q70?
This. Q80 is more of a valid argument, but honestly, outside of OLED or the Samsung Q90, I would choose this TV over all or the 950G but thats 400 more with slightly worse contrast therefore not worth it IMO.
post #10240 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2255 Post(s)
Liked: 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsuominen View Post
Question about the OTA updates:

I am still on 7.0 with my tv. There have been several updates to the Android TV OS since I purchased mine (most recent update become available yesterday) yet my TV always states "Your software is up-to-date" message when checking for updates. My TV is connected to the internet with LAN cable which goes to a hub. All my Google Play store updates work fine, Netflix etc works just fine, but NO update to the TV OS itself.

Yes, I have read that it could take months to land on the TV... Due to my physical TV installation (partly sinked to the wall), I can not easily access the USB ports behind the telly.

Therefore:

1) can you confirm the OTA UPDATE process / method is working in general?
2) should I try to get the update by activating and using my telly via WLAN?
3) is there any way to start the update process by transferring a update file to the telly via 3rd party filemanager?

Just FYI: I have asked this (= no update available) from SONY support and they only state either a) wait or b) use USB update method.

FRUSTRATED!

//t
Do you have auto download enabled in the settings? It needs to be enabled in order for OTA updates to be applied.

Your tv should have been updated from 7.0 months ago. There have been several updates since 7.0. Its not a matter of the update not being rolled out to your location.
post #10241 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Chroma 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0

Hello all. I read a ton of posts in this thread today. I am the proud new owner of a XBR75X900F.

My setup is as follows:

I have a HTPC that has an i5 2.8 Ghz processor with a Soundblaster Fatal1ty sound-card and a Nvidia GTX960 video card. I have had this setup for many years and have had it connected to my last Sony 55HX800 TV.

I was quite surprised the Nvidia will output 4K resolution at 4:2:0.

I have tried to output 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 but I get the following artifacts on the TV. Is this video card related or TV related? I would suspect it is Video card related. I have just purchased a HDMI 2.0 cable and it is the same. Sorry for the orientation of the photos.

Am I missing anything continuing to use 4:2:0? I do not use the TV for gaming, just TV and general computer work like surfing and spreadsheets.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0763.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	519.7 KB
ID:	2647054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	2647056  
post #10242 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 165
2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabman416 View Post
Hello all. I read a ton of posts in this thread today. I am the proud new owner of a XBR75X900F.

My setup is as follows:

I have a HTPC that has an i5 2.8 Ghz processor with a Soundblaster Fatal1ty sound-card and a Nvidia GTX960 video card. I have had this setup for many years and have had it connected to my last Sony 55HX800 TV.

I have tried to output 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 but I get the following artifacts on the TV. Is this video card related or TV related? I would suspect it is Video card related. I have just purchased a HDMI 2.0 cable and it is the same. Sorry for the orientation of the photos.

Am I missing anything continuing to use 4:2:0? I do not use the TV for gaming, just TV and general computer work like surfing and spreadsheets.

I don’t believe the 960 supports HDR at anything beyond 4:2:0 which would be your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10243 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
Don’t have a dv player or just don’t get a good picture with dv?

I can stream DV but choose not to. Dolby Vision is hit or miss with me. Some movies look good and others don't, so I just stick with HDR10 using my Xbox One X. I can confirm that DV does look better on the Vizio P (2018 model) and the TCL R615 than on the X900F. There's a lot of talk about the dimness of DV on here. It honestly doesn't bother me though, because overall, I don't see a huge difference between HDR10 and DV. A lot of professional reviewers say the same about the two technologies. I know some people are fine with DV on this TV, and that's fine. It's just not for me.
x-evil-x likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #10244 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can stream DV but choose not to. Dolby Vision is hit or miss with me. Some movies look good and others don't, so I just stick with HDR10 using my Xbox One X. I can confirm that DV does look better on the Vizio P (2018 model) and the TCL R615 than on the X900F. There's a lot of talk about the dimness of DV on here. It honestly doesn't bother me though, because overall, I don't see a huge difference between HDR10 and DV. A lot of professional reviewers say the same about the two technologies. I know some people are fine with DV on this TV, and that's fine. It's just not for me.

My X900F and R615/617 looks the same for DV and HDR10. I use HDR Dark though as recommended for movies on the TCL which could be why. There’s 2 other profiles which increase the brightness at the expense of blowing out colors and making it look washed out to me at least.

I think the issue here is that Sony just gives us one profile and that’s for accuracy and that’s it when others simply prefer it to be brighter overall at the expense of color accuracy and shadow details where as the TCL and other manufacturers allow users to artificially increase the overall brightness of the image at the expense of dynamic range. This must be where the misconception that there’s actually a problem with DV on this TV stems from.

Personally I enjoy the large dynamic range DV provides and only watch movies or content like that in dim or no light conditions. I do get it though that there are those that would prefer it to look the way they want it to at the expense of other picture quality elements that it provides. I don’t see why Sony can’t give those people alternative modes or the option to disable DV though.

I will stand by when I recommend to others that I know that DV looks fantastic on this set as well as my TCL. If they want accuracy I tell them just grab the Sony and if they want to customize HDR/DV to make it artificially brighter to just buy the newer model or try the TCL.

mhyatt5871 likes this.
post #10245 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
My X900F and R615/617 looks the same for DV and HDR10. I use HDR Dark though as recommended for movies on the TCL which could be why. There’s 2 other profiles which increase the brightness at the expense of blowing out colors and making it look washed out to me at least.

I think the issue here is that Sony just gives us one profile and that’s for accuracy and that’s it when others simply prefer it to be brighter overall at the expense of color accuracy and shadow details where as the TCL and other manufacturers allow users to artificially increase the overall brightness of the image at the expense of dynamic range. This must be where the misconception that there’s actually a problem with DV on this TV stems from.

Personally I enjoy the large dynamic range DV provides and only watch movies or content like that in dim or no light conditions. I do get it though that there are those that would prefer it to look the way they want it to at the expense of other picture quality elements that it provides. I don’t see why Sony can’t give those people alternative modes or the option to disable DV though.

I will stand by when I recommend to others that I know that DV looks fantastic on this set as well as my TCL. If they want accuracy I tell them just grab the Sony and if they want to customize HDR/DV to make it artificially brighter to just buy the newer model or try the TCL.

I agree that the HDR Dark setting looks best for the TCL. In my experience with the X900F, DV completely crushed dark scene details in Stranger Things seasons 2 and 3 to the point that it looked as though I had turned the TV's brightness setting all the way down. It only did this in night time scenes, but it was bad enough that I had to switch back to HDR10. Also, when I watched Ender's Game for the first time, I watched in DV on the X900F. I thought it looked really great. Out of curiosity, I checked out some scenes again in HDR10, and realized that DV was blacking out a lot of background details on the ship in the final battle near the end of the film. It was very interesting to see the difference.
acphydro likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #10246 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I agree that the HDR Dark setting looks best for the TCL. In my experience with the X900F, DV completely crushed dark scene details in Stranger Things seasons 2 and 3 to the point that it looked as though I had turned the TV's brightness setting all the way down. It only did this in night time scenes, but it was bad enough that I had to switch back to HDR10. Also, when I watched Ender's Game for the first time, I watched in DV on the X900F. I thought it looked really great. Out of curiosity, I checked out some scenes again in HDR10, and realized that DV was blacking out a lot of background details on the ship in the final battle near the end of the film. It was very interesting to see the difference.

It’s possible that Netflix and other services are forcing DV on things that were created for HDR10 or they are simply wrapping things up in DV that weren’t mastered that way. HDR10 has a lower theoretical range so it makes sense for content designed for it to crush in DV. I can’t confirm because I don’t care enough to actually look up what specific shows are mastered how or why. I just watch. I can’t tell a difference watching one thing in DV on my 900F vs watching same thing on my TCL. I have a relative with a 2018 P series and looks the same to me as both of mine.

Out of curiosity did you happen to run that comparison test on your TCL? I’m betting you’d get similar results which tells us it’s simply the content at hand.

Personally I feel like DV doesn’t even need to exist and content creators should’ve just stuck to HDR10 instead of trying to create different HDR types and that Sony and all other manufacturers should allow us to disable one format or another. I don’t think our TVs are ready for DV. They simply don’t get bright enough overall. This is what happens when they try to force new things on us just because of marketing and trying to get a sale. We get a mixture of content designed for one thing and displayed in another format outside of its original intent.

I have no problems watching any of the formats but some content just isn’t well designed for HDR or DV. Dolby always has to stick their hands into everything.

post #10247 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

My setup is as follows:

Do you have certified high speed hdmi cables? And all movies and tv content are mastered in 4:2:0, so I don't feel the need to switch it because it's of no benefit for these media.
post #10248 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
It’s possible that Netflix and other services are forcing DV on things that were created for HDR10 or they are simply wrapping things up in DV that weren’t mastered that way. HDR10 has a lower theoretical range so it makes sense for content designed for it to crush in DV. I can’t confirm because I don’t care enough to actually look up what specific shows are mastered how or why. I just watch. I can’t tell a difference watching one thing in DV on my 900F vs watching same thing on my TCL. I have a relative with a 2018 P series and looks the same to me as both of mine.

Out of curiosity did you happen to run that comparison test on your TCL? I’m betting you’d get similar results which tells us it’s simply the content at hand.

Personally I feel like DV doesn’t even need to exist and content creators should’ve just stuck to HDR10 instead of trying to create different HDR types and that Sony and all other manufacturers should allow us to disable one format or another. I don’t think our TVs are ready for DV. They simply don’t get bright enough overall. This is what happens when they try to force new things on us just because of marketing and trying to get a sale. We get a mixture of content designed for one thing and displayed in another format outside of its original intent.

I have no problems watching any of the formats but some content just isn’t well designed for HDR or DV. Dolby always has to stick their hands into everything.

I didn't do a direct scene for scene comparison on the TCL, but I suppose I should. I only had the TCL for a short time as my living room TV and ended up returning it because I wasn't satisfied with the motion. The 65" X900F is my living room TV now, but I just bought a 55" R615 at Best Buy for $400 for a spare game room. I'll compare the two directly when I get it all set up.
acphydro likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #10249 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I didn't do a direct scene for scene comparison on the TCL, but I suppose I should. I only had the TCL for a short time as my living room TV and ended up returning it because I wasn't satisfied with the motion. The 65" X900F is my living room TV now, but I just bought a 55" R615 at Best Buy for $400 for a spare game room. I'll compare the two directly when I get it all set up.

I’d look forward to reading your results. I have the 75” X900F in my living room and the 55” 617 in my master bedroom. I like some things about it better than the Sony and vice versa.

I think they look very very similar overall and I enjoy watching stuff on either. Sony definitely has the edge in motion but I believe the TCL is better in a dark room.

post #10250 of 10880 Old 11-28-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I’d look forward to reading your results. I have the 75” X900F in my living room and the 55” 617 in my master bedroom. I like some things about it better than the Sony and vice versa.

I think they look very very similar overall and I enjoy watching stuff on either. Sony definitely has the edge in motion but I believe the TCL is better in a dark room.

From what I remember about the TCL, I completely agree. I love the motion on the X900F, but the TCL seemed to have better control over blooming. I think both are great TVs in different ways.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #10251 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Do you have auto download enabled in the settings? It needs to be enabled in order for OTA updates to be applied.

Your tv should have been updated from 7.0 months ago. There have been several updates since 7.0. Its not a matter of the update not being rolled out to your location.

Yes, I have put "auto download" back on a few weeks back. Even with "Check update available" it shows no updates available...

There has been some talks in various channels that the SONY update is "broken" somehow, but I have seen reports that ppl have received those too.

Also I have understood that the updates roll-out regionally so perhaps Finland is just _very bottom_ on that list...

So, still awaiting...
post #10252 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Regarding Post 10220:

This was posted by someone in the Disney+ Thread:

I am sorry, but as much as this channel tries to be tech savvy he presents some things as fact that are just not true. Around the 6:00 minute mark he says that if a television receives an HDR flag it will switch the backlight to full brightness (you'll see the brightness number switched to 100 in the menu). He goes on to say that if the video only goes to 200 nit then it is wasting power and running the backlight at maximum power. He uses an LED LCD for example. He is correct that the menu will say 100, but this is not the amount of power it is actually using. His claim that the backlight runs at full power is false for pretty much every HDR television. Any display that has dimming control over the backlight is analyzing the picture content and adjusting the backlight as needed. The same algorithm that performs dimming to improve shadow detail and black levels will also adjust for peak white. Unless you are buying some super cheap off-brand televisions, the power usage from switching to HDR is a non-issue. Other technologies like OLED that are emissive by their very nature only generate as much light as is necessary. So his claim just holds zero water here.

His argument behind adjusting the television settings in HDR is also flawed. HDR isn't supposed to be brighter than SDR across the entire picture. It's primarily for the highlights and outdoor scenes. If he wants to reach for the brightness control in HDR because he is viewing in a bright living room, then that is not just for 200 nits peak content. That is applicable to HDR across the board whatever its peak is. I personally agree with him that owners should be allowed to adjust the picture settings in HDR to their taste, but they also need to understand that if they are raising the overall picture brightness then that will eat into and reduce the headroom for HDR highlight detail.

http://www.framecompare.com/image-co...ison/JE0FMNNU#

http://www.framecompare.com/image-co...rison/DGWKGNNX

Last edited by LeeSoFl; 11-29-2019 at 05:41 AM.
post #10253 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
Quote:
I have just purchased a HDMI 2.0 cable and it is the same.
Do you have certified high speed hdmi cables? And all movies and tv content are mastered in 4:2:0, so I don't feel the need to switch it because it's of no benefit for these media.
I believe so. It’s rated at 18Gbs, so they say.
post #10254 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Intermittent Problem?

Normally, the set is turned on at the same time as the Direct TV box with the DTV remote. It then goes to the DTV connecting screen and then the program comes on.
Sometimes, when I do this, the tv goes into a different mode whereby the Android screen comes on and then you start seeing those colorful wheels spinning.
After a minute or two, it then goes to the normal screen with a program playing. I have no idea why it does this. Anyone?
post #10255 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
Normally, the set is turned on at the same time as the Direct TV box with the DTV remote. It then goes to the DTV connecting screen and then the program comes on.
Sometimes, when I do this, the tv goes into a different mode whereby the Android screen comes on and then you start seeing those colorful wheels spinning.
After a minute or two, it then goes to the normal screen with a program playing. I have no idea why it does this. Anyone?
If the colorful balls are spinning, your set is doing a full restart.

It shouldn't need to do that unless the program crashes or you select a (power button) soft restart.
post #10256 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I don’️t believe the 960 supports HDR at anything beyond 4:2:0 which would be your issue.

That what was I was thinking. Guess I should be happy it does 4K.

Thanks
post #10257 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hey guys just a heads up...the Roku 4k HDR sticks are half price (wireless and wired) right now.
To my eyes, the HDR looks brighter/better than Dolby Vision on our sets and the interface for Roku is much faster than the sometimes laggy
Android 8.0 on our sets. The Roku remotes are great too, you can control volume and mute really easily and it also has voice control.
Its less than half of the size of the sony remote too.
post #10258 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Another new X900F owner here! Looking forward to following this thread and learning more about this amazing TV.
mhyatt5871 likes this.
post #10259 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Another new X900F owner here! Looking forward to following this thread and learning more about this amazing TV.

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it. Plenty of people post their settings here as well: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...gs-thread.html

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
post #10260 of 10880 Old 11-29-2019, 11:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1567 Post(s)
Liked: 377
A few posts back someone mentioned that you should make sure that your 900F was set to Enhanced Input. I was surprised to find that mine was set to Standard. So I changed mine to Enhanced and now everything looks like HDR and much of the material is over saturated or just has a strange colorful look to it. So I set it back to Standard but nothing changed. So I'm thinking there is a bug in the software or there might have benn another setting that I had changed when I went to Enhanced and I have to find that in order to get back to Standard. My input is Directv and Firestick 4K for Netflix and Prime Video.

Anyone have this experience?

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page