2018 Sony XBR-900F owners settings thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 277Likes

post #211 of 768 Old 01-28-2019, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderegg View Post
For those who have been told that they should calibrate their Sony with local dimming off, I present you with what that does to the colors and gamma when you turn local dimming on after the fact. I posted a white screen shifting to green hue on the main X900F thread a few months back. Below is a YouTube video I just made showing my 0.16dE calibration shifting and altering hue and color, when local dimming is enabled, at any level. Ignore the contrast shifting, and pay attention to the 8 bit levels of the face shifting location and hue. As could be seen in my previous post with the picture of the crazy gamma RGB curve when LD is turned on, this is what it looks like to the human eye. Because local dimming alters the color at different levels of brightness, and objects being affected by local dimming will change brightness levels, and correspondingly change the color values, you get shades that are very incorrect being produced. As the forehead spot is brightened by LD, it is moved to the next gamma step on the 10 point, and because a calibrated TV will have different 10 point adjustment values, the TV will display the wrong 10 point RGB for the wrong now out of alignment brightness.

This should be less of an issue with a 2 point alignment, because although you won't get as accurate a gamma, or a gamma of your choosing, the 10 point values are fixed all the same, so the shifting in hues should not occur. See video below...the actual colors on the video are accurate to what I was seeing to the eye, magenta and mustard swapping locations and moving across the face.

https://youtu.be/vf99cvBVHEc

Well there lies the conundrum. Local dimming is a dynamic, fluctuating effect, it’s not constant. If you have a scene with say half dark half light, LD will only be active on half of the screen, or if there was a light source moving around the screen, LD will have the LEDs behind that source lighting up. This makes it impossible to calibrate accurately given that calibration is done with static patterns, you can get where you have the meter positioned calibrated overcoming the hue shift but elsewhere on the screen will be off due to the dynamic nature of LD.

So do you have LD off for a fully accurate image but then have the resulting blooming issues, or have LD on and accept that it’s not 100% accurate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 768 Old 01-28-2019, 03:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 277
The LD had much less of an effect, aside from changing the gamma, no color shifts, on my newest 2.2 flat gamma calibration. The video is my BT.1886, which I was under the impression Sony TV's try to hit. BT.1886 is made to view movies and such, grades on BT.1886, like EVERYTHING on Netflix. For video, like TV shows and the news, you'd want regular old 2.2 gamma, because thats how those are shot and graded. As an example, your DSLR or video cameras viewfinder is flat 2.2 gamma, called camera gamma I believe. If you hooked your video camera up to a BT.1886 Netlfix grading monitor, the image on the monitor would not look like what you were looking at in the camera. Point being, the weird color shifts were on a 60 Minutes TV show interview, I did not notice this behavior in BT.1886 graded material and BlueRays, probably because they don't place facial tones in the 80% range in areas that would be shifted by the LD.

Gotta love that OLED's don't have to deal with dimming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat View Post
Well there lies the conundrum. Local dimming is a dynamic, fluctuating effect, it’s not constant. If you have a scene with say half dark half light, LD will only be active on half of the screen, or if there was a light source moving around the screen, LD will have the LEDs behind that source lighting up. This makes it impossible to calibrate accurately given that calibration is done with static patterns, you can get where you have the meter positioned calibrated overcoming the hue shift but elsewhere on the screen will be off due to the dynamic nature of LD.

So do you have LD off for a fully accurate image but then have the resulting blooming issues, or have LD on and accept that it’s not 100% accurate?
post #213 of 768 Old 01-29-2019, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

THESE ARE OLDER SETTINGS, PLEASE SEE POST BELOW FOR UPDATED SETTINGS

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552

Testing out a new HDR calibration. It's still in the works, but if you want to give it a try, the settings are below. Just add these to Cinema Pro or Home and let me know how they look. I got the luminance curve as close as I could for HDR, so these probably on't look all that nice on SDR content. Working on the 10 point in the near future, but that is not that important as the luminance curve for HDR10.

HDR10 TEST SETTINGS JAN 29 DEPRECATED SEE NEWER POST ABOVE

Expert 1 or 2
Brightness Max
Contrast 94
Gamma -2
Advanced Contrast Enhancement Low
Local Dimming High
2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -6
B-Gain -6
R-Bias 11
G-Bias 16
B-Bias 11

Maximum calibration peak brightness was 540nits. Turning on Xtended Dynamic Range increased maximum brightness to 820nit, but at the expense of blowing the top end of the luma scale out, and causing massive color dE errors. XDR also has a habit of pumping it' backlight zones up and down, and causing really bad extra blooming to most black scenes. but hey, if you want 820nit in a 10% box! :-D

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552

Last edited by Anderegg; 02-08-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 768 Old 01-30-2019, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Testing out a new HDR calibration. It's still in the works, but if you want to give it a try, the settings are below. Just add these to Cinema Pro or Home and let me know how they look. I got the luminance curve as close as I could for HDR, so these probably on't look all that nice on SDR content. Working on the 10 point in the near future, but that is not that important as the luminance curve for HDR10.

HDR10 TEST SETTINGS JAN 29

Expert 1 or 2
Brightness Max
Contrast 94
Gamma -2
Local Dimming High
2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -6
B-Gain -6
R-Bias 11
G-Bias 16
B-Bias 11

Maximum calibration peak brightness was 540nits. Turning on Xtended Dynamic Range increased maximum brightness to 820nit, but at the expense of blowing the top end of the luma scale out, and causing massive color dE errors. XDR also has a habit of pumping it' backlight zones up and down, and causing really bad extra blooming to most black scenes. but hey, if you want 820nit in a 10% box! :-D
Hey good morning thank you for your effort
So your callibration with sitting the xdr off ithought it should be high on hdr
Gamma -2. Itried this for hdr very good with depth but on dark areas you will miss some detailes
Raising it up to 0 seems better and if you want detailes and bright try 2
Iwill try your setting but the problem is i tried every thing dunno which is correct
If we have pro calibrator here iwill bring but there is no one here on my country so ishould trust my eyes by the way im in completely dark room which is very hard for every set especially led ones

Last edited by Hussain Buhamad; 01-30-2019 at 11:34 PM.
post #215 of 768 Old 01-30-2019, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Feel free to slide your gamma up or down...the calibration is mainly meant to attain proper white balance while tracking an HDR10 curve. Since HDR10 is a moving target, being made for 1000 or 4000nit, that curve will be too dark or too bright for some content, so the gamma will work well for you. If you find the right gamma, that calibration should give you more details in the shadows, without washing out into SDR looking video. For games, you would want to set Xtended to HIGH along with local dimming high, looks amazing on Forza :-D

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussain Buhamad View Post
Hey good morning thank you for your effort
So your callibration with sitting the xdr off ithought it should be high on hdr
Gamma -2. Itried this for hdr very good with depth but on dark areas you will miss some detailes
Raising it up to 0 seems better and if you want detailes and bright try 2
Iwill try your setting but the problem is i tried every thing dunno which is correct
If we have pro calibrator here iwill bring but there is no one here on my country so ishould trust my eyes by the way im in completely dark room which is very hard for every set especially led ones
post #216 of 768 Old 01-31-2019, 12:03 AM

Quote:

HDR10 TEST SETTINGS JAN 29

Expert 1 or 2
Brightness Max
Contrast 94
Gamma -2
Local Dimming High
2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -6
B-Gain -6
R-Bias 11
G-Bias 16
B-Bias 11

Itried these setting doesnt work very well for me imake some adjustments
G gain -2
Colour 60
Motion clear
Gamma max
Xdr max
alot of change but for my eyes its good setting

Last edited by Hussain Buhamad; 01-31-2019 at 12:07 AM.
post #217 of 768 Old 01-31-2019, 12:14 AM

The best setting so far thats work very well for every thing
Cenima pro
Bright 3. Max for hdr
Contrast 90
Gamma -2 0 for hdr
Auto local demming high
Xdr off. High for hdr
Rgain -2
Ggain -1
B gain max
R bias -2
G bias 0
B biass -11
Reality cration manually
Reso 20
Smooth gradation low
Motion flow true cenima
Film mode high
Every thing else default setting
These setting are the best for my set in black room or black with bias lighting
Feel free to try and give me your feed back and your adjustments so ican try maybe its work fo me
post #218 of 768 Old 01-31-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1745 Post(s)
Liked: 1108
Anybody noticed any EOTF or color changes with the new 8.0 Oreo firmware?
post #219 of 768 Old 01-31-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I felt like there was less blooming but it could be my imagination.
naustin likes this.

Sony 85" 900F
Denon x4200w
BIC F12
6x Energy RC-10
DirecTV / Nvidia Shield / PS4 Pro / 1080 TI
post #220 of 768 Old 01-31-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sony's comments on the enhancements other than a DV fix for Netflix and a DTV fix, are pretty general.

"The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.

Improves general performance of the TV
Improves video performance "
post #221 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 01:48 AM
Advanced Member

Everything looked exactly the same to my meter on HCFR.

Quote:
CaptinCrunch and naustin like this.
post #222 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Hussain, by any chanc were you getting the black crush on Dolby Vision content, like Netflix? I just watched a Dolby Vision show and my settings needed the gamma boosted from -2 o at least 0. I am now watching the same show without Dolby Vision using an Android stick, and my settings look proper on HDR10. Unfortunately, I have no way to calibrate DV, as it dynamically adjusts the gamma, so I will just leave mine at 0 and let DV do any additional gamma adjustments...my settings were basically gamma adjustments to begin with anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussain Buhamad View Post
Itried these setting doesnt work very well for me imake some adjustments
G gain -2
Colour 60
Motion clear
Gamma max
Xdr max
alot of change but for my eyes its good setting
post #223 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Hello iraised up gamma to 0 for hdr
For dolby vision ikeep it same some time ifeel dv too bright on dark room so i but the motion to clear but recently idid compare hdr with -2 gamma with sdr with -2 for me the dark area seems too dark that crush some details so irais the gamma up to 0
Ithink now if iwill watch for dv iwill keep gamma 0 not below idunno why some people say that dv is sucks on this set idont think that it work at should it be but maybe for bright room its not work well for them
post #224 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Anderegg @hussain-buhamad With the 8.0 Oreo firmware, Sony says they fixed a problem with Dolby Vision and Netflix. I never use the Sony internal App so that is all I've got For streaming it's either my AppleTV 4K or my Roku Ultra.
post #225 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM

Liked: 23
I'm anxious to install the upgrade. Dolby Vision programs produce very dark scenes. Details in dark scenes are impossible to make out. I had to bump up gamma to +1 from -2. ("The Punisher" on Netflix via Roku Premiere+ is one example.)
post #226 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

As I stated also, with my HDR10 meter calibrated settings, the difference between HDR10 and Dolby Vision is roughly 2 steps of main gamma. I would imagine this has something to do with DV's purpose of keeping it's highlights within the display devices maximum luminance, so it must be just yanking down the highlights which in turn shoves the shadows down as well.

My solution for now is to simply use my HDR10 calibrations with an additional 2 points of gamma added vs my HDR10 settings. HDR these days feels like turning the brightness and contrast controls up and dow on an old 80's CRT TV...when there really wasn't a correct setting, you just turn the dials until you liked how it looked!

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMo View Post
I'm anxious to install the upgrade. Dolby Vision programs produce very dark scenes. Details in dark scenes are impossible to make out. I had to bump up gamma to +1 from -2. ("The Punisher" on Netflix via Roku Premiere+ is one example.)
post #227 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 11:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you are using a Roku you are just getting HDR10.

Netflix is Dolby Vision only on the Sony internal App, the AppleTV 4K and Microsoft Xbone sets and some other TVs internal Apps.
post #228 of 768 Old 02-01-2019, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:

If you aren't reliant on the internal VUDU app, you might want to go ahead and take the gamble of installing the update via USB. Vudu is the only common complaint about Oreo so far. There have been a couple of complaints about ARC as well fyi.
post #229 of 768 Old 02-02-2019, 02:44 PM

I stand corrected. The Netflix DV was emanating from my Sony UHD player app.

Quote:
If you are using a Roku you are just getting HDR10.

Netflix is Dolby Vision only on the Sony internal App, the AppleTV 4K and Microsoft Xbone sets and some other TVs internal Apps.
post #230 of 768 Old 02-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Calibrated my X900F for HDR10 again, matching luminance curve up until 60%, with 94nit 50% using 2+10 point calibrations. Then finalized my settings by adjusting contrast down while viewing 4000 nit (?very high nit!) cloud content on Amazon Prime Man in the High Castle. Also adjusted local dimming to high, but this causes severe highlight clipping (blowout) unless you enable X-tended Dynamic Range setting to high as well. X-Tended Dynamic Range setting should only be used for HDR content. The highlight blowout seen in this video is not overexposure by my camera, as the highlight detail is identical to what I was seeing with my eyes.

The YouTube clip below shows toggling on and off local dimming while viewing extreme bright dynamic range HDR clouds, as well as toggling X-tended DR on and off with LD on and then contrast adjustment with both LD and XDR on HIGH. This video was shot after TV was calibrated for HDR10, so it already has the HDR10 tone mapping optimized.

*I think X-tended Dynamic Range is Sony's word for HDR tone map adjustment, used to adjust high end for 1000/4000/10000nit master HDR content levels.

Paul

spear and fgsouza like this.
post #231 of 768 Old 02-03-2019, 08:02 PM

Dolby Vision on Netflix oddity...

If I use the Netflix app on my Sony UHD player, all the content is in Dolby Vision. I tried various movies and TV episodes and they're all being displayed in DV. This includes The Incredibles 2, Twilight Zone, and Frasier, This doesn't happen with the Sony TV Netflix app, just the UHD player. Very curious indeed...
post #232 of 768 Old 02-03-2019, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

If I use the Netflix app on my Sony UHD player, all the content is in Dolby Vision. I tried various movies and TV episodes and they're all being displayed in DV. This includes The Incredibles 2, Twilight Zone, and Frasier, This doesn't happen with the Sony TV Netflix app, just the UHD player. Very curious indeed...
You probably should check the AVS thread for your Sony player, because it sounds like bad settings. Frazier isn't mastered in Dolby Vision
post #233 of 768 Old 02-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

The Sony DV UHD player only has MANUAL DV on/off...you must first know if your show is in Dolby Vision or not, and then enter the menu system and switch DV on or off to match for each show you watch. I find it easier to group my DV viewings together, so less switching.

Thank you Sony engineers.

Paul

Quote:

post #234 of 768 Old 02-03-2019, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Working on a PAIR of HDR10/DV 2+10 point calibrations, one for 1000 nit master content, the other for the more common 4000 nit master content. These calibrations are meant to optimize the dynamic range of the highlights, bring the mids to where they should be, and raise the shadows a bit. The 1000 nit settings will look brighter than the 4000 nit settings when watching 4000 nit content.

A few questions for HDR watchers. I believe the most common complaint is "too dark". The calibrations account for that, and will make the lows and mids brighter, while attempting to map the highlights down to the proper bright point for our limited brightness TV's. If you have any other complaints about the stock HDR viewing experience that I might be able to calibrate in to the new settings, please let me know. And remember, the raised blacks and blooming are inherent to the design of an LCD panel with bright LED's behind it, and cannot be calibrated away.

For the curious, without local dimming and X-tended DR, the TV is limited to 540nits HDR...when you flip both the other settings on, you get up to 750nit calibrated max brightness in a 10% window. There was no other settings that would allow the TV to go past 540nits max HDR brightness, seems to be an intentional design limitation.

Paul

Sony X900F SDR and HDR Calibrations https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57551552
post #235 of 768 Old 02-03-2019, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 55
2018 Sony XBR-900F owners settings thread

Quote:

The Xbox Netflix app does this also. Super annoying. I just stick with the TVs native Netflix app
CaptinCrunch likes this.

Last edited by ocat; 02-03-2019 at 11:20 PM.
post #236 of 768 Old 02-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

May 16, 2019 custom X900F SDR/HDR calibrations

New calibrated BT.1886 and HDR settings for the X900F. If unfamiliar with BT.1886, see link at bottom of post.

SDR/HDR 2.2 Power Law gamma Calibration (generic sRGB)
Good for HDR gaming, Sports, and other Live TV content
Custom
Warm
Brightness 3 (HDR Max)
Contrast Max
Gamma 0
Black level 50
LD High
X-tended Off (HDR Medium/High)
Color 50
Hue 0

2 Point
R-Gain -2
G-Gain -8
B-Gain -19 
R-Bias -12
G-Bias -11
B-Bias -17

10 Point
Point 1 7 7 6
Point 2 4 3 0
Point 3 0 0 -2
Point 4 2 1 0
Point 5 0 -1 1
Point 6 -1 -1 1
Point 7 -1 -1 0
Point 8 0 0 0
Point 9 0 0 0
Point 10 1 0 2

SDR BT.1886 2.4 gamma
Cinema Home
Expert 2
Brightness 3 (for 100cd/m)
Contrast Max
Gamma Min
Black level 50
LD user preference
X-tended not recommended for SDR
Color 51
Hue 0

2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -4
B-Gain -6
R-Bias 13
G-Bias 14
B-Bias 9

10 Point Expert 2
Point 1 19 18 8
Point 2 5 5 2
Point 3 -2 -1 0
Point 4 0 -1 -1
Point 5 -2 -2 -1
Point 6 -3 -3 -1
Point 7 -2 -3 0
Point 8 -2 -2 -1
Point 9 -1 -1 0
Point 10 0 -1 2

HDR10 (Dolby Vision set contrast to Max)
Cinema Pro
Expert 1
Brightness Max *
Contrast 92 *
Gamma 0
Black level 50
LD High *
X-tended Medium *
Color 50
Hue 0

2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -5
B-Gain -5
R-Bias -2
G-Bias 2
B-Bias -5

10 Point Expert 1
Point 1 2 0 -5
Point 2 -6 -5 -1
Point 3 -7 -7 -6
Point 4 -7 -8 -8
Point 5 -6 -4 -4
Point 6 -4 -4 -4
Point 7 0 0 0
Point 8 0 0 -4
Point 9 0 0 -2
Point 10 0 0 0

*These settings combined as specified, result in most accurate tone mapping and up to almost 800nit peak HDR brightness. Other combinations of these settings resulted in less peak brightness, and other luminance short comings. X-tended at High for instance produced less peak luminance, and actually got darker at 100%, dropping in brightness from 80%. HCFR for HDR settings were tested at 1000, 2000, and 4000 MaxCLL, curves tracked well in all, the variations are only in the rolloff which cannot be adjusted.

http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...rs/BT.1886.pdf

https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r...3-I!!PDF-E.pdf

Last edited by Anderegg; 05-16-2019 at 06:57 PM.
post #237 of 768 Old 02-04-2019, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
New calibrated BT.1886 and HDR settings for the X900F. If unfamiliar with BT.1886, see link at bottom of post.

SDR BT.1886 2.4 gamma
Cinema Home
Expert 2
Brightness 3 (for 100cd/m)
Contrast Max
Gamma Min
Black level 50
LD user preference
X-tended not recommended for SDR
Color 51
Hue 0

2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -4
B-Gain -4
R-Bias 15
G-Bias 15
B-Bias 8

10 Point
Point 1 17 15 9
Point 2 5 7 4
Point 3 0 -1 -1
Point 4 2 2 0
Point 5 -4 -3 -2
Point 6 -2 -3 -2
Point 7 -2 -2 -1
Point 8 -1 -1 -2
Point 9 0 0 -1
Point 10 1 0 1

HDR10/Dolby Vision
Cinema Pro
Expert 1
Brightness Max *
Contrast 91 *
Gamma 0
Black level 50
LD High *
X-tended Medium *
Color 50
Hue 0

2 Point
R-Gain Max
G-Gain -4
B-Gain -5
R-Bias 0
G-Bias 0
B-Bias 0

10 Point
Point 1 3 6 -3
Point 2 -5 -2 -9
Point 3 -2 -1 -1
Point 4 0 -1 -1
Point 5 0 0 0
Point 6 0 0 0
Point 7 6 6 3
Point 8 0 0 0
Point 9 12 11 6
Point 10 0 0 0

*These settings combined as specified, result in most accurate tone mapping and up to almost 800nit peak HDR brightness. Other combinations of these settings resulted in less peak brightness, and other luminance short comings. X-tended at High for instance produced less peak luminance, and actually got darker at 100%, dropping in brightness from 80%.

http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...rs/BT.1886.pdf

https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r...3-I!!PDF-E.pdf
thanks. haven't tried these yet but have tried everything else in this thread/rtings/etc and I can't get the red out of people's faces. I just hate skin color on this TV. I have live color off, have tried all color temps. The only one thing that gets rid of the red is the weird color spaces that no one uses (sRGB/BT.709, DCI, Adobe), auto and bt.2020 are quite the same with the red. What setting do I need to mess with to get rid of the red? thanks

Sony XBR-85X900F & XBR-85X850D | BenQ W1070 | Sony XBR-60LX900 | Denon X4200W & X3200W | Infinity Primus PC351, P363s, P163s
post #238 of 768 Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

sRGB/709 s the HD standard color space...unless you are watching an HDR source, AUTO will enable the sRGB color space. I would say just turn the Color control down under 50 until it looks best to you?

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
thanks. haven't tried these yet but have tried everything else in this thread/rtings/etc and I can't get the red out of people's faces. I just hate skin color on this TV. I have live color off, have tried all color temps. The only one thing that gets rid of the red is the weird color spaces that no one uses (sRGB/BT.709, DCI, Adobe), auto and bt.2020 are quite the same with the red. What setting do I need to mess with to get rid of the red? thanks
post #239 of 768 Old 02-04-2019, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
sRGB/709 s the HD standard color space...unless you are watching an HDR source, AUTO will enable the sRGB color space. I would say just turn the Color control down under 50 until it looks best to you?

Paul
Doesn't look like AUTO is doing what you describe. AUTO seems to be using BT.2020 since I can't tell the difference between the two (I am talking about 720/1080 cable tv content)

Sony XBR-85X900F & XBR-85X850D | BenQ W1070 | Sony XBR-60LX900 | Denon X4200W & X3200W | Infinity Primus PC351, P363s, P163s
post #240 of 768 Old 02-04-2019, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

By chance is your cable box one of those newfangled contraptions that also has 4K output and Netflix and such apps? Sounds like your Cablebox is one of those do it all ones, and that it is set to output everything in HDR, similar to how an Xbox will spit out everything as forced HDR. Anyway, that's my working theory, assuming your box does 4K apps.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
Doesn't look like AUTO is doing what you describe. AUTO seems to be using BT.2020 since I can't tell the difference between the two (I am talking about 720/1080 cable tv content)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page