2018 Samsung Q6FN ''Owners thread'' ''No price talk'' - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 128Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #511 of 810 Old 01-10-2019, 05:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
One more question before decision to buy this 55" Q6FN TV. I watched a lot of reviews and read all the topics. I dont know much about tech, dimming, blurring, bleeding, glare/reflection, motion etc.. but eventually i got some into my head after reading all this. But finally please could someone tell me, how this TV on watching EU football (soccer) ? The grass is green? The colour is not too sharp? No shadow effect in motion, when the player moves fast towards the ball?

I sit at work and watch on DELL screen every working day, so im coming home with tired eyes. Sometimes almost crying, especially in dark winter time. So for me the TV is not for gaming. Not for special content. Movies - occasionally (let say 1 time per week). So it is just for regular content, that any HD channel is showing. But the most important thing for me is football (soccer) games. I want to relax while watching this game. Sofa+beer+TV+football. I would not like to analyse bad colour efect or stick on settings to find the best option to just simple watch the football in HD. Thats all i need from this Q6FN 55". Just to relax while watching football.

So how this TV is good or bad on this?
Mody67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #512 of 810 Old 01-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyatt5871 View Post
I have found that I can't use motion interpolation on Directv. For some reason it just freaks out. The motion gets really jerky. I only use it while streaming and watching blu ray movies. The motion interpolation for game mode creates too many artifacts for me, so I just use the Freesync option for that. While watching movies, I set the reduce judder option no higher than 7. Past that, you will see too many artifacts.
Hey mhyatt, thanks for your reply!

So you just have it on "Off" or do you have it set to custom and both sliders at 0 value? (For TV)

I'll give it a go capping it at 7 for movies/streaming. Thanks!
kojiro_m is offline  
post #513 of 810 Old 01-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Senior Member
 
mhyatt5871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiro_m View Post
Hey mhyatt, thanks for your reply!

So you just have it on "Off" or do you have it set to custom and both sliders at 0 value? (For TV)

I'll give it a go capping it at 7 for movies/streaming. Thanks!

I set it to Off completely for my cable/satellite viewing. I don't notice any motion issues this way. I don't think I am sensitive to motion blur or stutter as long as it's not overboard. I just kind of like the soap opera effect for movies. I'm one of the weird ones.
kojiro_m likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
mhyatt5871 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #514 of 810 Old 01-10-2019, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
mhyatt5871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody67 View Post
One more question before decision to buy this 55" Q6FN TV. I watched a lot of reviews and read all the topics. I dont know much about tech, dimming, blurring, bleeding, glare/reflection, motion etc.. but eventually i got some into my head after reading all this. But finally please could someone tell me, how this TV on watching EU football (soccer) ? The grass is green? The colour is not too sharp? No shadow effect in motion, when the player moves fast towards the ball?

I sit at work and watch on DELL screen every working day, so im coming home with tired eyes. Sometimes almost crying, especially in dark winter time. So for me the TV is not for gaming. Not for special content. Movies - occasionally (let say 1 time per week). So it is just for regular content, that any HD channel is showing. But the most important thing for me is football (soccer) games. I want to relax while watching this game. Sofa+beer+TV+football. I would not like to analyse bad colour efect or stick on settings to find the best option to just simple watch the football in HD. Thats all i need from this Q6FN 55". Just to relax while watching football.

So how this TV is good or bad on this?

I don't see any issues while watching sports on this TV. I think the motion handling is pretty good. The local dimming is so subtle that you will not see strange brightness fluctuations around players or anything like that. The uniformity seems to be good as well, so not much if any dirty screen effect. It sounds like a good choice for you.
Mody67 likes this.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
mhyatt5871 is offline  
post #515 of 810 Old 01-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
mhyatt5871's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mody67 View Post
One more question before decision to buy this 55" Q6FN TV. I watched a lot of reviews and read all the topics. I dont know much about tech, dimming, blurring, bleeding, glare/reflection, motion etc.. but eventually i got some into my head after reading all this. But finally please could someone tell me, how this TV on watching EU football (soccer) ? The grass is green? The colour is not too sharp? No shadow effect in motion, when the player moves fast towards the ball?

I sit at work and watch on DELL screen every working day, so im coming home with tired eyes. Sometimes almost crying, especially in dark winter time. So for me the TV is not for gaming. Not for special content. Movies - occasionally (let say 1 time per week). So it is just for regular content, that any HD channel is showing. But the most important thing for me is football (soccer) games. I want to relax while watching this game. Sofa+beer+TV+football. I would not like to analyse bad colour efect or stick on settings to find the best option to just simple watch the football in HD. Thats all i need from this Q6FN 55". Just to relax while watching football.


So how this TV is good or bad on this?

Also, something to keep in mind, since you will mainly just be watching sports. According to rtings.com, this TV is very close to the same performance as the NU8000, which can be purchased for a cheaper price usually. If I were just watching sports, I would probably just get that TV. Plus the gray uniformity is supposedly even better on that TV, so no dirty screen effect. You will still have the good motion handling and all that. I think there's only a slight difference in contrast and color gamut, that would not be noticeable for most content.

Sony X900F
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
mhyatt5871 is offline  
post #516 of 810 Old 01-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaltman View Post
Thanks - if ghosting was the only issue then I'd be happy with the TV. I don't notice the ghosting much during normal viewing (other than animated stuff where it is quite shocking actually). It doesn't seem to be noticeable when playing video games either so all would be good
I contacted Samsung Tech Support. They had a local tech contact me and I discussed the issue and sent him a video I shot of my TV playing a black & white animated cartoon where the ghosting was very obvious. He went back and talked with Samsung support and they feel that I have a defective panel. At least from a Samsung perspective they did not consider this normal and within spec.

So I'm having the tech come out next week with a new panel and board... i'm hoping it fixes the issue AND i'm hoping I get lucky on the panel lottery because the screen I have now is almost perfect except for the ghosting. With my luck, they fix the ghosting and I get some other issue like really bad DSE or light bleed... but I'm hoping for the best.

The tech has his doubts that I'll see a difference in the new panel, but I think it's worth a shot. I'm still in my return window so worse case scenario, if it's something I decide I can't live with I'll just return it.

Just sharing in case anyone else has an 82" with ghosting, you may want to call Samsung and share a video with them for their opinion.
simplepinoi177 likes this.
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #517 of 810 Old 01-12-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,172
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Liked: 1883
For those of you who are seeing motion blur issues on the 82 inch in real content, what motion settings are you using?

I didn't notice any blur until recently and I discovered that my settings had somehow changed. With Auto Motion Plus set to Custom and Blur Reduction at 10, and judder reduction above zero I was seeing puck blur in hockey. Turning both blur reduction and judder reaction off (to zero for each) fixed things.
mhyatt5871 likes this.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #518 of 810 Old 01-12-2019, 03:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
For those of you who are seeing motion blur issues on the 82 inch in real content, what motion settings are you using?

I didn't notice any blur until recently and I discovered that my settings had somehow changed. With Auto Motion Plus set to Custom and Blur Reduction at 10, and judder reduction above zero I was seeing puck blur in hockey. Turning both blur reduction and judder reaction off (to zero for each) fixed things.
I see it on all settings (on or off and everything in between) and on all sources, including internal apps. Also see it in Game Mode.
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #519 of 810 Old 01-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
For those of you who are seeing motion blur issues on the 82 inch in real content, what motion settings are you using?

I didn't notice any blur until recently and I discovered that my settings had somehow changed. With Auto Motion Plus set to Custom and Blur Reduction at 10, and judder reduction above zero I was seeing puck blur in hockey. Turning both blur reduction and judder reaction off (to zero for each) fixed things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Jahadi View Post
I see it on all settings (on or off and everything in between) and on all sources, including internal apps. Also see it in Game Mode.
I've not seen any/much difference with it being set at 0 or at 10 (side note: supposedly it's best to have it set to 0 than disabling the option) -- I'm one of the magical few who have that "unicorn" that hardly shows any blur/trailing and, if anything, it doesn't show in real live viewing -- though I have a really obvious, apparent, and very noticeable "banding" issue that can be seen (i'm learning to live with it )...
TheSonyFixer likes this.

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)

Last edited by simplepinoi177; 01-14-2019 at 02:04 PM.
simplepinoi177 is online now  
post #520 of 810 Old 01-14-2019, 07:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
I've not seen any/much difference with it being set at 0 or at 10 (side note: supposedly it's best to have it set to 0 than disabling the option) -- I'm one of the magical few who have that "unicorn" that hardly shows any blur/trailing and, if anything, it doesn't show in real live viewing -- though I have a really obvious, apparent, and very noticeable "banding" issue that can be seen (i'm learning to live with it :-( )...
I hope that I find one of those unicorns when they replace my screen and board this week, and praying that I don't inherit another issue in the process. fingers crossed!
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #521 of 810 Old 01-14-2019, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
jmsnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is there anyway to get pic size/zoom to work ? I understand that it depends on the source however my 2011 Samsung that I replaced had screen fit, wide etc - which I loved and miss! My source is Xfinity (Comcast) app (not box) so can't change source


I realized using the Xfinity app on Roku I have access to Custom pic size settings, this is much less user friendly and tedious to adust than my 2011 but it does work - using the Xfinity app directly from Samsung, the custom pic size settings are disabled

Last edited by jmsnyc; 01-14-2019 at 06:22 PM.
jmsnyc is offline  
post #522 of 810 Old 01-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Jahadi View Post
I hope that I find one of those unicorns when they replace my screen and board this week, and praying that I don't inherit another issue in the process. fingers crossed!
Let us know how you get on! Will be very interested to see if it makes a difference.
JMaltman is offline  
post #523 of 810 Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone here tried mounting a sound bar to the bottom of a Q6FN? I recently purchased a 49in model and a N650 sound bar and tried mounting it to the bottom of the TV, but there is some sort of sensor on the bottom right edge preventing the sound bar from being flush. I’ve looked all over but cannot find what that sensor is, and it’s driving me crazy that the sound bar isn’t flush with the bottom edge of the TV.
netsecpro1 is offline  
post #524 of 810 Old 01-15-2019, 09:29 PM
Newbie
 
d3miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Has anyone wall mounted the 82”? If so, which mount did you use? I’m looking for one that will extend out from the wall, maybe up to a foot or so, and also tilt slightly at a downward angle.
d3miller is offline  
post #525 of 810 Old 01-15-2019, 10:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,172
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2009 Post(s)
Liked: 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3miller View Post
Has anyone wall mounted the 82”? If so, which mount did you use? I’m looking for one that will extend out from the wall, maybe up to a foot or so, and also tilt slightly at a downward angle.
Yep, Sanus SLT3-B1 which is on sale at Costco currrently. It only extends about 6 inches though and can tilt up or down.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #526 of 810 Old 01-15-2019, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3miller View Post
Has anyone wall mounted the 82”? If so, which mount did you use? I’m looking for one that will extend out from the wall, maybe up to a foot or so, and also tilt slightly at a downward angle.
You should try and get a hold of @tinhvo (here's his wall mounting experience) and/or @thecountofzero (here's his wall mounting experience)...they've shown experience with the unit and wall mounting them...even a pecuiliar case of considering "spacers"...

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is online now  
post #527 of 810 Old 01-16-2019, 05:30 AM
Member
 
thecountofzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3miller View Post
Has anyone wall mounted the 82”? If so, which mount did you use? I’m looking for one that will extend out from the wall, maybe up to a foot or so, and also tilt slightly at a downward angle.
Yes I did. I used the BXT2-B1 from Best Buy. I don't think it's available anymore, but it worked like a charm. Very happy with the results.
thecountofzero is offline  
post #528 of 810 Old 01-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Jahadi View Post
I contacted Samsung Tech Support. They had a local tech contact me and I discussed the issue and sent him a video I shot of my TV playing a black & white animated cartoon where the ghosting was very obvious. He went back and talked with Samsung support and they feel that I have a defective panel. At least from a Samsung perspective they did not consider this normal and within spec.

So I'm having the tech come out next week with a new panel and board... i'm hoping it fixes the issue AND i'm hoping I get lucky on the panel lottery because the screen I have now is almost perfect except for the ghosting. With my luck, they fix the ghosting and I get some other issue like really bad DSE or light bleed... but I'm hoping for the best.

The tech has his doubts that I'll see a difference in the new panel, but I think it's worth a shot. I'm still in my return window so worse case scenario, if it's something I decide I can't live with I'll just return it.

Just sharing in case anyone else has an 82" with ghosting, you may want to call Samsung and share a video with them for their opinion.
Please keep us posted! Really hoping this is a fixable issue!
TrashPanda is offline  
post #529 of 810 Old 01-16-2019, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 987
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I got my Sammy 75" Q6 on the wall.
My notes:
+ wall mount: Bestbuy exclusive Sanus BLT2-B1. This is by far the easiest. However it is NOT a full-motion one. It can tilt up/down and left/right with decent degrees (up to 10 I think)
It can also extend out about half of a foot.
The TV can be slid left/right after mounting BUT you would need another hands to slightly lift it then slide. This is great if your studs aren't in the center.
The distance between the studs in my wall are 24", the wall-mount plate is 32" wide, whewww!
+ There are so many sizes of screws come with the Sanus. I did use the M8-50mm btw.
+ I did use the Sammy provided spacers, NOT the Sanus spacers.

Take time to calculate precisely and setup before actually do the drilling.
Do your best to locate the center of the stud
Sanus height finder is a great tool. It helps a lot.
Wolfmanjohn and Photokid1970 like this.

Last edited by tinhvo; 01-16-2019 at 12:32 PM.
tinhvo is offline  
post #530 of 810 Old 01-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
You should try and get a hold of @tinhvo (here's his wall mounting experience) and/or @thecountofzero (here's his wall mounting experience)...they've shown experience with the unit and wall mounting them...even a pecuiliar case of considering "spacers"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecountofzero View Post
Yes I did. I used the BXT2-B1 from Best Buy. I don't think it's available anymore, but it worked like a charm. Very happy with the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhvo View Post
I got my Sammy 75" Q6 on the wall.
My notes:
+ wall mount: Bestbuy exclusive Sanus BLT2-B1. This is by far the easiest. However it is NOT a full-motion one. It can tilt up/down and left/right with decent degrees (up to 10 I think)
It can also extend out about half of a foot.
The TV can be slid left/right after mounting BUT you would need another hands to slightly lift it then slide. This is great if your studs aren't in the center.
The distance between the studs in my wall are 24", the wall-mount plate is 32" wide, whewww!
+ There are so many sizes of screws come with the Sanus. I did use the M8-50mm btw.
+ I did use the Sammy provided spacers, NOT the Sanus spacers.

Take time to calculate precisely and setup before actually do the drilling.
Do your best to locate the center of the stud
Sanus height finder is a great tool. It helps a lot.
Heh...what did I say?

Thanks you two for stopping by and giving your advice!

@d3miller , aren't you glad I remembered these 2 and looked them up a few pages back...and you're welcome btw ... j/k

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is online now  
post #531 of 810 Old 01-16-2019, 11:26 PM
Newbie
 
d3miller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Thanks!! Much appreciated 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
You should try and get a hold of @tinhvo (here's his wall mounting experience) and/or @thecountofzero (here's his wall mounting experience)...they've shown experience with the unit and wall mounting them...even a pecuiliar case of considering "spacers"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecountofzero View Post
Yes I did. I used the BXT2-B1 from Best Buy. I don't think it's available anymore, but it worked like a charm. Very happy with the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhvo View Post
I got my Sammy 75" Q6 on the wall.
My notes:
+ wall mount: Bestbuy exclusive Sanus BLT2-B1. This is by far the easiest. However it is NOT a full-motion one. It can tilt up/down and left/right with decent degrees (up to 10 I think)
It can also extend out about half of a foot.
The TV can be slid left/right after mounting BUT you would need another hands to slightly lift it then slide. This is great if your studs aren't in the center.
The distance between the studs in my wall are 24", the wall-mount plate is 32" wide, whewww!
+ There are so many sizes of screws come with the Sanus. I did use the M8-50mm btw.
+ I did use the Sammy provided spacers, NOT the Sanus spacers.

Take time to calculate precisely and setup before actually do the drilling.
Do your best to locate the center of the stud
Sanus height finder is a great tool. It helps a lot.
Heh...what did I say? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]

Thanks you two for stopping by and giving your advice!

@d3miller , aren't you glad I remembered these 2 and looked them up a few pages back...and you're welcome btw [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]... j/k [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
d3miller is offline  
post #532 of 810 Old 01-17-2019, 04:15 AM
Member
 
thecountofzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3miller View Post
Thanks!! Much appreciated 🙂
Looking at my response I realize it was a bit lacking in detail. I installed the mounting bracket myself and had a buddy help me lift the TV to get in on there. If you get your hands on the BXT2-B1 and have any questions, just let me know. And yes, I did use the spacers that came with the TV and be sure to use the bolts that the manual recommends. For me it was M8 45mm.

Good luck!
Photokid1970 likes this.
thecountofzero is offline  
post #533 of 810 Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashPanda View Post
Please keep us posted! Really hoping this is a fixable issue!
I can tell you that the ghosting on 82" Q6FN is not a "Fixable" issue. They came in today to replace my screen and motherboard... neither fixed the issue. The tech got on the horn with Samsung and the rep told him that the screen shouldn't have been replaced in the first place because this is considered normal by their standards.

So there you go, just be aware. Now I need to decide if it bothers me enough to return and get a different set. The other option I was looking at is considerably more money. Honestly I'm regretting them replacing my screen, I now have a stuck pixel.. of course it's only noticeable when standing directly in front of the TV, but knowing it's there kinda drives me crazy at the moment. I'm sure I'll get over it and forget about it because it's so small I can't see it from my couch. Oh well, its true what they say.. the panel lottery is real. On the flip side, I think this screen has a little less DSE but hard to tell really.

I've got about a week to decide if I want to return the set, and no I won't go 75".. that's to small for my space. Decisions Decisions...
Kamran Jahadi is offline  
post #534 of 810 Old 01-18-2019, 06:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran Jahadi View Post
I can tell you that the ghosting on 82" Q6FN is not a "Fixable" issue. They came in today to replace my screen and motherboard... neither fixed the issue. The tech got on the horn with Samsung and the rep told him that the screen shouldn't have been replaced in the first place because this is considered normal by their standards.

So there you go, just be aware. Now I need to decide if it bothers me enough to return and get a different set. The other option I was looking at is considerably more money. Honestly I'm regretting them replacing my screen, I now have a stuck pixel.. of course it's only noticeable when standing directly in front of the TV, but knowing it's there kinda drives me crazy at the moment. I'm sure I'll get over it and forget about it because it's so small I can't see it from my couch. Oh well, its true what they say.. the panel lottery is real. On the flip side, I think this screen has a little less DSE but hard to tell really.

I've got about a week to decide if I want to return the set, and no I won't go 75".. that's to small for my space. Decisions Decisions...
That's insanely frustrating.
TrashPanda is offline  
post #535 of 810 Old 01-18-2019, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Gam3r 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wine Country, California
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Hello again forum. Got a quick question. I have a Q6FN. Every time I connect my Sandisk Ultra Fit thumb drive I get the following 2 messages. First it will say "Setting up... Setting up to adjust the speaker volume with the Smart Remote.". Then will say "No Speaker Detected Check the cable connection and the power of the unit, and properly set the source of the speaker. Then, change the Sound Out of the TV to Audio/Optical". I know this has something to do with the way it will automatically try to connect any devices for the universal remote feature.

This happens on both USB ports. After I just back out of the error message Im able to use the thumb drive with the TV with no issues. Just do not understand why it thinks Ive connected a speaker. The way my TV is set up is through optical audio to an Astro A50 transmitter. Ive tried it with the sound out as TV, and as optical audio. It happens both ways. Anyone have this happen to them? Ive attached 2 pics of the messages Im getting. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190118_211159(1).jpg
Views:	61
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	2512852   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190118_211201.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	2512854  

He Loved Us Enough to Die For Us, Love Him Enough to Live For Him!
Gam3r 4 Life is offline  
post #536 of 810 Old 01-20-2019, 07:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
There seems to be a new European update available, 1202. I’m on 1153, auto update doesn’t detect it, I downloaded it from the support site and tried to update from the usb, it detects there is an update there but says I have the latest version but won’t install, anyone else having this problem or can offer me any insight?
Jakshak is offline  
post #537 of 810 Old 01-21-2019, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
carltonrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Laurel, Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I am having a different issue with my Samsung QLED and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. When I am using the Smart TV to stream, it periodically loses its Internet connection. Doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to it. Sometimes, I can watch for hours with no issue. Sometimes, the Internet will fail 3 or 4 times within an hour. When it happens, I can simply unplug the Ethernet cable then plug it back in and the Internet starts right back up. But it seems to happen also when I'm using the WiFi instead of the Ethernet.

I thought that maybe the problem was with the router or weak WiFi which made me switch to Ethernet. But I have another (older) Samsung 4K that uses WiFi for streaming and never seems to have an issue. None of the computers or other WiFi devices have an issue.

I love the picture, but it gets a bit annoying to be in the middle of a movie or concert and have it drop. I was wondering if I bypassed the Smart Tv and bought an Amazon or Roku stick would that resolve the issue?

Anyone else have this issue or have any ideas what could be causing this?
carltonrice is offline  
post #538 of 810 Old 01-22-2019, 08:50 AM
Senior Member
 
jmsnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 421
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Might seem like a strange question but is it possible to change the icon on an input for Amazon Fire TV.? I was able to edit the name on HDMI 3 to from unknown to Amazon Fire TV but even with power cycling it was unable to recognize the device.
jmsnyc is offline  
post #539 of 810 Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Newbie
 
im4nits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Certainly agree about Comcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post
congrats on your new TV. I agree the youtube 4k HDR stuff looks the best. 4K on amazon prime programming looks good too. still struggling a bit to get comcast cable dialed in. every channel seems to be so different from the next. curious to what settings everyone is using. maybe post a few. I'll be tweaking again tonight.
Youtube 4K and Netflix and Amazon Prime (both streaming) on my new 65" Q6FN are all superior to Comcast Xfinity. Highly variable picture quality, although the broadcast quality via CBS (over Comcast) of the AFC Championship game this past Sunday was outstanding. Not sure why the picture quality, sharpness, jitter, etc. are so variable over cable.
im4nits is offline  
post #540 of 810 Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by im4nits View Post
Youtube 4K and Netflix and Amazon Prime (both streaming) on my new 65" Q6FN are all superior to Comcast Xfinity. Highly variable picture quality, although the broadcast quality via CBS (over Comcast) of the AFC Championship game this past Sunday was outstanding. Not sure why the picture quality, sharpness, jitter, etc. are so variable over cable.
Because Comcast compresses the ever living hell out of broadcast signals. Get an OTA HD antenna and check out some of the local broadcasts, it is significantly better than Comcast.
Rudy1 likes this.
TrashPanda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
hdr10+ , q6fn , qled , Samsung

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off