Official LG 86UK7570PUB 4K TV Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 84Likes

post #871 of 883 Old 04-11-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude1 View Post
Bought it. After a few drinks I couldn't resist. Great price with a 7 year warranty and I have 90 days to take it back. Something tells me after I see it I'll be in love.
received it yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 883 Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I returned the TV after almost 90 days. I couldn't live with the gray bars when watching movies in the dark.
post #873 of 883 Old 04-19-2019, 06:27 PM

i just ordered mine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 883 Old 04-27-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet3278 View Post
i just ordered mine...
Well i got mine, very happy with it. It was a challenge to wall mount it due to its size though. Took 3 people to safely lift and hang. Make sure you take it off the power saving mode right away otherwise brightness setting changes as it wishes, pretty annoying for me

Have not played with it whole a lot, just sports from xfinity, some 4k from youtube, some gaming, netflix etc.

the size, the price, the 7 year warranty and specs... very good value. Can't wait for the 81 minute episode of game of thrones tomorrow
post #875 of 883 Old 04-27-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin995 View Post
I returned the TV after almost 90 days. I couldn't live with the gray bars when watching movies in the dark.
is there a specific movie you can suggest to test for this? i am not seeing anything noticeable yet...
post #876 of 883 Old 04-28-2019, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlet3278 View Post
is there a specific movie you can suggest to test for this? i am not seeing anything noticeable yet...
Try searching YouTube for any 21:9 aspect ratio trailer or ultra wide trailer. I think he means the black bars that will be on the top and bottom. I imagine if you watch in the dark you will see a very dark grey instead. What matters is whether it is bad enough that it bothers you.
hamlet3278 likes this.
post #877 of 883 Old 11-29-2019, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hope folks are still following this thread. I have had the LG 86” for 1.5 years now. I cannot get close to conquering blacks with it. I see a lot of bleeding on a black screen. Granted I am spoiled because by other TV is an OLED.

Anyone faced this issue and come up with a solution?
post #878 of 883 Old 11-29-2019, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 154
It's an IPS panel (poor black levels) and doesn't have meaningfully operational local dimming (also bad for black levels). So par for the course I'm afraid.
post #879 of 883 Old 11-29-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
It's an IPS panel (poor black levels) and doesn't have meaningfully operational local dimming (also bad for black levels). So par for the course I'm afraid.
Thanks much. I have my eye on the 77” OLED to replace it, just trying to justify the cost. Not sure I will be happy with any LED TVs in the larger sizes. Wish I was since the 77 is pricey.
post #880 of 883 Old 11-29-2019, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I just picked up a Samsung Q70R 82", after selling my 65" C8 OLED. While it's not an OLED, it has a quite satisfying picture in my dark room.
post #881 of 883 Old 11-29-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
I just picked up a Samsung Q70R 82", after selling my 65" C8 OLED. While it's not an OLED, it has a quite satisfying picture in my dark room.
Substantially better than the LG 86? That could be a nice option for me.
post #882 of 883 Old 11-29-2019, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiprecked View Post
Substantially better than the LG 86? That could be a nice option for me.
Well to be blunt, most TV's out there with VA panels are going to be WAY better than any TV with an IPS panel. (Yeah yeah other than viewing angles. I still say that VA panels degrade to IPS quality when viewed off axis, lol)
post #883 of 883 Old 01-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I thought I'd check back in here and let you all know what happened with my TV.

I bought it and received it in Dec 18. Worked fine and was happy with it until a week ago. Last Fri while watching it the picture suddenly looked like it had multicolored wide vertical strips like someone had thrown paint on it running down the face. It still had sound so I turned it off unplugged it and when I re-plugged and turned it back on the screen was 3/4 dark with 1/4 light with a black 1" edge on the white side. It still had sound but no pic not even the LG logo. No way to get to menu or anything else.

I had bought it on line at Costco with the warranty's. So Called Costco on Monday and they got right on it. Called me back the next day to inform me per their service people it was not fixable. They gave me a choice replacement or refund. I chose refund and they will pick it up and do the packaging as well for no cost because it had been delivered white glove. They said I would receive my refund once they had the TV picked-up. They also gave me the choice of taking it to a local Costco and getting same day refund if I needed the refund faster. I would have taken it back myself but it's just too big! I also decided by getting a refund and buying a new TV it would start the warranty all over. They did tell me it could take as much as 2-3 weeks for the TV to be picked up.

Anyway I just thought I'd let you all know. So I've had my 70" sharp at the back of my media room on a table with wheels so I can move it around. Just had to roll it up in front of the LG and transfer the hook-ups.

I decided not to buy another LG but instead will most likely buy the 85" Sony BX850g that costco has on line. It's going on sale for in a few days for $500 less than I paid for the LG. I am also considering maybe getting the Samsung Q7D both the 82"and 85" are going back on sale next week as well but they will be more than the Sony.

I'm not going to wait for my refund to be processed before buying another TV as I want to take advantage of the big Game sales.

I'll keep you all informed as to how things go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
86uk7570pub

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page