2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 330Likes

post #271 of 731 Old 04-12-2019, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
I'm curious how close it will get.... More zones is going to be better but ultimately you can't localize a light source too much without makings it focused. And you can't focus it without making it defined. Defined back lights would have major DSE or other lighting issues. Basically even a tiny pin sized led would cast a ring if light and the is necessary for it to blend in with the other lights and create a smooth even backlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, won't be 100% OLED but I think it'll be close enough for most. I'm curious what they will cost? OLED prices are coming down quickly so they will have to compete with that. We are 2 black Fridays from a 65 inch OLED for 1,500 bucks in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 731 Old 04-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Send a message via AIM to Bahn Yuki Send a message via MSN to Bahn Yuki Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn Yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
I figured $2200-$2400, and I'd wait until they inevitably go on sale for around 1500.

That is why I said I'd wait. The miniLEDS don't cover every pixel, but TCL claims 300% more zones then the 6 series, so going by the 75" with 170, that means the 8 will have 680 for the 75". I want to see how things pan out. I'd get the extra long, extended warranty.
I'm waiting for the 8 series myself. I have a LG OLED65C7 for dolby vision and a TCL 55P605 for console gaming to hold me over until then.

I've heard rumors they plan on making announcement on pricing/availability this month. I hope it's true and that the screens are released with some form of VRR. Perhaps afterwards we can make an anticipation thread?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JVC RS400, Denon X6300H, Klipsch RP-280F x 2, RP-450C, RB-51 II x 2, RS-42 II x 2, RB-41 II x 2, R-150M in 7.1.4, 150" Silver Ticket
LG 77C9, Denon X4300H, Klipsch RF-26 x 2, RC-52 II, Onkyo speakers in 5.1.4 setup
TCL 55P605, Klipsch 2.1 Certified THX speakers
Sony 34XBR960 x 2

Last edited by Bahn Yuki; 04-12-2019 at 11:10 AM.
post #273 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 256
OK, so I did an exchange on my 75R615 and I think this panel is much better than the last one. The screen seems more uniform and while I still see the one side being a little less dark than the other I think I determined that it is just a case of being slightly off angle and losing just a little bit of saturation. It does not seems as bad so I think I will be able to live with. I have not done the white scale settings yet as I have not hooked it up to the network to keep it from updating to OS9 so I am hoping it gets better when I can do that part of the setup. I was holding off on OS9 due to some people saying it messed up DV but others say it didn't do anything so I may update it tonight so I can link it the TV to the app so I can do the advanced picture settings.

One thing I will say comparing this to my buddies Sony 950G that he just got and had me come over to help hang, hook up and do a quick calibration (from Rtings website) is that it seemed to have a lot of blooming...considerably more than what I see on my TCL with the same material. Two things that stood out was when loading Netflix, when the red N comes up during the loading screen there was a fairly large red halo around the N and then when we loaded something and the HDR logo appeared in the upper corner almost the whole corner was white. Now I will say I get slight halos in these instances too but nothing compared to the Sony.

The funny part is when he got his 950G he was actually going into Best Buy to buy a TCL 75 6 series and my guess is that he let one of the salesman talk him into the more expensive TV. He told me that he thought the 75" would be too big for his wall which is why he opted for the smaller 65" 950G but I think he wanted to pair a Sony TV up with his Sony AVR. As much as I want to point that out to him as I think he would like the TCL picture especially with it being about $800 cheaper, I don't want him thinking I am trashing his TV decision so since it does not appear to bother him I will leave well enough alone and let him enjoy his TV.
sk373 and Matt2026 like this.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post
OK, so I did an exchange on my 75R615 and I think this panel is much better than the last one. The screen seems more uniform and while I still see the one side being a little less dark than the other I think I determined that it is just a case of being slightly off angle and losing just a little bit of saturation. It does not seems as bad so I think I will be able to live with. I have not done the white scale settings yet as I have not hooked it up to the network to keep it from updating to OS9 so I am hoping it gets better when I can do that part of the setup. I was holding off on OS9 due to some people saying it messed up DV but others say it didn't do anything so I may update it tonight so I can link it the TV to the app so I can do the advanced picture settings.

One thing I will say comparing this to my buddies Sony 950G that he just got and had me come over to help hang, hook up and do a quick calibration (from Rtings website) is that it seemed to have a lot of blooming...considerably more than what I see on my TCL with the same material. Two things that stood out was when loading Netflix, when the red N comes up during the loading screen there was a fairly large red halo around the N and then when we loaded something and the HDR logo appeared in the upper corner almost the whole corner was white. Now I will say I get slight halos in these instances too but nothing compared to the Sony.

The funny part is when he got his 950G he was actually going into Best Buy to buy a TCL 75 6 series and my guess is that he let one of the salesman talk him into the more expensive TV. He told me that he thought the 75" would be too big for his wall which is why he opted for the smaller 65" 950G but I think he wanted to pair a Sony TV up with his Sony AVR. As much as I want to point that out to him as I think he would like the TCL picture especially with it being about $800 cheaper, I don't want him thinking I am trashing his TV decision so since it does not appear to bother him I will leave well enough alone and let him enjoy his TV.

If he's interested let him come see yours if he's still in the return window.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D

Gaming and VR videos: www.youtube.com/user/Devedander
post #275 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If he's interested let him come see yours if he's still in the return window.

I may do that today. He bought it on April 3rd and I do not think he is elite so that means he only has until the 17th to return it.

Ed
Panasonic 65ST60, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.2, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

post #276 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahn Yuki View Post
I'm waiting for the 8 series myself. I have a LG OLED65C7 for dolby vision and a TCL 55P605 for console gaming to hold me over until then.

I've heard rumors they plan on making announcement on pricing/availability this month. I hope it's true and that the screens are released with some form of VRR. Perhaps afterwards we can make an anticipation thread?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I'm curious to see how the 8 series will handle screen reflections. The 2018 TCL models didn't fare so well in RTINGs' reflection tests, and unfortunately that's a major consideration in my TV room.
post #277 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I may do that today. He bought it on April 3rd and I do not think he is elite so that means he only has until the 17th to return it.

If the tv costs enough it might make him Elite in it's own

Smigro likes this.

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

post #278 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kuul A View Post
I'm curious to see how the 8 series will handle screen reflections. The 2018 TCL models didn't fare so well in RTINGs' reflection tests, and unfortunately that's a major consideration in my TV room.

Yeah this is a spot where the vizio p series won out over the TCL in my book. I hope they improve it

DJ Kuul A likes this.

post #279 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kuul A View Post
While speculation of new models is always fun. This is 75 inch 6 series thread. There is a thread that was started the other day for the 8 series.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post57899692
DJ Kuul A and mlgreen like this.
post #280 of 731 Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
OK, so I did an exchange on my 75R615 and I think this panel is much better than the last one.
Spoiler!

Glad that you got a better panel!

Rather than invite him to check out your TCL, invite him over to see how a 75 inch TV isn't really that big.

For those of you who play video games, I rented Spider-Man for the PS4 and WOW, it looks downright Amazing on this TV. I found myself using photo mode quite a bit. I love changing the wallpaper on the PS4 menu so I now have enough to last me a while.

I didn't play much of the story (saving that for when I buy the game) but just swinging around is a blast.
Smigro likes this.

TV: TCL 75R615
Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR787 running in a 5.4.4 configuration
Speakers: Polk T Series
Subwoofers: Dual SVS PB12-NSD and dual SVS PB-1000.
Gaming Systems: PlayStation 4 Pro and Nintendo Switch.
post #281 of 731 Old 04-16-2019, 04:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If the tv costs enough it might make him Elite in it's own

If he is not elite now though he does not have the extended return window though I believe he only has 14 days from date of purchase to return it which would be tomorrow. He got a Sony 65x950G which I believe is like $2,200 so he will no doubt be elite next year.

Ed

post #282 of 731 Old 04-16-2019, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
If he is not elite now though he does not have the extended return window though I believe he only has 14 days from date of purchase to return it which would be tomorrow. He got a Sony 65x950G which I believe is like $2,200 so he will no doubt be elite next year.
His mileage may vary, but I was not elite when I bought the TV, but obviously received elite status after purchase. Then, exactly 30 days after purchase I went in for a price adjustment, and they gave it to me no questions asked. Supposedly, the price adjustment policy is tied to the return policy - at least in terms of timing.

Video: TCL 75R615 TV, LG UBK90 UHD BR Player, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB
Audio: Onkyo TX-SR805 Silver (Still going strong!), Rega RP1 w/Performance Pack Turntable, Vincent PHO 8 Phono Stage, Logitech Squeezebox Touch
post #283 of 731 Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMLewis View Post
His mileage may vary, but I was not elite when I bought the TV, but obviously received elite status after purchase. Then, exactly 30 days after purchase I went in for a price adjustment, and they gave it to me no questions asked. Supposedly, the price adjustment policy is tied to the return policy - at least in terms of timing.
That is good to know, was not sure if it would go effective mid year or not.

Ed

post #284 of 731 Old 04-16-2019, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I've had the TV installed since Friday last week. So far so good.

I think I lucked out on the uniformity issues. There are none on my sample. (Yes I did a white screen test.)

My wife thought I was nuts for wanting such a large TV. And she just kept saying "Damn that's a large TV on the wall." But I also asked her, "Should I return it and get a 65"? She was like "No way." She couldn't believe the improvement in picture quality from my 8 year old LG 46" panel.

I was critical watching with "A series of unfortunate events" season 2 on Netflix last night (Dolby Vision). The colors, gradients, and highlights were subtle but very distinct without being artificially "blooming or saturated" The entire series is honestly meant to be gloom.

I'm a little disappointed FandangoNow doesn't support HDR or Dolby Vision.
Smigro and sk373 like this.

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.

Last edited by DigitalGriffin; 04-16-2019 at 12:55 PM.
post #285 of 731 Old 04-16-2019, 12:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

On a side note:

I CANNOT recommend the Echogear large articulating mount. The Tilt Mechanism does NOT have enough clamping force to hold the TV vertically upright even though it's rated for 125 lbs. I tightened down both screw ends and it still gave way on me. I finally installed a 5/8" carriage bolt as a secondary backup. It made me nervous as it nearly hit me on the head the first time.

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.
post #286 of 731 Old 04-16-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGriffin View Post
On a side note:

I CANNOT recommend the Echogear large articulating mount. The Tilt Mechanism does NOT have enough clamping force to hold the TV vertically upright even though it's rated for 125 lbs. I tightened down both screw ends and it still gave way on me. I finally installed a 5/8" carriage bolt as a secondary backup. It made me nervous as it nearly hit me on the head the first time.
That is rough, glad nothing happened to your or your new set. I only ever buy my wall mounts from Monoprice and I have never had an issue with one.

Ed

post #287 of 731 Old 04-17-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So I watched a couple episodes of One Strange Rock on Netflix last and again this TV continues to look great. There was a segment where Will Smith was talking with a bright white background and black foreground and it looked phenomenal...the white background was bright white and did not show any signs of DSE and Smith's silhouette was inky black to my eyes. I was really impressed with this and the other content during the episode was again so pleasing to the eye. It is my buddies account and I do not think he has Netflix 4K (not sure though as I get the DV logo in the upper right but not sure if that always comes up regardless of whether you have a 4K or HD Netflix account) which makes me that much happier that I am so pleased with the PQ. Anyone know if the HDR/DV logo appears regardless of whether or not your have a 4K Netflix account or inly if you have a 4K account?

On Sunday I was rewatching some of the GoT reruns on HBO through my PS Vue TV service and again I was really pleased. In the episode where everyone is meeting to talk about the truce Cersi's black attire was inky as could be and Jamie's armor just looked so badass. Being that I am streaming I did not think the picture would look as good as it did which again made me happy. I had a couple people over for the season premeier on Sunday and everyone was really surprised how well the TV looked for being a budget priced 75" TV.

So for as much as I try to nitpick it to find faults (dirty whites, grayish blacks, motion issues, etc.) I am having a hard time finding anything about this set that makes it inferior to the Panny 65ST60 that it replaced. If there has to be one thing I guess it would be that the blacks do turn slightly grey if you are a little off angle but it is not really that bad and something that I can live with. Now I am elite at Best Buy so I have until the end of the month in case something starts happening but I honestly think I am going to keep this TV.

Just figured I would post more of my thoughts about this set for people pondering getting one.
tackhouse1, pandaconda and sk373 like this.

Ed

post #288 of 731 Old 04-17-2019, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
So I watched a couple episodes of One Strange Rock on Netflix last and again this TV continues to look great. There was a segment where Will Smith was talking with a bright white background and black foreground and it looked phenomenal...the white background was bright white and did not show any signs of DSE and Smith's silhouette was inky black to my eyes. I was really impressed with this and the other content during the episode was again so pleasing to the eye. It is my buddies account and I do not think he has Netflix 4K (not sure though as I get the DV logo in the upper right but not sure if that always comes up regardless of whether you have a 4K or HD Netflix account) which makes me that much happier that I am so pleased with the PQ. Anyone know if the HDR/DV logo appears regardless of whether or not your have a 4K Netflix account or inly if you have a 4K account?

On Sunday I was rewatching some of the GoT reruns on HBO through my PS Vue TV service and again I was really pleased. In the episode where everyone is meeting to talk about the truce Cersi's black attire was inky as could be and Jamie's armor just looked so badass. Being that I am streaming I did not think the picture would look as good as it did which again made me happy. I had a couple people over for the season premeier on Sunday and everyone was really surprised how well the TV looked for being a budget priced 75" TV.

So for as much as I try to nitpick it to find faults (dirty whites, grayish blacks, motion issues, etc.) I am having a hard time finding anything about this set that makes it inferior to the Panny 65ST60 that it replaced. If there has to be one thing I guess it would be that the blacks do turn slightly grey if you are a little off angle but it is not really that bad and something that I can live with. Now I am elite at Best Buy so I have until the end of the month in case something starts happening but I honestly think I am going to keep this TV.

Just figured I would post more of my thoughts about this set for people pondering getting one.
I also have PS Vue and I was wondering how live sports programming looks. I'm strongly considering this TV in the near future.
post #289 of 731 Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac8888 View Post
I also have PS Vue and I was wondering how live sports programming looks. I'm strongly considering this TV in the near future.
I have not really watched a lot of hockey but plan to as I would imagine that would be the torture test due to fast pace to check for motion issues and white ice to look for DSE. Other than that I have watched some MLB, NBA and Golf and they have all looked pretty good. Since I have a splitter on my PS4 I had my living room TV and theater room TV playing the same content and kept going from room to room so see if I could see any difference between the plasma and LED and surprisingly both looked fairly close when it came to black level performance and color reproduction.

Ed

post #290 of 731 Old 04-18-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Yeah I guess I was wrong about the viewing angle deal ...
I'm pretty sure TCL claimed that. I guess they could always be switching to IPS for mini-LED, since the higher number / smaller zones would make black level performance less important.
Hetfieldjames likes this.
post #291 of 731 Old 04-18-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is it worth it to pay the $100 extra for the version with the WiFi remote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #292 of 731 Old 04-18-2019, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgreen View Post

Being that I believe you can get the Wifi remote from Roku or eBay for about $30 I would think not.
tackhouse1 likes this.

Ed

post #293 of 731 Old 04-19-2019, 03:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgreen View Post

Being that I believe you can get the Wifi remote from Roku or eBay for about $30 I would think not.
Thanks, it took me awhile to realize that it was the Roku TV Voice Remote that is the Wi-Fi model as opposed to the IR basic.
Smigro likes this.
post #294 of 731 Old 04-19-2019, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
My understanding is that the DV logo will only pop up when DV content is playing, and Netflix will only show DV/HDR with the 4K plan, so it would seem that your friend is paying for the top tier subscription
Smigro likes this.

Video: TCL 75R617
Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA L/R, RP-450C Center, RP-250S Surrounds
Subwoofer: Dual Monolith 15" THX Ultra's
post #295 of 731 Old 04-19-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I had a question on a few of the Advanced picture settings:

Quote:
• Action smoothing – Only on select models: Adjusts the amount of action smoothing applied to the video signal. A higher setting results in more smoothing, but can cause undesirable picture artifacts in certain types of content. Each Picture mode has a different Action smoothing default setting.

• Action clarity – Only on select 120Hz models: Reduces blur, especially for fastmoving images such as sports.

• LED action clarity – Only on select models: Reduces motion blur caused by LED backlight latency. Enabling this feature inserts black frames between picture frames in a way that improves the clarity of fast movement. It provides an improved viewing experience for video games and sporting events. When LED action clarity is enabled, the Brightness and Dynamic contrast settings are disabled.
You can choose settings of Low, Medium, High, or Off to achieve the desired picture quality. Enabling Game mode sets LED action clarity to Medium
The above^ is from the TCL user's manual and didn't really help my understanding. I feel like I know what Action Smoothing is, for me it is what would produce the soap-opera effect. But Action Clarity and LED action clarity are still a bit of a mystery to me,

I also thought the "Only on select 120Hz models" note was interesting. My previous 55R617 did not have this setting, my 75R617 does. I know the topic of if the 75R617/5 is a true 120Hz panel or not has been beaten to death and the consensus is that it is a 60Hz native panel, but I found this comment interesting.

Video: TCL 75R617
Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA L/R, RP-450C Center, RP-250S Surrounds
Subwoofer: Dual Monolith 15" THX Ultra's
post #296 of 731 Old 04-19-2019, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackhouse1 View Post
I had a question on a few of the Advanced picture settings:

The above^ is from the TCL user's manual and didn't really help my understanding. I feel like I know what Action Smoothing is, for me it is what would produce the soap-opera effect. But Action Clarity and LED action clarity are still a bit of a mystery to me,

I also thought the "Only on select 120Hz models" note was interesting. My previous 55R617 did not have this setting, my 75R617 does. I know the topic of if the 75R617/5 is a true 120Hz panel or not has been beaten to death and the consensus is that it is a 60Hz native panel, but I found this comment interesting.

Not sure about action clarity but led action clarity strobes the back light.

I find it useless as it significantly dims the picture and I can see the strobe

post #297 of 731 Old 04-19-2019, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3828 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by tackhouse1 View Post
… I also thought the "Only on select 120Hz models" note was interesting. My previous 55R617 did not have this setting, my 75R617 does. I know the topic of if the 75R617/5 is a true 120Hz panel or not has been beaten to death and the consensus is that it is a 60Hz native panel, but I found this comment interesting.
TCL has included this wording in the latest user guides for all 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-Series models, so it's most likely just future proof generic wording in anticipation of upcoming native 120 Hz models.
tackhouse1 likes this.
post #298 of 731 Old 04-21-2019, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Weird horizontal issues

I have the Best-Buy version of this TV for about seven weeks now. It has terrific picture quality in my opinion. However, I am now seeing worrisome issues now that I am out of my direct return period.

Seemingly randomly, horizontal strips of the screen about 5-8 inches tall will start to flash more and less bright, will show thin horizontal lines, and will cause the video in those strips to become out of sync with the unaffected areas of the screen. It will start with just the thin lines, then will quickly progress to multiple rows showing all of the above issues in less than a minute. This happens regardless of input source or signal, and in fact will happen even when browsing the TV menus.

I'm running Roku OS 9.0.0, but I think I recall seeing the issue start prior to that update. Only a hard system restart using the menu will make it go away... but it always comes back eventually, sometimes days later, unpredictably. I can't say any one thing triggers it.

So, do I have a bad panel? Has anyone seen this on this model or other TCL models? If it's a bad panel and covered under warranty, how does TCL generally handle it?
post #299 of 731 Old 04-21-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Maxlow View Post
I have the Best-Buy version of this TV for about seven weeks now. It has terrific picture quality in my opinion. However, I am now seeing worrisome issues now that I am out of my direct return period.

Seemingly randomly, horizontal strips of the screen about 5-8 inches tall will start to flash more and less bright, will show thin horizontal lines, and will cause the video in those strips to become out of sync with the unaffected areas of the screen. It will start with just the thin lines, then will quickly progress to multiple rows showing all of the above issues in less than a minute. This happens regardless of input source or signal, and in fact will happen even when browsing the TV menus.

I'm running Roku OS 9.0.0, but I think I recall seeing the issue start prior to that update. Only a hard system restart using the menu will make it go away... but it always comes back eventually, sometimes days later, unpredictably. I can't say any one thing triggers it.

So, do I have a bad panel? Has anyone seen this on this model or other TCL models? If it's a bad panel and covered under warranty, how does TCL generally handle it?

Yeah that doesn't sound good.

post #300 of 731 Old 04-22-2019, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You can't get the wifi remote to work with the 615. IT's based on bluetooth wireless. And the 615 series does not have a blue tooth module to work with the remote.

That said you can use the phone app just fine if you want wireless. And the phone app offers audio over the wireless network now. Something the remote doesn't.
mlgreen likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page