Samsung Launches 2019 QLED Lineup - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 528Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,663
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8925 Post(s)
Liked: 15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_DaveB View Post
They are likely to have grayish blacks just like the Sony Z9F due to the new "Ultra Viewing Angle" feature.
Not that I have seen so far. Hands-on coming soon...

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Viewing angles are much wider, while maintaining VA LCD contrast levels. Seen in person, the 2019 QLEDs are a significant leap forward in picture quality. Also the anti-reflective coating is now astonishingly effective. In terms of progress, there's no brick wall. It may be FALD, but the picture quality of these TVs speaks for itself.
They are touting their own variant of sony's X wide Angle technology, though sony's technology comes at a cost. For someone viewing front on and in a darkened room, what really improved? None of these lcd's with dimming set to maximum can come to the contrast of an oled or a jvc. Same old few hundred dimmable zones.
Menarini is offline  
post #33 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tenthplanet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, West of desert
Posts: 5,907
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2054 Post(s)
Liked: 2916
I remember those old FALD tv's with the dimmable zones. 10 years ago it was FALD =FAIL, most people wanted nothing to do with them. A lot has changed in 10 years.

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
tenthplanet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,701
Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12574 Post(s)
Liked: 11748
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_to_4K View Post
OLED owner here. Did demo and video test on Q9FN and Sony 900F last week. Seriously considering 75" Q90 as my next tv.
The Cnet review by David Katzmaier went under the radar in December. Hes notoriously an lcd hater, and loves the oled tech. But he was pretty impressed by the Q9FN, choosing it over the Z9F and Vizio PQ in his side by side setup. He still prefers the oled, but says it's the closest he's seen. The 2019 version sounds to improve on its short comings.

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/samsung...medium=twitter

75Q9FN* Panny UB820 fed into Oppo203*Denon X4200 * S9+*

75Q9FN*55C8OLED*Galaxy S10+ *Ub820 fed into Oppo 203* XB1X* 4k Denon X4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #35 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,663
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8925 Post(s)
Liked: 15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
They are touting their own variant of sony's X wide Angle technology, though sony's technology comes at a cost. For someone viewing front on and in a darkened room, what really improved? None of these lcd's with dimming set to maximum can come to the contrast of an oled or a jvc. Same old few hundred dimmable zones.
It looks better compared to last year's offering, simple as that. Therefore, improved.

IMO the contrast is good enough and the added screen size makes a real difference. JVC projector contrast is conceptually nice but requires a dedicated, blacked-out room and even then all the action is in the shadows, highlights still have to be heavily tonemapped.

OLED is great but so is an 82" or a 98" QLED because size matters too.

Anyhow, the new QLEDs perform well in totally dark rooms. That's not a technical discussion type thing, it's something that can be observed and understood easily by just looking at one.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #36 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
It looks like a couple of people mention lack of HDMI 2.1. Is this just because its missing from the article, or has confirmed this will not be am option? If the 8K models are getting a OCB with an HDMI 2.1 upgrade, I wonder if that will be an option for the 4K models.

I really wanted to consider an upgrade this year, but some of the features of HDMI 2.1 are important to me (eARC, potential for higher frame rates when gaming, etc.). I know Sony is not offering this in their line up this year, but I was hoping Samsung would follow LG's lead and at least offer it in their higher end QLED models. The care required for OLEDs still makes me a bit nervous, and I know they are not as bright as an LED, which may not make it the ideal choice for my situation. Plus I think Samsung makes the sexiest TVs (I know this is weird to say about a TV).

Last edited by benboy12; 02-11-2019 at 03:16 PM.
benboy12 is offline  
post #37 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,663
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8925 Post(s)
Liked: 15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy12 View Post
It looks like a couple of people mention lack of HDMI 2.1. Is this just because its missing from the article, or has confirmed this will not be am option? If the 8K models are getting a OCB with an HDMI 2.1 upgrade, I wonder if that will be an option for the 4K models.

I really wanted to consider an upgrade this year, but some of the features of HDMI 2.1 are important to me (eARC, potential for higher frame rates when gaming, etc.). I know Sony is not offering this in their line up this year, but I was hoping Samsung would follow LG's lead and at least offer it in their higher end QLED models.
The press materials I received today do not explicitly discuss the full HDMI feature set. I will have a hands-on session soon.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #38 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
The upgrade system is crap. There are a few threads on it. I would completely ignore it.
I have looked and can't find anything on it, positive or negative. If I go the Samsung direction, I would definitely want to consider the upgrade program (based on the terms on their website).
benboy12 is offline  
post #39 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:14 PM
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 1,004
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
It looks better compared to last year's offering, simple as that. Therefore, improved.

IMO the contrast is good enough and the added screen size makes a real difference. JVC projector contrast is conceptually nice but requires a dedicated, blacked-out room and even then all the action is in the shadows, highlights still have to be heavily tonemapped.

OLED is great but so is an 82" or a 98" QLED because size matters too.

Anyhow, the new QLEDs perform well in totally dark rooms. That's not a technical discussion type thing, it's something that can be observed and understood easily by just looking at one.
Good enough is rather vague and can mean different things to people depending on their tolerance level and expectation. I for one did not even find sony z9d 'good enough' in a theater room with hdr content, so im sure something like the q90 isn't impressing me either.
By now, there should (at least) have been lcd's using a grid of like 10000 miniature led's where each led acts as its own zone and have precise aiming to minimize light spillage. Instead we are still stuck with lcd's just packing in a couple hundred zones and advertising amazing picture quality and oled like blacks. Couldn't you get a fald with a couple hundred zones in like 2010, and here we close to the turn of the next decade and lcd's are still stuck there. They haven't evolved on this front in any meaningul way after all these years. And it was this lack of innovation that drove me away toward oled.
Samsung needs that quantum dot oled that they have been R&D'ing to be relevant in my home gain (or a single tiled seamless emissive led ,though that's a long ways off). With these qleds, I would expect a lot more in terms of PQ for the price samsung charges (especially for 75" and > models), and considering that a 65" lg oled can be had for around 3000 USD. For people who find these qleds 'good enough' for the price, well all i can say is good luck and enjoy.
OLED4UNME and JediMindTrick like this.
Menarini is offline  
post #40 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Lorderl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
I will have a hands-on session soon.
Estimated timeframe?

Display: Samsung LN55B650
AVR: Denon 2809ci
Players: OPPO BDP-83 || Streaming: Amazon Fire TV || Kindle Fire HD8
Speakers: Paradigm Studio 20v3 || CC-570v3 || ADP-470v3
Sub: JTR Captivator 2400ULF-10hz
Lorderl is offline  
post #41 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,663
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8925 Post(s)
Liked: 15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
Good enough is rather vague and can mean different things to people depending on their tolerance level and expectation. I for one did not even find sony z9d 'good enough' in a theater room with hdr content, so im sure something like the q90 isn't impressing me either.
By now, there should (at least) have been lcd's using a grid of like 10000 miniature led's where each led acts as its own zone and have precise aiming to minimize light spillage. Instead we are still stuck with lcd's just packing in a couple hundred zones and advertising amazing picture quality and oled like blacks. Couldn't you get a fald with a couple hundred zones in like 2010, and here we close to the turn of the next decade and lcd's are still stuck there. They haven't evolved on this front in any meaningul way after all these years. And it was this lack of innovation that drove me away toward oled.
Samsung needs that quantum dot oled that they have been R&D'ing to be relevant in my home gain (or a single tiled seamless emissive led ,though that's a long ways off). With these qleds, I would expect a lot more in terms of PQ for the price samsung charges (especially for 75" and > models), and considering that a 65" lg oled can be had for around 3000 USD. For people who find these qleds 'good enough' for the price, well all i can say is good luck and enjoy.
Exactly... I can't speak to an individual, and as you note expectations vary.

Actually, the quality for the size vs. price ratio for the larger models is exactly what's appealing about this batch of TVs.

You don't need luck to enjoy one of these TVs, just a comfortable seat.
Mikejl likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #42 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,701
Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12574 Post(s)
Liked: 11748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
Good enough is rather vague and can mean different things to people depending on their tolerance level and expectation. I for one did not even find sony z9d 'good enough' in a theater room with hdr content, so im sure something like the q90 isn't impressing me either.

By now, there should (at least) have been lcd's using a grid of like 10000 miniature led's where each led acts as its own zone and have precise aiming to minimize light spillage. Instead we are still stuck with lcd's just packing in a couple hundred zones and advertising amazing picture quality and oled like blacks. Couldn't you get a fald with a couple hundred zones in like 2010, and here we close to the turn of the next decade and lcd's are still stuck there. They haven't evolved on this front in any meaningul way after all these years. And it was this lack of innovation that drove me away toward oled.

Samsung needs that quantum dot oled that they have been R&D'ing to be relevant in my home gain (or a single tiled seamless emissive led ,though that's a long ways off). With these qleds, I would expect a lot more in terms of PQ for the price samsung charges (especially for 75" and > models), and considering that a 65" lg oled can be had for around 3000 USD. For people who find these qleds 'good enough' for the price, well all i can say is good luck and enjoy.
I agree I think the step into 1000s of LEDs should happen sooner rather than later. I believe TCL or Hisense will have mini LEDs this year. 1 of them showed off a 5000 zone 65".

I'm sure the Z9D is good, but I also think it's contrast is overrated.

This picture has a Z9D up top, looks a little washed out. If I told you that was an OLED underneath it, would you believe it?

75Q9FN* Panny UB820 fed into Oppo203*Denon X4200 * S9+*

75Q9FN*55C8OLED*Galaxy S10+ *Ub820 fed into Oppo 203* XB1X* 4k Denon X4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
ray0414 is offline  
post #43 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
They are touting their own variant of sony's X wide Angle technology, though sony's technology comes at a cost. For someone viewing front on and in a darkened room, what really improved? None of these lcd's with dimming set to maximum can come to the contrast of an oled or a jvc. Same old few hundred dimmable zones.
Please go away and allow those unbiased to type to discuss new product. Vincent preferred the Q90f to an OLED in a dimly lit room. We all need to wait but don't leave that OLED on pause while doing so.
Rudy1 and flyboy2160 like this.

Last edited by js950; 02-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.
js950 is offline  
post #44 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 554
They raved about the Q9FN last year as well, but the mid tier 900F that I just replaced my 75” Q9FN with throws a much better image overall. Unless Samsung fixed the seriously flawed FALD system in last years Q9FN I would steer well clear.
CaptinCrunch likes this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is online now  
post #45 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
They raved about the Q9FN last year as well, but the mid tier 900F that I just replaced my 75” Q9FN with throws a much better image overall. Unless Samsung fixed the seriously flawed FALD system in last years Q9FN I would steer well clear.
We need to wait and see but they've claimed to have addressed it. They've done well with FALD in the past so these are more choices than any inability. Sounds like the scaling/processing has improved. My biggest concern is how they deal with motion.
js950 is offline  
post #46 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Member
 
mitohobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18


HDMI 2.1 support confirmed by Samsung Care Pro rep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaverJ and Sunbringer like this.
mitohobe is offline  
post #47 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitohobe View Post


HDMI 2.1 support confirmed by Samsung Care Pro rep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which model(s) did you inquire about?
benboy12 is offline  
post #48 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
They raved about the Q9FN last year as well, but the mid tier 900F that I just replaced my 75” Q9FN with throws a much better image overall. Unless Samsung fixed the seriously flawed FALD system in last years Q9FN I would steer well clear.

Can you elaborate? Better how?
srkmish is offline  
post #49 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by js950 View Post
We need to wait and see but they've claimed to have addressed it. They've done well with FALD in the past so these are more choices than any inability. Sounds like the scaling/processing has improved. My biggest concern is how they deal with motion.
Actually, motion was the second reason that I decided trade in my Q9FN. Sony is still tops in motion handling for sure.

The Q9FN was definitely better with motion than my LG C8 OLED though. Hockey on my C8 is hard to watch.

Samsung 82” Q90R * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is online now  
post #50 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Member
 
mitohobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy12 View Post
Which model(s) did you inquire about?


The whole Q90 series which includes 65’ and 75’.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mitohobe is offline  
post #51 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dr.Shankenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kansas city
Posts: 2,444
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowja View Post
Any indication on the Serif release? I don't see it listed at B&H. It's disappointing that it's only coming in the 55in size, I was under the impression that 43 and 49in versions would also be offered.
55" is a very popular size for consumers, so they may be all they have listed at the moment.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Dr.Shankenstein is online now  
post #52 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Member
 
mitohobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Trying to obtain tech sheet from rep at the moment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mitohobe is offline  
post #53 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitohobe View Post
The whole Q90 series which includes 65’ and 75’.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If this turns out to be true, and the set gets positive reviews, I am sold
benboy12 is offline  
post #54 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
js950's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 293
So, is the Q90 the only model with wide viewing angle? Nice that the q70 is getting FALD.
js950 is offline  
post #55 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 16,701
Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12574 Post(s)
Liked: 11748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
They raved about the Q9FN last year as well, but the mid tier 900F that I just replaced my 75” Q9FN with throws a much better image overall. Unless Samsung fixed the seriously flawed FALD system in last years Q9FN I would steer well clear.

Moving up 10" in size though can change alter ones perspective. IMO the Q9FN requires some external help to get the most out of the TV, particularly with the crush.
ray0414 is offline  
post #56 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 4,336
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that pricing for a 4K 82" UHDTV from Samsung is amazing !
I had to check out the B&H website as i could not believe the price you posted.

I would say that this year Samsung has thrown down the gauntlet insofar as pricing these extra large LCD 4K panels and if Sony et al doesn't match such msrp Samsung will have this entire segment of the market all for itself.
Competition is so sweet....
Really? Almost $7k for an 82" lcd, didn't Sony come out with a 85" for $5k this past year? Doesn't sound so amazing to me.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
Latinoheat is offline  
post #57 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Member
 
mitohobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harker Heights, TX
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18


Bad news.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sunbringer likes this.
mitohobe is offline  
post #58 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,982
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
Can you elaborate? Better how?
Far more stable FALD system; better motion handling; better upscaling

I find the Sony just as bright in real use as well. The Q9FN brightness is overrated. I don’t care if it can hit 2000 nits if it can’t sustain it for more than 2 seconds.
Gillietalls likes this.

Samsung 82” Q90R * Denon X4500H * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is online now  
post #59 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,663
Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8925 Post(s)
Liked: 15731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitohobe View Post


HDMI 2.1 support confirmed by Samsung Care Pro rep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have asked for confirmation from higher up the ladder...

Edit... I saw the follow-up, that's the risk of asking these question to online chat reps.
mitohobe likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 02-11-2019 at 06:54 PM.
imagic is online now  
post #60 of 789 Old 02-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
tubers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Far more stable FALD system; better motion handling; better upscaling

I find the Sony just as bright in real use as well. The Q9FN brightness is overrated. I don’t care if it can hit 2000 nits if it can’t sustain it for more than 2 seconds.
IIRC there was a 30 min video of rtings q9 vs x900f. Sony has better "real peak brightness"? Does that mean samsung is only better at test slides?

Is there a chance Samsung will completely get rid of global dimming and crushed blacks?
tubers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off