After a week with my set calibrated by Robert Busch who works with/for Dolby Vision, these are my impressions:
1. OS: Whereas my 940C used to crash all of the time, the 950G has not crashed once.
2. WIFI connected and has not been an issue.
3. I don't use TV speakers, but when I tried them once when setting up my antenna, they were no worse than any other TV speakers.
4. SDR and HDR calibrated perfectly and easily using CALMAN. There is some blooming/light bleed in HDR into the black bars when a high luminance object is near the bar, but only then. It is not that bad, nor do I find it distracting. Robert and I noted it, and it could be addressed with a firmware update.
5. Dolby Vision: I have used the internal VUDU app, the VUDU app on my Apple TV, and my Oppo 203. I do not, nor did Robert, find Dolby Vision to be inaccurate. I have watched Harry Potter 7, Crimes of Grindelwald, Bumblebee just to name a few, and have found the picture to be quite pleasing. At no time have I struggled to make out the picture or details.
I am not a post pictures person, but I will when I get a chance.
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.