2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 46 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1742Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1351 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
allencc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyrabbit21 View Post
So what exactly is the difference between Cinemotion High and Cinemotion Auto?

And any recommendations on which Motionflow setting: Custom (and subsequent smoothness/clearness values), Smooth or Off is the closest to duplicating what the X900F got from “True Cinema?” (Matching the frame rate of the content).
I will answer this based off experience. So, I am kinda liking this set better than the 900E as of now. MotionFlow controls the smoothness and clearness of videos. However, clearness will dim and also add flicker to the picture, a tad bit to a whole lot depending on how high you set it to. I would not go past clearness 1, IMO. Since this does add flicker, it will affect the outcome of how smooth you want your movie experience to be. I would try to find the perfect combination of the two while watching several movies. I was watching Battle Los Angeles last night to test because this movie has serious camera movement. I had to turn smoothness down from 3 because it was making me dizzy AF. CineMotion works totally different on the x950g than it does on the 900E. I am saying this because, I watch my movies on a home theater PC using Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC), MadVr, LAV Filters, and ReClock. With this being said, my video is 100% synced to whatever my refresh rate is set to. So, on the 900E at 60Hz and 24Hz, I was able to set MotionFlow to "Smooth" and CineMotion to "HIGH" for all content. Panning and overall video movement was buttery smooth. On the [email protected], I am seeing major stuttering if I leave CineMotion set to "Auto". Once I turn it off, the movies are 100% smooth. Which makes me believe that CineMotion should only be used on 24Hz viewing. So, it really depends on your video source. I am uncertain of which framerate is being used by the native video apps like Netflix and Hulu. But for now, I am rocking MotionFlow Custom: Smoothness 2, Clearness Min, and Cinemotion OFF. However, it appears that the Netflix native app does not stutter while CineMotion is set to auto. I will give you one mor tip for your black level. Since this TV has lower contrast rate than the 2 previous sets, the picture is overall washed up looking. This is why I feel that people are complaining about the viewing angle issue. The vewing angle is better on this set than the 900E. To combat the lower contrast rate, decrease the black level setting by 2-3. This has been tested to not crush the blacks. I tried decreasing the gamma but got better results decreasing the black level setting. I am also running color temp warm but -5 on the red so that my whites are white, not red tinted white.
allencc3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1352 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
VA_DaveB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,780
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1617 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpfarms View Post
Both do come with the same Mediatek 5893 for Android TV as well.
They both run the new Android Oreo 8.0. I believe the Z9F uses an prior revision of the 5893.
VA_DaveB is offline  
post #1353 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 08:30 AM
Member
 
stpfarms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundizer17 View Post
If the 65inch ZF9 was 400 dollars less than the 65inch X950, would anyone choose the ZF9?



I would love to know where this is a possible scenario? A Z9F at 400 less than X950g.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
stpfarms is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1354 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 09:13 AM
Member
 
pppp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If initial reports of the Z9G are to be believed the black level problems of the X-Wide angle technology are solved with the inclusion of the Backlight Master Drive Sony introduced back in 2016 with the ZD9. So why omit it from a model such as the Z9F and even the X95G larger sizes? Do you think we are going to see a 4K FALD from Sony soon with the Backlight Master Drive returning?
pppp1 is offline  
post #1355 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JD23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,328
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppp1 View Post
If initial reports of the Z9G are to be believed the black level problems of the X-Wide angle technology are solved with the inclusion of the Backlight Master Drive Sony introduced back in 2016 with the ZD9. So why omit it from a model such as the Z9F and even the X95G larger sizes? Do you think we are going to see a 4K FALD from Sony soon with the Backlight Master Drive returning?

Cost. The Z9G is expected to be dramatically more expensive than either the Z9F or X950G, which is why it is only being introduced in very large sizes. However, I did read complaints of blooming during CES, so I am not sure if BMD + X-Wide is necessarily a panacea.
JD23 is offline  
post #1356 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Member
 
pppp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
Cost. The Z9G is expected to be dramatically more expensive than either the Z9F or X950G, which is why it is only being introduced in very large sizes. However, I did read complaints of blooming during CES, so I am not sure if BMD + X-Wide is necessarily a panacea.
Z9D has no issues at all with blooming?

Any indications for the pricing of the Z9G series?
pppp1 is offline  
post #1357 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobbino421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppp1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
Cost. The Z9G is expected to be dramatically more expensive than either the Z9F or X950G, which is why it is only being introduced in very large sizes. However, I did read complaints of blooming during CES, so I am not sure if BMD + X-Wide is necessarily a panacea.
Z9D has no issues at all with blooming?

Any indications for the pricing of the Z9G series?
B and H photo has pricing on there website for the A9G and the Z9G. The other major retailers have not and not even Sony USA has released pricing.

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Denon X4500H AVR
Klipsch 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos with Martin Logan 1000W SUB
bobbino421 is offline  
post #1358 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,664
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7269 Post(s)
Liked: 7300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner Roth View Post
I'm not commenting on the merits of the Z9D, and it doesn't have anything to do with the 950G, but on Amazon.ca the 65" Z9F is $1600 more than the 65"Z9D. Apart from links to external reviews, this thread has little real info on the 950G. Just the perspective of an unbiased shopper looking for reliable info.
Z9D still the best LED to date as far as a Sony, except now we have to wait to see if the Samsung 90R or 900R are better.....
MLM87 likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #1359 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Julio Castrejon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Man, the X950G is a huge disappointment! I was expecting that this TV model would succeed the X930E in build quality, features, connections, HDR peak brightness, and etc..., but instead we get an almost re-branded X900F with a much pricier price tag with the same cheap build quality that most midrange TVs get.

I also hear that the Z9F is a disappointment as well?

What is going on with Sony? Is like they are taking a step backwards on this years TV lineup, and increased their prices as well.

Man, I really should get the 55" X930E while I still can. That design and build quality along with legacy video connections just amazes me.
Cuthalu and MLM87 like this.
Julio Castrejon is offline  
post #1360 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3,259
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 2959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
Man, the X950G is a huge disappointment! I was expecting that this TV model would succeed the X930E in build quality, features, connections, HDR peak brightness, and etc..., but instead we get an almost re-branded X900F with a much pricier price tag with the same cheap build quality that most midrange TVs get.

I also hear that the Z9F is a disappointment as well?

What is going on with Sony? Is like they are taking a step backwards on this years TV lineup, and increased their prices as well.

Man, I really should get the 55" X930E while I still can. That design and build quality along with legacy video connections just amazes me.
Do it and report back.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #1361 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
Man, the X950G is a huge disappointment! I was expecting that this TV model would succeed the X930E in build quality, features, connections, HDR peak brightness, and etc..., but instead we get an almost re-branded X900F with a much pricier price tag with the same cheap build quality that most midrange TVs get.

I also hear that the Z9F is a disappointment as well?

What is going on with Sony? Is like they are taking a step backwards on this years TV lineup, and increased their prices as well.

Man, I really should get the 55" X930E while I still can. That design and build quality along with legacy video connections just amazes me.
I don't think the build quality is bad with the 950G were did you see that ?

The Z9F is not disappointing as well if you have a bright family room it's a great TV there is mild blooming but if calibrated it's a striking TV..

I think most people in this forum judge sets from just reading or hear say.

Go look at one in a controlled environment and see if you like what you see.


TC.
WannaBinHD likes this.
Expono#1 is offline  
post #1362 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 11:03 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
I also hear that the Z9F is a disappointment as well?
And what personal experience do you have? You have none nor have you ever even seen one.

This is the kind of AVS mass hysteria by people that are ignorant of the products that gives this forum a bad name.
geoffo11 likes this.
agincourt is offline  
post #1363 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 11:05 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Z9D still the best LED to date as far as a Sony, except now we have to wait to see if the Samsung 90R or 900R are better.....
Not if you have wide angle requirements or want the best motion processing. For that the Z9F is better
agincourt is offline  
post #1364 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Soundizer17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Soundizer17 is offline  
post #1365 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 01:46 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
I would get both and return the one that looks worse to me in my room.
One of the reasons TV prices are so high. When they try to resell that set you returned that store has to sell it at a loss. Dishonest practice
agincourt is offline  
post #1366 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by agincourt View Post
One of the reasons TV prices are so high. When they try to resell that set you returned that store has to sell it at a loss. Dishonest practice
How is this dishonest practice? Dishonest would be if I bought a set and if it broke after the warranty period I went out and bought another one and returned the old one as defective. Stores have return policies for a reason. If you don't like it return it. If clothes don't fit I return them.
Cuthalu likes this.
duc135 is offline  
post #1367 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
 
CraigSamuel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
How is this dishonest practice? Dishonest would be if I bought a set and if it broke after the warranty period I went out and bought another one and returned the old one as defective. Stores have return policies for a reason. If you don't like it return it. If clothes don't fit I return them.
I am not knocking you for doing this at all.
But, there is a loss when this happens and of course, we the consumer will pay for the loss, not the store.

Cheers
gomo657 likes this.
CraigSamuel is offline  
post #1368 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 05:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
How is this dishonest practice? Dishonest would be if I bought a set and if it broke after the warranty period I went out and bought another one and returned the old one as defective. Stores have return policies for a reason. If you don't like it return it. If clothes don't fit I return them.
It's dishonest because you lower the value of the product you return as TVs have to be sold as open box.

How about going to the store and telling them you are going to buy 3 sets but will be returning the 2 you dont like and see if they sell them to you. You won't do that because they will say no. That's why Best Buy always asks a reason for the return

People love to come here and brag about their dishonest scams hoping others will agree. Dont be surprised when they don't agree with your kind of "morality"
gomo657 likes this.
agincourt is offline  
post #1369 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 09:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSamuel View Post
I am not knocking you for doing this at all.
But, there is a loss when this happens and of course, we the consumer will pay for the loss, not the store.

Cheers
Consumers do not pay for the loss. The store accepting returns will bear that cost. In truth, they are not selling at a loss. They are just not making as large a profit. If they were losing money they would stop accepting returns for "no questions asked".

Quote:
Originally Posted by agincourt View Post
It's dishonest because you lower the value of the product you return as TVs have to be sold as open box.

How about going to the store and telling them you are going to buy 3 sets but will be returning the 2 you dont like and see if they sell them to you. You won't do that because they will say no. That's why Best Buy always asks a reason for the return

People love to come here and brag about their dishonest scams hoping others will agree. Dont be surprised when they don't agree with your kind of "morality"
I'm not bragging at all. I actually never do this myself. I do my research and if I was wrong, I just live with my mistake, sell it and get option 2 or give it to someone in my family. I wouldn't know if they would or would not sell me three Tvs at Best Buy or not, but I have bought two from Costco and they never questioned me about it. I'm not particularly happy with them, but they are still hanging on my walls. As for Best Buy asking reason for return, I have no clue about that practice either as I have never returned anything to them.

The morality of this practice can be debatable, but I won't lose any sleep over people doing it. Like I said, I have never done this nor do I ever plan on doing it. These big box stores that accept returns for any reason already know this is a cost of doing business. Just like paying the 2-5% to credit card companies to accept credit cards. I know many people that work at Best Buy and Fry's Electronics. I also used to work for a well known electronics manufacturers and know people in other electronic manufacturing companies. I know the prices the stores like Best Buy pays for the TVs. They are still making a profit on open box TVs. Just not as much as full price.

I'm guessing in your train of thought, paying anything less than full price would be morally wrong since bargaining for a lower price would reduce the value of the product below what they wanted to sell it for. Do you go to the car dealer and just write a check for the full sticker price? So tell me again, how is returning a product in accords of the store's return policy dishonest or a scam?
Cuthalu likes this.
duc135 is offline  
post #1370 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:05 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
Do you go to the car dealer and just write a check for the full sticker price? So tell me again, how is returning a product in accords of the store's return policy dishonest or a scam?
I dont go to a car dealer, buy three cars then try to return the two I dont like.

You can make up all the justifications you want, but it is an abuse and does cost the store and ultimately customers money. Coaching forum members to scam retailers is probably not what the moderators here want and it makes you look dishonest
agincourt is offline  
post #1371 of 4981 Old 03-24-2019, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by agincourt View Post
I dont go to a car dealer, buy three cars then try to return the two I dont like.

You can make up all the justifications you want, but it is an abuse and does cost the store and ultimately customers money. Coaching forum members to scam retailers is probably not what the moderators here want and it makes you look dishonest
So what part of following store policy is dishonest and a scam? A scam would subject the person performing the acts to being arrested. I don't see people being arrested in droves at the Best Buy return desk. Let's just agree to disagree before this gets out of hand and becomes subject to moderator intervention.
Cuthalu likes this.
duc135 is offline  
post #1372 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 01:05 AM
Senior Member
 
bgaviator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I don't understand this tv. Lots of people are saying it's worse than the 900f due to not as good contrast. But I've seen a comment in this thread that the 950G is the better tv. But I also know the X-wide that makes the contrast not as good is only on the larger size screens, correct?
It seems like Sony did take a step backwards this year. I would have hoped that they would have increased the number of zones this year, as well as the upgraded processor. Most tech companies try to offer improvements each year, so I don't understand how Sony presenting a tv with contrast not as good as last year's tv makes any sense.

I was seriously going to try and make this my year to finally buy a tv, but I haven't been impressed with anything I'm seeing at a decent price point so far. As someone who is really only interested in 75" size, maybe I'll wait to hear more reviews of the Q80 or Vizio Quantum X once it's released
bgaviator is offline  
post #1373 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 04:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
Consumers do not pay for the loss. The store accepting returns will bear that cost. In truth, they are not selling at a loss. They are just not making as large a profit. If they were losing money they would stop accepting returns for "no questions asked".
This is most likely wrong. If Consumer Electronics is anything like the other CPG I have experience with, return/swell is built into cost of goods sold. But maybe Consumer Electronics is different...

Not every Joe Schmoe is returning TVs on a weekly basis because the Grey Test screen looks funny when you stand on one foot and close one eye. If it falls within the return policy, I don't see an issue with it.
Cuthalu likes this.

Last edited by gocubs418; 03-25-2019 at 04:23 AM.
gocubs418 is offline  
post #1374 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 06:39 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
So what part of following store policy is dishonest and a scam? A scam would subject the person performing the acts to being arrested. I don't see people being arrested in droves at the Best Buy return desk. Let's just agree to disagree before this gets out of hand and becomes subject to moderator intervention.
I welcome moderator intervention so they remove your original post advocating "buying 3 tvs then returning 2"
CraigSamuel and Tomek398 like this.
agincourt is offline  
post #1375 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 08:30 AM
Member
 
Cannibal Corpse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Netflix still does not launch:


1) Should I reset the Sony settings?


2) Call Sony tech support?


3) Call Best Buy?


Please help!
Cannibal Corpse is offline  
post #1376 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
duc135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
This is most likely wrong. If Consumer Electronics is anything like the other CPG I have experience with, return/swell is built into cost of goods sold. But maybe Consumer Electronics is different...

Not every Joe Schmoe is returning TVs on a weekly basis because the Grey Test screen looks funny when you stand on one foot and close one eye.
In the context of this thread, it is not wrong. Sony sets a MAP. Unless the retailer is selling above that price, then they are not making the customer eat their potential loss due to returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
If it falls within the return policy, I don't see an issue with it.
And this is my point. Nothing I have stated is illegal, dishonest or a scam if a person is following the policies set by the stores as had been stated by others.

I was merely offering a solution to another poster's question who, after >1000 posts cannot make up his mind about which TV to get. We cannot possibly make a decision for him when it comes down to subjective preferences. He will need to see both and decide which is better and if the price difference is bearable. My choice if I am willing to pay the price difference is based on my financial situation. If I were a billionaire, a few hundred is nothing compared to say a student living on financial aid.
Iluv4k likes this.
duc135 is offline  
post #1377 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 10:02 AM
Member
 
Iluv4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 61
NO offense but Can people move on from this thread please?! This is an owners thread, not a "Which TV Should I get" or "Z9f vs TV" thread.

Would be nice to discuss the TV with other owners. Perhaps all the non related talk can be in a new thread??
rynomyte and Tomek398 like this.
Iluv4k is offline  
post #1378 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 15,251
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1353 Post(s)
Liked: 2206
Price talk posts removed. This is an owner's thread. Please stick to technical discussion of the 950G. Non owner's please limit your questions to this model. It is not to be used as a Help Me Choose thread.
rboster likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
teachsac is offline  
post #1379 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,664
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7269 Post(s)
Liked: 7300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
Man, the X950G is a huge disappointment! I was expecting that this TV model would succeed the X930E in build quality, features, connections, HDR peak brightness, and etc..., but instead we get an almost re-branded X900F with a much pricier price tag with the same cheap build quality that most midrange TVs get.

What is going on with Sony? Is like they are taking a step backwards on this years TV lineup, and increased their prices as well.

Man, I really should get the 55" X930E while I still can. That design and build quality along with legacy video connections just amazes me.
The 950G is a replacement of the 900F. When you bought your 930E that was a higher end model compared to the 900E. So it is not surprising that you do not like it as much as you took a step down....
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #1380 of 4981 Old 03-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Looking through this long thread, I see that eARC is not really talked about so I'm probably in the minority that is quite disappointed that DTS is not supported over ARC any longer. I have the 900E and am positive that I was able to pass through DTS before the myriad of updates and now it does not.

I tried to hold off purchasing the 900E because I desparately wanted this feature and now that this model checks off so many other boxes.......

I use a Shield now, but really wanted to utilize the TV's native apps and eliminate some "clutter."

Really sucks that every other audio format under the sun is supported but that one.


Kev
OK KO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
dolby atmos , sony 950g 85" , x95g

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off