2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4655Likes

post #1501 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cba1986 View Post
thats really a shame. you have the possibility to return it?
I bought it from B&H. I'm sure I could return it. Not sure if I'd have to pay for shipping. I'd rather have Sony come and fix it so they can be certain they bring me a panel that has had better QC.

Many of the spots aren't as dark as the picture I posted (about half) and I think it looks those have dirt trapped between the LCD and cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Welp, I’ve made up my mind. Going to go with the 55x900f over the 6 Series TCL or the new P Series Vizio.

Where’s the best place to grab one from where I can easily return it if I get a bunk panel?

I am a Costco member, but I don’t see it there.
Ecwrvd2 likes this.
post #1503 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoysName View Post
Welp, I’ve made up my mind. Going to go with the 55x900f over the 6 Series TCL or the new P Series Vizio.

Where’s the best place to grab one from where I can easily return it if I get a bunk panel?

I am a Costco member, but I don’t see it there.
Local Best Buy or I like Crutchfield too. No Sony at the Costco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon1 View Post
Local Best Buy or I like Crutchfield too. No Sony at the Costco.

Well crap!

Crutchfield you say? How’s the return policy there for panel defects?
post #1505 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 09:45 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Well crap!

I think it’s quite good. 60 day returns. I couldn’t make up my mind on a sub a few years ago and the sales advisor said just buy both and return the one you don’t like. No problem at all.

I must admit though, a TV return is a different issue. Rather large to move around and requires freight. This means you may be at the whim of a truck driver. I really don’t have time for “4” hour delivery windows very often.

Overall I like the sales staff, tech support, web site, and rewards program at Crutchfield. It’s more “Whole Foods” like than “discount grocers”.
post #1506 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone's tv make a really high pitch squeal/hum?

Mine has done this since I got it last week. It's incredibly high pitch, the sort that some people likely won't hear. But my hearing is sensitive to high frequency.

It's like something in the power supply, like a dodgy capacitor or something. But it's really bloody annoying. I can't imagine this is normal for a brand new $3000 tv.
post #1507 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Watching HDR movies and the bleed into the black bars is really, really bad on the 85x900F.

On Netflix shows when the bars are an inch or two it is less noticeable but on other movies with large bars they’re almost always gray and light up A LOT with bright lights on the screen next to the bar. Even with bias lighting.

Wishing the q9 came in an 85 inch since it seems to have better black bar control.

Hopefully the q9S isn’t 20k and maybe I’ll upgrade to that. Or an 88 inch oled or micro led in 2-3 years...

Samsung just announced the 82 inch Q8 coming in August as well, I think that has 250ish zones rumored to be $4800ish which probably would have been black bars as well.

It’s the only qualm I have for this set... the price is so “low” for the 85 inch that I guess it makes sense. 72 zones is absolutely not enough. It’s very, very distracting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1508 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey guys, total noob here. Order a 75 inch off greentoe (anybody purchased a sony from there?) And the expected delivery is next week.

It's probably been covered somewhere in this thread before but is there a way to tell how many hours this unit has been displayed (if any at all)? I just want to make sure I really am getting a brand new unit..thanks all.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
post #1509 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman25 View Post
Anyone's tv make a really high pitch squeal/hum?

Mine has done this since I got it last week. It's incredibly high pitch, the sort that some people likely won't hear. But my hearing is sensitive to high frequency.

It's like something in the power supply, like a dodgy capacitor or something. But it's really bloody annoying. I can't imagine this is normal for a brand new $3000 tv.
You might try to see if you can measure the sound. On my iPhone & iPad I use AudioTools with a calibrated mic and it can accurately measure up in the top octave (10K - 20K), even with a smartphone mic it can do a decent job. The SPL meters should register even if it can't be heard very well, and the RTA and FFT functions can help pinpoint what frequency it's at. If you need to have it repaired it will be helpful to have measurements, especially when someone tries to tell you they don't hear a thing.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #1510 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmtkings4 View Post
Hey guys, total noob here. Order a 75 inch off greentoe (anybody purchased a sony from there?) And the expected delivery is next week.

It's probably been covered somewhere in this thread before but is there a way to tell how many hours this unit has been displayed (if any at all)? I just want to make sure I really am getting a brand new unit..thanks all.

Settings > About > Status > Uptime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
You might try to see if you can measure the sound. On my iPhone & iPad I use AudioTools with a calibrated mic and it can accurately measure up in the top octave (10K - 20K), even with a smartphone mic it can do a decent job. The SPL meters should register even if it can't be heard very well, and the RTA and FFT functions can help pinpoint what frequency it's at. If you need to have it repaired it will be helpful to have measurements, especially when someone tries to tell you they don't hear a thing.
Thanks, I might try this later. It's very obvious, to me at least. The wife hasn't said anything. I haven't mentioned it to her. She may not be able to hear it. I'd guess it's up around 20k.
post #1511 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Thank you!

post #1512 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:

Thanks, I might try this later. It's very obvious, to me at least. The wife hasn't said anything. I haven't mentioned it to her. She may not be able to hear it. I'd guess it's up around 20k.
I don’t hear anything out of mine.
post #1513 of 10880 Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 66
When watching HDR / Dolby vision movies and shows at night time in a completely dark room is everyone leaving brightness at max or do you adjust it almost all of the way down to brightness “1” or “9” for 100 or 200 so luminance?

post #1514 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Back in the CRT days you could hear the scan frequency, up around 15k I think. I’ve always wondered if boomers (and later gens I suppose) who grew up with CRTs, have hearing loss in that range, or if it’s a contributing cause of tinnitus.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #1515 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 02:18 AM

Liked: 0
Hey guys,

just did some Motionflow tests... True Cinema does not activate X-Motion Clarity. However, you can also achieve a 5:5 in Custom mode. Just set Smoothness to Min. And with Clearness set to 1, you get a 5:5 + X-Motion Clarity. Don't forget to set Film mode/CineMotion to High in order for the TV to detect and reverse the 3:2 pulldown.
post #1516 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 02:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1204 View Post
When watching HDR / Dolby vision movies and shows at night time in a completely dark room is everyone leaving brightness at max or do you adjust it almost all of the way down to brightness “1” or “9” for 100 or 200 so luminance?

I leave it at max and using BIAS lighting I have no issues with the bars or at least nothing that bothers me. I run cinema pro with contrast at 90 and gamma at -1 or -2 at night with local dimming on high usually as opposed to medium. I have the 75” though so I suppose what you are seeing could be a bit worse.

I think if you adjust the brightness too far down you’d ruin the HDR experience. You could always lower it a bit and see. Black adjust could possibly help with it too but it is video processing and may or may not alter the image too much and may not even do anything about the bars.

At some point you’re gonna run into a wall on the limitations of what it can do though being as it’s huge and gets very bright and has a limited amount of zones to work with. I love mine but as with anything down to personal preferences.
Drew1204 likes this.

Last edited by acphydro; 06-23-2018 at 02:44 AM.
post #1517 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 03:36 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Well the good old days of buying any plasma for any price and having a great picture are over 900F is a great cost effective way to get there.........
I couldn't agree with this statement more. I have a 10 year old Panasonic plasma and I've attempted to replace it twice within the past year (TCL 6 series, Vizio P65 F1). I've returned them both because they don't even come close to beating the plasma for watching Dish Network HD. Not even close.
post #1518 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy View Post
I couldn't agree with this statement more. I have a 10 year old Panasonic plasma and I've attempted to replace it twice within the past year (TCL 6 series, Vizio P65 F1). I've returned them both because they don't even come close to beating the plasma for watching Dish Network HD. Not even close.
My 900F beats the pants off my old Panasonic Plasma watching directv.
post #1519 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
If there is a defect, returning to Crutchfield is free. If you just don't like it, or it becomes buyer's remorse then:

For most returns: Crutchfield can issue you an UPS Authorized Return Shipping (ARS) label for a flat fee of $10 per package. Let us know how many packages you're returning, and we’ll send a label for each package via email, fax, or US mail.

Freight shipping: Some items, like larger TVs, furniture, and large tower speakers require special freight shipping, and cost more to return.

Furniture: $75
Tower speakers (per pair): $75
Powered subwoofers: $75
Other freight categories: $100
Thule Freight: $125
TVs 46" to 59": $125
TVs 60" to 69": $135
TVs 70"+: $175
post #1520 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
My 900F beats the pants off my old Panasonic Plasma watching directv.
Really? In overall picture? How's the motion?
post #1521 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well most of the time I have motionflow on truecinema and cinemotion on high because it doesn’t add any smoothing and on most of the shows I watch it looks smooth to me. On the ones that aren’t I set motionflow to custom and move smoothness up to 1 or 2 or clearness to 1.

Some shows are just shot awful but between the two motion settings I use I don’t have any issues. Most of the time I leave it on truecinema but a really bad show it’s no problem to swap it to custom. I’ve watched plenty of sports such as hockey and nfl replays with it at my default settings and it looks great to me.

It won’t reflect and glare as much as your plasma did and it’ll get quite bright if you want it to. Overall the picture quality to me is significantly better for directv. The only thing about the plasma was that you didn’t have to change anything for motion but once you get your set dialed in you should be happy. I know I am. Took me awhile to get used to LCD again but I don’t miss my plasma at all.

TLDR: Sitting 10.5ft away from my 75” I’m very happy with how directv looks on various content and have one motion setting I use 90% of the time and another for the other 10%. Overall picture quality to me is hands down better than my plasma ever could have been. I’m not a videophile I’m just an above average consumer.

Last edited by acphydro; 06-23-2018 at 06:44 AM.
post #1522 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Well most of the time I have motionflow on truecinema and cinemotion on high because it doesn’t add any smoothing and on most of the shows I watch it looks smooth to me. On the ones that aren’t I set motionflow to custom and move smoothness up to 1 or 2 or clearness to 1.

Some shows are just shot awful but between the two motion settings I use I don’t have any issues. Most of the time I leave it on truecinema but a really bad show it’s no problem to swap it to custom. I’ve watched plenty of sports such as hockey and nfl replays with it at my default settings and it looks great to me.

It won’t reflect and glare as much as your plasma did and it’ll get quite bright if you want it to. Overall the picture quality to me is significantly better for directv. The only thing about the plasma was that you didn’t have to change anything for motion but once you get your set dialed in you should be happy. I know I am. Took me awhile to get used to LCD again but I don’t miss my plasma at all.
Interesting. I’ve yet to find anything that can beat my plasma. I was on the verge of going OLED, but I see some motion complaints in those threads. I’ve also seen posters in those threads complimenting Sony for having the best motion handling.
post #1523 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Interesting. I’ve yet to find anything that can beat my plasma. I was on the verge of going OLED, but I see some motion complaints in those threads. I’ve also seen posters in those threads complimenting Sony for having the best motion handling.
It’s very possible that you’ll be more bothered by things than I am when it comes to things such as blooming and blacks. But I use a BIAS light at night and am quite happy with how the blacks look. Subtitles will bloom a bit especially in HDR content but the light helps and most things let you alter the subs. Sometimes I’ll notice something that I don’t like but in general I’m happy 99% of the time.

The thing with motion on these fast responding sets is some shows stutter and those are the shows I’ll change to my custom settings for. Sports won’t have a problem and I’ve never seen it happen streaming shows or movies but occasionally on directv some shows or movies will stutter and that’s when I change to my custom settings.

Both LCD and OLED have their pros and cons. For me the pros of this LCD outweighs the cons. I was always paranoid of burn in although it never happened but temporary IR drove me nuts on my plasma and I’m able to afford a much larger screen to boot.
post #1524 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
It’s very possible that you’ll be more bothered by things than I am when it comes to things such as blooming and blacks. But I use a BIAS light at night and am quite happy with how the blacks look. Subtitles will bloom a bit especially in HDR content but the light helps and most things let you alter the subs. Sometimes I’ll notice something that I don’t like but in general I’m happy 99% of the time.

The thing with motion on these fast responding sets is some shows stutter and those are the shows I’ll change to my custom settings for. Sports won’t have a problem and I’ve never seen it happen streaming shows or movies but occasionally on directv some shows or movies will stutter and that’s when I change to my custom settings.

Both LCD and OLED have their pros and cons. For me the pros of this LCD outweighs the cons. I was always paranoid of burn in although it never happened but temporary IR drove me nuts on my plasma and I’m able to afford a much larger screen to boot.
I’m very sensitive to motion issues, but I have a 10 year old 32 inch 120 hz Sony in a bedroom and it does motion well.
post #1525 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7023 Post(s)
Liked: 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
Got home after being away on business for a few days. First good watch of the new set tonight. I kept noticing black dots and finally paused what I was watching to pipe a white background on my mac.
There are 21 groups of dead pixels ranging from 2 to 5 pixels in each group. Many are near the center of the screen.
There's also one noticeably darker patch about 2x2 inches just upper left of the center of the screen. I strongly suspect it's a weak led in the array. I'll post more pictures tomorrow. Too late right now. Bummer.
We had an issue with a Pioneer plasma, they emailed a file that would turn each pixel back on, we all laughed saying like that is going to work. I was told the screen had about 50 pixels out. I will be damned if every pixel did not get fixed.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmorgan23 View Post
I read this thread everyday and everyday it makes me wanna buy a 900F more and more. grrrr.
Great unit, great price !
post #1526 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Some information that may be helpful regarding the LED light on this TV that blinks 4 times. Repeatedly.

I was excited to receive a 55” 900F yesterday from Crutchfield. I usually but from them because of their superb customer service, their 60 return policy (free and for any reason) and their lifetime tech support. Most of that came into play yesterday.

I had a friend come over and we went through the process of unboxing, re-connecting and hanging the TV on the wall to replace a 7 year old 46” Sony. It is above a gas fireplace and between some built-ins, but plenty of ventilation room. I had also purchased a Denon X2400H and some Blue Jeans 4K HDMI cables. Got everything rewired and hooked up and plugged in.

Here is the progression from that point
1) The TV power cord is disappointingly short (about 6’), so I used a heavy duty extension to reach a plug.

2) The TV turned on, the Android animation started and ran for ~10 seconds and then…… the screen went blank and the LED under the name began to blink – 4 times, then just kept repeating.

3) Unplugged it for a couple of minutes and tried again. Same result – LED blinking red 4 times.

4) Removed the extension cord and plugged the power cord directly into an outlet. Same result – LED blinking red 4 times.4). Went into the manual and found the manual process for doing a factory reset. Tried that three times. Same result – LED blinking red 4 times.

5) Called Crutchfield Tech Support (Dustin) and found out Sony hasn’t provided them with any information, so Dustin got Sony on the line. In the transition, we lost Dustin.

6) Sony was awful. His accent made him hard to understand. He was a bit confused and no real solution offered. He finally put me on hold for quite awhile and came back and offered to replace the set with a brand new one. OK so far. When I asked him how the process worked, he told me that “after I returned the TV, they would send me a brand new TV. The same model IF AVAILABLE, otherwise a COMPARABLE model. I should have my new set within a week or two.” I got my case number and told him I would call him back.

7) I re-connected with Dustin at Crutchfield. He was pretty disappointed with Sony’s solution and said “That’s unacceptable. We’ll send you a new TV right away and when the freight company delivers it, they will pick up the old one.” I did not call Sony back.

Here is what I learned:
  • Sony – still being Sony with sketchy support (my experience over the years) and an apparent baffling lack of knowledge about their own equipment. Even though the Sony manual says to call them if the LED light blinks red and a reset doesn’t fix it, they don’t know what the blinking LED means, or at least couldn’t/wouldn’t share it with me.
  • Crutchfield – superior customer service. Again
  • Most important lesson - plug the TV in to make sure it works BEFORE hanging it on the wall.

I am pleased with Crutchfield and awaiting my replacement TV.
CaptinCrunch and Lp85253 like this.

HOME THEATER: Sony 65A1E | Denon X4200W | Oppo UDP-203 | Apple TV 5 (4K) | Roku 4 Ultra | AV123 Rocket RS850 fronts & RSC200 Bigfoot Center | Axiom QS8 surrounds | HSU VTF-3 MK5 Subwoofer | URC MX 900
GREAT ROOM: Sony 55X900F | Denon X2400H | Sony BDP-S6500 DVD| Apple TV 5 (4K) | AV123 ELT CSe Bookshelf speakers | URC MX 900
post #1527 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray**W View Post
Some information that may be helpful regarding the LED light on this TV that blinks 4 times. Repeatedly.

I was excited to receive a 55” 900F yesterday from Crutchfield. I usually but from them because of their superb customer service, their 60 return policy (free and for any reason) and their lifetime tech support. Most of that came into play yesterday.

I had a friend come over and we went through the process of unboxing, re-connecting and hanging the TV on the wall to replace a 7 year old 46” Sony. It is above a gas fireplace and between some built-ins, but plenty of ventilation room. I had also purchased a Denon X2400H and some Blue Jeans 4K HDMI cables. Got everything rewired and hooked up and plugged in.

Here is the progression from that point

1) The TV power cord is disappointingly short (about 6’), so I used a heavy duty extension to reach a plug.

2) The TV turned on, the Android animation started and ran for ~10 seconds and then…… the screen went blank and the LED under the name began to blink – 4 times, then just kept repeating.

3) Unplugged it for a couple of minutes and tried again. Same result – LED blinking red 4 times.

4) Removed the extension cord and plugged the power cord directly into an outlet. Same result – LED blinking red 4 times.4). Went into the manual and found the manual process for doing a factory reset. Tried that three times. Same result – LED blinking red 4 times.

5) Called Crutchfield Tech Support (Dustin) and found out Sony hasn’t provided them with any information, so Dustin got Sony on the line. In the transition, we lost Dustin.

6) Sony was awful. His accent made him hard to understand. He was a bit confused and no real solution offered. He finally put me on hold for quite awhile and came back and offered to replace the set with a brand new one. OK so far. When I asked him how the process worked, he told me that “after I returned the TV, they would send me a brand new TV. The same model IF AVAILABLE, otherwise a COMPARABLE model. I should have my new set within a week or two.” I got my case number and told him I would call him back.

7) I re-connected with Dustin at Crutchfield. He was pretty disappointed with Sony’s solution and said “That’s unacceptable. We’ll send you a new TV right away and when the freight company delivers it, they will pick up the old one.” I did not call Sony back.

Here is what I learned:
  • Sony – still being Sony with sketchy support (my experience over the years) and an apparent baffling lack of knowledge about their own equipment. Even though the Sony manual says to call them if the LED light blinks red and a reset doesn’t fix it, they don’t know what the blinking LED means, or at least couldn’t/wouldn’t share it with me.
  • Crutchfield – superior customer service. Again
  • Most important lesson - plug the TV in to make sure it works BEFORE hanging it on the wall.

I am pleased with Crutchfield and awaiting my replacement TV.

That’s great! Good news. I wonder if Best Buy would work out just as well.
post #1528 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Clouding / Uniformity Question

Hey Guys,

After about 10 great years with my Panny Plasma 55"... I finally decided to jump to a 65" 900f on sale for my first 4k HDR experience. I love everything about the TV, and am blown away in general.

I did have a question / concern on the clouding on menu or login type screens. Reading in this thread from Dusty5 and others... it seems its somewhat normal and even Sony says so. When you look around the web though, people post pictures similar to mine and its either a "thats normal" or a "thats bad, return it" reaction. Figured this forum has more knowledgeable people and actually own the TV so figured I'd post here.

Anyways, I've attached images from my iphone 8. All taken in a dark room with factory settings. The pics DEFINITELY look worse than in real life and it isn't as bad in person. I'm thinking because it boosts the exposure to see the clouding which then blows it out.

This clouding from the corners does NOT happen when viewing regular content or even black screens... ONLY happens on no-input screens, Netflix login screens and similar. I ran gray and black YouTube test videos and its near perfect black uniformity with none of this clouding. I attached the second screen to show how the lower right clouding is basically gone compared to the Netflix screen. The random streaks are from reflections so never mind those.

If this is somewhat normal on these sets and LCD's, then I'm fine with it as it doesn't affect normal viewing at all. Just wanted to hear from the owners/experts. Otherwise this TV rocks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0648.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	2419646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	705.7 KB
ID:	2419648  
post #1529 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
That’s great! Good news. I wonder if Best Buy would work out just as well.
With the new Supreme Court ruling concerning the collection of sales tax, places such as Crutchfield and Abt, where I've shopped for years and saved nearly 9% on tax, and with excellent Customer Support will be losing business to B.B.
post #1530 of 10880 Old 06-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 322
You can still buy from them or a place like Cleveland Plasma if you feel it's better for you. This new law is actually more fair to brick and mortars that many shop at to compare etc. but buy online to save tax.

Last edited by js950; 06-23-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page