2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 191Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #391 of 458 Old 05-21-2019, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
 
p3trol_h3ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Rican View Post
After about a month with this 75" TV, the one thing I can notice and the best way to describe it is - on solid colored backgrounds, like the blue sky, the green putting green, etc I can see slight 'jail bars' going vertically top-to-bottom on the screen. Is this what DSE is? Or maybe this is a uniformity issue?

I only see it in same-colored backgrounds. I do not plan to exchange the set. I'm happy with my purchase. Still trying to decide if wi-fi remote from the non-best buy edition is worth it. And of course does it work with this tv?
That is referred to as "banding" and it's unfortunately just part of most TV's these days. OLED seem to have it the worst. Typically, the higher end TV's (other than OLED) hide it better. As you've said, it's really only noticeable during full screen solid color shots.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
p3trol_h3ad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #392 of 458 Old 05-21-2019, 08:52 AM
Member
 
pandaconda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Rican View Post
After about a month with this 75" TV, the one thing I can notice and the best way to describe it is - on solid colored backgrounds, like the blue sky, the green putting green, etc I can see slight 'jail bars' going vertically top-to-bottom on the screen. Is this what DSE is? Or maybe this is a uniformity issue?

I only see it in same-colored backgrounds. I do not plan to exchange the set. I'm happy with my purchase. Still trying to decide if wi-fi remote from the non-best buy edition is worth it. And of course does it work with this tv?
Yep, that's definitely exactly what DSE is. Also, DSE generally does fall under "uniformity issues", with others being dim/bright corners, backlight bleed from the edges on IPS display, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Rican View Post
what is the best sports setting for motion? I keep playing with the LED Clarity, and the two others for basketball, but motion still not as good as my plasma - I realize it will never be, but curious which settings you use on Hi, Med, Low and/or Off.

I am also trying to figure out those settings for gaming.
The only sport I've watched so far is hockey, and I've decided I like Action Smoothing turned to High (even though I definitely hate any smoothing for movies and TV shows). I put Natural Cinema on High too, but I'm not as sure about that one as it doesn't seem to do as much as Action Smoothing. I leave LED Motion Clarity off though... that's the setting that flickers the backlight to clear up motion, but my eyes can't really tolerate any kind of flickering so it's always distracting or even mildly nauseating to me. It must work better for other people though or so many TV makers wouldn't bother.

Also, sorry to everyone asking about color stuff... I'm not ignoring you I just haven't messed with anything in the app yet. Color is maybe the only area I'm not super picky about, so I just turn the warmth up to eliminate out-of-the-box blueness and so far both hockey and HDR movies are looking great to me color-wise. At some point I do plan to sit down and do a non-scientific pseudo-calibration with colors though.
pandaconda is offline  
post #393 of 458 Old 05-23-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Defcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,902
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked: 858
SD content, esp low bitrate videos look really bad with lots of pixellation. Is this expected on a screen this big or is this the bad upscaling in TCL? Is there any workaround? I remember a few years ago the Pioneer receiver had a great upscaler (Marvell Qdeo if I remember).

I watch quite a bit of Sd from various streaming services (like old British tv serials etc) so this is important.
Defcon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #394 of 458 Old 05-23-2019, 02:06 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,317
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8913 Post(s)
Liked: 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
SD content, esp low bitrate videos look really bad with lots of pixellation. Is this expected on a screen this big or is this the bad upscaling in TCL? Is there any workaround? I remember a few years ago the Pioneer receiver had a great upscaler (Marvell Qdeo if I remember).



I watch quite a bit of Sd from various streaming services (like old British tv serials etc) so this is important.
Pixelation should not be from the TV but from the source. And if you are talking about low bitrate video, that is what they can do since the bitrate is so low.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

53TB unRAID2--49TB unRAID3--45TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #395 of 458 Old 05-31-2019, 01:33 PM
Newbie
 
turner3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got mine about 3 weeks ago, and have been nothing but thrilled. No DSE, tiny amount of blooming in super-dark screens with small bright spots, but perfectly acceptable. I have heard people complaining about the built-in sound system, but seriously people... at least get a sound bar. I don't think anyone in their right mind expects to get decent sound straight out of a TV anymore. As for upscaling content, I think it does a fine job. 720p content looks very very good, and even 480p content looks decent as long as the source isn't overcompressed to start with. Of course if there's any compression artifacting present in lower-res content, it will be very noticeable when you blow it up on such a gigantic and discerning screen.

The only complaint I have has nothing to do with the hardware or even the Roku TV OS, bit with the Netflix app. Most Netflix content plays back fine, but certain hyperactive material will make the system sluggish with audio & video out of sync, going into multiple sessions that look like buffering (not due to lack of bandwidht) requiring a reboot to get things working correctly again. My wife wanted to watch the Taylor Swift reputation stadium tour - I can't seem to get more than 10 minutes into the thing without having to reboot the TV. I have read several other complaints about the Roku Netflix app, so I can only hope that they get it fixed at some point.

I know that the correct answer is to use an external appliance for my content, but I'm working my way into that. My AVR doesn't support UHD, and I have no gear yet that outputs UHD content anyway. So, it's Roku TV all the way for UHD content, then all the other stuff (PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One) is switched through the AVR into a single HDMI input on the TV. Optical out of the TV into the AVR does quite nicely for Dolby Digital, etc.
aaronwt likes this.
turner3d is offline  
post #396 of 458 Old 05-31-2019, 05:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Not sure if this has been discussed extensively, but I am trying to evaluate the tradeoffs of the 75" models from TCL's 6 series (and to a lesser degree Vizio) vs. a 65" C8 OLED as they are roughly the same price (+/- $200 as of the latest deals). I am coming from a 49" 4 series TCL so either will be a huge step up, but I wanted to ask for some guidance from anyone who decided between these models
longlivethechief is offline  
post #397 of 458 Old 05-31-2019, 05:20 PM
Member
 
dapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivethechief View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed extensively, but I am trying to evaluate the tradeoffs of the 75" models from TCL's 6 series (and to a lesser degree Vizio) vs. a 65" C8 OLED as they are roughly the same price (+/- $200 as of the latest deals). I am coming from a 49" 4 series TCL so either will be a huge step up, but I wanted to ask for some guidance from anyone who decided between these models
I have this question too. I have a very small room dedicated to home theater and music. I have a 65" Samsung JS8500 and it perfectly fine to my eyes (except for the damn chip on the screen I accidentally put into it!). Most say to get quality over size because of small room. I'm still not sure and don't want to regret not going bigger if I don't notice much of a difference in quality. For sure bigger will be an improvement whereas quality can be subjective.

I'm torn.
dapala is offline  
post #398 of 458 Old 06-10-2019, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 96
When I click on the "Where to Buy" link on TCL's website, it only shows Best Buy. Is that correct?
Jim McC is offline  
post #399 of 458 Old 06-10-2019, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PUNKem 733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
When I click on the "Where to Buy" link on TCL's website, it only shows Best Buy. Is that correct?


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8D8JDK...v_ov_lig_dp_it
PUNKem 733 is offline  
post #400 of 458 Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
Thanks. The price doubles when going from a 65" to a 75". That's insane !

I'm hoping to buy a 75" TV from Costco or possibly Sam's.
Jim McC is offline  
post #401 of 458 Old 06-11-2019, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I know about the recent price drop of this TV, but do you guys think the price will drop even more in the near future?
Jim McC is offline  
post #402 of 458 Old 06-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jeff_DML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I read through multiple pages of this thread but has it been officially determined that the 75" is a 120hz panel?

I know 120hz input is not accepted(and I personally dont care) but would like 120hz for smoother 24fps playback and motion resolution. 65" is almost half the price so trying encourage myself(and wife) to go bigger

TIA
Jeff_DML is offline  
post #403 of 458 Old 06-12-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,875
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3559 Post(s)
Liked: 2741
The longer it goes without a reliable confirmation that the 75" model has anything other than the native 60Hz cited in TCL's official specifications the less likely it is anything else. Right now I'd put the odds against native 120Hz panels at ~100:1.
js950 likes this.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #404 of 458 Old 06-12-2019, 07:15 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
I read through multiple pages of this thread but has it been officially determined that the 75" is a 120hz panel?

I know 120hz input is not accepted(and I personally dont care) but would like 120hz for smoother 24fps playback and motion resolution. 65" is almost half the price so trying encourage myself(and wife) to go bigger

TIA
It is 60Hz. There was one single person who claimed he tested it to be 120Hz, but when questioned could provide zero proof of his claim or even say what test he performed. Most likely a troll. Display specifications confirmed several months ago that it is a 60Hz native panel.

You do not need native 120Hz for judder reduction on 24p content. TCL R6 series Natural Cinema setting can adjust the refresh rate down to 48Hz for movies and thus provide judder free content without the need of 3:2 pulldown. The rtings.com review has also verified that the 60Hz native TCL produces 100% judder free movies.
Wytchone and Dave in Green like this.
WhosUrBud is offline  
post #405 of 458 Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,317
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8913 Post(s)
Liked: 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
I read through multiple pages of this thread but has it been officially determined that the 75" is a 120hz panel?

I know 120hz input is not accepted(and I personally dont care) but would like 120hz for smoother 24fps playback and motion resolution. 65" is almost half the price so trying encourage myself(and wife) to go bigger

TIA
The 6 Series have no judder with 24hz material. They supposedly drop down to 48hz.
I just know the 60Hz TCL panel has no judder from multiple framerates. While the Vizo P Quantum will have judder with 24P material sent in 60P or 60i. The TCL has no judder in that situation.

53TB unRAID2--49TB unRAID3--45TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #406 of 458 Old 06-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jeff_DML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thanks guys. Did not know about the 48hz mode.
Jeff_DML is offline  
post #407 of 458 Old 06-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Senior Member
 
cassnlogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Navarre, FL
Posts: 417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Just ordered the 75" from Best Buy to be delivered Friday. I could have borrowed a truck and driven 20 miles, but why do that when it's free delivery? It's replacing a 4 year old 65" Sony which will go in one of the bedrooms.
aaronwt and sk373 like this.
cassnlogan is offline  
post #408 of 458 Old 06-12-2019, 11:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,210
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 96
What TV stand are you guys using for this set ? My current stand is only 56" wide.

Thanks.
Jim McC is offline  
post #409 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dropzone7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
What TV stand are you guys using for this set ? My current stand is only 56" wide.

Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing. My current stand is technically wide enough to hold the TV but it sits a little higher than I would like and going from the 55" version of this TV to 75" is going to make it all even higher. I'm leaning towards a lower profile unit that is wider than what I really need as I would like it to anchor the room a bit more and possibly place bookshelf speakers on it. Something similar to the style we have but lower and longer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Better_Homes_Gardens_Modern_Farmhouse_TV_Stand_for_TVs_up_to_2416_0_res.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	2579458   Click image for larger version

Name:	6317438_sd.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	2579460  
dropzone7 is offline  
post #410 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
p3trol_h3ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I definitely recommend as low as possible of a stand for TV's in this size. That said, many seem to mount their TVs wayyy up high so I guess that doesn't bother some. I have this stand from Ashley Furniture (Trinell TV Stand) and even with my 65" I think the stand sits too high. Personally, when lounged in my chair/couch I want the center of the TV to be aligned with my eyes.

It's also not wide enough for bookshelf speakers. With a 75" TV you are going to have to find a very wide stand if you want to place speakers beside the TV, a minimum of ~80" wide I'd say.


Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS

Last edited by p3trol_h3ad; 06-13-2019 at 12:41 PM.
p3trol_h3ad is offline  
post #411 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dropzone7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
I definitely recommend as low as possible of a stand for TV's in this size. That said, many seem to mount their TVs wayyy up high so I guess that doesn't bother some. I have this stand from Ashley Furniture (Trinell TV Stand) and even with my 65" I think the stand sits too high. Personally, when lounged in my chair/couch I want the center of the TV to be aligned with my eyes.

It's also not wide enough for bookshelf speakers. With a 75" TV you are going to have to find a very wide stand if you want to place speakers beside the TV, a minimum of ~80" wide I'd say.
My wife would love that one. It's similar to what we have. I agree, it's probably too high and checking dimensions I believe that one is an inch taller than what I have. You are right, I'm going to need something around 80" wide in order to get the TV and any decent sized speakers on it. I think picking out the stand is more difficult than the TV.
dropzone7 is offline  
post #412 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
p3trol_h3ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post
My wife would love that one. It's similar to what we have. I agree, it's probably too high and checking dimensions I believe that one is an inch taller than what I have. You are right, I'm going to need something around 80" wide in order to get the TV and any decent sized speakers on it. I think picking out the stand is more difficult than the TV.
Totally agree, haha. We looked for a long time before grabbing this one a couple of years back. I wanted something that could hold my center speaker below the TV and it also had to be wide enough for bookshelf speakers. Back then, though, I had a 51" TV. Upgrading to my current 65" meant I had to get floor-standing speakers (or mounts for my bookshelf's).

The rabbit hole lol...

I would love a wider, lower stand but sheesh, I try to hold onto things for more than two years! They're also hard to find. Ikea has some stuff but the design is love it or hate it.

To anyone who considers the Trinell stand, it really is pretty nice for the cost (cheap). The drawers are perfectly sized for Blu-rays / game disc boxes. The stand is also very solid. I did add a brace to the center shelf but that's only because my center channel speaker is quite heavy and I wanted to be safe. The brace also resulted in tilting the speaker up which is an added benefit. For my uses, the stand would be PERFECT if it was about 6-8" shorter.
dropzone7 likes this.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS

Last edited by p3trol_h3ad; 06-13-2019 at 01:09 PM.
p3trol_h3ad is offline  
post #413 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Bob A (SD)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Check this stand out. It will handle an 85" 150 lb TV. I'm using it for my 65" but another responded he uses his for a 75" TCL.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post58127548
dropzone7 likes this.

-=[Bob]=-
My systems
Bob A (SD) is offline  
post #414 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dropzone7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
Totally agree, haha. We looked for a long time before grabbing this one a couple of years back. I wanted something that could hold my center speaker below the TV and it also had to be wide enough for bookshelf speakers. Back then, though, I had a 51" TV. Upgrading to my current 65" meant I had to get floor-standing speakers (or mounts for my bookshelf's).

The rabbit hole lol...

I would love a wider, lower stand but sheesh, I try to hold onto things for more than two years! They're also hard to find. Ikea has some stuff but the design is love it or hate it.
We just moved and my stand and 55" TV worked just fine in our smaller den but we are in a larger house now and the vaulted ceiling in the great room just makes it look so small now. I had a nice Polk soundbar that I loved and it's the one thing that "disappeared" during the move. It was an older one that had binding posts for connection to a receiver, no inputs, just a nice speaker bar. It fit under my TV perfectly because I put two blocks of wood under the TV feet that brought it up to clear the soundbar. I'm totally off my game now and starting over.

I put together and hung three Ikea wall cabinets for my wifes' craft room last week. No frills, very slick stuff and works fine for storage but I think it would be a bit too modern for her taste in the den. She is into this country chic look or whatever you call it. You know, Chip and Joanna type decorating but on a budget.
p3trol_h3ad likes this.
dropzone7 is offline  
post #415 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dropzone7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A (SD) View Post
Check this stand out. It will handle an 85" 150 lb TV. I'm using it for my 65" but another responded he uses his for a 75" TCL.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post58127548
If I was single that would be great for me but it's just a little more modern than what I think my wife would go for. I get more input on the TV and components but furniture is a different story.
p3trol_h3ad likes this.
dropzone7 is offline  
post #416 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dropzone7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,250
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 147
dropzone7 is offline  
post #417 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Well, I'm the fool who didn't measure the depth of my new tv stand for this model. The TV just arrived today and she's gorgeous, but those legs spread a mile wide and are basically ready to fall off the front/back of the stand. It makes sense to keep it steady now that I see the size in person, but I would have never thought it possible not to fit on my new tv stand; which of course I bought specifically for this tv.

I've read through this thread and saw mention about reversing the feet, but that won't do the trick for my situation. Any chance anyone knows of some replacement legs, or some sort of option to make the stance more narrow front to back? I called TCL to see if the Costco version has a slightly different legs on that stand, but sounds like it's the same.

I really don't want to wall mount this thing since I'm a renter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
drysprocket is offline  
post #418 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 05:59 PM
Member
 
KD5MDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Austin, TX (Longhorns Rock!)
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by drysprocket View Post
Well, I'm the fool who didn't measure the depth of my new tv stand for this model. The TV just arrived today and she's gorgeous, but those legs spread a mile wide and are basically ready to fall off the front/back of the stand. It makes sense to keep it steady now that I see the size in person, but I would have never thought it possible not to fit on my new tv stand; which of course I bought specifically for this tv.

I've read through this thread and saw mention about reversing the feet, but that won't do the trick for my situation. Any chance anyone knows of some replacement legs, or some sort of option to make the stance more narrow front to back? I called TCL to see if the Costco version has a slightly different legs on that stand, but sounds like it's the same.

I really don't want to wall mount this thing since I'm a renter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
How sensitive are you to appearances? Could you mount some metal corner brackets on the edges of the existing stand to serve as a railing to prevent it from falling off? Depending on the stand it could look fine.
KD5MDK is online now  
post #419 of 458 Old 06-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5MDK View Post
How sensitive are you to appearances? Could you mount some metal corner brackets on the edges of the existing stand to serve as a railing to prevent it from falling off? Depending on the stand it could look fine.
That's a good idea, hmm. I don't think I trust my handy skills though. I've been researching all day, and I think I might just pay the extra to get this thing mounted. It sounds like I'm worrying a bit much about the fallout, as long as it's done properly. This Monoprice one mentioned here earlier does seems like a deal. Thanks for the suggestion though, but I'm close to being a lost cause here. Time to throw some money at the problem
drysprocket is offline  
post #420 of 458 Old 06-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosUrBud View Post
It is 60Hz. There was one single person who claimed he tested it to be 120Hz, but when questioned could provide zero proof of his claim or even say what test he performed. Most likely a troll. Display specifications confirmed several months ago that it is a 60Hz native panel.

You do not need native 120Hz for judder reduction on 24p content. TCL R6 series Natural Cinema setting can adjust the refresh rate down to 48Hz for movies and thus provide judder free content without the need of 3:2 pulldown. The rtings.com review has also verified that the 60Hz native TCL produces 100% judder free movies.
Where in the settings can I find the 'Natural Cinema' mode?
Gator Rican is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off