2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 344 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4515Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10291 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Senior Member
 
mhyatt5871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 View Post
Bought the 75" 900f last week. Noticed two dead pixels in upper left hand corner and am trying to decide whether to return it. I can't really see it unless I look really hard and I. Normal content I don't see it unless I remember to look.

How normal/acceptable are dead pixels nowadays with 4K sets?

It's pretty common to have a couple or so dead pixels on a 4K TV. However, unless you're sitting 12 inches from the screen, it's pretty hard to spot them. If it's a cluster of contiguous dead pixels, then yeah, that's much more noticeable and might warrant a return. My first X900F developed a cluster of about 8-10 dead pixels that formed a small bug like shape. It was noticeable while watching normal content. I called up Sony and they were able to replace it for a new one.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
mhyatt5871 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10292 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,909
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6846 Post(s)
Liked: 6842
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
if you can see them on a 4k tv id imagine tis more than 2 pixels dead. Im also curious as to what a warranty would cover if pixels where to go out. over 4 pixels in multiple spots is what I'm assuming would constitute a defect but I really don't know.
I have seen manufacturer's swap panels for 1 dead pixel. When you have more then one it is a much easier process. Stuck pixels are a whole different ball game. All handled case by case.

--In the end, both are rare thanks goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 View Post
Bought the 75" 900f last week. Noticed two dead pixels in upper left hand corner and am trying to decide whether to return it. I can't really see it unless I look really hard and I. Normal content I don't see it unless I remember to look.

How normal/acceptable are dead pixels nowadays with 4K sets?
Does not matter what anyone else thinks, just what you think......
Nicktx27 likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #10293 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
x-evil-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I have seen manufacturer's swap panels for 1 dead pixel. When you have more then one it is a much easier process. Stuck pixels are a whole different ball game. All handled case by case.

--In the end, both are rare thanks goodness.

Does not matter what anyone else thinks, just what you think......
What about pixels that go bad after the manufacture warranty of a year? If you have a warranty through say square trade or Best Buy.
x-evil-x is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10294 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nicktx27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
What about pixels that go bad after the manufacture warranty of a year? If you have a warranty through say square trade or Best Buy.
I might purchase one just to be on the safe side.
Nicktx27 is offline  
post #10295 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nicktx27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I have seen manufacturer's swap panels for 1 dead pixel. When you have more then one it is a much easier process. Stuck pixels are a whole different ball game. All handled case by case.



--In the end, both are rare thanks goodness.



Does not matter what anyone else thinks, just what you think......
How do you tell if the pixel is stuck or dead?
Nicktx27 is offline  
post #10296 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBetaGuy View Post
I thought about going bigger, but I'm space restricted due to room size and AV furniture. Hmmm ....I could knock out a wall, right?
who needs walls
Ryan Otis is offline  
post #10297 of 10365 Old 12-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My X900F no longer detects the HDR signal within the Plex app on my TV for certain files. This wasn't an issue before as these same files played in HDR previously. If I play these same exact files on my Nvidia SHIELD through the Plex app within that product, then my TV detects & plays the HDR signal, but playing said files through the TV app only gives me the SDR signal. Again, some play HDR just fine, while others won't.

To make sure it wasn't an issue with my TV itself, I did a hard reset. I then checked other apps, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Netflix, etc., etc., and my TV detected & played the HDR signal just fine. Then I deleted the plex app, reinstalled it, played the files again, and still no HDR signal. It's not the files that are the problem since they play in HDR just fine on the Nvidia SHIELD.

What else can I do? Or check? any help would be greatly appreciated.
DreMarceaux is offline  
post #10298 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 08:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone else having issues receiving Atmos on Disney+ using native app? If so, is there a solution?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cheyennebob is offline  
post #10299 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Any issues with the latest update haven’t updated yet ? Anyone have found out any problems ? Or should I wait for the next one

Thanks !
Max4swag is offline  
post #10300 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bodean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max4swag View Post
Any issues with the latest update haven’t updated yet ? Anyone have found out any problems ? Or should I wait for the next one



Thanks !


No.
Update has been out a few months now, it’s matured, update away!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
bodean is offline  
post #10301 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 10:21 AM
Member
 
itsjustmeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
itsjustmeee is offline  
post #10302 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
bmcleod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California Gold Country
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
It definitely flashes the DV logo in the top right corner. I read somewhere that there was an update specifically for Netflix DV. I believe this to be true because Disney+ DV is very dim. It has major black crush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennebob View Post
Anyone else having issues receiving Atmos on Disney+ using native app? If so, is there a solution?
Here are a couple articles about Disney+, one about Atmos and one about DV/HDR. According to one well respected calibrator the DV problem may be at the source.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...tmos-problems/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...e-mandalorian/

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
bmcleod is offline  
post #10303 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
Here are a couple articles about Disney+, one about Atmos and one about DV/HDR. According to one well respected calibrator the DV problem may be at the source.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...tmos-problems/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...e-mandalorian/
Very interesting. Last night, I installed Disney+ as the TV's native app just to compare the difference with Apple TV. I could see no difference in brightness between the two. So, based on this very unscientific study, DV brightness on the Mandalorian isn't an external device issue. Both the internal app and Apple TV rendering the same image.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10304 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 11:14 AM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I'm stumped a little bit and need your help. I'm trying to get ARC to work properly. All cables are certified high speed Monoprice.

My setup:
TV: 900F
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V485
Blu-ray player: LG UBK80
Streaming box: Apple TV 4k
Cable box: Arris

All devices are hooked up to the receiver through individual HDMI ports and the receiver is hooked up to the TV using the ARC hdmi port. I disabled audio passthrough in the receiver so it plays the sound and nothing can come out of the TV speakers. I turned on CEC in the TV and the receiver to enable ARC. CEC is turned off in the Apple TV and there's no options anywhere to change CEC in the LG blu-ray player of cable box. I'm disappointed that LG doesn't have any CEC options to manipulate.

Everything works exactly as it should except for one thing: When I play a blu-ray disc, the receiver changes the sound input from the blu-ray player's HDMI port to the port the receiver uses for ARC and no sound comes out. When I manually change it back to the blu-ray HDMI port while the disc is playing, the player stops playing the disc.

Sound works as it should when playing content from the Apple TV and cable box.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or this is just the consequences of CEC and ARC?

It seems like this created some infinite sound ARC loop. Could this in any way damage my system?

Thanks in advance for your insights.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10305 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I saw that article already. They don't address the Sony TVs, only the Nvidia SHIELD. Just wondering if anyone had the problem, like I do, and found a solution.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cheyennebob is offline  
post #10306 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
I'm stumped a little bit and need your help. I'm trying to get ARC to work properly. All cables are certified high speed Monoprice.

My setup:
TV: 900F
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V485
Blu-ray player: LG UBK80
Streaming box: Apple TV 4k
Cable box: Arris

All devices are hooked up to the receiver through individual HDMI ports and the receiver is hooked up to the TV using the ARC hdmi port. I disabled audio passthrough in the receiver so it plays the sound and nothing can come out of the TV speakers. I turned on CEC in the TV and the receiver to enable ARC. CEC is turned off in the Apple TV and there's no options anywhere to change CEC in the LG blu-ray player of cable box. I'm disappointed that LG doesn't have any CEC options to manipulate.

Everything works exactly as it should except for one thing: When I play a blu-ray disc, the receiver changes the sound input from the blu-ray player's HDMI port to the port the receiver uses for ARC and no sound comes out. When I manually change it back to the blu-ray HDMI port while the disc is playing, the player stops playing the disc.

Sound works as it should when playing content from the Apple TV and cable box.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or this is just the consequences of CEC and ARC?

It seems like this created some infinite sound ARC loop. Could this in any way damage my system?

Thanks in advance for your insights.
***Quick question for you. Why wouldn't you use your HDMI connection from your Blu-ray Player to your AVR? The best audio you will get from ARC or DD+ is compressed, Dolby Atmos or Dolby Digital 5.1. You will obtain lossless or "non-compressed" audio via HDMI - - which will be better sound than from ARC. I'm not sure of your setup but I assume, at least, it's 5.1 or 7.1 speakers? Otherwise - - are there any settings on your LG Player for audio that designates "ARC?"

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is offline  
post #10307 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***Quick question for you. Why wouldn't you use your HDMI connection from your Blu-ray Player to your AVR? The best audio you will get from ARC or DD+ is compressed, Dolby Atmos or Dolby Digital 5.1. You will obtain lossless or "non-compressed" audio via HDMI - - which will be better sound than from ARC. I'm not sure of your setup but I assume, at least, it's 5.1 or 7.1 speakers? Otherwise - - are there any settings on your LG Player for audio that designates "ARC?"
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I didn't word it very clearly, but the blu ray player is directly wired via hdmi to the receiver. All devices are wired through the receiver. Only one wire connects the tv to the receiver, and that's on the ARC channel.

The LG player has no user settings for CEC. I looked everywhere.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10308 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I didn't word it very clearly, but the blu ray player is directly wired via hdmi to the receiver. All devices are wired through the receiver. Only one wire connects the tv to the receiver, and that's on the ARC channel.

The LG player has no user settings for CEC. I looked everywhere.
***OK - I think I've got it. But I still don't understand why you are trying to use ARC for your Blu-ray player. I would think that when you play a Blu-ray disc, your audio would automatically switch to the corresponding AVR "Input" of your AVR and thus your audio signal. For any other device that you are using ARC for - - that audio should be switched to your "TV/Audio" AVR Input. (Assuming you are only using ARC for streaming devices and no direct audio connection to your AVR for these components.)

Since I do not have an AVR that is compatible with HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 - - I don't have the same setup as you do. But again - - audio, directly from your Blu-ray player to your AVR is the absolute best sound you can get and I don't quite understand why you want to use ARC for your Blu-ray player or what that accomplishes for you. Can you confirm that once you turn on your Blu-ray player and you toggle to the corresponding AVR "HDMI Input," - - that you get audio?

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)

Last edited by Ricoflashback; 12-03-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Ricoflashback is offline  
post #10309 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
llep64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Has anyone here come from a 940 E ?? I would like to hear your thoughts. I have a chance to get one for the same price as the 75900f.
Thanks!
llep64 is offline  
post #10310 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
I'm stumped a little bit and need your help. I'm trying to get ARC to work properly. All cables are certified high speed Monoprice.

My setup:
TV: 900F
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V485
Blu-ray player: LG UBK80
Streaming box: Apple TV 4k
Cable box: Arris

All devices are hooked up to the receiver through individual HDMI ports and the receiver is hooked up to the TV using the ARC hdmi port. I disabled audio passthrough in the receiver so it plays the sound and nothing can come out of the TV speakers. I turned on CEC in the TV and the receiver to enable ARC. CEC is turned off in the Apple TV and there's no options anywhere to change CEC in the LG blu-ray player of cable box. I'm disappointed that LG doesn't have any CEC options to manipulate.

Everything works exactly as it should except for one thing: When I play a blu-ray disc, the receiver changes the sound input from the blu-ray player's HDMI port to the port the receiver uses for ARC and no sound comes out. When I manually change it back to the blu-ray HDMI port while the disc is playing, the player stops playing the disc.

Sound works as it should when playing content from the Apple TV and cable box.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or this is just the consequences of CEC and ARC?

It seems like this created some infinite sound ARC loop. Could this in any way damage my system?

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Might it be an input assign issue. Maybe both are set to the same. I use a Denon and it's been a long time since I've been in that menu but worth checking.
Rich 63 is offline  
post #10311 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***OK - I think I've got it. But I still don't understand why you are trying to use ARC for your Blu-ray player. I would think that when you play a Blu-ray disc, your audio would automatically switch to the corresponding AVR "Input" of your AVR and thus your audio signal. For any other device that you are using ARC for - - that audio should be switched to your "TV/Audio" AVR Input. (Assuming you are only using ARC for streaming devices and no direct audio connection to your AVR for these components.)

Since I do not have an AVR that is compatible with HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 - - I don't have the same setup as you do. But again - - audio, directly from your Blu-ray player to your AVR is the absolute best sound you can get and I don't quite understand why you want to use ARC for your Blu-ray player or what that accomplishes for you. Can you confirm that once you turn on your Blu-ray player and you toggle to the corresponding AVR "HDMI Input," - - that you get audio?
All devices are connected directly to the receiver. Nothing is hooked up to the tv. I followed all instructions for how to setup my tv for ARC.

I'm not trying to use ARC for my blu ray player. I want ARC for my tv's apps. Everything works as it should. All devices play sound directly through the receiver (in the highest resolution) and display their pictures just fine. The only issue is my blu ray player. The problem is when I use the blu ray player (which is directly wired to the receiver), CEC kicks in and switches audio to the ARC channel. Sound will not play. When I hit the button on the receiver to select blu ray as my source, the player stops playing.

Any ideas? Thanks.

See below for a better description of what's going on. Thanks.

Last edited by hodgjy; 12-03-2019 at 02:54 PM.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10312 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich 63 View Post
Might it be an input assign issue. Maybe both are set to the same. I use a Denon and it's been a long time since I've been in that menu but worth checking.
Thanks for the reply. ARC assigns audio to "AUDIO 1" (on receiver). If I select cable box on my receiver (HDMI 2 on receiver), sound from my cable box comes out from the tv source (HDMI 2 on receiver). If I select Apple TV (HDMI 3 on receiver), sound comes out of the Apple TV (HDMI 3). If I select my tv's native app, ARC changes sound to AUDIO 1. If I select blu ray (HDMI 1 on receiver) and begin to play a disc, sound switches to AUDIO 1 and no sound comes out. When I hit HDMI 1 to try to force sound, the disk stops playing. Super weird.

It makes no sense that 2 devices work fine but 1 doesn't.

Last edited by hodgjy; 12-03-2019 at 02:56 PM.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10313 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
Thanks for the reply. ARC assigns audio to "AUDIO 1" (on receiver). If I select cable box on my receiver (HDMI 2 on receiver), sound from my cable box comes out from the tv source (HDMI 2 on receiver). If I select Apple TV (HDMI 3 on receiver), sound comes out of the Apple TV (HDMI 3). If I select my tv's native app, ARC changes sound to AUDIO 1. If I select blu ray (HDMI 1 on receiver) and begin to play a disc, sound switches to AUDIO 1 and no sound comes out. When I hit HDMI 1 to try to force sound, the disk stops playing. Super weird.

It makes no sense that 2 devices work fine but 1 doesn't.
***Thanks for your clarification. I'd check your "Input Source" via the "Options" button on your Yamaha remote. In essence, on your AVR, HDMI In (1) is your Blu-ray player, HDMI In (2) is your cable box, HDMI In 3 is your Apple TV, and HDMI In 4 is vacant (correct?) The TV Audio should default to Audio 1 on your AVR. Those should all be reflected when you toggle through the menu. (Page 79 of the Yamaha manual.) Also - the Yamaha remote you have is different than my Denon remote in that your have to "toggle" through your HDMI Inputs (1-4 & Audio - up or down arrows) versus having them listed individually on the remote.)

Do you use any of the native apps on your TV that would benefit from ARC? If not, you could turn off ARC on your AVR and everything should work properly. Also and for grins, you could plug your Blu-ray Player into the open HDMI In (4) on your AVR and test it that way. But regardless I understand your point - - your audio should work with your Blu-ray player with CEC turned on, no matter what and without the Blu-ray player stopping. It sounds like a conflict on the HDMI In (1) In on your AVR. The Blu-ray player should default the HDMI 1 In on your AVR and any sound from ARC from the native apps on the TV should default to Audio 1. Check the settings I suggested and you can always call Yamaha support. They were a good resource for me when I had a Yamaha receiver. I hope this helps.
hodgjy likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is offline  
post #10314 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***Thanks for your clarification. I'd check your "Input Source" via the "Options" button on your Yamaha remote. In essence, on your AVR, HDMI In (1) is your Blu-ray player, HDMI In (2) is your cable box, HDMI In 3 is your Apple TV, and HDMI In 4 is vacant (correct?) The TV Audio should default to Audio 1 on your AVR. Those should all be reflected when you toggle through the menu. (Page 79 of the Yamaha manual.) Also - the Yamaha remote you have is different than my Denon remote in that your have to "toggle" through your HDMI Inputs (1-4 & Audio - up or down arrows) versus having them listed individually on the remote.)

Do you use any of the native apps on your TV that would benefit from ARC? If not, you could turn off ARC on your AVR and everything should work properly. Also and for grins, you could plug your Blu-ray Player into the open HDMI In (4) on your AVR and test it that way. But regardless I understand your point - - your audio should work with your Blu-ray player with CEC turned on, no matter what and without the Blu-ray player stopping. It sounds like a conflict on the HDMI In (1) In on your AVR. The Blu-ray player should default the HDMI 1 In on your AVR and any sound from ARC from the native apps on the TV should default to Audio 1. Check the settings I suggested and you can always call Yamaha support. They were a good resource for me when I had a Yamaha receiver. I hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the very detailed response. I thought I checked in the input assignments, but I'll check again. I'll report back later with any new developments.

Thanks again for your help.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10315 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ricoflashback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,379
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1834 Post(s)
Liked: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
Thanks so much for the very detailed response. I thought I checked in the input assignments, but I'll check again. I'll report back later with any new developments.

Thanks again for your help.

***Also look at Page 99 & Page 100 of your Yamaha manual. The terminology is a little different than my Denon remote so sorry I keep referring to that. But it should work. I think Yamaha Support is your best bet. Plain and simple - - ARC and CEC should work for your TV Native Apps (Audio 1) and via HDMI Outputs from your other sources to your Yamaha receiver. (HDMI In on the Yamaha AVR) And with CEC, it should recognize what Yamaha AVR Inputs correspond for audio/video.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Ricoflashback is offline  
post #10316 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
Has anyone here come from a 940 E ?? I would like to hear your thoughts. I have a chance to get one for the same price as the 75900f.
Thanks!


I’d suggest looking at the rtings comparison. I was going to get a 940E but went with the 900F due to differences I didn’t like. Mostly in regards to blurring and other similar effects. I haven’t used a 940E so can’t say wether or not it would’ve affected me but I am happy with the 900F overall.

The 940E should be significantly better at local dimming and mitigating blooming.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
acphydro is offline  
post #10317 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***Also look at Page 99 & Page 100 of your Yamaha manual. The terminology is a little different than my Denon remote so sorry I keep referring to that. But it should work. I think Yamaha Support is your best bet. Plain and simple - - ARC and CEC should work for your TV Native Apps (Audio 1) and via HDMI Outputs from your other sources to your Yamaha receiver. (HDMI In on the Yamaha AVR) And with CEC, it should recognize what Yamaha AVR Inputs correspond for audio/video.
Thanks again for all your help and willingness to dig through a manual for a product you don't even own.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I tried every setting and combination of settings available to me, and I'm left to conclude it's an incompatibility with CEC implementations somewhere in the chain, most likely LG's undefeatable CEC.

Good thing I have a pile of optical cables, and even better I use Apple TV for most of my streaming needs. There's just a few apps on the TV that do things better than the Apple tv, and unfortunately Netflix is one of them. Oh well.

Thanks again. I appreciate your attentiveness.
hodgjy is offline  
post #10318 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Does anyone else like the the Sports preset ?
I find the other settings kind of washed out looking but the Sports setting colors pop and the pic is very detailed.
I tone down the brightness a little and I think the contrast and maybe the gamma a smidge but this seems to give me the best picture.
Gdog2015 is offline  
post #10319 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,409
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2173 Post(s)
Liked: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post
Thanks again for all your help and willingness to dig through a manual for a product you don't even own.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I tried every setting and combination of settings available to me, and I'm left to conclude it's an incompatibility with CEC implementations somewhere in the chain, most likely LG's undefeatable CEC.

Good thing I have a pile of optical cables, and even better I use Apple TV for most of my streaming needs. There's just a few apps on the TV that do things better than the Apple tv, and unfortunately Netflix is one of them. Oh well.

Thanks again. I appreciate your attentiveness.
It sounds like you have CEC issues which unfortunately are more likely when one has a mix of different components from different mfgs. I believe LG calls CEC "Simplink", have you looked for anything named as such.

Otherwise I would try doing a simultaneous power reset of all devices. It might help and possibly only temporarily.
PlanetAVS is online now  
post #10320 of 10365 Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
hodgjy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
It sounds like you have CEC issues which unfortunately are more likely when one has a mix of different components from different mfgs. I believe LG calls CEC "Simplink", have you looked for anything named as such.

Otherwise I would try doing a simultaneous power reset of all devices. It might help and possibly only temporarily.
Thanks for the reply. I looked through every LG menu, and no CEC settings are anywhere. It seems as they undefeatable.

I've cycled the power (I always unplug everything before swapping hdmi cables) multiple times to no avail.

As you said, it's just two manufacturers not playing nice together.
hodgjy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off