AVS Forum banner

Official LG 86UK7570PUB 4K TV Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

124K views 882 replies 90 participants last post by  6LynCan 
#1 · (Edited)
This TV seems to be a late year upgrade to the 86UK6570PUB. Here is what I was told by LG:

"Let me provide some information in relation to the difference between the 86UK6570PUB and 86UK7570PUB TV models.

In response to this, please be advised that upon checking the specifications of both models, let me provide the list of their differences below.

•The 7570PUB has 4K Cinema HDR feature which provides clarity and fine picture details when the TV screen is viewed.
The 7570PUB has Local Dimming which makes the dark scenes as black as possible and light scenes as bright as needed. EDIT: NO LOCAL DIMMING :(
•The 7570PUB has Ultra Luminance which helps with the brightness of the image the TV displays.
•The 7570PUB comes with the Magic Remote while it is an optional accessory with the 6570PUB and can be purchased separately. "

I believe these both are array lit vs edge lit, which I guess makes the 86UK7570PUB have FALD? (!) NO LOCAL DIMMING :(

From what I can find right now, this may be a Costco exclusive.

Link to LG: https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-86UK7570PUB-4k-uhd-tv

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
The documentation so far is quite confusing.

If you look at the model number, it is the lower end UHD. If you look at the specs, it is equivalent to the Super UHD models.

Little things like:
1. It has 4K Cinema HDR not 4K Active HDR.
2. Ultra Luminance
3. I can't find FALD on a model without having Nano Cell technology.

Called my local Costco and the manager actually said Super UHD when he was looking it up in the computer.

Mixed bag and confusion as to what this really is.

#8 ·
Just a couple quick notes: Ultra Luiminance is also a feature on a number of the TVs in the 6500 line, including the 70" 6570, but not the 75 or 86. Also, on the 6500 page, in the Q&A for the 50" set, a used asked if the TV was FALD, and LG support replied no, the set has direct backlight with local dimming but not FALD, and did not disclose zones--which is sort of an ambiguous statement. MY guess is the FALD on the UK7570 is at best on level with the Vizio E series, or the LG UF8500 series--large zones which will certainly be better than no local dimming, but not performance on par with the SK9000. It may even be no better than edge dimming if the backlight is a number of large vertical LEDs, like this picture of the 75UK6570 implies--of course I'm just guessing based on a picture and a different size and higher model number may have a different backlight design. I would love to be wrong and this set be a giant SK9000 without nano-cell.

#10 ·
I am going to wait to hear from someone who actually sees this TV in person as I will be using it in a dedicated theater (replacing a 92" projector).

I spoke with LG support and they are saying the website is incorrect, this has "no local dimming" and they will be putting in a ticket to change it on the web

#12 ·
Typically these lower end TVs have "frame dimming" that dims the entire screen. As I posted earlier, the high-end LG SK9000 and LG SK9500 series are FALD. Then the mid-range SK8000 and UK7700 have edge dimming, while the lower-end UK6570 and below have no local dimming. The 86" UK7570 seems to be a holiday one off since no other sizes are listed on the LG website and could have custom specs for the warehouse clubs. If it doesn't have local dimming, it appears to be just a partial upgrade of the 86" UK6570 adding LG's 4K Cinema HDR and Ultra Luminance as mentioned in another post.

#16 ·
I think you will be disappointed with a gray screen even with local dimming since this is an IPS panel. Look at rtings for reviews of LG sets with IPS and local dimming.

And the array size is likely large on this set (in other words not many zones).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Given the price, and history of similarly sized/priced models, I would be stunned if this were anything other than a single zone. It may be backlit as opposed to edge lit, as that's been a not-uncommon set up at this size, but...yeah.

#21 · (Edited)
The rebates and gift card are too much of a hassle for me. Plus I believe you get a 7 year warranty with Costco if you buy with their CC. If local dimming works, this is the TV I want. Plus you get the magic remote as well. Also, if there's an issue, I can return it to a local Costco, I won't need to worry about packing and shipping it back.

#34 ·
I ran the YouTube video but it doesn't make sense to me. How is that CV punting the zones?
In a darkened room, turn the TV's contrast and backlight controls all the way up. Then, watch the YouTube video full-screen. Each zone will light up as the small white box passes through it. Count the rows and columns as the zones light up. Multiply the two numbers, and you've got the TV's zone count.

#31 ·
With just watching broadcast football for a couple hours in a dark room...

I'm happy, but want to check out some Dolby Vision 4k content to see what it can do.

I got it from Costo with the free Squaretrade warranty. I have 5 years of coverage for free and 90 days to return.

Happy so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#32 ·
What does the instruction manual say about local dimming?

#33 ·
So if there is local dimming, then there is no difference between 6570 and 7570?

~$750 difference is almost 30% saving, so, Costco's 7 year warranty is no match in my view. Only advantage I see is, if there is a better deal in the next 90 days, you might be able to return the Cosco TV without penalty. But that big TV is still a hassle to return?

I don't care about the remote.

#40 ·
Got it yesterday

Put it up on the wall, and checked some stuff on netflix and prime video. Black levels are pretty good, comparing to my 2 yr old Sony 75". I tried to check the local dimming by way of the youtube video, but I DO NOT see any gray zones as the white box moves across the screen. Rest of the screen is pitch black except for the white dot. I did this after cranking up contrast and brightness to 100%. So how do we figure this out?
Otherwise the picture is excellent, black level is as good if not better than my Sony, sound is very good too.

#50 ·
Put it up on the wall, and checked some stuff on netflix and prime video. Black levels are pretty good, comparing to my 2 yr old Sony 75". I tried to check the local dimming by way of the youtube video, but I DO NOT see any gray zones as the white box moves across the screen. Rest of the screen is pitch black except for the white dot. I did this after cranking up contrast and brightness to 100%. So how do we figure this out?
Otherwise the picture is excellent, black level is as good if not better than my Sony, sound is very good too.
Which model Sony do you have and how does the motion processing compare?

#41 ·
Same here. Mine is on the wall and I got the room dark enough but not complete black out.

I did not see any zones changing from black to gray, like previous poster said. There is no local dimming option in the picture settings, however when I received it the firmware was not up to date. I updated it twice (had to do it sequentially, not in one shot) and it gave me twice as many picture defaults alas still no local dimming.

#49 ·
The first post in this thread has the differences as told to me by LG. Reposting here for convenience:

•The 7570PUB has 4K Cinema HDR feature which provides clarity and fine picture details when the TV screen is viewed.

•The 7570PUB has Local Dimming which makes the dark scenes as black as possible and light scenes as bright as needed.

•The 7570PUB has Ultra Luminance which helps with the brightness of the image the TV displays.

•The 7570PUB comes with the Magic Remote while it is an optional accessory with the 6570PUB and can be purchased separately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.