2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 331Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #691 of 731 Old 09-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Member
 
Jeff5347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post
Yes worth the money, The colors really do Pop. PQ was good before and still is really nice but the colors on movies (netflix) and 4k disks are just better.

Had the inlaws over and they are Samsung people. They were impressed by the PQ from a TCL. It was the first thing they noticed. I expect them to get a 8k TV no matter what I say. They just do that.
Wytchone, can you screenshot the settings he did for the roku app. I'm curious what he set them at. I know each TV is different but looking to try some new settings

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Jeff5347 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #692 of 731 Old 09-24-2019, 06:58 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,069
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9399 Post(s)
Liked: 6090
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenM37 View Post
I'm fairly certain the only difference between the 615 and the 617 is the remote.
Yes. That is correct.
rjhseven likes this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #693 of 731 Old 10-01-2019, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I am unable to cast or screen mirror from my iphone Xr to my 75R615. I've followed the instructions and still a no go. I tried using the Roku iOS app on my phone and although it discovers (can find) my TV it says something like the TV must be in ECO mode which I have verified it is not.

Can anyone tell me if this is a known issue or am I missing something?
Gator Rican is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #694 of 731 Old 10-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Member
 
The Gonif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Rican View Post
I am unable to cast or screen mirror from my iphone Xr to my 75R615. I've followed the instructions and still a no go. I tried using the Roku iOS app on my phone and although it discovers (can find) my TV it says something like the TV must be in ECO mode which I have verified it is not.

Can anyone tell me if this is a known issue or am I missing something?
I just tried it out on my 75R615, because I hadn't done it before. It worked for me with my iPhone 6s and iOS 13.

I followed the instructions here: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...iphone-to-roku. The only thing that was different for me was that "Photos+" seems to now be called "Media".

One thing that surprised me (although in retrospect it shouldn't have) is that you can't use AirPlay to mirror whatever's on the iPhone's display; the Roku app only lets you share stuff from your media library, like photos and videos.

At what step are things breaking down for you?
The Gonif is offline  
post #695 of 731 Old 10-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjhseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I’m going to buy a new TCL 75” for my main TV; most viewing at night. Even during the day on Saturdays when I watch a lot of daytime college football the room is not super bright. I have a TCL 65-615R but it is NOT a 2019 model. Bought early 2018. So I’m confused on model numbers and year made. I really like my existing TCL especially the headphone remote as I’m hearing impaired and get a lot more enjoyment when using headphones. This new set will replace my M70-D3 which has bad LEDs in upper right quadrant making it hard for me to enjoy sports.

I’m seeing the 75-R617 at Walmart.com and a 90 day return policy. I’m told the ONLY DIFFERENCE in that model and the 615s in the remote is an enhanced remote (voice and headphone jack). Is this true?

Is this model a 2019 TV?

Is there a better alternative in TCL 75” lineup?

Does anyone know how deep the stand legs are? My existing set is 10.5 inches which is great as my mantle (NO mounting) is 12” deep well, unbelievably I was reading Best Buy questions about stand and it’s sixteen inches deep. Largest spread I’ve seen on a 75” or smaller. This complicates matters as my mantel is high enough and mounting it would be a waste and make the TV even higher.

I not putting this in “what should I buy thread” because it’s a TCL like this one or the next step up. Need ASAP as my Yankees are in ALCS.

Any input or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast

Last edited by rjhseven; 10-13-2019 at 09:07 PM.
rjhseven is offline  
post #696 of 731 Old 10-13-2019, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Danonano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
I’m going to buy a new TCL 75” for my main TV; most viewing at night. Even during the day on Saturdays when I watch a lot of daytime college football the room is not super bright. I have a TCL 65-615R but it is NOT a 2019 model. Bought early 2018. So I confused on model numbers and year made. I really like my existing TCL especially the headphone remote as I’m hearing impaired and get a lot more enjoyment when using headphones. This new set will replace my M70-D3 which has bad LEDs in upper right quadrant making it hard for me to enjoy sports.

I’m seeing the 75-R617 at Walmart and a 90 day return policy if someone runs a great deal on Black Friday. I’m told the ONLY DIFFERENCE in that model and the 615s in the remote is an enhanced remote (voice and headphone jack). Is this true?

Is this model a 2019 TV?

Is there a better alternative in TCL 75” lineup?

Does anyone know how deep the stand legs are? My existing set is 10.5 inches which is great as my mantle (NO mounting) is 12” deep well, unbelievably I was reading Best Buy questions about stand and it’s sixteen inches deep. Largest spread I’ve seen on a 75” or smaller. This complicates matters as my mantel is high enough and mounting it would be a waste and make the TV even higher.

I not putting this in “what should I buy thread” because it’s a TCL like this one or the next step up. Need ASAP as my Yankees are in ALCS.

Any input or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
I think the new 6 series is just coming out and the 8 series comes out in a month or so.
rjhseven likes this.
Danonano is offline  
post #697 of 731 Old 10-13-2019, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,015
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
I’m going to buy a new TCL 75” for my main TV; most viewing at night. Even during the day on Saturdays when I watch a lot of daytime college football the room is not super bright. I have a TCL 65-615R but it is NOT a 2019 model. Bought early 2018. So I’m confused on model numbers and year made. I really like my existing TCL especially the headphone remote as I’m hearing impaired and get a lot more enjoyment when using headphones. This new set will replace my M70-D3 which has bad LEDs in upper right quadrant making it hard for me to enjoy sports.

I’m seeing the 75-R617 at Walmart.com and a 90 day return policy. I’m told the ONLY DIFFERENCE in that model and the 615s in the remote is an enhanced remote (voice and headphone jack). Is this true?

Is this model a 2019 TV?

Is there a better alternative in TCL 75” lineup?

Does anyone know how deep the stand legs are? My existing set is 10.5 inches which is great as my mantle (NO mounting) is 12” deep well, unbelievably I was reading Best Buy questions about stand and it’s sixteen inches deep. Largest spread I’ve seen on a 75” or smaller. This complicates matters as my mantel is high enough and mounting it would be a waste and make the TV even higher.

I not putting this in “what should I buy thread” because it’s a TCL like this one or the next step up. Need ASAP as my Yankees are in ALCS.

Any input or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
The 75 inch 615 and 617 are considered 2019 models, since it was just announced at CES 2019 and hit the market in Feb of 2019. However it should not be confused with the newer 625 which was just released a couple of weeks ago. A 75 inch 625 is not expected until at least early 2020. And yes the only difference between the 15 and 17 is the remote.
rjhseven likes this.

Last edited by rockaway1836; 10-14-2019 at 07:21 AM.
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #698 of 731 Old 10-14-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,427
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3830 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
... Does anyone know how deep the stand legs are? My existing set is 10.5 inches which is great as my mantle (NO mounting) is 12” deep well, unbelievably I was reading Best Buy questions about stand and it’s sixteen inches deep. Largest spread I’ve seen on a 75” or smaller. This complicates matters as my mantel is high enough and mounting it would be a waste and make the TV even higher. ...
If the original stand legs turn out to be too big for you there's always the possibility of adding a VESA table mount. There are several different types available:


aaronwt and rjhseven like this.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #699 of 731 Old 10-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjhseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
If the original stand legs turn out to be too big for you there's always the possibility of adding a VESA table mount. There are several different types available:


Amazon does not show one for a 75" TV. I can why unless bolted down which i would prefer not to do.

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
rjhseven is offline  
post #700 of 731 Old 10-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjhseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Does anyone know how deep the legs are if they are inverted? I need to get this down to 12” for 75” TV. I could mount it about 4-6” above mantel. It’s a very good mount but I’m not sure how far the blocking between the studs came down.

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
rjhseven is offline  
post #701 of 731 Old 10-16-2019, 04:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,015
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
Does anyone know how deep the legs are if they are inverted? I need to get this down to 12” for 75” TV. I could mount it about 4-6” above mantel. It’s a very good mount but I’m not sure how far the blocking between the studs came down.
The legs are the same depth pointing in or out. You just save on width by inverting them. There are table top options on Amazon. Just look at the filters on the left side of the page and click on 65 inches and up. I saw a couple for 80 inches.
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #702 of 731 Old 10-16-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,427
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3830 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
I think the rtings.com review of the new 65" R625 may have just raised the value of the 75" R617. Though the 65" R625 outperforms the 65" R617 in some performance areas it actually trails in others. Depending on personal priorities of which balance of pros and cons best fits their preferences it's likely that some may find the current 75" R617 more attractive than waiting for a 75" version of the 625.

Of course this assumes that the 75" version of the R625 will compare to its R617 counterpart the same way the 65" version does. But the 75" R617 does seem like a pretty good deal right now, especially at a lower price than the 75" R625 will come in at. Here's how rtings.com compared the 65" R625 to the R617:

Quote:
The TCL 6 Series/R625 2019 is very similar to the TCL 6 Series/R617 2018. The R625 has a more premium design and a much better local dimming feature, but the R617 is brighter and has better reflection handling. The R625 has a higher backlight flicker frequency, but a slower response time, and motion doesn't look as good.
aaronwt and Nouniard like this.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #703 of 731 Old 10-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile TCL 6 Series 75" Audio Delay

I've read a bunch of reports where people are having major issues with Audio delays when connecting their TV's to a sound bar or AV Receiver. The issues seem to stem from the Roku software, has anyone had these lip sync delay issues and if so is there any resolution to it yet? Even though this TV has had great reviews I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it because of these possible audio delays. Any info would be a great help! Thanks in advance!
Dav Dehal is offline  
post #704 of 731 Old 10-16-2019, 10:34 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,069
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9399 Post(s)
Liked: 6090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Dehal View Post
I've read a bunch of reports where people are having major issues with Audio delays when connecting their TV's to a sound bar or AV Receiver. The issues seem to stem from the Roku software, has anyone had these lip sync delay issues and if so is there any resolution to it yet? Even though this TV has had great reviews I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it because of these possible audio delays. Any info would be a great help! Thanks in advance!
The resolution should be to make sure HDMI-CEC is enabled. SInce it will automatically adjust the AV sync.
rjhseven and Dav Dehal like this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
post #705 of 731 Old 10-16-2019, 03:35 PM
Member
 
Nouniard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
I think the rtings.com review of the new 65" R625 may have just raised the value of the 75" R617. Though the 65" R625 outperforms the 65" R617 in some performance areas it actually trails in others. Depending on personal priorities of which balance of pros and cons best fits their preferences it's likely that some may find the current 75" R617 more attractive than waiting for a 75" version of the 625.

Of course this assumes that the 75" version of the R625 will compare to its R617 counterpart the same way the 65" version does. But the 75" R617 does seem like a pretty good deal right now, especially at a lower price than the 75" R625 will come in at. Here's how rtings.com compared the 65" R625 to the R617:
I agree. I was waiting for this review to see just how much better the R625 is compared to it's 2018 counterpart despite there not being a 75" version yet. If it was a good amount improved over last year's model, I was going to consider waiting to see if a 75" version appeared. However, with this review and the lack of a 75" appearing on the FCC website I think I'm going to just wait a couple weeks to see if we get a holiday sale in November and jump on the current 75" R615/7.

I like the narrower bezels of the newer models but not enough to wait (likely past CES 2020) or pay the "new release" price.

Last edited by Nouniard; 10-16-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Nouniard is offline  
post #706 of 731 Old 10-16-2019, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjhseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
The legs are the same depth pointing in or out. You just save on width by inverting them. There are table top options on Amazon. Just look at the filters on the left side of the page and click on 65 inches and up. I saw a couple for 80 inches.
Nothing on Amazon that I could find for a 75”: but since some, if not most, of these stands are universal would it make any difference? Most weight carrying products are rated lower than capability for liability reasons. You think a 65” would work on a very sturdy 12” deep mantel? This issue really is irritating to me as TCL should know better than making a 16” total span on a 3” deep TV. If they were a US company this wouldn’t be an issue.

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
rjhseven is offline  
post #707 of 731 Old 10-17-2019, 01:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,015
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
Nothing on Amazon that I could find for a 75”: but since some, if not most, of these stands are universal would it make any difference? Most weight carrying products are rated lower than capability for liability reasons. You think a 65” would work on a very sturdy 12” deep mantel? This issue really is irritating to me as TCL should know better than making a 16” total span on a 3” deep TV. If they were a US company this wouldn’t be an issue.
The weight capacity is the most important feature followed by the vesa pattern. The first one I see says 50-80 inches and can hold 198 lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/FITUEYES-Univ...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
rjhseven likes this.

Last edited by rockaway1836; 10-17-2019 at 03:09 AM.
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #708 of 731 Old 10-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question

What would be more stable: inverted legs or a table top VESA stand?
David Playle is offline  
post #709 of 731 Old 10-17-2019, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rockaway1836's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 1,015
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Playle View Post
What would be more stable: inverted legs or a table top VESA stand?
I have a 55 inch with the legs inverted, and it's quite stable. I have a 55 inch P series from 2017 on a table top stand it is also quite stable. My 75 inch is mounted on the wall.
rockaway1836 is offline  
post #710 of 731 Old 10-17-2019, 12:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Dehal View Post
I've read a bunch of reports where people are having major issues with Audio delays when connecting their TV's to a sound bar or AV Receiver. The issues seem to stem from the Roku software, has anyone had these lip sync delay issues and if so is there any resolution to it yet? Even though this TV has had great reviews I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it because of these possible audio delays. Any info would be a great help! Thanks in advance!
I have my 75" connected through a Denon receiver. It was a PITA to get the settings correct compared to my Vizio. I still have issues with the Roku interface at times when trying to watch my firestick or PS4 (connected to my AVR) where I have to wait for the image to show up on the Roku interface before I actually hit OK to switch to it. As for audio, once all the settings were right and CEC was toggled, there are ZERO issues with audio sync.
Dav Dehal likes this.
StephenM37 is offline  
post #711 of 731 Old 10-17-2019, 02:40 PM
Newbie
 
smartinec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a 75R617 but am having trouble with Dolby Digital Plus output to my Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar over HDMI ARC. Dolby Digital Plus shows up as an option in the Audio menu on the TV (which means the TV detected that capability on the soundbar), but there is no sound output when DD+ is chosen (not even menu clicks). Using the Dolby Digital option works fine. The TCL support techs claim that the built in apps can pass ATMOS audio over HDMI ARC, but I need DD+ to even have a chance for that to work. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
smartinec is offline  
post #712 of 731 Old 10-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjhseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Playle View Post
What would be more stable: inverted legs or a table top VESA stand?
Anytime you support a tv with two legs on each end it’s going to be more stable than a center stand.

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
rjhseven is offline  
post #713 of 731 Old 11-01-2019, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
rjhseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Memphis
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 103
One other note about private listening with the Roku remote APP (at least the IPhone version): it only works for built in and loaded apps on Roku. Doesn’t work with satellite, cable, antenna. Of course, it works on all inputs using the Remote headphone jack.

Memphis Tiger Fan-Sports enthusiast
rjhseven is offline  
post #714 of 731 Old 11-02-2019, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,427
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3830 Post(s)
Liked: 3030
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post
Anytime you support a tv with two legs on each end it’s going to be more stable than a center stand.
However, the VESA mounts on the backs of TVs have to be extremely sturdy to support the weight of a TV hanging from a wall as opposed to the TV's weight pushing down on legs. So properly designed VESA table mounts are going to be stable enough for any ordinary use.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #715 of 731 Old 11-03-2019, 09:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 118
This TV is no longer on Best Buy's website. What do you guys make of that?
Jim McC is offline  
post #716 of 731 Old 11-03-2019, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,519
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post
This TV is no longer on Best Buy's website. What do you guys make of that?
You can still buy it on Best Buy’s website.
aaronwt likes this.

My humble main system:
Vizio M75-E1; Oppo 203 universal UHD player; Denon 4300H AVR, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; one pair NHT mini Atmos speakers; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case); Roku Premiere+; Amazon 4K Fire TV
sk373 is offline  
post #717 of 731 Old 11-03-2019, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jim McC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
Posts: 6,347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Weird. I checked right before I posted.

How do DVD's look with this TV ?

How will 720p and 1080i programming from our antenna look ?

Thanks.
Jim McC is offline  
post #718 of 731 Old 11-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Member
 
mlgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So my 75R615 updated it's firmware today. Now the Netflix app has the time duration, MBPS/Resolution and audio up in the left hand corner on display while playing anything. I can't find how to disable it. Anybody else have this problem?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mlgreen is offline  
post #719 of 731 Old 11-05-2019, 06:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgreen View Post
So my 75R615 updated it's firmware today. Now the Netflix app has the time duration, MBPS/Resolution and audio up in the left hand corner on display while playing anything. I can't find how to disable it. Anybody else have this problem?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This happened to me too. Very annoying, but you just have to fiddle with it. It's a Roku issue. Here's the solution that I think worked for me. If not, just do some searching for: netflix script displaying stats

"They likely pressed the ASTERISK button on Roku remote while in the main browsing menu of Netflix. This will toggle ON or OFF the display of streaming information in the upper left corner of the screen while a video is playing. If you turn it on accidentally you must stop video and return to main browsing screen to press ASTERISK button and toggle it OFF. It can happen quite easily because when you do press the ASTERISK button in main browsing screen nothing appears on the screen to notify you that you have toggled it ON or OFF."
drysprocket is offline  
post #720 of 731 Old 11-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by drysprocket View Post
This happened to me too. Very annoying, but you just have to fiddle with it. It's a Roku issue. Here's the solution that I think worked for me. If not, just do some searching for: netflix script displaying stats

"They likely pressed the ASTERISK button on Roku remote while in the main browsing menu of Netflix. This will toggle ON or OFF the display of streaming information in the upper left corner of the screen while a video is playing. If you turn it on accidentally you must stop video and return to main browsing screen to press ASTERISK button and toggle it OFF. It can happen quite easily because when you do press the ASTERISK button in main browsing screen nothing appears on the screen to notify you that you have toggled it ON or OFF."
This is exactly how to fix it, I've done this countless times while trying to adjust the brightness and picture settings.
StephenM37 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off