2018 Samsung Q7FN Owners thread - No price talk - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 146Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #661 of 716 Old 04-08-2019, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
ha. any type of light like that can cause exposure issues with a camera/phone. but nice try. it's amazing that twice you've defied the odds and gotten a perfect js8500 and a perfect Q7. Wonder what the odds of that are. you should play the mega millions daily.
what about the top of the frame where i have no lights at all? have you tried to photograph light bleed in a dark room, it's not something you can easily hide with auto exposure.

i went through plenty of TVs in my life so to get 2 decent performers is not a power ball by all means.

again, pick a scene, i'll turn all the lights off.
denpom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #662 of 716 Old 04-08-2019, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,176
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
i'm not trying to say that Q7 is a perfect TV (read the thread) or discredit anyone, i'm trying to help. people who got similar panels to the one you posted went ahead and exchanged them and got exactly the opposite results - a great SDR performance and decent HDR one. to post nonsense like "it has no dimming zones and lights up the whole screen for HDR" is what discrediting the whole thing, not me.
Seriously, ok ill let you tell it. I provided evidence to support the drawbacks of the q7, you have not provided anything to support yours. The Facts are that this set is edgelit not FALD and suffers from those limitations, it is not nonsense, their cold hard facts. Here is another pic...please let us know how this is nonsense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190210_214939.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	2550672  
sd13 likes this.

Last edited by Cam1977; 04-08-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #663 of 716 Old 04-08-2019, 09:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
Seriously, ok ill let you tell it. I provided evidence to support the drawbacks of the q7, you have not provided anything to support yours. The Facts are that this set is edgelit not FALD and suffers from those limitations, it is not nonsense, their cold hard facts.
yes, photographs are not evidence, sure.

it's a bottom lit TV, with about 20 zones. nobody's claiming its FALD nor that's performing like FALD. it has plenty of limitations, especially in HDR.

claiming that it's "edge lit that lights up the whole screen for HDR with permanent flashlights" is nonsense, however.

how many times do you have to post the same pic btw? i offered you a scene challenge, you resort to personal attacks instead.
denpom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #664 of 716 Old 04-08-2019, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,176
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
^how is it nonsense? I edited my previous post with yet another photo...try and debunk that. No one is attacking you, in fact i posted 1 photo with bias lighting and the second one with it off. Its ok you have the unicorn edge lit. In fact it was you who attacked the member who had an issue with the q7 by saying what he posted was false.
sd13 likes this.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #665 of 716 Old 04-08-2019, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,700
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
that's because my bias light is not bright at all. do you realize the blooming artifacts would be the first thing you'd see on those shots as they would be overexposed? but that's exactly how i see those scenes with my own eyes. are you claiming i'm "hiding" blooming/flashlighting with the camera? come on now.



it's a bottom lit TV, btw, with about 20 zones.
So you see OLED blacks on your edge lit. I'd get my eyes checked if i were you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cam1977 likes this.

65” Sony A9G (on order) | 65” Samsung Q90r | 55” LG C8 | 65” Sony Z9D (R.I.P.) | 55” Sony x850b. Denon s940e | Bose soundbar 700 | Apple TV 4K | Panasonic UB820 | PS4 | Xbox One X
sd13 is offline  
post #666 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
So you see OLED blacks on your edge lit. I'd get my eyes checked if i were you.
nobody's claiming "OLED blacks". in fact, if you check some of the pics you might notice slightly elevated black bars (which are not distracting with normal viewing) and that's one of the HDR problems with this TV (the black bars light bleed is not nearly as bad as on 900F for example though).

all i wanted to demonstrate is that the claims that this TV doesn't have any local dimming and constantly displays flashlights in all 4 corners are fundamentaly wrong and this TV IS capable of performance according to it's specs (bottom lit TV with about 20 zones) if there's nothing wrong with your unit. more so, people in this very thread were able to exchange theirs and get way better performance than their original purchase.

but sure, go ahead attack me and my pictures that serve as a proof of what i'm stating here (trust me, i'll be the first to return it if it was performing like your only pic and claims).

why are you even here if you love your OLED so much, nothing is going to change your mind about "edge-lit" TVs at this point anyway.
denpom is offline  
post #667 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
The camera is intentionally vignetting the dark detail even to an extent where the actual bias light on the edges of the screen is getting crushed.
one more correction: it's not vignetting anything, that's where my light actually ENDS (it goes across the cabinet stand and not the TV).

look at those dark scenes carefully, if you know the movie you'll relaize nothing is crushed on those pics at all. you can even see the back of the room, where the frame ends and begins etc.

any extensive bleed and flashlighting would be immediately overexposed.

Last edited by denpom; 04-09-2019 at 07:21 AM.
denpom is offline  
post #668 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,176
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
nobody's claiming "OLED blacks". in fact, if you check some of the pics you might notice slightly elevated black bars (which are not distracting with normal viewing) and that's one of the HDR problems with this TV (the black bars light bleed is not nearly as bad as on 900F for example though).

all i wanted to demonstrate is that the claims that this TV doesn't have any local dimming and constantly displays flashlights in all 4 corners are fundamentaly wrong and this TV IS capable of performance according to it's specs (bottom lit TV with about 20 zones) if there's nothing wrong with your unit. more so, people in this very thread were able to exchange theirs and get way better performance than their original purchase.

but sure, go ahead attack me and my pictures that serve as a proof of what i'm stating here (trust me, i'll be the first to return it if it was performing like your only pic and claims).

why are you even here if you love your OLED so much, nothing is going to change your mind about "edge-lit" TVs at this point anyway.
The fact that you keep arguing this is mind boggling, the photos I provided show the limitations of the Q7. It simply struggles with high contrast scenes. Again you are trying to debunk because it doesnt fit your narrative. It would be misleading to potential new members to tell them otherwise.
sd13 likes this.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #669 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
The fact that you keep arguing this is mind boggling, the photos I provided show the limitations of the Q7. It simply struggles with high contrast scenes. Again you are trying to debunk because it doesnt fit your narrative. It would be misleading to potential new members to tell them otherwise.
single photo vs the whole thread? it doesn't fit your OLED crusade (or whatever high horse you're on) and YOUR narrative. your statements ARE misleading to new members, true.
denpom is offline  
post #670 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,176
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
^lol, this is definitely not an oled crusade...but find your remarks amusing. Please explain to everyone on here how my pictures are not the norm? Did samsung figure out how to solve clouding on the Q7 How are my remarks false and misleading? I provided evidence in the form of a high contrast photo and you did not. Members need to know the limitations of this set and should absolutely not think that this set performs like a FALD because IT DOES NOT, whether you like it or not. Lastly when you say whole thread...look at the post count its not like there is a ton of traffic on here

Last edited by Cam1977; 04-09-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #671 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^lol, this is definitely not an oled crusade...but find your remarks amusing. Please explain to everyone on here how my pictures are not the norm? Did samsung figure out how to solve clouding on the Q7 How are my remarks false and misleading? I provided evidence in the form of a high contrast photo and you did not.
i provided multiple pics (that you conveniently continue to ignore), you provided one. i asked to give me any scene of your choice so i could provide even more pics. i listed shortcomings of this set in HDR, you keep on pedalling nonsense about constant blooming and flashlighting. dude, we get it, you hate this TV, move on, get an OLED and be happy.
denpom is offline  
post #672 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Member
 
brianjonespfk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
denpom do you have any photos of ACTUAL dark scenes in HDR mode with no Bias lighting? I'm on my 2nd Q7FN and it looks just like Cam's does in Slenderman in dark scenes on HDR content. (as did my first set which is why I had it replaced)

All the photos you posted from Interstellar are pretty high brightness scenes in comparison, and both my sets have done as well as yours looks in those pics. But in actual dark scenes, it does look just as bad as the photos Cam has posted.
brianjonespfk is offline  
post #673 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjonespfk View Post
denpom do you have any photos of ACTUAL dark scenes in HDR mode with no Bias lighting?
those are pretty dark scenes from HDR version of Interstellar. the movie has always been a torture test due to it's grading but suddenly, when somebody posts good results, it's not anymore and it's all me hiding it with my camera and barely existing bias lighting. pay attention to the "mute" led light of the soundbar that's clearly visible due to auto exposure (the pics are not under exposed), any kind of clouding or flashlighting would be impossible to hide, bias light on not, in those conditions. it doesn't really matter though because according to some people we should be seeing blooming, clouding and flashlighting in all scenes.

like i said, i'm willing to take pics of any scene of anyone's choice with no lights at all. pick anything from sci-fi titles, if you want.
denpom is offline  
post #674 of 716 Old 04-09-2019, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,176
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
i provided multiple pics (that you conveniently continue to ignore), you provided one. i asked to give me any scene of your choice so i could provide even more pics. i listed shortcomings of this set in HDR, you keep on pedalling nonsense about constant blooming and flashlighting. dude, we get it, you hate this TV, move on, get an OLED and be happy.
Lol, ok, I actually never bashed the Q7 other than its HDR performance, I actually gave you two movies Prometheus, and Alien Covenant. Slender Man was a huge example of my point. Im not pedalling anything except stating facts that you seem to keep spinning. I dont know why you keep bringing up OLED, this must be your only push back but its falling flat, considering I own a 75Q8FN. I went through 2 Q7's and both exhibited the same issues that you keep denying. Like I stated before, its a good sdr and gaming tv, but it struggles with HDR especially High Constrast scenes, thats right High Contrast scenes not all scenes, these are facts not nonsense or any other colorful metophor you choose to use. I will respectfully end this topic with you as this is becoming a pointless discussion.🙂

Last edited by Cam1977; 04-09-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #675 of 716 Old 04-10-2019, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
denpom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,727
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1176
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticGrand View Post
Here are some pictures of this garbage TV playing some random HDR video on youtube.
een.
this is some random garbage TV playing a random HDR video on YouTube.

the stand looks nothing like Q7FN.
denpom is offline  
post #676 of 716 Old 04-10-2019, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,176
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Liked: 3458
^why dont you post those exact scenes, and btw make sure local dimming is on high like its supposed to be. Cosmos Laundromat...just in case you didnt know.
sd13 likes this.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #677 of 716 Old 04-10-2019, 09:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
this is some random garbage TV playing a random HDR video on YouTube.

the stand looks nothing like Q7FN.
Lol desperation at it's finest. It's a universal stand from Amazon to lower it as much as possible since the TV's intended use is PC/Console on a desk.

You can clearly see the Samsung logo as well as where the factory Samsung screen protector get's peeled on the top left.

Thanks for confirming the TV is garbage though.
sd13 likes this.
FantasticGrand is offline  
post #678 of 716 Old 04-16-2019, 07:35 PM
Member
 
CurryStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anybody have any opinions on the curved model, the Q7CN? My living room Samsung, the UN60eh6000, has died on me and I'm in the market for a new 65" Samsung. I will mainly use this TV for watching Dish Network, Fire TV, and some blu-ray movies. I don't have any stores around me that have TVs that I can actually go watch to see how they perform (the closest is 40 miles away at a Best Buy but they have really cut down on the amount of TVs they're currently showing off) so I have to go by recommendations and online reviews and chance it by ordering online.

I see where the Samsung QN65Q7CN is at a pretty good price on Amazon right now so I wanted to get some insight from people who actually own it. I guess I'm trying to decide if the cost savings for buying this model is worth it or should I just spend the extra money and get the Q8 or the Q70/Q80. My living room is very narrow so bad viewing angles is not a big issue for me. The PQ doesn't have to be mind-blowing or anything but I would like for it to be a very noticeable upgrade over my old UN60eh6000. Any advise would be really appreciated.
CurryStorm is offline  
post #679 of 716 Old 04-17-2019, 10:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Number_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 35
FWIW, I understand that a couple of days ago Samsung released a new firmware ("version 1251") for QLED models which may improve (but not necessarily "fix") the issues with brightness fluctuating when subtitles are on-screen. Anyone try it out?
Number_6 is offline  
post #680 of 716 Old 04-17-2019, 10:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
FWIW, I understand that a couple of days ago Samsung released a new firmware ("version 1251") for QLED models which may improve (but not necessarily "fix") the issues with brightness fluctuating when subtitles are on-screen. Anyone try it out?
Where did you see this? Just got my 75Q7FN set up today and all I see anywhere is 1202.3.
SerBronnJames is offline  
post #681 of 716 Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Number_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerBronnJames View Post
Where did you see this? Just got my 75Q7FN set up today and all I see anywhere is 1202.3.
Maybe it's just for Euro models. At the link below (from the UK Samsung website), it's listed as version 1251.0, with a date of April 15. Look under the "downloads" area. Don't know if this firmware works for models sold in the USA or other countries.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE75Q7FNATXXU/
Number_6 is offline  
post #682 of 716 Old 04-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've had this tv for a couple of months, overall generally happy, but have noticed some color banding, or whatever you call it in dark scenes, as well as startup screens like CBS All Access. Last nights GOT was hard to watch, as the darkness in the background was different shades of black that would move. I don't know if that's color banding or called something else, but does anybody know of a setting I could adjust? Backlight is at 30, and all digital enhancements are off like HDR+ and contrast enhancer.
huey645 is offline  
post #683 of 716 Old 05-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I just bought this tv recently and i’ve researched this question but can’t find an answer to. When this TV goes into HDR mode is it supposed to automatically optimize the settings meaning max out the backlight and other settings for the widest color gamut or does it just keep the same settings that I previously calibrate it to? I’m coming from an owner of a Samsung JS9000 quantum dot tv and that tv the HDR mode automatically maxes out the backlight and contrast. However, with the Q7 i don’t see the settings changing that much. I do see a color pop but I’m wondering if something is off because the backlight only goes up a bit and the contrast stays the same. Now if I use the fake HDR+ mode everything comes to life even better than straight HDR mode. Is something off?

Samsung UN65JS9000 l Samsung QLED Q7FN | DENON X3400H | Roku Ultra

Last edited by mrjr101; 05-03-2019 at 05:13 PM.
mrjr101 is offline  
post #684 of 716 Old 05-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Newbie
 
busynow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
got new update 1251
anyone know whats new ?
busynow is offline  
post #685 of 716 Old 05-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 482
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Firmware 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by busynow View Post
got new update 1251
anyone know whats new ?
Samsung never releases any particulars, just the same boilerplate description year after year on their Owner Support (firmware download) web pages. But you can read some non-model specific anecdotal feedback here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...51/td-p/596594
busynow likes this.
4K Tech is offline  
post #686 of 716 Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Member
 
kayizm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Q7FN 75 + Yamaha RX-A780 +One Connect

Hello folks,

A lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. Your knowledge is much appreciated. This is my issue. I just mounted my new Q7FN and I decided to pair it with a Yamaha RX-A780 receiver. I also have a Amazon 4k fire cube. The problem is, I dont know how to connect my devices to my receiver or the one connect box. I am totally lost. During setup, the Q7FN doesnt recognize the receiver or the 4k fire cube. Where do I place the HDMI cables?

Help........LOST!!!!
kayizm is offline  
post #687 of 716 Old 05-14-2019, 06:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayizm View Post
Hello folks,

A lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. Your knowledge is much appreciated. This is my issue. I just mounted my new Q7FN and I decided to pair it with a Yamaha RX-A780 receiver. I also have a Amazon 4k fire cube. The problem is, I dont know how to connect my devices to my receiver or the one connect box. I am totally lost. During setup, the Q7FN doesnt recognize the receiver or the 4k fire cube. Where do I place the HDMI cables?

Help........LOST!!!!
You would connect each of the devices with an HDMI cable to each port of the One Connect Box and that's all you need to do for the TV to recognize your devices.

Samsung UN65JS9000 l Samsung QLED Q7FN | DENON X3400H | Roku Ultra
mrjr101 is offline  
post #688 of 716 Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Got a 75" and very pleased with the video quality overall, but having a problem with certain HDR content. On Apple TV Blade Runner 2049 in 4K HDR is so dark that in the opening scene with Dave Bautista I can barely see anything. I've noticed this in dark scenes in Netflix HDR shows as well. Backlight is maxed, ST.2049 gamma maxed to 3, contrast 50, brightness at 0 because it just washes it out when I turn it up. The problem is fixed if I turn the Contrast Enhancer to High, but the processing involved in that gives me terrible artifacts and flashing in dark scenes. Most everything else can get eye searingly bright, but dark HDR scenes seem to lose all detail in the darkness. Any suggestions?
SerBronnJames is offline  
post #689 of 716 Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hey guys, finally got this unit 55" , finish setting it up and i am very happy with the picture quality. But after some testing in a dark room at night, i notice there is a brighter area on the bottom left of the screen.
I don't know what it is called, i can only see it when I test it with black or very dark image and with the backlight is on. is it a known issue or a defect unit?
I know it is not a backlight bleed, but the area on the bottom left is noticeably brighter causing uneven blacks. any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
weks is offline  
post #690 of 716 Old 05-20-2019, 06:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
here is what i mean http ://tinypic.com/r/2s1kpw9/9
weks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2018 , q7fn , qled , Samsung , uhd

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off