Official 2018 LG UK6300 Series Owners Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 36 Old 07-21-2019, 02:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Hello, does anyone remember if there was a plastic film over the 43" LG UK6300? There was a yellow energy guide sticker, that I removed, but I cannot tell if there is a protective plastic film over the tv "lens" itself.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 08-09-2019, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I recently purchased an LGUK6300PLB, mainly for gaming, due to the low input lag. Most reviews seem to have the input lag of this TV around 11ms, but I'm wondering what the best settings are to use for gaming? Their are so many settings on this TV, I have no idea what to turn on or turn off. Anyone got any tips?
Steve Gentry likes this.
post #33 of 36 Old 08-21-2019, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdrake View Post
I recently purchased an LGUK6300PLB, mainly for gaming, due to the low input lag. Most reviews seem to have the input lag of this TV around 11ms, but I'm wondering what the best settings are to use for gaming? Their are so many settings on this TV, I have no idea what to turn on or turn off. Anyone got any tips?
I'm right there with you, sir. We've had our 6300PUE for some time now, and play our XBOX1 regularly through it. I would love to find the aforementioned remote to do the service code actions, as well. The picture quality for movies, Netflix, and anything HDR-related is fine, particularly for the price point. I, like you, would love to have some sort of guidance in calibration for the XBOX1, specifically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 10-21-2019, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Is this TV that bad ? I keep going back to the rtings review and I don't know what to think, they're saying this is a mediocre TV with poor contrast, bad dark scenes and all, but at the same time I see this TV so often mentionned everywhere on "best budget TV / under 500" comparisons/ youtube videos. rtings are saying that even in the same price range there are a tons of better tvs, but I feel like others really feel different. rtings are like "don't buy this TV you fools" and everyone else "it's one of the best TVs in this price range" so I'm confused.

I'm searching as a cheap replacement for my LG UH603V... which I think was quite an older, similar model compared with the UK603. I have some colors/pixels issue so I want to change, but I was quite satisfied as a whole, very solid picture quality, amazing for video games (which doesn't seem to be the case at all for some entry/mid levels from Samsung and Sony)... sure the blacks aren't that black but it wasn't that horrible imo.

If the UK6300 is of similar quality, it could be find for me as I can't really buy a 1000 $ TV for now... maybe next year.

So yeah, just asking for overall impressions from people who own this one for a few months !
post #35 of 36 Old 10-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Symphony7,try looking at some of the reviews for the LG um7300. Its not perfect but does have some good qualities. I think Rtings has a review as does Forbes I believe. The price is around 300$. It is IPS panel.
post #36 of 36 Old 06-29-2020, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I hope I'm not too late for your post. I just joined recently, and I love this forum!
My solution for listening with wired headphones on my LG 55" 4K HDR Smart TV (55UK6090PUA), no headphone jack provided on the TV:
Connect the "optical audio" output on the back of the TV to a DAC (digital to analog converter) which MUST have a headphone jack on it, not all do, available online for less than $50.00 (I've seen some around $20.00). This connection is made using a digital audio optical cable, also available online starting at about $15.00. Connect your wired headphones to the DAC, and you're in business. Make sure that you set the audio on the TV to optical, or optical AND internal speakers, otherwise the sound will not automatically be sent via the optical connector, even if the optical cable is plugged in.
You can also do the same thing using a (DAC) headphone amplifier. They are both basically the same thing, but I use a standard DAC because I can do different audio input/output configurations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
uk6300 , uk6300bub , uk6300pue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page