Official LG 86UK7570PUB 4K TV Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #841 of 876 Old 03-20-2019, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Costco is still offering this set. Worth considering or wait for the new model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 876 Old 03-20-2019, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 24
There will always be a newer model around the corner. If you need a TV this exceeded my expectations and I love it
post #843 of 876 Old 03-20-2019, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up Great TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
There will always be a newer model around the corner. If you need a TV this exceeded my expectations and I love it
I agree with Stu5759. This a great TV and you cannot beat the price point for an 86" 4k TV. Does it have local dimming, apparently not but I still find the picture to be amazing, especially with 4k/UHD content. If you need a TV now, go for it. If you can wait until Black Friday 2019, then maybe wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 876 Old 03-20-2019, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Folks I'm really happy for those that are satisfied with this TV. But you really are missing out on the benefits of HDR since this set cannot produce enough brightness for HDR, and has poor contrast. I offer this info not to diminish your enjoyment, but rather as information for those researching in the future. (I would recommend the Sony X850 for not much more money...)
srkmish and Kb Cool like this.
post #845 of 876 Old 03-20-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Folks I'm really happy for those that are satisfied with this TV. But you really are missing out on the benefits of HDR since this set cannot produce enough brightness for HDR, and has poor contrast. I offer this info not to diminish your enjoyment, but rather as information for those researching in the future. (I would recommend the Sony X850 for not much more money...)
hiperco, are you stating the Sony X850 is better because it is brighter for HDR content, thus you are seeing better image definition because neither has local dimming?
post #846 of 876 Old 03-20-2019, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3008 View Post
hiperco, are you stating the Sony X850 is better because it is brighter for HDR content, thus you are seeing better image definition because neither has local dimming?
Yes, brighter AND much higher native contrast.
srkmish and Kb Cool like this.
post #847 of 876 Old 03-21-2019, 02:54 PM
GGG

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I am only into this LG set for $2,200 after Costco “goodwill” discounts, executive member and Costco visa perks with a Costco backed 7 year warranty. This is the key buying this set or any other TV at Costco. They stand behind your purchase.

You say an 850f is “not that much more”. After a quick price check on Abe’s...
An 850f included with their 5yr extended would be at least $3600, and it’s not $1400+ better for me than the 86 LG at Costco. A much better choice IMO, would be a 900f, but that would be over TWICE the price of my 86 LG with a 5yr extended.

The LG magic remote and UI are VASTLY superior to the Sony and Samsung UI’s and VERY user friendly, IMO.
My friends Sony hiccups every time he tries to change 4K apps from Prime to Netflix to Youtube. Another friends Sammy is just a UI hot mess compared to my LG.

When an affordable 85”+OLED-type set becomes available on the market, I’m all in. For now, the LG is a no-brainer as a very inexpensive and quality means to bridge and watch 4K content till that super-quality large form factor comes to me. If the LG croaks under warranty, I’ll happily take the credit and put the cash towards newer tech. (I am coming from 2- old Sharp 1080p 80”s and the LG is a quantum leap over that old tech even with it’s PQ deficiencies).

For my use, mainly sports and scifi, this cheap 86 IPS with works and looks great for me and large groups of people with excellent off-axis viewing. And those non-videophile friends who come over for a sporting event are godsmacked at the PQ and immersion.
post #848 of 876 Old 03-21-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

85" X850F can be had for far less than you mentioned (like $1k less)... isn't it great that we all have options to choose from.
post #849 of 876 Old 03-21-2019, 06:51 PM
GGG

Quote:
85" X850F can be had for far less than you mentioned (like $1k less)... isn't it great that we all have options to choose from.
Not with an equivalent 5-7 year warranty like Costco...

Was in Costco today, they had a Sammy 82” Q6 variant (not the NU) for $2100!

Last edited by GGG; 03-21-2019 at 06:55 PM.
post #850 of 876 Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Not with an equivalent 5-7 year warranty like Costco...

Was in Costco today, they had a Sammy 82” Q6 variant (not the NU) for $2100!
Instead of buying a warranty on things you buy, you'd be farther ahead by putting that money into a savings account and covering your own repair expenses.

The 82" Q6 is definitely a superior choice over the LG.
post #851 of 876 Old 03-22-2019, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Thanks but no thanks hiperco. Not only are you trying to tell people how to spend their money, you are also trying to tell them how to save. No thanks.
This thread is about the LG 86 inch TV. It is an amazing TV and you will absolutely love it. It is a steal what it is going for right now. My 4k hd DVD movies are breathtaking. Enjoy
GGG, Cruzin and srkmish like this.

Last edited by stu5797; 03-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.
post #852 of 876 Old 03-22-2019, 10:13 AM
GGG

Quote:
Instead of buying a warranty on things you buy, you'd be farther ahead by putting that money into a savings account and covering your own repair expenses.

The 82" Q6 is definitely a superior choice over the LG.
Are you the master of the obvious or something?! If you take several giant steps back and re-read your own posts in this thread you might just see how ridiculous you have been coming across.

If you had been paying closer attention to the posts in this thread you would understand that the seven year warranty was a Costco exclusive and the main reason many of the owners in this thread purchased this TV -and- many folks I know buy their expensive electronics from them. The net cost of this seven year warranty was about $100 for me after rebates. When you purchase a TV from Costco you are protected like no other seller for many other reasons as well. This is especially appealing for a 100lb+ TV hanging on a wall that might need repair or service.

I never would have never purchased the LG if not for Costco and their unique price/support model, instead I would have waited for 2019 or 2020 CES for an all new larger format better quality set.

Maybe you should take your own advise and purchase the 82” Q6 at Costco, also make sure you don’t buy the $100 warranty/rebate offer and put that $100 in an interest bearing account, it should go very far for potential service calls, you might even have some pennies left after the $100 deductable service trip charge...
Cruzin and stu5797 like this.
post #853 of 876 Old 03-22-2019, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

For the "coming across ridiculous" contest, I am pretty sure I am not in the lead for champion in this thread. I didn't quote a ~$800 warranty from a scam seller (Abe's) in a pricing comparison. I never said that a 4K HDR TV with sub 1500 native contrast and sub 350 peak brightness was "breathtaking", especially not in comparison to several other superior choices in the current price range. And I would never buy and watch a mediocre TV for 5-7 years just so I could have a long warranty. But as I said previously, isn't it great that there are several choices in the 80+ inch TV "value" market. Enjoy your sets everyone, I know the size DOES matter and I AM jealous of the size of this set
Kb Cool likes this.
post #854 of 876 Old 03-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude1 View Post
Costco is still offering this set. Worth considering or wait for the new model?
Quote:
Folks I'm really happy for those that are satisfied with this TV. But you really are missing out on the benefits of HDR

Just a heads up for anyone who can wait a few months: LG will be offering a higher-end 86" TV (SM9070PUA) that offers a much wider color gamut and much higher brightness levels, along with FALD. It will also have the FULL HDMI 2.1 ports just like the LG OLEDs, which means it will have VRR, eARC, 4K/120Hz, etc. The MSRP is actually LESS than the 6570 or 7570, which is nuts.
dishdude1 likes this.
post #855 of 876 Old 03-25-2019, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_rangeBrew View Post
Just a heads up for anyone who can wait a few months: LG will be offering a higher-end 86" TV (SM9070PUA) that offers a much wider color gamut and much higher brightness levels, along with FALD. It will also have the FULL HDMI 2.1 ports just like the LG OLEDs, which means it will have VRR, eARC, 4K/120Hz, etc. The MSRP is actually LESS than the 6570 or 7570, which is nuts.
I am giving serious consideration to the 2018 model TV for its price point right now because the new model is over $1500 more than what you can get this for. I was bummed to find out the LG c8 I bought for my bedroom is actually brighter than this LCD according to the specs so I have concerns on the brightness level of this TV. I can't afford a super large OLED for downstairs although that would be nice. I really like the Web OS of LG so I can deal with slightly worse PQ compared to Sony or Samsung in the price class. Right now Costco has a pretty decent deal with Squaretrade warranty and my wife really wants a bigger TV downstairs since our bedroom currently has the best TV. Tough choice right now but if Costco next week or month dropped a few hundred more I might be tempted to go with the 2018 model.
post #856 of 876 Old 03-26-2019, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa8949 View Post
I am giving serious consideration to the 2018 model TV for its price point right now because the new model is over $1500 more than what you can get this for. I was bummed to find out the LG c8 I bought for my bedroom is actually brighter than this LCD according to the specs so I have concerns on the brightness level of this TV. I can't afford a super large OLED for downstairs although that would be nice. I really like the Web OS of LG so I can deal with slightly worse PQ compared to Sony or Samsung in the price class. Right now Costco has a pretty decent deal with Squaretrade warranty and my wife really wants a bigger TV downstairs since our bedroom currently has the best TV. Tough choice right now but if Costco next week or month dropped a few hundred more I might be tempted to go with the 2018 model.

Yeah, the 2018 86UK7570/6570 is a incredible deal right now! It fits my needs *perfectly* for size and price. However, I'm holding out for HDMI 2.1 (I'm a gamer) and good HDR. I have the luxury of waiting, so I will. I was expecting to have to wait until 2020, but then LG announced this high-end 86" 2019 model with a lower MSRP than the 2018 lower-end model we are talking about in this thread. Pretty happy to wait. But if you don't really care about local dimming (honestly overrated in a bright room) or HDR, it's hard to beat the deal on this 2018 set!
srkmish likes this.
post #857 of 876 Old 03-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the 2018 86UK7570/6570 is a incredible deal right now! It fits my needs *perfectly* for size and price. However, I'm holding out for HDMI 2.1 (I'm a gamer) and good HDR. I have the luxury of waiting, so I will. I was expecting to have to wait until 2020, but then LG announced this high-end 86" 2019 model with a lower MSRP than the 2018 lower-end model we are talking about in this thread. Pretty happy to wait. But if you don't really care about local dimming (honestly overrated in a bright room) or HDR, it's hard to beat the deal on this 2018 set!
I mostly watch YouTube with maybe 5% watching movies and of those less than half are 4k. The size is what is important which is why I think this TV is a good ft. However, since I bought that 65" c8 for my bedroom I know I'll end up comparing the two tv's. Viewing angles are a little important as on my couch some users will be at almost 40% angle. I read this TV is one of the better LCD's for viewing angles but it isnt an OLED.

I think right now I'll play the game that if it drops to 2K from Costco I will jump on this but risk it running out of stock. That actually happens a lot to me on costco. It would be very lucky if I actually got it for that price. Who knows maybe ill get lucky.
post #858 of 876 Old 03-26-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I mostly watch YouTube with maybe 5% watching movies and of those less than half are 4k. The size is what is important which is why I think this TV is a good ft. However, since I bought that 65" c8 for my bedroom I know I'll end up comparing the two tv's. Viewing angles are a little important as on my couch some users will be at almost 40% angle. I read this TV is one of the better LCD's for viewing angles but it isnt an OLED.

I think right now I'll play the game that if it drops to 2K from Costco I will jump on this but risk it running out of stock. That actually happens a lot to me on costco. It would be very lucky if I actually got it for that price. Who knows maybe ill get lucky.
post #859 of 876 Old 03-27-2019, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
This thread has taken a funny tangent. I kept my set, but make no mistake, picture quality is not it's selling point. It's good, but nothing to write home about. Dark scenes are frustrating due to the bluish gray. I also really enjoy this tv.

Anyhow. A new firmware has posted on the LG website. It's supposed to fix some Atmos ARC issues. I'm curious if there is anything else it adjusts behind the scenes. It's not available OTA for me yet, and I'm too lazy to manually update.
post #860 of 876 Old 03-28-2019, 09:44 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medphysdave View Post
This thread has taken a funny tangent. I kept my set, but make no mistake, picture quality is not it's selling point. It's good, but nothing to write home about. Dark scenes are frustrating due to the bluish gray. I also really enjoy this tv.

Anyhow. A new firmware has posted on the LG website. It's supposed to fix some Atmos ARC issues. I'm curious if there is anything else it adjusts behind the scenes. It's not available OTA for me yet, and I'm too lazy to manually update.
Hey Medphysdave,

Did you have any issues with not being able to change your aspect ratios once you turned on local dimming through the service remote?

Thanks
post #861 of 876 Old 03-29-2019, 09:25 AM
GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry.e90m3 View Post
Hey Medphysdave,

Did you have any issues with not being able to change your aspect ratios once you turned on local dimming through the service remote?

Thanks
I am having this same problem, don’t know if it related to my LD service menu change. I think it might be related to the differences in the particular streaming content app you are viewing.

On a lighter side...has anyone seen the guy on the news who was arrested for keeping a mis-shipped LG 86” TV?
Pretty funny...He probably wouldn’t have kept it and saved arrest if he had seen this thread and taken Hiperco’s sage advice about how you should buy something else...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...230124458.html

Last edited by GGG; 03-29-2019 at 09:33 AM.
post #862 of 876 Old 03-31-2019, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'll need to read this thread more...

Curious if the 86UK6570 is the same more or less.

-- any issues with ARC or Optical out providing 5.1 audio back to my audio reciver.

And how's the 86" model in a darker room? I've seen one series of YouTube posts with awful light effects due to the edge light and I assume size. But they are all from the same person. And Im highly doubtful LG could keep selling it if it was that unwatchable.

To me it seems like a great display.
post #863 of 876 Old 04-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnner1999 View Post
I'll need to read this thread more...

Curious if the 86UK6570 is the same more or less.

-- any issues with ARC or Optical out providing 5.1 audio back to my audio reciver.

And how's the 86" model in a darker room? I've seen one series of YouTube posts with awful light effects due to the edge light and I assume size. But they are all from the same person. And Im highly doubtful LG could keep selling it if it was that unwatchable.

To me it seems like a great display.
This is on the first page and helps to explain the differences.

•The 7570PUB has 4K Cinema HDR feature which provides clarity and fine picture details when the TV screen is viewed.
•The 7570PUB has Local Dimming which makes the dark scenes as black as possible and light scenes as bright as needed. EDIT: NO LOCAL DIMMING
•The 7570PUB has Ultra Luminance which helps with the brightness of the image the TV displays.
•The 7570PUB comes with the Magic Remote while it is an optional accessory with the 6570PUB and can be purchased separately. "

Like you I saw those same YouTube videos from that one guy and it is concerning. I am also on the fence on this. I was watching Costco's sale that ended yesterday and now they have a new sale $200 cheaper that ends the end of April with the squaretrade warranty. I don't know if the issues with this TV would really bother me as I am upgrading from a 8 year old Samsung 52". Costco has a 30 day price guarantee so if after April they drop the price more I could get that newer price but there is always the chance they just sell out their inventory.

Given that LG will only have one 86" LCD model next year and the msrp is $4299 the question is whether its worth waiting about 8 months for black Friday to pay probably $300 to $800 more (guessing) than what I could get this TV now without HDMI 2.1 and the other upgrades. I am more leaning towards getting it now. I have not really checked out other mfgr's new models because I really do like LG's web os interface but probably I should. I would be ok with Roku or Android TV as the interface as well.

Edit: I am not sure about the local dimming. I've seen people say later in the threads it has it and others got Costco rebates because it was advertised incorrectly so I am not 100% sure.
post #864 of 876 Old 04-01-2019, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thank you!

I actually ordered a 75” from Samsung.... it’s a “higher” trim level but not their QLED series

UN75NU8000FXZA....

But honestly I’m starting to doubt myself lol.
post #865 of 876 Old 04-01-2019, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
now that it is discounted another 200 dollars at costco, this is definitely more tempting with all the costco benefits.

I am not a super picky user, I will probably not care about black levels. My main concern would be watching sports and other fast action content. The (potential) blur of the fast action would bother me more than anything else. My question to the owners, are you satisfied with watching sports on this TV?

Another question I have, (not as big of a concern), is the upscaling of 720p (or 1080i) content (xfinity cable) good enough not to bother you too much?

Thank you all in advance for your input.
post #866 of 876 Old 04-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet3278 View Post
now that it is discounted another 200 dollars at costco, this is definitely more tempting with all the costco benefits.

I am not a super picky user, I will probably not care about black levels. My main concern would be watching sports and other fast action content. The (potential) blur of the fast action would bother me more than anything else. My question to the owners, are you satisfied with watching sports on this TV?

Another question I have, (not as big of a concern), is the upscaling of 720p (or 1080i) content (xfinity cable) good enough not to bother you too much?

It's in my cart, this is a tempting deal.
ewa8949 and hamlet3278 like this.
post #867 of 876 Old 04-02-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
It's in my cart, this is a tempting deal.
Bought it. After a few drinks I couldn't resist. Great price with a 7 year warranty and I have 90 days to take it back. Something tells me after I see it I'll be in love.
GGG and hamlet3278 like this.
post #868 of 876 Old 04-03-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Bought it. After a few drinks I couldn't resist. Great price with a 7 year warranty and I have 90 days to take it back. Something tells me after I see it I'll be in love.
Let us all know how you like it. Also, let me know how long it takes for the TV to turn on before the remote lets you change volume.
post #869 of 876 Old 04-03-2019, 07:35 PM

Thumbs up Decent Upscaling

I use to have DirecTV and now have FIOS. The picture looks very good with both. The upscaling with broadcast TV is pretty good. 1080p movies through Plex look great and UHD through Plex looks absolutely amazing!

I'm glad I bought the TV back in November and with the $200 price drop, I don't think you can go wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet3278 View Post

hamlet3278 likes this.

Last edited by jp3008; 04-03-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #870 of 876 Old 04-11-2019, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewa8949 View Post
Let us all know how you like it. Also, let me know how long it takes for the TV to turn on before the remote lets you change volume.
received it yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
86uk7570pub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page