Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 658Likes

post #1321 of 2822 Old 12-06-2018, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksnoved25 View Post
Has this issue been addressed yet? I reread posts but have not found anything...

I'm on my second 55 P-F1 and started noticing the same thing. U31 build date.
Intermittent white lines still appear on my set post update. I have been in contact with Vizio and I will get the tv serviced in the new year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 2822 Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So a strange thing happened with my new-ish P65 the other day: I turned it on and everything came up and displayed, but I was seeing what looked like skipping or juddering with it when navigating on my Roku. When I started playing media, it was really bad, all kinds of issues. When I tried to open the TV's menu, it came up kinda screwed up and then immediately closed. Could not get it to open and stay open. Soft powering off and on the set with the remote didn't fix things. A hard power off and on by cutting power to it fixed it and it works fine now.

Is this something I should be concerned about and look at getting service on it, or is this just the software screwing up and a reboot fixing it?
post #1323 of 2822 Old 12-06-2018, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyar90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sclancy79 View Post
Just purchased the P65-F1. Really happy with it. Only problem I've noticed is some minor DSE when viewing live NFL. (Fios cable 1080i). I ran the infamous DSE hockey test and noticed a grid of slightly darker boxes, mainly on the right side of the screen. I was uber careful when handling this tv so theres no way I damaged it during installation. My question, is this normal? Normal content is awesome, TV works great, but just the DSE when watching live sports and the grid during the DSE hockey test. Am I being overly picky?

I'll bet those boxes are the centers of the LED backlights.

They are little donut shapped circles about 3 inches across and on my set you can clearly see them in light blue sky HDR areas like the sky in mad max fury road.

Initially you see the dark centers of each ring, but if you look you can see it's actually a light ring, not a dark center.

I think my TV was not handled carefully in transit by the delivery person so I might try for replacement set.
Guys, I am noticing this exact thing. At first I was excited I had no DSE (like no clouding or thick bands) but then after running the Hockey test and sky-panning test videos on youtube, I can clearly see the FALD LEDs uniformly in a grid.

As you mentioned, you see these faint black dots with slightly brighter rings. Is this unavoidable due to it being a FALD screen? I just want to know whether I am being overly sensitive now that I have spotted it, or if there are actual P series panels without the visible grid?

I have attached a screencap of a video I took. Not sure if you can tell, but in this pic the LED grid is most noticeable in the middle.
Sadly I think this is the nature of FALD

Think about it you are putting a direct light source behind a transmissive image eliment

Trying to get the lighting perfectly uniform is going to be pretty much impossible.

Put a few flash lights behind a piece of paper and to get the light distribution even. It's pretty much impossible that said I think this sets FALD algorithm is very aggressive so makes it more apparent

On the TCL 6 series I have it's much less distinct and just looks a bit smudged rather than distinct squares...

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D

Gaming and VR videos: www.youtube.com/user/Devedander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1324 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I feel like I won't get an OLED until the last year of production. Like Plasma
post #1325 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I have a question about unboxing a P65-F1 from Best Buy. The box says to lay it on its side and pull the TV out, but I've also seen people unbox it by pulling the four clips out and lifting the box off the TV. The latter would be MUCH easier for me since I'm temporarily in an apartment with limited space. Which is the preferred way, or it is pretty much six of one, half dozen of the other?

Thanks!
post #1326 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervari View Post
I have a question about unboxing a P65-F1 from Best Buy. The box says to lay it on its side and pull the TV out, but I've also seen people unbox it by pulling the four clips out and lifting the box off the TV. The latter would be MUCH easier for me since I'm temporarily in an apartment with limited space. Which is the preferred way, or it is pretty much six of one, half dozen of the other?

Thanks!
First cut the tape on the top of the box, get the accesories box and the instruction manual which tells you how to unbox.

Short answer: Pull the tabs and lift the top of the box off.

Epson 8350 / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Samsung 51F8500 / Panasonic P50ST60 / Vizio P502ui-B1E / Sony 50W700B
Sony S790 / Panasonic BDT-220 / Roku 2 XS & Roku 2
Sony NT5 / Samsung F550 / Speakercraft CS3 / Yamaha YAS-105
post #1327 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post
First cut the tape on the top of the box, get the accesories box and the instruction manual which tells you how to unbox.

Short answer: Pull the tabs and lift the top of the box off.

That's the thing. The instructions ON the box and IN the box say to lay it on it's side with the front up and then and pull the TV out. But the unboxing videos I've seen show it being done the way you describe. That's the confusing part.
post #1328 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
That's the thing. The instructions ON the box and IN the box say to lay it on it's side with the front up and then and pull the TV out. But the unboxing videos I've seen show it being done the way you describe. That's the confusing part.
That sounds hard but someone suggested on another thread that that is the easy way to insert the TV's feet.
post #1329 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I feel like I won't get an OLED until the last year of production. Like Plasma
I should've gotten a mid-tier Plasma before the last year of production.

Our relatives has a samsung plasma tv from about 8-9 years ago and it still looks amazing today even if it's only 1080p.
EscapeVelocity likes this.
post #1330 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That's how me and my brother did it. It worked great. Seemed to be perfectly designed with even perfect gaps in the foam for two peoples hand to ft, to get under it and lift it out.

But I admit. I didnt look at the directions, my brother was looking at them and I was tearing the box off.
tubers likes this.

post #1331 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubers View Post
I should've gotten a mid-tier Plasma before the last year of production.

Our relatives has a samsung plasma tv from about 8-9 years ago and it still looks amazing today even if it's only 1080p.
I just watched Misson Impossible: Fallout on the 51" Samsung F8500 with the Samsung F550 soundbar.
tubers likes this.

post #1332 of 2822 Old 12-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
That's how me and my brother did it. It worked great. Seemed to be perfectly designed with even perfect gaps in the foam for two peoples hand to ft, to get under it and lift it out.

But I admit. I didnt look at the directions, my brother was looking at them and I was tearing the box off.
We did the same thing with two people.

The TV was upright when we unboxed it. Also had those hand empty gap grooves at the back of the bottom styrofoam.

It also had a plastic carry back that you'd pull vertically, upward to get the set.
post #1333 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Warning: noob questions incoming.

I just received my P75-F1 from the recent Costco sale and I feel like the picture quality is much "fuzzier" than our old Samsung UN55EH6000F. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it's a problem with the set or simple user error.

I currently have a single HDMI cable running from the P75-F1's HDMI Port 2 into my old Denon AVR-1612 receiver. I have my cable box, speakers, amazon fire stick, and nintendo switch all plugged into the back of the AVR-1612.

Does it make a difference if I'm running everything through the AVR-1612 or should I be plugging everything directly the P75-F1's ports nowadays?

I've also noticed that the HDMI Port 1 is labeled "(ACR)", HDMI Port 2 - "(BEST)", and HDMI Port 5 - "(1080 or Higher)". Like I mentioned earlier, I currently just have one cable going from HDMI 2 into the AVR-1612 receiver. Am I doing this wrong? Is there an optimal way I should be connecting my devices?

I also haven't changed HDMI cables since 2012 so I just purchased some Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - Black - 6 Feet | [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4:4:4 from Amazon.com. I'm not sure if this will make a difference but I'll give it a shot.

Is there anything else or a menu setting that I might be overlooking? Any help would appreciated, thanks.
post #1334 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chineseman View Post
Warning: noob questions incoming.

I just received my P75-F1 from the recent Costco sale and I feel like the picture quality is much "fuzzier" than our old Samsung UN55EH6000F. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it's a problem with the set or simple user error.

I currently have a single HDMI cable running from the P75-F1's HDMI Port 2 into my old Denon AVR-1612 receiver. I have my cable box, speakers, amazon fire stick, and nintendo switch all plugged into the back of the AVR-1612.

Does it make a difference if I'm running everything through the AVR-1612 or should I be plugging everything directly the P75-F1's ports nowadays?

I've also noticed that the HDMI Port 1 is labeled "(ACR)", HDMI Port 2 - "(BEST)", and HDMI Port 5 - "(1080 or Higher)". Like I mentioned earlier, I currently just have one cable going from HDMI 2 into the AVR-1612 receiver. Am I doing this wrong? Is there an optimal way I should be connecting my devices?

I also haven't changed HDMI cables since 2012 so I just purchased some Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - Black - 6 Feet | [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4:4:4 from Amazon.com. I'm not sure if this will make a difference but I'll give it a shot.

Is there anything else or a menu setting that I might be overlooking? Any help would appreciated, thanks.
The updated cable might make a different (it did for my ps4 to recognize top quality) but I would imagine you do lose some sort of picture quality running through a receiver I would recommend use the tv app for Netflix and compare it to your plug ins to see if it's still fuzzy

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
post #1335 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Saab View Post
The updated cable might make a different (it did for my ps4 to recognize top quality) but I would imagine you do lose some sort of picture quality running through a receiver I would recommend use the tv app for Netflix and compare it to your plug ins to see if it's still fuzzy

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Michael. I'll give Netflix a try through the tv app once the new cables arrive.

Edit:
Is there a way to sync the Vizio remote with my cable box (Charter Spectrum) so I can just use the Vizio remote to change the channels? I tried using the scan channels function in the Vizio menu but it doesn't' seem to do anything.

Last edited by chineseman; 12-08-2018 at 11:42 AM.
post #1336 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shandu1986 View Post
I see what you are saying. The more I look for it I am seeing halos and reverse halos [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] in other videos. I guess this is an issue with p series and not just in a few sets, and the only remedy is to set FALD to low or disable it altogether. Are you planning to return the TV?
I don't want to return it because it feels like something firmware could fix. I've reached out to VIZIO customer service to let them know of the issue. Hopefully more people will report it and they'll get a fix out.
The dark halos around bright spots, like the loading circle, has been a thing on these Tv’s for years. My 2015 Vizio M Series had the exact same thing. Unfortunately, I don’t think a firmware update is gonna fix it.
post #1337 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink Bodin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebirth View Post
Quote:
I see what you are saying. The more I look for it I am seeing halos and reverse halos [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] in other videos. I guess this is an issue with p series and not just in a few sets, and the only remedy is to set FALD to low or disable it altogether. Are you planning to return the TV?
I don't want to return it because it feels like something firmware could fix. I've reached out to VIZIO customer service to let them know of the issue. Hopefully more people will report it and they'll get a fix out.
The dark halos around bright spots, like the loading circle, has been a thing on these Tv’s for years. My 2015 Vizio M Series had the exact same thing. Unfortunately, I don’t think a firmware update is gonna fix it.
Besides the loading thing I cannot see it in normal content I imagine it has to do with a thin white object moving through dark grey and that scenario I haven’t found in any movies or games especially bc huds are stationary in games
Jtizzle34 likes this.
post #1338 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 06:13 PM

RTINGS NOW OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZES P55-F1 SUB PIXEL ISSUE!!!!

Open case:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/discussion...red-sub-pixels

Update 12/04/2018: We have received a few reports that the 55" P Series uses a different sub-pixel structure, and this may be noticeable when using it as a PC. There is an open discussion on this here.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-2018

There are now 5 cases of the "issue":

Careful. I noticed it too with the NU8000 55 inch at bestbuy but will recheck later.

Might be a now fake segmentation to push better models or start making space for a new class of monitors = conspiracy theory of mine.
post #1339 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 06:40 PM

Smartcast can't see new TV

Ok, got the P65 unboxed and mounted. However, I can't get the Smartcast App on my Android to see the TV. The TV and phone are on the same WiFi connection and I can stream fine. I can ping the TV from my laptop. However, the app can't see either of my SSIDs, only a couple of the neighbors'.

Any idea on why the app won't see the TV?
post #1340 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Ok, got the P65 unboxed and mounted. However, I can't get the Smartcast App on my Android to see the TV. The TV and phone are on the same WiFi connection and I can stream fine. I can ping the TV from my laptop. However, the app can't see either of my SSIDs, only a couple of the neighbors'.

Any idea on why the app won't see the TV?

I’ve noticed this issue myself too. My older P55-C1 shows up when its standby, but the P65-F1 some times has trouble (especially when using VLC to cast)

One thing I noticed which seams to always work, is open up a browser page in Google Chrome on your computer. Tell it to cast a webpage to the F1. It seams to knock its brain back into place and show up again, then VLC casting works just fine.
post #1341 of 2822 Old 12-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Open case:

Update 12/04/2018: We have received a few reports that the 55" P Series uses a different sub-pixel structure, and this may be noticeable when using it as a PC. There is an open discussion on this here.

Careful. I noticed it too with the NU8000 55 inch at bestbuy but will recheck later.

Might be a now fake segmentation to push better models or start making space for a new class of monitors = conspiracy theory of mine.
I have a question why is it so noticeable on PC in those shots compared to using a built in app on the tv or even an Xbox those both have static icons and text just like a PC but when I look at the steam picture in that thread it looks like a quilted blanket so what gives?
post #1342 of 2822 Old 12-09-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKOAA View Post
I have a question why is it so noticeable on PC in those shots compared to using a built in app on the tv or even an Xbox those both have static icons and text just like a PC but when I look at the steam picture in that thread it looks like a quilted blanket so what gives?
It's easily noticeable even in the built in netflix for me (very hard on real moving content; you know; watching movies) but only if you're 3 feet near.

Not my pic below but that's what I see on netflix icons.

Again, not an issue for the average joe.

Unless you have eagle vision, you probably won't see the effect even at say 8 feet away.

My fight with this is because we want to extract most features for our dollar and we'll be keeping the set for at least 5 years and also will be using it as a PC at least a 3rd of the time.

My next possible fights are 55NU8000, cause I saw this having the cross-hatch in bestbuy and 65 inch R615 where I couldn't see any cross hatch (but RTINGS implied the R6 has it even though they only tested the 55 inch model).

I can't get to Fry's and gonna miss the 65 NU 8000 for $ 799 for today and tom. For that price, I won't care if it has cross hatch lol.

My perception will be easily diluted by good deals.
post #1343 of 2822 Old 12-09-2018, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So I've had my P75-F1 for about a month now.

I keep running into this problem.

Whenever I am watching AppleTV or FireTV the input shuts off then turns back on.

I have a sound bar hooked up via HDMI ARC and the HDMI cables are latest standards....

I can't for the life of me figure out why my tv goes black, then turns back on.

During the whole time the audio still plays, it is just the picture that goes off.
post #1344 of 2822 Old 12-09-2018, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
NEW CASTING ISSUE?

Im posting this for my wife who watches many CW shows.

While the "open a chrome cast tap first, then load your app off choice" has worked for every other app that sometimes has problems casting to the P65-F1, we have been unable to get her CW app on her phone to detect the P65-F1.

When she loads up her app, the older P55-C1 shows up just fine, but nothing on the F1.

Can anyone confirm they can get the CW app to cast to a F1 model? I figure this may be a compatibility issue between either the TV firmware or the app itself, but without secondary confirmation its impossible to tell if its just us or everyone.

Currently our workaround is casting the CW webpage from chrome on our laptop which obviously causes less then optimal video and sound performance. Any help would be appreciated folks.
post #1345 of 2822 Old 12-10-2018, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

Open case:

The more I read this thread the more I question my decision to buy this TV. My primary usage is to use my TV to watch movies played from a PC. I do see this issue in my desktop icons but while playing a movie I don't notice it, Is that how it is for you? Is this something that will eventually get fixed?

I don't want to spend 1000$ for x900f, I guess this is the best one can get at this price point.
post #1346 of 2822 Old 12-11-2018, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbressl View Post
Have you tried HDMI 5? I’ve read to use this port for a PC connection (XBox)

As far as I am aware HDMI 5 does not support the full 4K bandwidth, so I don't think HDR is possible with Xbox S.

At the moment I am using the HDMI-1 ARC to feed the sound to my pioneer AVR. This is OK at the moment but I would like to listen to the DTS-HD and DolbyDigital-HD audio tracks available on blu-rays (which is not possible while using ARC)

I still think it is my Pioneer AVR which cannot handle HDMI 4k HDR bandwidth via the ARC port
post #1347 of 2822 Old 12-11-2018, 07:47 AM

I don't see an Official Google play Movies app on my vizio P65-F1 TV so I am using the built-in Chromecast on this TV for casting my Google Play movies. However when I cast any 1080p movie from my Google Play Movie library, they only appear in 480p (happens for both rentals and movies I own on Google Play)

If I cast using an external Chromecast (hooked up to HDMI ports1-4) then all movies from Google Play Library appear in 1080p. This happens only with Google Play Movies as VUDU, Amazon and Netflix stream fine in 4k HDR

Can someone please comment if this is an issue with the built-in chromecast on this TV ? can you reproduce this behavior on your TV as well ?
post #1348 of 2822 Old 12-11-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajauknow View Post
I don't see an Official Google play Movies app on my vizio P65-F1 TV so I am using the built-in Chromecast on this TV for casting my Google Play movies. However when I cast any 1080p movie from my Google Play Movie library, they only appear in 480p (happens for both rentals and movies I own on Google Play)

If I cast using an external Chromecast (hooked up to HDMI ports1-4) then all movies from Google Play Library appear in 1080p. This happens only with Google Play Movies as VUDU, Amazon and Netflix stream fine in 4k HDR

Can someone please comment if this is an issue with the built-in chromecast on this TV ? can you reproduce this behavior on your TV as well ?
Sorry...should have done a quick Google search before posting....this seems to be a common problem for most 2018 Vizio TV Owners

It is even more surprising that we can cast 4k HDR clips using the built-in Youtube app on this TV but we cannot cast Google Play Movies in 1080p or 4K
tubers likes this.
post #1349 of 2822 Old 12-11-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
The more I read this thread the more I question my decision to buy this TV. My primary usage is to use my TV to watch movies played from a PC. I do see this issue in my desktop icons but while playing a movie I don't notice it, Is that how it is for you? Is this something that will eventually get fixed?

I don't want to spend 1000$ for x900f, I guess this is the best one can get at this price point.
Don't look for it.

If it's barely noticeable at worst for you, it's okay I guess.

Now if I got this for $ 800. Oh boy. I'd return it BUT.. it's because I hate paying MSRP.

$ 850 X900F would probably be a much better pruchase at $ 200 more for our use case. 33% PC time.

Doubt their fixing this. That'd be unprecedented.

If you barely notice it at worst, again. Don't feel bad about it.
shandu1986 likes this.
post #1350 of 2822 Old 12-11-2018, 11:54 PM
Advanced Member

Yea don’t look for it besides the fact that if your sitting close enough to notice it the color shift off center will be bothersome.
shandu1986 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page