2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1643Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3271 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Member
 
rynomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Columbia, SC
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by busht4169 View Post
BUMP on this please

SDR = OFF (Default Option)



HDR = ON (Default Option)


^^^ This is the intended use ^^^



Some people turn it on for SDR but those people may as well have bought a Samsung as it destroys the color accuracy for SDR.
That said, do what looks best to YOU.

Spoiler!
rynomyte is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3272 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynomyte View Post
SDR = OFF (Default Option)



HDR = ON (Default Option)


^^^ This is the intended use ^^^



Some people turn it on for SDR but those people may as well have bought a Samsung as it destroys the color accuracy for SDR.
That said, do what looks best to YOU.
Thanks for the help. The Samsung comment made me chuckle.
rynomyte likes this.
busht4169 is offline  
post #3273 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Dellamorte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I’ve heard some people on this thread talk about how there is virtually no blooming with SDR content and that it’s mostly on HDR content. That seemed to be true, that is, until I bought a Sony 4K UHD player. Now, regular Blu Rays look almost worse than they did when I was using my standard Sony Blu Ray player on this TV – There’s a lot of blooming and of course, the horrendous washed-out off-angle viewing angles don’t help. I understand that I’m essentially watching upscaled SDR but, it seems to be accentuating the blooming. I’m not even going to ask if there’s a setting in the UHD player that I missed because the players are usually ready-to-go out of the box.

I keep going back and fourth and back and fourth about liking this thing. Thankfully, I have until January 14th to decide if I want to take it back, but I’m still on the fence, because sometimes I look at it and the image is beautiful and accurate and other times it looks like a hot mess. It’s frustrating because some days I’m fine with it and others I go into obsessive mode, trying to make it better. I find this issue gnawing at me daily, giving me anxiety, double guessing myself if I made the right decision.

I’ve done my research and looked at other TVs like the LG C8/C9 or the Samsung Q80/Q90 – hell, I’ve even researched OLED, which I don’t want because I know I would give it burn in, but even then I’m hearing that they can’t get very bright, and seemingly perfect models like the C9 have that an adaptive brightening mode that changes the picture, and I know for certain that it would annoy the piss out of me!

I keep telling myself that I chose the TV with the least amount of negatives, in regards to what’s out there, and while I do like it, it’s just sometimes I feel like I should just get rid of it all and go back to my LG 1080p and regular Blu Rays, but I also have FOMO when it comes to 4K movie watching because I freaking LOVE movies and want them to look amazing.

If ONLY I could get rid of the horrible off-angle viewing and SOME of the blooming – I would be a happy person. I’ve thought about returning the X950G and waiting until next year’s models come out, but with Sony seemingly abandoning LEDs, (or at least putting any quality into them) I will have no choice but a crappy LED or OLEDS. All I know is that I’m sick of stressing about this. $1,000 is a lot of money to me so I need to be sure I make the right decision because I’m gonna be stuck with this TV for a while.
Dellamorte13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3274 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Senior Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videomirage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyform View Post
You have hiccups on X950G? I don't, I have them on XE and had on XF. When exatly do you have hickups, with smoothness turned on or off?



For exact the same reason I'm afraid to buy OLED aswell. I'm not willing to spend more for something that has a shorter life span and burn in possibilitis.





I don't get them either, I find motion an improvement over XE and XF.





What exactly is the problem with motion on your XG?



My XG is smoother then XE and the XF I returned. Both XE and XF have/had judder and sutter while my XG has non and motion on smoothest setting is smooth without any framerate drops while on XE and XF it had tons of drops. I couldnt belive it because my old Philips TV's from 2008 and 2009 can make supper smooth soap opera effect effect without any drops so I was like how can't a 10 years newer Sony do this. Maybe it's like this on XE and XF because of a too weak android prosessor, I'm watching everything from the TV's build in android, I didn't try anything else maybe XE and XF are butter smooth via something else like a blueray player or a gaming console, I don't know but XG doesn't have this problems.
When motion flow is enabled even on any setting with or without BFI in any combination there is constant stuttering like the moving object on screen first second or two it stutters and then it starts to go smooth but by that time the scene changes and the whole process repeats it's like the tv needs a few seconds to figure out if it should enable video interpolation or not even though i and other people i'm sure want it to be enabled ALWAYS. And also in cases that it actually goes smooth without stuttering on cgi youtube videos i've downloaded and during gameplay on a ps4 pro it is not even that smooth, to me it looks like it's interpolating to 60 fps because i've been using pc video interpolation software SVP 4 and i have it set to interpolate to 120 fps so i can tell there is a pretty big difference between motion flow and Svp 4.
Have you updated to latest firmware yet? If so, please tell me that they added the missing Cinemotion settings.
allencc3 is offline  
post #3275 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
llep64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Pick your poison... my brother has a QLED and the black crushing is real!! Q90R , but les blooming for sure. Oled looks great at night....
llep64 is offline  
post #3276 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's it, i've decided to return this tv as well. I just can't stand constant motion hiccups. Once you notice it, you can't unnotice. I was so pissed, i unplugged x1x and plugged it back to my 1080p LG LB670V. I can't believe how rdr2 runs so much smoother on it. And all the movies as well. So either i'll just stick with my old tv, or wait untill the next h950g model, which will maybe, just maybe have decent motion and settings. They really screwed this up. Sony buried their traditionaly good motion since 2018.
Man i can't understand how older tvs could be some much better than these new ones. My 5 years old middle class lg has great motion, absolutely no blooming, deep blacks and more dimming zones than new high end lcds.
Let's hope Sony H model will be more decent.
Rhodes800 is offline  
post #3277 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes800 View Post
That's it, i've decided to return this tv as well. I just can't stand constant motion hiccups. Once you notice it, you can't unnotice. I was so pissed, i unplugged x1x and plugged it back to my 1080p LG LB670V. I can't believe how rdr2 runs so much smoother on it. And all the movies as well. So either i'll just stick with my old tv, or wait untill the next h950g model, which will maybe, just maybe have decent motion and settings. They really screwed this up. Sony buried their traditionaly good motion since 2018.
Man i can't understand how older tvs could be some much better than these new ones. My 5 years old middle class lg has great motion, absolutely no blooming, deep blacks and more dimming zones than new high end lcds.
Let's hope Sony H model will be more decent.
They could possibly fix the motion with firmware update. How long that will take or if they will ever attempt to fix, is beyond me. I am going to buy the H model or OLED either way and put the 950G in my gym room. Until then, I will continue to GAME ON!!!
brickyardz likes this.
allencc3 is offline  
post #3278 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 707
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
I’ve heard some people on this thread talk about how there is virtually no blooming with SDR content and that it’s mostly on HDR content. That seemed to be true, that is, until I bought a Sony 4K UHD player. Now, regular Blu Rays look almost worse than they did when I was using my standard Sony Blu Ray player on this TV – There’s a lot of blooming and of course, the horrendous washed-out off-angle viewing angles don’t help. I understand that I’m essentially watching upscaled SDR but, it seems to be accentuating the blooming. I’m not even going to ask if there’s a setting in the UHD player that I missed because the players are usually ready-to-go out of the box.

I keep going back and fourth and back and fourth about liking this thing. Thankfully, I have until January 14th to decide if I want to take it back, but I’m still on the fence, because sometimes I look at it and the image is beautiful and accurate and other times it looks like a hot mess. It’s frustrating because some days I’m fine with it and others I go into obsessive mode, trying to make it better. I find this issue gnawing at me daily, giving me anxiety, double guessing myself if I made the right decision.

I’ve done my research and looked at other TVs like the LG C8/C9 or the Samsung Q80/Q90 – hell, I’ve even researched OLED, which I don’t want because I know I would give it burn in, but even then I’m hearing that they can’t get very bright, and seemingly perfect models like the C9 have that an adaptive brightening mode that changes the picture, and I know for certain that it would annoy the piss out of me!

I keep telling myself that I chose the TV with the least amount of negatives, in regards to what’s out there, and while I do like it, it’s just sometimes I feel like I should just get rid of it all and go back to my LG 1080p and regular Blu Rays, but I also have FOMO when it comes to 4K movie watching because I freaking LOVE movies and want them to look amazing.

If ONLY I could get rid of the horrible off-angle viewing and SOME of the blooming – I would be a happy person. I’ve thought about returning the X950G and waiting until next year’s models come out, but with Sony seemingly abandoning LEDs, (or at least putting any quality into them) I will have no choice but a crappy LED or OLEDS. All I know is that I’m sick of stressing about this. $1,000 is a lot of money to me so I need to be sure I make the right decision because I’m gonna be stuck with this TV for a while.
It might help if you gave details of the model of UHD player and some of the setting you are using on your 950g, for example are you using the same HDMI port for your new player that you used for the old player? If not you probably need to work on the screen settings as they are port specific.



Try visiting the AVS thread for your UHD player and ask questions about the settings.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
Cheddarhead is offline  
post #3279 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Member
 
Dellamorte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
It might help if you gave details of the model of UHD player and some of the setting you are using on your 950g, for example are you using the same HDMI port for your new player that you used for the old player? If not you probably need to work on the screen settings as they are port specific.
The UHD player is model UBP-X700 Sony. I always use HDMI 1 for disc players so I only made slight changes to the picture settings. I'm constantly changing PQ settings on this thing.
Dellamorte13 is offline  
post #3280 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sjm817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,514
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
The UHD player is model UBP-X700 Sony. I always use HDMI 1 for disc players so I only made slight changes to the picture settings. I'm constantly changing PQ settings on this thing.
I recently got an X700. Be careful of the Dolby Vision setting on it. HDR is auto but DV is on or off. If its on, its on even for SDR. You manually need to enable/disable for DV content.
Dellamorte13 likes this.
sjm817 is offline  
post #3281 of 4444 Old 12-09-2019, 11:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,841
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1203 Post(s)
Liked: 1112
Has anyone had a chance to compare the 65” and the 75” side by side? I checked out several stores and the 75 always looks like it has better blacks and richer color, despite what the measurements say. I made sure to stand at dead center and from far enough distance where viewing angle wouldn’t come into play.
sd13 is offline  
post #3282 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 12:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
The UHD player is model UBP-X700 Sony. I always use HDMI 1 for disc players so I only made slight changes to the picture settings. I'm constantly changing PQ settings on this thing.
My experience with the X700 was awful. Take it back and get different player. Almost anything else is better.
Dellamorte13 likes this.
geoffo11 is offline  
post #3283 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 03:35 AM
Member
 
skyform's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by busht4169 View Post
BUMP on this please

I don't use X-Tended Dynamic Range at all, not even for HDR. I find the picture too agressive and unatural with it. I also don't like that brightness and contrast is changing all the time with X-Tended Dynamic Range turned on and whites are too bright and agressive aswell.
Oplasmic likes this.
skyform is online now  
post #3284 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
Has anyone had a chance to compare the 65” and the 75” side by side? I checked out several stores and the 75 always looks like it has better blacks and richer color, despite what the measurements say. I made sure to stand at dead center and from far enough distance where viewing angle wouldn’t come into play.


How is the viewing angle on the 75? I couldn’t see one at my store, they only had the 65.

You say it’s better blacks on the 75, there isn’t a loss of picture quality on the 75 compared to the 65?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Walddo is offline  
post #3285 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 05:12 AM
Senior Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyform View Post
i don't use x-tended dynamic range at all, not even for hdr. I find the picture too agressive and unatural with it. I also don't like that brightness and contrast is changing all the time with x-tended dynamic range turned on and whites are too bright and agressive aswell.
lol!
allencc3 is offline  
post #3286 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 07:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Returned my 65x950g for several defects but I ordered another one because I just dont see a worthy competitor at this price point. The feature set and potential of an awesome TV if I get one that works as designed is great with this one. I'll know in a week when it gets here, fingers crossed!
Expy is offline  
post #3287 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 07:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Sound gets cut out completely using eARC while watching Netflix or Prime thru the x950g onboard app. The earc is connected to my new denon x3500h AVR. I would have to turn off the Denon to get the sound back on the x950g speakers, then turn back on the Denon to restore the sound.
I have tried various cables, including a HDMI 2.1 specfic cable which turned out to be the worse. It actually wont carry sound at all thru earc. I dont understand because that same cable works fine elsewhere.
Servo086 likes this.
liftmys10 is offline  
post #3288 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 07:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Sound gets cut out completely using eARC while watching Netflix or Prime thru the x950g onboard app. The earc is connected to my new denon x3500h AVR. I would have to turn off the Denon to get the sound back on the x950g speakers, then turn back on the Denon to restore the sound.
I have tried various cables, including a HDMI 2.1 specfic cable which turned out to be the worse. It actually wont carry sound at all thru earc. I
dont understand because that same cable works fine elsewhere.
What firmware are you on? If you updated to 9.0 Pie I believe it had issues and was pulled. If you set your x950g to PCM I bet it will help until a new update comes out or turn off pass through on the sound option. Hopefully the next update fixes your issue. Make sure you also have enhanced enabled on eARC HDMI3 and also eARC enabled on the reciever.
Servo086 likes this.
Expy is offline  
post #3289 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 07:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expy View Post

What firmware are you on? If you updated to 9.0 Pie I believe it had issues and was pulled. If you set your x950g to PCM I bet it will help until a new update comes out or turn off pass through on the sound option. Hopefully the next update fixes your issue. Make sure you also have enhanced enabled on eARC HDMI3 and also eARC enabled on the reciever.
I'll check firmware and android version soon. Enhanced is enabled on both TV and AVR.
liftmys10 is offline  
post #3290 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Expy, what kind of defects did your tv have?
Rhodes800 is offline  
post #3291 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 08:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes800 View Post
Expy, what kind of defects did your tv have?
Ill start with the weirdest. I have no idea how this is even possible. This was on the Privilege 4K app but YouTube TV also had green line issues but not the double image.


I also had sound issues no matter what the settings. I even had Sony service do a remote view and tweak without long term success.

I also had complete loss of audio on all internal apps with my Sony STR DN1080. Only a complete restart of both TV and receiver would fix temporarily.

I have a very good WIFI router at 15' clear sight and it would disconnect if you accessed the picture settings menu. All other wireless devices work perfectly from a $400.00 TCL s405 TV to a $25.00 Firestick. I even removed and turned off all WIFI devices except the X950G and it still dropped. Ethernet was not an easy option.

I had complete crashing when accessing picture menu while watching video in any app.

When selecting an app to move on the home screen the whole lower half would flash green.

The biggest problem was that I had such a great panel and really didn't want to send it back. I tried everything I could and spent so much time researching solutions that I finally came to the conclusion it was time to start over with a new set.

Last edited by Expy; 12-10-2019 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Add
Expy is offline  
post #3292 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post
Have you updated to latest firmware yet? If so, please tell me that they added the missing Cinemotion settings.
I'm still wating for an update to be avaliable for my model, but i'm starting to think sony is never going to release one. And with all the buggy updates they are releasing for US models maybe it's better that they don't i mean i don't need any more software bugs than i already have, who knows maybe someone will discover a bug that will allow us to use motion flow properly ........ ah wishful thinking.

I read what Rodes800 said about returning the set heck if i could return it i wolud too but it's not like i can find a better option than this one anyway, LCD's are really going in the toilet. Man i should have gotten that zd9 before they stopped selling them here.
Videomirage is offline  
post #3293 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,221
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7023 Post(s)
Liked: 7045
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThingKing View Post
What do people think is going to happen next year with Sony and LCD/LED. Do you think the 2020 production line is going to feature a high end LCD/LED panel in the mold of the X900F from 2018 and the X950G from this year? or do you think they are only going to produce low to mid end LCD/LED sets and purely focus on the OLED range?
I would think their would be one model replacing both 900F and 950G. Probably baby step improvements. Hopefully they replace the 65Z9F and 75Z9F with another high end unit as those are still around as well. CES is right around the corner so we will find out quick
brickyardz and TheThingKing like this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #3294 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Dellamorte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Sound gets cut out completely using eARC while watching Netflix or Prime thru the x950g onboard app.
Wait, how are you able to watch things on Amazon Prime? Every time I try to watch something, I get an error. I uninstalled the most recent updates and instead of getting the error message, the content will play, but has loud distorted sounds and picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffo11 View Post
My experience with the X700 was awful. Take it back and get different player. Almost anything else is better.
Is there something the other model has that the X700 doesn't?

I would take it back, but I only paid $94 bucks for it and the only other option is a more expensive Sony and I refuse to buy Samsung or Panasonic disc players because they're just garbage.
Dellamorte13 is offline  
post #3295 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Member
 
Christian89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videomirage View Post
and during gameplay on a ps4 pro it is not even that smooth, to me it looks like it's interpolating to 60 fps because i've been using pc video interpolation software SVP 4 and i have it set to interpolate to 120 fps so i can tell there is a pretty big difference between motion flow and Svp 4.
U say it interpolates to 60fps. Is motion flow active? Which mode? Are u playing a 30fps or 60fps game?
Christian89 is offline  
post #3296 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 32
75 x950g

Just bought a 75 x950g off Crutchfield. Super stoked. I doubt I am nearly as picky as some members here with motion and what not, coming from a 2016 Vizio P65-C1 that while looks nice, is very buggy and drives me nuts at times.

Any tips anyone can provide? I know to change my input to "enhanced" is one...Appreciate any advice!
Walddo is offline  
post #3297 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
Wait, how are you able to watch things on Amazon Prime? Every time I try to watch something, I get an error. I uninstalled the most recent updates and instead of getting the error message, the content will play, but has loud distorted sounds and picture.



Is there something the other model has that the X700 doesn't?

I would take it back, but I only paid $94 bucks for it and the only other option is a more expensive Sony and I refuse to buy Samsung or Panasonic disc players because they're just garbage.

I have the X800-M2 and it works just fine. Still have to select Dolby Vision manually, but not a deal breaker for me. I know others hate that, but meh...
busht4169 is offline  
post #3298 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Administrator
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 17,475
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked: 1260
I just updated my 55” to add AirPlay but even though my iOS devices recognize the TV, when I enter the code, all devices act as if the code is incorrect.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Mike Lang is offline  
post #3299 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 11:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
I just updated my 55” to add AirPlay but even though my iOS devices recognize the TV, when I enter the code, all devices act as if the code is incorrect.

Is it/does it have to be on the same network or is that all Bluetooth?
Best case scenario would be that a simple restart of all devices including TV would fix it. If not you may need to reset the X950G (I must have reset & reloaded apps 10 times). At least that seemed to be the go to advice I got from Sony. I was having issues with the update and thought it had been pulled. I guess its back.
Expy is offline  
post #3300 of 4444 Old 12-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 17,475
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked: 1260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expy View Post
Is it/does it have to be on the same network or is that all Bluetooth?
Best case scenario would be that a simple restart of all devices including TV would fix it. If not you may need to reset the X950G (I must have reset & reloaded apps 10 times). At least that seemed to be the go to advice I got from Sony. I was having issues with the update and thought it had been pulled. I guess its back.
Power cycling everything was the first thing I did...nada.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Mike Lang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony 950g 85"

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off