Official Vizio P Series 2018 (P55-F1, P65-F1, P75-F1) Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 705Likes

post #2851 of 3025 Old 08-10-2019, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 63
So Vizio had given me an RA# for my last P75 (number 6). The quantum x just dropped in price, so I'm going to pay the difference and go with that one. If anyone is on the fence between these two sets I'll be happy to let you know once I get it (23rd of this month).
gregka likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 3025 Old 08-13-2019, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
p-65 Resolution changes randomly when playing Video games

I have a strange issue that may or may not be happening to others. I notice when I play some video games that are rendered at 720p or a system(Nintendo Switch) that can render at 720p, Will randomly switch and the image on screen will look "interlaced" or jaggy for a while until the image fixes itself. It seems to only happen on my Nintendo Switch and My PlayStation Classic system. Ive tried multiple HDMI cables. I think it may be something to do with the TV trying to switch between 720p and 1080p. Hard to explain really.
post #2853 of 3025 Old 08-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortizthx1138 View Post
I have a strange issue that may or may not be happening to others. I notice when I play some video games that are rendered at 720p or a system(Nintendo Switch) that can render at 720p, Will randomly switch and the image on screen will look "interlaced" or jaggy for a while until the image fixes itself. It seems to only happen on my Nintendo Switch and My PlayStation Classic system. Ive tried multiple HDMI cables. I think it may be something to do with the TV trying to switch between 720p and 1080p. Hard to explain really.
Are you talking about dynamic resolution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2854 of 3025 Old 08-14-2019, 06:04 AM

Im assuming? but the problem is that when its changes the picture looks bad. Like its only showing one of the two interlaced images.
post #2855 of 3025 Old 08-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Casting to my tv hasn’t shown up since the latest update.... on my phone it only shows my Apple TV but not my tv.....
post #2856 of 3025 Old 08-18-2019, 05:13 PM
wlp

P75-F1 COMPOSITE input NOT WORKING.

New P75-F1. Everything seems to work EXCEPT for the COMPOSITE INPUT.
The component input seem to work, but when I run a composite signal into just the green jack, no input signal is found.
Vizio support offered to send someone out to repair it, but because I can view a component signal using the same jack, I suspect Firmware.
Info screes shows "Version 2.1.7.1". Firmware says "up to date".

Anyone else seeing this?
post #2857 of 3025 Old 08-19-2019, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 51
New Firmware update today 3.0.8.2 - 2

New Firmware update today 3.0.8.2 - 2 VIZIO P SERIES
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	2604800  
galonzo likes this.
post #2858 of 3025 Old 08-19-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKOAA View Post
Casting to my tv hasn’t shown up since the latest update.... on my phone it only shows my Apple TV but not my tv.....
New update today
post #2859 of 3025 Old 08-19-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Ok, thanks for confirming. What's weird is on one custom picture setting, the backlight, brightness, and contrast won't change between HDR and SDR. When I tried my other custom picture setting (I have one for SDR and one for HDR), they did. But there were a few that did not change, and it seems that is the way it is. I will have to decide if it's worth it to me to change those settings between HDR/SDR and keep jumping between two custom picture settings.

Thank you!
check again as there is a new firmware update
post #2860 of 3025 Old 08-20-2019, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Hey All. Trying to confirm an issue I've been having with Dolby Vision and an Xbox running VUDU after the 3.0 update, so if anyone has that specific setup I'd appreciate check it out! I've already had another colleague with a P55 confirm (who just got the update), but want to double check.

Long and short is that I have a PQ65 that post update has washed out DV using the VUDU app on Xbox. It was fine beforehand, but afterwards its very obviously washed out. I assume that the DV profile the console uses is different than the streaming one due to the built in app working 100% fine without issue. Either the Xbox or the set are mismatching and not sure where / how to proceed. So if anyone with the aforementioned setup could check playback that'd be awesome.

Someone suggested that the colorspace set to 'Auto' is not correctly pulling YCbCr vs RGB and changing that does cause the image to look darker but it is then TOO dark - crushing all color/contrast.

Thank you!
post #2861 of 3025 Old 08-20-2019, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I received the firmware update today but no changelog is supplied and I can't find anything on their site.
If anyone finds it or finds anything that was updated, let me know and I'll update the first thread.

Edit..This appears to be the airplay update.
I dont know what else is new or fixed.

TV: Vizio P75-F1 (2018) AVR: Yamaha RX-V683
Speakers: Polk S60 Towers / S35 Center / S20 Bookshelf Speakers / Atlantic Technology 262 PBM Sub

TV: 55LW5600 (mfg date 3/11) AVR: Pioneer VSX-45

Last edited by fox1541; 08-20-2019 at 02:54 PM.
post #2862 of 3025 Old 08-21-2019, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamoleparty View Post
Hey All. Trying to confirm an issue I've been having with Dolby Vision and an Xbox running VUDU after the 3.0 update, so if anyone has that specific setup I'd appreciate check it out! I've already had another colleague with a P55 confirm (who just got the update), but want to double check.

Long and short is that I have a PQ65 that post update has washed out DV using the VUDU app on Xbox. It was fine beforehand, but afterwards its very obviously washed out. I assume that the DV profile the console uses is different than the streaming one due to the built in app working 100% fine without issue. Either the Xbox or the set are mismatching and not sure where / how to proceed. So if anyone with the aforementioned setup could check playback that'd be awesome.

Someone suggested that the colorspace set to 'Auto' is not correctly pulling YCbCr vs RGB and changing that does cause the image to look darker but it is then TOO dark - crushing all color/contrast.

Thank you!
Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue regarding a severely washed out image via the Vudu App with Dolby Vision content. I've also had issues over the past 2 days where the TV will randomly freeze, then restart. My TV autoupdated, so I actually wasn't aware there was an update. Xbox One X and P65-F1 combo.
post #2863 of 3025 Old 08-21-2019, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I don't have an xbox1 but through my apple 4k TV Dolby vision works perfect and through the TV of course. I haven't really noticed any bugs after installing the newest update but time will tell ...now I did reset the tv to factory settings right after the update because it didn't work right but I've done that after every firmware update on both my vizio smart cast TVs
post #2864 of 3025 Old 08-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone notice the built in apps saturation is slightly higher than any device connected to the tv? Not sure if the actual streams are more saturated too but I can def tell the interface graphics of things like box art in Vudu or thumbnails in YouTube have a higher red push in the built in apps
post #2865 of 3025 Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadseven View Post
I don't have an xbox1 but through my apple 4k TV Dolby vision works perfect and through the TV of course. I haven't really noticed any bugs after installing the newest update but time will tell ...now I did reset the tv to factory settings right after the update because it didn't work right but I've done that after every firmware update on both my vizio smart cast TVs
Yeah, both my colleague and I reset the TV to factory and re-ran all configuration. I didnt notice any AirPlay DV playback issues, nor was there anything wrong while using the built in VUDU app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joquito View Post
Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue regarding a severely washed out image via the Vudu App with Dolby Vision content. I've also had issues over the past 2 days where the TV will randomly freeze, then restart. My TV autoupdated, so I actually wasn't aware there was an update. Xbox One X and P65-F1 combo.
TV hasnt frozen or anything here, but Im glad im not the only one with VUDU issues while using the Xbox app. It must be how the Xbox uses the DV low latency profile to stream it. I need to find the contact info for them to report it I guess.
post #2866 of 3025 Old 08-22-2019, 12:19 PM

Backlight stays on for a while after update?

I semi recently(almost a month) got the P75 F model and notice this weird issue presumably after the update. The backlight seems to stay on after turning the tv off. Doesn't seem to do it permanently, but it stays for a concerning amount of time (seems over 3 hours and is fully off when i wake up the next morning. I tried a soft reset and that didn't seem to work. Anyone else notice this after the recent update?
post #2867 of 3025 Old 08-22-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswitch View Post
I semi recently(almost a month) got the P75 F model and notice this weird issue presumably after the update. The backlight seems to stay on after turning the tv off. Doesn't seem to do it permanently, but it stays for a concerning amount of time (seems over 3 hours and is fully off when i wake up the next morning. I tried a soft reset and that didn't seem to work. Anyone else notice this after the recent update?
Do a hard reset. No issues here.
galonzo likes this.
post #2868 of 3025 Old 08-23-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregka View Post
Do a hard reset. No issues here.
Great I'll try that. Thanks!
post #2869 of 3025 Old 08-23-2019, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 28
What does damage to the anti-glare coating look like?

I noticed a smudge or small fleck on my P65-F1 yesterday. Should have left well enough alone but with the tv off, I took a small micro-fiber cloth (the kind you use on eyeglasses) and applied a bit of pressure (not a ton) in a circular motion to get the smudge out. I did *not* apply any liquid to the cloth or TV. I noticed that where I had wiped, there was now a foggy, cloud-like hazy appearance on the screen. I continued to wipe until the cloud-like effect was somewhat minimized. However, when viewed at an angle from the right side of the TV (with the TV off), without light shining directly on it, I can still see a subtle, light white cloud film on the right side. Not all might notice it but it's definitely there. I can't really see it with the TV on or from normal frontal viewing and I don't appear to have any pixel damage. The set appears normal as usual, with viewing...at least for now.

Is the cloudish film likely to be damage to the anti-glare coating? I can't seem to get rid of it with the cloth. On some sites, they say the coating can only be damaged if you apply harsh chemicals to the TV while cleaning...while others say you can damage the coating simply by applying too much pressure to the TV.
post #2870 of 3025 Old 08-24-2019, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Today while watching my P55f1, I noticed a bug crawling on the screen. When I attempted to remove it, I realized the bug was INSIDE the screen. I can only deduce that it got in through the back of the TV. It keeps crawling from corner to corner, and I'm sure it will eventually die. But the questions is, how do I get it out? I'm reluctant to remove the back panel as I don't want to damage it. To make matters worse, I'm trying to sell this TV because I just bought a P65f1. Obviously, no one will buy it with an insect stuck on the inside.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
post #2871 of 3025 Old 08-24-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actfray View Post
Today while watching my P55f1, I noticed a bug crawling on the screen. When I attempted to remove it, I realized the bug was INSIDE the screen. I can only deduce that it got in through the back of the TV. It keeps crawling from corner to corner, and I'm sure it will eventually die. But the questions is, how do I get it out? I'm reluctant to remove the back panel as I don't want to damage it. To make matters worse, I'm trying to sell this TV because I just bought a P65f1. Obviously, no one will buy it with an insect stuck on the inside.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Not sure if this will get you to the bug, but unscrewing the back panel is no big deal
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...screen-594395/
post #2872 of 3025 Old 09-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Following issues since the latest FW update

- with Dolby Vision UHD BDs bars are grey, not (almost) black as they were before; Vizio shows 2160/Dolby Vision as input signal

- with just HDR BDs the bars are black as before; curiously the Vizio shows 1080p/HDR as input signal

- using OPPO UHD 203 also testing Dolby Vision upconvert mode, e g. Harry Potter DH/2, looks better with just Auto setting that shows HDR and black bars (but 1080p), vs upconvert to DV which results in grey bars

- DV native BDs like the last Star Wars Last Jedi also show grey bars

Already performed the factory reset.

Vizio is 2018 P 75" model, and up to the FW update I was very happy with the PQ, especially with UHD BDs through the OPPO 203. Use mostly Calibrated Dark in a light controlled room, but tried other modes as well to no avail.

Looks to me they screwed up Dolby Vision with the latest FW update.

Anybody have the same issues, found any remedy yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
post #2873 of 3025 Old 09-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoniki View Post
Following issues since the latest FW update

- with Dolby Vision UHD BDs bars are grey, not (almost) black as they were before; Vizio shows 2160/Dolby Vision as input signal

- with just HDR BDs the bars are black as before; curiously the Vizio shows 1080p/HDR as input signal

- using OPPO UHD 203 also testing Dolby Vision upconvert mode, e g. Harry Potter DH/2, looks better with just Auto setting that shows HDR and black bars (but 1080p), vs upconvert to DV which results in grey bars

- DV native BDs like the last Star Wars Last Jedi also show grey bars

Already performed the factory reset.

Vizio is 2018 P 75" model, and up to the FW update I was very happy with the PQ, especially with UHD BDs through the OPPO 203. Use mostly Calibrated Dark in a light controlled room, but tried other modes as well to no avail.

Looks to me they screwed up Dolby Vision with the latest FW update.

Anybody have the same issues, found any remedy yet?

Is it just BD hows streaming DV content through the built in TV apps look
post #2874 of 3025 Old 09-06-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKOAA View Post
Is it just BD hows streaming DV content through the built in TV apps look
I have a hard time finding DV streaming content with bars, the movies I can access are only HDR10 and they look fine, and TV shows like Amazon Originals with DV are full screen, and look fine, too.
Again, my issue is mostly with the black bars not being black in DV movies, which I usually watch from UHDs.
Appreciate the feedback though and will keep looking for DV streaming options.

Also, I have further played with the settings and gotten some improvement, specifically dialing backlight down to 19, brightness/contrast/color 50, tint 0, sharpness 0, black detail off and active full array to medium.
post #2875 of 3025 Old 09-06-2019, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoniki View Post
I have a hard time finding DV streaming content with bars, the movies I can access are only HDR10 and they look fine, and TV shows like Amazon Originals with DV are full screen, and look fine, too.

Again, my issue is mostly with the black bars not being black in DV movies, which I usually watch from UHDs.

Appreciate the feedback though and will keep looking for DV streaming options.

Also, I have further played with the settings and gotten some improvement, specifically dialing backlight down to 19, brightness/contrast/color 50, tint 0, sharpness 0, black detail off and active full array to medium.
I think something might be wrong with your TV. I did some testing on my Apple TV 4K on iTunes and Netflix and DV content and black bars all look perfect. Same goes for th Native Netflix app. I couldn't see any evidence of elevated black bars. My TV says it's on the most current firmware.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
galonzo likes this.
post #2876 of 3025 Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
I think something might be wrong with your TV. I did some testing on my Apple TV 4K on iTunes and Netflix and DV content and black bars all look perfect. Same goes for th Native Netflix app. I couldn't see any evidence of elevated black bars. My TV says it's on the most current firmware.

This quote from the 2019 P Quantum X thread and a new owner

(begin quote)
1. Comparability with OPPO UDP-203 and Dolby Vision - elevated Black levels; meaning blacks are gray.

Reported this to both Vizio and Oppo. Oppo responded the same day with:

"Appreciate the information. We are aware of this issue, but unfortunately the fix will have to come from the TV manufacture's end."
(end quote)

So might be specific to using OPPO as DV source but works fine with other sources ...?
Also seems to affect Vizio TVs across different generations/models

post #2877 of 3025 Old 09-09-2019, 08:39 AM

Something definitely changed last firmware as it relates to DV. I have only tested DV streaming through my Xbox (Netflix/VUDU) but levels do seem ELEVATED compared to streaming content from the native apps. I dont have a DV UHD player, but I imagine it may be similar. Will try to test this weekend if I get my hands on one.
post #2878 of 3025 Old 09-09-2019, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamoleparty View Post
Something definitely changed last firmware as it relates to DV. I have only tested DV streaming through my Xbox (Netflix/VUDU) but levels do seem ELEVATED compared to streaming content from the native apps. I dont have a DV UHD player, but I imagine it may be similar. Will try to test this weekend if I get my hands on one.
Interesting. I haven't seen anything like that through my Apple TV 4K

post #2879 of 3025 Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
ARC not working since last FW update. Everything had been fine for almost one year. Did the regular checking and Vizio does not see ARC receiver. Guess it's time to do full Vizio factory reset, but wondering if others have had problems since FW with ARC, given other issues discussed here since latest FW. I'm at FW 3.0.8.2-1

Great room:LG OLED65E8PUA, Anthem MRX720, Speakers 5.1.4 Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, UB5. S12EQ. 4x Elac A4 Atmos speakers, 2x Emotiva BasX A-100 for atmos speakers -
Man Cave: Vizio P65-F1, NAD T758v3 + Emotiva XPA-5 gen1, Emotiva T2 towers, C2 center, E2 surrounds and Monoprice Monolith 12
post #2880 of 3025 Old 09-09-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
Interesting. I haven't seen anything like that through my Apple TV 4K
Just tried one more thing
- on my Oppo UHD 203 changed Dolby Vision processing mode from Auto to TV-Led
- this is supposedly for Sony TVs and their specific DV processing only
- but read in another thread it solved the issue with elevated blacks for an Oppo owner with a LG Oled, thus tried it

So now my blacks are black again, most easily seen on the letterbox bars on UHD DV movies.
Also had tried forcing DV movies to HDR output from the Oppo, then the TV was indeed showing HDR10 for the same movie and the bars were perfectly black.

Did Vizio change their DV procession to be more like Sony and thus the Vizio must take the lead when handling a DV signal from an external source?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page