2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1001Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #931 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WOLVERNOLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DUMFRIES, VA USA
Posts: 2,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Exclamation Ugh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dener Melo View Post
I just got news from Rtings.com via facebook. Compared with the X905F, the new model (X95G) features:

1 - has a higher brightness ratio than the previous model
2 - on the other hand, the contrast is slightly lower

PS: they are using the 55 "model for testing, so the review is only valid for the 55 and 65"
So that indicates to me that it is "approximately" in the contrast neighborhood with the Sony Z9F, which was shown to be inferior on contrast to the lesser-priced 900-F. "Wrong direction," Sony !
WOLVERNOLE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #932 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 38
55 X95G will be very similar to x900f in terms of PQ
Tomek398 is offline  
post #933 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
JoelArt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Such a shame I would prefer to pick up a Sony vs a Samsung but it looks like I have no choice.
I mean sure I would have preferred no blooming but it really isn't so bad in reality but Samsung have a slew of issues I really can't stand. On of them is that they do their ****ty 120hz PWM backlight flicker in all modes (movie mode 480hz). This leads to image duplication in all content that have lower than 120fps. Also high contrast edges flicker A LOT, especially in low 30fps content. This is absolutely baffling as they really push for a lot of good features for gaming, yet it's the worst TV I've gamed on regarding motion. Their TV's only do well when in movie mode and you enable motion interpolation but it's not meant for gaming, their gaming interpolation feature on the other hand creates so many artifacts around edges I had to turned it off and it introduced another 8ms of lag as well. It doesn't sound like much but it ends up in total about 28-32ms and that is to much for me.

Edit: Also I should say that while X-wide affects contrast it does wonders for image quality in many other areas. And most people vocally complaining on the forums haven't actually seen or used the TV them selves, just regurgitating what the reviewers say, while in reality it's not so bad. If you are into gaming this TV is wonderful. If you mainly is a dark room letterbox HDR movie buff then by all means go with Samsung.
Cuthalu and srkmish like this.

Last edited by JoelArt; 03-08-2019 at 01:43 PM.
JoelArt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #934 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 01:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelArt View Post
On of them is that they do their ****ty 120hz PWM backlight flicker in all modes (movie mode 480hz)
This is one of main reasons why I bought Sony
WOLVERNOLE, JoelArt and srkmish like this.
Tomek398 is offline  
post #935 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,578
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6684 Post(s)
Liked: 6680
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #936 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 14
New German revision.
Another one that goes against the two Chinese reviews and a French one that points out the great level of black, brightness and color precision of the TV.

Beyond the audio and the fast Android 8.0


https://www.computerbild.de/videos/a...-23107955.html
Dener Melo is offline  
post #937 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post
So that indicates to me that it is "approximately" in the contrast neighborhood with the Sony Z9F, which was shown to be inferior on contrast to the lesser-priced 900-F. "Wrong direction," Sony !
I think that your interpretation of slightly is a bit off.

Last edited by js950; 03-08-2019 at 04:02 PM.
js950 is offline  
post #938 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,125
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomek398 View Post
In general LCD TVs can reach very good levels of black due to local dimming. If you could turn off whole zone completely then black would be the same as on OLED. Zero light. However most of the time you can't turn off zone completely especially when it is relatively big.



VIVID=oversaturated colours+max brightness+max contrast and other contrast enhancements ON+oversharpening+motion interpolation ON. It's there so you can use it if you like but be aware of above and don't be surprised that movies in cinema look different than on your TV
That's exactly why I use it with liberal adjustment. I don't like the dim colorless movies often found in cinema these days. And my thinking may not be revolutionary, considering the droves staying away from theaters and lapping up HDR at home.

I also don't agree that one needs a TV specific for evening viewing, and another TV specific for daytime viewing. Blinds for the latter of course. Cheers.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #939 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,125
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Yep, you want a true review you buy your review units.
Questions in that regard. Do companies cultivate favorable reviewers? Do companies have "review TVs" for reviewers that won't buy? "Review TVs" that've had higher quality control applied?

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #940 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,146
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
Questions in that regard. Do companies cultivate favorable reviewers? Do companies have "review TVs" for reviewers that won't buy? "Review TVs" that've had higher quality control applied?
When manufacturers provide samples for review, there is always the possibility that they send out units cherry picked to make sure they are of the highest quality.
duc135 is offline  
post #941 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,125
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 1657
[quote=samovies10;57711886]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dener Melo View Post



I believe they were reviewing the 65" model which does not have the wide-angle tech, hence the better contrast.
Question. Wide angle tech aside, are there other inherent or perceived reasons that decrease PQ the bigger you go?

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #942 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 04:32 PM
Member
 
samovies10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
[quote=Panson;57716606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samovies10 View Post

Question. Wide angle tech aside, are there other inherent or perceived reasons that decrease PQ the bigger you go?
There shouldn't be. If the zone count is the same as the smaller sizes and you have a bigger screen, then blooming will become more pronounced, but, Sony has usually incremented the number of zones with bigger sizes so there's no reason why they'd keep them the same now. So short answer, no. Other than the weak contrast, mediocre black levels, and obvious blooming due to the wide-angle tech the rest should not decrease in quality.
WOLVERNOLE and Panson like this.

Setup:
Spoiler!
samovies10 is offline  
post #943 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 04:57 PM
Administrator
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1203
Anything I need to be aware of for adding a thumb drive for extra storage? Any of the 3 USB inputs and any size drive? USB 3.0?

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Mike Lang is offline  
post #944 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 07:18 PM
Member
 
hdinlexky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Subtle YouTubeTV defect noticed on 55x950G TV

I just purchased Sony 55X950G from best buy, got it home last night. (ordered it beginning of the week, it was supposed to be ready to pickup in 2 weeks, but instead, I got an email yesterday it was ready for pickup early!)

First impressions, very nice, beautiful picture, Android TV has been much improved from last years TVs, much quicker, with a nicer UI with better App performance. (not as clunky!)

Still it was difficult to find some settings, for example, to reboot the TV took me 10 minutes to find the option. Voice search stop working this morning, so I needed to reboot the TV, then voice search (google assistant) started working again after reboot.

I noticed a defect on YouTubeTV, I don't see this when playing YouTube on the Roku on this TV, just through Android on Sony TV. It seems present on most the channels to varying degrees.

(Netflix doesn't have this defect, BTW Netflix calibrated mode is pretty nice. Also My PC connected to TV doesn't have the issue, so seems specific to YouTubeTV app)

But in YoutubeTV, is see green random noise at the very top of the screen, subtle enough you can almost ignore. (but now it kind of bothers me, now that I noticed it, I was initially thinking I wouldn't need my Roku, but this defect while subtle is kind of annoying! My other Sony TV, I never used the smart functions since the Roku is superior, but for this TV, if not for the subtle flaw in YoutubeTV, I would consider going Roku-less.

I uploaded some videos of the phenomena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=z2NMCcDcFc0



Hopefully Sony or YouTubeTV release a patch, since their smart TV is much improved compared to my older Sony 850F.
Cuthalu, tubers and MechaGodzilla like this.
hdinlexky2 is offline  
post #945 of 2605 Old 03-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Administrator
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinlexky2 View Post
I noticed a defect on YouTubeTV, I don't see this when playing YouTube on the Roku on this TV, just through Android on Sony TV. It seems present on most the channels to varying degrees.
I’m not seeing that on mine.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Mike Lang is offline  
post #946 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Soundizer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 890
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 163
There maybe some confusion in the positioning of the XG9505 vs 2018’s ZF9505. Even though ZF is Master Series and XG is not, Sony informed some press that the XG9505 LED TV’s replace the ZF9505.

So in the UK THE ZF9505 65INCH MASTER SERIES IS £2000 - £2,100 now. The new XG9505 659NCH IS £2,499.

NOW IF THE MASTER SERIES ZF LED TV’S WERE CONTINUING AND BEING REPLACED MUCH LATER THIS YEAR, WE CERTAINLY WOULD NOT SEE THIS MASSIVE PRICE DROP AT £500 BELOW THE NEW XG MODELS.
Soundizer17 is offline  
post #947 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 05:36 AM
Member
 
hdinlexky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
I’m not seeing that on mine.
I really want that problem to go away because YouTubeTV app is much improved compared to my 65x850F, which drops frames like crazy on the YouTubeTV app, every 3 or 4 seconds skipping a frame, but the performance of the media player in 55X950G is much better. (vs x850F) "Stats for Nerds" do show some dropped frames for 55x950g, but I don't notice them when I watch it, BTW my ROKU almost never shows dropped frames on YouTubeTV, I have like 3 Rokus in the house that's true for. Playing YouTubeTV through the Roku on 55x950g doesn't show the defect on top of the screen. Since this is the only problem I've seen with this TV, guessing its not worth returning for another, but still, I wonder whats going on. This morning I updated my 65X850F to v6.5830 which has this new fancy Android Oreo OS the x950g came with. Note for x850F it wouldn't auto update to this version since they have some issue with the audio for people with external sounds systems. But I did the update and also updated to the latest YouTubeTV app on my X850F (USB drive update from manually downloaded file) Then I verified both of my TV's have same version of YouTubeTV app (1.05.07). Still the X850F drops frames like crazy on YouTubeTV, but it doesn't have that weird defect I see on x950F:


The media player processor is clearly much improved on the x950g compared to x850F, but I am unsure if I have a software issue, or a hardware failure, that's going to get worse over time. The fact I've only seen this issue on YouTubeTV, I think its software / media player in the TV. (but not sure why you didn't see it or why its not present on my x850F??)

Other Sony apps I've tried so far don't have the issue: YouTube, Netflix, & Amazon Prime don't have the issue, all look good, and not dropping frames.

And like I said before, YouTubeTV played from the Roku doesn't have this issue on this TV.

Anybody else running YouTubeTV on x950G??


Thanks!
hdinlexky2 is offline  
post #948 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Try a full reset.
js950 is offline  
post #949 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
LondonBenji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Any idea when the 85" is supposed to be released?
LondonBenji is offline  
post #950 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
pmeintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 83
2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

^

+1

Also any information regarding the Dolby Vision implementation? I recall a bunch of Hub Bub about the Dolby Vision update of the X900 not being all that great and sometimes not being recognized as "True" Dolby Vision"

"These go to eleven." - Great words from Nigel Tufnel.

Last edited by pmeintel; 03-09-2019 at 10:46 AM.
pmeintel is offline  
post #951 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Newbie
 
R3plicant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinlexky2 View Post
I really want that problem to go away because YouTubeTV app is much improved compared to my 65x850F, which drops frames like crazy on the YouTubeTV app, every 3 or 4 seconds skipping a frame, but the performance of the media player in 55X950G is much better. (vs x850F) "Stats for Nerds" do show some dropped frames for 55x950g, but I don't notice them when I watch it, BTW my ROKU almost never shows dropped frames on YouTubeTV, I have like 3 Rokus in the house that's true for. Playing YouTubeTV through the Roku on 55x950g doesn't show the defect on top of the screen. Since this is the only problem I've seen with this TV, guessing its not worth returning for another, but still, I wonder whats going on. This morning I updated my 65X850F to v6.5830 which has this new fancy Android Oreo OS the x950g came with. Note for x850F it wouldn't auto update to this version since they have some issue with the audio for people with external sounds systems. But I did the update and also updated to the latest YouTubeTV app on my X850F (USB drive update from manually downloaded file) Then I verified both of my TV's have same version of YouTubeTV app (1.05.07). Still the X850F drops frames like crazy on YouTubeTV, but it doesn't have that weird defect I see on x950F:



The media player processor is clearly much improved on the x950g compared to x850F, but I am unsure if I have a software issue, or a hardware failure, that's going to get worse over time. The fact I've only seen this issue on YouTubeTV, I think its software / media player in the TV. (but not sure why you didn't see it or why its not present on my x850F??)

Other Sony apps I've tried so far don't have the issue: YouTube, Netflix, & Amazon Prime don't have the issue, all look good, and not dropping frames.

And like I said before, YouTubeTV played from the Roku doesn't have this issue on this TV.

Anybody else running YouTubeTV on x950G??


Thanks!

I don't have that green bar. However only on youtube I get terrible judder. I have only watched on video to try it out in 4k and it gave me a headache. I will have to check and make sure the motion settings are right but it was making me sick watching the spiderman homecoming trailer. Other apps like hulu seemed to be ok (though that wasn't 4k). I think it might be poor settings for youtube app out of the box.
R3plicant is offline  
post #952 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Member
 
encaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Old England
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinlexky2 View Post
I really want that problem to go away because YouTubeTV app is much improved!
If a reset doesn't work it may be that you have over scan enabled (or whatever it's called on these) and need try Screen Fit (or whatever that's called on them).
Try throwing up solid white/grey etc. pages to see if you get errors showing.

Who's the daddy now???
encaser is offline  
post #953 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Member
 
dcx4610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Trying to decide between this and the Samsung Q70 at 55". Any thoughts?

What's most important to me is uniform picture and noticeable dimming on dark scenes.
dcx4610 is offline  
post #954 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Member
 
hdinlexky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeintel View Post
^

+1

Also any information regarding the Dolby Vision implementation? I recall a bunch of Hub Bub about the Dolby Vision update of the X900 not being all that great and sometimes not being recognized as "True" Dolby Vision"
The netflix app included with TV showing Dolby Vision Icon, example for the marvel 4k stuff, it looks good to me.

When connect my roku to tv, I needed to change HDMI port to enhanced format for the 4K stuff to be recognized as HDR, but with the Roku, Netflix didn't show Dolby vision icon, just HDR. But HDR with the roku stick was a pain, since the screen settings were out of wack, if I made it look good for HDR stuff, then other stuff was not right. With the Netflix app included, it seems to switch on the fly the different content making it look correct with netflix calibrated mode.
pmeintel likes this.
hdinlexky2 is offline  
post #955 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Member
 
hdinlexky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3plicant View Post
I don't have that green bar. However only on youtube I get terrible judder. I have only watched on video to try it out in 4k and it gave me a headache. I will have to check and make sure the motion settings are right but it was making me sick watching the spiderman homecoming trailer. Other apps like hulu seemed to be ok (though that wasn't 4k). I think it might be poor settings for youtube app out of the box.
For my TV (55x950g) the Youtube app looks absolutely beautiful, I watched several HD trailers and they looked good (no noticeable judder), also watch some 4K HDR stuff, which looked beautiful, (in store demo like material) I disabled that motion stuff in setting, and still looks quite good to me. I did watch a 4k Avengers HDR trailer that looked beautiful and judder free as well.

I did a voice search on Spiderman homecoming trailer, the official one looked very good to me, there was one that was kinda low resolution, but wasn't the official trailer.

Not sure why you are having problems with your YouTube, but I have been happy with this app so far. My only gripe is the defect I mentioned regarding YouTubeTV. Do a voice search for 4K HDR and very nice eye candy videos on YouTube that look spectacular to me.
hdinlexky2 is offline  
post #956 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Member
 
hdinlexky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by encaser View Post
If a reset doesn't work it may be that you have over scan enabled (or whatever it's called on these) and need try Screen Fit (or whatever that's called on them).
Try throwing up solid white/grey etc. pages to see if you get errors showing.
I thought of that , just not sure how to over scan, the thin black line on top of other material doesn't have the defect, it seems specific only to the youtube tv app. But an overscan would surely crop it out of view and is a good idea, but no obvious way to to in settings while in the app.
hdinlexky2 is offline  
post #957 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Member
 
hdinlexky2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oak Ridge, NC
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by js950 View Post
Try a full reset.
Maybe some day will try that, but don't really want to setup everything again! I did delete the YouTubeTV app and re-install, that didn't help.
hdinlexky2 is offline  
post #958 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 17,311
Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1203
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinlexky2 View Post
I thought of that , just not sure how to over scan, the thin black line on top of other material doesn't have the defect, it seems specific only to the youtube tv app. But an overscan would surely crop it out of view and is a good idea, but no obvious way to to in settings while in the app.
Turning off full pixel in settings might hide it.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
Mike Lang is offline  
post #959 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Member
 
dcx4610's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Anyone have any good pictures or can tell me the color of the bezel? It looks like in the pics I've seen the bottom half is grey which is kinda distracting. One of those hangs-ups I have with TVs.
dcx4610 is offline  
post #960 of 2605 Old 03-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinlexky2 View Post
Maybe some day will try that, but don't really want to setup everything again! I did delete the YouTubeTV app and re-install, that didn't help.
Unplug it from the wall for a minute. Should keep your settings but reboot apps etc.
js950 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony 950g 85"

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off