Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 77 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 667Likes

post #2281 of 2837 Old 04-09-2019, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Has anyone had issues connecting legacy HDMI devices?

I have a Sony DVP-CX995V DVD juke box that will not connect to the new P75-F1 thru the HDMI. I have tried swapping cables on hand and also trying different inputs. None showed any activity except for a brief message displayed when connecting to HDMI 5 stating it was a 480P device and recommended using HDMI 1-4 instead and that was it, never displayed any content.

It was working with the previous set, an M70-C3, but recall having a similar issue when setting it up. Resolved it by changing the input and HDMI cable. I just assumed it was a cable failure and didn't give it much thought.

To confirm it is still working (and not damaged after disconnecting the previous TV), tested it with computer monitor that has HDMI input and it displayed an image without any problem.

I believe the Sony does not "see" the Vizio. There is an indicator light on the front panel of the player that turns on when an HDMI connection is present. I am assuming there is some type of protocol or "handshake" that occurs between the TV and an HDMI device and it is not working.

Even though the Sony is only a DVD player, really want to keep it in service due to the 400 disc capacity carousel (mine is almost completely full). It is a beast with a horrific interface but a great solution to organize and eliminate clutter.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 01:58 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Freaky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
Do not know, but you can check the version you have against mine. I only have one 4K stick just for the P series.
Not sure what you mean, but I asked you a few questions. I am not going to install this latest update, as I am reading online that it just includes a mirroring option that doesn't sound like something I'm interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
I recently purchased the P55-F1 and overall I'm happy with it. Has there been any discussion in this thread of the best settings for viewing sports? If not, anyone care to share their "sports settings" (especially via an HDMI port from a 4K capable device). If not, maybe I'll share mine as a starting point.
Good luck getting people to post their settings. I have asked for optimum gaming settings several times...no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
I would definitely unplug if you know a lightning storm is coming.
Thanks...I'm split on this. My mom has had her Samsung hooked up to an APC for 10+ years and it's suffered no apparent ill effects, through many storms. Then again, the TV is on the 2nd floor of the house. Mine is a single-story house and perhaps the TV would have less protection...not sure.
I use the Calibrated Dark settings for all my viewing (which is almost always at night). Sets the backlight to 40 with low local dimming for SDR and 50 backlight with medium dimming for HDR. This works great for me and I don’t find I can do much better than those. I recently started watching Altered Carbon on Netflix in 4K Dolby Vision and it looks incredible on my P75-F1. Literally worth watching just to see what these things are capable of.

For gaming I used Calibrated Dark as my baseline but changed the white balance to Computer (more neutral than the normal setting which is warmer (i.e. better for TV/Movies)) and turned on game low latency mode and saved as a custom profile called PS4. Works great for me. Otherwise I don’t mess with any other settings.
DVD Freaky likes this.
post #2283 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Experiencing more weird stuff with my Fire Stick 4K. I DO have "Adaptive" turned on in the Fire Stick settings, but every single show (even regular HD shows), is displayed as 2160p when I push Info on the Vizio remote. Even Netflix shows that are clearly marked as HD only in the program description, the Vizio considers to be 2160p. Every single channel on PS VUE, the Vizio considers to be 2160p. At least it's not showing that everything is in Dolby Vision, like it did before I turned Adaptive on.

Is this due to the upscaling of the Vizio? I have the resolution of the Fire Stick set to AUTO (up to 2160p). When I played these same HD shows in SmartCast, the Vizio correctly displayed 1080p when I pushed Info. Very odd. Guess it doesn't matter overall, since the PQ is very good. But I would have thought the Vizio would tell the difference between being fed 1080p content or 2160p content.

Also, for the 2nd day in a row, went to the HDMI input for the Fire Stick and there was no audio again. Rebooted the Fire Stick and all was good. This was the first time I rebooted it since this week's Fire Stick update, so maybe that will resolve that issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2284 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 67
The Vizio will play everything at 4k because it's a 4k television. At least logically, if the device upconverts everything to 4k before hitting the vizio then the vizio will read it as 2160p on it's info screen. That's how mine works. I haven't dropped the media player down to 1080p and then checked the info on the vizio there. I'm assuming it will say 1080p and the vizio will upconvert that to 2160p.
post #2285 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy65 View Post
The Vizio will play everything at 4k because it's a 4k television. At least logically, if the device upconverts everything to 4k before hitting the vizio then the vizio will read it as 2160p on it's info screen. That's how mine works. I haven't dropped the media player down to 1080p and then checked the info on the vizio there. I'm assuming it will say 1080p and the vizio will upconvert that to 2160p.
Yeah, I guess you're right. The Fire Stick must be upscaling before it gets to the Vizio. I know it has to do with the Fire Stick because the same show on SmartCast displays as 1080p. The shows look the same on both formats, by the way...to my eye, anyway.

BTW, @Signorcat , I think you helped me on Reddit...thanks again!

Incidentally, anyone with a Fire Stick and a P Series: do you find there is any improvement at all in PQ/color going from 8-bit Color Depth on the Fire Stick to 10 or 12? I don't see any difference at all, neither on Dolby Vision content or SDR. In fact, maybe I'm wrong, but seems there is possibly even some banding that is introduced when I select 10 bit. I could be wrong...having a hard time comparing back and forth.

By the way, I am happy with the image, whether or 8 or 10 bit on the Fire Stick...but they look identical to me. Same deal for the Frame Ratch "match" feature.
post #2286 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Yeah, I guess you're right. The Fire Stick must be upscaling before it gets to the Vizio. I know it has to do with the Fire Stick because the same show on SmartCast displays as 1080p. The shows look the same on both formats, by the way...to my eye, anyway.

BTW, @Signorcat , I think you helped me on Reddit...thanks again!

Incidentally, anyone with a Fire Stick and a P Series: do you find there is any improvement at all in PQ/color going from 8-bit Color Depth on the Fire Stick to 10 or 12? I don't see any difference at all, neither on Dolby Vision content or SDR. In fact, maybe I'm wrong, but seems there is possibly even some banding that is introduced when I select 10 bit. I could be wrong...having a hard time comparing back and forth.

By the way, I am happy with the image, whether or 8 or 10 bit on the Fire Stick...but they look identical to me. Same deal for the Frame Ratch "match" feature.
VIZIO P series 2018 color depth: 10 Bit ( I have mine on max 12-bit and no issues). Never tested the diff between them.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/chan...omparison_2429
galonzo likes this.
post #2287 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 06:09 PM
CFC
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Experiencing more weird stuff with my Fire Stick 4K. I DO have "Adaptive" turned on in the Fire Stick settings, but every single show (even regular HD shows), is displayed as 2160p when I push Info on the Vizio remote. Even Netflix shows that are clearly marked as HD only in the program description, the Vizio considers to be 2160p. Every single channel on PS VUE, the Vizio considers to be 2160p. At least it's not showing that everything is in Dolby Vision, like it did before I turned Adaptive on.

Is this due to the upscaling of the Vizio? I have the resolution of the Fire Stick set to AUTO (up to 2160p). When I played these same HD shows in SmartCast, the Vizio correctly displayed 1080p when I pushed Info. Very odd. Guess it doesn't matter overall, since the PQ is very good. But I would have thought the Vizio would tell the difference between being fed 1080p content or 2160p content.

Also, for the 2nd day in a row, went to the HDMI input for the Fire Stick and there was no audio again. Rebooted the Fire Stick and all was good. This was the first time I rebooted it since this week's Fire Stick update, so maybe that will resolve that issue.
The Fire Stick 4K will output at 2160p for all programs because it detects that it's connected to a 4K capable device.

Adaptive changes appropriately to SDR, HDR 10 or Dolby Vision based on the content. Otherwise, it will output everything to Dolby Vision.
I think that's the expected behavior, and that's how it works with my setup as well (P75-F1).

CFC
galonzo likes this.

Signature goes here
post #2288 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
VIZIO P series 2018 color depth: 10 Bit ( I have mine on max 12-bit and no issues). Never tested the diff between them.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/chan...omparison_2429
Thanks...haven't tested 12-bit but 8 and 10 appear identical. Tested on HDR/DV shows and 4K/HD shows on Fire Stick 4K apps, including PS Vue, HBO Now, Netflix, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC View Post
The Fire Stick 4K will output at 2160p for all programs because it detects that it's connected to a 4K capable device.

Adaptive changes appropriately to SDR, HDR 10 or Dolby Vision based on the content. Otherwise, it will output everything to Dolby Vision.
I think that's the expected behavior, and that's how it works with my setup as well (P75-F1).
Thanks...yes, Adaptive just has to do with HDR/DV, etc. I guess the Fire Stick 4K is doing the upscaling, which is why the Vizio detects it as 4K, not 1080p.

By the way, this Fire Stick 4K is buggy as all hell, especially with audio loss. Three days in a row now, I've had to reboot it because the audio won't play at the start of launching it. One time, all video was playing at 3-4 times speed as well as no audio. I was definitely not fast forwarding...this was at the start of playing eps. Just started a show on Amazon and again, no audio. I went out of the show and back in, and the audio was working again. Thank goodness, I haven't experienced audio dropouts during a show yet...just at the start of playing an episode.

UPDATE: when I pause a show for more than a couple of minutes and go back in tonight, there's no audio playing via the Fire Stick. This was switching between two different shows on Amazon Prime. I noticed when I pressed Info on the Vizio, whenever there's no audio, there is no Dolby Audio logo, where there usually is for these shows. I went into the Fire TV Audio Settings and changed it to "Always Dolby Digital" and so far, it seems to be helping. We'll see though...

Also tonight, when I got back home, the Fire Stick clock was off by 9 hours and 5 minutes. A reboot got it back in sync. This affected my PS Vue program guide grid also.

Might soon be time for a factory reset. I've had the Fire Stick for 2 weeks.

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-10-2019 at 11:03 PM.
post #2289 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 11:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Guys, looks like something very wrong with the overall audio of the P65-F1. After the issues above seemed resolved with the Fire Stick 4K, I turned on my PS4 on HDMI 5 and clicked the input over to it. You guessed it....NO AUDIO.

I cycled through the inputs over to the PS4 again and the audio was suddenly there.

I have no idea what is going on with the audio of this TV but something is definitely not right. I am going through the TV speakers as of now...no receiver or soundbar.

Would HATE to return this, since the PQ is so amazing. Check out this screenshot from "The Last of Us" on the Viz...this is from a Base PS4, not a PRO. Other screenshots are from an HD show on Netflix, "Terrace House: Aloha State" and then there's a DV image from episode 1 of "Daredevil". I will seriously cry if I have to return this TV because of a friggin AUDIO dropout issue. Aaah, the irony...after all the panel lottery talk. It could be the audio that sinks me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LastOfUsVizio.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	2551592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Terrace House.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	2551594   Click image for larger version

Name:	Daredevil.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	2551596  

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-10-2019 at 11:59 PM.
post #2290 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Thanks...haven't tested 12-bit but 8 and 10 appear identical. Tested on HDR/DV shows and 4K/HD shows on Fire Stick 4K apps, including PS Vue, HBO Now, Netflix, etc.

Thanks...yes, Adaptive just has to do with HDR/DV, etc. I guess the Fire Stick 4K is doing the upscaling, which is why the Vizio detects it as 4K, not 1080p.

By the way, this Fire Stick 4K is buggy as all hell, especially with audio loss. Three days in a row now, I've had to reboot it because the audio won't play at the start of launching it. One time, all video was playing at 3-4 times speed as well as no audio. I was definitely not fast forwarding...this was at the start of playing eps. Just started a show on Amazon and again, no audio. I went out of the show and back in, and the audio was working again. Thank goodness, I haven't experienced audio dropouts during a show yet...just at the start of playing an episode.

UPDATE: when I pause a show for more than a couple of minutes and go back in tonight, there's no audio playing via the Fire Stick. This was switching between two different shows on Amazon Prime. I noticed when I pressed Info on the Vizio, whenever there's no audio, there is no Dolby Audio logo, where there usually is for these shows. I went into the Fire TV Audio Settings and changed it to "Always Dolby Digital" and so far, it seems to be helping. We'll see though...

Also tonight, when I got back home, the Fire Stick clock was off by 9 hours and 5 minutes. A reboot got it back in sync. This affected my PS Vue program guide grid also.

Might soon be time for a factory reset. I've had the Fire Stick for 2 weeks.

That's odd I've been using fire sticks for years and the 4 k since it released and rarely if ever have issues like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D

Gaming and VR videos: www.youtube.com/user/Devedander
post #2291 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
That's odd I've been using fire sticks for years and the 4 k since it released and rarely if ever have issues like that...
Yeah, I think it's the fault of the TV...as I am now having audio issues on HDMI 5, where my PS4 lives. (see my previous post). Cycling through the inputs brought the audio back but I am getting a bad feeling about this.

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-11-2019 at 12:01 AM.
post #2292 of 2837 Old 04-10-2019, 11:48 PM

Are the speakers on the television set to auto? If so try setting them to on.
DVD Freaky likes this.
post #2293 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 12:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are the speakers on the television set to auto? If so try setting them to on.
Thanks...will try. Had no audio issues the first 2 weeks I had the TV.

EDIT: You were right...the TV speakers were on "Auto". Switched them to ON. I hope this is just a buggy thing that will be resolved now. Hopefully my Fire Stick audio issue will be solved by pushing Dolby Digital sound always on. It was not retaining the Dolby logo/sound until I did that.

The good news (so far) is that I haven't had any audio dropouts in the actual middle of viewing shows/gaming...just at the start when first launching/going back into a show after pausing. Fixable with a reboot but I don't want to keep doing that.

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-11-2019 at 12:37 AM.
post #2294 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 04:45 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Thanks...will try. Had no audio issues the first 2 weeks I had the TV.

EDIT: You were right...the TV speakers were on "Auto". Switched them to ON. I hope this is just a buggy thing that will be resolved now. Hopefully my Fire Stick audio issue will be solved by pushing Dolby Digital sound always on. It was not retaining the Dolby logo/sound until I did that.

The good news (so far) is that I haven't had any audio dropouts in the actual middle of viewing shows/gaming...just at the start when first launching/going back into a show after pausing. Fixable with a reboot but I don't want to keep doing that.
Get a soundbar regardless. It will prob solve your issues and will definitely improve dramatically your viewing experience. A VIZIO can be controlled by the VIZIO remote. Also your 4K Amazon firestick can turn on and manage volume on any soundbar so that's another great thing. And if you feel like you do not need it you can always return it. Enjoy.
gammite and DJ Kuul A like this.
post #2295 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Get a soundbar regardless. It will prob solve your issues and will definitely improve dramatically your viewing experience. A VIZIO can be controlled by the VIZIO remote. Also your 4K Amazon firestick can turn on and manage volume on any soundbar so that's another great thing. And if you feel like you do not need it you can always return it. Enjoy.
Thanks. A soundbar is in my future for sure, but curious to see how this audio issue plays out with the Vizio first. If the Info screen shows it is losing DD at times (unless I push it via Fire Stick menu), surely that will affect the soundbar also?
post #2296 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks. A soundbar is in my future for sure, but curious to see how this audio issue plays out with the Vizio first. If the Info screen shows it is losing DD at times (unless I push it via Fire Stick menu), surely that will affect the soundbar also?
When the info says it's losing DD -- what is your source?
post #2297 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When the info says it's losing DD -- what is your source?
In my case last night, it was shows on Amazon that previously displayed DD on the Vizio info. Believe one was "Jack Ryan". When there is no audio playing on the Viz, there is no longer a DD logo on the info on the top right. So far, things have been better since I pushed DD always on in the Fire Stick settings.
post #2298 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Oh, I have no idea there. When I do OTA television, the DD sometimes goes in and out, but I attribute that to the signal strength of the fine OTA channels I watch, LOL. Still, sounds like you fixed it yourself so you might as well get a fancy soundbar or better yet, a nice 7.2.4 system with all the trimmings, and of course get some really low WAF, LOL.
DVD Freaky likes this.
post #2299 of 2837 Old 04-11-2019, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I get my P75-F1 from Costco tomorrow. I sit about 11 feet away and it's usually hdmi connected to my iMac which I stream everything through. Fingers crossed on the panel lottery and mounting on the entertainment center. Looking forward to testing it out; PS4 should be fun too as long as no noticeable image issues. This forum is great though; thanks for all the help and input so far.
galonzo likes this.
post #2300 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 04:04 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

What Xbox do you have, the One S or One X?
**** man, I don't think I have either lol. I had a PS4 on launch day, but when the Xbox launched I liked it better (not the norm, I know!) So I sold it to a co-worker and bought my Xbox. I do run out of room, but just uninstall whatever I am done playing so not that big of a deal. But I know the hard drives have increased exponentially since I bought mine. Not a huge gamer at all, I get FIFA and Madden every year, and sprinkle in some COD and jammed Fortnight for a couple of months, but nothing too serious. My main enjoyment of the Xbox was that I could run everything including my cable box through it. But since I cut cable last month this is obviously lesser of a priority.

So far my only complaint about my P75 is that it seems to freeze up. When going from let's say Hulu back to home, or casting from my phone to another source, it will just sit there with the spinning circle or say hold on smartcast is loading. I have had to do 4 soft power cycles so far on it, this seems to take care of it but obviously super annoying.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
post #2301 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Wifi conneciton problems

Just curious if anyone else has had wifi connection issues with the wifi connection. I just picked up a P65-F1 last night from best buy after my 2014 P series gave up the ghost, panel is toast. I never had connection issues with the 2014 I could pull 4k Netflix streams no problem, the new one I can barely manage to even get it to connect at all. I had a similar issue with a Sony x800 I had for a week while my 2014 tv got repaired. I have just kind of given up and I am running by BestBuy after work to pick up a 5 port Ethernet switch, I already have a hardline running from my router to my PS4 which has always had crappy wifi speed.
post #2302 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongotti View Post
**** man, I don't think I have either lol. I had a PS4 on launch day, but when the Xbox launched I liked it better (not the norm, I know!) So I sold it to a co-worker and bought my Xbox. I do run out of room, but just uninstall whatever I am done playing so not that big of a deal. But I know the hard drives have increased exponentially since I bought mine. Not a huge gamer at all, I get FIFA and Madden every year, and sprinkle in some COD and jammed Fortnight for a couple of months, but nothing too serious. My main enjoyment of the Xbox was that I could run everything including my cable box through it. But since I cut cable last month this is obviously lesser of a priority.

So far my only complaint about my P75 is that it seems to freeze up. When going from let's say Hulu back to home, or casting from my phone to another source, it will just sit there with the spinning circle or say hold on smartcast is loading. I have had to do 4 soft power cycles so far on it, this seems to take care of it but obviously super annoying.
Yeah, the Viz is buggy as hell. But I'm giving it a very wide berth because the PQ has been so great. I can live with issues as long as they don't hinder my experience too much.

As for the Xbox, I am still trying to talk myself into getting an X because I know it would look great on my Viz. But honestly, I think the P65 does such a great job of upscaling (despite what critics say) that my Base PS4 looks fab on it. When the X went on sale at my MS Store a coupla weeks ago, I got an X and had it for approximately 20 hours. I had a couple of the same game on both systems (including Sekiro) and compared them both and could really tell no difference. On Game Pass (specifically, Rise of the Tomb Raider), I could tell that the X was more detailed than my Base PS4 but it was hardly night and day for me. Best thing about the One X, IMO, is the fast loading times. I have also found that the wireless controllers on the One X mysteriously disconnect all the time...even brand new...with me right in front of the screen. Still, I would like to get an Xbone for Game Pass and Backwards titles...and yes, would love to get FIFA and Madden, etc. Maybe a One S would be a good compromise. Also, the new X gen is being announced at E3 so my mind and wallet say to wait...but my heart says BUY! LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
Just curious if anyone else has had wifi connection issues with the wifi connection. I just picked up a P65-F1 last night from best buy after my 2014 P series gave up the ghost, panel is toast. I never had connection issues with the 2014 I could pull 4k Netflix streams no problem, the new one I can barely manage to even get it to connect at all. I had a similar issue with a Sony x800 I had for a week while my 2014 tv got repaired. I have just kind of given up and I am running by BestBuy after work to pick up a 5 port Ethernet switch, I already have a hardline running from my router to my PS4 which has always had crappy wifi speed.
My problem was just the opposite with my P65...the WiFi worked (very slowly though) but my wired Ethernet connection dropped signal every 5-10 seconds. Tried multiple cables...no change. As some have said here, the Viz WiFi card is extremely slow. When I used it, it took me up 60 seconds to buffer up to 4K for a SmartCast show. To the suggestion of some here, I got a Fire Stick 4K to take up the slack.

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-12-2019 at 11:52 AM.
post #2303 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, the Viz is buggy as hell. But I'm giving it a very wide berth because the PQ has been so great. I can live with issues as long as they don't hinder my experience too much.

As for the Xbox, I am still trying to talk myself into getting an X because I know it would look great on my Viz. But honestly, I think the P65 does such a great job of upscaling (despite what critics say) that my Base PS4 looks fab on it. When the X went on sale at my MS Store a coupla weeks ago, I got an X and had it for approximately 20 hours. I had a couple of the same game on both systems (including Sekiro) and compared them both and could really tell no difference. On Game Pass (specifically, Rise of the Tomb Raider), I could tell that the X was more detailed than my Base PS4 but it was hardly night and day for me. Best thing about the One X, IMO, is the fast loading times. I have also found that the wireless controllers on the One X mysteriously disconnect all the time...even brand new...with me right in front of the screen. Still, I would like to get an Xbone for Game Pass and Backwards titles...and yes, would love to get FIFA and Madden, etc. Maybe a One S would be a good compromise. Also, the new X gen is being announced at E3 so my mind and wallet say to wait...but my heart says BUY! LOL...

My problem was just the opposite with my P65...the WiFi worked (very slowly though) but my wired Ethernet connection dropped signal every 5-10 seconds. Tried multiple cables...no change. As some have said here, the Viz WiFi card is extremely slow. When I used it, it took me up 60 seconds to buffer up to 4K for a SmartCast show. To the suggestion of some here, I got a Fire Stick 4K to take up the slack.
My 2014 model was GREAT with streaming, I could get a 4k stream full bandwidth in less than a minute, I can't even get the 2018 model to connect to the wifi 90% of the time. Im going to try a switch first as its the cheaper option, but might get a WAP that I can wire directly to boost the wifi just in my room. I mean I have a PS4, and Sony x800 UHD player and I can run Netflix etc. from but its SO much easier via the TV and I can use my Logitech remote to control it. Plus I would have to use the UHD player to get 4k netflix or Amazon prime hdr streams since you can't get uhd streams from the vanilla PS4 I don't think.
DVD Freaky likes this.
post #2304 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 1306 Post(s)
Liked: 1650
Quote:
...I have just kind of given up and I am running by BestBuy after work to pick up a 5 port Ethernet switch, I already have a hardline running from my router to my PS4 which has always had crappy wifi speed.
Quote:
...My problem was just the opposite with my P65...the WiFi worked (very slowly though) but my wired Ethernet connection dropped signal every 5-10 seconds. Tried multiple cables...no change. As some have said here, the Viz WiFi card is extremely slow. When I used it, it took me up 60 seconds to buffer up to 4K for a SmartCast show. To the suggestion of some here, I got a Fire Stick 4K to take up the slack.
Quote:
My 2014 model was GREAT with streaming, I could get a 4k stream full bandwidth in less than a minute, I can't even get the 2018 model to connect to the wifi 90% of the time. Im going to try a switch first as its the cheaper option, but might get a WAP that I can wire directly to boost the wifi just in my room. I mean I have a PS4, and Sony x800 UHD player and I can run Netflix etc. from but its SO much easier via the TV and I can use my Logitech remote to control it. Plus I would have to use the UHD player to get 4k netflix or Amazon prime hdr streams since you can't get uhd streams from the vanilla PS4 I don't think.
I just set up one of my old Linksys routers as a switch (no special software needed), and have been getting 4K streaming pretty much instantly (the 2018 P65-F1 NIC is only 100BASE-T anyway):

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4200W (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.2) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Roku P+
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | AppleTV4K | TiVo Mini
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #2305 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
I just set up one of my old Linksys routers as a switch (no special software needed), and have been getting 4K streaming pretty much instantly (the 2018 P65-F1 NIC is only 100BASE-T anyway):
Hell how did you do that? I might just do that instead, get wifi in my room and extra hard lines. I had kind of thought about that route but wasn't sure I could just drop a router in my room getting its signal from another router without some extra setup needed via computer since my pc is in the room with the main router.
post #2306 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 1306 Post(s)
Liked: 1650
@liffie420 , Here's a basic tutorial (they happened to use the same router I have, but the basics apply to any WiFi router, no need to get into the advanced section).

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4200W (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.2) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Roku P+
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | AppleTV4K | TiVo Mini
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #2307 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
@liffie420 , Here's a basic tutorial (they happened to use the same router I have, but the basics apply to any WiFi router, no need to get into the advanced section).
Hmm thanks that's interesting, Thank you. If I actually had an old router laying around I would try it out. I still think at the moment I will try a switch first, still the cheapest option. But if that doesn't work, say if the ethernet port on the tv is screwy I might just go get a router and try that since I can get a router cheaper than a WAP most times.
galonzo likes this.
post #2308 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Guys, looks like something very wrong with the overall audio of the P65-F1. After the issues above seemed resolved with the Fire Stick 4K, I turned on my PS4 on HDMI 5 and clicked the input over to it. You guessed it....NO AUDIO.

I cycled through the inputs over to the PS4 again and the audio was suddenly there.

I have no idea what is going on with the audio of this TV but something is definitely not right. I am going through the TV speakers as of now...no receiver or soundbar.

Would HATE to return this, since the PQ is so amazing. Check out this screenshot from "The Last of Us" on the Viz...this is from a Base PS4, not a PRO. Other screenshots are from an HD show on Netflix, "Terrace House: Aloha State" and then there's a DV image from episode 1 of "Daredevil". I will seriously cry if I have to return this TV because of a friggin AUDIO dropout issue. Aaah, the irony...after all the panel lottery talk. It could be the audio that sinks me.
the audio has somethign to do with the AUDIO OUTPUT setting of the Vizio in conjunction with the device (PS4 or whatever). The Vizio can only output dolby audio via tv speakers. Any DTS-HD or normal DTS will not play on the TV.

So check your devices. You probably have to set them to PCM to get audio to the TV speakers. This tv (most tv's on the market) can only bitstream dolby audio to the vizio. I was able to get TrueHD to bitstream to the TV speakers successfully but i believe its downmixed to just a dolby.
post #2309 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I think it's the fault of the TV...as I am now having audio issues on HDMI 5, where my PS4 lives. (see my previous post). Cycling through the inputs brought the audio back but I am getting a bad feeling about this.
set the ps4's audio output to pcm
post #2310 of 2837 Old 04-12-2019, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai21ut View Post
the audio has somethign to do with the AUDIO OUTPUT setting of the Vizio in conjunction with the device (PS4 or whatever). The Vizio can only output dolby audio via tv speakers. Any DTS-HD or normal DTS will not play on the TV.

So check your devices. You probably have to set them to PCM to get audio to the TV speakers. This tv (most tv's on the market) can only bitstream dolby audio to the vizio. I was able to get TrueHD to bitstream to the TV speakers successfully but i believe its downmixed to just a dolby.
Well, the PS4 audio worked great for the first 2 weeks...then, when I started to have audio issues with the Fire Stick, the same day, the PS4 audio was not there either when I turned it to its HDMI input. Very odd. Anyway, I took the advice here to leave the TV Speakers to "always on" and so far, so good with PS4 audio. My Fire Stick 4K audio issue seems to have rectified (I think) by forcing DD "always on" in the Stick audio settings. Again, the DD logo would disappear whenever there was no audio at the start of a show. Also, when pausing Fire Stick shows (on the Amazon Prime app), going back into the show I would usually have no audio. And some days, I would switch on the TV, go to the Fire Stick, and there'd be no audio at all. A reboot would fix things. Hopefully I have the fix now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page