2018 Vizio P-Quantum 65" PQ65 owners thread ** No Price Talk - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2201Likes

post #2821 of 5753 Old 09-27-2018, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD1225 View Post
“ like I said lowering the backlight fald to low fixes this issue but makes the picture way to dark. “

Try using FALD on low and lowering the gamma.
Thanks for the response, thats actually what I ended up doing and as I said it takes care of the issue (almost completely), was just curious as I have not heard to many complaints about this and it seems pretty prevalent in all the movies i have watched (only a couple of scenes is it noticable in the movies I have watched) with fald set to medium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 5753 Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keabrown79 View Post
Quote:
Ok so I tested several different things tonight...

Doesn't seem like anyone can really say if their set is changing the backlight in game mode with an HDR source so i had to do some testing tonight across all inputs minus HDMI 5

HDMI 1 -> Game Mode -> HDR Game on PS4 or XBOX One
* When game starts and puts the tv into HDR mode info says it's in HDR10, the local dimming goes from low to medium and the gamma goes
from 2.1 to 2.2 but the backlight level does not change to the default 50 for HDR10 or Dolby Vision

HDMI 1 -> Calibrated -> HDR Game on PS4 or Xbox One
* When game starts it puts the tv into HDR mode displaying HDR10, local dimming goes from low to medium, gamma stays at 2.1 and backlight
goes from 60 to 50

HDMI 1 -> Calibrated Dark -> HDR Game on PS4 or Xbox One
* When game starts it puts tv into HDR mode displaying HDR10, local dimming goes from low to medium, gamma stays at 2.2 and backlight
goes from 30 to 50

To one of the above posts about the BFI I think it is still there in HDR mode is activated when switched as you can see something happen when you turn it on and off. I think it is just the adjustment in gamma that makes it less noticeable

At this point I am gonna assume I have a defective set number 2. I am almost positive that my 1st set adjusted in game mode from 15 to 50 for HDR content. I'm not sure Costco will let me roll the dice a 3rd time I guess we will see what happens. This is unless others can verify that their game mode also does not switch it's backlight when HDR is activated. IN that case it could be a firmware bug.
Did some more testing last night.... in game mode I tried to just manually adjust the backlight to 50 when HDR mode is activated. However, when switching back to SDR content the backlight stays at 50. This behaves differently than when you make a small change in other modes, calibrated, Dark, Vivid where the HDR/Dolby Vision/SDR keep their own setting tweaks... I really am wondering if this is a firmware error that can be fixed. But I really am looking for conformation from another console user that their backlight doesn't change from 15 SDR to 50 HDR while in the game picture mode before I call Vizio and bother them with it.

One thing I still need to try when I get home is play a UHD movie on the xbox one x in game mode when I get home and see what the HDR mode does there.
I have the Xbox One X and is happens to me too maybe is a bug.
post #2823 of 5753 Old 09-27-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Called Vizio and not a single person could tell me what the default settings of HDR was in game mode.... How do they not know this? They seem to think that each picture mode - calibrated, dark, etc etc once selected never changes when it receives an HDR10 or Dolby Vision signal. I'm not really sure what to do from here.
Iam a gamer like you and I think you are worried about the input lag, but you do not have to use the game image mode to have the lowest latency you can use any of the calibrated modes that do not have this bug between sdr and hdr only you have to activate the low latency mode and you will have the same input lag as with the game image mode
guacamoleparty likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2824 of 5753 Old 09-27-2018, 11:54 PM

Today I got my Vizio PQ and I was not lucky to have a perfect panel since I have a yellow spot on the bottom of the panel which I discovered by doing the flat test pattern I massage the panel and decreased a bit but at this time I think I will live with the stain lol. I play a couple of tv shows and movies in Dolby Vision and comparing this tv with my Vizio P 2016 I have to admit that I am a little disappointed I read that several people said it was night and day the difference and for me in particular it was not the case the Vizio Quantum there is no doubt that it has more high peak brightness, but outside of that I did not see much difference the colors look better in the Vizio PQ but not by much and I did this test with the 2 televisions side by side in calibrated mode. The main reason for my purchase was because the Vizio P 2016 had horrible input lag in HDR I did a test with my favorite game Destiny 2 and everything was perfect. In the input lag I have to admit that is night and day. But for those who have the Vizio P 2016 and you are happy with your TV it is not worth the upgrade for the Quantum the picture quality is not very different.
post #2825 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch123 View Post
Hey i have a ps4 what is it you want tested? Ill do it right now when i get home.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Thank you... Put your tv in the game picture mode and boot up your ps4... what is your brightness set to? On mine it is 15. Then put in any game that has HDR so that the tv switches to HDR mode... You will notice that the local dimming switches to medium from low, but does your backlight change or does it stay at 15.

My screen has some DSE, and my tv sometimes resets when I change inputs but, I think I can live with that because who knows what other problems I would get by doing an exchange.. If this sdr hdr thing turns out to be norm I think I'm gonna be good... but at the same time if it's a bug I don't wana wait for vizio to maybe fix the issue while I'm in my return window, not that Costco will exchange for a third set anyway as my 1st set had a bright red pixel in the corner.
post #2826 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg2006 View Post
Today I got my Vizio PQ and I was not lucky to have a perfect panel since I have a yellow spot on the bottom of the panel which I discovered by doing the flat test pattern I massage the panel and decreased a bit but at this time I think I will live with the stain lol. I play a couple of tv shows and movies in Dolby Vision and comparing this tv with my Vizio P 2016 I have to admit that I am a little disappointed I read that several people said it was night and day the difference and for me in particular it was not the case the Vizio Quantum there is no doubt that it has more high peak brightness, but outside of that I did not see much difference the colors look better in the Vizio PQ but not by much and I did this test with the 2 televisions side by side in calibrated mode. The main reason for my purchase was because the Vizio P 2016 had horrible input lag in HDR I did a test with my favorite game Destiny 2 and everything was perfect. In the input lag I have to admit that is night and day. But for those who have the Vizio P 2016 and you are happy with your TV it is not worth the upgrade for the Quantum the picture quality is not very different.
Have you played the higher quality hdr movies from disc like Infinity War or Mad Max side by side? I did half dozen of the top hdr movies side by side with my 2016 Vizio and there was an enormous difference. The colors and detail alone on the Quantum were a huge leap over the 2016 P. The clarity of the screen on the Quantum is a lot better too. I'm not saying you need to do a factory reset on your eyes, but maybe you need to watch some higher quality hdr movies.
divo1979 likes this.
post #2827 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
enabling UHD with Onkyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
Note this, from the TX-NR656 manual: "If you connect a player supporting HDCP2.2, be sure to connect it to one of the HDMI IN1 to IN3 jacks of the unit." That's needed for HDR.

Also, you'd do better off searching and seeking help in the forum for your receiver... Here.
I have had the same issue with my Onkyo RZ610 receiver since I want everything run through it for Atmos. I did spend time on the phone with Onkyo, they did some testing for me with a unit they had on hand and it sounds like this is normal, but you still can get DV/HDR to display.

On your Onkyo, with "Deep color" enabled and the TV input Full UHD Color disabled, the TV displays DV or HDR10 content. That said, I've still been a bit confused as to whether it's actually rendering source content fully or reducing quality in some way due to tv input setting?
post #2828 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My PQ65 arrived yesterday. Got it setup and initial impression were "WOW THAT'S BRIGHT!" Almost too much. Hardwired into my network and the updates pushed pretty quickly. Factory reset afterward.

Hooked my Denon 3300 to HDMI1 and jumped into my XBOX1x. Fumbled around configuring for 4K/DVR and checked the status. Had warnings for HDR in games, and some of the other settings. Went into troubleshooting mode wondering what was going on and finally realize that I hadn't enabled things correctly on the HDMI1 Input. Flipped the switch, logged back into the XBOX and green on everything. Jumped into Forza Horizon 3 and confirmed in-game HDR was active. Pretty cool seeing the shading differences on the cars. 4K resolution is a big jump on the 1080P I was using. NHL19 doesn't look to have in game HDR but the resolution seems to have sharpened things. The menu colors are noticeable more vibrant too.

Fumbled around figuring out ARC audio from TV to receiver, I wasn't previously using it. Finally figured it out on the Denon. I set it for bitstream hopefully allowing the Denon to do the heavy lifting.

Setup my VUDU acct to check out Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Dolby Vision and it registered as 4K and DV. Looked pretty good, maybe not as clear as the UHD BR disc version. Though seems to have helped with some of the color gradiation in the dark underwater scenes. (hoping I can calibrate some of that out?) When I was looking down my wife got worried because she noticed a green box flash in the lower right hand corner. I didn't see it but remember hearing concerns about that on here. Fast forward an hour or so and I saw it myself. Both times were while using the built in Vudu app. I'm also getting network disconnects fairly regularly. Kicks me out of the movie. I'm using same connection that I've used for my X360 and never had issues. Going to play around with network settings this evening to see if anything helps. Hoping never to see that green spot outside of built-in apps. If I do I'm afraid the TV will have to be returned. If I don't it might be something I can live with. Still disappointing to see on the nicest TV that I've owned.

I did a quick youtube video of the DSE Hockey test. I'm seeing light vertical darkening bars. I believe its only a problem with those very bright screens. Hoping that I don't notice them while using the TV in real world needs.

Has anyone used Disney WOW BluRay for calibrating these newer 4K HDR TV's? I assume it would be well for calibrating non-HDR but that it might not work so well for HDR.

Denon X3300 | Front: Infinity Primus P363 (LR) and PC351 (CEN) | Sub: Polk PSW110
post #2829 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
AV Receiver

Which HDMI Port is the Best to connect the AV Receiver to my PQ?

ash
post #2830 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg2006 View Post
Iam a gamer like you and I think you are worried about the input lag, but you do not have to use the game image mode to have the lowest latency you can use any of the calibrated modes that do not have this bug between sdr and hdr only you have to activate the low latency mode and you will have the same input lag as with the game image mode
This exactly. I've been playing on my XboxOneX and PS4 without issue using Calibrated / Calibrated Dark with game mode ON. Been having a blast and no issues, fast response!
post #2831 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Thank you... Put your tv in the game picture mode and boot up your ps4... what is your brightness set to? On mine it is 15. Then put in any game that has HDR so that the tv switches to HDR mode... You will notice that the local dimming switches to medium from low, but does your backlight change or does it stay at 15.

My screen has some DSE, and my tv sometimes resets when I change inputs but, I think I can live with that because who knows what other problems I would get by doing an exchange.. If this sdr hdr thing turns out to be norm I think I'm gonna be good... but at the same time if it's a bug I don't wana wait for vizio to maybe fix the issue while I'm in my return window, not that Costco will exchange for a third set anyway as my 1st set had a bright red pixel in the corner.
Im assuming you mean backlight not brightness correct? Because brightness stayed at 50 across both hdr and sdr

Game mode SDR (ps4 home screen) backlight 15 local dimming low

Game mode Horizon zero dawn HDR 10
backlight 15 local dimming medium

post #2832 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Im assuming you mean backlight not brightness correct? Because brightness stayed at 50 across both hdr and sdr

Game mode SDR (ps4 home screen) backlight 15 local dimming low

Game mode Horizon zero dawn HDR 10
backlight 15 local dimming medium

Yep... backlight is what I meant... Ok.. I wonder if they changed it... I could of swore it changed on my 1st set before I returned it. Now to decide if I have too much DSE or not... It will probably be ok, who knows what set I would get next lol.

What I wonder if why is the game picture mode the only mode that doesn't make a change to the backlight?
post #2833 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I remeber thinking the same thing but i checked before i gave you my response.

I had an asterisk on my game mode because i raised backlight to 50 in hdr the first day i got it same behavior then.

For the purpose of this test i saved my customized game picture mode labeled it ps4. Then switched to the default game mode.

I wanted to run the test with the default game mode as you wanted it done before i confirmed.

So yeah for me its been like this since day 1.
I manually changed it to 50. I dont know why it would be set to 15 for SDR gaming anyway.
Quote:
Yep... backlight is what I meant... Ok.. I wonder if they changed it... I could of swore it changed on my 1st set before I returned it. Now to decide if I have too much DSE or not... It will probably be ok, who knows what set I would get next lol.

What I wonder if why is the game picture mode the only mode that doesn't make a change to the backlight?
post #2834 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:02 AM

Liked: 5
Quote:

I had an asterisk on my game mode because i raised backlight to 50 in hdr the first day i got it same behavior then.

For the purpose of this test i saved my customized game picture mode labeled it ps4. Then switched to the default game mode.

I wanted to run the test with the default game mode as you wanted it done before i confirmed.

I manually changed it to 50. I dont know why it would be set to 15 for SDR gaming anyway.

I'm curious how many people use the "Clear Action" option for gaming as it is on by default in gaming mode. Especially with the FALD on Low I find it distracting and dark. Can anyone explain the pros and cons of the "Clear Action"?
post #2835 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskogl2 View Post
I'm curious how many people use the "Clear Action" option for gaming as it is on by default in gaming mode. Especially with the FALD on Low I find it distracting and dark. Can anyone explain the pros and cons of the "Clear Action"?

Thanks so much for doing that... "game" is a weird picture mode that for some reason doesn't adjust backlight even with having different profiles for SDR and HDR. this is unlike the calibrated modes where you can change the backlight level in each and it will switch back and forth.

To answer the "Clean Action" question... it is supposed to smooth out motion blur... I forced myself to use it and now I'm kind of used to it... it is more noticeable in SDR with the local dimming on low then it is in HDR with the local dimming on medium.

Do you folks notice any DSE on when playing games... I really only notice mine on any game that has big sky boxes. I think that's livable
post #2836 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Which HDMI Port is the Best to connect the AV Receiver to my PQ?

HDMI1 if you want ARC capabilities.

Denon X3300 | Front: Infinity Primus P363 (LR) and PC351 (CEN) | Sub: Polk PSW110
post #2837 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm817 View Post
To put screen to sleep hold down mute button
Weird, when I put my PQ65-F1 to sleep by holding down the mute button, the optical audio output of the TV **STAYS ON**. My sound bar continue to play the sounds from what I was watching, and it's only source is the optical output on the TV. How is that correct? It sleeps *only the screen*! Anyone else?
post #2838 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngettler View Post
Weird, when I put my PQ65-F1 to sleep by holding down the mute button, the optical audio output of the TV **STAYS ON**. My sound bar continue to play the sounds from what I was watching, and it's only source is the optical output on the TV. How is that correct? It sleeps *only the screen*! Anyone else?
Maybe it just mutes the screen

I dont think its gone to sleep. Im not sure though. Its a neat feature I didn't know about.
post #2839 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 921 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Holding down the mute "Mutes" the screen. Nothing else. That is the intention. Useful for things like a streaming music service and you dont want the screen lit up.
post #2840 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm817 View Post
Holding down the mute "Mutes" the screen. Nothing else. That is the intention. Useful for things like a streaming music service and you dont want the screen lit up.
Ah, OK. The User Manual at this link talks on page 24 about "Blank Screen" feature to save LED life during music streaming, and is an option that can be invoked under the Timers screen. But it doesn't mention anywhere (on page 10 or 24) that a shortcut to screen "blanking" is to hold down the Mute button. But I agree now, holding down the Mute button does not put it to sleep, it blanks (mutes) the screen.

https://cdn.vizio.com/user-manual/PD...-F1_UM_ENG.pdf
post #2841 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 921 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Ah, OK. The User Manual at this link talks on page 24 about "Blank Screen" feature to save LED life during music streaming, and is an option that can be invoked under the Timers screen. But it doesn't mention anywhere (on page 10 or 24) that a shortcut to screen "blanking" is to hold down the Mute button. But I agree now, holding down the Mute button does not put it to sleep, it blanks (mutes) the screen.

https://cdn.vizio.com/user-manual/PD...-F1_UM_ENG.pdf
Same function. I dont know why they dont document the mute key shortcut.
post #2842 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang37 View Post
My PQ65 arrived yesterday.
I did a quick youtube video of the DSE Hockey test. I'm seeing light vertical darkening bars. I believe its only a problem with those very bright screens. Hoping that I don't notice them while using the TV in real world needs.

Has anyone used Disney WOW BluRay for calibrating these newer 4K HDR TV's? I assume it would be well for calibrating non-HDR but that it might not work so well for HDR.
Hi, I am wondering if you have any picture of how the DSE hockey test looked like on your TV. I have also done that test, but I am not very experience in TV technology(just upgraded from old 40" TV to this unit), so I don't know what is a good result and a bad result of that hockey DSE test.

Thanks.
post #2843 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 2859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang37 View Post
My PQ65 arrived yesterday. Got it setup and initial impression were "WOW THAT'S BRIGHT!" Almost too much. Hardwired into my network and the updates pushed pretty quickly. Factory reset afterward.

Hooked my Denon 3300 to HDMI1 and jumped into my XBOX1x. Fumbled around configuring for 4K/DVR and checked the status. Had warnings for HDR in games, and some of the other settings. Went into troubleshooting mode wondering what was going on and finally realize that I hadn't enabled things correctly on the HDMI1 Input. Flipped the switch, logged back into the XBOX and green on everything. Jumped into Forza Horizon 3 and confirmed in-game HDR was active. Pretty cool seeing the shading differences on the cars. 4K resolution is a big jump on the 1080P I was using. NHL19 doesn't look to have in game HDR but the resolution seems to have sharpened things. The menu colors are noticeable more vibrant too.

Fumbled around figuring out ARC audio from TV to receiver, I wasn't previously using it. Finally figured it out on the Denon. I set it for bitstream hopefully allowing the Denon to do the heavy lifting.

Setup my VUDU acct to check out Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Dolby Vision and it registered as 4K and DV. Looked pretty good, maybe not as clear as the UHD BR disc version. Though seems to have helped with some of the color gradiation in the dark underwater scenes. (hoping I can calibrate some of that out?) When I was looking down my wife got worried because she noticed a green box flash in the lower right hand corner. I didn't see it but remember hearing concerns about that on here. Fast forward an hour or so and I saw it myself. Both times were while using the built in Vudu app. I'm also getting network disconnects fairly regularly. Kicks me out of the movie. I'm using same connection that I've used for my X360 and never had issues. Going to play around with network settings this evening to see if anything helps. Hoping never to see that green spot outside of built-in apps. If I do I'm afraid the TV will have to be returned. If I don't it might be something I can live with. Still disappointing to see on the nicest TV that I've owned.

I have used the WOW disk to calibrate. It does work for color, etc, but no HDR from a standard blu-Ray.

Spoiler!
post #2844 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1741
Quote:
I have used the WOW disk to calibrate. It does work for color, etc, but no HDR from a standard blu-Ray.
The WOW disc is no longer valid from an accuracy standpoint, not even for color.
post #2845 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskogl2 View Post

Thanks so much for doing that... "game" is a weird picture mode that for some reason doesn't adjust backlight even with having different profiles for SDR and HDR. this is unlike the calibrated modes where you can change the backlight level in each and it will switch back and forth.

To answer the "Clean Action" question... it is supposed to smooth out motion blur... I forced myself to use it and now I'm kind of used to it... it is more noticeable in SDR with the local dimming on low then it is in HDR with the local dimming on medium.

Do you folks notice any DSE on when playing games... I really only notice mine on any game that has big sky boxes. I think that's livable
I don't have any DSE there is a yellow spot on my tv but it is panel defect. I tried today to exchange the tv in my local Best Buy but they are out of stock and they believe it will be a long time before have it again.
Apparently Vizio copied something from Samsung regarding Quantum Dot technology that's why this TV is almost never found anywhere.
post #2846 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
The WOW disc is no longer valid from an accuracy standpoint, not even for color.
Please explain why color, contrast , etc csn't be Set with the WOW disc

Spoiler!
post #2847 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Captured some of the gradient banding and artifacts I'm getting on non-pro PS4, E.T. on iTunes 4K DV and Xbox One X. This only happens when the PQ is showing HDR content. Banding is almost non-existent in SDR content. Anyone else seeing similar? I noticed that adjusting the backlight in Game mode on the PS4 has a significant impact on the gradient banding but it doesn't go away totally. Adjusting to 50 (from 30) reduces it quite a bit. All other adjustments left at default. At 100 backlight it's almost gone on the dashboard but still present in some HDR games. In Standard and Vivid modes I get virtually no banding as well but I only use Calibrated or Game modes anyway. I see several people say they have no banding but I am not sure they are testing with HDR content.

Edit: The dots in the first picture are a reflection of some string lights I have in the room. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by coolguy949; 09-28-2018 at 03:59 PM.
post #2848 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 1741
Quote:
Please explain why color, contrast , etc csn't be Set with the WOW disc
The problem isn't that some of the perimeters can't be set with the WOW Disc... the accuracy can't be verified.
Accurate calibration requires bit perfect reference patterns from a source that also outputs bit perfect. This is something the WOW disc can't guarantee.

Blue filter color calibration is also a dated method for calibrating color and is no longer valid with today's panels. A NIST certified colorimeter/spectrometer with reference bit perfect patterns is the only verifiably accurate method.

Last edited by skschatzman; 09-28-2018 at 04:17 PM.
post #2849 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 53
The only issue I have so far is when I cast something from my laptop to the tv the audio is about 1 second faster than the video. Sucks when watching the Dodgers and you can hear that it was a hit before the ball even gets there. Is there a way to fix this or is smartcast from pc just a no-go? I didn't have problems when I had an external chromecast dongle hooked up to my old TV.
post #2850 of 5753 Old 09-28-2018, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
The problem isn't that some of the perimeters can't be set with the WOW Disc... the accuracy can't be verified.
Accurate calibration requires bit perfect reference patterns from a source that also outputs bit perfect. This is something the WOW disc can't guarantee.

Blue filter color calibration is also a dated method for calibrating color and is no longer valid with today's panels. A NIST certified colorimeter/spectrometer with reference bit perfect patterns is the only verifiably accurate method.
Not all of us do not have access to calibration equipment! I am sure the WOW disc is better than using nothing. I can confirm the changes I made with what my WOW disc can do helped my panel. Would I prefer a professional calibration, absolutely. I had one done on my Panasonic plasma and no doubt it made a major difference. It is still haning in there, looking great. Moved it to another room. It is misleading to say it won't help.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
audio issues , mute speaker , pq65-f1 , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page