Official LG 86UK7570PUB 4K TV Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #361 of 883 Old 11-29-2018, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I posted something a few pages back that referenced mapped remotes mapping the service button that brings up the screen to input the service passcode. Does your remote have that button mapped?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 883 Old 11-29-2018, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked: 779
IMO you all need to accept that it is unrealistic to expect a massive 86" LCD costing only $2.5K to come with FALD. LG's attempts at FALD and edge dimming have not been very good anyway. Just enjoy the immersive experience of your giant TV.
post #363 of 883 Old 11-29-2018, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Assuming lgindia is telling the truth....

I am going to call Costco tomorrow and see if they can offer me something to keep this tv. Everyone who bought it while the incorrect spec was listed is a victim of fraud and Costco needs to make it right.
Funcyocouch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 883 Old 11-29-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytalbayre View Post
Assuming lgindia is telling the truth....

I am going to call Costco tomorrow and see if they can offer me something to keep this tv. Everyone who bought it while the incorrect spec was listed is a victim of fraud and Costco needs to make it right.
It stinks, but Costco really only needs to come pick it up and refund your money. Most of us bought this because it seemed like a crazy deal. Apparently it was a bit too crazy.

Still hoping someone gets into service mode to Snoop around.
post #365 of 883 Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
IMO you all need to accept that it is unrealistic to expect a massive 86" LCD costing only $2.5K to come with FALD. LG's attempts at FALD and edge dimming have not been very good anyway. Just enjoy the immersive experience of your giant TV.
I'm very happy with this TV. It's huge and has an awesome picture. It's never going to have the deepest blacks, but it doesn't matter.

Sports look awesome, movies look awesome, Netflix looks awesome.

For those that complain, you'll never be happy. No matter what you buy, there is something better out there. If I really wanted to sit in a pitch black room and watch TV, then I'd drop $10k on a TV. I have no intention on that.

Enjoy it for what it is.

p.s.
I'm still irate with LG for being stupid, but it's still a great tv.
PrimeTime, TNT13 and ultraflexed like this.
post #366 of 883 Old 11-29-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogg125 View Post
I'm very happy with this TV. It's huge and has an awesome picture. It's never going to have the deepest blacks, but it doesn't matter.

Sports look awesome, movies look awesome, Netflix looks awesome.

For those that complain, you'll never be happy. No matter what you buy, there is something better out there. If I really wanted to sit in a pitch black room and watch TV, then I'd drop $10k on a TV. I have no intention on that.

Enjoy it for what it is.

p.s.
I'm still irate with LG for being stupid, but it's still a great tv.
Yeah well their stupidity meant I skipped out on the 6570 deal from dell which was a couple hundred cheaper plus a sell gift card....

So, I want something in return for that.

It's not about picture quality, it's about selliNg what was described and people getting what was promised.

Honestly if they offered me a hundred bucks or a free lg 4K player or something, it would make up the difference for me. But now I feel cheated.
post #367 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Yeah well their stupidity meant I skipped out on the 6570 deal from dell which was a couple hundred cheaper plus a sell gift card....

So, I want something in return for that.

It's not about picture quality, it's about selliNg what was described and people getting what was promised.

Honestly if they offered me a hundred bucks or a free lg 4K player or something, it would make up the difference for me. But now I feel cheated.
The cheapest this tv sold is for 2499 I doubt Dell had for 2k or 2399.
Besides this still has feature that the 6570 does not have like atmos
post #368 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
The cheapest this tv sold is for 2499 I doubt Dell had for 2k or 2399.
Besides this still has feature that the 6570 does not have like atmos
To clarify...

Dells price was $2497 plus $250 dell gift card for the 6570.

Sorry my ramblings weren't clear. Still an obviously better deal for essentially the same tv.
ultraflexed likes this.
post #369 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 06:18 AM
sa5

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dell has Ebates. Was 10% around Black Friday, now 8%. That plus the gift card is how the 2k price was calculated.
post #370 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

I just got a message to schedule a delivery

Looking forward to compare to my super uhd uh8500 75inch
And my 79inch 4k lg ub9800

I'll get all the questions answered in terms of brightness, motion, black levels,color, Dolby vision and Dolby atmos
I have a whole atmos in wall/ceiling set up with a arcam receiver and svs sub.

I also use the VUDU app, I own over 100 Dolby atmos an Dolby vision movies

I usually use scenes from BVS to test color and brightness. I think I'll add in venom since it should be available by then stat tuned
post #371 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
I just got a message to schedule a delivery

Looking forward to compare to my super uhd uh8500 75inch
And my 79inch 4k lg ub9800

I'll get all the questions answered in terms of brightness, motion, black levels,color, Dolby vision and Dolby atmos
I have a whole atmos in wall/ceiling set up with a arcam receiver and svs sub.

I also use the VUDU app, I own over 100 Dolby atmos an Dolby vision movies

I usually use scenes from BVS to test color and brightness. I think I'll add in venom since it should be available by then stat tuned
Good to hear. Let us know if you come up with any picture settings. When my next set arrives I'm going to spend the time using the HD 709 images on youtube to do some calibration.

I found some other content that is 4k, hopefully will be able to open up a couple of the other picture settings using these.

The rtangs.com of the 6750 said to use the standard preset for HDR as the jump point for calibration as it gave the desired brightness.

Brightness in a very bright room will be an issue. My set couldn't overcome the glare from Windows and walls. It was an extreme case, and not the environment my set will be in.

The more I look around the more I realize that this is still a solid price for this size panel if you get one without backlight uniformity issues.

While I could make the case for waiting on the 900f to drop another 1k. That's still pricey. I bought this set and Vizio pq65 for less than the 900f 85.
post #372 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa5 View Post
Dell has Ebates. Was 10% around Black Friday, now 8%. That plus the gift card is how the 2k price was calculated.
that ebates 8% back deal plus the dell 250 cash card still seems like a good deal for the 6570. Basically the same TV for 2 grand. Just no atmos....but who cares if the tv doesnt have atmos?? Most people dont even use TV speakers when buying this kind of tv...

Sony XBR 85 900F
Sony STR DN1080
TI 85 Calculator with Snake
post #373 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
that ebates 8% back deal plus the dell 250 cash card still seems like a good deal for the 6570. Basically the same TV for 2 grand. Just no atmos....but who cares if the tv doesnt have atmos?? Most people dont even use TV speakers when buying this kind of tv...
The dell deal is Was gone. Seems live now though
post #374 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello all!
I've been following this thread for the past couple days As I'm in a dilemma. I purchased this TV in the 6570 - 75" (60hz) version from Dell and it's not that bad. However I wish I would have gotten the 86" for a more submersive & judder-free experience. So currently cosco has the Warranty for 3 years at $99 that they give for free where as Dell wants a crap load for the warranty; but they have a $250 gift card as well as 6% back in rewards for using their credit card with 12 mni. So to be clear, the only difference is the atmos & remote? Is the 120hz verified since LG is lied about the dimming??? Thanks!
post #375 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wink Bottom Line Question

I too have been lurking this thread since its inception; almost last day to pull the trigger so...

I get the advertising discrepancy, lack of knowledge of LG staff, etc, etc. Bottom line, for a 4K 86" TV AT THE $2499 price, Is the LG brand worth it given the overall picture quality and reliability?

Believe me, I get wrapped up in specs too, but at the end of the day, do you like what you see? I'd prefer to only receive comments from those who either own the 7570 or watched it in a friend's house. Viewing at the store tends to non-represent as they tend to put content that shows the TV's strengths.

Thanks in advance!
post #376 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Chong View Post
I too have been lurking this thread since its inception; almost last day to pull the trigger so...

I get the advertising discrepancy, lack of knowledge of LG staff, etc, etc. Bottom line, for a 4K 86" TV AT THE $2499 price, Is the LG brand worth it given the overall picture quality and reliability?

Believe me, I get wrapped up in specs too, but at the end of the day, do you like what you see? I'd prefer to only receive comments from those who either own the 7570 or watched it in a friend's house. Viewing at the store tends to non-represent as they tend to put content that shows the TV's strengths.

Thanks in advance!
I am wondering the same if I should get this or the 82 in Samsung.

How bright is this TV guide in terms of nits? It's going on a large wall with 11 ft ceilings shown here in the family room.

Last edited by ffactoryxx; 11-30-2018 at 10:22 AM.
post #377 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 10:38 AM

The 82 qled Samsung is still available on ebay for $2499. It looks awesome!

The 85" Sony 850f is available from buydig via ebay for $2999 plus free google assistant device. They are an ad and you can add 2 year square trade via ebay for $75. Both of these are good alternatives. Despite my anger/ frustration with lg, I'm not convinced either of these two is way better than the lg in terms of Pq. Sony uses an ips panel too.

It's a tough call.

Honestly, I am contemplating returning the Costco tv and going for the Sony. I'm gonna check it out at Best Buy today Again along with the qled.

I should get the lg today and hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out a little this weekend.

I'll let everyone know my impressions
post #378 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:

The 85" Sony 850f is available from buydig via ebay for $2999 plus free google assistant device. They are an ad and you can add 2 year square trade via ebay for $75. Both of these are good alternatives. Despite my anger/ frustration with lg, I'm not convinced either of these two is way better than the lg in terms of Pq. Sony uses an ips panel too.

It's a tough call.

Honestly, I am contemplating returning the Costco tv and going for the Sony. I'm gonna check it out at Best Buy today Again along with the qled.

I should get the lg today and hopefully I'll get a chance to test it out a little this weekend.

I'll let everyone know my impressions
The 85" Sony 850F is not an IPS panel (its a VA). Unless someone needs the (slightly) better viewing angle of the IPS panel in the LG, and/or is really gung ho about the extra 4" vs an 82", the other choices are likely to be more satisfactory due to better blacks and higher brightness capability.

(I personally resisted the siren song of the extra square footage, and pulled the trigger on a (smaller than what I had!) 65" C8 OLED. OMG I am so thrilled with that set...)
post #379 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
but...ebay????
post #380 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
The 85" Sony 850F is not an IPS panel (its a VA). Unless someone needs the (slightly) better viewing angle of the IPS panel in the LG, and/or is really gung ho about the extra 4" vs an 82", the other choices are likely to be more satisfactory due to better blacks and higher brightness capability.

(I personally resisted the siren song of the extra square footage, and pulled the trigger on a (smaller than what I had!) 65" C8 OLED. OMG I am so thrilled with that set...)
I believe you are wrong. The smaller sized 850f s are a but the 85" is an ips according to rtings.com
post #381 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
I believe you are wrong. The smaller sized 850f s are a but the 85" is an ips according to rtings.com
Not sure what you are seeing on rtings.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x850f
Quote:
Disappointing contrast ratio on the X850F. It has an IPS type panel similar to the X850D. Dark scenes will not look their best especially when playing in a dark room.

We tested the 65" model, but it is highly likely that the 85" will have a VA type panel, which we would expect to have at least a 3000:1 contrast ratio.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...rice-talk.html

Quote:
Making this thread as the 85" set is a completely different TV than every other size in the series (VA vs IPS) and there seems to be zero information anywhere or reviews(Rtings, Cnet, and everywhere else have been reviewing the 65" IPS version and mixing it in with the 85" which is way off) and Q&A threads keep popping up for the 85", so here we go..
post #382 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 11:37 AM

So did I get it mixed up and the smaller have ips and larger va? All the more reason to go for sony
post #383 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

As someone that's owned 3 lg 4k sets lg usually has solid motion
Christopher Chong likes this.
post #384 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So did I get it mixed up and the smaller have ips and larger va? All the more reason to go for sony
Sony 850f 85inch will have better contrast due to the va panel , but no dolby vision or atmos over arc, with the same brightness

Last edited by ultraflexed; 11-30-2018 at 01:05 PM.
post #385 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLatt View Post
Hello all!
I've been following this thread for the past couple days As I'm in a dilemma. I purchased this TV in the 6570 - 75" (60hz) version from Dell and it's not that bad. However I wish I would have gotten the 86" for a more submersive & judder-free experience. So currently cosco has the Warranty for 3 years at $99 that they give for free where as Dell wants a crap load for the warranty; but they have a $250 gift card as well as 6% back in rewards for using their credit card with 12 mni. So to be clear, the only difference is the atmos & remote? Is the 120hz verified since LG is lied about the dimming??? Thanks!

The difference is the 86inch has dolby vision, dolby atmos, and uses the a7 oleds processor.

First 2500 that's hard to beat.....
If you have a home theater or a full atmos set up or planning to get one, this tv should be no brainer, there are over 150 dolby vision ang atmos movies on the vudu app there currently no physical media that will allow atmos and vision both, usually you have to pick one but if the tv does atmos over arc and dolby vision your in the game
post #386 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I have the set and overall it is a thumbs up. My previous set was a 65” KS8000 and this is a huge improvement in all regards. For most content the image looks flawless to me, and the size is immersive (which was the #1 criteria for me). I used a projector in the past, and I loved the screen size, but the pq isn’t even in the same league.

That being said, I’m not fully satisfied with the blacks, and I think it might just be a bad panel. I’ve got 90 days to return it to Costco no questions asked. I’m going to continue to follow this thread and hope for more reviews. I know others are returning their sets in hopes of getting a better panel. If it works for them I will certainly do the same. At the same time I’m watching the price of the Sony 900. With Super Bowl coming up and 2019 sets on the way there could be more sales.

Price is important, but size and value is more important to me. I’ll pay more for a better set if the value makes sense. Right now though in the 80”+ range this is definitely the better deal, even with some drawbacks.
Christopher Chong likes this.
post #387 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiddo View Post
I know others are returning their sets in hopes of getting a better panel. If it works for them I will certainly do the same. .
Hopefully Costco/LG doesn't take all the sets everyone is returning and just recycling them between the same people/to the next person!
ultraflexed likes this.

Living Room: (5.1) Def Tech XTR-50 (L/C/R) Def Tech XTR-20BP (SL/SR) Klipsch Sub 10 Sony STR-DH740 AVR Rm Sz 15.5'W x 17.5'D
Basement: (7.2.4) KEF Q700 (L/R) KEF Q600c (C) KEF Q100 (SL/BL/SR/BR) Speakercraft Aim8 Three Older Series (Ceiling Atmos)
VTF-3 MK5 HP (Subs) Rm Sz 14'W x 45'D
post #388 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked: 779
[QUOTE=ffactoryxx;57192156]I am wondering the same if I should get this or the 82 in Samsung.

How bright is this TV guide in terms of nits? It's going on a large wall with 11 ft ceilings shown here in the family room.
[QUOTE]

That room looks to be huge - maybe 40 feet across to the back of the dining area with a severe angle to the kitchen which might make an IPS panel a good idea. So get the biggest screen, either the 86" LG or 85" Sony. Rtings measured the LG's real scene brightness at around 300 nits for both SDR and HDR. That brightness level is fine for SDR, not that good for HDR, but the LG doesn't have local dimming so HDR will not be very good anyway. The 82" Samsung is an edge-lit VA panel and the local dimming isn't very good and can't be turned off, so HDR should be better but not great. To get good HDR performance, you would need to spend $5K and go for the XBR85X900F which is a VA panel FALD TV. But if you're watching mostly SDR (regular TV and sports) as most people outside of the forum, local dimming isn't critical, so just decide if you want an IPS panel like the LG 86UK6570 or an VA panel like the Sony XBR85X850F.
post #389 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=VA_DaveB;57193686][QUOTE=ffactoryxx;57192156]I am wondering the same if I should get this or the 82 in Samsung.

Quote:

That room looks to be huge - maybe 40 feet across to the back of the dining area with a severe angle to the kitchen which might make an IPS panel a good idea. So get the biggest screen, either the 86" LG or 85" Sony. Rtings measured the LG's real scene brightness at around 300 nits for both SDR and HDR. That brightness level is fine for SDR, not that good for HDR, but the LG doesn't have local dimming so HDR will not be very good anyway. The 82" Samsung is an edge-lit VA panel and the local dimming isn't very good and can't be turned off, so HDR should be better but not great. To get good HDR performance, you would need to spend $5K and go for the XBR85X900F which is a VA panel FALD TV. But if you're watching mostly SDR (regular TV and sports) as most people outside of the forum, local dimming isn't critical, so just decide if you want an IPS panel like the LG 86UK6570 or an VA panel like the Sony XBR85X850F.
Those rting numbers are based on the smaller tv's of the 6570
I can all but guarentee the 86inch will be brighter on the 7570
Number 1, the 86 version runs on alpha7 processor
Number 2, the bigger model features ultra luminance which is subpose to enhance screen brightness.

I dont believe any of the 85inch x850f will go past 500nits
The lg 7570 will top out 400-500nits
The 900f will hit 900 but cost you 2k more
Hdr is not just about black levels and nits dont forget about color
post #390 of 883 Old 11-30-2018, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiddo View Post
I have the set and overall it is a thumbs up. My previous set was a 65” KS8000 and this is a huge improvement in all regards. For most content the image looks flawless to me, and the size is immersive (which was the #1 criteria for me). I used a projector in the past, and I loved the screen size, but the pq isn’t even in the same league.

That being said, I’m not fully satisfied with the blacks, and I think it might just be a bad panel. I’ve got 90 days to return it to Costco no questions asked. I’m going to continue to follow this thread and hope for more reviews. I know others are returning their sets in hopes of getting a better panel. If it works for them I will certainly do the same. At the same time I’m watching the price of the Sony 900. With Super Bowl coming up and 2019 sets on the way there could be more sales.

Price is important, but size and value is more important to me. I’ll pay more for a better set if the value makes sense. Right now though in the 80”+ range this is definitely the better deal, even with some drawbacks.
You said you not fully satisfied with the black levels, how do they look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
86uk7570pub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page