Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 677Likes

post #2521 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
I had a a board replaced at home in an older VIZIO, takes them just a few minutes. If it really bothers you.
Or get a 4K Amazon firestick from your nearest store and see if you have the same issue. As I mentioned, I only noticed it after you pointed it out and it does not appear to be an issue thru the Amazon 4K firestick. For me VIZIO's smartTV software is too slow, too limited so I do not use it. I actually have firesticks on all my TVs. I just ordered the other day one from China thru E-BAY for $19.89 (includes shipping) - hope I do not get just an empty box as Amazon is selling them for $49.99 plus tax.

Thanks for the insight on changing the board. That makes me feel better about letting them do it.

My main source is an Apple TV, and I really don't want to change it out for a firestick, that's not really an option. And this affects Apple TV just like the native app. I don't use the native apps, I just wanted people to try it on (thanks to you and the couple others that did) the native app to eliminate all the discussion about HDMI cables, source, etc.

A firestick as a backup option to the ATV on the few things this rears its head is an option I guess. I'd like to avoid another thing hooked up, but that might be a workaround.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
I had a a board replaced at home in an older VIZIO, takes them just a few minutes. If it really bothers you.
Or get a 4K Amazon firestick from your nearest store and see if you have the same issue. As I mentioned, I only noticed it after you pointed it out and it does not appear to be an issue thru the Amazon 4K firestick. For me VIZIO's smartTV software is too slow, too limited so I do not use it. I actually have firesticks on all my TVs. I just ordered the other day one from China thru E-BAY for $19.89 (includes shipping) - hope I do not get just an empty box as Amazon is selling them for $49.99 plus tax.

Actually, just saw that the Firestick doesn't have Vudu in Dolby Vision. Since it obviously doesn't have iTunes, a Firestick would pretty much give me access to Netflix Dolby Vision only, and not movies, so that isn't really going to work for me either.
post #2523 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pos1121 View Post
I used to be in agreement with you until an storm a few months back knocked out my Bedroom TV and answering machine on one side of the house and the amp on my subwoofer,work phone modem on the other. But again, if it's a risk you're willing to take....
Certain parts of the country are worse than others. When I lived up north I never even owned a surge protector. But down South is a different matter. Florida has some very vicious lightning storms. Georgia can be bad also.

Samsung QN55Q8FN / Pioneer Elite SC-81 AV Receiver/ Outlaw 5000 Amplifier/ ELAC Uni-Fi B5 Book Shelves/ SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer/ Roku Ultra / Bluesound Node 2 / iFi SPDIF iPurifier/ MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2524 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post
Hey Gregka,

Not yet, I talked to the truck people yesterday. It will be delivered this Monday (the 13th, great sign!). I will absolutely keep everyone here posted. Despite folks having much better luck going directly through Vizio I must admit I'm not too hopeful. If they are not taking it out of the box and testing it I'm not sure what difference there will be. Guess we'll see.

I have also thought about reaching out to other retailers (b n h photo for example), and see if they have any display sets available. There was a guy on here who had good luck with that. Makes senses, because that means they can trouble shoot the issues before sending.

I was watching Cobra Kai last night and the jailbars were insane!
Just noticed a big drop in price (90 day return policy store)...hm....
And I also noticed the 2019 VIZIO QUANTUM models have arrived at the store...

Last edited by gregka; 05-10-2019 at 02:30 PM.
post #2525 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman99 View Post
Certain parts of the country are worse than others. When I lived up north I never even owned a surge protector. But down South is a different matter. Florida has some very vicious lightning storms. Georgia can be bad also.
https://www.yukon-news.com/news/shed...-on-brownouts/
post #2526 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Yeah, like most of us here, I have nothing better to do with my time

New set is going to arrive soon from Vizio directly. I don't have high hopes, but I will keep you all posted on my incredible journey. Maybe they will make a movie about it one day.

If I get another dud, I'll either have to just accept it and live with it, or maybe I'll try my luck with one of those TCL 6's. I should just cave in and get a Q8, but jeez they are expensive.
Good luck, man! I'll be crossing my fingers for you. If you can get a good one, the PQ is excellent. Most impressive when gaming on my basic PS4 console. The colors and sharpness are incredible. Playing "Spider-Man", even on HDMI 5 without HDR, is an amazing experience. I do have some banding and DSE and it is sometimes distracting during panning shots, but I am done playing the Panel Lottery...as long as things stay this way. It just kinda takes over your life and I've got better things to do. That is not to discredit those who are actively searching/returning but at some point, you kinda have to just accept what you have. That's my viewpoint, anyway.
MrVizio likes this.
post #2527 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Just noticed a big drop in price (90 day return policy store)...hm....
And I also noticed the 2019 VIZIO QUANTUM models have arrived at the store...
Bro... can you PM me the info

EDIT: Okay I see it now. They only have some lower tier Quantum color sets. And Yes, big price drop. Hmmm
gregka likes this.

Last edited by MrVizio; 05-10-2019 at 03:08 PM.
post #2528 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Freaky View Post
Good luck, man! I'll be crossing my fingers for you. If you can get a good one, the PQ is excellent. Most impressive when gaming on my basic PS4 console. The colors and sharpness are incredible. Playing "Spider-Man", even on HDMI 5 without HDR, is an amazing experience. I do have some banding and DSE and it is sometimes distracting during panning shots, but I am done playing the Panel Lottery...as long as things stay this way. It just kinda takes over your life and I've got better things to do. That is not to discredit those who are actively searching/returning but at some point, you kinda have to just accept what you have. That's my viewpoint, anyway.
Thanks man. Yeah I agree with you. I'm fine with flaws, but the current set is a hot mess.
DVD Freaky likes this.
post #2529 of 2897 Old 05-10-2019, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Unhappy

Hi guys, I am at my wits end here. My fourth P55 is now on the way to me.

First set got colored horizontal lines after two months, replacement (recertified) set had brown blotches all over the panel, third set has dead pixels and it's brand new. This should not happen with a TV, ever.

I ended up calling Vizio support after they decided to send me my second brand new set through the chat support. I ended up talking to a very nice lady from level 3 support and I was calm but matter of fact about how I am not just done with this set. I don't want a new one. I asked her if there was anything they could do for me because of all this. She said what would you like us to do? She was very empathetic about it and I asked her if I could get an upgrade to the Quantum set or simply a refund. And she said they don't typically do that, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances and in my case there may be one.

She said no one should ever be on their fourth set. She seemed to get it. So she said she would put in a request for me to either get the Quantum or a refund. But I don't even know if I want a refund because then where do I go. I got the TV for $700 and what's that gonna get me? I don't want to downgrade to the TCL6. And I can't afford to put in $400 more for the X900f. So what else is there? This is the best TV for the money in my opinion.

So to conclude, I am a wreck over this. I already have terrible anxiety issues and this is sending me into a constant state of anxiety. Now I have to wait for them to call me and tell me what they decided. And I'm betting they will say there is nothing they can do. I also mentioned just upgrading me to the 65" but that probably would get messed up somehow knowing my luck.

It just seems like this TV is a mess all around. I've seen so many people have problems with it. At the time I could have bought the x900f and damn, do I regret not doing it.

Sorry guys, I just had to get this out. Thank you for listening.
post #2530 of 2897 Old 05-11-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvarck31 View Post

First set got colored horizontal lines after two months, replacement (recertified) set had brown blotches all over the panel, third set has dead pixels and it's brand new. This should not happen with a TV, ever.

I ended up calling Vizio support after they decided to send me my second brand new set through the chat support. I ended up talking to a very nice lady from level 3 support and I was calm but matter of fact about how I am not just done with this set. I don't want a new one. I asked her if there was anything they could do for me because of all this. She said what would you like us to do? She was very empathetic about it and I asked her if I could get an upgrade to the Quantum set or simply a refund. And she said they don't typically do that, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances and in my case there may be one.

She said no one should ever be on their fourth set. She seemed to get it. So she said she would put in a request for me to either get the Quantum or a refund. But I don't even know if I want a refund because then where do I go. I got the TV for $700 and what's that gonna get me? I don't want to downgrade to the TCL6. And I can't afford to put in $400 more for the X900f. So what else is there? This is the best TV for the money in my opinion.

So to conclude, I am a wreck over this. I already have terrible anxiety issues and this is sending me into a constant state of anxiety. Now I have to wait for them to call me and tell me what they decided. And I'm betting they will say there is nothing they can do. I also mentioned just upgrading me to the 65" but that probably would get messed up somehow knowing my luck.

It just seems like this TV is a mess all around. I've seen so many people have problems with it. At the time I could have bought the x900f and damn, do I regret not doing it.

It is a pain in the backside, but my man, don't let it affect you to that degree. If they don't take care of you, get your money back and hold out a couple months. All these sets are about to come down in price.

And I agree, there's so much I love about this Vizio set. But it is clearly a flawed line of sets.

Hopefully things work out for you.
post #2531 of 2897 Old 05-11-2019, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

I’d get that PQ upgrade. You’re getting a free upgrade and if you’re having problems with it, and as long as it’s not catastrophic problems, you still have a high end Vizio that’s better than what you could get at the price you bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
galonzo likes this.
post #2532 of 2897 Old 05-11-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
I’d get that PQ upgrade. You’re getting a free upgrade and if you’re having problems with it, and as long as it’s not catastrophic problems, you still have a high end Vizio that’s better than what you could get at the price you bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's if they offer it to me though. No guarantee. She said she would put in the request. I would be ecstatic if they do, but I'm not holding my breath. If they offer my money back I'll probably take it and just use my old 40 inch LG until I can put a little more money into another TV. Maybe catch the PQ or X900f on sale.
post #2533 of 2897 Old 05-11-2019, 10:26 PM

I have a question about this TV. I know it's supposed to go to 1,000 nits, but I've seen a bunch of different reviews and tests where it's all over the place. Some over 1K and some like in the 800's. Has there been a consensus yet?

Some guy on another forum that's not really dedicated to TVs but has a thread for them told me this TV can't do real HDR and that there is no point in using it for video games or movies. I kinda find that to be absurd considering so many reviews say this TV does great HDR. And personally I think video games look amazing with it, and especially shows and movies in Dolby Vision.
post #2534 of 2897 Old 05-11-2019, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
I have a question about this TV. I know it's supposed to go to 1,000 nits, but I've seen a bunch of different reviews and tests where it's all over the place. Some over 1K and some like in the 800's. Has there been a consensus yet?

Some guy on another forum that's not really dedicated to TVs but has a thread for them told me this TV can't do real HDR and that there is no point in using it for video games or movies. I kinda find that to be absurd considering so many reviews say this TV does great HDR. And personally I think video games look amazing with it, and especially shows and movies in Dolby Vision.
That guy is an idiot. Don't ever listen to anything he has to say.

--------------------
Vizio P65-F1
Onkyo TX-NR676
Sony UBP-X700
-------------------
post #2535 of 2897 Old 05-12-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karelj View Post
That guy is an idiot. Don't ever listen to anything he has to say.
That's what I figured. There seems to be a lot of what I call TV snobs out there. They like to tear you down because they think their TV is better than yours. Not everyone can afford $2500 TVs.
Briguy65 likes this.
post #2536 of 2897 Old 05-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:

I agree HDR and Dolby Vision look great on this TV. Obviously there will always be better TVs for more money, but I find that this TV gets plenty bright enough. That's definitely not one of its problems.
galonzo likes this.
post #2537 of 2897 Old 05-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

My p series 75 measures about 711 nits after calibration just FYI. It's great for hdr. Just trust your eyes Don listen to biased mis information.
post #2538 of 2897 Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I've been messing with this set for a whole now (I'm on my second one in fact after trading one out do to panel uniformity issues on the first one) and wanted to share a few things. For one this tv needs to be left at the medium local dimming setting to properly track the hdr eotf. Also it will need to be in the medium or high setting to get bright enough for hdr. The low setting is sdr only and caps the light out put at somwhere close to 400 nits if I remember correctly. High shouldn't be used as it overshoots the eotf by a little and adds more blooming. Contrast backlight and brightness need to be left at 50 for hdr to be accurate. Sharpness should be at 0. you can't add sharpness that isn't already part of the signal and all that this setting will do is add artifacts that make it seem sharper but it doesn't actually add any detail to the picture.all settings not specifically mentioned or ilistrated in screenshots should be off. I did a full sdr calibration on the TV targeting 100nit light out put at 100 ire and got all measurements bellow Delta e of 3 in color and much lower than that for grayscale blue is somewhat troublesome on this display as seems to be the case with alot of displays. I targeted BT 1886 for the gamma curve. I attempted to do an HDR calibration and I managed to get good looking charts but terrible looking pictures so what I ended up doing is transferring my SDR settings over to HDR and the end result was beautiful. I cannot confirm if it's actually calibrated per say but I have trained eyes and I can tell a accurate image from an inaccurate one and to my eye this looks excellent certainly much better than default settings with nothing looking unatural. I would recommend people who have the equipment that are having trouble with HDR calibration to try this approach and tell me what they think maybe my issue was that I was using HDR patterns on a USB stick plugged into the USB port on the TV. it seems a little glitchy. For SDR I used a 4k firestick as the patter generator along with Calman's mobileforge software pattern generator. I will share my settings here for anybody who is interested however take it with a grain of salt as every TV is different due to manufacturing tolerances even across the same models. FYI I calibrated my TV using calman software and an eye One display LT colorimeter profiled with a Eye one pro spectroradiometer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231823_1557718800542.png
Views:	88
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	2565976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231845_1557718862855.png
Views:	77
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2565978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231909_1557718900911.png
Views:	71
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2565980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231917_1557718953036.png
Views:	65
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2565982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231923_1557719005097.png
Views:	72
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2565986  

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231931_1557719055571.png
Views:	64
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2565988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231936_1557719085908.png
Views:	66
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	2565990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231944_1557719121578.png
Views:	68
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	2565992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231949_1557719141343.png
Views:	60
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	2565994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231954_1557719178094.png
Views:	65
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	2565996  

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-231959_1557719233668.png
Views:	57
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	2565998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232004_1557719256553.png
Views:	57
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	2566000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232011_1557719292478.png
Views:	55
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	2566002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232017_1557719311976.png
Views:	54
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2566004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232024_1557719357817.png
Views:	55
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2566006  

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232030_1557719367468.png
Views:	50
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	2566008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232035_1557719375996.png
Views:	51
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2566010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190419-232042_1557719398164.png
Views:	64
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2566012  
Bigwave, galonzo and MrVizio like this.
post #2539 of 2897 Old 05-13-2019, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
"To ARC or NOT to ARC. That is the question."

Have had the P75-F1 for a little over a month now. After getting acquainted with the unit, did some minor tweaks and adjusted the picture settings to best fit my viewing room and, overall, pleased with the purchase. Quality and features are a definite step up from previous display.

One area that I wanted to improve was the sound quality. Already have a fairly robust home theater / HiFi system for watching movies, etc but it is overkill for OTA and casual viewing. So, picked up a Yamaha YAS-108 / ATS-1080 sound bar from Amazon. This is a nice unit that supports HDMI/ARC, has HDMI pass thru, optical, RCA / Analogue and BT (will support two devices). Due to the way we want to use the sound bar (and remotes), the preferred method of connection is HDMI / ARC. And the games begin.

Long story short is that I am able to get it to work but it is flaky. Configured thru the HDMI 1 input on the Vizio. Set the "System/CEC" option to "ARC / ONLY" (more on that later). The set will easily "see" the Yamaha while doing a device search thru the System/CEC menu. Typically, when I power up the P75, it will start the sound bar after Vizio completes boot/init. But, there is no volume control. I discovered that if I toggle the power on the Yamaha, everything will work perfectly after the Yamaha comes back up.

At this stage, I'm not sure if the problem is in the Vizio or Yamaha. BTW, I don't think anything has changed on the settings of the Yamaha. There is a "INFO" button on the remote that will activate LED's on the top of the unit to show status. The settings within the Yamaha appear to remain the same before and after toggling the power on the Yamaha. Obviously, I don't want to have to manually toggle the sound bar every time I turn on the unit.

One other item that I discovered in the process is that cable boxes don't seem to play nice with other HDMI devices attached to the Vizio. I was able to get things fairly stable with CEC enabled for a Sony BluRay player until I connected the cable box and it just blew the CEC settings away. Not a big deal because I prefer to use a Logitech 650 Universal Remote for operating peripherals...though it would be nice to have the option to use the Vizio remote.

I think I'm doing it right. Can anyone offer any insights on how to eliminate the need to toggle the power on the Yamaha?
post #2540 of 2897 Old 05-13-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:

EDIT: Okay I see it now. They only have some lower tier Quantum color sets. And Yes, big price drop. Hmmm
Looks like another big price drop for the top of the line...
https://www.costco.com/.product.1004...9_0513_HotBuys
post #2541 of 2897 Old 05-13-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Looks like another big price drop for the top of the line, started today
post #2542 of 2897 Old 05-13-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Looks like another big price drop for the top of the line, started today
Lol I clicked on the link and it said product not found!
post #2543 of 2897 Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Lol I clicked on the link and it said product not found!
Out of stock online but was avail at the local C. store today, 1,149.99 PQ65-F1
post #2544 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInFL View Post
Have had the P75-F1 for a little over a month now. After getting acquainted with the unit, did some minor tweaks and adjusted the picture settings to best fit my viewing room and, overall, pleased with the purchase. Quality and features are a definite step up from previous display.

One area that I wanted to improve was the sound quality. Already have a fairly robust home theater / HiFi system for watching movies, etc but it is overkill for OTA and casual viewing. So, picked up a Yamaha YAS-108 / ATS-1080 sound bar from Amazon. This is a nice unit that supports HDMI/ARC, has HDMI pass thru, optical, RCA / Analogue and BT (will support two devices). Due to the way we want to use the sound bar (and remotes), the preferred method of connection is HDMI / ARC. And the games begin.

Long story short is that I am able to get it to work but it is flaky. Configured thru the HDMI 1 input on the Vizio. Set the "System/CEC" option to "ARC / ONLY" (more on that later). The set will easily "see" the Yamaha while doing a device search thru the System/CEC menu. Typically, when I power up the P75, it will start the sound bar after Vizio completes boot/init. But, there is no volume control. I discovered that if I toggle the power on the Yamaha, everything will work perfectly after the Yamaha comes back up.

At this stage, I'm not sure if the problem is in the Vizio or Yamaha. BTW, I don't think anything has changed on the settings of the Yamaha. There is a "INFO" button on the remote that will activate LED's on the top of the unit to show status. The settings within the Yamaha appear to remain the same before and after toggling the power on the Yamaha. Obviously, I don't want to have to manually toggle the sound bar every time I turn on the unit.

One other item that I discovered in the process is that cable boxes don't seem to play nice with other HDMI devices attached to the Vizio. I was able to get things fairly stable with CEC enabled for a Sony BluRay player until I connected the cable box and it just blew the CEC settings away. Not a big deal because I prefer to use a Logitech 650 Universal Remote for operating peripherals...though it would be nice to have the option to use the Vizio remote.

I think I'm doing it right. Can anyone offer any insights on how to eliminate the need to toggle the power on the Yamaha?
I have the Costco version of this Yamaha sound bar. I can't comment regarding controlling the sound bar via CEC as I use a Harmony remote, however, I will say that I have had several issues using HDMI/ARC with my P65 and finally just gave up and use optical. The Smartcast apps, especially Netflix would have the sound stopped midway through, or just not work at all, it was completely random. Had it happen a few times with some other apps and cable box as well. I do have my 4k bluray player connected directly to the sound bar via HDMI, everything else optical as I have disabled ARC/CEC on the Vizio. I know there have been some others that reported some issue with ARC on these sets, however, in this case I think that the fault falls mainly on the Yamaha. I have sporadic issues with no picture via the HDMI passthru sometimes and have to power cycle the sound bar to resolve. If I get ambitious I might try to see if the ARC issues have been resolved with the latest Vizio firmware, however I have been satisfied enough just using optical, and again I think the sound bar is the issue not the Vizio.
post #2545 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Maybe I don’t remember doing it but I noticed my calibrated settings for DOLBY vision have color now set at 58 in both normal and dark......did I do that or was there an update.....I’m usually pretty good at remembering things.....

Edit just checked an HDR10 movie and that’s still set to 50 for color in both Dark and Normal calibration modes

Last edited by MASKOAA; 05-14-2019 at 01:52 PM.
post #2546 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKOAA View Post
Maybe I don’t remember doing it but I noticed my calibrated settings for DOLBY vision have color now set at 58 in both normal and dark......did I do that or was there an update.....I’m usually pretty good at remembering things.....

Edit just checked an HDR10 movie and that’s still set to 50 for color in both Dark and Normal calibration modes
The 58 on DV was from the latest update. I think people here mentioned doing a soft power cycle and it returned to 50. Or you could do it manually, obviously. The real question is whether this was intended by vizio when watching DV or a hiccup with the update.

The world may never know....
post #2547 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
The 58 on DV was from the latest update. I think people here mentioned doing a soft power cycle and it returned to 50. Or you could do it manually, obviously. The real question is whether this was intended by vizio when watching DV or a hiccup with the update.

The world may never know....
The question is ...which setting looks better to the viewer?

--------------------
Vizio P65-F1
Onkyo TX-NR676
Sony UBP-X700
-------------------
post #2548 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I had one of these 75" Models about 6 months ago. Had massive issues with jailbars, bad backlighting flashing and obvious switching of zones visible. Not refined at all and looked like garbage...

Now, it is on sale for $1399 from Costco. And it sounds like SOME people get lucky and get a panel without these issues? Or is it they can't see them as well?

Anyway, irresistible at that price? It's either that or $2000+ more for the 85" Sony. Honestly the Sony will be too big in my space. Only 9ft away. Have the 82" Q6 being replaced. Should this be a safe bet?

How prevalent are the issues? Sounds like support will repair and replace pretty easily...
post #2549 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
I am very happy with my P75-F1. I bought a display model from B&H and it has no DSE. I have a B6 OLED and this one comes close
cueball73 likes this.
post #2550 of 2897 Old 05-14-2019, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 31
That's a yuge endorsement! Compared to the OLED. No major issues on dark scenes with light objects showing the backlighting squares switching from section to section? That drover me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umenon View Post
I am very happy with my P75-F1. I bought a display model from B&H and it has no DSE. I have a B6 OLED and this one comes close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page