2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 349 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4696Likes

post #10441 of 10998 Old 12-14-2019, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey all. I bought a 65” X900F on Black Friday and have been watching an average of 2+ hours of content a day since set up on 11/30. I am noticing a lot of picture noise, especially against white/lighter shade backdrops. I have attempted multiple viewings on different settings and can’t seem to get this to go away. It isn’t as noticeable during darker lit scenes in movies but it almost distracting during the lighter scenes. I just watched Alien in 4K and this was very apparent. I have a soundbar and subwoofer and run the 4K player into the Soundbar and have another HDMI running from the soundbar to the ARC port in the TV.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and does anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate or reduce the noise.

I have heard great things about this TV all around especially regarding the up scaling capability so I am hoping this can be fixed and isn’t a cause for concern.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10998 Old 12-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returnoftheyeti View Post
Roku connected to the reciever , reciever to the TV. I suppose it could be the Roku triggering something, but the TV for sure “powers” on first, and the screen never comes on.

I’d say it has to be the TV, but if no one else has noticed or seen similar behavior......

Ill pull the power from the Roku for a couple days and see if there is a difference
Make sure you have disabled Automatic Updates on the TV, there have been reports of similar issues with the USB port powering up from time-to-time turning on bias lighting.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #10443 of 10998 Old 12-14-2019, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Yomaxx - it looks like you have the Comcast 4K Box - XG1v4. I never upgraded because there is zero content (OK - maybe past Olympics) that I know of in native 4K from regular broadcasts. Maybe some other folks can chime in that have the newer 4K Comcast STB's as well.

OK - make sure of the following:

1. Ensure you have enabled "Enhanced Format" which will correspond to HDMI Inputs 2 & 3 on your Sony 900F.

4K (50p/60p):

To play back content in 4K, connect the TV to an HDMI device which supports 4K with a High Speed HDMI cable.
To view 4K picture with enhanced format (18Gbps) *, follow the steps below.
*4K (50, 60 Hz) of YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, YCbCr 4:2:0 / 10bit, RGB, etc.
  1. Prepare the Premium High Speed HDMI cable which supports 18Gbps.
  2. Connect the HDMI cable to compatible HDMI terminal on the TV.

NOTE: Compatible HDMI terminal depends on the TV model. For the details, you can refer to the FAQ below.
    Which HDMI terminals do support enhanced format (18Gbps)?
  3. Set HDMI signal format to Enhanced format.
    1. Press the HOME button on the remote control.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select External inputs in the TV category.
    4. Select HDMI signal format and set to Enhanced format.
2. Try setting your Comcast box to 720p or 1080i resolution. Again, folks with the newer Comcast 4K STB's can chime in here, but I would not let Comcast upscale anything.

3. New "high speed HDMI cables" will make a difference - - especially if you have really old HDMI cables.

4. For Amazon Prime - - you should be able to see when you select the program whether it's 1080p, 4K and/or 4K/HDR. After starting your program - - just pause it with the remote and read the information below. Also - - do not stream from Comcast. Stream from the native apps or a separate streaming player. (Unless you have a very slow internet speed which you should be able to check via your computer. If you can get 20 mbps down - - you will be fine with Netflix and 4K/HDR content. 1080p content consumes around 5 MB downstream but looks fantastic with the Sony 900F upscaling.)

5. When you get your new Denon X3500H - - it should all work, switching wise, since it's HDCP 2.2 compliant. But again - - do not let anything "upscale" any content except for your Sony 900F. That includes your new Denon AVR.

Let's start with that and see if you can tell a difference. Hope this helps.
1st. I dont know how to add a picture but I did take a picture of the options from my 4k STB. It says the best available setting is 16:9 2160p60 4K UHD. I literally just received in the mail 3 6ft high speed HDMI cables. I bought 3 different brands. 2 of them definitely are more than capable of handling everything. 18Gbps, 4K @50/60hz etc.

2nd. I have enabled "enhanced format"

3rd. When you say connect the HDMI cable to a "device" that's supports 4K content, what do you mean. Again, forgive me as I've been out of the game for 4 years or so. I'm under the impression I connect my new high speed HDMI cable to my 4k STB and use the apps from the box. Like the box has amazon prime app built in. Wouldn't I just watch all my content like that?

Or stream it directly from the app built into the x900f? This is where I'm confused.

Btw when I stream directly from the app section (amazon prime 4k) of the Sony, example... Avengers when it first starts it looks all grainy then my internet kicks in (speed wise) and it looks really good. I think when my internet is running slow it affects the picture quality when I stream.

I picked up a Roku premiere 4k for a 4k tv in our guest bedroom. Should I try that on the x900f instead?

4th. You mentioned do not let anything upscale? How do I know if the Sony is doing the upscaling and not another device?

All new stuff for me to absorb. Last time I messed with A/V stuff I had definitive technology speakers and there crazy big subwoofer 😊 so it's been a while.

All this help is greatly appreciated on my end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10444 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
Is there much blooming/glow around the subtitles ? I'm trying to decide between the 900F and the Samsung Q70, and the TCL 75R615.
Thanks.
Not "much", but there is. Easily resolved with using gray subtitles instead of white.

PS4 Pro
post #10445 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Is there much blooming/glow around the subtitles ? I'm trying to decide between the 900F and the Samsung Q70, and the TCL 75R615. Thanks.
Closed Captions are user adjustable as lyubohar said. Open Captioning is fine on SD and HD.

On Dolby Vision material, both the Closed and Open Captioning are very bright. I used it for a couple of lines of dialogue, (and for first time) on Disney+ "Avengers Endgame" last night and it was harsh.
post #10446 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomaxx View Post
1st. I dont know how to add a picture but I did take a picture of the options from my 4k STB. It says the best available setting is 16:9 2160p60 4K UHD. ...
Too many issues to address in one post, I’ll address the Comcast box. I’m reasonably certain Comcast ‘broadcasts’ all material in 720p, therefor the best setting for the STB is 720p, that will ensure that the 900F will do all the upscaling. You can see what type of signal the 900F is receiving by hitting the ‘Display’ button on the remote, after you set the STB properly you should see 720p — the 900F will always upscale the input to 2160p/60.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1

Last edited by bmcleod; 12-16-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Info to Display
post #10447 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7041 Post(s)
Liked: 7076
Quote:
Originally Posted by digmor crusher View Post
A reset seems to have fixed it.
Usually unplugging it will do the trick, just glitched out which happens on modern electronics it seems......
post #10448 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Usually unplugging it will do the trick, just glitched out which happens on modern electronics it seems......
well, haven't bought a sony since the LX900 I received (as part of the sony deal that was offered to all of us with the light engine issues from the previous gen., way back when, anyone remember that? lol)

anyway, a new 55" 900f arrives tomorrow-can't wait to tweak it a little with the help of this great place.
post #10449 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I too get my 75 replacement tomorrow, wondering if I will have to update to Oreo again? And it that’s the only update needed? Will see how it handles DV and HDR
post #10450 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it possible to disable 4K upscaling (49X900F)? Thanks.
post #10451 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan2 View Post
Is it possible to disable 4K upscaling (49X900F)? Thanks.
No, otherwise any feed that was less than 4k would only take up a fraction of the screen.
bmcleod likes this.
post #10452 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, thanks. I'm have an audio syncing issue with multiple tivo outputs which I never had with any previous set (including a Sony 800e) and I wanted to disable 4K upscaling just as a test to see if that might be the cause. Anyway, I appreciate your prompt response.
post #10453 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
Not "much", but there is. Easily resolved with using gray subtitles instead of white.
Thanks. Do you mean adjusting subtitle color with UHD player or TV ?

LeeSoFl, are you saying the subtitle blooming is only a problem with Dolby Vision ?

WE do a lot of Netflix HD streaming, and some DVD's and Blu-rays.

Last edited by Jim McC; 12-15-2019 at 02:51 PM.
post #10454 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Hi all. I stream the at&t now app through Apple TV. Some channels like NBC and CBS have really bad judder problems. After a couple seconds the picture starts to get choppy and the video begins to fall behind the audio.

The only “fix” is to double click the tv button to bring up all the open apps. I can then watch it fine but the screen is much smaller and there are other screens showing behind it.

This doesn’t happen on my Samsung tv from which I stream the app on Apple TV as well.

Anyone else seeing this and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks
post #10455 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
I much prefer to see things how they were intended to be seen as opposed to a fake looking image. Just the same I wouldn’t want to alter words in a show or movie to fit more in line with how I talk or am used to hearing things said. To each their own. I can certainly see the appeal from the opposite but makes me scratch my head that those people can’t see it from the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not quite that black and white though.
I prefer the Sony over Samsung overall because I think Samsung looks too processed, but that doesn't mean I want to take all the life out of the picture.
post #10456 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
Make sure you have disabled Automatic Updates on the TV, there have been reports of similar issues with the USB port powering up from time-to-time turning on bias lighting.

Weird, Auto Updates are off, but if I try to enable/ or check for updates I get stuck in a loop asking me to accept the privacy agreement. I click yes, it exits, but I still cant "enable auto updates"

This is probably related to my PiHole.
post #10457 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2262 Post(s)
Liked: 2147
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmathers View Post
Hi all. I stream the at&t now app through Apple TV. Some channels like NBC and CBS have really bad judder problems. After a couple seconds the picture starts to get choppy and the video begins to fall behind the audio.

The only “fix” is to double click the tv button to bring up all the open apps. I can then watch it fine but the screen is much smaller and there are other screens showing behind it.

This doesn’t happen on my Samsung tv from which I stream the app on Apple TV as well.

Anyone else seeing this and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks
Set your Apple TV video settings to 1080P SDR. You'll have to change it back to 4K SDR when watching 4K content though.
post #10458 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1863 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomaxx View Post
1st. I dont know how to add a picture but I did take a picture of the options from my 4k STB. It says the best available setting is 16:9 2160p60 4K UHD. I literally just received in the mail 3 6ft high speed HDMI cables. I bought 3 different brands. 2 of them definitely are more than capable of handling everything. 18Gbps, 4K @50/60hz etc.

2nd. I have enabled "enhanced format"

3rd. When you say connect the HDMI cable to a "device" that's supports 4K content, what do you mean. Again, forgive me as I've been out of the game for 4 years or so. I'm under the impression I connect my new high speed HDMI cable to my 4k STB and use the apps from the box. Like the box has amazon prime app built in. Wouldn't I just watch all my content like that?

Or stream it directly from the app built into the x900f? This is where I'm confused.

Btw when I stream directly from the app section (amazon prime 4k) of the Sony, example... Avengers when it first starts it looks all grainy then my internet kicks in (speed wise) and it looks really good. I think when my internet is running slow it affects the picture quality when I stream.

I picked up a Roku premiere 4k for a 4k tv in our guest bedroom. Should I try that on the x900f instead?

4th. You mentioned do not let anything upscale? How do I know if the Sony is doing the upscaling and not another device?

All new stuff for me to absorb. Last time I messed with A/V stuff I had definitive technology speakers and there crazy big subwoofer 😊 so it's been a while.

All this help is greatly appreciated on my end.

***See answers below:

(1) Great! New cables. Good job. Now, and as another poster mentioned, set the output on your 4K Comcast Cable Box (STB) to 720p. That allows your Sony 900F to do all the upscaling. Now, if there is native 4K content from Comcast (most likely from "streaming") then that could be an issue but don't stream from your Comcast Cable Box. Stream from the native apps or your Roku Player. By the way - - with streaming, it might take 10 seconds or so for the stream to fully reach its highest resolution. So yes, it can look hazy for a bit until you reach the max speed from your internet wi-fi modem.

(3) Yes, you can stream from your Comcast Box but the native apps and a Roku Player, IMHO, will provide better picture quality. The Roku Player has a nice interface - - easier to navigate. I take it that you have a 4K Roku Player. You can connect the Roku to HDMI 3 or HDMI 2, depending on which input where you have your Comcast Box. Once you get your Denon Player, it will be much easier to connect everything through the Denon and especially with your Cable Box - - which you can set to 720p output and make sure that your Denon AVR DOES NOT upscale anything. In other words - - if there is a native setting (source signal) setting on your AVR, that's what you want. I can look up the Denon manual and advise later.

How to tell what the source signal is? When watching cable, press the "Display" button on your remote and in the upper right hand corner, you'll see the input resolution. When watching streaming from the internal app Netflix - - press "Display" again. For Amazon, you can pause the playback and it will show the resolution.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #10459 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

LeeSoFl, are you saying the subtitle blooming is only a problem with Dolby Vision ?

I mean subtitle color in Netflix (or other streaming apps); haven't used much Blu-ray discs but I guess it's the same there.
And yes, issue is with Dolby Vision only from my experience.

PS4 Pro
post #10460 of 10998 Old 12-15-2019, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
I mean subtitle color in Netflix (or other streaming apps); haven't used much Blu-ray discs but I guess it's the same there.
And yes, issue is with Dolby Vision only from my experience.
Thank you
post #10461 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
Too many issues to address in one post, I’ll address the Comcast box. I’m reasonably certain Comcast ‘broadcasts’ all material in 720p, therefor the best setting for the STB is 720p, that will ensure that the 900F will do all the upscaling.
I have Verizon Fios One 4K box. Is it best to set it at 720p, 1080i, 1080p or 2160? When I set it to 2160 it kicks the tv into HDR mode.
post #10462 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:

The TV will not generate subtitles for anything except the built in channel tuner. Any HDMI input on the TV would require you use the captioning on the playback device.

On Dolby Vision, the open captioning, (which is part of the program) might or might not be very bright. Closed Captions you turn on and off, generally hit the screen "white hot."
post #10463 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post
I have Verizon Fios One 4K box. Is it best to set it at 720p, 1080i, 1080p or 2160? When I set it to 2160 it kicks the tv into HDR mode.
I don’t have any particular expertise with Verizon TV (I helped a friend with Comcast which is why I’m familiar with that). The ideal with any box would be a setting of ‘Native Resolution’, if the Verizon FIOS One 4K STB has that, then choose it (the TV would then do the appropriate upscaling to 4K).

If it doesn’t have a ‘native’ setting the next question would be ‘do you have any 4K programming?’. If not then it’s likely that 1080i would be the best choice for two reasons: first, most stations / channels originally broadcast their content in 1080i (ABC, ESPN, & Fox being the exceptions, they’re 720p). If you set to 1080i then most of the time only the TV will be doing all of the upscaling. Second, I believe (Google search) Verizon sends all channels at 1080i (upscaling the 720p channels). I base this on the following statement: “The "best" (highest) output currently supported by the Verizon boxes is 1080i.

If you have and watch 4K content from Verizon you probably should set the STB to 2160p, if you do that try hitting the Sony’s ‘Display’ button when on NBC and ABC, this will tell you if the Verizon box is upscaling everything to 2160p. (you should also do this test when set to 1080i).

Your other option is to switch between 1080i and 2160p depending on what your watching. A pain, but would give the best picture. If every STB (and streaming box) had a ‘Native Resolution’ we wouldn’t have this confusion. If someone knows more about Verizon TV and this STB, feel free to correct me.
Bklynblaze likes this.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #10464 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
Too many issues to address in one post, I’ll address the Comcast box. I’m reasonably certain Comcast ‘broadcasts’ all material in 720p, therefor the best setting for the STB is 720p, that will ensure that the 900F will do all the upscaling. You can see what type of signal the 900F is receiving by hitting the ‘Display’ button on the remote, after you set the STB properly you should see 720p — the 900F will always upscale the input to 2160p/60.
I just did some experimenting by putting the Comcast X1 box to 720p. When you hit the display button on the Sony, everything including Netflix and Amazon prime apps content show up as 720p. I’m not sure changing the setting on the X1 is the answer. I also noticed that both the Netflix and Amazon prime apps built into the X1 box will put out ultra 4K but not Dolby Vision. You would have to use the native apps in the Sony TV for that.

Last edited by itsjustmeee; 12-16-2019 at 11:43 AM.
post #10465 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone know where to find the manufacture date on this tv? I don’t see it anywhere in the box... thanks
post #10466 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
Does anyone know where to find the manufacture date on this tv? I don’t see it anywhere in the box... thanks
It's on the back of the tv.
post #10467 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1863 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee View Post
I just did some experimenting by putting the Comcast X1 box to 720p. When you hit the display button on the Sony, everything including Netflix and Amazon prime apps content show up as 720p. I’m not sure changing the setting on the X1 is the answer. I also noticed that both the Netflix and Amazon prime apps built into the X1 box will put out ultra 4K but not Dolby Vision. You would have to use the native apps in the Sony TV for that.
***The reason to use the native apps or a streaming player (and for Dolby Vision, a player that will display DV) is better picture quality, IMHO. That, in conjunction with setting the cable output to 720p, provides the best cable picture. But that's my experience. And I have the older Xfinity box that is non 4K. We do have an older TV that streams Netflix & Amazon Prime from Comcast but it's a non 4K set - - so it works fine under those conditions.

If you do stream from the new Comcast 4K STB, then setting the output to the highest resolution is needed for their 4K content. I was initially excited about Comcast's 4K offering but once I found out they have virtually zero 4K content unless you stream - - to me, it didn't make any sense. For older, 1080p TV's, it's a nice way to stream without much hassle.
bmcleod likes this.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #10468 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So my 75 came with firmware 8? Is this the latest? Or is there another download after this one?
post #10469 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post
So my 75 came with firmware 8? Is this the latest? Or is there another download after this one?
That’s the Android TV OS, version 8 is Oreo and it’s the latest. The latest firmware is 6.6520.

post #10470 of 10998 Old 12-16-2019, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Maybe someone can help me clarify something in regards to this TV set 85x900f.

I have one coming on Friday.

I've been reading extensively about this TV and I'm a gamer so
I wanted to make sure it fits my gaming needs. As far as every review I read so far, it's been consistently mentioned that this TV running on 1080p/60 = 42ish ms input lag, and 1080p/120 drops it to 23 ish same as for 4K/60.

I thought I had it all figured out, then this review by @imagic came to my attention, the only review I found of the 85" model.

https://www.avsforum.com/sony-x900f-85-hdr-4k-imax-enhanced-tv-bigger-is-definitely-better/

"Games

Gamers… using an 85” TV is living the dream. The X900F series is great for gaming, thanks to excellent motion handling and a native refresh rate of 120 Hz. That means you can feed it a 1080/120p 4:4:4 signal (if you are a PC gamer) and enjoy hyper-responsive gaming with an input lag of only 13 milliseconds. Or you can choose 4K at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 color, if your computer can handle it! In that mode, lag increases to about 24 milliseconds, which is still very good. 4K gaming looks phenomenal on this TV and there’s no question you can see a huge improvement in detail over 1080p with the giant TV screen."

That 13ms claim is what got me really intrigued, because that would make it phenomenal.

So now i'm really curious is it something with the 85" model as we know sometimes there's hardware differences with bigger sizes, was it a firmware update that fixed the lag, anyone has any idea how reliable those numbers are?

Thank you for anyone who has any input on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page