Samsung Upgrade Program - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Samsung Upgrade Program

Has anyone enrolled, or done extensive research, in/on the Samsung upgrade program for its new QLED TV’s? It seems like an interesting option for those who want the latest and greatest tech.
benboy12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,005
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12802 Post(s)
Liked: 12144
Not a good deal. Pass on it. You have to surrender the TV and they give you "up to 33% credit", which means you may get less than 33%.
ray0414 is offline  
post #3 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Not a good deal. Pass on it. You have to surrender the TV and they give you "up to 33% credit", which means you may get less than 33%.
Unless I missed something, I don’t see anything about returning the original TV. It even mentions that you can’t be caught selling TVs obtained through the program or you will get in trouble, which seems to lend support for the fact you don’t give them back.

http://www.samsung.com/us/tv-upgrade...nd-conditions/
benboy12 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,005
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12802 Post(s)
Liked: 12144
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy12 View Post
Unless I missed something, I don’t see anything about returning the original TV. It even mentions that you can’t be caught selling TVs obtained through the program or you will get in trouu80ble, which seems to lend support for the fact you don’t give them back.

http://www.samsung.com/us/tv-upgrade...nd-conditions/


You definitely have to give it back. Another poster found the fine print saying so but I don't have it on hand.
ray0414 is offline  
post #5 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
aydu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 3,939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Who pays for the return?
aydu is online now  
post #6 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu View Post
Who pays for the return?
I’m struggling to find anything that even mentions a return. I posted in the Samsung Community Forum, so I hope to find more details there.
benboy12 is offline  
post #7 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,005
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12802 Post(s)
Liked: 12144
I'll repost this and maybe he can chime in and seen if he figured it out. I know this program has some major asterisks and it can be canceled or changed at any time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100 View Post
Well, no re-reading the fine print even more, it may not just be a lease, it states a return policy, but not that you have to return the original set to get the credit...

Extremely confusing, just readint rhough the terms and conditions.

My viewpoint:

If it's a lease and you have to return the original set - obviously not worth it, you pay 66% of the depreciation basically on the original set in just 2 years.
If you own it after you upgrade, then it's definitely worth it. Not sure how they can track what you do with that tv at all...

Again caveat to the second part being hopefully they DONT cancel the program leaving you with 36 months of full payments on a fully retail price set...making you massively overpay for a set.
ray0414 is offline  
post #8 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 1174
According to their site, you get to keep your old tv: http://www.samsung.com/us/tv-upgrade/

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
sk373 is online now  
post #9 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 09:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I sent an email to them asking about this, below is the response they gave. You keep both TVs. I ordered a Q7FN and since they're the same price everywhere, I got it through Samsung because I may or may not take advantage of this in 2 years. At least the option is there.

"Thank you for contacting Samsung E-Commerce!

Appreciate your interest in Samsung products. I see that you are concerned about the Samsung TV upgrade program. If you buy a TV through Samsung financing on Samsung website or Shop Samsung app and have opted for TV upgrade then you can upgrade your TV after 24 Months and can purchase a new qualifying TV under the Upgrade Program for which you will receive a credit of up to 33% of the cost of your current TV. You can enjoy the latest Samsung TV and keep your current one. Besides, I would request you to please go through the link given below once to better understand about the upgrade terms and conditions
*I can't post a link so... samsung.com/us/tv-upgrade/terms-and-conditions
Hope you are satisfied with the given information.
Please let us know if you have any further queries, we would be happy to help you ahead.

Have a wonderful day ahead!!"
Wrathor is offline  
post #10 of 31 Old 03-31-2018, 11:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
eaadams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Northern California
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 63
It makes sense. You have to buy a TV of equal or more value and it has to be offered. So you really only want to do this if you plan to step up to a more expensive set later on. I worry about what will be offered, might be buying a wall, litteraly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
eaadams is offline  
post #11 of 31 Old 04-01-2018, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaadams View Post
It makes sense. You have to buy a TV of equal or more value and it has to be offered. So you really only want to do this if you plan to step up to a more expensive set later on. I worry about what will be offered, might be buying a wall, litteraly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It would be an interesting way to fill up your master and guest bedrooms with nice TV’s too
FrostByteLXV likes this.
benboy12 is offline  
post #12 of 31 Old 08-26-2018, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 8,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 370
If you have a Samsung account and go through the ordering process you get to a How Would You Like to Pay page. Here Samsung Upgrade and Samsung Financing are exactly the same. Same price, same terms, same 36 month 0% APR. I don't see why you would ever choose Financing over Upgrade.
Gary J is online now  
post #13 of 31 Old 08-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Newbie
 
TheDarkOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Clarification

I have spent the last 4 days trying to get clarification on this program, so I wanted to pass on what I've learned.

Essentially this is a way to get the latest Samsung TV at 33% off, every 2 years. It's a pretty good deal if you want to stay up on the latest Samsung technology and don't mind making monthly TV payments. Oh, and yes, you get to keep all the TV's, this is not an exchange program.

Here's how it works:

Hypothetical Scenario
1. You finance a qualifying TV for $3,000 through the Samsung website (your monthly payments would be $83.33, no interest for 36 months)
2. After paying 24 months, you notify Samsung that you want to upgrade. At this point you've paid $2,000, and still owe $1,000.
3. Samsung credits you 33% of the original amount ($1,000) which is applied to your current balance, paying it in full. That TV is yours to keep.
(repeat steps 1-3 indefinitely)

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll trying to clarify further.
TheDarkOne is offline  
post #14 of 31 Old 08-30-2018, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 4000' or sea level
Posts: 8,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 370
That's it. Like the old Verizon New every 2 iPhone trade-in except you keep the TV. Sounds good to me. I'll get a 8k in two years.
Gary J is online now  
post #15 of 31 Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Member
 
moodysj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Samsung upgrade program

On Samsung's website, just now saw the 2 year upgrade program. You can purchase a TV, finance it throught them for 3 years at 0% interest, then in 2 years you are eligible for an upgrade to a new TV. If you choose to upgrade, then will apply a 1/3 credit (1/3 of the original purchase price) towards the purchase of the new TV. Then the 2 year upgrade program starts all over again. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
moodysj is offline  
post #16 of 31 Old 02-08-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
maximuslcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trying to get to FL
Posts: 2,141
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I always pay for my toys in cash, I don't like to finance anything and have a monthly payment, regardless of 0% interest.
Wolfmanjohn and moodysj like this.

I work to live and live for the beach.
Amateur HT enthusiast.
Samsung 65KS8500/Onkyo 656 AVR, Dolby 5.1.2 Atmos, SVS primes,
Sharp Quatron 3D 60" Onkyo 705 Bonus room
Sharp Quatron 60" Bedroom
maximuslcd is offline  
post #17 of 31 Old 02-08-2019, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysj View Post
On Samsung's website, just now saw the 2 year upgrade program. You can purchase a TV, finance it throught them for 3 years at 0% interest, then in 2 years you are eligible for an upgrade to a new TV. If you choose to upgrade, then will apply a 1/3 credit (1/3 of the original purchase price) towards the purchase of the new TV. Then the 2 year upgrade program starts all over again. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
I am actually interested in this myself. I posted about 6-7 months ago, but I don’t think anyone had done this.

I think it’s pretty cool in theory because I believe pricing is the same as big box retailers. It just gives someone the option to upgrade to the latest model every couple of years for 33% off. It would be handy if you have you have spare rooms/man caves that you eventually want to furnish with TVs. Also spreading the hit to the bank account over a few years isn’t always a bad thing.
moodysj likes this.
benboy12 is offline  
post #18 of 31 Old 02-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Member
 
moodysj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post
I always pay for my toys in cash, I don't like to finance anything and have a monthly payment, regardless of 0% interest.
When you get new phones for yourself and the family, same applies or do you take advantage of financing them monthly through the plan?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
moodysj is offline  
post #19 of 31 Old 02-11-2019, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
maximuslcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trying to get to FL
Posts: 2,141
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysj View Post
When you get new phones for yourself and the family, same applies or do you take advantage of financing them monthly through the plan?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
I buy the phone outright, but I wouldn't really consider that a toy. These days having a cell phone is a necessity sadly.
I would have to study the Samsung plan you posted about, but somehow someway it's a benefit for them or they wouldn't offer it. It could be that they aren't making as high percentage off of you each time, but they are basically pre selling you a tv by ensuring themselves that you are going to buy another one in 2 years.

I work to live and live for the beach.
Amateur HT enthusiast.
Samsung 65KS8500/Onkyo 656 AVR, Dolby 5.1.2 Atmos, SVS primes,
Sharp Quatron 3D 60" Onkyo 705 Bonus room
Sharp Quatron 60" Bedroom
maximuslcd is offline  
post #20 of 31 Old 02-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd View Post
I buy the phone outright, but I wouldn't really consider that a toy. These days having a cell phone is a necessity sadly.
I would have to study the Samsung plan you posted about, but somehow someway it's a benefit for them or they wouldn't offer it. It could be that they aren't making as high percentage off of you each time, but they are basically pre selling you a tv by ensuring themselves that you are going to buy another one in 2 years.
The most interesting part of the whole deal is that they cut you 33% credit back for your old TV however they don't take the TV back, you keep it. Although, they said that the old tv should not be resold, I guess that is up to you to decide.
gocubs418 is offline  
post #21 of 31 Old 02-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Member
 
moodysj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Reading the fine print, some interesting issues arise. Firstly the no-resale of the original or the upgrade tv.

Next, it is not to your advantage to pay any extra over the minimum.

Then, is the 33% upgrade credit still subject to the monthly payment if you elect to upgrade after 24 months, or is that outstanding balance amount wiped away?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
moodysj is offline  
post #22 of 31 Old 02-12-2019, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysj View Post
Reading the fine print, some interesting issues arise. Firstly the no-resale of the original or the upgrade tv.

Next, it is not to your advantage to pay any extra over the minimum.

Then, is the 33% upgrade credit still subject to the monthly payment if you elect to upgrade after 24 months, or is that outstanding balance amount wiped away?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
From the way I read it, your outstanding balance is credited back up to 33% of your original financed amount 30 days after you purchase a new tv using a Samsung upgrade. (This means if you upgrade at 26 months vs 24 months, you would get less than 33% credited back because you don’t owe the full 33%).

This is the way the transactions would flow from my understanding. I am going to use $3000 as a purchase price for the example

Year 1: $3,000 (Buy TV)
Year 3: $1,000 (Balance after 2 years, No new TV)
Year 3: $4,000 (Balance after 2 years, plus new tv purchase)
Year 3 + 30 days: $3,000 (Balance of new TV only)
moodysj likes this.
benboy12 is offline  
post #23 of 31 Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysj View Post
Reading the fine print, some interesting issues arise. Firstly the no-resale of the original or the upgrade tv.

Next, it is not to your advantage to pay any extra over the minimum.

Then, is the 33% upgrade credit still subject to the monthly payment if you elect to upgrade after 24 months, or is that outstanding balance amount wiped away?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
From the way I read it, your outstanding balance is credited back up to 33% of your original financed amount 30 days after you purchase a new tv using a Samsung upgrade. (This means if you upgrade at 26 months vs 24 months, you would get less than 33% credited back because you don’t owe the full 33%).

This is the way the transactions would flow from my understanding. I am going to use $3000 as a purchase price for the example

Year 1: $3,000 (Buy TV)
Year 3: $1,000 (Balance after 2 years, No new TV)
Year 3: $4,000 (Balance after 2 years, plus new tv purchase)
Year 3 + 30 days: $3,000 (Balance of new TV only)
I don’t understand why some say this is a bad deal? As long as you opt to upgrade at exactly 2 years - you save 33% on the price you paid. Not to mention 0 interest. I too hate having debt but to save 33% that sounds great...

How is that a “bad” deal?
Noxn38 is offline  
post #24 of 31 Old 02-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxn38 View Post
I don’t understand why some say this is a bad deal? As long as you opt to upgrade at exactly 2 years - you save 33% on the price you paid. Not to mention 0 interest. I too hate having debt but to save 33% that sounds great...

How is that a “bad” deal?
Well, I think you said it with "I too hate having debt". I think people find it taboo to hold 0% debt as it usually is an instrument to entice consumers to overspend on technology that they cannot truly afford. For all the financial savants out there, it makes sense to take on 0% interest debt, sometimes.

I think the downside is that most likely you will have to buy the TV at the highest price in order to get the deal as well as enticing you to upgrade more frequently. In turn, you 33% back to go buy another TV at, most likely, the highest price point most likely. If you wanted to do this, I think staggering your purchase (if Samsung keeps the deal up there) by 3 months just in case Samsung delays a future launch and you can get in at a lower price, maybe.

IMO, "bad" deal, no. "unwise" deal, most likely.
gocubs418 is offline  
post #25 of 31 Old 02-13-2019, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxn38 View Post
I don’t understand why some say this is a bad deal? As long as you opt to upgrade at exactly 2 years - you save 33% on the price you paid. Not to mention 0 interest. I too hate having debt but to save 33% that sounds great...

How is that a “bad” deal?
Well, I think you said it with "I too hate having debt". I think people find it taboo to hold 0% debt as it usually is an instrument to entice consumers to overspend on technology that they cannot truly afford. For all the financial savants out there, it makes sense to take on 0% interest debt, sometimes.

I think the downside is that most likely you will have to buy the TV at the highest price in order to get the deal as well as enticing you to upgrade more frequently. In turn, you 33% back to go buy another TV at, most likely, the highest price point most likely. If you wanted to do this, I think staggering your purchase (if Samsung keeps the deal up there) by 3 months just in case Samsung delays a future launch and you can get in at a lower price, maybe.

IMO, "bad" deal, no. "unwise" deal, most likely.
Prices are inline with big box retailers, so you can get a cheaper price through Samsung upgrade if you wait. However you could probably get it cheaper through Greentoe or Buy Dig.

I think the appeal for 0% for me is that I get to keep that cash in the bank in case it’s needed for something else. Coming up with less than $100 a month for a top of the line QLED is less painful than dropping $3500 at one time. I guess that feeds into your point that 0% can cause one to buy a higher priced set than they normally would.

I’m a big tech fan and my tv gets used often not only through casual daily use, but also through movie and/or video game nights, I host regularly.

I could see the appeal of upgrading in a couple of years to an 8K model and moving the older model into another room or gifting it to a family member. It would basically treat your TV like a small utility bill, giving you the latest tech and not being as concerned with buying extended warranties as you know you would have a new TV within a couple of years.

I want to caveat this with I’m young, single, and have no kids. I make a decent living for my age and the area I live, so I have a little disposable income for stuff like this. I know this model is not the best or most practical for many people.
benboy12 is offline  
post #26 of 31 Old 02-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy12 View Post
Prices are inline with big box retailers, so you can get a cheaper price through Samsung upgrade if you wait. However you could probably get it cheaper through Greentoe or Buy Dig.

I think the appeal for 0% for me is that I get to keep that cash in the bank in case it’s needed for something else. Coming up with less than $100 a month for a top of the line QLED is less painful than dropping $3500 at one time. I guess that feeds into your point that 0% can cause one to buy a higher priced set than they normally would.

I’m a big tech fan and my tv gets used often not only through casual daily use, but also through movie and/or video game nights, I host regularly.

I could see the appeal of upgrading in a couple of years to an 8K model and moving the older model into another room or gifting it to a family member. It would basically treat your TV like a small utility bill, giving you the latest tech and not being as concerned with buying extended warranties as you know you would have a new TV within a couple of years.

I want to caveat this with I’m young, single, and have no kids. I make a decent living for my age and the area I live, so I have a little disposable income for stuff like this. I know this model is not the best or most practical for many people.
Oh I know those feelings. It really comes down to financial beliefs. ie spender vs saver.

I think the stereotype is generally if you are financing something, most likely you cannot afford it.

There are plenty of people who load up that BBY Credit card for 0%.
gocubs418 is offline  
post #27 of 31 Old 05-29-2019, 06:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Samsung TV Upgrade program - Anyone?

Seems potentially good or great. 36 payments, zero interest, 12 payments forgiven if you upgrade in 2 years AND you keep both TVs.

What’s the downside? (Outside of a hard credit inquiry)
cueball73 is offline  
post #28 of 31 Old 05-29-2019, 11:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ice Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 109
None, it just makes you want to buy a new TV in 2 years, which you may or may not need or want.
Ice Cold is offline  
post #29 of 31 Old 05-29-2019, 11:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have a feeling the FALD system and HDR will be worlds better in 2 years. So maybe for one purchase cycle I could try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post
None, it just makes you want to buy a new TV in 2 years, which you may or may not need or want.
cueball73 is offline  
post #30 of 31 Old 05-30-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ice Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball73 View Post
I have a feeling the FALD system and HDR will be worlds better in 2 years. So maybe for one purchase cycle I could try it out.
Same here, gonna buy low end Hisense this year. And next year buy a Samsung Q80R Level. Pay it off $44 a month for 2 years then switch to whatever’s on the market then. Just waiting for HDMI 2.1 the Q80R or Q8FN are widely regarded as the best TVs in their class, but they only have 40 Zones I expect in 3 years they will have 400 Zones or more.
Ice Cold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off