Official LG 86UK7570PUB 4K TV Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #751 of 876 Old 01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
GGG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It’s back on sale for $2499 in the Costco SuperBowl booklet, 1/13-2/3...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 876 Old 01-09-2019, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
It’s back on sale for $2499 in the Costco SuperBowl booklet, 1/13-2/3...
Has anyone used a XBox and how is the gaming experience?
post #753 of 876 Old 01-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkhil Kumaar Banka View Post
Has anyone used a XBox and how is the gaming experience?
Yes the gaming is good, even online however it could be slightly better.

Unfortunately guys, I have decided to return my set

Maybe I'll will do a showcase video regarding x-box gameplay before I return it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 876 Old 01-09-2019, 11:59 AM
GGG

In addition to the LG 86” on the new Costco flyer, they also have the LG SKC9 47" 5.1.2 Atmos Soundbar for $499. Anyone here using that Soundbar with the 86 incher? Any issues with ARC or pushing Atmos?
post #755 of 876 Old 01-09-2019, 12:53 PM

How to Upgrade Firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogg125 View Post
Has anyone updated to the latest firmware? Any surprises?
Is there an upgrade? How does one find info on the installed Firmware and set the TV for auto updates or manual?
post #756 of 876 Old 01-10-2019, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1492 View Post
Is there an upgrade? How does one find info on the installed Firmware and set the TV for auto updates or manual?
I thought I had saw a post that said 4.10.30 was out. When I checked online, it was still 4.10.15.
post #757 of 876 Old 01-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Liked: 1
Hey everyone,
How have the replacement TVs been? As I mentioned earlier, all my light bleed, flashlighting and clouding have disappeared and I am pretty happy with my settings and picture quality. BUT, the banding on one side is very distracting. It is especially bad with broadcast and lesser quality pictures and it is very noticeable in white scenes. Does everyone have it to some extent? Nervous about swapping tv and getting something worse. I also want to be cautious on exchanges since Costco sent me a new Yamaha AV and UPS never delivered it so Costco sent another. Ugh.
I also asked them for the $100 cash card for the bad specs and they said no problem.
post #758 of 876 Old 01-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
In addition to the LG 86” on the new Costco flyer, they also have the LG SKC9 47" 5.1.2 Atmos Soundbar for $499. Anyone here using that Soundbar with the 86 incher? Any issues with ARC or pushing Atmos?
Yes I had issues with atmos over arc, never got it working
post #759 of 876 Old 01-11-2019, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I didn’t notice it at first but I do have some banding on the replacement. I’m thinking my original tv was slightly better than replacement so ymmv.

I’m not sure if I’ll push for a replacement. No one else seems to notice or care about the Banding so it’s just maybe my overt focus on details.

Thisisjust a general use Tc’s n living space and not a high end theater.

Im trying to rationalize that you get what you pay for.

Do you guys know if the 90 day return period for this tv starts over from day your replacement arrives or is it just from the original purchase date?
post #760 of 876 Old 01-11-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytalbayre View Post
I didn’t notice it at first but I do have some banding on the replacement. I’m thinking my original tv was slightly better than replacement so ymmv.

I’m not sure if I’ll push for a replacement. No one else seems to notice or care about the Banding so it’s just maybe my overt focus on details.

Thisisjust a general use Tc’s n living space and not a high end theater.

Im trying to rationalize that you get what you pay for.

Do you guys know if the 90 day return period for this tv starts over from day your replacement arrives or is it just from the original purchase date?
I was curious about the 90 day also. Might have to call Costco about it. I think very light banding would be tolerable but mine almost looks like a bright light bulb next to a couple missing ones. Technically this is a $4400 tv on many sites and you shouldn’t see the back lights. If there were less big ass white screens in all the commercials it would help a little
post #761 of 876 Old 01-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm still not getting any banding on mine. My screen is still very uniform. I've checked it again in both light and dark rooms with white screens.

I haven't gone into the service settings so I don't have the local dimming turned on. Have any of you with the banding that turned on the dimming tried turning if off to see if that has anything to do with it?

We do get what we pay for, but a new TV shouldn't have the banding problems you're talking about. I've been reading some of the other threads about other higher end brands and models to see if there are some of the same problems and it does seem with most brands no matter what you buy there are still problems with some panels.

I was trying to see if it would be worth it to spend more on a TV but for what I'm watching seems the the only thing I would benefit from would be better blacks. If the TV's lasted like they used to and didn't have so much that became obsolete I wouldn't mind spending more. As I mentioned before with the warranty from Costco there's a good chance this TV won't outlast it if it's built real cheep inside.

As I have mentioned before some of the content really looks fantastic very sharp, crisp and bright. Some not so great but I do believe that is due to the content not the TV. Seems I got lucky with a good panel. Time will tell!

I haven't put up the bias lights yet, ( haven't had time) to see if that helps the blacks.
post #762 of 876 Old 01-12-2019, 10:23 AM
GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraflexed View Post
Yes I had issues with atmos over arc, never got it working
What Soundbar or AVR are you using?
post #763 of 876 Old 01-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What Soundbar or AVR are you using?
Arcam 550
post #764 of 876 Old 01-12-2019, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
My replacement got cancelled for some reason. I learned this yesterday when I called inquiring about when I should receive word from CEVA. They put in the order again. They are very nice and removed me to keep an eye on the return window if I want to send it back. With the new sale I should have just returned and purchased again to start the 90 days over again. If the 3rd set is bunk, then I'm returning and moving on.
post #765 of 876 Old 01-12-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LynCan View Post
I'm still not getting any banding on mine. My screen is still very uniform. I've checked it again in both light and dark rooms with white screens.

I haven't gone into the service settings so I don't have the local dimming turned on. Have any of you with the banding that turned on the dimming tried turning if off to see if that has anything to do with it?

We do get what we pay for, but a new TV shouldn't have the banding problems you're talking about. I've been reading some of the other threads about other higher end brands and models to see if there are some of the same problems and it does seem with most brands no matter what you buy there are still problems with some panels.

I was trying to see if it would be worth it to spend more on a TV but for what I'm watching seems the the only thing I would benefit from would be better blacks. If the TV's lasted like they used to and didn't have so much that became obsolete I wouldn't mind spending more. As I mentioned before with the warranty from Costco there's a good chance this TV won't outlast it if it's built real cheep inside.

As I have mentioned before some of the content really looks fantastic very sharp, crisp and bright. Some not so great but I do believe that is due to the content not the TV. Seems I got lucky with a good panel. Time will tell!

I haven't put up the bias lights yet, ( haven't had time) to see if that helps the blacks.
This is exactly where I am at as well. I am having no issues with banding, blacks are way better than my 65" LG last years model. I have the service remote but have not turned on dimming on it. Side note, the service remote worked on my 65" which I turned on local dimming on it. No change. I set up bias lighting on my 65" from MediaLight just before christmas....Actual 6500k. Made a night and day difference on it. No more eye strain and the contrast lessens the terrible blacks and white banding on it. I am waiting on MediaLight to release the Quad XL which is for 75" plus screens. My 86" is set up in a dedicated movie room that I can control what percentage if any lighting is present.
post #766 of 876 Old 01-13-2019, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi thinking between this LG 86 inches 86UK7570PUB or Sony 75 inches KD-75X780F/C or Samsung 82 inches for UN82NU800DFXZA as they seem the best value for money. Anyone here have suggestions for me on best option. Would appreciate it.

Last edited by teachsac; 01-14-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Sales/Deal's talk
post #767 of 876 Old 01-13-2019, 07:51 AM
GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesapa View Post
Hi thinking between this LG 86 inches 86UK7570PUB or Sony 75 inches KD-75X780F/C or Samsung 82 inches for UN82NU800DFXZA as they seem the best value for money. Anyone here have suggestions for me on best option. Would appreciate it.
All depends on whats most important for you!
For me, immersion, sports, price and warranty, were my 4 hot buttons, and this set nails all these. I also love the LG UI and the Magic remote, vastly superior to the Sammy, IMO. The off axis viewing is the best I’ve had on any set I’ve owned, most recently an old Sharp 80”.

The only other set in the market presently that I was interested in was the Sony XBR85X900F, but even with true fald, it has it’s flaws too, some very minor screen imperfections, input content picture adjustment issues (just like this set), but mainly the high price point. With the Costco deal I got, after taxes, 7 year warranty, various discounts, etc...my 86 pub was $2,500 landed. To add the equivalent of the Costco warranty to the Sony and tax you are talking at least $2000+ more than the LG, essentially another 86” TV!

With my warranty, this set will take me down the road to the point there is an 85”+ affordable $4K-$5K OLED set.

It appears I am in the minority here on screen uniformity, my set has no corner or screen imperfections, banding or bad pixels. I have the service remote and the local dimming appears to do nothing, IMO. One note, I do have an old Darbee Darblet video enhancer, and I have been able to use it on occaision to brighten the LG on darker 1080P content over my Dish STB.

Bottom line, if an LG IPS panel won’t cut it for you, I would recommend the Sammy 82 Q6 and not the NU 8000, smallish price difference for a better set IMO, and fairly close in size to the LG.

Last edited by teachsac; 01-14-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Sales/Deal's talk
post #768 of 876 Old 01-13-2019, 08:15 AM

Thank you for this feedback, any feedback on Sony 75 inches KD-75X780F/C. I am planning to put this TV in my living room and I am concerned 86 inches may be too big though my Living room is 12 ft X 22 and farthest viewing distance is about 17-18 feet and normal closest is about 9-10 feet. Thoughts ?
post #769 of 876 Old 01-13-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesapa View Post
Thank you for this feedback, any feedback on Sony 75 inches KD-75X780F/C. I am planning to put this TV in my living room and I am concerned 86 inches may be too big though my Living room is 12 ft X 22 and farthest viewing distance is about 17-18 feet and normal closest is about 9-10 feet. Thoughts ?
Don't "NOT" buy a set worried about the size being too big unless your limited to entertainment center. Buy it for what features you want most. 15 years ago most people thought their 32" crt in the living room was big enough. Once you go bigger, you get use to the size and wonder why you didnt do it sooner.
post #770 of 876 Old 01-13-2019, 05:57 PM

Good perspective thanks.
post #771 of 876 Old 01-14-2019, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
hey guys, been reading this thread for awhile trying to decide if i should pull trigger on the 7570 from Costco. I really want the Sony 900F but not willing to pay $1,500-2k more. I'm no expert but what are the major differences between the LG 7570 and 6570? Amazon I get zero % financing and Costco i like that i get longer warranty. Anything I'm really missing in quality one vs the other? i thank you in advance for your help and responses.

Last edited by teachsac; 01-14-2019 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Price/deal's talk
post #772 of 876 Old 01-15-2019, 05:51 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccfball View Post
hey guys, been reading this thread for awhile trying to decide if i should pull trigger on the 7570 from Costco. I really want the Sony 900F but not willing to pay $1,500-2k more. I'm no expert but what are the major differences between the LG 7570 and 6570? Amazon I get zero % financing and Costco i like that i get longer warranty. Anything I'm really missing in quality one vs the other? i thank you in advance for your help and responses.
I'm very happy with the 7570. I'm disappointed and annoyed about the local dimming and ultra luminescence, but still a very solid tv.
post #773 of 876 Old 01-15-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogg125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccfball View Post
I'm very happy with the 7570. I'm disappointed and annoyed about the local dimming and ultra luminescence, but still a very solid tv.
I agree with Natedogg. Love the tv and all the features. Not happy with the LD and Ultra luminescence but love the set and love the size. I wouldn’t be happy with a tiny little 82”. Haha
That being said I am initiating a replacement because mine has too much banding. Praying I get lucky with the new one. As previously stated, the flashlighting and bleed all went away after a couple weeks of use. Go for the 7570 and get the 7 years of warranty for free basically.
post #774 of 876 Old 01-15-2019, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Rose View Post
I agree with Natedogg. Love the tv and all the features. Not happy with the LD and Ultra luminescence but love the set and love the size. I wouldn’t be happy with a tiny little 82”. Haha
That being said I am initiating a replacement because mine has too much banding. Praying I get lucky with the new one. As previously stated, the flashlighting and bleed all went away after a couple weeks of use. Go for the 7570 and get the 7 years of warranty for free basically.
thanks for your input as well as Natedogg's input
post #775 of 876 Old 01-15-2019, 03:49 PM

Can someone recommend a TV stand like a bench style for this 86 inch TV. I am also considering the TV mount FITUEYES Universal TV Stand with Swivel Mount for 50 to 80 inch so want to decide between the new TV stand vs using my existing TV stand and FITUEYES mount. Thanks
post #776 of 876 Old 01-16-2019, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I just purchased the service remote so look forward to playing around with this TV even more. Anyone have any luck setting the color bits to more than 8 in the Amazon fire settings? If I set it to any higher the TV can't recognize the fire stick. Sometimes it recognizes 10 bits but then it won't play any content.
post #777 of 876 Old 01-16-2019, 12:39 PM

Looks like Costco now has the 75 inches version of this on sale. Anyone here have any feedback on this ?

https://www.costco.com/LG-75%22-Clas...100410396.html
post #778 of 876 Old 01-17-2019, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Does this TV support discrete power on and power off commands, and if so, are they available on the service remote or magic remote? Same question for selecting HDMI inputs. I'd like to get the macros working on my learning remote for system power on and off, but the toggle power inevitably ends up turning off the TV when it is already on and vice versa.
post #779 of 876 Old 01-17-2019, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailracer View Post
Does this TV support discrete power on and power off commands, and if so, are they available on the service remote or magic remote? Same question for selecting HDMI inputs. I'd like to get the macros working on my learning remote for system power on and off, but the toggle power inevitably ends up turning off the TV when it is already on and vice versa.
I wasn't able to make the TV turn on / off with just voice over my Google Home. It works if you use the remote but you have to press the button so that's pointless.

I believe you would need to set up a casting device to wake it up by HDMI so using a Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV hooked up then using Google Home / Echo to wake by voice using custom instructions or telling it to cast something to the device also wakes it up.
post #780 of 876 Old 01-18-2019, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I think I’m gonna try one more exchange. The banding on my tv is annoying the hell out of me and I’m concluding that I paid too much to deal with banding.

Sucks cause otherwise I’m happy with the tv

This is my second one so I’m losing confidence regarding screen uniformity on this lg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
86uk7570pub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page