2018 Samsung Q6FN ''Owners thread'' ''No price talk'' - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 128Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #751 of 788 Old 06-01-2019, 05:19 AM
Newbie
 
PBergeronNH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry, can't post a link. I purchased ECHOGEAR model ECHO-ACH8 off of Amazon.
PBergeronNH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #752 of 788 Old 06-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Member
 
hybridfive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBergeronNH View Post
I had the xbox drop out issue. I ended up upgrading my HDMI cables to 48GBPS bandwidth and that fixed the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by processedmeat View Post
What cable would you recommend?


What he ended up getting is impressive and, at the very least statistically, should do the job and the best job at that. BUT it's also good to be informed and aware that the maximum length this cord can be is 3 feet! As I understand it, anything more and they can't guarantee the impressive 48gbps "super" signal without any degradation or under-performance...

just an FYI...hope this helps...
I just received 2x 6' club3D 48gbs ultra high-speed cables and can confirm im still getting the drop outs when activating Auto game mode.

Had a period of time where I didn't have the dropouts but had to have the tv set to 8bit. Now that ive rebooted my system and enabled 10 or 12bit on the Xbox settings I continue to have the video and audio stutter drastically until I disable freesync.
hybridfive is offline  
post #753 of 788 Old 06-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
BDP33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridfive View Post
I just received 2x 6' club3D 48gbs ultra high-speed cables and can confirm im still getting the drop outs when activating Auto game mode.

Had a period of time where I didn't have the dropouts but had to have the tv set to 8bit. Now that ive rebooted my system and enabled 10 or 12bit on the Xbox settings I continue to have the video and audio stutter drastically until I disable freesync.
Coming from a few Sony TV's and owning a couple LG OLED's. Does this TV not switch to an HDR mode when 4k material comes on? On my Sony's and LG's the TV automatically pops a dialog box that it detected an HDR or Dolby Vision source and automatically goes into separate setting for HDR material. It seems like on this TV it just stays in movie mode and I don't get the HDR look unless I change the HDR box in settings but then it blows out regular SD material when it comes on.

Is this how things work, where you have to adjust settings every time HDR material comes on or is there something I'm missing?

By the way this is a nice TV for the $$. I picked up the Microcenter 55" version for $699...I think that's a steal for what you get with this TV.
BDP33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #754 of 788 Old 06-06-2019, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,829
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP33 View Post
Coming from a few Sony TV's and owning a couple LG OLED's. Does this TV not switch to an HDR mode when 4k material comes on? On my Sony's and LG's the TV automatically pops a dialog box that it detected an HDR or Dolby Vision source and automatically goes into separate setting for HDR material. It seems like on this TV it just stays in movie mode and I don't get the HDR look unless I change the HDR box in settings but then it blows out regular SD material when it comes on.

Is this how things work, where you have to adjust settings every time HDR material comes on or is there something I'm missing?

By the way this is a nice TV for the $$. I picked up the Microcenter 55" version for $699...I think that's a steal for what you get with this TV.
The HDR indicator doesn't popup on screen as it does on some other mfgs. Scroll to the picture mode and an HDR indicator will be displayed there when HDR content is playing
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #755 of 788 Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 AM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
The HDR indicator doesn't popup on screen as it does on some other mfgs. Scroll to the picture mode and an HDR indicator will be displayed there when HDR content is playing
Yes, this AND when you're playing HDR material, there is a little icon/badge that says HDR next to the UHD one in the info pop up box -- which can be accessed anytime you select a source and press the "info" button twice on the Q6F's remote control...

hope this helps...

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #756 of 788 Old 06-07-2019, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mike171979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 1,455
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Info button on the remote??? Pictures or it didn't happen.
mike171979 is offline  
post #757 of 788 Old 06-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Newbie
 
Darkshack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I have a Q6FN82FXNA model TV and a couple questions for my curiosity. The first one is in the TV Menu under About TV where it tells you the model number software etc. What does status code mean? Mine says 002000000 and my sons TV a UN55MU6100 I believe says 0000000000 under status code, just wondering what that means and if anyone else with the same model as me has that same status code as well. The second question is with SmartThings app when I click on my device in the app and it goes to the remote control and I hit ... on the right side and goto information under ambient it says the model software number etc. then TV Panel Display Time 700, is this the hours my TV has been turned on? Is that hours or minutes? It was at 0 when I first set up smartthings app a couple months ago so it's counting something if it's in hours I'm watching way too much TV! Anyway the TV is working great no issues so far knock on wood, was just curious about those things. If anyone could awnser those questions I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Darkshack is offline  
post #758 of 788 Old 06-16-2019, 11:47 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
Yes, this AND when you're playing HDR material, there is a little icon/badge that says HDR next to the UHD one in the info pop up box -- which can be accessed anytime you select a source and press the "info" button twice on the Q6F's remote control...

hope this helps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike171979 View Post
Info button on the remote??? Pictures or it didn't happen.
HAHA you're right! I think I had the keyword "info" in my head so much that I made that mistake...

Honestly, I really believed that it was 4 colors and stated "info" below it, but after looking at it for proof here, it was "123" and not info...

So, correction, press that colored "123" button twice, not a "info" button...

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #759 of 788 Old 06-17-2019, 12:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mrkazador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 428
I noticed an odd issue with my TV, not sure if this is normal.

Here is a image of the screen when the computer is set to RGB 8 bit 60hz FULL. The green cylinder looks normal.








This is RGB 8 bit 23HZ FULL. Not all the green pixels are lit up evenly and some of the red pixels are lit up which makes it look like a checkerboard pattern to the naked eye.






What is really interesting is when I open the TV settings menu, the checkerboard pattern disappears and it looks normal.

_______________________________

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
Mrkazador is offline  
post #760 of 788 Old 06-18-2019, 03:12 AM
Newbie
 
Darkshack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well since I posted this a couple of days ago something strange happened and I think i figured out something. Now I went to change a setting on my tv tonight and I also wanted to check what firmware my tv was at and I noticed the status code has changed to 0000000000 from 0020000000, very strange since just after a week after buying the tv I checked about tv and saw the status code was 0020000000 and then again a few days ago when I made this original post (and a few times in between) and it was still 0020000000 but tonight it was changed to 0000000000, weird but I'm still curious if anyone knows what that is. Also the smart things tv panel display time I spoke of has increased to 749 it was 719 at the time of this posting 2 days ago (so its been on for 30 hours in 2 days) and after looking at my sale receipt i've actually had this tv for just over 3 months now, so after doing the math the counter has to be in hours so 750 hours divided by 3 months is 250 hours a month, 250 hours a month multiplied by 12 months is 3000 hours per year give or take. I've also read these TV's have a brightness life span of 60,000-80,000 hours before the brightness noticibly decreases to 20-50% so according to the math theoretically should last 20 years with my current usage (ill be happy with 5-10) if nothing else fails on it before then. but who know how accurate if at all this tv panel display time counter thing in smartthings is, but I'm still curious about it and the status code thing if anyone knows. Thanks.
Darkshack is offline  
post #761 of 788 Old 06-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Senior Member
 
AncientAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I've been having an issue with my 75q6fn the last few days. Normally when pressing the info button it will display the current resolution and what not but out of nowhere it's always blank. Just the time shows up. I've unplugged the tv three times to reset and seems to work but eventually goes back to being blank again. I've also noticed after resetting and watching a 4k bluray with HDR it will display the correct resolution with HDR badge but will not change after switching to my cable box (1080p/no HDR), or regular ps4. It gets stuck. Then when I turn the tv off and turn it back on again it's no longer displaying any resolution info. ??
AncientAlien is offline  
post #762 of 788 Old 06-20-2019, 11:21 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
I've been having an issue with my 75q6fn the last few days. Normally when pressing the info button it will display the current resolution and what not but out of nowhere it's always blank. Just the time shows up. I've unplugged the tv three times to reset and seems to work but eventually goes back to being blank again. I've also noticed after resetting and watching a 4k bluray with HDR it will display the correct resolution with HDR badge but will not change after switching to my cable box (1080p/no HDR), or regular ps4. It gets stuck. Then when I turn the tv off and turn it back on again it's no longer displaying any resolution info. ??
This happens to me (on my QN82Q6F), especially when I get it to correctly display the resolution and HDR badge; it tends to stay displaying that way. And sometimes I get it not displaying the resolution or the fact that it's not in game mode, but it's usually temporary and a simple change in input or powering off and on resolves it. The one time it got stuck not showing anything, I had to run a full reset from the menu to resolve it...
But yours seems to be a lot more frequent than mine....

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #763 of 788 Old 06-21-2019, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mrkazador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,352
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
I've been having an issue with my 75q6fn the last few days. Normally when pressing the info button it will display the current resolution and what not but out of nowhere it's always blank. Just the time shows up. I've unplugged the tv three times to reset and seems to work but eventually goes back to being blank again. I've also noticed after resetting and watching a 4k bluray with HDR it will display the correct resolution with HDR badge but will not change after switching to my cable box (1080p/no HDR), or regular ps4. It gets stuck. Then when I turn the tv off and turn it back on again it's no longer displaying any resolution info. ??
I have the 65" and this happens to me all the time, it rarely updates.

_______________________________

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
Mrkazador is offline  
post #764 of 788 Old 06-21-2019, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
AncientAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
This happens to me (on my QN82Q6F), especially when I get it to correctly display the resolution and HDR badge; it tends to stay displaying that way. And sometimes I get it not displaying the resolution or the fact that it's not in game mode, but it's usually temporary and a simple change in input or powering off and on resolves it. The one time it got stuck not showing anything, I had to run a full reset from the menu to resolve it...
But yours seems to be a lot more frequent than mine....
I'm tempted to do a factory reset on the TV to see if that helps. One thing I failed to mention is I have everything connected via Yamaha Receiver. Everything was working fine until I unplugged the TV's HDMI cable from the receiver a few days ago to test my UHD Player, (long story). That's when I noticed the TV wasn't displaying any resolution info or getting stuck on one resolution. As long as I write down all my TV Settings is there any harm in doing a factory reset?

Last edited by AncientAlien; 06-21-2019 at 10:08 AM.
AncientAlien is offline  
post #765 of 788 Old 06-21-2019, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
I'm tempted to do a factory reset on the TV to see if that helps. One thing I failed to mention is I have everything connected via Yamaha Receiver. Everything was working fine until I unplugged the TV's HDMI cable from the receiver a few days ago to test my UHD Player, (long story). That's when I noticed the TV wasn't displaying any resolution info or getting stuck on one resolution. As long as I write down all my TV Settings is there any harm in doing a factory reset?
Yeah...I wish there was a way to save my custom settings like I can on my Denon receiver...but I don't think you'll lose anything permanently by resetting. If anything, you should do the full "treatment" where you power it off for 10-15 minutes, turn it on, reset it, and at the set up screen, turn it off and unplug it again for 10-15 minutes, and then start it up and load everything -- I forget what it's called, but it's a particular type of reset. Yeah, just write down what you can...the only settings I found very particular are the "white balance" and the "color space" settings if you set up anything very specific...

Good luck to you and hope this helps...!

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #766 of 788 Old 06-21-2019, 06:10 PM
Senior Member
 
AncientAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
Yeah...I wish there was a way to save my custom settings like I can on my Denon receiver...but I don't think you'll lose anything permanently by resetting. If anything, you should do the full "treatment" where you power it off for 10-15 minutes, turn it on, reset it, and at the set up screen, turn it off and unplug it again for 10-15 minutes, and then start it up and load everything -- I forget what it's called, but it's a particular type of reset. Yeah, just write down what you can...the only settings I found very particular are the "white balance" and the "color space" settings if you set up anything very specific...

Good luck to you and hope this helps...!
Did a full reset. For the 1st 20 minutes afterwards it appeared it was working but now, nothing. Some Q7 owners on the Samsung Forums are experiencing the same issue. No fix. Someone called Samsung and they remotely went into the Service Menu and tinkered around and fixed it briefly. After a few days it went back to having the same issues. Not sure what else to do.
AncientAlien is offline  
post #767 of 788 Old 06-22-2019, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
AncientAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I have a 49" Q6fN in our living and noticed last night that it is also not displaying resolution. Just the day, date and time. Blank above it. Very weird.
AncientAlien is offline  
post #768 of 788 Old 06-30-2019, 11:07 AM
Senior Member
 
AncientAlien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Anyone else have their TV automatically update the new firmware. I think it's 1260. Both my Q6FN TVs are not set up to update automatically but they did. Very odd.
AncientAlien is offline  
post #769 of 788 Old 06-30-2019, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
Anyone else have their TV automatically update the new firmware. I think it's 1260. Both my Q6FN TVs are not set up to update automatically but they did. Very odd.
That is weird that it updated automatically....

In any case, yeah I saw that my TV updated a couple days ago...but then again I have mine set to update automatically...

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #770 of 788 Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Member
 
Tygeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientAlien View Post
Anyone else have their TV automatically update the new firmware. I think it's 1260. Both my Q6FN TVs are not set up to update automatically but they did. Very odd.
Yes, a lot of people are complaining about it. Mine also was set to manually update but updated automatically. If your tv has an internet connection, it appears that it got updated whether you like it or not.
simplepinoi177 likes this.
Tygeezy is offline  
post #771 of 788 Old 07-12-2019, 06:25 AM
Member
 
slayer202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced replacement stand/feet for a 75"? Samsung wants $230???

Also, the part description on their website says there is a left and right bracket. Is that correct? Are there separate feet that attach to that bracket? The Manual online doesn't seem to specify

Last edited by slayer202; 07-12-2019 at 06:35 AM.
slayer202 is offline  
post #772 of 788 Old 07-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer202 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced replacement stand/feet for a 75"? Samsung wants $230???

Also, the part description on their website says there is a left and right bracket. Is that correct? Are there separate feet that attach to that bracket? The Manual online doesn't seem to specify

Yes...there is a left and right "feet" (aka bracket, but I wouldn't really call it that...)... it seems Samsung has done away with the "bottom panel" one-piece TV stand I've had in the past... Even my smaller 40-something-inch has (tiny) feet on the left and right sides of the TV (which actually isn't too aesthetically pleasing since it sticks in the front too much and I can't put as much on the dresser it is on because of this...)

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be easy to find a replacement for them... I can almost see why Samsung charges that much for them (sorry...). They are surprisingly heavy -- so I can imagine that it is of really strong material -- which I can imagine since it has to hold stable 80+ inch TVs (even if it is LED) as well as having a unique sized/shaped insert brackets that go in custom holes into the TV... So, considering all of that, whether Samsung is justified in the $200+ price, I imagine finding replacements (as well as good enough replacements to be able to hold the weight safely; on top of if Samsung finds out you aren't using their included stands might void warranty) to be very difficult...

In any case, you're right and it wasn't in the regular user manual; but I remember seeing it as some point and guessed I saw it on the quick set up guide. So I went ahead and found it for you where you can get an idea what the feet/stands look like and how they go; you can download it here: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.co...A_180404.0.pdf


Hope this helps...
slayer202 likes this.

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)

Last edited by simplepinoi177; 07-12-2019 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added second paragraph -- further thoughts
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #773 of 788 Old 07-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Member
 
slayer202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepinoi177 View Post
Yes...there is a left and right "feet" (aka bracket, but I wouldn't really call it that...)... it seems Samsung has done away with the "bottom panel" one-piece TV stand I've had in the past... Even my smaller 40-something-inch has (tiny) feet on the left and right sides of the TV (which actually isn't too aesthetically pleasing since it sticks in the front too much and I can't put as much on the dresser it is on because of this...)

Unfortunately, I don't think it will be easy to find a replacement for them... I can almost see why Samsung charges that much for them (sorry...). They are surprisingly heavy -- so I can imagine that it is of really strong material -- which I can imagine since it has to hold stable 80+ inch TVs (even if it is LED) as well as having a unique sized/shaped insert brackets that go in custom holes into the TV... So, considering all of that, whether Samsung is justified in the $200+ price, I imagine finding replacements (as well as good enough replacements to be able to hold the weight safely; on top of if Samsung finds out you aren't using their included stands might void warranty) to be very difficult...

In any case, you're right and it wasn't in the regular user manual; but I remember seeing it as some point and guessed I saw it on the quick set up guide. So I went ahead and found it for you where you can get an idea what the feet/stands look like and how they go; you can download it here: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.co...A_180404.0.pdf


Hope this helps...
I appreciate the reply and the link.

I bought a "universal" centered type stand from amazon that supposedly supports up to 80", though it is not ideal. It looks like a set of legs typically can be found for around $80 for most models on the secondary market, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a pair. The legs from the Q8 look quite similar, I'm debating whether it's worth trying a pair.
slayer202 is offline  
post #774 of 788 Old 07-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
simplepinoi177's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer202 View Post
I appreciate the reply and the link.

I bought a "universal" centered type stand from amazon that supposedly supports up to 80", though it is not ideal. It looks like a set of legs typically can be found for around $80 for most models on the secondary market, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a pair. The legs from the Q8 look quite similar, I'm debating whether it's worth trying a pair.
You're very welcome!

Oh wow! I didn't even think there'd be those...! Yeah, I imagine they haven't changed much in the Q's 6-9, but I caution you to be sure that the "brackets" that are inserted into the TV are tall enough... "physics-ally" speaking, the TV and/or stand/feet can break really easily if it isn't tall enough and, for whatever reason, the TV leans/falls forward and the inserts/brackets aren't fully holding within the TV......
I wonder if all of those inserts/brackets throughout the Q's are the same.....although, I imagine it might also be tailored to the size of the TV as well; i.e the brackets obviously would have to be taller (more inserted) for an 82" than a 75" or 60-ish" ....

But very glad to help!

My HT Setup 5.2.2---TV:Samsung Q6F(QN82Q6FNAFXZA); Receiver:Denon AVR-X3400H;Sub:HSU Research VTF-2 MK5;Speakers:ELAC F6.2(x2 -> Front R/L), ELAC C6.2(Center), ELAC B6.2(x2 -> Surround R/L), Onkyo SKB-750X(x2 -> Atmos "height" R/L);Sub #2:Onkyo SKW-750X;Connected Devices:Xfinity X1 HD DVR (TV shows), Sony PS4 Pro (UHD videos, gaming), Magnavox MBP6700(UHD HDR movies), Sony PS3 (UPnP media player), Nintendo Switch (gaming)
simplepinoi177 is offline  
post #775 of 788 Old 07-12-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,829
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer202 View Post
I appreciate the reply and the link.

I bought a "universal" centered type stand from amazon that supposedly supports up to 80", though it is not ideal. It looks like a set of legs typically can be found for around $80 for most models on the secondary market, so I'll have to keep an eye out for a pair. The legs from the Q8 look quite similar, I'm debating whether it's worth trying a pair.
PM'd you.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #776 of 788 Old 07-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung Q6FN 49' - Dead Pixel's or something else? (Pics)

Good Evening all,

Had my QLED Q6FN 49' from new for just under a month for my "man cave".

Playing PS4 this evening I notice a black dot in the middle of the screen, after not noticing it before.

Would people say this is a dead pixel(s)? I have seen dead pixels before and this doesn't look similar. I've tried rubbing off with a cloth etc, still there.

I Purchased and received the TV on the 19th June so I guess I should be covered under guarantee? But with it possible being a dead pixel would that change things?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0lk00VV.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2591152   Click image for larger version

Name:	0GHdJkO.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	796.0 KB
ID:	2591154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Li1kMpb.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	826.5 KB
ID:	2591156  
aelc89 is offline  
post #777 of 788 Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looks like a bug under screen.
cbdickens is offline  
post #778 of 788 Old 07-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Member
 
zettler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chatham, IL USA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not been here in quite awhile...

I have a 65" and now a 75" version and hope I can get better picture via settings. Both were bought on clearance so I can't beat the cost!

Anyway, how do I subscribe to this thread AND is there a primer on settings?

Thank you in advance.
zettler is offline  
post #779 of 788 Old 07-21-2019, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,829
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettler View Post
Not been here in quite awhile...

I have a 65" and now a 75" version and hope I can get better picture via settings. Both were bought on clearance so I can't beat the cost!

Anyway, how do I subscribe to this thread AND is there a primer on settings?

Thank you in advance.
Try the Rtngs settings recommendations

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sa...-2018/settings

Also check out this setup guide from Tom's Guide:
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/samsung...view-4663.html

To subscribe to the thread, go to the top of the page and click on the pulldown Thread Tools.
PlanetAVS is offline  
post #780 of 788 Old 07-21-2019, 07:43 PM
Member
 
ptr727's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have a 75Q65FN (Costco), a Marantz NR1609, and an Apple TV 4K, ATV is more than a year old, TV and AVR is reasonably new.
When playing Netflix or Plex from ATV, I occasionally get a black screen for just a fraction of a second, while audio continues playing fine.
All new high quality cables.
HDMI test in ATV reports all ok for 4K HDR.
Any ideas?
ptr727 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
hdr10+ , q6fn , qled , Samsung

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off