Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 689Likes

post #31 of 2977 Old 07-28-2018, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Last night my TV started showing random horizontal lines across the screen. They were about 1/3 of the screen each time. The lines would flash for a split second and go away. Lines would appear somewhere else on the screen and go away. I thought it was possibly cable related - from the AVR or the Nvidia Shield, so I watched some Netflix from the integrated apps to rule it out. The lines still appeared so I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in.

Fortunately the lines went away. Has anyone else had this happen on theirs?

TV: Vizio P75-F1 (2018) AVR: Yamaha RX-V683
Speakers: Polk S60 Towers / S35 Center / S20 Bookshelf Speakers / Atlantic Technology 262 PBM Sub

TV: 55LW5600 (mfg date 3/11) AVR: Pioneer VSX-45

Last edited by fox1541; 07-28-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2977 Old 07-28-2018, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox1541 View Post
Last night my TV started showing random horizontal lines across the screen. They were about 1/3 of the screen each time. The lines would flash for a split second and go away. Lines would appear somewhere else on the screen and go away. I thought it was possibly cable related - from the AVR or the Nvidia Shield, so I watched some Netflix from the integrated apps to rule it out. The lines still appeared so I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in.

Did you factory reset your TV after you installed the latest firmware? In the other thread Noydcom recommended to everyone to update to latest firmware and factory reset before using the TV. I experienced some HDMI issues after updating my firmware, my TV was freezing up at times. I did a factory reset and it has been great since

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #33 of 2977 Old 07-28-2018, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Were they green? If so, then yes I’ve had it too. Reminded me of my M50-D1 I had in 2016. It was full of fun little hiccups like that. It was brief and only happened once or twice.

I didn’t factory reset or anything yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 2977 Old 07-28-2018, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsfan2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockLesnar View Post
Mind sharing what your settings are like?

I do nothing fancy at all. I just kept playing around with each setting until I found something visually pleasing. I tried using the rtings.com settings but thought it was much too dark... Even though my theater room can be completely dark, it is smaller so the light of the tv makes the room. I also make sure that my 4k Sony blu ray player is on Auto (I have to click on auto again if I play a regular Blu ray because even if it says its on auto it comes in way too dark. Its like its still stuck on theater mode from playing the Blu ray) So clicking it sort of restarts it and give the proper brightness.

My backlight is at 70 and my brightness is at 48. I have not messed with White Balance and Color Space Settings since resetting after the messing with the rtings settings. If you are still interested I will post the rest of it.
Yea that’d be awesome if you could share the rest
post #35 of 2977 Old 07-28-2018, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockLesnar View Post
Yea that’d be awesome if you could share the rest
Auto Brightness - Off
Backlight - 70
Brightness - 48
Contrast - 50
Color - 55
Tint - 0
Sharpness - 20

More Picture settings
Black Detail - Low
Xtreme Black Engine Pro - Medium
Reduce Judder - 1
Reduce Motion Blur - 10
Clear Action - On
Reduce noise - Never touched it.
Film Mode - On
Color Space - Auto
Gamma - 2.2

Like I said, Nothing fancy... Just played around a lot until I got a pleasing natural picture with great colors and deep blacks.

Let me know what you think if you try these settings out for yourself.
post #36 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have had my P65-F1 from BB for about 5 weeks now and I had some issues the first week or so, but most of them I was able to work out especially after the firmware update. There seemed to be a break in period. There are minor things that pop up but nothing I have not been able to rectify. For the price point I am satisfied with this TV. I am coming from a 55" 2012 Panasonic Plasma which I was very happy with. There is some darkness in the corners and the remote and ecosystem are not the best. The onboard Youtube had some major issues at first. You need to have really good HDMI cables, these inputs are finicky. I feel I would need to spend about $1k more to find a better TV.

I really enjoy the 4k experience. The 1080P upscale is also great, anything below that is fair. Nice to see the Dolby vision support and most of my core apps are covered, but I think there is room to add many more. This should be a priority for them.

I use the Tv less than two hours a day, so my impression is not from a power user. I do not have a gaming system or use my Tv for a PC. All of my viewing has come from DTV, 4k and bluray DVDs and the onboard apps.

MY biggest concern is how this will handle Football and Basketball live sports. The Plasma handles those well but my experience with LCD's in the past has not been great. I watched a little World Cup on this and it was fine, but I feel NFL is a whole other beast.

I still occasionally play with the picture settings but mostly are the stock or Noyd's settings. I am very susceptible to soap opera effect and made the adjustments to reduce that but feel you just need to get used to it on an LCD.

At this point I give the TV a thumbs up.

I have 3 year warranty as of now and plan to buy the Costco squaretrade in the next week or so if things go smooth.
post #37 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdog73 View Post
I have had my P65-F1 from BB for about 5 weeks now and I had some issues the first week or so, but most of them I was able to work out especially after the firmware update. There seemed to be a break in period. There are minor things that pop up but nothing I have not been able to rectify. For the price point I am satisfied with this TV. I am coming from a 55" 2012 Panasonic Plasma which I was very happy with. There is some darkness in the corners and the remote and ecosystem are not the best. The onboard Youtube had some major issues at first. You need to have really good HDMI cables, these inputs are finicky. I feel I would need to spend about $1k more to find a better TV.

I really enjoy the 4k experience. The 1080P upscale is also great, anything below that is fair. Nice to see the Dolby vision support and most of my core apps are covered, but I think there is room to add many more. This should be a priority for them.

I use the Tv less than two hours a day, so my impression is not from a power user. I do not have a gaming system or use my Tv for a PC. All of my viewing has come from DTV, 4k and bluray DVDs and the onboard apps.

MY biggest concern is how this will handle Football and Basketball live sports. The Plasma handles those well but my experience with LCD's in the past has not been great. I watched a little World Cup on this and it was fine, but I feel NFL is a whole other beast.

I still occasionally play with the picture settings but mostly are the stock or Noyd's settings. I am very susceptible to soap opera effect and made the adjustments to reduce that but feel you just need to get used to it on an LCD.

At this point I give the TV a thumbs up.

I have 3 year warranty as of now and plan to buy the Costco squaretrade in the next week or so if things go smooth.
I'm also susceptible to soap opera. I watched a few replays of NFL games and it looks great on my P65-F1. I have Clear Action On and Motion Blur and Judder Reduction on 0. What do you use for motion settings? I also have a 2010 Panasonic Plasma and I love watching sports on it because it is so smooth. World Cup actually looked a little better on my Plasma but I thought the P65 did an awesome job considering it was displaying 1080i content and is much larger than my 50 inch Plasma. Motion looks very similar to Plasma with Clear Action On and the other two set to Off

post #38 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Formerly wrote posts praising the P series but.......

New P series defective after 2 weeks.

lines of dead pixels going across the screen wtf.

sad!

also the customer support on their website seems to be broken right now
post #39 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigTVilikebuythem View Post
Formerly wrote posts praising the P series but.......

New P series defective after 2 weeks.

lines of dead pixels going across the screen wtf.

sad!

also the customer support on their website seems to be broken right now
That's disheartening... which size?
post #40 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
That's disheartening... which size?
post #41 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 01:12 PM

Got in contact with customer support, I wonder if they will allow me to pay the difference for a p series quantum? Worried if I got another P it would fail again
post #42 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 01:33 PM

Hey all..new to forum but finally upgraded from a older Panasonic 720p plasma tv (great tv).

I do like the vizio, picked up the p55-f1 from BB. Picked it up 7/26 and already have a blurred horizontal line at the bottom of the tv.

Called support they are sending a tech to fix, so we will see what happens. Has anyone came across this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_115237_1532892838428.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	2434588  
post #43 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Did they look like this? Yeah it happened on my replacement set. They went away after a while.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	White Line.JPG
Views:	774
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	2434610  
post #44 of 2977 Old 07-29-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
I'm also susceptible to soap opera. I watched a few replays of NFL games and it looks great on my P65-F1. I have Clear Action On and Motion Blur and Judder Reduction on 0. What do you use for motion settings? I also have a 2010 Panasonic Plasma and I love watching sports on it because it is so smooth. World Cup actually looked a little better on my Plasma but I thought the P65 did an awesome job considering it was displaying 1080i content and is much larger than my 50 inch Plasma. Motion looks very similar to Plasma with Clear Action On and the other two set to Off

I use the same settings, I can still see some on some shows. It's much better than the initial settings.
post #45 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Walker View Post
Did they look like this? Yeah it happened on my replacement set. They went away after a while.

yep.. that's what I had.
There would be about 4 or 5 lines at a time. Once they started flashing, it kept happening until I pulled the plug and restarted the TV.

It only happened once and hasn't returned.

TV: Vizio P75-F1 (2018) AVR: Yamaha RX-V683
Speakers: Polk S60 Towers / S35 Center / S20 Bookshelf Speakers / Atlantic Technology 262 PBM Sub

TV: 55LW5600 (mfg date 3/11) AVR: Pioneer VSX-45
post #46 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just bought the P65-F1; love it so far. I'm just curious for anybody who has wall mounted the TV, what size screws did you use? According to the manual, it says 14 mm M6 screws. These are very short screws. I'm wondering if anybody used anything longer. If you stick a toothpick in the hole, it's much deeper than 14 mm. I know you can't go too long because you could damage the TV.
post #47 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 02:10 PM

Got a call back from vizio. They originally said they would send a tech to fix. Now they are refunding me the tv and I will have to start looking for a new one. Possibly the sony x900e not sure yet.

The warranty guy was a bit confused why I would have to be refunded just kind of guessed that maybe they are out of stock. Thats kinda odd to me.
mik2h likes this.
post #48 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearmeat View Post
I just bought the P65-F1; love it so far. I'm just curious for anybody who has wall mounted the TV, what size screws did you use? According to the manual, it says 14 mm M6 screws. These are very short screws. I'm wondering if anybody used anything longer. If you stick a toothpick in the hole, it's much deeper than 14 mm. I know you can't go too long because you could damage the TV.
It tells you the correct size of screw to use in the manual
post #49 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabes86 View Post
Got a call back from vizio. They originally said they would send a tech to fix. Now they are refunding me the tv and I will have to start looking for a new one. Possibly the sony x900e not sure yet.

The warranty guy was a bit confused why I would have to be refunded just kind of guessed that maybe they are out of stock. Thats kinda odd to me.

Weird, they didn't even offer to do a swap? What's going on with these sets?
post #50 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Walker View Post
Weird, they didn't even offer to do a swap? What's going on with these sets?
Seems like they keep selling out, weird they don't do a little more to ensure it's their TV that it gets replaced with, they must have dealt with some very inpatient people in the past.
post #51 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 04:22 PM

No offer for swap, I even asked about waiting till they have more in stock. Was told it would be best to go with refund for now. I may purchase another at bestbuy. This tv has the lowest input lag and better picture quality I am looking for with a nice price tag.

Ill give it another try. Think this time if it acts up ill wait longer to turn in for warranty. The problem isn't bad just disappointing.
post #52 of 2977 Old 07-30-2018, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Reviewed.com and CNET both measured the P series to be brighter than the TCL R617. Rtings, however, measured the TCL as significantly brighter. I wonder what’s going on here? The discrepancy is quite large.

-P Series-
TVReviews - 949.3 nits
CNET - 1101 nits
Rtings - 852 nits

-TCL-
TV Reviews - 600 nits
CNET - 824 nits
Rtings - 1173 nits
leojj25 likes this.

Last edited by Brink Bodin; 07-30-2018 at 05:23 PM.
post #53 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

YES. Take a look at what i'm dealing with! This is the P55-F1. Horizontal lines like crazy!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Vizio #1.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	963.4 KB
ID:	2435326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vizio #2.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	896.6 KB
ID:	2435328  
post #54 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:

YES. Take a look at what i'm dealing with! This is the P55-F1. Just purchased this on 07/29/18. Horizontal lines galore!
post #55 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:

YES. Take a look at what i'm dealing with! This is the P55-F1. Just purchased this on 07/29/18. Horizontal lines galore!

I took some pictures last night. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	261
ID:	2435332   Click image for larger version

Views:	216
ID:	2435334  
post #56 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theike View Post
My test pattern with backlight at 85 on Calibrated mode. Seems pretty similar? Attachment 2433764

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's normal
theike likes this.
post #57 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I guess if there's a silver lining in this P-Series debacle is that the TV's are breaking quickly so you can return them and go with something else if you choose.
post #58 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsfan2000 View Post
I do nothing fancy at all. I just kept playing around with each setting until I found something visually pleasing. I tried using the rtings.com settings but thought it was much too dark... Even though my theater room can be completely dark, it is smaller so the light of the tv makes the room. I also make sure that my 4k Sony blu ray player is on Auto (I have to click on auto again if I play a regular Blu ray because even if it says its on auto it comes in way too dark. Its like its still stuck on theater mode from playing the Blu ray) So clicking it sort of restarts it and give the proper brightness.

My backlight is at 70 and my brightness is at 48. I have not messed with White Balance and Color Space Settings since resetting after the messing with the rtings settings. If you are still interested I will post the rest of it.

Rtings settings are way too dark. I am using the Calibrated mode and the only thing I changed was The backlight to 80 and left the brightness alone at 50, I turned up the Xtreme Black Engine Pro to High and that's it. Picture looks great.
theike likes this.
post #59 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
Did you factory reset your TV after you installed the latest firmware? In the other thread Noydcom recommended to everyone to update to latest firmware and factory reset before using the TV. I experienced some HDMI issues after updating my firmware, my TV was freezing up at times. I did a factory reset and it has been great since

I will have to give this a try tonight! I had crazy horizontal lines on mine. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't, doesn't make sense. If I turn off the TV and turn it back on then the lines would start, then again if i turn it off and then back on they are gone. I will try and reset the TV tonight.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	183
ID:	2435370   Click image for larger version

Views:	136
ID:	2435372  
post #60 of 2977 Old 07-31-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSky View Post
Rtings settings are way too dark. I am using the Calibrated mode and the only thing I changed was The backlight to 80 and left the brightness alone at 50, I turned up the Xtreme Black Engine Pro to High and that's it. Picture looks great.
Did you turn up the backlight for HDR content? Because for SDR Calibrated mode already has the backlight at 85. If you turn up the backlight in HDR mode you aren't making the backlight brighter but rather adjusting the EOTF curve and making your HDR picture no longer follow what the director intended for it to look

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page