2018 Samsung Q7FN Owners thread - No price talk - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 146Likes

post #751 of 765 Old 10-08-2019, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 1180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millicurie999 View Post
Does anyone know if this is some kind of auto-setting thing or it is an actual glitch?
4k HDR material (as well as any individual input) has it's own set of settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 765 Old 10-08-2019, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoniums View Post
Any opinion is welcome.
looks excessive, do you see the same clouding while watching regular material and not loading screens? return or exchange if it bothers you.
post #753 of 765 Old 10-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpom View Post
4k HDR material (as well as any individual input) has it's own set of settings.
Thanks for your input. This part makes sense. But in my case, I was using ATV to watch Netflix, navigating in and out of the same series, just switching to different episodes. When I went out to the main ATV menu and went back to the "affected" episode, the settings would revert back to the original numbers. So in the end, it's the same show but the TV randomly switches to a different contrast/brightness settings, when for example, ep5 ends and autostarts ep6. I will try to post screenshot from home tonight if I see this again.

A broader issue is has anyone else experienced problems in advanced menu switches settings randomly? Once in a while, my screen would get "white-washed" (right description?) and changing settings didn't help much. I would have to unplug the TV for it to go back to normal. Maybe I should just do a factory reset but I hate to re-customize from scratch.

Other than these minor annoyance, I am generally pretty happy with this TV, specially after the local dimming-subtitle problem seems to have improved. Hope it does not get worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 765 Old 10-09-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millicurie999 View Post
Thanks for your input. This part makes sense. But in my case, I was using ATV to watch Netflix, navigating in and out of the same series, just switching to different episodes. When I went out to the main ATV menu and went back to the "affected" episode, the settings would revert back to the original numbers. So in the end, it's the same show but the TV randomly switches to a different contrast/brightness settings, when for example, ep5 ends and autostarts ep6. I will try to post screenshot from home tonight if I see this again.
again, if the show is 4k HDR, sometimes Netflix would have a handshaking issue and start streaming in SDR (one set of settings). restarting it or further loading while playing might help to stream it in HDR (another set of settings). regarding the 2nd part of your post, it's confusing what issue you're reporting. i suggest you factory reset and pay attention to your every input/source material when and how the TV switches between settings.
post #755 of 765 Old 10-10-2019, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Crickets about my FiOS issue. I guess it must be unique to my setup. I’ll investigate.

I have another problem though. I set up my CD/DVD player (Oppo UDP-215) to be controlled via both the Samsung remote and Logitech harmony. But when I want to listen to a CD, the Oppo turns on the TV (unwanted). If I turn the TV off, the Oppo turns off. Is there some way to avoid this?
post #756 of 765 Old 10-10-2019, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by intermediatic View Post
Crickets about my FiOS issue. I guess it must be unique to my setup. I’ll investigate.

I have another problem though. I set up my CD/DVD player (Oppo UDP-215) to be controlled via both the Samsung remote and Logitech harmony. But when I want to listen to a CD, the Oppo turns on the TV (unwanted). If I turn the TV off, the Oppo turns off. Is there some way to avoid this?
I set the CEC in the Oppo to limited. I think that helped.
post #757 of 765 Old 10-10-2019, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoniums View Post
Hi everyone

i bought a 75q7FN 4-5 months ago and i revently saw the following details.

I am wondering if this is normal or not.

Samsung customer service is going to send a technician to check it but .... how will he since the issue is mostly visible in the nights...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/107B...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/107-...w?usp=drivesdk

What do you think?

Some Photos

This is not normal. This is what mine was doing but on the left side of screen and worse at the bottom. I called Samsung and they replaced my TV with a Q80r. It was pretty painless and customer service was great but did take almost 2 months to get the replacement finally delivered because at first they wanted to replace panel then called and said they didn’t have anyone in my area to do the work. Then they offered to replace with another Q7FN then called back and said they were out of stock. They then offered me a q70 but I told them those were a step down and I asked if I could get a Q80 and they agreed immediately. They communicated with me through text messages after the initial call to them to report my issue which made it easy to negotiate with them. Got the Q80r last week and it is a HUGE improvement in picture over the Q7. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #758 of 765 Old 10-15-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Hi everyone, I recently received the 65Q7FN as a replacement from Square trade to replace Samsung 65JS8500 that had excessive light bleed. This TV is so much better then the JS8500. So far so good.

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch KLF10 (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB81II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1227096
post #759 of 765 Old 10-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Squaretrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post
Hi everyone, I recently received the 65Q7FN as a replacement from Square trade to replace Samsung 65JS8500 that had excessive light bleed. This TV is so much better then the JS8500. So far so good.
Also getting Monday a replacement 65Q7FN for my bummed out light bleed 65JS8500....I'm so ready after the 2 week ordeal with ST.
post #760 of 765 Old 10-17-2019, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by smickie500 View Post
Also getting Monday a replacement 65Q7FN for my bummed out light bleed 65JS8500....I'm so ready after the 2 week ordeal with ST.
The Q7 is so much better then the Js8500.

My set up: Samsung UN82nu8000 LED TV, Marantz SR7012, Emotiva XPA3, Sony UBP-X800
Roku 4k Premier, Panamax MR4000, 2 Marantz MA-500U, Klipsch KLF10 (L/R),
RC62II (center), R-1650-W (surrounds), RB81II (Rear Surrounds),
Monoprice 6.5" in ceiling speaker (top front/rear), Two Klipsch R-10SW subwoofer
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1227096
post #761 of 765 Old 10-22-2019, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Guys, can you please help me? I have the Q7FN in 55" and I was going through the menu, trying to set it up with my consoles and I'm missing the "Game mode settings". In the external device manager, there are the usual options like "HDMI UHD Color", "HDMI Black level" and "Game mode". But this option can only be turned on and off. In all the videos on YouTube I saw that there should be game mode settings like "Game motion plus" and "Freesync". Also, in "Auto motion plus" there should be "Blur reduction" and "Judder reduction" and I only have the Judder option.
I have the Nintendo Switch and the original PS4..maybe these options will only show up only with PS4 PRO and XBOX ONE X?
post #762 of 765 Old 10-26-2019, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei_borovina View Post
Guys, can you please help me? I have the Q7FN in 55" and I was going through the menu, trying to set it up with my consoles and I'm missing the "Game mode settings". In the external device manager, there are the usual options like "HDMI UHD Color", "HDMI Black level" and "Game mode". But this option can only be turned on and off. In all the videos on YouTube I saw that there should be game mode settings like "Game motion plus" and "Freesync". Also, in "Auto motion plus" there should be "Blur reduction" and "Judder reduction" and I only have the Judder option.
I have the Nintendo Switch and the original PS4..maybe these options will only show up only with PS4 PRO and XBOX ONE X?
You should definitely have those options. Are you sure you don't have a Q7F (2017) edition?
post #763 of 765 Old 10-27-2019, 02:47 AM

I have been wondering myself that since it was an opened box TV. But the serial number is Q7FNATXX and I have ambient mode on it, which I know is a feature only on 2018 and 2019 models. Also, the stand is straight and on the 2017 model it was in an angle
post #764 of 765 Old 10-27-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei_borovina View Post
Hi andrei borovina, some possibility that might cause this:
- HDMI source input set to PC (change to GAME, etc... or edit name)
- HDR + mode is enabled (turn it OFF)
- HDMI cable (try a different HDMI cable)
- try to reset TV
post #765 of 765 Old 10-29-2019, 01:32 PM

Yeah...tried all the above without success, except resetting the TV. I'll eventually get around to do that as well and let you guys know if it worked. Fingers crossed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
2018 , q7fn , qled , Samsung , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page