Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 81 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 658Likes

post #2401 of 2822 Old 04-24-2019, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
I noticed the glow around the lights on my P75-F1 in the opening scene of lost in space. So, I pulled up the episode on the Netflix App on my iPhone. Hmm, the glow is there as well!! What are you guys talking about?

Did you watch the scene with local dimmimng turned off afterwards?

If you do both back to back and do not notice or it doesn't bother you then you are a sense quite lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D

Gaming and VR videos: www.youtube.com/user/Devedander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2822 Old 04-24-2019, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
That's exactly what I did. After several returns to Costco I contacted via chat VIZIO and had a brand new TV within a few days that has a better panel and zero other issues. I must say that the lady at VIZIO knew exactly what DSE was and all I was asked was to send a pic and the receipt (pics) as proof. I had asked for it to be tested before shipping, and was told they do not do that. But I must say they were very professional and TV arrived on time as promised.
Thanks for the response Gregka. Great info!
gregka likes this.
post #2403 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 12:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post
So guys, after five exchanges, Best Buy has recommended that I go directly through Vizio. They are even going to refund me my Geek Squad protection plan. They were very kind about the situation.

Now I have to deal with Vizio. Hopefully I can get one of these damn sets without all these issues.
My Lord, my man, you are still at it! I admire your tenacity...I would have given up by now. You remind me of my going through 4 Xbox One X's, each with all kinds of issues. And I haven't given up on those yet, despite disconnecting controllers, random shut offs, freezing dashboard (even at first startup), etc. But I digress...I hope you finally get a great one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
I can't speak for anyone in particular but I would guess some of it is marketing, some of it is that with motion interpolation age black frame insertion 120hz can have a smoother picture although at the cost of soe and a loss of brightness.

And some of it comes from early on in LCD tvs when pixel refresh rate wasn't generally good leading to blur and smear that 120hz panels would be clearer by the nature of the fact their pixels had to be fast to refresh to make it 120 times per second.

But nowadays even your most budget 60hz panel has good pixel refresh rates.
Smooth is good. Unnatural, overly fluid motion...bad (for movies). That's my issue, *only* with my PS4 playing Blu Rays or DVD's on this thing (HDMI 5). It's not the TV per se, because movies on Fire Stick 4K input...actually look like movies, not 'live video'. Very distracting and a bit of a bizarre experience. I'm convinced it has to do with the super low-lag HDMI 5 it's connected to. Because if I leave GLL on, for example, movies are all super sped up, like I'm fast forwarding or something. The handling of frames are very sensitive on this input. Not sure if this is a typical reaction by the Viz, but HDMI 5 is unique maybe? Testing a One X BR player soon on diff. HDMI input. I don't like switching HDMI inputs around (don't want to jinx this TV...I know, I know...I'm superstitious...lol), so the PS4 will remain on HDMI 5.

Anyway, all TV settings the same on both inputs. Still, I'll take it...because the TV is so good in general.

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-25-2019 at 12:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2404 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
anyone participating in their appleplay beta testing?

i tried signing up but they make you jump through so many hoops.
post #2405 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I haven't had a chance to go through all the posts in this thread, so I'll come back and edit this when I do, but I just wanted to post my experiences since owning a P55-F1 since January, and see if anyone has some tips:

So I'm coming from a 720p LG plasma. I got the P55-F1, which I'm ~90% happy with, there's just a couple nagging details that I haven't figured out how to remedy.

Input-wise, I have an Onyo TX-NR626 plugged into HDMI1 (for ARC), and plugged into that via HDMI are:
  • OG Xbox One
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Wii U
  • Uverse Cable Box (this only does compressed 1080i, which sucks, but I don't base calibration on it so...)

A non-Ultra Chromecast is plugged into HDMI2, because I wasn't a fan of the built-in SmartCast.

For both TV inputs, I have the following calibration settings (with one difference):

Picture mode: Custom
Auto Brightness Control: Off
Backlight: 60
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 50
Color: 50
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

More Picture menu:
Color Temperature: Computer
Black Detail: Low
Active Full Array: Low
Reduce Judder: 0
Reduce Motion Blur: 0
Clear Action: Off
Reduce Signal Noise: Off
Reduce Block Noise: Off
Game Low Latency: On (off for CC)
Film Mode: Off (on for CC)
Color Space: Auto
Gamma: 2.2

The biggest concern I have is motion/frame processing/whatever it may be called. One caveat -- I absolutely must have GLL on, since the difference is night-and-day, but that poses a problem with using the Xbox for watching Blu-rays because I feel like part of the framey-ness comes from that setting. I don't want the soap opera effect/interpolation, but as it stands now, it just looks... choppy, in a way? Kind of smeary, as well. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Having the Chromecast on a different TV input works as sort of a "control" in my experiments to fix the problem. I thought maybe it had to do with going through the receiver, but nope -- the Chromecast does the same thing. I don't even think using Film Mode instead of GLL really solves it 100%.

Things I haven't tried: a new HDMI cable. I think the one I'm using from receiver to TV is pretty old. But an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable, so I've heard. It could help with the next problem:

Using the Chromecast, I'll get an audio cut-out every ~10min or so. This is likely due to ARC, which may be solved with a new HDMI cable *or* running an optical cable instead. Not sure.

I haven't tried using HDMI5 for 120Hz, either, mainly because I would also need to run optical for the Chromecast.

Finally, I notice the Active Full Array working in some scenes, though mostly with credit rolls. White text scrolling will appear to blink. Not a huge deal, and probably just part of not having enough zones. Comes with the territory, I guess. I don't really want to turn full array off, because I really like the contrast and black level it grants, but I think anything higher than "Low" still won't solve this (and presents other issues, I think).

Looking forward to diving more into this thread!
galonzo likes this.

Last edited by kerj; 04-25-2019 at 08:50 AM.
post #2406 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1299 Post(s)
Liked: 1612
@kerj , you'll want to try Clear Action (Black Frame Insertion), as this setting is supposed to help with motion blur.

Also, the Chromecast can only output at 60Hz, so unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do about that.

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4200W (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.2) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Roku P+
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | AppleTV4K | TiVo Mini
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #2407 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
@kerj , you'll want to try Clear Action (Black Frame Insertion), as this setting is supposed to help with motion blur.

Also, the Chromecast can only output at 60Hz, so unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do about that.
@galonzo , I've gone back and forth on Clear Action. It doesn't seem to solve the issue completely (I'm not sure if motion *blur* is the issue), but I could have too critical of an eye. I might try it on HDMI5 once I pick up an optical cable -- that's the only other way to get audio from CC if I don't use ARC, right?
post #2408 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@kerj , correct, you would need optical if not using ARC for audio back to your AVR. Let us know how it goes!

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4200W (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.2) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Roku P+
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | AppleTV4K | TiVo Mini
post #2409 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 143
New firmware version 2.1.7.1 for the 2018 D, E, M, P and PQ series 4K models.

Hello All, We have released a new firmware version 2.1.7.1 for the 2018 D, E, M, P and PQ series 4K models. This firmware will update the below items:

1. Upgraded the internal CAST version to V1.34.149937.

2. Display support for Dolby Vision Low Latency mode.

3. Added SCPL Version and AirPlay version to system menu.

4. Added support for USB continuous playback (looping selected videos).

5. Fixed an issue where the television may infrequently power ON without audio.

6. Fixed a bug in which Game Low Latency mode is turned on after certain HDMI devices that support Full Color 4:4:4 is connected.

7. Fixed an issue in which the television may become unresponsive during a firmware update.

8. Fixed an issue where sources playing 4K HDR content connected to HDMI 5 results in “no signal”.

9. Fixed an issue where video with DTS audio may not be identified when connected to HDMI 5.

10. Fixed an issue in which playback of video from USB flash drive may cause black screen.

11. Revolved an issue in which some Google Assistant devices were not able to send commands to VIZIO TV's.

This update will be rolling out slowly over the next couple of weeks.

Let us know if you have any further questions or comments.
post #2410 of 2822 Old 04-25-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizioservice View Post
new firmware version 2.1.7.1 for the 2018 d, e, m, p and pq series 4k models.

Display support for dolby vision low latency mode.
yes!!!!!!!!!
post #2411 of 2822 Old 04-26-2019, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

P65-F1 random reboot tonight/pic of defect last month- same HDMI

I've had my new Vizio for about 4 weeks. Tonight, while gaming on my PS4 (HDMI 5) for about 15 minutes, the screen suddenly went black. A few seconds later, the Vizio logo appeared and I realized the TV had reboot itself out of the blue. Although this is the first time the TV has rebooted itself, I did experience a bizarre full-screen glitch on this same HDMI input 3 days after getting the TV, also while PS4 gaming. I've attached the screenshot from that day. That defect stayed onscreen for about 3 minutes, then returned to normal. Sound kept playing during that bizarre pattern.

Some folks on Reddit said the reboot is a sign that either the Motherboard, Logic Board or Power Supply is bad. I will keep a close eye on it, but this is a little troubling.

Anyone else experience either of these issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VizioDefect.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	2558646  

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 04-26-2019 at 08:00 PM.
post #2412 of 2822 Old 04-26-2019, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink Bodin View Post
Then why are native 120hz panels said to have less flicker, general noise, and response time? Those are things that would make a panel appear smoother, and therefore perform differently than a native 60hz panel.

Btw saw this on another thread is a good write up

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/what...-60hz-vs-120hz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D

Gaming and VR videos: www.youtube.com/user/Devedander
post #2413 of 2822 Old 04-28-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 351
P75-F1 owner here. Anyone know of a way to delete useless Smartcast apps?
post #2414 of 2822 Old 04-28-2019, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

One of my favorite things about the Vizio is that it reveals the resolution of streams - including it's internal apps. Thanks to the Vizio, I now know that it's internal Hulu does 1080p. But, Pluto only does 720p (yes, even Pluto's 4K channel!!!).

I wish my ATV4k and Roku Ultra revealed what they are receiving - they always show up as 2160p on the Vizio.

Unfortunately, the Vizio does not display frame rate. I have never understood why manufacturers are so reluctant to display information that is so useful.
post #2415 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to correct black issues in dark scenes? TV has been great, but the last two episodes of GoT has tons of dark scenes and I clearly don't have my set calibrated well/at all. What are the general recommendations for things to look at? Assuming I'm starting from scratch calibrating the display. Thanks! (With 81 pages of thread, I didn't read back through the whole thread)
galonzo likes this.
post #2416 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 07:18 AM
CFC
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
One of my favorite things about the Vizio is that it reveals the resolution of streams - including it's internal apps. Thanks to the Vizio, I now know that it's internal Hulu does 1080p. But, Pluto only does 720p (yes, even Pluto's 4K channel!!!).

I wish my ATV4k and Roku Ultra revealed what they are receiving - they always show up as 2160p on the Vizio.

Unfortunately, the Vizio does not display frame rate. I have never understood why manufacturers are so reluctant to display information that is so useful.
You can see the frame rate information.
It'll be under "System"->"System Information"

CFC

Signature goes here
post #2417 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGrizzzz View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to correct black issues in dark scenes? TV has been great, but the last two episodes of GoT has tons of dark scenes and I clearly don't have my set calibrated well/at all. What are the general recommendations for things to look at? Assuming I'm starting from scratch calibrating the display. Thanks! (With 81 pages of thread, I didn't read back through the whole thread)
All you need to do is go to the input (or internal app) you are using to view the show, and:
  1. Select Menu>>Picture, then
  2. Select either Calibrated for a brighter viewing environment, or Calibrated Dark for a darker space, then
  3. Select Picture Mode Edit >> Reset Picture Mode to make sure you have the default settings

Now that you're a good way toward being reference calibrated, you should be seeing everything as intended. Since the show is currently only available in SDR, you can use the AVSHD brightness pattern to confirm (or tweak) Brightness (which controls what you're seeing in dark scenes) on that input (or if you are using an internal app, you can put that pattern on a USB stick and play it and calibrate brightness that way).
RGrizzzz likes this.

Last edited by galonzo; 04-29-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling error
post #2418 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid$team View Post
Ok.... this is pissing me off. I just got a 75 inch p series. This thing is ****ing awful at motion. I'm watching a basketball game and cant see the names on jerseys from 10 feet away. My 9 year old epson 8500ub is better. Honestly I'm ****ing sick. All the waiting and work to install and my $500 Curved Samsung looks better. 🙄😳🤬🤬 I am hoping there is something I can do to make it better. But right now I'm calling bull**** on rtings.com and every positive review on the 75 p series..... help
==Just wanted to say I too am a new P 75" owner and am having the exact same problem. It works great on Pre-recorded media, but put on the Playoffs Live and it sucks. Blurry and Low Def can't read numbers either, same as you.

I thought it was my Brand New Roku Premiere+ but when I switched to a "SmartCast" feed from my Iphone, got the same results!

Was wondering if you got any help or advice on what to do?

Last edited by bigdolph55; 04-29-2019 at 11:57 AM.
post #2419 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
I read somewhere that no, its actually just the SHOW being too dark not your set. I read an article on gizmodo talking about it and the person writing the article was watching on a calibrated LG OLED B7. There have been more and more shows and movies doing this, a couple of episodes of Walking Dead come to mind.
post #2420 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liffie420 View Post
I read somewhere that no, its actually just the SHOW being too dark not your set. I read an article on gizmodo talking about it and the person writing the article was watching on a calibrated LG OLED B7. There have been more and more shows and movies doing this, a couple of episodes of Walking Dead come to mind.
I'm not totally sure I believe that. I'll give it a try on calibrated dark and see what happens. The dark scenes weren't as bad on my P65-C1 or the KS8000 samsung, but I only checked briefly.
post #2421 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
I'm not totally sure I believe that. I'll give it a try on calibrated dark and see what happens. The dark scenes weren't as bad on my P65-C1 or the KS8000 samsung, but I only checked briefly.
I tried some settings form people on you tube. Didnt seem to make anything better than what I figured out on my own. I can't help you out on dark scene stuff as I have yet to watch much of anything on it except some sports and 4k discs.

I won't say it was a waste of money....but I have a 75 inch below average picture on a TV I bought to watch sports on.... soooo
post #2422 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I tried some settings form people on you tube. Didnt seem to make anything better than what I figured out on my own. I can't help you out on dark scene stuff as I have yet to watch much of anything on it except some sports and 4k discs.

I won't say it was a waste of money....but I have a 75 inch below average picture on a TV I bought to watch sports on.... soooo
The source material/feed quality really matters. I have some planet earth UHD-BR and they look amazing. I was watching a 1080p stream of S7 GoT via Plex, and it looked awesome. Cable/Broadcast TV is lower resolution, and the source is compressed. When the pixels that aren't they are blown up to 65" or 75", it's starts getting really easy to see. My brother has the 75", and some things on cable look downright AWFUL. They shouldn't be allowed to call some things HD when they're compressed as much as they are.
galonzo likes this.
post #2423 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Well I use the 1080p HDMI port with my Roku Ultra and Mcable, and every thing from most of the streaming services looks great with superb black levels. Maybe i am not fully taking advantage of HDR 4k, but with most of the content I watch being 1080p I have a fantastic 1080p picture. I might get another 4k box and connect it to a 4k HDMI port, and just change connections when i want to watch 4k.

Samsung QN55Q8FN / Pioneer Elite SC-81 AV Receiver/ ELAC Uni-Fi B5 Book Shelves/ SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer/ Roku Ultra / Bluesound Node 2 / iFi SPDIF iPurifier/ MiniDSP 2x4 HD
post #2424 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Freaky View Post
I've had my new Vizio for about 4 weeks. Tonight, while gaming on my PS4 (HDMI 5) for about 15 minutes, the screen suddenly went black. A few seconds later, the Vizio logo appeared and I realized the TV had reboot itself out of the blue. Although this is the first time the TV has rebooted itself, I did experience a bizarre full-screen glitch on this same HDMI input 3 days after getting the TV, also while PS4 gaming. I've attached the screenshot from that day. That defect stayed onscreen for about 3 minutes, then returned to normal. Sound kept playing during that bizarre pattern.

Some folks on Reddit said the reboot is a sign that either the Motherboard, Logic Board or Power Supply is bad. I will keep a close eye on it, but this is a little troubling.

Anyone else experience either of these issues?
I've had this issue as well. It started happening about 3 weeks in about once every few days and now it happens at least once a day. I'm not sure what causes it as it happens on all HDMI inputs. I've tried resetting my TV and going through the whole setup again. Definitely a hardware issue it seems like. I'm going to issue a return with Costco shortly.
post #2425 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
While the Vizio is not in the class of an OLED for black levels, the GOT issue falls mainly on the shoulders of HBO and cable tv providers. Cable companies squeeze every channel they can into a limited bandwidth and everything is compressed to hell and back. HBO further piled on by providing a truly lackluster, low bitrate file for broadcast. A week after getting my P65 I realized that upconverting cable tv's content to 4K showed all the flaws so I started using the Showtime, HBO, Starz etc apps on my Roku Ultra. The HBO feed via the app looked better than the cable broadcast (I checked out the replay of GOT via cable..ugh!) but there were still many instances of severe banding and macro blocking.
galonzo likes this.
post #2426 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 09:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_cruiser View Post
I've had this issue as well. It started happening about 3 weeks in about once every few days and now it happens at least once a day. I'm not sure what causes it as it happens on all HDMI inputs. I've tried resetting my TV and going through the whole setup again. Definitely a hardware issue it seems like. I'm going to issue a return with Costco shortly.
Folks, a significant portion of such random issues is a result of the power supply receiving low voltage due to brownouts ... which are more common than you think. Get a UPS. A $50 UPS will keep your expensive gear safe
post #2427 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karelj View Post
While the Vizio is not in the class of an OLED for black levels, the GOT issue falls mainly on the shoulders of HBO and cable tv providers. Cable companies squeeze every channel they can into a limited bandwidth and everything is compressed to hell and back. HBO further piled on by providing a truly lackluster, low bitrate file for broadcast. A week after getting my P65 I realized that upconverting cable tv's content to 4K showed all the flaws so I started using the Showtime, HBO, Starz etc apps on my Roku Ultra. The HBO feed via the app looked better than the cable broadcast (I checked out the replay of GOT via cable..ugh!) but there were still many instances of severe banding and macro blocking.
My P75-F1 looks awesome when fed a high bitrate stream. I primarily use the built in app or the ATV4K
post #2428 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
The source material/feed quality really matters. I have some planet earth UHD-BR and they look amazing. I was watching a 1080p stream of S7 GoT via Plex, and it looked awesome. Cable/Broadcast TV is lower resolution, and the source is compressed. When the pixels that aren't they are blown up to 65" or 75", it's starts getting really easy to see. My brother has the 75", and some things on cable look downright AWFUL. They shouldn't be allowed to call some things HD when they're compressed as much as they are.
I would agree with this. It's most likely an issue with the cable signal. I need a BR disc of a sporting event to compare.
post #2429 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdolph55 View Post
==Just wanted to say I too am a new P 75" owner and am having the exact same problem. It works great on Pre-recorded media, but put on the Playoffs Live and it sucks. Blurry and Low Def can't read numbers either, same as you.

I thought it was my Brand New Roku Premiere+ but when I switched to a "SmartCast" feed from my Iphone, got the same results!

Was wondering if you got any help or advice on what to do?
I wish folks who complain also disclose the internet speed they subscribe to... so we don't climb the wrong solution tree.
post #2430 of 2822 Old 04-29-2019, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_cruiser View Post
Yikes...every day?? Not good at all. The random reboot has only happened once to me in a little more than 4 weeks of ownership. But in general, this TV is the buggiest one I have ever had. Today, once again, the audio went out on my PS4 input. I had just updated the PS4 firmware and rebooted the console and when it came back...no audio. Really strange. I tried switching HDMI inputs and the TV would not switch inputs at all as I tried cycling through them. It gave the 'name' of the input on-screen but stayed on the PS4. I held down the Vizio remote power button for 10 seconds to reboot it, and things seemed ok after that.

While being the buggiest TV I've owned, this is also the one with the best picture. I'm conflicted as to what to do. I have 2 months left to do a Costco 'no questions asked' return. But honestly friends, I'm tired of playing the panel lottery. Not sure how to proceed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page