Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 688Likes

post #2971 of 2975 Old 01-14-2020, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quick question: I have a P75-F1 currently. I am wondering if the 2019 Quantum P759-G1 would be considered comparable. Is it better or worse in any way?

Vizio P75-F1
Denon X4300 Receiver
(3) Elusive 1099s LCR - (4) Polk RC85i Surrounds
iNuke 3000dsp powering a Dayton Ultimax UM18 in a Minimarty
iNuke 6000dsp powering (2) SI HT18s in Martycubes (Nearfield)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 2975 Old 01-17-2020, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've started to get noticeable color banding on my P55-F1. My cables are up to date, it's not my receiver (still visible when directly connected to the source), no settings affect it... Am I just noticing something that's always been there? Or is there something I can check? It's most apparent on dark gradients, night skies, etc.
post #2973 of 2975 Old 01-18-2020, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Vizio is sending me another replacement for the replacement.

I bought this TV on Sept 9th 2019 and started having problems within two weeks. The TV would change inputs on its own even though ARC was shut off. The TV would turn on by itself. Sometimes the TV wouldn't turn on at all. The LED would light up and stay lit, but nothing ever appeared on the screen. I left it on for 20 minutes and nothing changed. I had to unplug it to get it to work again.

I took a day off work and they sent a 'technician' out. This tech was the cousin of the uncles sisters father of the guy who owns the TV service center, and literally asked me if I had tools so he could open the back. It took him 6 hours to replace the input board while looking at the pictures he took on his phone to make sure he hooked everything up correctly. (And if you think I am exaggerating, here is a picture of the guy taking a picture of my TV, and the number 2 screwdriver on the floor was purchased at Sears by me) The next day, the TV would not turn on without unplugging it.

I contacted Vizio and they sent me a refurbished model. After waiting 27 days, it arrived Monday. Yesterday, I turned my TV on, and nothing appeared on the screen. The LED was on, but no picture. I did a power cycle and reset (I had 5 different problems with the first TV and am well accustomed to what Vizio will tell me to do). After the power cycle and unplug, the TV works fine. This morning, I turned the TV on, and no picture. After unplugging it, I turned it on and it started up, but I got a message 'Source is 480p connected to HDMI 5 which is a UHD input, change inputs'. I have a Roku Ultra 4k connected to a Pioneer Elite 503 4k input. I contacted Vizio and they are sending another replacement out and I am assuming I will get it in a month.

My problem only happens when the TV has been idol for 6-8 hours. I have changed surge protectors.

The P-65 is an absolute piece of **** and I want my money back at this point.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2974 of 2975 Old 01-19-2020, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Wallisch View Post
Vizio is sending me another replacement for the replacement.

I bought this TV on Sept 9th 2019 and started having problems within two weeks. The TV would change inputs on its own even though ARC was shut off. The TV would turn on by itself. Sometimes the TV wouldn't turn on at all. The LED would light up and stay lit, but nothing ever appeared on the screen. I left it on for 20 minutes and nothing changed. I had to unplug it to get it to work again.

I took a day off work and they sent a 'technician' out. This tech was the cousin of the uncles sisters father of the guy who owns the TV service center, and literally asked me if I had tools so he could open the back. It took him 6 hours to replace the input board while looking at the pictures he took on his phone to make sure he hooked everything up correctly. (And if you think I am exaggerating, here is a picture of the guy taking a picture of my TV, and the number 2 screwdriver on the floor was purchased at Sears by me) The next day, the TV would not turn on without unplugging it.

I contacted Vizio and they sent me a refurbished model. After waiting 27 days, it arrived Monday. Yesterday, I turned my TV on, and nothing appeared on the screen. The LED was on, but no picture. I did a power cycle and reset (I had 5 different problems with the first TV and am well accustomed to what Vizio will tell me to do). After the power cycle and unplug, the TV works fine. This morning, I turned the TV on, and no picture. After unplugging it, I turned it on and it started up, but I got a message 'Source is 480p connected to HDMI 5 which is a UHD input, change inputs'. I have a Roku Ultra 4k connected to a Pioneer Elite 503 4k input. I contacted Vizio and they are sending another replacement out and I am assuming I will get it in a month.

My problem only happens when the TV has been idol for 6-8 hours. I have changed surge protectors.

The P-65 is an absolute piece of **** and I want my money back at this point.

WTF 6 hours?! ...A real 6 hours?

I can do that in 10min and don't even do that **** for a living. TVs are easy as crap to service (assuming you don't need to replace backlight strips).
galonzo likes this.
post #2975 of 2975 Old 01-19-2020, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Just as a heads up if anyone is experiencing weird issues its probably because of software updates. Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/VIZIO_Official, most of the issues started when they moved from v3.0.8.2 to whatever the current broken versions are.

Been following this ****show since November. You wouldn't believe how many issues they have.

I stayed on v3 and haven't had a single problem. Granted I'll never get HDR10+, but yeah. (After I found out about the whole dropping the PWM frequency from 960Hz to 120Hz I factory reset and haven't updated since.)

If anyone is having weird bugs do not hesitate to call Vizio or use your warranty (via credit card, store or Vizio's). Use it before your time runs out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page