2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2398Likes

post #4531 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Built-in Work Fine here , other 85" 950G comments

I have had an 85" since August, I don't use the Apps a lot but do once in a while. Used them to test the Netflix mode settings, not a whole lot different than the Same shows watched via the Apple TV 4k. I have had maybe one YouTube lockup , that is only ONE , of the TV Apps that is actually the one I use the most, It does 4k and HDR unlike the Apple TV Youtube app. I DONOT use YouTube TV, that may be your issue. I use a mesh network as well and no issues using the WiFi, also have cat6 cable pulled to the TV but the ethernet port is only 100 Mbit , the wifi is actually faster. I also use the iMax App ( forget the name) once in a while, by the way Sony gives you 3 iMax movies just for registering the TV. Not a huge choice but I found 3 I did not have. They also look amazing and the iMax sound is also very nice. You will need an eARC & iMax compatible AVR to get the iMax sound by the way.

As to eARC, I see a few comments about it not working with this TV, Again it has been perfect for me, BUT with a new eARC compatible AVR. That may be the key for people having eARC issues, only the newest AVR's seem to accept a true eARC stream. I have read that older AVR's can get sound out of the TV's eARC just not the higher bitrate audio like Atmos. The apple TV has pretty good sound as well, Netflix and the iTunes movies all push out Atmos sound which is amazing even on my 7.1 system. The Apple TV is Using HDMI connected directly to the TV as it can really put a strain on the cable doing 4K HDR and Atmos sound, so I did not want to push the video through the AVR with even more cables. With this kind of setup YOU must use eACR back to the AVR to get Atmos, but again works extremely well and there is a lot of it from Netflix and iTunes movies.

So I have also been reading here for months and I guess I have to comment on the Video as well. As a point of reference I also have Sony 55" 930E from 2 years ago. Rated one of the BEST LCD TV of 2017. It is truly a great tv, we use it as our every day tv. It was my intro to HDR and WOW, easily the best video picture I have ever seen. So when I wanted and larger screen fo the basement media room I was all over the 85" 950G. Word was they were similar to the 930e and 940e. AlL I can say is I was not disappointed in the least. I watch in the dark most of the time 9.5 to 10.5 from the screen and the black levels are amazing. What little blooming I see is not the least bit of a problem. Color is very accurate , all sources OPPO Blue ray , Sony UHD 800 mkII BR, Apple TV4K look great and even Over the Air TV HDTV is great. It took some time to dial it in as every input needs to be done separately but this set just amazes me every time I watch it. The HDR stuff is what really sets this TV apart from the older TV's we all had for the last 5 to 10 years. I watch mostly movies, Netflix, iTunes movies, Prime and a little football Over the Air. Very little, as my team the NY Giants had yet another very bad year.

This was long BUT i wanted to give a positive review as there seems to be so many comments about problems. Maybe I just got lucky in the panel lottery.
Scarriere likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4532 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobt View Post
I have had an 85" since August, I don't use the Apps a lot but do once in a while. Used them to test the Netflix mode settings, not a whole lot different than the Same shows watched via the Apple TV 4k. I have had maybe one YouTube lockup , that is only ONE , of the TV Apps that is actually the one I use the most, It does 4k and HDR unlike the Apple TV Youtube app. I DONOT use YouTube TV, that may be your issue. I use a mesh network as well and no issues using the WiFi, also have cat6 cable pulled to the TV but the ethernet port is only 100 Mbit , the wifi is actually faster. I also use the iMax App ( forget the name) once in a while, by the way Sony gives you 3 iMax movies just for registering the TV. Not a huge choice but I found 3 I did not have. They also look amazing and the iMax sound is also very nice. You will need an eARC & iMax compatible AVR to get the iMax sound by the way.

As to eARC, I see a few comments about it not working with this TV, Again it has been perfect for me, BUT with a new eARC compatible AVR. That may be the key for people having eARC issues, only the newest AVR's seem to accept a true eARC stream. I have read that older AVR's can get sound out of the TV's eARC just not the higher bitrate audio like Atmos. The apple TV has pretty good sound as well, Netflix and the iTunes movies all push out Atmos sound which is amazing even on my 7.1 system. The Apple TV is Using HDMI connected directly to the TV as it can really put a strain on the cable doing 4K HDR and Atmos sound, so I did not want to push the video through the AVR with even more cables. With this kind of setup YOU must use eACR back to the AVR to get Atmos, but again works extremely well and there is a lot of it from Netflix and iTunes movies.

So I have also been reading here for months and I guess I have to comment on the Video as well. As a point of reference I also have Sony 55" 930E from 2 years ago. Rated one of the BEST LCD TV of 2017. It is truly a great tv, we use it as our every day tv. It was my intro to HDR and WOW, easily the best video picture I have ever seen. So when I wanted and larger screen fo the basement media room I was all over the 85" 950G. Word was they were similar to the 930e and 940e. AlL I can say is I was not disappointed in the least. I watch in the dark most of the time 9.5 to 10.5 from the screen and the black levels are amazing. What little blooming I see is not the least bit of a problem. Color is very accurate , all sources OPPO Blue ray , Sony UHD 800 mkII BR, Apple TV4K look great and even Over the Air TV HDTV is great. It took some time to dial it in as every input needs to be done separately but this set just amazes me every time I watch it. The HDR stuff is what really sets this TV apart from the older TV's we all had for the last 5 to 10 years. I watch mostly movies, Netflix, iTunes movies, Prime and a little football Over the Air. Very little, as my team the NY Giants had yet another very bad year.

This was long BUT i wanted to give a positive review as there seems to be so many comments about problems. Maybe I just got lucky in the panel lottery.
In my case I have the Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar, it is eARC compatible. Premium certified hdmi cable etc. Something is wrong with the software

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #4533 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Sony gives you 3 iMax movies just for registering the TV. Not a huge choice but I found 3 I did not have. They also look amazing and the iMax sound is also very nice. You will need an eARC & iMax compatible AVR to get the iMax sound by the way.

Where do you register?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4534 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post
This should be an easy question for 950G owners ! Thanks in advance...a friend just bought the 85” 950G and had BB Geek Squad install. “Mind-numbingly,” he turns out to be a ‘plug-n-play’ kinda guy with little interest in “tweaking” on his own ! Plugged it in right out of the box, and is “afraid to ‘mess’ with it.” Admittedly, it looks darn good, but on the bright side.
So QUESTION: Should it be assumed that his panel came out of the box on “Vivid”??
i.e. did yours come out of the box in that
“Vivid” mode ? If he likes it on the bright side, I figure I can do setting on what?, maybe on Custom...DOLBY Vision Bright or ?
Amazing that a few people are paranoid about touching ANY settings, even though they can “reset” in one touch.
Thanks for advice on the factory setting.

I have the same model. Not sure what it was set to, but it was way way way too bright. I lowered brightness down to 10. Also changed to Cinema mode. Much better.

CC
post #4535 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke1980 View Post
That sucks. eARC hasn't worked since I updated mine. Was hoping the newer version update might fix it. Did you try factory reset?
I have not tested eARC with the latest update. I did have a UHD player attached to TV on the previous Pie 9 update and it worked. It is now connected to AVR. Audio passthough is a different story. Its hard to explain

Turn passthrough on (auto). Start Netflix with Atmos movie and it works fine.
Change to different app such as PLEX to watch OTA TV on DD It might work - if it doesn't.....
Denon AVR goes bonkers with rapidly flickering signal and sound is a stuttering mess to match.

Turn passthrough off and it is OK again. The TV will convert DD to DD+ with OTA. Id rather have passthrough and any audio untouched.
post #4536 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I have had an 85" since August, I don't use the Apps a lot but do once in a while.
Maybe I just got lucky in the panel lottery.
Well there you go. You said it yourself that you dont use the apps often, and yet you came up with a 3 page conclusion that the TV works fine for you, along with a theory of yours that it must be a lucky panel lottery. Well done buddy.
post #4537 of 6722 Old 01-27-2020, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
Where do you register?
I just registered my 950g last night - no free movies.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
post #4538 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
I have the 75x950g. Apple TV connected to TV via HDMI. eARC on the TV connected to ARC (pre eARC) on older Yamaha receiver RX-A3050. I get Atmos and 4K HDR without issue.
post #4539 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Just scheduled Best Buy to come pick up the 75” and drop off a 65”. But, there are too many good tv to choose from. LG C9 65” is same price as the 950g that I am returning. Q80 65” is very tempting as well. But I guess I will stick to what I know best. I will let you all know which 950g is best, 55”, 65”, or 75”. I liked the 75” due to x-wide but hate the contrast hit. There was also less blooming from all angle but it could be due to bigger screen with bigger dimming zones. All I can say is that blooming was less noticeable than the 55”. The contrast on the 75” is very poor compared to the 55”. Darks scenes look horrid. Af first, I thought the black levels were good, but after more viewing, it’s trash. Seems like you will have to raise gamma in order to get a good picture for dark scenes. BFI also bad in dark scenes, motion seems better when it is turned off. If the H models have the same super low contrast, Sony has flopped again. Keep this in mind though, I am kind of close to the 75” so I can see every flaw. Would probably be better if I was farther away. This is why I am getting the 65”. Gaming was actually making me dizzy since I can’t sit back far enough. If Samsung gets brighter this year and eliminates black crush, they win in 2020. Time will tell.
Dellamorte13 likes this.
post #4540 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 08:00 AM

Movie Offer from Sony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMak00 View Post
I just registered my 950g last night - no free movies.

if you go to the Home screen and find the row called Sony Select there is App called "Bonus Offers" when you open it you are offered 4 items, one of them is the iMAX movie offer. You have to sign up and register the TV, maybe not if you have already registered. They are all SONY movies, which is understandable . You also have to download the "Privilege 4K" (horrible name) app to be able to view the movies. I am in the USA so it may only be for US customers , but I have NO knowledge that that is true.
JMak00 likes this.
post #4541 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Bobt, Thanks for the feedback. My TV guys will be here this afternoon gathering information requested by Sony. They are a smaller local company which in general is what I prefer (having a relationship with the seller and help when needed). The downside to the smaller companies is they cannot afford to "eat" a TV returned the same way Best Buy can. So now we are working through things with Sony. Will see where that goes.

One quote I did hear from Sony that was less than stellar was "Sony does not write the apps so that is not their problem". That was HEAVILY paraphrased so not trashing of Sony. I of course would disagree with that. But that is another conversation.

I did not like the colors out of the box. My main hobby is photography so am used to a color calibrated display. I do not need perfection from my TVs nor am I pixel peeping flaws. That isn't how I watch TV. But when yellow goal posts in a football game are blaring so bright you need sunglasses, and when the green grass on the right half of the screen looks lime/yellow-green, I can see that. I ended up desaturing ( -6)the yellow to make this less an issue. In contract, our 900F in bedroom and A8G in family room needed very minor tweaks and the colors look good. I suspect there is something amiss with this panel. Otherwise I would have it color calibrated, etc.

The Roku 4K stick thus far has never had a screen freeze on any channel. Network speeds appear to be fast. I have not yet had a chance to try hard wired ethernet (would need a 50 foot run of Cat 6) but really do not suspect the internet/wifi.

I appreciate the feedback everyone here has provided. It helps. If this were a widespread problem with bad apps or with bad Sonys I feel certain it will be posted everywhere. It could just be we got abad set. It happens. Will see where Sony goes with this. thus far they are moving slowly. In the big scheme of things, the world will keep turning Thx John

Quote:

post #4542 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 08:21 AM

eARC

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadragon View Post
I have the 75x950g. Apple TV connected to TV via HDMI. eARC on the TV connected to ARC (pre eARC) on older Yamaha receiver RX-A3050. I get Atmos and 4K HDR without issue.
That is great to hear !

I hate it when small but important stuff (new features) show up in new electronics that then require you to buy more new equipment to use them. My setup is all new equipment and I purchased specific items to use eARC and it always has worked for me. Most people would not want to do that if they already have existing equipment , I get it. In my case it was good timing as I was setting up a media room from scratch thus all new equipment. Like a lot of new stuff there have been some issues with eARC working with older equipment , see the Audio forums for some examples. By the way I am not suggesting that the 950G has a perfect eARC implementation , I was just happy it showed up at all in the 950G since it is really a HDMI 2.1 spec item or seems to be sold that way.
post #4543 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7645 Post(s)
Liked: 7709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsooki79 View Post
Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone has 85" 950g and how you feel about it and if its worth the price over the 75". Any feedback would be appreciated.
When looking at 2 TV's that are the same model, always buy the bigger set when in this delema. Within 1-12 months you will buy the bigger set anyway, as you will always have the bigger set on your mind. Then at that point you have to dump the smaller set for a loss. Cheaper to buy the bigger set first !
Craigslue, Scarriere and LDBetaGuy like this.
post #4544 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
When looking at 2 TV's that are the same model, always buy the bigger set when in this delema. Within 1-12 months you will buy the bigger set anyway, as you will always have the bigger set on your mind. Then at that point you have to dump the smaller set for a loss. Cheaper to buy the bigger set first !

Just make sure the bigger set can go down the stairs to the basement where you want to hang it. Made it but it was dicey.
Scarriere likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #4545 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Actually I wanted ask about the 75z9f to 85 950G. Which one get?
post #4546 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by allencc3 View Post
Just scheduled Best Buy to come pick up the 75” and drop off a 65”. But, there are too many good tv to choose from. LG C9 65” is same price as the 950g that I am returning. Q80 65” is very tempting as well. But I guess I will stick to what I know best. I will let you all know which 950g is best, 55”, 65”, or 75”. I liked the 75” due to x-wide but hate the contrast hit. There was also less blooming from all angle but it could be due to bigger screen with bigger dimming zones. All I can say is that blooming was less noticeable than the 55”. The contrast on the 75” is very poor compared to the 55”. Darks scenes look horrid. Af first, I thought the black levels were good, but after more viewing, it’s trash. Seems like you will have to raise gamma in order to get a good picture for dark scenes. BFI also bad in dark scenes, motion seems better when it is turned off. If the H models have the same super low contrast, Sony has flopped again. Keep this in mind though, I am kind of close to the 75” so I can see every flaw. Would probably be better if I was farther away. This is why I am getting the 65”. Gaming was actually making me dizzy since I can’t sit back far enough. If Samsung gets brighter this year and eliminates black crush, they win in 2020. Time will tell.

When you mentioned your viewing distance, I said the 65 would be the best size. It turns out I was right about that. I think you mentioned you were 7 feet away ? I use my 55 as a PC monitor, and I sit 6 feet away. At one point, I tried moving my recliner forward and trying to game on it at 4 feet. It was just not possible. I could not even aim properly being that close.
post #4547 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyW75 View Post
When you mentioned your viewing distance, I said the 65 would be the best size. It turns out I was right about that. I think you mentioned you were 7 feet away ? I use my 55 as a PC monitor, and I sit 6 feet away. At one point, I tried moving my recliner forward and trying to game on it at 4 feet. It was just not possible. I could not even aim properly being that close.
You were def. right. If I were no gamer, it would be okay. Movies look fine and I feel like I am at the movie theatre. Problem is that I can see all of the imperfections of all media. Gaming is the worst. Can't wait for the 65" to arrive.
post #4548 of 6722 Old 01-28-2020, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all, I have what I think may be an easy question...I think.

So I have the 75" X950G and I am wondering about IMAX Enhanced. Now, I have read the thread about the Privilege 4K app which I have.

My question is regarding UHD Blu-rays. Using Zombieland Double Tap as an example, how would I know if I am getting the 'enhanced' picture? I know I am getting the best sound cause my new Marantz receiver says DTS:X and IMAX when I play the disc.

My UHD player is a Sony X800-M2. The video is coming out separate from the audio. I am using a cable the is 18 Gbps certified and experiencing no lag or banding issues. I just don't know if I am getting the IMAX experience. Every UHD movie look friggin great on this TV so I can't complain I suppose.

Notes: Dolby Vision is off in the player setup when playing this movie as it is not encoded as Dolby Vision. Other movies are advertising IMAX as well e.g. using FandangoNow and Terminator Dark Fate (which I own on UHD Blu-ray).

If I select Dolby Vision, then my TV shows Dolby Vision. Would I turn off Dolby Vision as it is a competing format/codec to IMAX?

My player is direct connected via HDMI to the TV, so no receiver video switching.

Thanks to anyone for your thoughts on this.

Last edited by busht4169; 01-28-2020 at 07:03 PM.
post #4549 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I bought a 55 inch X950G yesterday and have a question about HDR. Is there a display on the screen that will show that the TV is receiving a HDR/DV/HLG signal? Documentation on the menu options, etc. seems a little sparse and I haven't been able to find out how to do this. I did try several HDR Netflix shows from a FireStick 4K and am impressed with the picture quality, meaning I can tell by looking at the picture that it's HDR, but is there a display option to verify this? Thank you in advance for all replies.
post #4550 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT01 View Post
I bought a 55 inch X950G yesterday and have a question about HDR. Is there a display on the screen that will show that the TV is receiving a HDR/DV/HLG signal? Documentation on the menu options, etc. seems a little sparse and I haven't been able to find out how to do this. I did try several HDR Netflix shows from a FireStick 4K and am impressed with the picture quality, meaning I can tell by looking at the picture that it's HDR, but is there a display option to verify this? Thank you in advance for all replies.
When HDR content including Dolby Vision are received there are 2 ways to tell. 1. In the picture menu you will see in the upper right-hand corner and 'HDR' icon. This only appears when HDR is received.
2. If you hit the 'settings' button on your remote, the brightness will be 'MAX' no matter what your previous defaults are. HDR auto maxes out the brightness.
post #4551 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busht4169 View Post
Hey all, I have what I think may be an easy question...I think.

So I have the 75" X950G and I am wondering about IMAX Enhanced. Now, I have read the thread about the Privilege 4K app which I have.

My question is regarding UHD Blu-rays. Using Zombieland Double Tap as an example, how would I know if I am getting the 'enhanced' picture? I know I am getting the best sound cause my new Marantz receiver says DTS:X and IMAX when I play the disc.

My UHD player is a Sony X800-M2. The video is coming out separate from the audio. I am using a cable the is 18 Gbps certified and experiencing no lag or banding issues. I just don't know if I am getting the IMAX experience. Every UHD movie look friggin great on this TV so I can't complain I suppose.

Notes: Dolby Vision is off in the player setup when playing this movie as it is not encoded as Dolby Vision. Other movies are advertising IMAX as well e.g. using FandangoNow and Terminator Dark Fate (which I own on UHD Blu-ray).

If I select Dolby Vision, then my TV shows Dolby Vision. Would I turn off Dolby Vision as it is a competing format/codec to IMAX?

My player is direct connected via HDMI to the TV, so no receiver video switching.

Thanks to anyone for your thoughts on this.

BUMP on this please.
post #4552 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT01 View Post
I don't get or at least have not noticed the HDR flag displaying as the other poster indicated.

On the 4k Firestick, when viewing HDR content via Amazon Prime Video, the information bar on the bottom will display "HDR".

post #4553 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I don't get or at least have not noticed the HDR flag displaying as the other poster indicated.

On the 4k Firestick, when viewing HDR content via Amazon Prime Video, the information bar on the bottom will display "HDR".

I have a Firestick as well, but when HDR content is displayed, my TV (75" X950G) also indicates as I stated earlier.
No harm no foul. But I assume it should be the same for all sizes.
post #4554 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Using the TV remote there is button (last row) called Display , this will indicate if he device is sending Dolby Vision as well as other info. If it is just HDR you need to use the settings button and there will be an HDR flag on the menu. The 950 G does not pop up a flag on the screen as older Sony tv’s do, my 930E shows the pop up for a second on Receiving a DV signature. The screen pop up is not on my 85” Other sizes I am not sure. There is also another issue with indicating HDR and DV for what ever reason pressing the display button when you are viewing the Home screen or any built in app will show nothing, it does not work when the tv is using built in apps. The setting menu method does work in the mode.
post #4555 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 02:03 PM

Just updated tv to the newest version of Android 9 via USB. Didn't fix the eARC not working. Factory reset also didn't fix it. I've checked every setting I can think of. HDMI enhanced is turned on, eARC on auto, audio pass through on auto. Digital audio out is on Auto1. I've contacted Sony, they weren't much help said to factory reset. Contacted Sennheiser as well but no fix. If anyone figures this out please let me know.
PeeJHooK likes this.
post #4556 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Just updated tv to the newest version of Android 9 via USB. Didn't fix the eARC not working. Factory reset also didn't fix it. I've checked every setting I can think of. HDMI enhanced is turned on, eARC on auto, audio pass through on auto. Digital audio out is on Auto1. I've contacted Sony, they weren't much help said to factory reset. Contacted Sennheiser as well but no fix. If anyone figures this out please let me know.
When I first tried out the iMax video stuff I had issues with the iMax sound being recognized by my iMax enabled AVR. I went looking on the Sony web site and along with all the stuff you did it also mentioned what seems strange but the document said also turn off System sounds. Those that make the beep as you move from app icon to the next. Well that did it for me, as soon as I did that the receiver went into iMax mode. Just something else to try....
post #4557 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
When I first tried out the iMax video stuff I had issues with the iMax sound being recognized by my iMax enabled AVR. I went looking on the Sony web site and along with all the stuff you did it also mentioned what seems strange but the document said also turn off System sounds. Those that make the beep as you move from app icon to the next. Well that did it for me, as soon as I did that the receiver went into iMax mode. Just something else to try....
Thanks, I tried it but no luck

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #4558 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Thank you for sharing that even a factory reset did not fix it. I have been very tempted to try that, but was hesitant to because it would wipe out my professional calibration that I paid for.

Right now, the best fix for me so far, is to turn off the google home mic, and to turn off eARC. It still does not solve the sound issues with the bulit-in app, but it does minimize it for external sources.
TheDuke1980 likes this.

LG OLED55C7P | Sony 75X950G | LG UP970 | Apple TV 4K | Pioneer VSX-1121
post #4559 of 6722 Old 01-29-2020, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had trouble with earc on my 950g 85" a hard reset didn't fix it but i tried something that worked and anyone with audio trouble could at least give it a try. change audio out settings to earc off dolby digital + off and then do a hard reset by holding the power button. after restart set the settings back and that fixed mine.
PeeJHooK likes this.
post #4560 of 6722 Old 01-30-2020, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 33
So, it looks like some folks can stream the Super Bowl in upconverted 4K UHD HDR this year. I've read some reports you can get this stream through the Fox Sports app on Android TV, but according to this FAQ, only Rokus and Fire TVs will get it: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/super-bowl-2020#sb-faqs

Anybody have any insight into whether we can get this feed on our X950Gs with the Fox Sports app or by some other means? I do NOT subscribe to cable or satellite.

And yes, I'm aware upconverted 4K isn't going to look as good as raw 4K.

EDIT: I DO subscribe to YouTube TV, so I will have access to the regular HD broadcast.

Last edited by DaveMN; 01-30-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
dolby atmos , sony 950g 85" , x95g

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page