2018 Vizio P-Quantum 65" PQ65 owners thread ** No Price Talk - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2149Likes

post #1 of 5413 Old 07-20-2018, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 40
2018 Vizio P-Quantum 65" PQ65 owners thread ** No Price Talk

New owner here of the 2018 Vizio PQ65 purchased from Costco. Current retailers of the PQ65 are Best Buy, Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club.

Summary & Features:

Introducing VIZIOs best picture ever. The VIZIO P-Series Quantum 65 (64.50 Diag.) 4K HDR Smart TV delivers the pinnacle of home-theater experiences. Behold cinematic quantum-dot colors, our deepest blacks and brightest brights for captivating contrast. Take a quantum leap forward in picture quality. Contrast approaches perfection as Active Full Array Max uses 192 zones of local dimming to keep black levels pure -- while UltraBright 2000 generates fiery highlights that smolder up to a dazzling 2000 nits. Dolby Vision HDR harnesses super-bright and pitch-black, producing premium picture quality that pops with detail. And cinematic quantum-dot technology makes more than one billion colors jump to life. VIZIOs all-new SmartCast offers control, discovery and streaming options that extend beyond the screen. Browse popular apps on right on the TV using the included remote, or stream apps you know and love from your phone to the TV with Google Chromecast built-in. Voice support for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant makes the P-Series Quantum the perfect centerpiece for your smart home. VIZIO P-Series Quantum 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV - PQ65-F1 (2018 Model):

• Active Full Array Max: VIZIOs most powerful full array backlight with 192 local dimming zones for our deepest blacks, brightest brights and most captivating contrast.
  • Dolby Vision HDR: Combined with Quantum Dot technology and our most powerful Active Full Array backlight, the P-Series Quantum delivers the highest-caliber HDR performance for picture purists.
  • Quantum Color Spectrum: Experience cinematic color intensity as Quantum Dot technology paints each pixel with P-Series broadest, most accurate color palette.
  • UltraBright 2000: The P-Series Quantum generates fiery highlights that smolder up to a dazzling 2000 nits, producing dramatic highlights like never before.
  • 4K Ultra HD Picture: Enjoy every scene in breathtaking detail and clarity with over 8 million pixels, 4x the resolution of 1080p Full HD.
  • VIZIO Smart TV: Easy and fast access to high-quality 4K streaming from popular apps right on the TV using the remote or SmartCast Mobile app.
  • Chromecast built-in: Download any of thousands of Chromecast-enabled apps to your smartphone, then simply tap the Cast button to stream on the TV. Discover a range of free, subscription or paid content.
  • Use Voice To Control The TV: This VIZIO P-Series Quantum is the perfect smart-home companion, offering voice-control support for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
  • Mirror Your Screen On the TV: See exactly whats on your laptop screen using the Chrome browser Cast icon share photos, videos, websites, anything and everything else!
  • Quick Start Mode: Enable Quick Start Mode to turn your TV on automatically with a simple voice command or tap of the Cast button. Enabling Quick Start Mode will change the energy consumption required to operate this TV.
  • 240Hz Effective Refresh Rate: Enhanced motion clarity with a blazing fast 240Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning.
  • 802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi: Take advantage of todays fastest wireless speeds for a higher quality streaming experience, perfect for 4K and HDR video.
  • Clear Action 960: Enjoy fast action sports and movies with superior motion clarity using powerful image processing and a blazing 240Hz effective refresh rate achieved with backlight scanning.
  • USB Multimedia: Play photos, music, and video right on the big screen using the built-in USB ports.
  • 5 UHD/HDR-Ready HDMI Ports: Supporting the latest HDMI standards, this P-Series allows you to connect to 4K HDR-enabled Blu-Ray players and game consoles.
  • DTS Studio Sound II: Advanced virtual surround sound audio from the TVs two built-in speakers.
Dimensions:

• Product Height With Stand: 35.1 inches
  • Product Width: 57 inches
  • Product Depth With Stand: 11.8 inches
  • Product Height Without Stand: 32.7 inches
  • Product Depth Without Stand: 2.7 inches
  • Product Weight With Stand: 54.9 pounds
  • Product Weight Without Stand: 54.1 pounds
Box Dimensions:

• Height: 35.11 inches
  • Width: 56.96 inches
  • Depth: 11.81 inches
Reviews:

https://www.reviewed.com/televisions...ntum-tv-review
https://www.techradar.com/reviews/vi...uantum-pq65-f1

Calibration Tips

Spoiler!

aaronwt, mpgxsvcd, SiGGy and 16 others like this.

Last edited by mgrana; 07-26-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5413 Old 07-20-2018, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Thank you for starting this thread! That other 2018 Vizio general thread for all models is a bit of a mess. Good to have a designated thread to discuss their top model for 2018.
post #3 of 5413 Old 07-20-2018, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by beermugs View Post
Thank you for starting this thread! That other 2018 Vizio general thread for all models is a bit of a mess. Good to have a designated thread to discuss their top model for 2018.
agreed...
beermugs and divo1979 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5413 Old 07-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 364
I just ordered mine from Costco and waiting delivery. Coming from more than a few 65 p 2016 and 17. These had countless issues but I loved their pic quality. I was waiting for the pq to arrive and am hoping there will be no issues but early adopters have to accept issues and hope for Vizio excellent customer service to come through.
Jill Moore and beermugs like this.
post #5 of 5413 Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I was getting tired of scrolling past posts unrelated to the PQ in that other thread...

Anyways, I posted in the other thread that I will also get mine Tuesday morning...

What is the first thing you guys are gonna try on your TV when you get it??
beermugs and divo1979 like this.
post #6 of 5413 Old 07-20-2018, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1dynasty View Post
I was getting tired of scrolling past posts unrelated to the PQ in that other thread...

Anyways, I posted in the other thread that I will also get mine Tuesday morning...

What is the first thing you guys are gonna try on your TV when you get it??
Take it out of the box 😁
post #7 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 12:36 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
This is what the first post of the P series models for 2016/2017 looks like now. Check out how much information a dedicated thread starter wound up cramming into the first post. If it was me, I would start again and reserve the first three or four posts for storing the collection of valuable information that's bound to become available. The moderators will help you. Best wishes and good luck.

Forgot the link.

Official Vizio 2016/2017 P Series Owners ONLY Thread UHD/HDR/DV No Price Talk Please
mpgxsvcd likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 07-21-2018 at 08:50 AM.
post #8 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 01:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Wow, first time buying a tv sight unseen.. just purchased the pq65 from costco. Well if I don't like it , I have 90 days to return. The glossy screen, quantum dots for better color and hopefully high contrast ratio with 192 dimming zones is what made me bite. I would assume inputs 1 to 4 have a similar input lag as the 2018 p series which is a improvement over my 2016 p65 for hdr gaming. Hoping to have the same mostly positive experience as with the 2016 p65.
The first post says 5 inputs with hdr enabled. It will be interesting to see if they eliminated the low input lag input that was not hdmi 2.0 compliant on the 2016 thru 18 p series and what the lag number will be for all inputs.
srkmish, beermugs and divo1979 like this.
post #9 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I placed my order yesterday from Costco, coming from a P75-f1 that I am returning due to array bleed through. I have a front projection room so I don't think I will mind the drop in size from the 75 for the additional zones and quantum dots. Hope I get a good one!
beermugs likes this.
post #10 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 08:51 AM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrana View Post
Just ordered mine to be delivered on Tuesday. More info to come once I receive it and have initial impressions.
See my revised post above.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #11 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlys View Post
Wow, first time buying a tv sight unseen.. just purchased the pq65 from costco. Well if I don't like it , I have 90 days to return. The glossy screen, quantum dots for better color and hopefully high contrast ratio with 192 dimming zones is what made me bite. I would assume inputs 1 to 4 have a similar input lag as the 2018 p series which is a improvement over my 2016 p65 for hdr gaming. Hoping to have the same mostly positive experience as with the 2016 p65.
The first post says 5 inputs with hdr enabled. It will be interesting to see if they eliminated the low input lag input that was not hdmi 2.0 compliant on the 2016 thru 18 p series and what the lag number will be for all inputs.
Did you pick it up from the warehouse or waiting delivery?
post #12 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Looking for the manual for the PQ65 but Visio does not seem to have it posted yet. Anyone have a link for it?

Thanks
post #13 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Just ordered it with delivery and installation from Best Buy for August 7th. I’ve been very happy for the past 2 years with my P65-C1; I expect that I will be equally satisfied with Vizio’s latest premier line...Probably won’t update the TV again until 8k becomes an actual practical and widely available “thing” (and that might not be for a while)
post #14 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beermugs View Post
Quote:
Did you pick it up from the warehouse or waiting delivery?
7 to 10 days delivery was the quote from costco online. I purchased the squaretrade warranty for 99 dollars just like my 2016 vizio p65.
post #15 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Have we heard anything about the gaming lag on this set?

post #16 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbor View Post
Price for features offered is just insane considering the Samsung JS 9500 was easily $5000 just 3 years ago. In today's money, almost 40% the cost for double the brightness, Dolby Vision and likely a better use of it zone count for superior blacks, possibly even over the current Samsung Q9 series which doesn't impress in reality like it should on paper and controlled testing shows Samsung calibrated their settings so testing would be skewed. As it stands now, the Samsung Q7 might be the best gaming TV option while, hopefully, the Vizio will end up topping them all. OLED I have ruled out as still way too dim, overpriced and having burn in worries as I may fall asleep leaving the XBox X on overnight sometimes. Next TV is Quantum and I prefer Vizio over Samsung and LG, both more dishonest companies on many fronts- i.e. LG fixing ongoing HDR gaming dimness issues as soon as the 2016 is out of warranty and a refusal to fix the 2017 sets. Not paying top dollar to be spit on plus look at the lack of support for the JS 9500, only 3 years old. Makes one wonder what kind of insane deals we could see in another 3 years such as emissive LED 8K sets with true 4000+ nits for under $1000 in the 65" range and hopefully widely available at 82-85". Competition is good and Trump's tariffs on China may help preserve companies like Vizio, Sony, and the South Koreans to stay alive as China floods in cheap quality TCLs and Hisense and those are also Quantum and high nits next year or by 2020.
Vizio p 2016 and 17 sets had a firmware update almost a year ago that increased input lag an additional 10 ms. Every company has issues with these "updates". With that being said, I couldn't turn down the pq65 with the rated spec.s. I love the blacks on my current p65 but I am really looking forward to the glossy screen that all my older sammys have.
post #17 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 119
It'll be interesting to see if this can crack 2000 nits in a calibrated mode.
post #18 of 5413 Old 07-21-2018, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 173
VIZIO P-Series Quantum Advanced Calibration Tips

Overall:
• Calibrated Dark: Use this picture mode for the most accurate reproduction of studio content when viewed in a dark room. Xtreme Black Engine should default to Medium for HDR and Low for SDR; Gamma is set to 2.2.
• Calibrated: Use this picture mode for an accurate but bright reproduction of studio content when viewed in a typically lit room. Xtreme Black Engine should be set to Medium for HDR and SDR; Gamma is set to 2.1.
• Game: Use this setting for the best gaming response. Game Low Latency and Clear Action are enabled. For consoles, change the Color Temp setting to Normal (close to D6500K).
o Use Input 5 for non-HDR, 1080p signals—like those from a PC--with up to 120Hz refresh. Set the Color Temp to “Computer”, which is roughly 9300K.

1. Select the Appropriate Input:
a. HDMI inputs 1-4 accommodate HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 (600MHz pixel clock rate).
i. 2160p/60p, 4:4:4, 8-bit
ii. 2160p/60p, 4:2:2, 12-bit
iii. 2160p/60p, 4:2:0, 12-bit

b. HDMI 5 also accepts HDMI v1.4/HDCP2.2 signals (370MHz pixel clock rate). This will accept the following:
i. 2160p/60p, 4:2:2, 8-bit
ii. 2160p/60p, 4:2:0, 10-bit
iii. 1080p/120p, 4:4:4, 10-bit
iv. 1080p/120p, 4:2:2, 12-bit

c. Input 5 will likely offer the lowest lag time for gaming, but also has no scaling or HDR function and should only be used with progressive or UHD signals.

d. Input 1 offers HDMI ARC.

2. Enable HDMI 2.0 signals for the HDR input, when needed (ie for newer UHD BD players and 4K/60 signals):
a. Go to the Menu>Settings>Inputs>Full UHD Color,

b. Enable the Full UHD Color for the input that you are using to support HDMI 2.0.
i. If you change the setting after your devices are connected, you may need to power cycle the source device to restart the HDMI handshake.
ii. When Full UHD Color is enabled, the input may no longer accept the HDMI signal from older HDMI devices (like your STB or BD player).
iii. Some players (Samsung and Oppo) playing most content (any 4K/24 movie) may not need the 2.0 input and may play fine through v1.4 inputs even without the Full UHD Color setting enabled.
iv. “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” is 4k/60 and will require the HDMI 2.0 setting/input.
v. Some devices, like the new Xbox and Philips UHD player or 4K-capable streaming sticks require the HDMI 2.0 setting/input, regardless of the content played.

3. Set the Picture Mode:
a. Go to the Menu, select Picture, then choose Picture Mode:
i. Vivid – preset for store showrooms
ii. Standard – For energy-efficient home viewing
iii. Calibrated – Settings are preset to be accurate for brighter room environments (gamma is set to 2.1)
iv. Calibrated Dark – More accurately calibrated settings for a dark room (gamma is set to 2.2).
v. Game Mode – optimizes settings for minimal input lag
vi. Computer Mode – Adjusts settings for PC images
b. Any picture mode can be adjusted to provide an accurate image.
c. The TV will auto-detect if the signal is SDR or HDR and will switch the Picture Mode to the corresponding HDR settings, when needed.
i. With SDR signals: Both Calibrated and Calibrated Dark Picture Modes match closest to the Rec709 color gamut and a D65 white point. “Calibrated” default gamma is closer to 2.1, where “Calibrated Dark” gamma is closer to “2.2”. .
ii. With HDR signals: The Calibrated and Calibrated Dark Picture Mode settings match closest to the most accurate, or “Golden Reference” HDR characteristics for the displays, which means it will match as close as possible to the SMPTE 2084 EOTF (or “PQ”) curve, and will offer as much of the Rec2020 color space as the display, and content, can accommodate.
d. Changes made to any Picture Mode will create a Custom Picture mode (the picture mode will have an *asterisk next to the name). Go to Picture Mode Edit to save the settings as a custom picture mode with a custom name.

4. Adjust Picture Menu settings: (Brightness, Contrast, Color, Tint, Sharpness) to match your source and environment.
a. Backlight – For HDR signals, the accurate OSD “Backlight” setting is 50. When an HDR signal is recognized by the display, the display luminance (backlight) is maximized, but the on-screen display setting says 50. With HDR signals, changes to the “Backlight” control adjust the middle of the EOTF curve, making the image appear brighter. For SDR, this setting increases the backlight luminance.
b. Setting Sharpness to 0 will disable edge-enhancement.

5. Select “More Picture” for additional settings (the following are not necessarily in order):
a. Color Temperature – Changes the overall color temp. “Normal” is closest to D6500. “Cool” is closer to the panel’s native color, which leans blue (closer to 11000-15000k), but will provide the brightest measurement.
b. Black Detail – Changes the gamma curve near black to increase shadow detail. It has no effect in HDR.
c. Xtreme Black Engine (for 2018 models)– Select the low, medium or high setting to enable local dimming and peak brightness. Medium and High settings offer better contrast with increased peak brightness in specular highlights. Lower the setting to eliminate halo or blooming effects. When calibrating, it is best to keep this disabled, or use test patterns with Constant Average Picture Levels. When measuring for Peak Brightness with small windows, we recommend the High setting:
i. Low – Activates local dimming without peak highlight brightness; peak highlights typically dim as the APL decreases so as to minimize blooming
ii. Med – Activates both local dimming and peak highlighting (brighter specular highlights) while still preserving black levels and preventing most halos. Highlights measure brightest with 10%-25%-sized windows on a black background. This is the setting VIZIO recommends for both HDR and SDR content.
iii. High – Activates aggressive local dimming and peak brightness settings for the highest contrast possible. Very small highlights are brightest with2-10%-sized windows on a black background. Note that if you measure even smaller windows, you may not reach the TV’s peak brightness value..
d. Clear Action – This setting changes the duty cycle of the backlight to mask the inherent “sample and hold” effect (and visible crystal change) of liquid crystal display panels, thus allowing the user to see and follow motion in the image more clearly.
e. Game Low Latency – Select this setting to reduce image lag for video games. Note: lower lag is available in the HDMI 5 input (on UHD models).
f. Reduce Judder (P-Series and higher) – The setting of this function determines how much MEMC is applied to 24 and 30 fps content. Increasing this setting will reduce the stuttering that is inherent when we view 24 fps content on TV, making the content smooth and more detailed. Set this function to 0 to eliminate the smoothing effect.
i. Eliminate 3-2 – When the “Reduce Judder” function is set to 0, and “Cinema Mode” is on, the film mode detection will match the refresh rate of the panel at a multiple of the 24-fps content so that there is no 3-2 frame conversion, thus giving the viewer a true, film-like appearance.
g. Reduce Motion Blur (where available) – The setting of this function determines how much MEMC is applied to 60 fps content. Increasing the setting reduces the visibility of motion blur.
h. Color Space -- Select YCbCr for normal consumer HDMI sources (16-235). Select RGB for PC sources (0-255).
i. Gamma – Adjust the value to increase or decrease the gamma curve to the desired measured value. The 2.2 setting is typically the most accurate for dark rooms with either SDR or HDR.
j. Cinema Mode/Film Mode – Creates the most film-like image.
i. With interlaced content, Film Mode enables 3-2 detection and compensation.
ii. With 24p content, the display will play back at an even multiple of 24 frames to preserve the film cadence.

6. For professional calibrators using calibration equipment, select “Color Calibration” to fine-tune the picture calibration:
a. Go to the Menu>Picture> Color Calibration>Color Tuner
b. Tips –
i. Best to adjust the SDR signal first, then Dolby Vision and HDR10.
ii. Significant adjustments to the HDR10 CMS signal are not recommended as the display will tone/color map the incoming signal while it’s being adjusted. Dolby Vision compensates for this with their Golden Reference target point.
iii. Adjust White Balance first; starting with a baseline “white” should reduce the amount of CMS fine-tuning that is needed.
c. 2-point White Balance calibration – In the Color Tuner menu.
i. Use the Offset and Gain controls to adjust the overall Color Temp at low (~20-30%) and high (~80%) levels.
1. Use the Offset controls sparingly.
2. Try not to raise the Offset more than a couple points, if at all, or it will raise the black level.
ii. Adjust the three RGB levels for Offset and Gain equally to change the Gamma curve.
1. For example, to lower the gamma, raise the red, green and blue Gain values, or vice versa.
2. As above, use the Offset controls as little as possible, and don’t raise them.
d. 11-point White Balance calibration – From the top of the “Color Calibration” menu, cycle the menu from “Color Tuner” to “11-point White Balance”.
i. Adjust the RGB values separately to fine-tune the Color Temp.
ii. Adjust the RGB values together to fine-tune the Gamma curve (i.e. increase all of them the same amount to decrease the gamma curve at that specific point).
e. Color Tuner – Use the Hue, Saturation and Brightness controls to fine-tune the color gamut. View and compare the results from different saturation levels to achieve the best balance.

Noyd Communications Inc. representing:
VIZIO, RIVA Audio, DVDO, MarkAudio-SOTA,
Kaleidescape, Helm Audio, Puro Sound Labs,
Luxury Technology Shows
post #19 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 12:56 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm on the verge of ordering this TV, however I have a very specific question. I use an HTPC that outputs 4K @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 chroma. I primarily use this to watch 24p videos so I'm not too concerned about input lag, but I would like to use the Reduce Judder, Motion Interpolation, and Film Mode features.

Is this TV capable of inputting a 4K @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 signal on HDMI 1-4 without forcing Game Mode on (which I believe would disable the 3 features I want to use above)?
post #20 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
Have we heard anything about the gaming lag on this set?
Have we heard anything about gaming lag on an unreleased TV? I'm guessing no. Vizio has not discussed gaming lag in their press conference or on their website.

Last edited by Andrew67; 07-22-2018 at 04:10 AM.
post #21 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBoy89 View Post
I'm on the verge of ordering this TV, however I have a very specific question. I use an HTPC that outputs 4K @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 chroma. I primarily use this to watch 24p videos so I'm not too concerned about input lag, but I would like to use the Reduce Judder, Motion Interpolation, and Film Mode features.

Is this TV capable of inputting a 4K @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 signal on HDMI 1-4 without forcing Game Mode on (which I believe would disable the 3 features I want to use above)?
The P-Series Quantum's HDMI inputs 1-4 accommodate
HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 (600MHz pixel clock rate).
mpgxsvcd likes this.

Noyd Communications Inc. representing:
VIZIO, RIVA Audio, DVDO, MarkAudio-SOTA,
Kaleidescape, Helm Audio, Puro Sound Labs,
Luxury Technology Shows
post #22 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 06:35 AM
Advanced Member

Unless something has changed from my 2016 model, yes you can enable reduce judder with 444 at all resolutions. How effective it will be is another story. A firmware update has caused an ongoing issue with low framrate motion for almost 2 years on my 2016 vizio p65 .

Last edited by Friendlys; 07-22-2018 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Forgot something
post #23 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I've ordered mine as well, I'm fairly close to Costco's Illinois distribution center, so the TV will be here pretty quick.

We just moved and I sold my M65-D0 that I had so I didn't have to move it so I limped along in the new house with an E55-E0 I had in our Bedroom for the main TV. So I'm excited to have Dolby Vision back as I have quite a bit of Vudu content.

I'm a streamer only, so using DirectvNow, Vudu, Pluto, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon as my main sources. This tv won't have anything hooked up HDMI except arc to a soundbar (vizio 4551 5.1). Still holding out for one of the VIZIO atmos bars they announced back in april.
leojj25 likes this.

VIZIO PQ65-F1
AppleTV 4k
VIZIO SB4551-D5 Soundbar
post #24 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noydcom View Post
Thanks, I know that, my question was whether Game Mode can be disabled when 2160p 60Hz 4:4:4 is being sent to the TV on HDMI 1-4

Quote:
Unless something has changed from my 2016 model, yes you can enable reduce judder with 444 at all resolutions. How effective it will be is another story. A firmware update has caused an ongoing issue with low framrate motion for almost 2 years on my 2016 vizio p65 .
Yes on the 2016/2017 model it was possible. But Rtings.com states this in response to a question on their P65-F1 review:

"When sending Chroma 4:4:4 to the TV from a computer, Game mode automatically turns on and becomes greyed out."
post #25 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew67 View Post
Have we heard anything about gaming lag on an unreleased TV? I'm guessing no.
Yeah, it would be pretty crazy if vizio happened to mention something, or if one of the hands on reports mentioned it. Such a crazy idea. What a fool I am.

Thanks for your intelligent and insightful response. You seem like a very happy person.

post #26 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
Yeah, it would be pretty crazy if vizio happened to mention something, or if one of the hands on reports mentioned it. Such a crazy idea. What a fool I am.

Thanks for your intelligent and insightful response. You seem like a very happy person.
There are no hands on reports as it's not in the hands of anyone yet and manufacturers never comment on gaming lag. Sorry if my response didn't answer your question.
post #27 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noydcom View Post
Quote:

Oops, if your looking for 444 on inputs 1 to 4, the only picture mode capable is computer which does automatically disable motion enhancements with low latency on. Just curious how your setup works between htpc and tv. I have a 1080ti connected to a pioneer vsx 1131 which is connected to a 1080ti. I use output 1 (input 1 to 4 vizio)on receiver for all movies and output 2 ( input 5 vizio) on receiver for all games. All my movie content is either 420 standard or 422 10 bit with hdr ycbcr.
post #28 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

If you're using a PC to watch video, you can grab SVP 4 Pro for like 20 bucks. It hooks up into most video players and it will give you vastly superior Motion Interpolation than anything a TV could possibly do.
post #29 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Oops, if your looking for 444 on inputs 1 to 4, the only picture mode capable is computer which does automatically disable motion enhancements with low latency on. Just curious how your setup works between htpc and tv. I have a 1080ti connected to a pioneer vsx 1131 which is connected to a 1080ti. I use output 1 (input 1 to 4 vizio)on receiver for all movies and output 2 ( input 5 vizio) on receiver for all games. All my movie content is either 420 standard or 422 10 bit with hdr ycbcr.

I have my HTPC hooked up directly to an HDMI input. No receiver in between. I don't use it for gaming, just for web browsing (which is why I want 4:4:4) and watching videos (which is why I want judder reduction/motion interpolation).
post #30 of 5413 Old 07-22-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisama View Post
If you're using a PC to watch video, you can grab SVP 4 Pro for like 20 bucks. It hooks up into most video players and it will give you vastly superior Motion Interpolation than anything a TV could possibly do.

Isn't that quite taxing on the CPU? My HTPC is an NUC7i5BNK and I fear the CPU load from SVP would make it run quite loud as the fan speeds up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
audio issues , mute speaker , pq65-f1 , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page