Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 703Likes

post #1861 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 256
^
I've been pleasantly surprised with my P65 from Best Buy. It is my first LCD set (all plasma or CRT previously) and I am intending to keep it just one year and then purchase an OLED... but I may just keep a couple years. I have no dirty screen or other glaring problems, other than CEC (hdmi control) running amok. So far, I have just tweaked by eye and blacks are decent with good detail, color seems fairly accurate, and uniformity is good though obviously not as good as plasma or OLED. Once I calibrate the P65, I think I will be even more pleased.

Side note: Black detail is even better after I discovered that 50 was not the correct setting for brightness on my P65. It needed one tick up to 51.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm a newbie here, lurking over the years but am always more than impressed at most everyone's knowledge and helpfulness. I've reviewed a lot of this thread but still have a question. I purchased the P65-F1 from Costco last week. I'm attaching a photo showing the dirty screen effect people mention, but its' far worse in cable TV broadcasts where it shows the vertical banding I believe everyone is calling it. Watching PGA golf yesterday, the blue skies were ruined with this banding effect. Again, I've reviewed a lot of this thread but am so confused as to how to fix it or even if its' fixable. Maybe I just have a bad unit and need to exchange. I used some settings I found here under calibrated which is probably what I'll watch most of the time. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I tried to upload a short .mov file but it won't let me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VizioP65-F1Picture.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	925.8 KB
ID:	2524294  
post #1863 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilliper View Post
I'm a newbie here, lurking over the years but am always more than impressed at most everyone's knowledge and helpfulness. I've reviewed a lot of this thread but still have a question. I purchased the P65-F1 from Costco last week. I'm attaching a photo showing the dirty screen effect people mention, but its' far worse in cable TV broadcasts where it shows the vertical banding I believe everyone is calling it. Watching PGA golf yesterday, the blue skies were ruined with this banding effect. Again, I've reviewed a lot of this thread but am so confused as to how to fix it or even if its' fixable. Maybe I just have a bad unit and need to exchange. I used some settings I found here under calibrated which is probably what I'll watch most of the time. Any help is greatly appreciated. (I tried to upload a short .mov file but it won't let me.
Yes, this looks like the "jail bars"/ DSE. It popped up on me with near test pattern colors ie bright whites, brights skies, etc. I tried the exchange method and I got the same thing again. I ended up returning. Holding out for the PQX 75" in hopes the 4 times dimming zones fixes this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1864 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Yes, this looks like the "jail bars"/ DSE. It popped up on me with near test pattern colors ie bright whites, brights skies, etc. I tried the exchange method and I got the same thing again. I ended up returning. Holding out for the PQX 75" in hopes the 4 times dimming zones fixes this issue.
I saw on another thread where they said 'once you see it , it can't be unseen'. I think this is very true. Hopefully someone on this thread will read this and offer some suggestions to help or at least minimize this issue. Maybe there could be a firmware update to fix it, this stuff is way above my paygrade.
post #1865 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 256
^
It might help if you posted your picture settings.

Sean
post #1866 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
^
It might help if you posted your picture settings.
I'll take photos of my settings tonight and post them.
post #1867 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I'll take photos of my settings tonight and post them.

So, just for kicks, I just called Vizio Tech support about this issue. I got the usual 'power cycle' it, check HDMI cables, power cycle cable box...yada yada. So I finally asked the gal if she had ever heard of this vertical banding or dirty screen issue and she said emphatically No. Yea, right.
post #1868 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
So I have a Marantz NR1608, Martin Logan SLM X3 and a Vizio P75 setup in Arc to the Avr.

I have noticed that when casting YouTube videos there are random static like pops every 10+ seconds that are subtle but I know are there.

I fired up Netflix and from TV and from what I can tell, they are not there anymore.

Any ideas? I believe I have my Vizio set to PCM and AVR to Auto Select sound. Defaults to Stereo. Does this if I also move to Neural X
post #1869 of 3015 Old 02-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Would like some opinions on this DSE of my P75-F1 as-well. I notice it mostly when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 (lots of snowy scenes and blue sky, etc.). I previously had a 60" low-end 1080p Sharp Aquos that was edge-lit and it didn't have any gray uniformity issues. I know this is expected to some degree with full-array backlight sets but wondering if this is a good set or not. I'm past the return policy so not sure what my options would even be if this is deemed higher than normal DSE. I used the 50% test screen that's built into the calibration settings in the set itself. Thumbnails should be attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3700.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	2524500  
post #1870 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

So, just for kicks, I just called Vizio Tech support about this issue. I got the usual 'power cycle' it, check HDMI cables, power cycle cable box...yada yada. So I finally asked the gal if she had ever heard of this vertical banding or dirty screen issue and she said emphatically No. Yea, right.
Well at least she didn't say Vizio are bullet proof and nothing can go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong
galonzo likes this.
post #1871 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlan View Post
Would like some opinions on this DSE of my P75-F1 as-well. I notice it mostly when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 (lots of snowy scenes and blue sky, etc.). I previously had a 60" low-end 1080p Sharp Aquos that was edge-lit and it didn't have any gray uniformity issues. I know this is expected to some degree with full-array backlight sets but wondering if this is a good set or not. I'm past the return policy so not sure what my options would even be if this is deemed higher than normal DSE. I used the 50% test screen that's built into the calibration settings in the set itself. Thumbnails should be attached.
See my photo a few posts above, I have the P65-F1 and my screen has more dirty screen issues as well as worse vert banding than yours. As far as I can determine, the full array back lit LED TV's are far more prone to these issues than side lit tv's.
post #1872 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Does HDR use RGB color space? I ask bc my tv is set to auto color space and the Apple TV is set to ycbcr when watching Dolby Vision if I set the tv to ycbcr it gets extremely dark but if I pick rgb it’s correct and then in SDR the opposite is true where setting the TV to RGB washes it out and ycbcr makes the image correct... so just curious if all HDR content is using the RGB color space?
post #1873 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
Another person with an issue with an Xbox One X. I just purchased a new P75-F1 to replace a P65-E1 that was having the same issues. I have also replaced the Xbox (under warranty) as we thought that may have been the issue, complete with a brand new HDMI cable. So, in short, everything is brand new, fully updated to the most current firmware, and setup properly.

My issue is that I lose my picture whenever I enable UHD Color through the input setting on the TV. I have the Xbox set to 4k UHD resolution. I have tried the suggestion of having every input set to UHD on, as well as CEC set to disabled.

What am I missing here? Or is the Vizio TV just not capable?

Edit: Tried contacting Vizio support. They had me do all the usual restart stuff and then blamed it on the Xbox. I'm at my witts end.
Have you tried turning off the Allow YCC 4:2:2 setting in the Xbox Advance video setting?
post #1874 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
See my photo a few posts above, I have the P65-F1 and my screen has more dirty screen issues as well as worse vert banding than yours. As far as I can determine, the full array back lit LED TV's are far more prone to these issues than side lit tv's.
I am on second VIZIO P 65". Dirty screen.
I decided not to replace it again with a 3rd VIZIO from the store. Contacted VIZIO - they know exactly what it is and immediately will ship you airport to airport a VIZIO P 65" and will also send a confirmation e-mail. Expecting delivery.
They call it "cloudy screen" and they will not test TV before shipping.
So, before accepting I should be able to see within a couple of minutes if the screen is "cloudy". Remove the top cover of the box exposing the screen and plug in TV (no need for legs installed - TV stands up fine). Skip internet connection (takes for ever for updates and channels), go to chromecast, now enable internet, play a DSE test youtube video.
If dirty screen, I will not accept this new TV, return my TV to store, pay the extra money and buy a Samsung or Sony.
TV picture is great otherwise but no matter how amazing it is, it is garbage when you see the Dirty Screen.

Last edited by gregka; 02-12-2019 at 02:56 PM.
post #1875 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizioService View Post
Have you tried turning off the Allow YCC 4:2:2 setting in the Xbox Advance video setting?
Perhaps do not connect anything to TV until you have turned on all the HDMIs to Full UHD Color?
If still happens, go to settings, reset and admin, choose store demo, see if it is still happening, then disable it again...just a crazy idea as I had an issue with Dolby Vision and Netflix thru the TV and this restored the pic.
post #1876 of 3015 Old 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah yours looks worse. Mine does look a little worse in reality than that photo actually depicts. Took it with an iPhone and lighting may not have been ideal. Definitely some DSE in the mid-left and towards the top-half of the right side of my set. Visible when watching sports or playing video games with sky, snow, etc.

Just trying to determine how much is "normal". If this is not acceptable for this set I will contact Vizio so that's why I posted this. It does seem somewhat common with full array backlit LED's as we said. Do Sony and Samsung sets have these issues and is this in the norm of acceptable for this set or should I get in touch with Vizio?
post #1877 of 3015 Old 02-13-2019, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Jailbars/DSE are not fixable in an assembled TV. Some claim to have lessened their appearance by massaging the screen, and others see them lessen over time slightly, but chances are if you see them now, you'll see them as long as you own the set.

All backlit LCDs, especially FALD ones, have these two defects to some degree. My standard for acceptable was, "is it regularly visible in normal content when not looking for it?" In other words, does it intrude on watching things? I can find it on the P55 I set up in two areas; but ONLY when watching hockey, and only when looking at the set from a way off angle (~45 degrees or more). So that was more than acceptable.

Maybe not the most helpful answer, but it really DOES boil down to what you see. If it distracts from your regular viewing, it probably isn't at an "acceptable" level. But on the other hand, if you're doing nothing but running tests looking for it, and disappointed your screen isn't perfect when you do inevitably see it (and you will), then you're not being realistic and will likely never be satisfied with a local dimming LCD set, period.
Navros, galonzo and LCC0256 like this.
post #1878 of 3015 Old 02-13-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXpilot View Post
Jailbars/DSE are not fixable in an assembled TV. Some claim to have lessened their appearance by massaging the screen, and others see them lessen over time slightly, but chances are if you see them now, you'll see them as long as you own the set.

All backlit LCDs, especially FALD ones, have these two defects to some degree. My standard for acceptable was, "is it regularly visible in normal content when not looking for it?" In other words, does it intrude on watching things? I can find it on the P55 I set up in two areas; but ONLY when watching hockey, and only when looking at the set from a way off angle (~45 degrees or more). So that was more than acceptable.

Maybe not the most helpful answer, but it really DOES boil down to what you see. If it distracts from your regular viewing, it probably isn't at an "acceptable" level. But on the other hand, if you're doing nothing but running tests looking for it, and disappointed your screen isn't perfect when you do inevitably see it (and you will), then you're not being realistic and will likely never be satisfied with a local dimming LCD set, period.
Never, never accept defective brands especially when you are paying for new ones. Had a 65 inch 2018 and had none of these DSE issues - a VIZIO M series. You cannot watch a hockey game without not noticing a "dirty" screen if you have a defective TV.

This is what your TV screens should at least look like if P series:
https://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/...-dse-large.jpg
If not, then you are in the category below and you either should be looking for an exchange or a return (massaging the screen does help but does not eliminated the issue with these defective TVs):
"Update 07/27/2018: The gray uniformity of TVs varies between units, and we have received reports of bad uniformity on some Vizio P Series TVs. We don't know how widespread this issue us, but will update the review as we learn more."
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/p-series-2018

Last edited by gregka; 02-13-2019 at 03:37 PM.
post #1879 of 3015 Old 02-13-2019, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the responses. I understand there is no perfect screen and wouldn't care if it wasn't visible in certain situations. Where I do run into it is when watching sports such as hockey or playing video games or shows/movies with lots of blue/gray sky that pans, etc. It becomes visible even when looking at the screen head on. I've pointed it out to my wife and she doesn't care but I have a hard time not focusing on it now when it arises because I know it's there. Most visible to the left of the center of the frame and then top half of the right side as-well.

That said looking at the rtings image to me that feels like it would be visible in those same instances I mention above and they don't seem to view it as a defect?

I took some videos with my iPhone. One is a live hockey game and the other two are YouTube videos of DSE test screens. YouTube kind of crushes the details with its compression of the videos and the source is an iPhone to begin with so not likely the best camera but should give you an idea. I'm just not sure a replacement set will be any better and if this is as good as I should expect although the poster above mentioned they have no DSE so I guess those exist? What do you think of the below?

post #1880 of 3015 Old 02-13-2019, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
Never, never accept defective brands especially when you are paying for new ones. Had a 65 inch 2018 and had none of these DSE issues - a VIZIO M series. You cannot watch a hockey game without not noticing a "dirty" screen if you have a defective TV.

If not, then you are in the category below and you either should be looking for an exchange or a return (massaging the screen does help but does not eliminated the issue with these defective TVs):
"Update 07/27/2018: The gray uniformity of TVs varies between units, and we have received reports of bad uniformity on some Vizio P Series TVs. We don't know how widespread this issue us, but will update the review as we learn more."
There is a noticeable DSE border on the screen. Is that considered acceptable? Because my set has that along with DSE/Jailbars in other areas. I'm a couple weeks past the return period, but I have an extended warranty and I keep wondering if it is worth the hassle to try and get an exchange. Especially with the risk of getting a replacement that is the same or worse.
post #1881 of 3015 Old 02-13-2019, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Can cast my iPhone to my Vizio? Or will Apple not allow that?

I wanna watch naughty stuff at 65”. Lmao. Jk. Would be nice to cast a movie or a website onto the tv.

Is this possible? Or do I need Apple TV?
post #1882 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karelj View Post
There is a noticeable DSE border on the screen. Is that considered acceptable? Because my set has that along with DSE/Jailbars in other areas. I'm a couple weeks past the return period, but I have an extended warranty and I keep wondering if it is worth the hassle to try and get an exchange. Especially with the risk of getting a replacement that is the same or worse.
Just look at the TVs at the store where you purchased this defective one. Just go to a sports bar and look at the TVs on the walls. Just look at you neighbor's TV. Do they have this problem? Now you have your answer.
post #1883 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post

Rtings also said something similar about the highly touted 2018 TCL 6 series. It's not a a "defective brands" issue but moreso an inherent flaw in the technology and how backlighting is done with FALD LED LCD displays. Edge lit LCD LED displays also have their own issues with regard to this as well. This Youtuber does a good job of generally explaining the issue:

I've seen the "jail bars" and other DSE with many if not most of the newer LCD displays myself (definitely have seen it with sports) and I more or less chalk it up to inherent flaws of the technology. You either learn to live with it or you don't. If you're really that picky, unfortunately you're just going to have to play the panel lottery and keep swapping units until you get one you like or can live with.
galonzo and nickspicks like this.

Last edited by ace0001a; 02-14-2019 at 08:57 AM.
post #1884 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle85 View Post
Can cast my iPhone to my Vizio? Or will Apple not allow that?

I wanna watch naughty stuff at 65”. Lmao. Jk. Would be nice to cast a movie or a website onto the tv.

Is this possible? Or do I need Apple TV?
If you are trying to Screen mirror from the iPhone that is currently not available at this time. It will be coming with the SmartCast 3.0, AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support. Otherwise if the application is Chromecast capable it will cast to the television.
post #1885 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizioService View Post
If you are trying to Screen mirror from the iPhone that is currently not available at this time. It will be coming with the SmartCast 3.0, AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support. Otherwise if the application is Chromecast capable it will cast to the television.
Cant wait to see what features are adapted and hopefully none are crippled.

USB related video question:

I've got a collection of DTS and DTS HD music videos. I just bought a P65-F1 and a V505-G9 from Costco. I was disappointed to plug in the USB and get an "audio codec not supported" message trying to play these videos on my P65. I'm just trying to play sound from the TV speakers. I tried all digital output settings of "auto, pcm, dolby, bitstream" and none of those play audio for DTS and DTS HD. Files that have TrueHD audio tracks downmix to dolby D just fine!

I try the same files with the same audio formats on my V505 and blamo! it works. Any explanation as to why my P isn't equipped to play DTS audio tracks?
post #1886 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai21ut View Post
Cant wait to see what features are adapted and hopefully none are crippled.

USB related video question:

I've got a collection of DTS and DTS HD music videos. I just bought a P65-F1 and a V505-G9 from Costco. I was disappointed to plug in the USB and get an "audio codec not supported" message trying to play these videos on my P65. I'm just trying to play sound from the TV speakers. I tried all digital output settings of "auto, pcm, dolby, bitstream" and none of those play audio for DTS and DTS HD. Files that have TrueHD audio tracks downmix to dolby D just fine!

I try the same files with the same audio formats on my V505 and blamo! it works. Any explanation as to why my P isn't equipped to play DTS audio tracks?

Actually it's not uncommon for many TVs not to support DTS. I've seen the same thing with Samsung TVs. The good news is you can always use a media player like an Nvidia Shield or some other external player.
galonzo likes this.
post #1887 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Ok soooooo, I’m debating whether or not to track back 10” of screen and get the 55x900F or the 55X930E (while still available) Anyone have an X900F they left for the Vizio? Wondering if blooming is worse or the same as the vizio even with the X900F having 45 zones compared to 100 zones in the P65. Its all in the algorithm though and vizio needs to update theirs ASAP. Also see FALD crawling with fast movement, but that may be inherent to the tech and zone count

I decided to throw some eye candy onto the TV via casting 4K HDR from my iPhone 8 Plus YouTube app on the phone to the tv via cast.

Now, when I search 4K hdr 60fps I get a crap ton of videos that say “4kHDR” “real 4K hdr” and some say 4K HDR (FUHD).

No matter which one I choose they all stop at 1080p with HDR enabled (shows in info drop down) when I hit the info button on the remote. Again, casting from iPhone to TV. NOT from the provided app on the TV.

Weird thing is, if I choose a 4K 60fps Non-HDR title on YouTube it will cast at 2160.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Everything else is hard wired, my phone is tHe only thing that casts via WiFi.

EDIT/UPDATE: If I use the internal YouTube app provided via the SmartCast menu after choosing it via Input options, everything I click on that says 4K HDR plays perfectly fine at 2160/60fps HDR10. Why my phone doesn’t do it, idk. My WiFi speeds aka mbps are well above the requirements for streaming 4K. On 5ghz network I range between 95-120, and with 2.4 the range is 55-90

Last edited by Turtle85; 02-14-2019 at 03:04 PM.
post #1888 of 3015 Old 02-14-2019, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle85 View Post
Ok soooooo, I’m debating whether or not to track back 10” of screen and get the 55x900F or the 55X930E (while still available) Anyone have an X900F they left for the Vizio? Wondering if blooming is worse or the same as the vizio even with the X900F having 45 zones compared to 100 zones in the P65. Its all in the algorithm though and vizio needs to update theirs ASAP. Also see FALD crawling with fast movement, but that may be inherent to the tech and zone count

I decided to throw some eye candy onto the TV via casting 4K HDR from my iPhone 8 Plus YouTube app on the phone to the tv via cast.

Now, when I search 4K hdr 60fps I get a crap ton of videos that say “4kHDR” “real 4K hdr” and some say 4K HDR (FUHD).

No matter which one I choose they all stop at 1080p with HDR enabled (shows in info drop down) when I hit the info button on the remote. Again, casting from iPhone to TV. NOT from the provided app on the TV.

Weird thing is, if I choose a 4K 60fps Non-HDR title on YouTube it will cast at 2160.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Everything else is hard wired, my phone is tHe only thing that casts via WiFi.

EDIT/UPDATE: If I use the internal YouTube app provided via the SmartCast menu after choosing it via Input options, everything I click on that says 4K HDR plays perfectly fine at 2160/60fps HDR10. Why my phone doesn’t do it, idk. My WiFi speeds aka mbps are well above the requirements for streaming 4K. On 5ghz network I range between 95-120, and with 2.4 the range is 55-90
Yeah its something weird about the difference between using the built in app vs casting.

You'll notice if you use the built in app you can search for videos, or even view your history and subscriptions, but if you cast directly, after the video is done you get sent to the Generic ChromeCast/YT screen.

I bet you its actually doing 2 things.

Vizio has its own native app (which does HDR10 and And HLG -Hybrid Log Gama-)

But since they also implemented a full ChromeCast complaint suite, by default that also has YT functionality, but its separate.
---

It can be a bit confusing, i was lost for a good month or two as well when i first got my P1 wondering why HDR wasn't working.
Turtle85 likes this.
post #1889 of 3015 Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Netflix App Sound Issue Update

Awhile back I posted that I was having audio dropouts, then no audio at all when using the builtin Netflix app and ARC on my P65. I had a few minutes this morning to mess around with it again and while going over all settings, I noticed that the "Surround Sound" option was set to ON. I have a Yamaha sound bar with ARC, and was previously using a Vizio sound bar with optical so I have the internal speakers set to OFF. While playing around I turned Surround Sound to OFF and the audio dropped for a second and came back on the cable source I was using. Thinking it was a little odd that this option should affect anything other than the internal speakers, I decided to try the Netflix app again with Surround OFF and lo and behold audio is working fine. I tried several different programs both DV and HD as well as various trailers and it seems to be working now. Happy the issue seems to be resolved, however I have no idea why the Surround option would affect ARC.... Just wanted to pass this info along.
post #1890 of 3015 Old 02-15-2019, 03:41 PM

Number 3 arrived today. P65. I did the DSE test , still there ( really noticed on Dirty Screen Effect Test (DSE ) blue sky youtube video ) but thankfully not noticeable when watching a hockey game - I have attached a cellphone picture. Delivery was prompt and professional. VIZIO never questioned my request, all I had to do is chat with them for approx 15 minutes ( had to send a copy of receipt and a picture of the screen - they knew.). A brand new TV was delivered in less than a week.
I still have the option of returning it to the store if I notice something but I wanted one directly from the company.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190215_160236.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	2526286  
galonzo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page