2018 Samsung NU8000 Owners Thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 151Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1381 of 1630 Old 05-06-2019, 04:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hello everyone, it has been a while but I'm back! I have this TV hooked up to the pioneer 932 AVR. I run my xbox one X and nintendo switch through the pioneer. Something I noticed (not sure if it has always been this way) is that it ALWAYS shows a 4k HDR signal when i check source no matter the content.

This should not be the case as those settings should auto adjust for HDR content (it makes switching between shows on prime a real pain). Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is the AVR causing it?

TV and AVR are up to date on firmware.

Secondary question, are you all using the RGB PC xbox one x setting and black level low on TV, or do you leave that at standard/normal? (lots of contradicting info on this on the web)

Thanks!
munnster006 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1382 of 1630 Old 05-06-2019, 06:38 AM
Member
 
Holmes108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I found the RGB seeing to be far too dark. Made some games unplayable for me.

Also I run my Xbox right into the tv (using ARC to the receiver) and even then my tv always shows 4k as the resolution no matter what as well.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Holmes108 is offline  
post #1383 of 1630 Old 05-06-2019, 08:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
Well after getting my hopes up by disabling Instant On in the service menu and hearing a lot less static popping from the TV for the past 4 days, things came to an abrupt end this morning as the popping sound came back in full force with up to 8 pops per minute for the first 20 minutes or so. I was so bummed out as I had truly thought, at least in my case, that disabling Instant On had made a positive difference.

So now I have absolutely zero idea why the set was so quiet for 4 days and now suddenly back to the way it was originally. Whatever the reason, there's no way I'm hanging onto it any longer and will be returning it tomorrow. The question is, do I give the NU8000 a third chance and look for a different panel version on the side of the box before repurchasing and hope for the best, since the set was quite decent overall visually?



That stinks - Have not really noticed much of a change from my set since disabling Instant On unfortunately. I am well outside my return period as I have had the tv for close to a year and will unfortunately have to live with it unless I can come up with a solution or Samsung figures it out...
mbliss11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1384 of 1630 Old 05-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbliss11 View Post
That stinks - Have not really noticed much of a change from my set since disabling Instant On unfortunately. I am well outside my return period as I have had the tv for close to a year and will unfortunately have to live with it unless I can come up with a solution or Samsung figures it out...
How long had you owned it before you first started hearing the pops?
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1385 of 1630 Old 05-06-2019, 10:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quick question. Is there any way at all to rollback to a previous firmware version or has Samsung screwed us in not being able to do so? The only so-called solution I've seen posted is a link to the SamyGO website but you have to donate to "possibly" get the information.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1386 of 1630 Old 05-07-2019, 05:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes108 View Post
I found the RGB seeing to be far too dark. Made some games unplayable for me.

Also I run my Xbox right into the tv (using ARC to the receiver) and even then my tv always shows 4k as the resolution no matter what as well.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
I think the constant 4k UHD resolution is a bug. My first update I did in October or so was working fine, showing downscaled games and SDR content correctly. Sometime in the last few months this changed.
munnster006 is offline  
post #1387 of 1630 Old 05-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Member
 
Holmes108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by munnster006 View Post
I think the constant 4k UHD resolution is a bug. My first update I did in October or so was working fine, showing downscaled games and SDR content correctly. Sometime in the last few months this changed.
Makes sense. I've only had it a couple months so I wouldn't know different.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
Holmes108 is offline  
post #1388 of 1630 Old 05-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Member
 
rrldtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
55nu8000

I just got a new 55NU8000 with the version number CA05 on the box from Costco. Do I really need to care about the version number?
rrldtx is offline  
post #1389 of 1630 Old 05-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrldtx View Post
I just got a new 55NU8000 with the version number CA05 on the box from Costco. Do I really need to care about the version number?
Speaking for myself, the only reason I care about the version number is the simple fact that I'm currently on my 3rd 55NU8000 as of yesterday due to popping sounds on my previous 2. I bought mine at Costco here in Canada, and the new version is the same as yours with a manufacturing date of Feb. 2019. My previous set was FB04 but I honestly can't remember what the first set was. It might've been CA01? Whatever the case, the biggest annoyance for me was the constant static type pops but after one day with this new set I haven't heard a single one. Hopefully that's a good sign???

I've also tested this one for DSE and vertical banding and so far so good in being barely noticeable so fingers crossed it works out this time. How's yours so far?
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1390 of 1630 Old 05-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
How long had you owned it before you first started hearing the pops?

I purchased mine April of 2018 and I started noticing the pops in November or December of 2018. They have been going on since. Have actually heard 3 since writing this set has been on for about 30 mins now.
mbliss11 is offline  
post #1391 of 1630 Old 05-07-2019, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Murilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,086
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 66
The ticking or popping seems to kick in whenever it gets an hdr signal, sdr my set really does not do it.

Its almost more like a loud click for me, its driving me nuts, but nothing this size at this price point can compare and i have no other issue's with it, it is such a stupid thing to be happening.

Has nobody had there set repaired by a samsung tech that actually fixed or found the issue?
Murilo is offline  
post #1392 of 1630 Old 05-08-2019, 07:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbliss11 View Post
I purchased mine April of 2018 and I started noticing the pops in November or December of 2018. They have been going on since. Have actually heard 3 since writing this set has been on for about 30 mins now.
Well that sucks to hear. Have you contacted Samsung about the issue and if they'd do anything about it for you? I'm now on set number 3 which I picked up on Monday and as of this morning heard my first pop and now at least 6 since turning on the TV 15 minutes ago. Doesn't any company manufacture an excellent quality mid-priced TV anymore? It's almost sickening what the standards are these days with how much vertical banding, DSE, blooming, and evidently popping are allowed and considered to be acceptable according to the manufactures. I'm honestly at a loss now at what to do though as I'm sure as hell not going to buy another one of these sets. 3 attempts is enough.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1393 of 1630 Old 05-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
Well that sucks to hear. Have you contacted Samsung about the issue and if they'd do anything about it for you? I'm now on set number 3 which I picked up on Monday and as of this morning heard my first pop and now at least 6 since turning on the TV 15 minutes ago. Doesn't any company manufacture an excellent quality mid-priced TV anymore? It's almost sickening what the standards are these days with how much vertical banding, DSE, blooming, and evidently popping are allowed and considered to be acceptable according to the manufactures. I'm honestly at a loss now at what to do though as I'm sure as hell not going to buy another one of these sets. 3 attempts is enough.

Yep - I have had tech come out numerous times. Replaced power board, attempted to replace main board but their replacement was a dud and it still did the ticking even with the bad board. Samsung was reluctant to switch the panel out because they believed that it would still have the issue. I do think that it is a panel design flaw.



Have this documented on Samsung's forum here as well:


https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...426860/page/13


It is a shame. Very curios to see if the RU8000 suffers from the same issue
mbliss11 is offline  
post #1394 of 1630 Old 05-08-2019, 07:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbliss11 View Post
Yep - I have had tech come out numerous times. Replaced power board, attempted to replace main board but their replacement was a dud and it still did the ticking even with the bad board. Samsung was reluctant to switch the panel out because they believed that it would still have the issue. I do think that it is a panel design flaw.



Have this documented on Samsung's forum here as well:


https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...426860/page/13


It is a shame. Very curios to see if the RU8000 suffers from the same issue
Thanks for the link as it helps to prove just how bad this noise popping issue is and I'm sorry to hear that servicing your set didn't help at all.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1395 of 1630 Old 05-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsantucci View Post
I'll give it a shot if you continue to have luck. Keep me posted!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I think about 99% of my motion issues are sorted now when watching cable TV. Any native streaming apps on the TV do NOT have any motion issues at all, its just when watching cable for me)
Sports are perfect, movies are perfect, TV shows are perfect, for the most part.

The only issue I am seeing now with motion enabled is on anything that has panning or jerky cameras, like any reality show that uses handheld cameras (my wife watches pretty much all of the real housewife shows, and the bachelor, etc ). What I notice here is, for the first millisecond when the camera changes view, there is a momentary stutter and then its fine for the rest of the scene until the camera changes again, almost as if its trying to catch up?

I will go ahead and assume that this is just an inherent flaw in either the TV or in the way these shows are filmed? Regardless of which motion setting I choose, auto, custom with blur 10/judder 6, etc, it is there.
saiyanzzrage is offline  
post #1396 of 1630 Old 05-09-2019, 02:18 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello guys !

Receiving my 82“ this saturday.

Am going to wall mount it but I can't find any info about where are located the vesa screws behind the TV.

Could someone give me the measurements so I can install my wall mount while waiting for the tv ? Would be super Nice.
P1ngou1n is offline  
post #1397 of 1630 Old 05-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Member
 
rrldtx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
Speaking for myself, the only reason I care about the version number is the simple fact that I'm currently on my 3rd 55NU8000 as of yesterday due to popping sounds on my previous 2. I bought mine at Costco here in Canada, and the new version is the same as yours with a manufacturing date of Feb. 2019. My previous set was FB04 but I honestly can't remember what the first set was. It might've been CA01? Whatever the case, the biggest annoyance for me was the constant static type pops but after one day with this new set I haven't heard a single one. Hopefully that's a good sign???

I've also tested this one for DSE and vertical banding and so far so good in being barely noticeable so fingers crossed it works out this time. How's yours so far?
Making room this weekend by removing my 11 yo 50" Sony SXRD which made lots of pops and creeks due to the heat from the bulb. It had a good run - I can't complain. I can't imagine that this set will be anywhere near as loud!
rrldtx is offline  
post #1398 of 1630 Old 05-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
wader2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Looking for a deal on a 4K blueray player to pair with a 75NU8000.



At the moment looking at the Sony UBP X800 and X700 models. Since the TV doesn't support DolbyVision it seems the X800 would be fine. The X700 however is generally cheaper. It doesn't have Bluetooth, but what do folks use Bluetooth for anyway on a BR player?

Not sure I really even need the streaming apps or wireless functionality - aren't the apps on the TV better or at least as good as?



I found renewed versions of the X800 for $150 and $170....seriously looking at this.



Is there another model out there that would suit my needs at lower price? I definitely need the 2 HDMI's as my Yamaha AVR doesn't support 4K.


Comments/Advice appreciated!
wader2k is offline  
post #1399 of 1630 Old 05-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Member
 
sfsilicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader2k View Post
Looking for a deal on a 4K blueray player to pair with a 75NU8000.



At the moment looking at the Sony UBP X800 and X700 models. Since the TV doesn't support DolbyVision it seems the X800 would be fine. The X700 however is generally cheaper. It doesn't have Bluetooth, but what do folks use Bluetooth for anyway on a BR player?

Not sure I really even need the streaming apps or wireless functionality - aren't the apps on the TV better or at least as good as?



I found renewed versions of the X800 for $150 and $170....seriously looking at this.



Is there another model out there that would suit my needs at lower price? I definitely need the 2 HDMI's as my Yamaha AVR doesn't support 4K.


Comments/Advice appreciated!
I use the Samsung apps for streaming. They work pretty well and much faster access vs turn8ng external device on. Lots of content on YouTube and it looks like Samsung is betting on bluray 4k dying so the TV has you covered.

Not sure what your quality expectations are or if you like to game, but xbox one s is a good player and well in the 170 range. Maybe cheaper on eBay or craigslist. I use one with my 75"nu8000 and don't have any complaints. Upgradeabilty of the bluray player is nice (sort of like with PS3) and Microsoft is motivated to make the Xbox the center of you home entertainment. If you have kids or you like to game you get a free console too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
sfsilicon is offline  
post #1400 of 1630 Old 05-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
wader2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsilicon View Post
I use the Samsung apps for streaming. They work pretty well and much faster access vs turn8ng external device on. Lots of content on YouTube and it looks like Samsung is betting on bluray 4k dying so the TV has you covered.

Not sure what your quality expectations are or if you like to game, but xbox one s is a good player and well in the 170 range. Maybe cheaper on eBay or craigslist. I use one with my 75"nu8000 and don't have any complaints. Upgradeabilty of the bluray player is nice (sort of like with PS3) and Microsoft is motivated to make the Xbox the center of you home entertainment. If you have kids or you like to game you get a free console too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'll have to look into the XBox One S - don't know anything about them as I've always been hardcore PC gamer... 8^)
wader2k is offline  
post #1401 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
SLUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader2k View Post
Looking for a deal on a 4K blueray player to pair with a 75NU8000.



At the moment looking at the Sony UBP X800 and X700 models. Since the TV doesn't support DolbyVision it seems the X800 would be fine. The X700 however is generally cheaper. It doesn't have Bluetooth, but what do folks use Bluetooth for anyway on a BR player?

Not sure I really even need the streaming apps or wireless functionality - aren't the apps on the TV better or at least as good as?



I found renewed versions of the X800 for $150 and $170....seriously looking at this.



Is there another model out there that would suit my needs at lower price? I definitely need the 2 HDMI's as my Yamaha AVR doesn't support 4K.


Comments/Advice appreciated!

Have you thought about upgrading your AVR to get a 4K AVR? You can get a great deal buying a new AVR model from 2017 or 2018 compared to the 2019 models. Not much has changed from 2017 to 2019 and you can pick up a comparable receive for half the price.

2017
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY1YTMJ/ref=emc_b_5_t

vs

2019
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V68...tronics&sr=1-2
SLUDGE is offline  
post #1402 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
 
wader2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLUDGE View Post
Have you thought about upgrading your AVR to get a 4K AVR? You can get a great deal buying a new AVR model from 2017 or 2018 compared to the 2019 models. Not much has changed from 2017 to 2019 and you can pick up a comparable receive for half the price.

2017
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XY1YTMJ/ref=emc_b_5_t

vs

2019
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V68...tronics&sr=1-2
It's on the list.. but the budget doesn't support everything on the list right now. I have the 673 and the 683 would be nice.



What I have works for now tho as I don't think I'm missing any functionality.
wader2k is offline  
post #1403 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Member
 
sfsilicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader2k View Post
I'll have to look into the XBox One S - don't know anything about them as I've always been hardcore PC gamer... 8^)
They have some nice games. Ive bought sw battlefront 2 and pick up cheap used games from gamestop if cheap enough. My kids play minecraft on it.

Just google "best bluray player" and you'll find the xbox in a lot of the best lists. Its below the x700 and x800 but again it depends on your quality needs. In theory SW players can be improved to match or beat any HW players.

Xbox One X is better since it plays 4k games but the One S is much cheaper.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
sfsilicon is offline  
post #1404 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
srw1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,089
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Can anyone confirm whether or not the NU8000 is compatible with universal IR remotes?

I did a web search, hoping to find an answer, but found nothing. Skimmed through this thread, and found users that were using their Harmony remotes with it, but some of the Harmony remotes have RF functionality, so that doesn't quite answer the question. I did find a review on Best Buy that said it wasn't compatible with universal remotes, but then again that's just a Best Buy review. I looked at the information on the Samsung site, and didn't find anything, and even opened up a chat window there to ask one of the techs (a useless process, due to either lack of knowledge, or a communication issue).

I have a URC MX-780 for our living room, and just want to make sure it will operate this TV; I have no interest in having another remote laying around or using an app on a phone or tablet.

Thanks for any answers,

Scott

srw1000 is offline  
post #1405 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by srw1000 View Post
Can anyone confirm whether or not the NU8000 is compatible with universal IR remotes?

I did a web search, hoping to find an answer, but found nothing. Skimmed through this thread, and found users that were using their Harmony remotes with it, but some of the Harmony remotes have RF functionality, so that doesn't quite answer the question. I did find a review on Best Buy that said it wasn't compatible with universal remotes, but then again that's just a Best Buy review. I looked at the information on the Samsung site, and didn't find anything, and even opened up a chat window there to ask one of the techs (a useless process, due to either lack of knowledge, or a communication issue).

I have a URC MX-780 for our living room, and just want to make sure it will operate this TV; I have no interest in having another remote laying around or using an app on a phone or tablet.

Thanks for any answers,

Scott
Do you have a store close by with an NU8000 on display that you could try to sync with your remote? Just a thought.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1406 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
wader2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsilicon View Post
I use the Samsung apps for streaming. They work pretty well and much faster access vs turn8ng external device on. Lots of content on YouTube and it looks like Samsung is betting on bluray 4k dying so the TV has you covered.

Not sure what your quality expectations are or if you like to game, but xbox one s is a good player and well in the 170 range. Maybe cheaper on eBay or craigslist. I use one with my 75"nu8000 and don't have any complaints. Upgradeabilty of the bluray player is nice (sort of like with PS3) and Microsoft is motivated to make the Xbox the center of you home entertainment. If you have kids or you like to game you get a free console too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Now that I think about it, it seems the HDMI Arc back to the AVR only supports DD.. not DTS or anything higher. That was the one downside I found with this TV(and missing dolbyvision).

Therefore the sound might be improved by using apps on a 4K BR player.
Am I thinking correctly here?
wader2k is offline  
post #1407 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just purchased the NU8000 82 inch beast, yesterday from Sams, got a Mother’s Day special price $1999.99. It took me a lot of work to finally have it mounted on my wall. I turn it on click on Netflix sign in and the black profile screen is displayed. I’ve got huge flashlighting from all four corners about 12 inches on each towards the center. I called Samsung sent pictures to them. There’s no service tech available in my area so they’re sending a “Dish Now” store tech to look at it. They said I need to take it off the mount. It’s 102lbs, we barely got it up there...Am I wasting my time? Should I just take it back to Sams and get a replacement?
BeardedRhino is offline  
post #1408 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Member
 
sfsilicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by srw1000 View Post
Can anyone confirm whether or not the NU8000 is compatible with universal IR remotes?



I did a web search, hoping to find an answer, but found nothing. Skimmed through this thread, and found users that were using their Harmony remotes with it, but some of the Harmony remotes have RF functionality, so that doesn't quite answer the question. I did find a review on Best Buy that said it wasn't compatible with universal remotes, but then again that's just a Best Buy review. I looked at the information on the Samsung site, and didn't find anything, and even opened up a chat window there to ask one of the techs (a useless process, due to either lack of knowledge, or a communication issue).



I have a URC MX-780 for our living room, and just want to make sure it will operate this TV; I have no interest in having another remote laying around or using an app on a phone or tablet.



Thanks for any answers,



Scott
I believe so. I used my older js8500 profile to control the nu8000 via my harmony hub. Also was able to turn on/off using samsung ir remote. Can say for your specific remote.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
sfsilicon is offline  
post #1409 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
SLUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedRhino View Post
I just purchased the NU8000 82 inch beast, yesterday from Sams, got a Mother’s Day special price $1999.99. It took me a lot of work to finally have it mounted on my wall. I turn it on click on Netflix sign in and the black profile screen is displayed. I’ve got huge flashlighting from all four corners about 12 inches on each towards the center. I called Samsung sent pictures to them. There’s no service tech available in my area so they’re sending a “Dish Now” store tech to look at it. They said I need to take it off the mount. It’s 102lbs, we barely got it up there...Am I wasting my time? Should I just take it back to Sams and get a replacement?
I would let Dish Now people look at it while its on the mount. If they can't fix it exchange it for another one at Sams.
SLUDGE is offline  
post #1410 of 1630 Old 05-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
SLUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader2k View Post
Now that I think about it, it seems the HDMI Arc back to the AVR only supports DD.. not DTS or anything higher. That was the one downside I found with this TV(and missing dolbyvision).

Therefore the sound might be improved by using apps on a 4K BR player.
Am I thinking correctly here?
You are right. I purchased an XBOX One X so I could enjoy all the fancy sound surround (DTS, Dolby Vision, Atmos, etc) and connected it to my new AVR. After several months I found myself only using the XBOX 1 for Blurays, DVDs and gaming. I use the TV (using the HDMI Arc) for all my streaming APPs (Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube) and the Dolby sound surround still is fantastic. I think most people (including myself) can't really hear the difference between all the different type of sound surround.

Last edited by SLUDGE; 05-12-2019 at 05:29 PM.
SLUDGE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off