2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1000Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #331 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
TrendSetterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
OLED has better viewing angles as well.



So what is Sony’s priority now?? They seem to have lost all sense of direction at this point when it comes to LCD. I still can’t wrap my head around how they could go from the Z9D to the Z9F.
Or the 940E to nothing to this X950G...

Theater: Sony 75x940E | Yamaha 3060 | DirecTv HR54 | ATV4K | MP 4K HDBaseT Extender | SVS PC2000 sub | 5.1 surround
Networking: ASUS RT-AC68U (wireless disabled) | Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD Mesh Wireless with wired back-hauls
Automation & Lighting: Control4 & Lutron Homeworks Interactive
TrendSetterX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #332 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
OLED has better viewing angles as well.

So what is Sony’s priority now?? They seem to have lost all sense of direction at this point when it comes to LCD. I still can’t wrap my head around how they could go from the Z9D to the Z9F.
And also release A9G as replacement for A9F in a short period.
New_to_4K is offline  
post #333 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_to_4K View Post
And also release A9G as replacement for A9F in a short period.
Exactly! And considering there has been basically zero advancement in OLED tech for the last 3 years makes that decision somewhat of a head scratcher as well.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #334 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I do not understand this last review post here

In other two reviews posted on the forum, also from our Chinese friends, both said that the level of black and blooming in the X95G is far better than the X900F. See below:

Using the term that a website analyzed, he said the X95G comes very close to an Oled TV thanks to local dimming and advanced algorithm.

There is even imagnes.
Dener Melo is offline  
post #335 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Member
 
samovies10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dener Melo View Post
I do not understand this last review post here

In other two reviews posted on the forum, also from our Chinese friends, both said that the level of black and blooming in the X95G is far better than the X900F. See below:



Using the term that a website analyzed, he said the X95G comes very close to an Oled TV thanks to local dimming and advanced algorithm.

There is even imagnes.
I think those two early reviews were using the 65” model which does not have the Wide angle tech.

And I believe the recent one, just quoted today, was reviewing the 75” model which does have the wide angle tech.

Of course, that is based off Google translate so can’t be 100% sure, but it’d make sense given how much the Wide angle tech screwed up the contrast and blooming on the Z9F.

Setup:
Spoiler!
samovies10 is offline  
post #336 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 11:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by samovies10 View Post
According to this review as well:

-DCI-P3 ~90%
-Obvious blooming
-Native contrast: ~4500:1
-HDR bright highlights peak somewhere between 1000 - 1200 nits
-Color is better than the 900F, but black level and local dimming is worse
-Viewing angles are better (no surprise there)
I do not like only native contrast and black label. I hope the native contrast is only in tv 75 '. I will by 55 'and this tv don't have view angle

X905E - native contrast: 5411:1 (I hope that X95G 55' be similar)
X905F - native contrast: 5089:1
Dener Melo is offline  
post #337 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by samovies10 View Post
I think those two early reviews were using the 65” model which does not have the Wide angle tech.

And I believe the recent one, just quoted today, was reviewing the 75” model which does have the wide angle tech.

Of course, that is based off Google translate so can’t be 100% sure, but it’d make sense given how much the Wide angle tech screwed up the contrast and blooming on the Z9F.

Yes, I hope it's just that.
Of course, if this last analysis is about the TV of 75 that uses the Wide Angle, we have a very good contrast compared to the Z9F.

So I expect the 55 'and 65' models to have an even better contrast or at least at the level of the X905E that was better than the X905F.

Sorry for my English, I'm learning.
Dener Melo is offline  
post #338 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 289
The most recent review is also the 65" version: "2019年SONY新品65X9500G测评!私家影院体 !"

On another note: over here in Europe the X900F (XF90) is carried over in 55 and 65" (didn't see it in the French video so probably depends on country) whilst the 49" is replaced with the X900G (XG90). Z9F and A9F nowhere to be found on either chart so discontinued for sure, but they might have plenty of stock left ...
samovies10 likes this.

Last edited by mithras1; 02-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.
mithras1 is offline  
post #339 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 12:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
The most recent review is also the 65" version: "2019年SONY新品65X9500G测评!私家影院体 !"
Dener Melo is offline  
post #340 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
The most recent review is also the 65" version: "2019年SONY新品65X9500G测评!私家影院体 !"

On another note: over here in Europe the X900F (XF90) is carried over in 55 and 65" (didn't see it in the French video so probably depends on country) whilst the 49" is replaced with the X900G (XG90). Z9F and A9F nowhere to be found on either chart so discontinued for sure, but they might have plenty of stock left ...
it is worth remembering that this contrast is of the film mode: 电影模式下对比度4425:1


I do not know to what extent this brings about differences in native mode.
I'm still hopeful that it can match the X905E
Dener Melo is offline  
post #341 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dener Melo View Post
it is worth remembering that this contrast is of the film mode: 电影模式下对比度4425:1


I do not know to what extent this brings about differences in native mode.
I'm still hopeful that it can match the X905E
Rtings numbers are for the 55" panel, the 65" 900E or 900F is not automatically the same number. 55" X950G might be better as well ...
If you want to compare numbers they should at least by from the same review site or reviewer. Read 10 different reviews and you will see 10 different results .


65XE9005 on AV Forums had "resulted in an on/off contrast ratio of 4,000:1 and an ANSI contrast ratio of 3,496:1. These numbers are actually very impressive for a mid-range mode"


"The Sony uses a VA panel, so the native black level was very impressive for an LCD TV at 0.03nits on a 0IRE window"

And on HDTv Test: "The 65″ Sony XE90 uses a VA-type panel which generates deep blacks by LED LCD standards. Native black level (i.e. without the aid of local dimming) measured 0.044 cd/m2 on both a full-field black and a 4×4 ANSI chequerboard pattern once peak white was pegged at our usual dark-room target of 120 cd/m2." [120/0.044=2,727:1 ANSI contrast]


HDTV Test on 55" X900F (XF9005): "Native ANSI blacks was 0.05 cd/m2 if peak white was set at 120 cd/m2." [= 2400:1 vs 5089:1 on Rtings ]

Last edited by mithras1; 02-20-2019 at 01:05 PM.
mithras1 is offline  
post #342 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
The most recent review is also the 65" version:
That is correct. It looks that 65'' x95g is just a minor upgrade of x900f, mainly faster android, two extra speakers etc. Newer processor (Ultimate) doesn't provide better PQ. Here in Europe I can get 65'' x900f for 1750 euro. Sony wants 2800 euro for 65 x95g. It is ridiculous. If android was faster on x900g I wouldn't event wait for reviews of x95g.
srkmish likes this.
Tomek398 is offline  
post #343 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithras1 View Post
Rtings numbers are for the 55" panel, the 65" 900E or 900F is not automatically the same number. 55" X950G might be better as well ...
If you want to compare numbers they should at least by from the same review site or reviewer. Read 10 different reviews and you will see 10 different results .


65XE9005 on AV Forums had "resulted in an on/off contrast ratio of 4,000:1 and an ANSI contrast ratio of 3,496:1. These numbers are actually very impressive for a mid-range mode"


"The Sony uses a VA panel, so the native black level was very impressive for an LCD TV at 0.03nits on a 0IRE window"
Thank you for your help
I even noticed differences in the sites I follow. They were small, but they do exist. I always keep an eye on Rtings, flatpanelshd and HDTVtest.

I will wait a little longer for further analysis.
Thank you
mithras1 likes this.
Dener Melo is offline  
post #344 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 04:20 PM
Member
 
samovies10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_to_4K View Post
Sony implementation of DV is usually lackluster, not sure if you're losing anything over there. Panasonic new LCDs has DV. The last year edition that I saw on display has terrible blooming.
I’m in the US of A and unfortunately Panasonic does not sell their TVs over here, as much as I’d like them to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
This thread has spoiled any thought of purchasing the 950G (granted, I will wait for official reviews). I agree with both your points. I might end up choosing a Samsung but it really bothers me that they do not have DV. 2. Most likely, if Vizio doesn't crap the bed on pricing, I will probably shackle up with the PQX 75".
But yeah, as long as Vizio’s local dimming algorithm is good and their color processing is better than last year’s model, I’ll probably go with that one. If not, it seems I’ll have to wait another year before considering an upgrade to a bigger screen.

Setup:
Spoiler!
samovies10 is offline  
post #345 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 04:42 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Exactly! And considering there has been basically zero advancement in OLED tech for the last 3 years makes that decision somewhat of a head scratcher as well.
According to whom? Compared to 2016 oleds, the 2018's have better burn in resistance (panels have seen a subpixel structure change), the peak brightness is higher, the motion and upscaling are a little better. I as well as people who have actual experience with 2016 oleds and now 2018 ones agree there are noticeable improvements.
Stop taking needless potshots at oled in a x950g thread. And sony's engineers are now concentrating on oleds as their 'premium picture quality tv's', that's just a fact and you can't change it.
Menarini is offline  
post #346 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 06:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JD23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSetterX View Post
Or the 940E to nothing to this X950G...

Yeah, I was really hoping for an improved version of the 930E/940E.
JD23 is offline  
post #347 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 08:20 PM
Senior Member
 
CraigSamuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by samovies10 View Post
I’m in the US of A and unfortunately Panasonic does not sell their TVs over here, as much as I’d like them to.

But yeah, as long as Vizio’s local dimming algorithm is good and their color processing is better than last year’s model, I’ll probably go with that one. If not, it seems I’ll have to wait another year before considering an upgrade to a bigger screen.
But, does Vizio (who I just realized is a competitor by reading this thread...seriously) have the dependability and support system that the big guys have, ie. Sony, Samsung, etc?
CraigSamuel is offline  
post #348 of 2598 Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 PM
Member
 
samovies10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSamuel View Post
But, does Vizio (who I just realized is a competitor by reading this thread...seriously) have the dependability and support system that the big guys have, ie. Sony, Samsung, etc?
Not sure tbh. I always buy a separate protection plan so I rely on that. That’s been convenient for me in the past.

Setup:
Spoiler!
samovies10 is offline  
post #349 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 04:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Astennu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimon.Zorg View Post
Sony sell OLED. Perfect black on LCD TVs is not in priority now
Their most expensive set's are still LCD you would expect them to at least put some effort in making it the best LCD out there. Otherwise they will lose customers to the likes of Samsung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
Yeah, I was really hoping for an improved version of the 930E/940E.
Same here. I love the contrast of my 940E
But i would like a bit better pixel response time and eARC.

For the rest i would like them to rollback the local dimming algo to the state it was in before DV patching black bars where more black back then. And i had less blooming.
Even better improve upon that and disable the black bars.

I would love to buy that one or one in 85". So i had high hopes for this set and the ZG9. But that ZG9 will probably be way to expensive for me.

HT Setup: Sony 75X940E - Denon X4400W 5.2.4: - SVS Ultra Bookshelf (Front) - SVS Ultra Center - SVS Prime Bookshelf (surround) - 4x Jamo S622 (Height) - Dual SVS PC2000 Sub's

Last edited by Astennu; 02-21-2019 at 04:28 AM.
Astennu is offline  
post #350 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 04:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennu View Post
Their most expensive set's are still LCD you would expect them to at least put some effort in making it the best LCD out there. Otherwise they will lose customers to the likes of Samsung.
Really, this is true
Dener Melo is offline  
post #351 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 298
These companies need their flagships to talk about but really, their money is made on the cost effective sets. When someone says that the new 950G competes with last year's flagship at 1/2 the price and beats the 900f at the same intro price, you can almost hear the cash drawer.

Here's the top sellers of last year.
1 Samsung UN65NU8000
2 TCL 55S517
3 Sony XBR-65X850F
4 Samsung UN55NU7100
5 Sony XBR-65X900F
6 LG 49UK6300PUE
7 LG OLED65C8PUA
8 TCL 40S305
9 Samsung Q65Q6FN
10 TCL 49S405
js950 is offline  
post #352 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 05:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
TrendSetterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by js950 View Post
When someone says that the new 950G competes with last year's flagship at 1/2 the price and beats the 900f at the same intro price, you can almost hear the cash drawer.
You also just described the 940E perfectly which also appears on paper to beat the 950G...

Theater: Sony 75x940E | Yamaha 3060 | DirecTv HR54 | ATV4K | MP 4K HDBaseT Extender | SVS PC2000 sub | 5.1 surround
Networking: ASUS RT-AC68U (wireless disabled) | Ubiquiti AmpliFi HD Mesh Wireless with wired back-hauls
Automation & Lighting: Control4 & Lutron Homeworks Interactive
TrendSetterX is offline  
post #353 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Except for motion, control speed, dispersion and price other than after it got discontinued. I could never own a 940E simply because of the extremely slow pixel response. Add the new Sony motion circuits and it's even clearer. That TV's intro year's fall price was about $4500. This 75" tv should be about $1500 less. It's being introduced $500 less than the 900f was. Seems like the Samsung/Sony TV war is heating up and we all benefit.

Last edited by js950; 02-21-2019 at 06:04 AM.
js950 is offline  
post #354 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,043
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked: 607
New Sony X95G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
According to whom? Compared to 2016 oleds, the 2018's have better burn in resistance (panels have seen a subpixel structure change), the peak brightness is higher, the motion and upscaling are a little better. I as well as people who have actual experience with 2016 oleds and now 2018 ones agree there are noticeable improvements.

Stop taking needless potshots at oled in a x950g thread. And sony's engineers are now concentrating on oleds as their 'premium picture quality tv's', that's just a fact and you can't change it.


Why would I take potshots at OLED, being that I have an A1E and a C8 at home? Just stating the facts my friend. OLED tech is virtually unchanged for the last 3 years, minor tweaks here and there aside.

What are the major changes that warrant a replacement A9G so soon after the release of the A9F?

Anyway, the point I was making is that Sony’s decision making on direction and upcoming model releases has been questionable as of late. This point was not specific to OLED either. Someone else had mentioned OLED and I was simply agreeing with their assessment.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro

Last edited by BRAC; 02-21-2019 at 07:46 AM.
BRAC is offline  
post #355 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 07:48 AM
Member
 
i_dream_of_japan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by samovies10 View Post
According to this review as well:

-DCI-P3 ~90%
-Obvious blooming
-Native contrast: ~4500:1
-HDR bright highlights peak somewhere between 1000 - 1200 nits
-Color is better than the 900F, but black level and local dimming is worse
-Viewing angles are better (no surprise there)

Overall, to me at least, this seems like a case of one step forward, two steps back like Z9F. The native contrast isn’t as low as the Z9F but it is lower than most VA panels. Also the fact that blooming is worse than the 900F is a deal breaker for me. Color seems to be better though, although Sony still doesn’t seem to be able to go beyond 95% of DCI-P3.. Viewing angles are better as well, but again, not worth it given the blooming, for me anyway.

Will wait for more reviews but it’s not looking good imo. If these elements stay true with the other reviews and Vizio improves their color processing for the Quantum X, I’ll probably just spring for that to hold me over until something better comes along, like a miniLED model. I almost want to consider a Samsung but the lack of Dolby Vision holds me back. I wish someone would come up with a DV -> HDR10+ converter. Then I’d consider it.

Yikes... I was *really* trying to hold out hope for the 950g, but couldn't resist an insane deal on a Q8fn. It doesn't seem like Sony resolved ANY of the issues I had which prevented me from buying an x900f over the Samsung!
i_dream_of_japan is offline  
post #356 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_dream_of_japan View Post
Yikes... I was *really* trying to hold out hope for the 950g, but couldn't resist an insane deal on a Q8fn. It doesn't seem like Sony resolved ANY of the issues I had which prevented me from buying an x900f over the Samsung!
Could you PM me this deal please?
gocubs418 is offline  
post #357 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_dream_of_japan View Post
Yikes... I was *really* trying to hold out hope for the 950g, but couldn't resist an insane deal on a Q8fn. It doesn't seem like Sony resolved ANY of the issues I had which prevented me from buying an x900f over the Samsung!
I might go for new Samsung q70r. Looks interesting at the same price point.
Tomek398 is offline  
post #358 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,566
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimon.Zorg View Post
I don't see any sense. Z9G will be flagship Sony LCD in 2019.

65Z9F has 104 dimming zones. X900F has 60 zones. If X950G has fewer numer of zones than Z9F and at the same price it's ridiculous.
From what I see, the 950G is going to replace the 900F. The pricing I have pretty much is in line with this theory as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samovies10 View Post
I’m in the US of A and unfortunately Panasonic does not sell their TVs over here, as much as I’d like them to.
They keep on saying yes every year but it never happens..... USA market is just so cut throat I bet that is why they do not.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #359 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Member
 
pppp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 18
pppp1 is offline  
post #360 of 2598 Old 02-21-2019, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 118
If I am reading this right, Sony isn't competing against the Q90R with the 950G, but rather, they use their master series to take on the Q90?

It seems like the 950G is more of less equivalent to the Q70?
gocubs418 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony 950g 85"

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off