2018 Samsung NU8000 Owners Thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 145Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 1505 Old 05-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedeadmandead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedeadmandead View Post
I contacted Samsung. They told me to disconnect everything from the TV. Then turn off the TV while on by pulling the power plug. Then let it rest for a few minutes. Then connect everthing,

Interesting...I thought the technician was crazy...but the large DSE pattern in the center is almost completely gone.

My whites are back to pure whites in the center,


In addition, I decided not to use my roku but the built in apps for youtubetv.

So far so good. I got 90 days to return...thanks to Costco. Looks like a keeper for sure.

I might recommend doing the same thing. Turn off the TV by killing the power at the plug not the TV remote.

Not perfect like my plasma...which has perfect

There is update to the software which I am waiting for. I have 1204 but I think some motion stuff needs a bit more fixing. I get some stuttering

Thinking of all those OLED folks that spent a fortune on their TV only to have banding and burn in... Before I buy my 75 inch...I wait until somone can make the perfect Tv.
I am done with my TV. No support from Samsung at all. I sent them pictures but no response.

It is clear that the center of the screen is slightly darker. On sports (hockey and soccer) and blue sky movements its apparent,

On still shots with white background, you can see a darker or yellow like tint in the center.

Rtings said this panel has a low DSE, but not my panel which is version AD06.

I going to pack it up and bring it back to Costco within my 90 days.


If anyone has this TV run this test and when it pans let me know if you see DSE. And freeze the pan at five seconds into the video. On my screen the white clouds look yellow tinted a bit.


___://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRGUkxrwdeU
Did the test dse in middle but unfortunately no one can see it but me the technician see nothing wrong with it just lost 900$
Omar Magdy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 1505 Old 05-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
The time display in the NU8000 service menu is in minutes, so are you saying it has 377,280 minutes of usage time? If so, that's equivalent to about 4 or 5 years of average screen time. So I hope you got one heck of a deal.
Yep, 377,280 minutes+ of usage time. I paid $350 for it before taxes and the 5 year warranty, for the final price of $483. Mind you this TV is in a bedroom, so it won't be used a ton. I am still a tad worried about the longevity of this particular unit given its extensive usage time already.
cinetic is offline  
post #1443 of 1505 Old 05-23-2019, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Thedeadmandead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinetic View Post
I just finally upgraded from my Panasonic P42G10 to an open box, floor/store demo Samsung NU8000 49". I opened up the service menu and found out it has 262 DAYS of on time! I did buy the Best Buy protection plan for 5 years, and the TV doesn't have any visible issues, but what are the downsides to having a TV that has been on for so long?
I believe the 49 inch uses an IPS panel versus VA for the other series.

I hope you got a good price since Costco will give you 4 years (when paid with their visa card)

Also 90 day return policy versus best buys 14 day policy
Thedeadmandead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1444 of 1505 Old 05-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Member
 
Thedeadmandead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Magdy View Post
Did the test dse in middle but unfortunately no one can see it but me the technician see nothing wrong with it just lost 900$
I would speak with a supervisor and show pictures and if they dont move on it I would report them to the BBB and file a complaint. If that does not work, then I file small claims court action. A judge will see it your favor if you can show this is not standard performance.

NEVER EVER GIVE UP.....

Why do I know....I returned a car and got a new one from Chevy with a better engine. Getting your TV corrected is a piece of cake.
Thedeadmandead is offline  
post #1445 of 1505 Old 05-24-2019, 10:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
A good reason to hang onto the NU8000. It's definitely had its issues, especially with the popping/ticking noise, but if you've lucked out and got a set with hardly any of that and overall decent uniformity then I'd simply say to try and be happy with what you've got for the money spent as the 2019 RU models actually appear to be a step backwards.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ru8000

I'm currently on my 3rd NU8000 and going into my 3rd week all I can say is that I think I've finally lucked out and will be satisfied as long as the popping noise stays away this time. Here's hoping.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1446 of 1505 Old 05-25-2019, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
One your 3rd tv. wow. I may return a tv once if something is that bad. If there is another issue, on to another brand or model.


Anyway.


Anyone have a full list of all the post calibrated best settings? my 82" will be here on monday.
macdizzle77 is offline  
post #1447 of 1505 Old 05-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdizzle77 View Post
One your 3rd tv. wow. I may return a tv once if something is that bad. If there is another issue, on to another brand or model.


Anyway.


Anyone have a full list of all the post calibrated best settings? my 82" will be here on monday.
55" isn't that much of a hassle to return and then setup again since I can do it alone. 65"+ would probably be a different story and outcome.
This link will probably give you the best settings to start with and then you can adjust them to your liking. When it comes to calibration, every set will be slightly different mainly due to panel variations which there appear to be a lot of these days unfortunately.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sa...u8000/settings
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1448 of 1505 Old 05-26-2019, 01:23 AM
Member
 
snakechile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!


Speaking of the auto dimming feature built in Samsung TV, i want to ask a question for the people using the NU8000 with videogame consoles.


Do you notice any automatic brightness changes, when you move a camera on a videogame? Specially when doing it slowly.


Thank you.
snakechile is offline  
post #1449 of 1505 Old 05-26-2019, 06:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I love all the complaints about the "smart" tv features.

People are willing to buy a 2-7k tv but won't get an amazon fire stick or an apple tv for like $150 bucks that does all that does a far better job in the first place.



I can't wait for this thing to arrive tomorrow. Some of you seem to be a tad on the super anal side. Which probably shouldn't surprise me, you frequent an online board that specifically discusses tv's. Hell, I love my electronics too.



I will be happy to post what I think of my new 82 inch that I paid a total of $2164.99 for

Since I am comparing it to an 7 year old (or so) Panasonic p65vt50 (paid 3k). Which has been great. It will be interesting.


If it sucks, back off to best buy it goes, no big deal. An oled would be a no brainer for me, I'm just not paying 4k right off the bat if this is good enough (and a bigger size).

Last edited by macdizzle77; 05-26-2019 at 06:42 AM.
macdizzle77 is offline  
post #1450 of 1505 Old 05-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakechile View Post
Hi!


Speaking of the auto dimming feature built in Samsung TV, i want to ask a question for the people using the NU8000 with videogame consoles.


Do you notice any automatic brightness changes, when you move a camera on a videogame? Specially when doing it slowly.


Thank you.
The only brightness change I've noticed while gaming is if for example I pan the camera down from the sky towards the ground, say in a game like Ghost Recon Wildlands, it will be bright but then darken slightly but I think that's more to do with the contrast enhancer (which I use in gaming) kicking in more than anything to do with the TV's auto dimming feature. Overall for gaming I don't think I could be much more satisfied.

When I use it as a PC monitor, I have noticed the screen suddenly dim slightly after a bit of time, usually on a white background but for me that isn't a deal-breaker at all as at least it doesn't keep going back and forth. I actually had a C8 OLED for a while and I definitely noticed a lot more brightness fluctuations with that set just as an example.
snakechile likes this.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1451 of 1505 Old 05-27-2019, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
How can I find out how many minutes/hours are on the tv?

Just got my best buy delivery. There was no plastic on the screen, though the tv was packaged looking like new.

hmm
macdizzle77 is offline  
post #1452 of 1505 Old 05-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdizzle77 View Post
How can I find out how many minutes/hours are on the tv?

Just got my best buy delivery. There was no plastic on the screen, though the tv was packaged looking like new.

hmm
Unfortunately the only way to find out how many minutes are on the TV is via the service menu which I believe you can only access with an older Samsung remote with the numbers on it or possibly with a smartphone service menu app that I personally have not tried. An older remote is what I've used with no problems.

The 3 new TV's I've gone through have had no extra plastic protection on the screen but just 2 sticky panels running vertically over the screen, one on each side to help prevent pressure damage when lifting and mounting it. There should be plastic you can peel off around the entire frame of the TV.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1453 of 1505 Old 05-27-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
yankeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
Posts: 2,963
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Approx how many minutes/hours are these sets good for? I am retired and home most of the time, and the tv is on about 10 - 11 hours every single day!!!

never take life seriously
yankeeman is offline  
post #1454 of 1505 Old 05-27-2019, 02:36 PM
Member
 
musicman0725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshime316 View Post
Thiis latest update ver. 1251 has fixed the missing info bug and blank screen for me.

The bug was when I turn on the tv ww
ith the remote the screen wouls just be blank sometimes and you need to turn it off and on again with the remote.

The other bug is when you press the middle button on the remote to show the info on top to reveal if hdr uhd is enabled(hdmi1 ps4 is my default), sometimes there would be no info at all now it just works prefectly so far.
I've noticed one of the bugs that you've mentioned on my dad's NU8000 with the latest firmware (v1251 firmware). The info banner displays either wrong information about the source content or only says HDMI UHD Color with no information about the source resolution.
musicman0725 is online now  
post #1455 of 1505 Old 05-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
Unfortunately the only way to find out how many minutes are on the TV is via the service menu which I believe you can only access with an older Samsung remote with the numbers on it or possibly with a smartphone service menu app that I personally have not tried. An older remote is what I've used with no problems.

The 3 new TV's I've gone through have had no extra plastic protection on the screen but just 2 sticky panels running vertically over the screen, one on each side to help prevent pressure damage when lifting and mounting it. There should be plastic you can peel off around the entire frame of the TV.
Thank you for that.

I had the thin plastic piece around the edge, then the two big pieces on the left and right.


I thought there was supposed to be a thin film over the whole screen. I was wrong.
macdizzle77 is offline  
post #1456 of 1505 Old 05-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
replacing the hdmi cables, even though I think mine are all high speed.


I'm curious if it is suggested that I route my apple tv straight to the tv or through my marantz receiver?


For some reason I can't get the apple tv to go to a 4k HDR output. Just a 4k SDR output.

Update: Ok so routed the apple tv 4k right to the tv. But now can't get sound out of my home theater speakers.

I guess the only alternative is to use the optical.

Last edited by macdizzle77; 05-27-2019 at 06:48 PM.
macdizzle77 is offline  
post #1457 of 1505 Old 05-28-2019, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Is this normal ?

https://ibb.co/L8HGhyB
https://ibb.co/wzFPvyz
https://ibb.co/crMTkqm
https://ibb.co/1Z2hhXM
https://ibb.co/kxyh93k
https://ibb.co/TqTh407

And in the video check the sound the tv make
In 26 seconds
In 46 seconds
In 1 min 13 sec
In 1 min 33 sec

https://youtu.be/5c0lxzntJRI
Omar Magdy is offline  
post #1458 of 1505 Old 05-28-2019, 10:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Magdy View Post
Is this normal ?

https://ibb.co/L8HGhyB
https://ibb.co/wzFPvyz
https://ibb.co/crMTkqm
https://ibb.co/1Z2hhXM
https://ibb.co/kxyh93k
https://ibb.co/TqTh407

And in the video check the sound the tv make
In 26 seconds
In 46 seconds
In 1 min 13 sec
In 1 min 33 sec

https://youtu.be/5c0lxzntJRI
No to both. I hope you can return and/or exchange your set as that center uniformity issue is quite bad and the ticking/popping noise is totally unacceptable. Welcome to the TV lottery draw where it's now a flip of the coin in what you're going to end up with.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1459 of 1505 Old 05-30-2019, 01:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is anybody else's NU8000 producing this high frequency humming when it's turn off.
Miroslav Brebric is offline  
post #1460 of 1505 Old 05-30-2019, 06:29 AM
Member
 
Celso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures View Post
Unfortunately the only way to find out how many minutes are on the TV is via the service menu which I believe you can only access with an older Samsung remote with the numbers on it or possibly with a smartphone service menu app that I personally have not tried. An older remote is what I've used with no problems.

The 3 new TV's I've gone through have had no extra plastic protection on the screen but just 2 sticky panels running vertically over the screen, one on each side to help prevent pressure damage when lifting and mounting it. There should be plastic you can peel off around the entire frame of the TV.

I also just bought the 82 inch in China. Unfortunately there is only Chinese apps on the TV, no Netflix or whatever, wish i could change that but unlikely. I have an Nvidia Shield for that. Went into the service menu and tried to change the region as all regions are in there but all i found was that i could change the languages, it has a lot of different languages in it for the different regions.

Anyway I found there is another way to check how many minutes are on the TV, far simpler than the service menu. Connect your TV to Samsung SmartThings on your phone, click on your TV, like when you see the remote on screen. Click on the 3 dots in the top right of the screen and click on information. It shows how many minutes it has.

As far as remotes i only need to up the volume on my AVR but use an Alexa dot through a Harmony Hub Activity to turn on the TV (+AVR and Shield). Alexa turn on TV and all goes on and off, highly recommended
Celso is offline  
post #1461 of 1505 Old 05-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celso View Post
I also just bought the 82 inch in China. Unfortunately there is only Chinese apps on the TV, no Netflix or whatever, wish i could change that but unlikely. I have an Nvidia Shield for that. Went into the service menu and tried to change the region as all regions are in there but all i found was that i could change the languages, it has a lot of different languages in it for the different regions.

Anyway I found there is another way to check how many minutes are on the TV, far simpler than the service menu. Connect your TV to Samsung SmartThings on your phone, click on your TV, like when you see the remote on screen. Click on the 3 dots in the top right of the screen and click on information. It shows how many minutes it has.

As far as remotes i only need to up the volume on my AVR but use an Alexa dot through a Harmony Hub Activity to turn on the TV (+AVR and Shield). Alexa turn on TV and all goes on and off, highly recommended
Thanks for letting us know there's a simpler way to find out how many minutes the TV has been on for. It should be a TV menu option in the first place, like it was with the LG I tried. I personally dislike allowing my TV to connect to apps or the network so I'll be sticking to the service menu option when and if I need to go back in again. Thanks again though for the info.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1462 of 1505 Old 05-30-2019, 03:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey all, so I know how to enable/disable HDR for my HDMI inputs, but the question I have is, is there a way to disable HDR for the native streaming apps? I watch mostly netflix, and whenever show is in HDR, I hate it (DARK). I have played with settings and contrast enhancer high, but i dont love the artificial enhancement. It looks much better to me in 4k as opposed to 4k HDR. Is this possible?

Other question is, if I watch netflix through another source (roku, etc) will it be brighter? I am reading alot that it seems to be an issue with the native netflix app on the tv?
saiyanzzrage is offline  
post #1463 of 1505 Old 05-30-2019, 10:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage View Post
Hey all, so I know how to enable/disable HDR for my HDMI inputs, but the question I have is, is there a way to disable HDR for the native streaming apps? I watch mostly netflix, and whenever show is in HDR, I hate it (DARK). I have played with settings and contrast enhancer high, but i dont love the artificial enhancement. It looks much better to me in 4k as opposed to 4k HDR. Is this possible?

Other question is, if I watch netflix through another source (roku, etc) will it be brighter? I am reading alot that it seems to be an issue with the native netflix app on the tv?
I've had no problem at all with picture quality watching Netflix in HDR through my Xbox One X. I haven't used the TV's Netflix app so I can't comment on that.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1464 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 03:15 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wow, what a great community. I have posted 2 questions about tv and no one even dignified to tell me to go f.... myself. Great help, thx!
Miroslav Brebric is offline  
post #1465 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 04:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroslav Brebric View Post
Is anybody else's NU8000 producing this high frequency humming when it's turn off.
no


and go **** yourself
Celso likes this.
macdizzle77 is offline  
post #1466 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 05:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdizzle77 View Post
no


and go **** yourself

That's all I wanted to hear!
Miroslav Brebric is offline  
post #1467 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Is there any international email that i can complain too about Samsung customer service in my country?
Omar Magdy is offline  
post #1468 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Number_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroslav Brebric View Post
Is anybody else's NU8000 producing this high frequency humming when it's turn off.
I happened to be looking at NU8000 customer reviews and I remember one review on Amazon (I think) where a customer complained of a "squealing sound" when it was off.

Is there any indication that the "ticking" or "clicking" problem got fixed or improved on the more-recently-built units? Does anyone have a "quiet" NU8000 in 55", or are they all like that?
Number_6 is offline  
post #1469 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 02:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
I happened to be looking at NU8000 customer reviews and I remember one review on Amazon (I think) where a customer complained of a "squealing sound" when it was off.

Is there any indication that the "ticking" or "clicking" problem got fixed or improved on the more-recently-built units? Does anyone have a "quiet" NU8000 in 55", or are they all like that?
I'm just over 3 weeks into my 3rd 55" NU8000, build date of Feb. 2019 with a CA05 version panel and yes I still hear the occasional click at times, but nowhere near as often or as noticeable as the other 2 sets I've returned. I'm still uncertain though if it's a capacitor or power supply issue, or simply the cheap plastic/metal parts heating up and cooling down creating the sounds??? The main thing that drove me up the wall with the Vizio and Sony and LG sets I tried was the very noticeable vertical banding/jail bars that I clearly saw especially while gaming, but none of them had the clicking noise.

So unless something drastic happens over the next 2 months, thank you Costco for a great return policy, I'll most likely take the chance and hang onto this set. It's been great for gaming, computer use, movies, and the upscaling is also quite good when watching regular cable programming. I still say overall it's one of the best sets for the money both video and audio wise, but unfortunately has been plagued with that annoying clicking sound issue. I'd say to give it a shot, and if you're not happy to simply return it.
handheldpictures is offline  
post #1470 of 1505 Old 05-31-2019, 03:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
I happened to be looking at NU8000 customer reviews and I remember one review on Amazon (I think) where a customer complained of a "squealing sound" when it was off.

Is there any indication that the "ticking" or "clicking" problem got fixed or improved on the more-recently-built units? Does anyone have a "quiet" NU8000 in 55", or are they all like that?
haven't heard a single click
macdizzle77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off