2018 Sony XBR 900F owners thread (No Price Talk) - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4180Likes

post #2011 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPersyn View Post
...Alternatively...is there a 4k-HDR switcher that I should be investing in to feed all external devices lossless (with minimal additional input lag) to HDMI2 and use HDMI 3 for ARC?
I don’t have a 4K HDR switcher as I haven’t needed one but when I did research them I found there were a few reported to work for this purpose. One was made by a company called Awakelion. Worth a shot else your other idea could work fine. Or you could just use HDMI2 for Xbox and PS4 and unplug one to plug the other in although inconvenient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
I'm trying to similarly sort out my connectivity prior to pulling the trigger...

I have a PS4Pro, an Xbox One S (soon to be X) and a Comcast 4k box on the way...I was looking to use the TV for device switching and using the ARC channel to feed audio to my receiver (Onkyo 737 installed remotely in a closed cabinet)...

My goal was to be able to use the TV remote for volume control (audio settings changed via online app)...I could possibly instead open up the possibility of using the IR Blaster as a repeater to control the receiver and feed it the signal via optical cable...(also possibly prompting me to bring my Denon AVR-3802 out of retirement?)....

Suffering a bit of analysis paralysis...but anxious to pull the trigger on this set if I can work out how to connect everything up such that I get the full effect out of all of the devices...

My current set is a Vizio P65ui-B2 which has been great...but it was released pre-HDR standard and with limited full range 4k connectivity due to the chipsets available at the time...I want to 'do it right' this time...

Forgive me if I am missing something here but why don't you just run all the devices through your receiver? Then video out to the TV via HDMI main monitor out? Even better if your receiver employs ARC on the main video out in case you want to view content from within the TV (such as the Netflix app on the TV, etc.). You could purchase a universal remote if your concern is to control everything including audio with one remote. I use the Harmony companion (with included Hub) and it does the trick.

Main: Sony X900F 85" LED, Denon AVRX7200WA, Klipsh RC64II, RF7II (x2), CDT5650 C II (x8), PSA 15V Sub, RSL Speedwoofer 10S Sub
Home Gym: AVR3312CI, RC62II , RF62 II (x2), Polk RC80i (x2), R112SW Sub, Panasonic 65" Plasma
Zone #2 (Lanai): Denon HEOS Amp, Polk RC80i (x2), LG 43" LED DJ Studio: Event PS8's
post #2013 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester2374 View Post
I asked before but it got lost. One poster said that DV seems to be really nice SDR in terms of how it looks. As such, trying to figure out if the tech brains on here recommend [email protected] over DV on Apple TV 4k?
Set to 4k SDR, enable DV, and select match format and frame rate to content.
How about the HDMI output? YCbCr or RGB high or that doesn’t matter at all? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got my 85" this week. I'm very, very impressed and happy with it, although I came from a lower end 60" 4 year old Sony LCD so I guess it wasn't too difficult to impress me. But Impressed I am. It's incredible how insanely bright and colorful it is.

I haven't looked for any dead pixels yet (with a test pattern) but from what I can tell from simply watching various 4k and 1080p content, the panel I got is flawless. I was worried that content with black bars would annoy me if I got bleeding on the tops or bottom, but I see nothing but blackness to my admittedly novice eyes.

The challenge i've had so far is with HDR, enabling it on my HTPC (Nvidia gtx 1080) it seems to make things a lot worse on SDR content. Some parts of Windows 10 are normal, but web browsers are very dim and I have to crank brightness way up just to do basic browsing, but then colors are washed out a bit. I'm sure it's a Windows 10 thing though, the Xbox One doesn't seem to have this problem, so I'd appreciate any suggestions if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

As an aside, a GTX 1080 isn't nearly powerful enough to push a 4k TV in modern games at 60 FPS on high settings, but suspected as much going in and will stick to 1080p for now on newer games.
FocusedOne likes this.
post #2015 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by audeophyle View Post
Forgive me if I am missing something here but why don't you just run all the devices through your receiver? Then video out to the TV via HDMI main monitor out? Even better if your receiver employs ARC on the main video out in case you want to view content from within the TV (such as the Netflix app on the TV, etc.). You could purchase a universal remote if your concern is to control everything including audio with one remote. I use the Harmony companion (with included Hub) and it does the trick.
The receiver is not HDR passthru compatible....and I'm already upgrading a TV that some think doesn't 'need' to be upgraded...upgrading my receiver (especially when my prior receiver is still on the shelf) would be a tough sell at home...lol
post #2016 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by covsire View Post
Got my 85" this week. I'm very, very impressed and happy with it, although I came from a lower end 60" 4 year old Sony LCD so I guess it wasn't too difficult to impress me. But Impressed I am. It's incredible how insanely bright and colorful it is.

I haven't looked for any dead pixels yet (with a test pattern) but from what I can tell from simply watching various 4k and 1080p content, the panel I got is flawless. I was worried that content with black bars would annoy me if I got bleeding on the tops or bottom, but I see nothing but blackness to my admittedly novice eyes.

The challenge i've had so far is with HDR, enabling it on my HTPC (Nvidia gtx 1080) it seems to make things a lot worse on SDR content. Some parts of Windows 10 are normal, but web browsers are very dim and I have to crank brightness way up just to do basic browsing, but then colors are washed out a bit. I'm sure it's a Windows 10 thing though, the Xbox One doesn't seem to have this problem, so I'd appreciate any suggestions if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

As an aside, a GTX 1080 isn't nearly powerful enough to push a 4k TV in modern games at 60 FPS on high settings, but suspected as much going in and will stick to 1080p for now on newer games.
You can setup custom resolutions in the geforce control panel and then set game profiles to switch to that resolution, i suggest [email protected] for gaming, you will love how smooth it looks
Harbinger27 likes this.

Sony 85" 900F
Denon x4200w
BIC F12
6x Energy RC-10
DirecTV / Nvidia Shield / PS4 Pro / 1080 TI
post #2017 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
The receiver is not HDR passthru compatible....and I'm already upgrading a TV that some think doesn't 'need' to be upgraded...upgrading my receiver (especially when my prior receiver is still on the shelf) would be a tough sell at home...lol
Ahh ...that would explain it. Well the "right" way to do it would be to bring your receiver up to par. If WAF does not allow for it, then your said plan should work in theory. You should not have to use a repeater because CEC will allow you to control receiver volume with the TV remote. However, ARC is a slightly buggy technology and in my case I ended up throwing in the towel and running an optical cable for audio return from the TV. Other members on here have mentioned similar issues trying to get reliable sound from ARC. CEC always seemed to work well though.

Main: Sony X900F 85" LED, Denon AVRX7200WA, Klipsh RC64II, RF7II (x2), CDT5650 C II (x8), PSA 15V Sub, RSL Speedwoofer 10S Sub
Home Gym: AVR3312CI, RC62II , RF62 II (x2), Polk RC80i (x2), R112SW Sub, Panasonic 65" Plasma
Zone #2 (Lanai): Denon HEOS Amp, Polk RC80i (x2), LG 43" LED DJ Studio: Event PS8's
post #2018 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDeath View Post
For some reason these particular sets appear to not use the local dimming feature when entering Netflix (though it definitely does once you play content), hence it's normal to see clouding on the loading screen with the red N, but it should not be as bad as it looks in your pic. I also don't really see it in blank areas like that, only around the text in the other screens. However, it could just be the camera picking it up so that it appears worse than it is in person. If those pics are an accurate representation of what you're seeing in person then maybe it's a concern? FWIW personally I went through a couple different models before settling on the 900F and it has the best panel with better uniformity than the TCLs and Vizio I've had/seen, with the blooming being about the same as those sets. It's possible trying again in the panel lottery will yield better results.

Thanks for this info as I was experiencing the same thing and had wondered why. That explains it. Notice logo pic with lots of gray and even looks like banding, although not nearly as noticeable in person, accounts pic shows the much darker improved blacks I've become used to with this set!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180718_220234.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	2430036   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180718_220314.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	2430038  
ExDeath likes this.
post #2019 of 9118 Old 07-18-2018, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by audeophyle View Post
Ahh ...that would explain it. Well the "right" way to do it would be to bring your receiver up to par. If WAF does not allow for it, then your said plan should work in theory. You should not have to use a repeater because CEC will allow you to control receiver volume with the TV remote. However, ARC is a slightly buggy technology and in my case I ended up throwing in the towel and running an optical cable for audio return from the TV. Other members on here have mentioned similar issues trying to get reliable sound from ARC. CEC always seemed to work well though.
He'll lose out on lossless audio by connecting the devices to the TV and passing audio via ARC to his Onkyo AVR.
post #2020 of 9118 Old 07-19-2018, 02:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
A somewhat pricey solution is Transformative Engineering’s HDS-42AVR that is a 4K switcher with a separate audio feed for lossless audio. It’s also easier than buying a new AVR and re-doing all your connnections.

http://www.transformativeengineering...ect/hds-42avr/

This is the solution for 4K for Outlaw Audio’s older AVR’s, albeit at a price that is greatly reduced from there standard pricing. Lossless audio is really only applicable with a Blu-ray player. If you primarily stream or watch cable or satellite TV, then it’s not as great an issue for audio.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #2021 of 9118 Old 07-19-2018, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDeath View Post
For some reason these particular sets appear to not use the local dimming feature when entering Netflix (though it definitely does once you play content), hence it's normal to see clouding on the loading screen with the red N, but it should not be as bad as it looks in your pic. I also don't really see it in blank areas like that, only around the text in the other screens. However, it could just be the camera picking it up so that it appears worse than it is in person. If those pics are an accurate representation of what you're seeing in person then maybe it's a concern? FWIW personally I went through a couple different models before settling on the 900F and it has the best panel with better uniformity than the TCLs and Vizio I've had/seen, with the blooming being about the same as those sets. It's possible trying again in the panel lottery will yield better results.

Thanks for this info as I was experiencing the same thing and had wondered why. That explains it. Notice logo pic with lots of gray and even looks like banding, although not nearly as noticeable in person, accounts pic shows the much darker improved blacks I've become used to with this set! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Yes the netflix logo screen is the worst 🙂 But in the account screen, does the screen gets completely black or have some clouding/white zones? Also what is your picture settings in general while you use netflix? Maybe they are completely different from my settings. Thanks.
post #2022 of 9118 Old 07-19-2018, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertlucio View Post
Yes the netflix logo screen is the worst 🙂 But in the account screen, does the screen gets completely black or have some clouding/white zones? Also what is your picture settings in general while you use netflix? Maybe they are completely different from my settings. Thanks.

The account screen shows no noticeable clouding and the black is very dark.

I'm on cinema home
bright 12-30 depending on room light(was on 30 when pic was taken)

contrast max
black adj - off
adv contrast enhance - med
local dim - med

color temp expert 1, but do use warm at times
live color - high

I believe that's the only relevant settings.
post #2023 of 9118 Old 07-19-2018, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Im sure "calibrating" the TV would help, but out of the box Im woefully unimpressed with this TV (65x900f). My 7 year old Samsung 8000 has a much more vibrant display than this tv. I guess the best way to put it is the colors almost seem washed out or muted in some way. Just doesnt have the pop I would expect from a full array local dimming television. The Samsung in comparison is more crisp and clean than the Sony. Open to ideas.....the calibrations Ive seen online seem like such a PITA to apply and change depending on lighting conditions and inputs anyway.....ugh....frustrating.
post #2024 of 9118 Old 07-19-2018, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is it dark in your room? Because the auto dimming feature makes it look muted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #2025 of 9118 Old 07-19-2018, 04:39 PM

Ive fiddled with some of the input adjustments and gotten it much better. Ill make sure the auto dimming is turned off as well. Thanks.
glock115 and FocusedOne like this.
post #2026 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Long time lurker, I've finally got my set.

I'm happy with the purchase, despite that I have one dead pixel just above bottom border, but only situation when it's visible is HDR movie + subtitles and when I look at the bottom of TV. So I won't be wasting my time trying to win perfect panel in lottery.

PQ is great in bright and dim room, viewing angles are good. Input lag is good for 1080p sources when you use console, but it's not ok for connecting PC, so [email protected] is neccesary.

Android is sluggish sometimes, but manageable

I have a few questions

1. Do you guys use x-tended dynamic range fuction? Because I don't get it why use it instead of HDR?2. When watching HDR movie in dark room black bars are not inky black unfortunatelly (they are not overblown either). It's not a huge deal, I won't be watching movies in pitch dark room anyway, just tested it. But I would like to ask, is there any way to make it more like SDR content whre black bars are actually black? Or only option is to lower brightness slider, so highlights won't be as bright?
3. Is there any way to change subtitles color in netflix app? Again, not a necessity for me, since I don't usually watch movies with subtitles, but damn in HDR white subtitles can blind you!
post #2027 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerG View Post
Im sure "calibrating" the TV would help, but out of the box Im woefully unimpressed with this TV (65x900f). My 7 year old Samsung 8000 has a much more vibrant display than this tv. I guess the best way to put it is the colors almost seem washed out or muted in some way. Just doesnt have the pop I would expect from a full array local dimming television. The Samsung in comparison is more crisp and clean than the Sony. Open to ideas.....the calibrations Ive seen online seem like such a PITA to apply and change depending on lighting conditions and inputs anyway.....ugh....frustrating.
Post your full settings. The RTINGS recommended settings are abysmal with washed out colors and little clarity to the picture. Also - check the Sony 900E forum for the spreadsheet with multiple settings to adjust your picture. The two models are very close, spec wise.

I came from a Samsung 65” (UN65ES8000) and my Sony 900E has incredible colors with a razor sharp picture on Standard Mode. I’m in the process of swapping out my 75” 900E for a 900F while keeping my 49” 900E.

I assure you that you can get the pop you want with the right settings.

One very important recommendation - if you have cable or satellite, make sure that it is NOT upscaling any content before it gets to your Sony TV. In my case, that means setting my Comcast cable box to 720p. Even though that means downconverting 1080i to 720p - I still find this a better choice for the best picture quality.

It would be nice if you could always get just the native resolution for each channel from cable or satellite but that isn’t an option anymore.
Buckeye Dave likes this.

Home Theater Setup
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
post #2028 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I'm getting the blooming unless I watch HDR with brightness at like 7 which invalidates the entire reason of watching HDR. Does anyone have a recommendation that doesn't involve a bias light? Thanks!
post #2029 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Set to 4k SDR, enable DV, and select match format and frame rate to content.
Thanks. But to be clear, you're saying that by setting to 4k sdr match and match with DV it'll look better than 4k hdr?
post #2030 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
Post your full settings. The RTINGS recommended settings are abysmal with washed out colors and little clarity to the picture. Also - check the Sony 900E forum for the spreadsheet with multiple settings to adjust your picture. The two models are very close, spec wise.

I came from a Samsung 65” (UN65ES8000) and my Sony 900E has incredible colors with a razor sharp picture on Standard Mode. I’m in the process of swapping out my 75” 900E for a 900F while keeping my 49” 900E.

One very important recommendation - if you have cable or satellite, make sure that it is NOT upscaling any content before it gets to your Sony TV. In my case, that means setting my Comcast cable box to 720p. Even though that means downconverting 1080i to 720p - I still find this a better choice for the best picture quality.

It would be nice if you could always get just the native resolution for each channel from cable or satellite but that isn’t an option anymore.
Funny you should mention that - last night I changed my Directv wireless Mini from "Auto" to "Native" resolution output and the picture is now MUCH better. And yes, the Rtings and CNET calibrations look HORRIBLE on my TV, I mean HORRIBLE. I dont know WTF these guys are doing or what they consider a good looking picture.
post #2031 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post

I would be curious as to your settings as well. My replacement 900f was installed yesterday. I haven't made any changes yet to the "out of the box" picture, which actually looked very good.
post #2032 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
I would be curious as to your settings as well. My replacement 900f was installed yesterday. I haven't made any changes yet to the "out of the box" picture, which actually looked very good.
I think it was more the directv box settings than the tv settings - as mentioned above, I changed the output mode to Native and the picture improved dramatically. Ill still tweak it a bit, but much happier now.
FocusedOne likes this.
post #2033 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Went to the local BB to get the wife an Ipad so i got to stare at TVs for a while last night.

I was debating going the Vizio P route but man after drooling over the various size 900f models they had when I bite the bullet its gotta be a 900f.

They weren't receiving the same feed but its just a noticeable difference in pq.
Ricoflashback likes this.

Media Room= GoldenEar Supersat 60s/GE 60c/BP7004s/SuperCubeII/A-60s/Pio-SC-95
post #2034 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post

Hi LisaM -

As you said - the "out of the box" settings on the picture are actually pretty good.

Here is the definitive resource (IMHO) for the Sony 900E which is very close to the Sony 900F, in terms of specs. It was developed and maintained by johnbrooke26 with many user settings and it's been a great resource for everyone. The spreadsheet link is as follows:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You can see my settings under "Ricoflashback" - a little farther to the right as you scroll across. I really find a lot of the settings to be very close whether it be Cinema Home, Cinema Pro or even Standard. Where there is some disagreement is on the motion settings. I have everything turned off. The Sony 900F handles motion differently than the Sony 900E. There is a long discussion about dropped frames and judder with the Sony 900E on the 900E thread.

Motion is handled differently with the 900F versus the 900E - X Motion Clarity. And, the 900F has the X1Extreme Processor versus the 900E X1.

Here is a great comparison between the Sony 900E and Sony 900F that is available from the Sony website: https://www.sony.com/electronics/tv/...s?view=compare

Lastly - outside of purists and calibrators who believe that the ONLY settings should be calibrated as they are "objective" as opposed to "subjective" - I believe that there are really no wrong settings unless you wildly jack up the color or other features. To me, it's what works for your eyes - how the picture looks to you.

Which reminds me of one comment a poster made about his grandparents settings that he thought were too saturated and not "accurate." He went in and changed all the picture settings and then told them that this is how the picture should look. They weren't happy campers after the changes.

Above all - enjoy! Once you dial in the settings you like - - you get to focus on content and all the great benefits of Sony's upscaling and pristine picture.
astrohip, NTC, mrpickem and 2 others like this.

Home Theater Setup
post #2035 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerG View Post
I think it was more the directv box settings than the tv settings - as mentioned above, I changed the output mode to Native and the picture improved dramatically. Ill still tweak it a bit, but much happier now.

Yes, indeed. I wish I had the option of a "Native" setting my my Comcast cable box. We have a great deal for combined cable tv, internet and phone.

IMHO - the Sony "upscaling" engine is the best in the business. And remember - - 4K looks great on most TV's but the majority of your cable/satellite/OTA or over the air - antenna and even streaming content will be 720p, 1080i or 1080p with Bluray. That's where the Sony engine really makes a difference. I've said it before -- we have a TV that can do 180 mph but most of our sources are stuck in the 60 mph lane.
FocusedOne and PioneerG like this.

Home Theater Setup
post #2036 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmorgan23 View Post
Went to the local BB to get the wife an Ipad so i got to stare at TVs for a while last night.

I was debating going the Vizio P route but man after drooling over the various size 900f models they had when I bite the bullet its gotta be a 900f.

They weren't receiving the same feed but its just a noticeable difference in pq.
You'll really appreciate Sony's "upscaling" ability compared to all other TV's in it's price range. And, Netflix & Amazon Prime are stone cold gorgeous on the Sony TV's. Many folks do not like the native Android apps but I find them to provide the best picture quality over a third party media player like the Roku Ultra. I haven't tested the Apple 4K and there are many folks who really like that player, as well.

Home Theater Setup
post #2037 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamester2374 View Post
Thanks. But to be clear, you're saying that by setting to 4k sdr match and match with DV it'll look better than 4k hdr?
Yes, the interface will be 4K sdr, and the ATV will switch to either HDR or DV depending on the best version available. To me DV looks better than HDR. It may be a tad less bright sometimes, but much more tonally balanced IMO.
FocusedOne likes this.

Samsung 55" JS8500, 48" JS9000, 65" HU8550, 46" ES7100, 55" D8000 (RIP)

I Like Digital!
post #2038 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Yes, the interface will be 4K sdr, and the ATV will switch to either HDR or DV depending on the best version available. To me DV looks better than HDR. It may be a tad less bright sometimes, but much more tonally balanced IMO.
Thanks. Can you tell me a little about why thats the best route again just curious. Great rec thanks!
post #2039 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1629 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmorgan23 View Post

I'm right there with you.

Again today I went to my local Costco and looked at the 82" Samsung on sale and couldn't do it. Just have to pony up the extra cash for the 900f.

These are just my opinions.
post #2040 of 9118 Old 07-20-2018, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Well my 85" finally arrived yesterday and i spent a good amount of time getting everything setup. I have been really impressed with everything so far and can't wait to get some real time with it over the weekend.

Thanks Chris @ Cleveland plasma on the great deal and awesome panel, it really is something to behold.
oldcband and Harbinger27 like this.

Sony 85" 900F
Denon x4200w
BIC F12
6x Energy RC-10
DirecTV / Nvidia Shield / PS4 Pro / 1080 TI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
brightness , contrast , hdr , Sony , wifi , x900f , x900f appletv dolbyvision

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version