2019 Sony XBR X950G Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 83 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1228Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2461 of 3358 Old 09-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
thomase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Having an issue with my HT-Z9F when running games on Android TV.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...php?p=58537876

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
thomase is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2462 of 3358 Old 09-10-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,940
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6854 Post(s)
Liked: 6858
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmat2011 View Post
Hello, I just bought the 55 X950G and picking up today. I would like to wall mount it , can anyone recommend me a compatible wall mount unit for this TV? It will be my first time doing it. Thank you In advance.
Any universal wall mount will work.......choose the right size for your 55"

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-MI-305L...ds=tv+mount+it

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Ult...lim+wall+mount

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HQW0HQ..._t4_B0069MCH6S <<< Low profile of only 0.35".

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Factory...+tv+wall+mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomase View Post
With the recent price drop, I just pulled the trigger on an X950G with HT-Z9F bundle (waiting for delivery from Best Buy). I almost went instead for the LG C9 when I found a Labor Day weekend sale, but chickened out at the last moment due to fear of burn-in and concern that OLED blacks weren't worth the price premium for my living room where there is always some ambient light from the rest of the house, even at night (i.e. lamps, etc.).

Looking forward to it...
950G is a solid unit, I am sure you will like it
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #2463 of 3358 Old 09-11-2019, 12:54 AM
Member
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I would like to temporarily use this TV as a plain speaker with a device that has RCA L-R audio outputs.

The TV has a composite audio/video 3.5mm jack on the side panel (4-pin). What will happen if I feed-in audio signal through audio L-R pins and just leave video pin floating? I suspect the TV will simply state that there's no signal on that input (sorry, I currently have no input device to test it with). And if my suspicion is correct, is there a proper way to use this TV as a speaker for audio only? This input or maybe some other input?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Andrey

Last edited by AndreyT; 09-11-2019 at 01:00 AM.
AndreyT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2464 of 3358 Old 09-11-2019, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
p3trol_h3ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Good question. I bet it will work since we are talking analogue and not digital. The screen will probably just be black. Just be sure to get the right cable with the correct spacing and order of connections on the plug.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
p3trol_h3ad is offline  
post #2465 of 3358 Old 09-13-2019, 01:25 PM
Member
 
ponnie1996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just received my x950g and so far I love it but I am having an issue with the cable box (SA8300HD) not powering off (or on) when I power the tv. I have the auto power on and off boxes checked. Any ideas? Thanks.
ponnie1996 is offline  
post #2466 of 3358 Old 09-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Member
 
wrj54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponnie1996 View Post
I just received my x950g and so far I love it but I am having an issue with the cable box (SA8300HD) not powering off (or on) when I power the tv. I have the auto power on and off boxes checked. Any ideas? Thanks.
Quick answer, No. I had the same issue with my Directv DVR box. I have since switched to another provider (not for the power off reason) and it works perfectly. However, my Echo Dot would turn off the Sony. The 950G has built in google assistant and does respond to "Ok Google" and you can shut it off with a voice command.
wrj54 is offline  
post #2467 of 3358 Old 09-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Newbie
 
wdjpvaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi 950G owners!

Would love some advice. I am between the 85" X950G and the 82" Samsung Q80R

Things I like about the Sony:
- Bigger screen size- 85 vs 82- I know it's minor -but maybe noticeable???
- Image processing for 1080p and lower sources
- Future proof features

Things I like about Samsung:
- Colors
- Viewing angle- is it significantly better in reality?
- Lower cost
- New appleTV app built in?

Any advice or persepective would be appreciated!!

Thanks
wdjpvaz is offline  
post #2468 of 3358 Old 09-14-2019, 06:00 PM
Member
 
Polaris75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Lab View Post
Yes it can. I just watched the Avengers End Game the other day. I normally use VLC player. I would suggest bringing your own file and test it. But I’ve never encountered a video file that this TV cannot read.
I know your comment isn't *that* old, but can you confirm this is still the case? I set up a 75X950G today, put in a known-good MKV w/ THD+Atmos track and only got DD+ on the HT-Z9F. All the eARC is setup correctly - I get THD+Atmos when playing a disc in the attached (to the TV) Pany UHD player - but the built-in media player, VLC and MXPlayer, even with toggling the "Digital Audio Passthrough" or whatever it's called in VLC, only pass DD+ to the HT-Z9F :-(

Software is latest.
Polaris75 is offline  
post #2469 of 3358 Old 09-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
 
flyinrazrback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Smith AR
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Best slim wall mount for the 85" 950g?
flyinrazrback is offline  
post #2470 of 3358 Old 09-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Member
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
Good question. I bet it will work since we are talking analogue and not digital. The screen will probably just be black. Just be sure to get the right cable with the correct spacing and order of connections on the plug.
Just tried this. But no, without video signal the TV simply says that there's no signal on this input. Apparently I'll have to find a source of "dummy" composite video signal to make it work.

Best regards,
Andrey
AndreyT is offline  
post #2471 of 3358 Old 09-15-2019, 06:48 AM
Goldmember
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US&A
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 15
XBR-70X850B vs XBR-75X950G

Considering moving from a XBR-70X850B (4K but no HDR) to the XBR-75X950G. For those familiar, what improvements will be most noticeable, and how about sacrifices (such as no more 3D support and perhaps more blooming)? Upgrading from standard Blu-ray to a 4K Blu-ray showed virtually no improvement, but the current 850B does *not* support HDR. Thanks all!
VeteranAVSMember is offline  
post #2472 of 3358 Old 09-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranAVSMember View Post
Considering moving from a XBR-70X850B (4K but no HDR) to the XBR-75X950G. For those familiar, what improvements will be most noticeable, and how about sacrifices (such as no more 3D support and perhaps more blooming)? Upgrading from standard Blu-ray to a 4K Blu-ray showed virtually no improvement, but the current 850B does *not* support HDR. Thanks all!
X950
Pioneer Elite 7.1, Dolby Atmos
Sony Blu Ray DVD, HDR
Apple 4k Dolby Vision
Bose Acoustimass 10 Series
We have had the X950 for 4 months now and its performance is outstanding. As to sacrifices, I have none. I was never a 3D supporter and never felt it was worth any additional costs. As to the blooming, I haven't seen it . This is the first TV that I haven't tweaked any settings and I wonder if blooming is associated with tweaking. On the cinema setting, the picture credits at the end of a movie with white letters against a black background, there's no blooming. The performance of the X950 is excellent right out of the box. You'll really enjoy this TV.
Tjonathan0 is offline  
post #2473 of 3358 Old 09-15-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranAVSMember View Post
Considering moving from a XBR-70X850B (4K but no HDR) to the XBR-75X950G. For those familiar, what improvements will be most noticeable, and how about sacrifices (such as no more 3D support and perhaps more blooming)? Upgrading from standard Blu-ray to a 4K Blu-ray showed virtually no improvement, but the current 850B does *not* support HDR. Thanks all!
Sony discontinued 3D TV in 2017.

To note, Sony X950G (2019) 75" has X-Wide Angle which slightly reduces contrast. Sony X900F (2018) 75" does not employ X-Wide Angle, so has slightly better straight-on viewing contrast. Re HDR, both have HDR10 and Dolby Vision. With both TVs, you will see significant improvement for color accuracy and motion. Both are suitable for variably-lit rooms. Good luck, have fun with your choice.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #2474 of 3358 Old 09-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Newbie
 
wdjpvaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjpvaz View Post
Hi 950G owners!

Would love some advice. I am between the 85" X950G and the 82" Samsung Q80R

Things I like about the Sony:
- Bigger screen size- 85 vs 82- I know it's minor -but maybe noticeable???
- Image processing for 1080p and lower sources
- Future proof features

Things I like about Samsung:
- Colors
- Viewing angle- is it significantly better in reality?
- Lower cost
- New appleTV app built in?

Any advice or persepective would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Trying again
wdjpvaz is offline  
post #2475 of 3358 Old 09-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Goldmember
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US&A
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panson View Post
Sony discontinued 3D TV in 2017.

To note, Sony X950G (2019) 75" has X-Wide Angle which slightly reduces contrast. Sony X900F (2018) 75" does not employ X-Wide Angle, so has slightly better straight-on viewing contrast. Re HDR, both have HDR10 and Dolby Vision. With both TVs, you will see significant improvement for color accuracy and motion. Both are suitable for variably-lit rooms. Good luck, have fun with your choice.
Thanks for the info!
Panson likes this.
VeteranAVSMember is offline  
post #2476 of 3358 Old 09-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by escher99 View Post
I just got the X950G 55". I have an issue, when I turn on Bluetooth headphones my Wifi bandwidth is significantly decreased and the audio will cut in and out on my headphones. I can see this happen in the Netflix app, when I press the display button on the remote, the bandwidth and resolution is displayed upper left hand corner. When I have Bluetooth disabled, I get 15.2 Mbps streaming bandwidth and 2160p resolution, as soon as I pair my headphones, the bandwidth drops to 4.8 Mbps and 1080p resolution, and the audio will cut in and out in the headphones, when I turn them off it goes right back up. I have the same problem with streaming from YouTube and stuttering audio in my Bluetooth headphones. I have gone through Tier 0 chat support, Tier 1 phone support where he remoted into my TV, the next step has been escalated to Tier 2 which I haven't had time to troubleshoot with yet, maybe tonight. I've tried 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz wifi, changing wifi channels, I have a Synology RT2600ac wireless router. I feel like this is a bug with the Wifi & Bluetooth chipset which might be fixed with a firmware update. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem? Or if anyone could confirm that theirs does not do this by using the Netflix app and checking their bandwidth and resolution with BT both on and off? Thanks!
Please make sure you are using 5GHz. 2.4GHz interferes with bluetooth (IIRC).
foyzur is offline  
post #2477 of 3358 Old 09-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by escher99 View Post
I just got the X950G 55". I have an issue, when I turn on Bluetooth headphones my Wifi bandwidth is significantly decreased and the audio will cut in and out on my headphones. I can see this happen in the Netflix app, when I press the display button on the remote, the bandwidth and resolution is displayed upper left hand corner. When I have Bluetooth disabled, I get 15.2 Mbps streaming bandwidth and 2160p resolution, as soon as I pair my headphones, the bandwidth drops to 4.8 Mbps and 1080p resolution, and the audio will cut in and out in the headphones, when I turn them off it goes right back up. I have the same problem with streaming from YouTube and stuttering audio in my Bluetooth headphones. I have gone through Tier 0 chat support, Tier 1 phone support where he remoted into my TV, the next step has been escalated to Tier 2 which I haven't had time to troubleshoot with yet, maybe tonight. I've tried 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz wifi, changing wifi channels, I have a Synology RT2600ac wireless router. I feel like this is a bug with the Wifi & Bluetooth chipset which might be fixed with a firmware update. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem? Or if anyone could confirm that theirs does not do this by using the Netflix app and checking their bandwidth and resolution with BT both on and off? Thanks!
Please make sure you are using 5GHz. 2.4GHz interferes with bluetooth (IIRC).
foyzur is offline  
post #2478 of 3358 Old 09-16-2019, 07:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjpvaz View Post
Hi 950G owners!

Would love some advice. I am between the 85" X950G and the 82" Samsung Q80R

Things I like about the Sony:
- Bigger screen size- 85 vs 82- I know it's minor -but maybe noticeable???
- Image processing for 1080p and lower sources
- Future proof features

Things I like about Samsung:
- Colors
- Viewing angle- is it significantly better in reality?
- Lower cost
- New appleTV app built in?

Any advice or persepective would be appreciated!!

Thanks
I would also like to know about this. Sadly I don't want to sacrifice extra 3" as I am worried that will look significantly smaller (it's only 7.5% smaller apparently ). I already got a 75" Q70R and really like the contrast and picture quality. But the glare is there and I am feeling greedy enough to return it and buy a 85". Problem is 85" will only make glares worse because of larger screen and I don't see any option to get 85" in Q80R
foyzur is offline  
post #2479 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
rjruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nazareth, PA, USA
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by foyzur View Post
I would also like to know about this. Sadly I don't want to sacrifice extra 3" as I am worried that will look significantly smaller (it's only 7.5% smaller apparently ). I already got a 75" Q70R and really like the contrast and picture quality. But the glare is there and I am feeling greedy enough to return it and buy a 85". Problem is 85" will only make glares worse because of larger screen and I don't see any option to get 85" in Q80R
http://www.displaywars.com/82-inch-16x9-vs-85-inch-16x9
rjruby is offline  
post #2480 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
TommyDeVito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 147
New software rev is alerting every time I turn on the panel. Is the new rev safe?
TommyDeVito is offline  
post #2481 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2,530
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by foyzur View Post
I would also like to know about this. Sadly I don't want to sacrifice extra 3" as I am worried that will look significantly smaller (it's only 7.5% smaller apparently ). I already got a 75" Q70R and really like the contrast and picture quality. But the glare is there and I am feeling greedy enough to return it and buy a 85". Problem is 85" will only make glares worse because of larger screen and I don't see any option to get 85" in Q80R
According to rtings, reflection is a little better in the Q80R (9.0). Q70R (7.9), X950G (8.7).

Both Q80R 82" and X950G 85" have wide angle tech.

FWIW X950G has Dolby Vision, eARC, and Ultimate processor. Q80R has VRR.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
Panson is offline  
post #2482 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
p3trol_h3ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjpvaz View Post
Hi 950G owners!

Would love some advice. I am between the 85" X950G and the 82" Samsung Q80R

Things I like about the Sony:
- Bigger screen size- 85 vs 82- I know it's minor -but maybe noticeable???
- Image processing for 1080p and lower sources
- Future proof features

Things I like about Samsung:
- Colors
- Viewing angle- is it significantly better in reality?
- Lower cost
- New appleTV app built in?

Any advice or persepective would be appreciated!!

Thanks
I like the Sony. Viewing angles should be about the same on both. The Samsung should handle reflections better though, I believe, if that is an issue for you. Also, the 950G is supposed to get a firmware update that will give it AirPlay 2 support.. not sure about the Apple TV app, though. Also consider if DV HDR is important to you. Both are good sets, can't really go wrong. Sony's are said to have more "accurate" colours, but if you prefer the Samsung there, there is nothing wrong with that. I may give the edge to the Samsung for a gamer, whereas the edge goes to the Sony for everything else [movies, sports (motion), tv (upscaling)].

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS

Last edited by p3trol_h3ad; 09-17-2019 at 11:35 AM.
p3trol_h3ad is offline  
post #2483 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
p3trol_h3ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
Just tried this. But no, without video signal the TV simply says that there's no signal on this input. Apparently I'll have to find a source of "dummy" composite video signal to make it work.
No offense meant, but are you sure you used the correct cable/adapter? I've seen others have this issue before but they were using a cable with the wrong order of connections. There is no "standard" and sometimes cables have ground at the top, some have it in the middle, etc. The only way to be sure is to look at the manual at the schematic that Sony provides, then ensure you get a cable with the same order of connections.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00119809

Quote:


Functions are arranged in the following order from the tip of the terminal:

Audio Left (L)
Video
Ground
Audio Right (R)

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS

Last edited by p3trol_h3ad; 09-17-2019 at 11:30 AM.
p3trol_h3ad is offline  
post #2484 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 12:56 PM
Member
 
AndreyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
No offense meant, but are you sure you used the correct cable/adapter? I've seen others have this issue before but they were using a cable with the wrong order of connections. There is no "standard" and sometimes cables have ground at the top, some have it in the middle, etc. The only way to be sure is to look at the manual at the schematic that Sony provides, then ensure you get a cable with the same order of connections.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00119809
Oh... Thank you! I kinda expected TRRS AV pinout to be standardized, at least de-facto. And this strikes me as a rather unusual pinout, which is indeed different from what I used in my test.

Meanwhile, I received a response from a moderator on the official Sony TV support forum, stating that it won't work without video signal. Nevertheless, I'll find a TRRS cable with Sony-specific pinout and try it again.
p3trol_h3ad likes this.

Best regards,
Andrey

Last edited by AndreyT; 09-17-2019 at 01:07 PM.
AndreyT is offline  
post #2485 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Newbie
 
wdjpvaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
I like the Sony. Viewing angles should be about the same on both. The Samsung should handle reflections better though, I believe, if that is an issue for you. Also, the 950G is supposed to get a firmware update that will give it AirPlay 2 support.. not sure about the Apple TV app, though. Also consider if DV HDR is important to you. Both are good sets, can't really go wrong. Sony's are said to have more "accurate" colours, but if you prefer the Samsung there, there is nothing wrong with that. I may give the edge to the Samsung for a gamer, whereas the edge goes to the Sony for everything else [movies, sports (motion), tv (upscaling)].
Thanks so much- anyone have an opinion on the relative size difference on an 82 vs 85? Is this noticeable from about 10 feet? Also 82 Q80R Samsung appears to be +- 1k less- don't understand that!
wdjpvaz is offline  
post #2486 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
paule123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Just bought a 55" X950G last week, picture looks great and pretty happy with it so far, but not getting a link on the wired LAN connection. Is there a trick to getting this working? WiFi connection works fine so it's not a dealbreaker if the wired doesn't work...
paule123 is offline  
post #2487 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
camd5pt0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Anyone else having the issue of always on Dolby Atmos using the Netflix app?
Reminds me of the horror with my Project Scorpio.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Home theatre: 65" Sony X950G / LG UBKM9 / Sony UBD-X800 / Xbox One X Project Scorpio / PS4 Pro
Denon AVR-X4400H 7.1.4 config. / Plantronics Dolby Atmos RIG 600LX
Pioneer Andrew Jones L,R,C,SL,SR,SBL,SBR / (4) Polk Atrium 5 series TF,TR
SVS PB-2000 w/ SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System
camd5pt0 is offline  
post #2488 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjpvaz View Post
Thanks so much- anyone have an opinion on the relative size difference on an 82 vs 85? Is this noticeable from about 10 feet? Also 82 Q80R Samsung appears to be +- 1k less- don't understand that!
I noticed the size difference because of my greed. Have Samsung EPP and got a great price on Q70R 75 inches. But then noticed how small it looks compared to 85 inches (saw those at Costco). Now don’t want to lose even a single inch. Problem is, my budget has to double to buy a 85” Sony X950G as Samsung doesn’t have 85 for Q80R and I am tired of Q70R reflection problem as I have a very sunny room. So my EPP discount no longer applies
foyzur is offline  
post #2489 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 11:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by foyzur View Post
I noticed the size difference because of my greed. Have Samsung EPP and got a great price on Q70R 75 inches. But then noticed how small it looks compared to 85 inches (saw those at Costco). Now don’t want to lose even a single inch. Problem is, my budget has to double to buy a 85” Sony X950G as Samsung doesn’t have 85 for Q80R and I am tired of Q70R reflection problem as I have a very sunny room. So my EPP discount no longer applies
FWIW I have a conspiracy theory about 85” X850G. They are ridiculously cheap and they have everything except FALD including VA Panel, buttery smooth Android with updated processors and eArc, Dolby vision were tc. Even the SDR and HDR peak brightness looks decent. And the Sony website says it has object based upscaling. Wondering if it even has x1 ultimate but Sony doesn’t disclose that to sell the X950G at a much higher premium.
foyzur is offline  
post #2490 of 3358 Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
wpwj40e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdjpvaz View Post
Thanks so much- anyone have an opinion on the relative size difference on an 82 vs 85? Is this noticeable from about 10 feet? Also 82 Q80R Samsung appears to be +- 1k less- don't understand that!
Yes it is noticeable from 10ft away. The 85 is the winner!
wpwj40e is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
sony 950g 85"

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off