Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 91 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 683Likes

post #2701 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post
Great deal! Too bad its already expired lol
Do you care to test a 6th VIZIO? Costco seems to have lowered the price again.
https://slickdeals.net/f/13117657-co...#post127901512
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
Gregka with the deals!

That's another solid deal, but since I'm holding onto the TV for a return of the newer models, guessing the reduced price doesn't matter for me.
post #2703 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Gregka with the deals!

That's another solid deal, but since I'm holding onto the TV for a return of the newer models, guessing the reduced price doesn't matter for me.
Tried :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2704 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Wise choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTJoe View Post
Quote:
Did Costco deliver or did you pick it up. Yeah I'd give it about a week and try and just enjoy the set. But after that, if there are still things that are effecting the viewing experience in a negative way, do a return.

I did 5 returns and never found satisfaction, but others here have exchanged their sets for ones that didn't have the issues (or at least not bad enough to bother them).

Or as Cueball mentioned, maybe those people are partially blind.
lol
Costco delivered it...why do you ask? 5 Returns!! Hopefully not a 75", I have no idea how to get it to the store as of right now. Will probably go Sammy instead of playing the lottery again. Thanks.
post #2705 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 32
That’s a hard pass for me. Life is WAYYYYY too short!

Quote:
Quote:
Great deal! Too bad its already expired lol
post #2706 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Tried :-)
Lol Thanks!
post #2707 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 28
No one has any reaction to my post about the unsecured WiFi network the Vizio puts out, when turned on? Wow...ok. I wrote to the critics at rtings.com about it and it seems they have just written a long response to me, so I will go check it out. The "Living Room TV" Vizio WiFi network was the only available network on my devices with an asterisk that displayed a warning that I might be "visible to others" while on this network. It is completely unsecured and definitely did freak me out. From what I am reading, there is no way to prevent the Vizio from sending out this WiFi network. Basically, whatever you call your TV (whether "Living Room TV" or something else) will be the name of the WiFi network the TV puts out. This has NOTHING to do with the internet connection on the TV itself, for playing built-in apps, etc. When you turn the TV off, that WiFi network will disappear from your available networks list on your devices.

I also asked skschatsman (the guru on the Quantum forum) and he said the Vizio's SSID supposedly can not be exploited because it is meant to be for SmartCasting. Really surprised no one has mentioned this or seen this before on their available WiFi network list on their devices, while the TV is powered on. There are several online threads about this (on Reddit too). Here's one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VIZIO_Offic...sting_an_ssid/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball73 View Post
Life is too short for this TV. If cameras never panned in content, maybe everything would be ok. But the minute a pan happens in a scene with any dynamic info, you instantly see the flashing/shadows/backlight/jailbar/dimming zones of this garbage TV. I tried again. Like a fool. I don’t think I even want to try for the upgrade to the 2019 models. Might just go with a Sammy on their upgrade program.
Quote:
No he's right. I've had 5 of these 75 sets. At certain times it looks spectacular, but once that camera starts moving... WATCH OUT!

I guess a practical solution would be to just watch content with no camera movement. But what fun is that?!
The guys at rtings.com told me most lighting issues can be solved by turning the FALD either down or completely off. That does kind of make for a duller picture though. For me, sometimes I have distracting lighting issues...sometimes I don't. I think content may have something to do with it. Generally, I find the higher quality of the content, the better the lighting is...even with panning shots. Sometimes, I find a kind of "glowing" or shimmering effect in the middle of the screen, with some lighting.

Blu-Rays generally look great on this TV but I am very disappointed in the PQ of DVD's. That's the only source that consistently looks very poor/grainy on this TV. Kinda strange with the upscaling, cause my Base PS4 gaming looks amazing on the same input. Netflix/streaming apps via Fire Stick 4K look really good. I am playing my DVD's via my PS4 and wonder if there might be any settings on the console that would improve DVD playback quality. Don't think there's any menu options on the Viz that improve DVD playback. Some of them can't be changed when I have a DVD on...says only analog sources.

Last edited by DVD Freaky; 05-31-2019 at 07:27 PM.
post #2708 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Yep, 5 returns of the 75. But it was fairly pain free. Best Buy delivered it and picked it up each time. So my only hassle was reconnecting stuff, passwords, settings, etc.

That's why I asked about Costco. If they offer to do an in home exchange (like BB does), than you could try another one.

It's a shame as this TV has the best picture for the price imo, but than there's those issues that many have run into. Again, as someone mentioned earlier, people don't rush to this forum to rave over and over again about how great their new TV is. So maybe its not as big an issue as it appears to be. But 5 times was enough for me.
I saw some one on SD post Costco will pickup if it was delivered. I'll call tomorrow and check. I found out the box actually does fit in my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee so I can still return myself but if they will come and get it so be it.
post #2709 of 2952 Old 05-31-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTJoe View Post
I saw some one on SD post Costco will pickup if it was delivered. I'll call tomorrow and check. I found out the box actually does fit in my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee so I can still return myself but if they will come and get it so be it.
Yeah, always better to have them get it. That way if it gets damaged during transit, your not responsible. Keep us posted!
post #2710 of 2952 Old 06-01-2019, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Freaky View Post
very disappointed in the PQ of DVD's. That's the only source that consistently looks very poor/grainy on this TV.
I have been pretty much the only raving about the picture quality of my P75 on this forum. But yes, I do concede that this TV is awful at upscaling anything below 1080p. Luckily, my Denon 3400 receiver does an incredible job of upscaling those sources. Also my Samsung 8500 4K Bluray player offers the same upscaling. Having said that, I rarely watch 480i/p.

Last evening, we had friends over and we watched a little bit of Our Planet. There is one scene in the beginning of Ep1 where the camera (drone?) flies between orange colored rocks with tons of birds on them - I heard a collective WOW! from the group.

I got my set as a like-new floor demo from B&H. I suspect they left this set on for several hours a day on the showroom floor. I don't have any of the issues folks come here to report. I am not sure if they would find this TV to improve after several hours of use.

Yes, it's not as spectacular as my LG OLED but it's cheap and the black level is very close to my OLED.
DVD Freaky, galonzo and 08CivicSi like this.
post #2711 of 2952 Old 06-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Bought a 75" 2018 Samsung NU7100 for 699$ on clearance from Walmart a few weeks ago...which led me to want more, so i ordered the P75 from Costco last week to compare the two of them. I understand you always hear more people's issues than praises, but you guys have me scared now...guess i'll see in a few days which, if any, issues my set will have. Ill give it one shot, not going to try and swap it if it sucks. I'll just keep the NU7100 and live with it being a "base" model, lol.
post #2712 of 2952 Old 06-01-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08CivicSi View Post
Bought a 75" 2018 Samsung NU7100 for 699$ on clearance from Walmart a few weeks ago...which led me to want more, so i ordered the P75 from Costco last week to compare the two of them. I understand you always hear more people's issues than praises, but you guys have me scared now...guess i'll see in a few days which, if any, issues my set will have. Ill give it one shot, not going to try and swap it if it sucks. I'll just keep the NU7100 and live with it being a "base" model, lol.
I had the NU7100 75 inch set for a few weeks. For daytime viewing (or with lights on at night) it was perfectly fine. But once the lights go down, the black levels are pretty bad. The Vizio will blow it away in this category. My biggest issue with the Sammy, however, was that HDR content looked HORRIBLE. The entire set dims to the point where it was unwatchable for me.

It was odd, because I have a sammy 6300 from a few years ago and HDR content on it is totally fine. Figured the 7100 would be a step up, or at least the same. But nope.

Overall, the Vizio is going to be a pretty significant step up in image quality. However, it's riddled with issues for a lot of us. Will be curious to hear about your experience once you get it.
galonzo likes this.
post #2713 of 2952 Old 06-01-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I had the NU7100 75 inch set for a few weeks. For daytime viewing (or with lights on at night) it was perfectly fine. But once the lights go down, the black levels are pretty bad. The Vizio will blow it away in this category. My biggest issue with the Sammy, however, was that HDR content looked HORRIBLE. The entire set dims to the point where it was unwatchable for me.

It was odd, because I have a sammy 6300 from a few years ago and HDR content on it is totally fine. Figured the 7100 would be a step up, or at least the same. But nope.

Overall, the Vizio is going to be a pretty significant step up in image quality. However, it's riddled with issues for a lot of us. Will be curious to hear about your experience once you get it.
I don't HATE the 7100, but it just doesn't get very bright for HDR and the motion bothers me...not sure if the Vizio will be any better in that regard but hopefully the 120hz will help. And I also have a 55" 6300 that I got on clearance at Walmart a couple of years ago and absolutely love it. Ill have the Vizio Wednesday and will post an update once I set it up.
post #2714 of 2952 Old 06-01-2019, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 28
If someone has an Xbox One X and using it with your P Series, would love to see some screenshots/pics...considering whether or not to try for the console again. Just kept getting buggy ones. Also, my PS4 has been great on the Viz.
post #2715 of 2952 Old 06-02-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I don't HATE the 7100, but it just doesn't get very bright for HDR and the motion bothers me...not sure if the Vizio will be any better in that regard but hopefully the 120hz will help. And I also have a 55" 6300 that I got on clearance at Walmart a couple of years ago and absolutely love it. Ill have the Vizio Wednesday and will post an update once I set it up.
Yeah I love my 6300 too for the price. For sure, please keep us posted.
post #2716 of 2952 Old 06-04-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
There is no question, VIZIO P 2018 is BRIGHT, you may even have to lower the brightness. It is way much better than the 71000, better than NU8000 which is better than the 2019 model RU8000, and better than Q6FN. The only question is, did you also get a good panel?
MrVizio likes this.
post #2717 of 2952 Old 06-04-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Great price for a 75 inch. I have noticed vertical lines on the display model in TWO Costco stores ( 75 inch) but that is probably just a coincidence.
post #2718 of 2952 Old 06-04-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
There is no question, VIZIO P 2018 is BRIGHT, you may even have to lower the brightness. It is way much better than the 71000, better than NU8000 which is better than the 2019 model RU8000, and better than Q6FN. The only question is, did you also get a good panel?
Quote:
Great price for a 75 inch. I have noticed vertical lines on the display model in TWO Costco stores ( 75 inch) but that is probably just a coincidence.
After playing with the 7100 calibration more i'm pretty happy with it, i even turned on the dreaded auto motion plus at a low level and it hasn't bothered me. Delivery today for the Vizio (6/5) so we'll see if it can impress me for $700 more that the Samsung. Costco around me doesn't stock the 75" so i had to order online...seems like it has taken forever! Purchased last Sunday (5/26). Wish i could have found one in store so i could check it out before buying.
post #2719 of 2952 Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:

Delivered and set up...played with some settings and ran the dirty screen test from YouTube and I don't see any glaring issues. Dolby vision from Our Planet on Netflix is pretty awesome!
galonzo and MrVizio like this.
post #2720 of 2952 Old 06-05-2019, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Local Costco is selling off their last 2018 P - a 65" that they used as a display model - $600. I almost pulled the trigger on the spot, $600 for one of these is basically getting the bump from 55" to 65" for free. I hesitated though, as a Costco display model for a year has started its life running awful hard...

They had a bunch of the lower-tier 2019 M Quantums stacked below it: $530 for 55", 16 FALD zones, 400 nits. That's a LOT less TV for not a lot less money.
post #2721 of 2952 Old 06-05-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXpilot View Post
Local Costco is selling off their last 2018 P - a 65" that they used as a display model - $600. I almost pulled the trigger on the spot, $600 for one of these is basically getting the bump from 55" to 65" for free. I hesitated though, as a Costco display model for a year has started its life running awful hard...

They had a bunch of the lower-tier 2019 M Quantums stacked below it: $530 for 55", 16 FALD zones, 400 nits. That's a LOT less TV for not a lot less money.
I've always been of the belief that if an electronic is working solid after a year of constant use, it's probably gonna last forever. For that price I would grab it.
galonzo likes this.
post #2722 of 2952 Old 06-05-2019, 06:44 PM

So i set up the P75 beside my NU7100 and really wanted to like the P75...but i just couldnt justify the extra $700 over my clearance 7100, lol. The laggy interface of the P75 really turned me off. HDR and Dolby from Netflix was awesome, but i also couldn't get used to the blooming from the FALD even while it was set to "low". Dirty screen test didn't show anything that stood out to me. Could see some jailbars, but i dont think most "normal" watchers would notice them and they only bothered me when i looked for them and i also did have the backlight turned up sort of high. Motion looked excellent. If i wouldnt have gotten the clearance 7100 i would definitely keep the P75 and get a 4k firestick to avoid the smart features on the TV.
post #2723 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 205 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5149 Post(s)
Liked: 3621
Quote:
So i set up the P75 beside my NU7100 and really wanted to like the P75...but i just couldnt justify the extra $700 over my clearance 7100, lol. The laggy interface of the P75 really turned me off. HDR and Dolby from Netflix was awesome, but i also couldn't get used to the blooming from the FALD even while it was set to "low". Dirty screen test didn't show anything that stood out to me. Could see some jailbars, but i dont think most "normal" watchers would notice them and they only bothered me when i looked for them and i also did have the backlight turned up sort of high. Motion looked excellent. If i wouldnt have gotten the clearance 7100 i would definitely keep the P75 and get a 4k firestick to avoid the smart features on the TV.
They don't even compare. The Samsung is an edge lit TV with no local dimming so blacks don't compare. The Vizio is 3 times brighter and supports Dolby Vision HDR.

If you only watch TV in a day lit room and at night with lots of light then I could understand why the blacks are ok in the nu7100.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sony LCD Master Series Calibration Thread
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (5.0.14.1).
Sony XBR-75Z9F, Vizio P75-C1, Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One(X), Wii, NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, FireTV 4K-HDR, HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
post #2724 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
The TVs are not even close in pic quality.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...&threshold=0.1

By the way, I just got an additional 4K firestick directly from Amazon, refurbished, perfect for less than $30
Certified Refurbished Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player
by Amazon
galonzo likes this.
post #2725 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:

By the way, I just got an additional 4K firestick directly from Amazon, refurbished, perfect for less than $30
Certified Refurbished Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player
by Amazon
Yeah I don't think he was comparing their pic quality, I just think for almost double the price he was happy to just stay with the 7100.

And question, I noticed only the firestick supports DV, not the fire tv. That means I wouldn't be able to have the Internet hard wired. How well does the fire stick stream using wifi? Is it a noticeable downgrade in image quality? A lot of lagging? I know this obviously depends on my Internet, but just curious. Odd to me that the fire tv doesn't have the same features as the stick.
post #2726 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:

by Amazon
I never said they were close in picture quality. And i saw that 4k firestick deal and almost jumped on it, may wait and see what "Prime Day" offers this year.
post #2727 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah I don't think he was comparing their pic quality, I just think for almost double the price he was happy to just stay with the 7100.

And question, I noticed only the firestick supports DV, not the fire tv. That means I wouldn't be able to have the Internet hard wired. How well does the fire stick stream using wifi? Is it a noticeable downgrade in image quality? A lot of lagging? I know this obviously depends on my Internet, but just curious. Odd to me that the fire tv doesn't have the same features as the stick.
Not sure about Fire TV info, but i saw that you can buy an Amazon official ethernet adapter for the Firestick.
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Ethern...gateway&sr=8-3
MrVizio and gregka like this.

Last edited by 08CivicSi; 06-06-2019 at 07:50 PM.
post #2728 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:

The 4K firestick is very fast. No lag comparing to TV's smart software. Also speed numbers are higher comparing to TV's WIFI.

If your router is really close you can use an ethernet adapter for the 4K firestick - depending on your internet speed this works if you only care to get up to 100 Mbps ( I get a lot more via WIFI ):

https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Adap...gateway&sr=8-6

Last edited by gregka; 06-06-2019 at 08:02 PM.
post #2729 of 2952 Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Not sure about Fire TV info, but i saw that you can buy an Amazon official ethernet adapter for the Firestick.
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Ethern...gateway&sr=8-3
oh cool!
post #2730 of 2952 Old 06-07-2019, 09:58 AM

The 5 Best QLED TVs - Spring 2019 - VIZIO P Q

VIZIO P series (Quantum) scores really high - 57 TVs tested.

The 5 Best QLED TVs - Spring 2019

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-type/qled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page