2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1643Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4321 of 4444 Old 01-14-2020, 07:21 PM
Newbie
 
desilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Everyone, tonight they shipped me my brand new 55" 950G was amazed at the picture quality of this tv until i saw this.

What is this big blob of stuff at the bottom of my screen??

This definately going to be need replacing it looks like, but let me know what you guys think it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_204256.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	2670134  
desilla is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4322 of 4444 Old 01-14-2020, 07:43 PM
Member
 
Dellamorte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECoast2020 View Post
The 950G is running Android 9... It's the latest version there is.
Maybe they'll get to 10 by then? Idk what I meant. Sorry, but my brain is scrambled from all this.
Dellamorte13 is offline  
post #4323 of 4444 Old 01-14-2020, 08:25 PM
Member
 
DannyW75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by desilla View Post
Hey Everyone, tonight they shipped me my brand new 55" 950G was amazed at the picture quality of this tv until i saw this.

What is this big blob of stuff at the bottom of my screen??

This definately going to be need replacing it looks like, but let me know what you guys think it is.

Tap on it lightly with your finger, and see if it comes out. Most likely though, you will need a replacement TV. Just make sure that wherever you got it from gives you a new TV, and not an open box or refurbished. Many stores screw people around now, and will try and exchange a brand new and defective TV for an open box, or a refurbished one. This is totally unacceptable.
DannyW75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4324 of 4444 Old 01-14-2020, 09:22 PM
Member
 
mxsledder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by purduesd View Post
I am considering an 85" 950G vs an 82 QLED Q90R for my basement.

My basement is a 1400 sqft open room. 15' behind time he couch is a patio french door and some windows that face the tv (30+ feet away) No direct sunlight will come close at all to hitting the tv due to the north west facing glass. But i am concerned about reflections.

50/50 mix of movies/ sports (basketball and football). Most movies will be night time viewing but some sports mixed in in the day time. We will use the space a gathering spot for parties/ watching a game with lights on, etc.

I am particularly concerned with blooming and blooming into black bars on the 950G during nighttime movies.

Theres a $1000 price difference but that's not my primary driver. Immersion seems like a big deal. And 85 is much larger in person than 82. But at what cost. The 77C9 is too small for sure.
I’m in a similar boat and have another month to figure it out before the new house is done. All the research I have done points to the Q90 being a slightly better set but I’m a big Sony fan and you right about that extra 3” being noticeable. Hopefully we can get some good insight. One thing I haven’t heard specifically is how the motion compares on these two sets. There are several people on here unhappy with the 950G as far as motion but haven’t heard much about the Q90. I also watch lots of sports and motion is a very big deal.
mxsledder is offline  
post #4325 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 04:51 AM
Newbie
 
desilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyW75 View Post
Tap on it lightly with your finger, and see if it comes out. Most likely though, you will need a replacement TV. Just make sure that wherever you got it from gives you a new TV, and not an open box or refurbished. Many stores screw people around now, and will try and exchange a brand new and defective TV for an open box, or a refurbished one. This is totally unacceptable.
Hey Danny, thanks for the response. Did that no go, seems like some sort of defect inside the screen. Got it from Costco, so will give them a call this morning to see what the process is to exchange it. Picture quality is unbelievable out of the box though and am very happy with it.
desilla is offline  
post #4326 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 06:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 75x950G. Took a while to get the wife comfortable with the size, as our living room currently has a 55x900a. Looking forward to the size increase more than anything.

This is the family room tv, so it will mostly get used for streaming tv shows and watching football. Movies and games will remain in the basement, where I have a 138” screen and a Sony 675es that has served me well.

I’ll be mounting it on Saturday, and hoping to watch the games on a bigger screen this Sunday.
CollectedDust is offline  
post #4327 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
JMak00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectedDust View Post
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 75x950G. Took a while to get the wife comfortable with the size, as our living room currently has a 55x900a. Looking forward to the size increase more than anything.

This is the family room tv, so it will mostly get used for streaming tv shows and watching football. Movies and games will remain in the basement, where I have a 138” screen and a Sony 675es that has served me well.

I’ll be mounting it on Saturday, and hoping to watch the games on a bigger screen this Sunday.
Good for you. I just got the same TV on Monday and am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Easy to set up and watching out of the box was nearly perfect (really bright).

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
JMak00 is offline  
post #4328 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 08:31 AM
Senior Member
 
JMak00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm noticing when starting up the 950g that there's a green tint to the screen. I expect that screen to be uniformly black, but I don't know any better. My kids also notice this so it's not my eyes. Otherwise, the screen is black after startup, in between apps, etc. Anyone else see this green tint at startup?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
JMak00 is offline  
post #4329 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,224
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7023 Post(s)
Liked: 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergABQ View Post
How do the black levels compare to your OLED? I'm considering the 85" version to replace my defective A9G.
Not as good, go check out any size 950G at your local store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
Last post for a while (I know some of you are very happy about that).

It's going back today. After seeing so many people praise the bigger 75" & 85" sets with the X Wide Angle tech, I can't pass up the opportunity to try the 950H. I don't care about spending the extra money because, to me, it's worth it to have the 950G but with better viewing angles.
We will see how the H models test when they hit the states

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellamorte13 View Post
Two reps told me they should at least have them up until Fathers Day and that it shouldn't be too hard to get 950G if I need one. I mean, they have the 900F right now. I'd like to buy from a reputable dealer like Best Buy. I mean, there's always Amazon, right?
A reputable dealer does more then just sell you a product...... Ask these guys below what they think. After 10 months sure the dealer can not swap something for you or can they? Never the less they can email there manufacturer reps for support.....

---This guy bough from Amazon, out of his return window but still in warranty, dealer support from Amazon ?
<<<Click here>>>

---This guys TV should be swapped, LG is dropping the ball.......been 11 months since he bought from Dell, any help from the dealer ?
<<<Click here>>>

---This guys TV should be swapped, or getting dealer support as LG is dropping the ball.......bought from Amazon, any help from the dealer ? 
<<<Click Here>>>

Last edited by Cleveland Plasma; 01-15-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #4330 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just pulled the trigger on the 75" and I am already having buying remorse before even receiving it. I would love the 85" 950 but I just couldn't justify the extra $2k for it, basically double the price of the 75". I can still change my mind as Best Buy hasn't delivered it yet. Can someone convince me either to stay with the 75" or go large and just say to hell with the extra cost? I just need a nudge either way (to keep the 75" or go 85"). I am coming from a 60" Pioneer Kuro and have loved watching this tv for the past 10 years. I sit 14" away from the screen. Thanks guys.
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4331 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 10:22 AM
Senior Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus330I View Post
I just pulled the trigger on the 75" and I am already having buying remorse before even receiving it. I would love the 85" 950 but I just couldn't justify the extra $2k for it, basically double the price of the 75". I can still change my mind as Best Buy hasn't delivered it yet. Can someone convince me either to stay with the 75" or go large and just say to hell with the extra cost? I just need a nudge either way (to keep the 75" or go 85"). I am coming from a 60" Pioneer Kuro and have loved watching this tv for the past 10 years. I sit 14" away from the screen. Thanks guys.
Don’t do it. 10” is not worth the extra 2k. Tbh, It would make more sense to get another 75”.
Maximus330I and Dellamorte13 like this.
allencc3 is offline  
post #4332 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post
Don’t do it. 10” is not worth the extra 2k. Tbh, It would make more sense to get another 75”.
Yes, the main reason I couldn't justify the price is due to the fact that you can buy 2 of the 75" panels for the price of a single 85".
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4333 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,204
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus330I View Post
I just pulled the trigger on the 75" and I am already having buying remorse before even receiving it. I would love the 85" 950 but I just couldn't justify the extra $2k for it, basically double the price of the 75". I can still change my mind as Best Buy hasn't delivered it yet. Can someone convince me either to stay with the 75" or go large and just say to hell with the extra cost? I just need a nudge either way (to keep the 75" or go 85"). I am coming from a 60" Pioneer Kuro and have loved watching this tv for the past 10 years. I sit 14" away from the screen. Thanks guys.
Well, that would be a tough question to answer since we don't know your circumstances. How deep are your pockets? Will getting the 85" keep food from the table? Is the extra 10" of real estate be appreciated by you or your family? My sister upgraded from a 70" to the 85". Many loved the size increase. Some people were just meh. I can only tell you if it were me, I would spring for the 85". I went from a 70" to a 75" and the size was already apparently noticeable. I am also ~14' from the TV. I'm hoping in the next year or two that an affordable (to me) 100" TV will be available so I can get one for my theater room.
Maximus330I and dwaleke like this.
duc135 is online now  
post #4334 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I can't believe I do not own a single smart tv or a 4k one. I suppose I really didn't think about it as I still enjoy my Pioneer Kuro. But it's time now as I just cut the cord from Directv and added Youtube tv. Lol the main reason I cut the cord was to save some money and now I am spending a ton more on upgrading my electronics. That reminds me, I also need a new 4k dvd player! LOL it never ends.
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4335 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,204
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 447
I also have a Pioneer Kuro but can tell you, for my viewing content, it can't hold a candle against the 950G. Namely 4K content. I can't wait to find a 100" 4K/8K TV to replace it for the theater room. I'm currently using a cheap, temporary 100" 1080P projector setup in there for now. It's a rare occasion that the Kuro is powered on.
duc135 is online now  
post #4336 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
I also have a Pioneer Kuro but can tell you, for my viewing content, it can't hold a candle against the 950G. Namely 4K content. I can't wait to find a 100" 4K/8K TV to replace it for the theater room. I'm currently using a cheap, temporary 100" 1080P projector setup in there for now. It's a rare occasion that the Kuro is powered on.
Which Sony tv do you currently have? I also have a Sony 45es projector projecting on a 106" Da Lite Highpower but I don't use it much. I just like the simplicity of using the tv.
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4337 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,204
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus330I View Post
Which Sony tv do you currently have? I also have a Sony 45es projector projecting on a 106" Da Lite Highpower but I don't use it much. I just like the simplicity of using the tv.
As I mentioned, I have the Kuro in my theater room sitting unused behind a 100" Elite Screens SRM Pro and Epson 2150 projector. In my bedroom I have a 75" Z9D and my sister has the 85" 950G. I'm over there at least once or twice a week for family dinners so I have fairly decent exposure to the 85" 950G.
duc135 is online now  
post #4338 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
As I mentioned, I have the Kuro in my theater room sitting unused behind a 100" Elite Screens SRM Pro and Epson 2150 projector. In my bedroom I have a 75" Z9D and my sister has the 85" 950G. I'm over there at least once or twice a week for family dinners so I have fairly decent exposure to the 85" 950G.
Ahh gotcha. Do you feel that the 85" provides a much greater tv watching experience than your 75'?
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4339 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,204
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Hard to say really. Different viewing distances. I'm about 20' away from the 85" vs. 14" away from the 75". The 85" is in a well lit den vs. the 75" in a dark bedroom. I would have to say, the 75" looks better for movie viewing since the environment is more conducive to it. The viewing distance makes huge difference. I don't think the extra 10" is enough to overcome the 6' longer distance than from the 75". Under the same conditions, I would probably choose the 950G over the Z9D since the subjective PQ is close enough to me. Hard to compare since the time between I view the two set is hours if not days/weeks in between.
Maximus330I likes this.
duc135 is online now  
post #4340 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks Duc. I suppose I can always return the 75" and spring for the 85" if I feel that it isn't much of an upgrade from my 60" Kuro. I get 45 days to "audition" the tv so I think I will stick with the original plan.
PeeJHooK likes this.
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4341 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: just north of Atlanta
Posts: 1,235
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Use this link to compare screen sizes, it's for front projection but works with tvs as well. I used it to justify an 85" X900F over a 100" front projector. An 85" is way bigger than a 75". The single most regretted tv buying decision is not buying the biggest screen you can. I used Best Buy's 24 month no interest and I still sometimes wished I'd have went projection.

https://www.projectorscreen.com/proj...en-calculators
mylan is online now  
post #4342 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,204
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Oh, 75" from your 60" Kuro will DEFINITELY be a noticeable upgrade. If not in PQ, the shear size will be evident. PQ is mostly subjective so I will rarely tell anyone one TV will look better than another. My wife prefers watching her shows on the washed out (because lights are on) projector over watching them on the Kuro. That's how much size matters to her. Unfortunate for me on so many levels I know.
duc135 is online now  
post #4343 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
Oh, 75" from your 60" Kuro will DEFINITELY be a noticeable upgrade. If not in PQ, the shear size will be evident. PQ is mostly subjective so I will rarely tell anyone one TV will look better than another. My wife prefers watching her shows on the washed out (because lights are on) projector over watching them on the Kuro. That's how much size matters to her. Unfortunate for me on so many levels I know.
Gotcha! Thanks so much for all your help. Much appreciated!
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4344 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Maximus330I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Use this link to compare screen sizes, it's for front projection but works with tvs as well. I used it to justify an 85" X900F over a 100" front projector. An 85" is way bigger than a 75". The single most regretted tv buying decision is not buying the biggest screen you can. I used Best Buy's 24 month no interest and I still sometimes wished I'd have went projection.

https://www.projectorscreen.com/proj...en-calculators
Wow, awesome link! Thank you! It really puts into perspective how much larger a 85" is compared to a 60" screen.
Maximus330I is offline  
post #4345 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 01:47 PM
Member
 
TheDuke1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Hi,
I'm having a problem and need some help watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube etc using the Sony apps.
I'm not getting audio from the TV to the AVR but if I select the TV Speakers it works fine.
I have the TV connected to the AVR via HDMI TV/eARC to AVR/ARC. No other connection.
I've checked the TV's settings and can't find anything and I've checked the AVR (Marantz 5011) and can't find anything wrong.
I'm sure it was working when I set up the TV last month when I bought it so I'm at a loss and hoping for some help.

I watch TV via cable box and all is fine.
I watch movies via a BD player and also use a Zidoo media player...all work fine.
It's just when I watch a show via the TV's apps so I'm thinking the audio signal is not being sent to the AVR.
Help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Did you update to Android 9 Pie? My eARC stopped working on mine after I updated. Contacted Sony they say do a factory reset which I think is prob not going to work. I would recommend people to not update if they use eARC.
TheDuke1980 is offline  
post #4346 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 02:20 PM
Member
 
skyform's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMak00 View Post
I'm noticing when starting up the 950g that there's a green tint to the screen. I expect that screen to be uniformly black, but I don't know any better. My kids also notice this so it's not my eyes. Otherwise, the screen is black after startup, in between apps, etc. Anyone else see this green tint at startup?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Do you mean in android? I noticed this aswell when I first got the TV, android has a bit green tint to it yes.
skyform is offline  
post #4347 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
JMak00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyform View Post
Do you mean in android? I noticed this aswell when I first got the TV, android has a bit green tint to it yes.
Yeah, in Android. Thanks for confirming. Appears to be intentional.
JMak00 is offline  
post #4348 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Senior Member
 
JMak00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Man, watching this 75X950G with a huge window directly behind my viewing position...when the tv is off, massive reflection; but when watching a movie, the reflection just kind of goes unnoticed. It's there if I intentionally look for it, but otherwise, I don't even notice it.
JMak00 is offline  
post #4349 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 02:32 PM
Member
 
TheDuke1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
What blu ray player are you using. The blu ray player may be the culprit. I have a Panasonic UB820 and there is a setting that forces 24fps playpack and I turn that off. You might have a similar setting on yours. Look for a film mode or something that relates to 24p content. My friends 75 900f has beautiful motion handling...
Aren't almost all blu ray disc 24fps? Or are you talking about using it for apps? What settings do you use on your Panasonic UB820? I just got one and have messed with the HDR optimization feature a little but haven't really tested the diff settings out yet.
TheDuke1980 is offline  
post #4350 of 4444 Old 01-15-2020, 02:34 PM
Member
 
invisabiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus330I View Post
I just pulled the trigger on the 75" and I am already having buying remorse before even receiving it. I would love the 85" 950 but I just couldn't justify the extra $2k for it, basically double the price of the 75". I can still change my mind as Best Buy hasn't delivered it yet. Can someone convince me either to stay with the 75" or go large and just say to hell with the extra cost? I just need a nudge either way (to keep the 75" or go 85"). I am coming from a 60" Pioneer Kuro and have loved watching this tv for the past 10 years. I sit 14" away from the screen. Thanks guys.
I sit 9' from my 85" and love it. i had a 75" 900f that i bough less than two years ago and the difference is worth it. just get the 85" or you will be like me and wish you did and it will cost less to buy the 85" now. the 85" seem like your at the movie theater ever day the 75" not so much.
invisabiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony 950g 85"

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off