2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 331Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #571 of 731 Old 07-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Member
 
KD5MDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Austin, TX (Longhorns Rock!)
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ababcock View Post
Nice catch! I've added them to our suggestion list. Be sure to vote on which one you want us to test first (assuming they are all released at the same time)!
See, I voted for the 625 series because I expect that to be more in my price range.
KD5MDK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 731 Old 07-25-2019, 04:58 AM
Member
 
Jeff5347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Well I finally received my 75. I am stoked. All set up in my media room I just have to route the wires away for my speakers. The TV is on a wall that has a door so the TV blocks the door. I mounted it on a barn door system that moves the TV when not in use. So far I've watched Netflix and YouTube. Very impressed. We have a 65 in 900f upstairs and it can hold it's own against that tv

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
aaronwt, Wytchone, markg35 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Jeff5347; 07-25-2019 at 05:31 AM.
Jeff5347 is offline  
post #573 of 731 Old 07-26-2019, 06:10 PM
Member
 
mlgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is anyone else having trouble with their 75R615 not responding to the remote? I have both the original remote and the enhanced voice control one and neither will turn the TV on. I have to turn it on manually or use the Roku TV app from my phone. After the tv is on either remote only works maybe 50% of the time. The remote from the Roku app works flawlessly though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mlgreen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #574 of 731 Old 07-27-2019, 07:41 AM
Member
 
GiantBubbleGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgreen View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with their 75R615 not responding to the remote? I have both the original remote and the enhanced voice control one and neither will turn the TV on. I have to turn it on manually or use the Roku TV app from my phone. After the tv is on either remote only works maybe 50% of the time. The remote from the Roku app works flawlessly though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a similar problem where the tv wouldn't recognize the remote. I took the batteries out and after the remote paired with the tv I haven't had the issue since.
GiantBubbleGuy is offline  
post #575 of 731 Old 08-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 11
TCL R617 75" Is it as good as some say?

I am back in the TV search for the first time since 2012. Things have changed quite a bit and the choices are extremely difficult. I was budgeting for about 2k for a 75" tv. After a bit of research and with help from this forum I landed a little bit higher than I had planned. I recently stumbled across a TCL R617 75" at a local Best Buy and was impressed. The salesperson steered me away and towards the more expensive Sony, LG, Samsung, and even Vizio. Then I did some research on the TCL and was impressed from the reviews that I saw as most were very positive. I even saw a video from Digital Trends where it was compared side by side to a Sony XBR 950g. The Sony naturally won but by only a small margin. The reviewer went on to state that you would be getting 95% of the performance of the Sony at less than half the price which made a lot of sense to me.
I feel that if I go for the TCL it should carry me over until the next generation of TV's. In the meantime it will be a huge improvement in my living room going from a 2012 60" Plasma, that still drives me nuts with all of the daytime reflections.
aaronwt and Wytchone like this.
audio.hobby is online now  
post #576 of 731 Old 08-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there a better solution than reversing the feet on this unit? I have a 5' tv stand and I believe that the feet will extend over by about an inch on either side. Perhaps a stand that will utilize the wall mounts.
audio.hobby is online now  
post #577 of 731 Old 08-04-2019, 10:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
Is there a better solution than reversing the feet on this unit? I have a 5' tv stand and I believe that the feet will extend over by about an inch on either side. Perhaps a stand that will utilize the wall mounts.
Put a longer top on your current TV stand. A couple people here did that for this TV.
Jim McC is offline  
post #578 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 01:56 AM
Senior Member
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NW Chicago suburbs
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
I am back in the TV search for the first time since 2012. Things have changed quite a bit and the choices are extremely difficult. I was budgeting for about 2k for a 75" tv. After a bit of research and with help from this forum I landed a little bit higher than I had planned. I recently stumbled across a TCL R617 75" at a local Best Buy and was impressed. The salesperson steered me away and towards the more expensive Sony, LG, Samsung, and even Vizio. Then I did some research on the TCL and was impressed from the reviews that I saw as most were very positive. I even saw a video from Digital Trends where it was compared side by side to a Sony XBR 950g. The Sony naturally won but by only a small margin. The reviewer went on to state that you would be getting 95% of the performance of the Sony at less than half the price which made a lot of sense to me.
I feel that if I go for the TCL it should carry me over until the next generation of TV's. In the meantime it will be a huge improvement in my living room going from a 2012 60" Plasma, that still drives me nuts with all of the daytime reflections.

I'm kind of in the same boat and looking for comments from current owners. I'd be coming from a 60" 2010 Sony, and had my eye on the Vizio PX. How far off is this TCL in real world usage? The Vizio thread brought up some issues, so when I saw all the glowing reviews of this set (along with the incredible price) I started looking hard into buying the 617. I'm thinking coming from a 9 year old LCD, I'd be more than pleased with the TCL.
JTH182 is online now  
post #579 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
I'm kind of in the same boat and looking for comments from current owners. I'd be coming from a 60" 2010 Sony, and had my eye on the Vizio PX. How far off is this TCL in real world usage? The Vizio thread brought up some issues, so when I saw all the glowing reviews of this set (along with the incredible price) I started looking hard into buying the 617. I'm thinking coming from a 9 year old LCD, I'd be more than pleased with the TCL.
I came from a 60" Vizio from 2014 to the 75" TCL. I've had it for about 2 months now and so far it's one of the best deals I've waited for. The only issue I have is some faint blooming in very dark scenes, but I don't think you can away from that unless you go to OLED. For the money, this is a great TV. It's not top of the line, and I still wonder sometimes if I should've waited on the Sony X900F to go on sale. But on a budget, you can't get a better TV in my opinion. If you're coming from a 9 year old LCD, buckle up.
StephenM37 is offline  
post #580 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 01:15 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,066
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9397 Post(s)
Liked: 6084
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenM37 View Post
I came from a 60" Vizio from 2014 to the 75" TCL. I've had it for about 2 months now and so far it's one of the best deals I've waited for. The only issue I have is some faint blooming in very dark scenes, but I don't think you can away from that unless you go to OLED. For the money, this is a great TV. It's not top of the line, and I still wonder sometimes if I should've waited on the Sony X900F to go on sale. But on a budget, you can't get a better TV in my opinion. If you're coming from a 9 year old LCD, buckle up.
The 900F has more blooming than the 6 series. At least all the ones I looked at did. But the SOny TVs certainly have better motion handling and processing than TCL. But as someone mentioned, for half the cost of the SOny you get 90% to 95% of the Sony with the TCL. The TCL is easily the best bang for the buck.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #581 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Member
 
JBran24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McDonough, Georgia
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
My 2016 P-series Vizio just died. Ordered the 75" TCL 6 series. I have to believe this will be similar, if not improved, picture quality. I'm really wondering if there is an 80" or 85" TCL coming in 2019? Some of the verbiage for the 8 series said "75 inches or larger". Got me curious.
JBran24 is offline  
post #582 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PUNKem 733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The 900F has more blooming than the 6 series. At least all the ones I looked at did. But the SOny TVs certainly have better motion handling and processing than TCL. But as someone mentioned, for half the cost of the SOny you get 90% to 95% of the Sony with the TCL. The TCL is easily the best bang for the buck.

The 900F I saw had better colors (esp reds TCl needs to fix the reds on the R625), and motion, and that's it to my eyes.
PUNKem 733 is offline  
post #583 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 03:13 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,066
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9397 Post(s)
Liked: 6084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
The 900F I saw had better colors (esp reds TCl needs to fix the reds on the R625), and motion, and that's it to my eyes.
I've had no problems with the reds on my 6 Series. Of course the motion is definitely handled better with the Sony. Between the 120hz panel and better processing. But between the blooming I saw plus twice the price for the SOny, when I was shopping last year, I went with the TCL. Although I would have gone with the SOny Z9D if BestBuy would have let me use my 10% off coupon on the open box unit I saw.

But overall I have been very pleased with the performance of the 6 Series. And with the much lower price, it will make it much easier for me to upgrade again in 2020. UNless my 2015 Sony UHD TV craps out. Then I'll get a newer model TCL and move my current 6 series into the room where my Sony currently is.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #584 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Remote won't power on the TV after shutoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgreen View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with their 75R615 not responding to the remote? I have both the original remote and the enhanced voice control one and neither will turn the TV on. I have to turn it on manually or use the Roku TV app from my phone. After the tv is on either remote only works maybe 50% of the time. The remote from the Roku app works flawlessly though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. After powering down, my remote won't power it on. My kids figured out that if you spam the power key for like 30 seconds eventually it'll come on. I'm going to try a few things (changing power settings, etc) to see if I can get it fixed. Will also try using Roku app on phone to see if its tied to the remote control itself.
mlgreen likes this.
iancgood is offline  
post #585 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
PUNKem 733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I've had no problems with the reds on my 6 Series. Of course the motion is definitely handled better with the Sony. Between the 120hz panel and better processing. But between the blooming I saw plus twice the price for the SOny, when I was shopping last year, I went with the TCL. Although I would have gone with the SOny Z9D if BestBuy would have let me use my 10% off coupon on the open box unit I saw.

But overall I have been very pleased with the performance of the 6 Series. And with the much lower price, it will make it much easier for me to upgrade again in 2020. UNless my 2015 Sony UHD TV craps out. Then I'll get a newer model TCL and move my current 6 series into the room where my Sony currently is.
The reds are super saturated on the 6. Nearly every review mentions it. I'm not saying the TV is bad at colors, just the reds are a bit much.
PUNKem 733 is offline  
post #586 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
Put a longer top on your current TV stand. A couple people here did that for this TV.
I think that would be an unacceptable resolution, especially as my space is limited. There has to be another way.
audio.hobby is online now  
post #587 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Member
 
quaff2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBran24 View Post
My 2016 P-series Vizio just died. Ordered the 75" TCL 6 series. I have to believe this will be similar, if not improved, picture quality. I'm really wondering if there is an 80" or 85" TCL coming in 2019? Some of the verbiage for the 8 series said "75 inches or larger". Got me curious.


My 2016 P-Series died about 2 months ago as well. Very disappointing and will never buy a Vizio again. It should last longer. Anyway, we went with the 75” TCL and it’s great. You will not be disappointed. We had the 65” Vizio and the move up to 75” is well worth it.

Just curious, what happened to your Vizio? Mine won’t turn on anymore. I have to think it could be repaired but I don’t have any interest in doing that. Maybe I could sell it.
Wytchone likes this.
quaff2001 is offline  
post #588 of 731 Old 08-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Member
 
JBran24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McDonough, Georgia
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaff2001 View Post
My 2016 P-Series died about 2 months ago as well. Very disappointing and will never buy a Vizio again. It should last longer. Anyway, we went with the 75” TCL and it’s great. You will not be disappointed. We had the 65” Vizio and the move up to 75” is well worth it.

Just curious, what happened to your Vizio? Mine won’t turn on anymore. I have to think it could be repaired but I don’t have any interest in doing that. Maybe I could sell it.
Screen flickered for a while then shut down. Did a hard reset and it wouldn’t turn back on. Changed outlets, but wouldn’t start. It’s just dead.

Looking forward to getting my new 75” TCL.
JBran24 is offline  
post #589 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,426
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3828 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
I think that would be an unacceptable resolution, especially as my space is limited. There has to be another way.
Check Mount-It for universal tabletop TV stand base that uses the TV's wall mount points and rated for up to 110 lbs:

mount-it.com/collections/tv-stands/products/mount-it-universal-tabletop-tv-stand-mi-848
Dave in Green is offline  
post #590 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 09:31 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,066
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9397 Post(s)
Liked: 6084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
The reds are super saturated on the 6. Nearly every review mentions it. I'm not saying the TV is bad at colors, just the reds are a bit much.
You need to adjust the calibration.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #591 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 09:34 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,066
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9397 Post(s)
Liked: 6084
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBran24 View Post
My 2016 P-series Vizio just died. Ordered the 75" TCL 6 series. I have to believe this will be similar, if not improved, picture quality. I'm really wondering if there is an 80" or 85" TCL coming in 2019? Some of the verbiage for the 8 series said "75 inches or larger". Got me curious.
Their Gen11 plant can produce panels as large as 160 inches or so. I just watched a TCL interview yesterday about TCL and their manufacturing. So the capability is there for them to make very large screens. But those are mainly used to make many smaller size panels.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
JBran24 likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #592 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 09:35 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,066
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9397 Post(s)
Liked: 6084
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
The 900F I saw had better colors (esp reds TCl needs to fix the reds on the R625), and motion, and that's it to my eyes.
But were both sets properly calibrated? Both sets can be calibrated to similar levels of color.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
Wytchone likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #593 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Member
 
JBran24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: McDonough, Georgia
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Their Gen11 plant can produce panels as large as 160 inches or so. I just watched a TCL interview yesterday about TCL and their manufacturing. So the capability is there for them to make very large screens. But those are mainly used to make many smaller size panels.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
I am also looking for and 85" for my media room. I've come close to buying the Sony X900F as the price has been dropping. However, I keep holding hope that TCL will put out an 85" version of the 6 Series or their new line. Don't care for the Samsungs at the same price point. I feel like as soon as I make a purchase TCL will announce an 85".
aaronwt and Wytchone like this.
JBran24 is offline  
post #594 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Member
 
The Gonif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
Is there a better solution than reversing the feet on this unit? I have a 5' tv stand and I believe that the feet will extend over by about an inch on either side. Perhaps a stand that will utilize the wall mounts.
I was also originally looking for a stand that would use the VESA mounting holes on the TV, but after wondering how well it would stand up against my toddler I ended up buying a wall mount from Monoprice. It extends up to two feet from the wall, lets you move the TV in different directions, and seems to be built like a tank. He could literally hang from it and the maximum weight limit wouldn't be exceeded.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TZBBPFY

Good luck with your TV, I hope it works out great for you.
The Gonif is offline  
post #595 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Member
 
The Gonif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
I am back in the TV search for the first time since 2012. Things have changed quite a bit and the choices are extremely difficult. I was budgeting for about 2k for a 75" tv. After a bit of research and with help from this forum I landed a little bit higher than I had planned. I recently stumbled across a TCL R617 75" at a local Best Buy and was impressed. The salesperson steered me away and towards the more expensive Sony, LG, Samsung, and even Vizio. Then I did some research on the TCL and was impressed from the reviews that I saw as most were very positive. I even saw a video from Digital Trends where it was compared side by side to a Sony XBR 950g. The Sony naturally won but by only a small margin. The reviewer went on to state that you would be getting 95% of the performance of the Sony at less than half the price which made a lot of sense to me.
I feel that if I go for the TCL it should carry me over until the next generation of TV's. In the meantime it will be a huge improvement in my living room going from a 2012 60" Plasma, that still drives me nuts with all of the daytime reflections.
I can't tell from your post if you've already decided on the TCL or if you were asking for feedback. My 2009 Samsung TV died last month and, like you, I did a bunch of research and ended up purchasing the 75" TCL. The first one that was delivered was basically DOA with what appeared to be a broken LCD panel, but the replacement has been great. I was a little worried that 75" would be too large, but no way -- it is amazing to watch. I'm no videophile, but I do appreciate a good picture. This set has been terrific so far. I have changed some of the picture settings from their defaults, because the standard mode seemed way too saturated color-wise, and the Movie mode needed more sharpness (IMO). The Roku smartphone app works well, although the few times I've tried to listen to audio with it using headphones the audio and video were out of sync. I think this is a wifi issue, because things were more in sync when I stood in the middle of the room directly in line with our wifi router. But this is a small thing. Basically, I am very happy with the performance of this TV and am super happy that I bought it. I bought it on Amazon because Best Buy only offered a two week return period.
Wytchone likes this.
The Gonif is offline  
post #596 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any word yet on stand replacement Ideas?
audio.hobby is online now  
post #597 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NW Chicago suburbs
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
Any word yet on stand replacement Ideas?
Post # 589

Last edited by JTH182; 08-06-2019 at 05:28 PM.
JTH182 is online now  
post #598 of 731 Old 08-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
Post # 589
Oh cool! Somehow I missed that post. Thank you. Have any experience with it? I guess that if I put the legs reversed at first and it bothers me, I might be able to add these on later.

The weight capacity is a little under what the TV weighs, but that may be ok.

Last edited by audio.hobby; 08-06-2019 at 07:31 PM.
audio.hobby is online now  
post #599 of 731 Old 08-07-2019, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,426
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3828 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
… The weight capacity is a little under what the TV weighs, but that may be ok.
You're looking at the total package weight of 112.4 lbs. The TV itself weighs 79.4 lbs with its included stand and just 78.3 lbs without the stand, which you wouldn't be using if you converted to the Mount-It stand.
Wytchone likes this.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #600 of 731 Old 08-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
You're looking at the total package weight of 112.4 lbs. The TV itself weighs 79.4 lbs with its included stand and just 78.3 lbs without the stand, which you wouldn't be using if you converted to the Mount-It stand.
Ok Thanks. That makes me feel better. What bothers me is when I go into Best Buy and Brandsmart locally. I will go in and ask for help with a 75" TV. And around here they must be Sony biased, as that is the first set they will take me to. (950g and 900f in particular). Then I will ask if the Samsung compares and they usually say no. LG rarely comes up. Then if I ask about TCL I get the same response. They look at me with utter disgust and say not even comparable. And will even go as far as to say that their upconverting is atrocious and have had numerous units returned. When I mention that Best Buy has glowing reviews, they then steer me towards Samsung.
What gives?
I thought that best buy employees did not work on a commission. And at Brandsmart they show me a 55 inch TCL in a room they use for bedding with really bad lighting and tell me that it is washed out. Then I tell them that has a different type of panel (VA instead of isp.....I believe) they will then take me to the Samsungs and even Hisense 9 series and point out quantum dots. Why does everybody in West Palm have a bias against TCL?
I cannot believe that neither pushed OLED even though I am not really interested.
audio.hobby is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off