2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 400Likes

post #991 of 1004 Old 06-29-2020, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
As stated before, you can only adjust HDR settings when HDR content is playing.
120inna55 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1004 Old 06-30-2020, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Ksenopoulos View Post
As stated before, you can only adjust HDR settings when HDR content is playing.
Got it. I found the settings when I played some demos from the Roku software.

Another really stupid question regarding ARC:

I have ARC turned on and the TV sees the AVR.

I have a single HDMI cable connecting the AVR HDMI (ARC) out on the AVR to the HDMI ARC TV input. While my satellite is playing, I go into Roku software and launch something. YouTube, for example. The satellite's audio continues to play regardless of what YouTube shows me. Again, I know this is a really stupid question for some you more astute guys.
post #993 of 1004 Old 07-01-2020, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post
Got it. I found the settings when I played some demos from the Roku software.

Another really stupid question regarding ARC:

I have ARC turned on and the TV sees the AVR.

I have a single HDMI cable connecting the AVR HDMI (ARC) out on the AVR to the HDMI ARC TV input. While my satellite is playing, I go into Roku software and launch something. YouTube, for example. The satellite's audio continues to play regardless of what YouTube shows me. Again, I know this is a really stupid question for some you more astute guys.
Check your TV sound settings. Seems like it might be set on “sound from source” or something like that giving the TV first access to sound. Even if you use CEC-control, the TV won’t shut off it’s speakers if it doesn’t know that it should.

For use with an AVR or sound bar, TV speakers should be set to “off” all the time.
120inna55 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #994 of 1004 Old 07-01-2020, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
Check your TV sound settings. Seems like it might be set on “sound from source” or something like that giving the TV first access to sound. Even if you use CEC-control, the TV won’t shut off it’s speakers if it doesn’t know that it should.

For use with an AVR or sound bar, TV speakers should be set to “off” all the time.
I turned off the TV speakers as soon as installed it. That's not the issue.
post #995 of 1004 Old 07-01-2020, 10:45 AM

Are you switching the input on the AVR? It sounds like AVR is still set on satellite if the AVR is playing that sound through it's speakers. Also make sure TV is plugged into the ARC of AVR and ARC is enabled on receiver. My reciever automatically switches to "tv/audio" when I turn on roku of TV. Try all the input selections on your reciever until you hear the TV's sound. All my other devices are plugged into different HDMI inputs with their respective names.
120inna55 likes this.
post #996 of 1004 Old 07-01-2020, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you switching the input on the AVR? It sounds like AVR is still set on satellite if the AVR is playing that sound through it's speakers. Also make sure TV is plugged into the ARC of AVR and ARC is enabled on receiver. My reciever automatically switches to "tv/audio" when I turn on roku of TV. Try all the input selections on your reciever until you hear the TV's sound. All my other devices are plugged into different HDMI inputs with their respective names.
I know I'm missing something obvious. I don't have an input assigned to the TV. I kind of thought that was the purpose of the ARC function. 1 cable with 2-day communication. All my devices (satellite, PS3, SHIELD TV) are going into the AVR via HDMI. 1 HDMI cable goes from the AVR (the HDMI port noted to be ARC) to the TV's HDMI (ARC) input.

I did what you suggested and cycled through the inputs on the AVR and nothing but silence, but every one of those inputs have a device connected to them (they were off while I cycled).
post #997 of 1004 Old 07-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
I know I'm missing something obvious. I don't have an input assigned to the TV. I kind of thought that was the purpose of the ARC function. 1 cable with 2-day communication. All my devices (satellite, PS3, SHIELD TV) are going into the AVR via HDMI. 1 HDMI cable goes from the AVR (the HDMI port noted to be ARC) to the TV's HDMI (ARC) input.

I did what you suggested and cycled through the inputs on the AVR and nothing but silence, but every one of those inputs have a device connected to them (they were off while I cycled).
Can you post a photo of the AVR connections?
post #998 of 1004 Old 07-01-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardennj View Post
Quote:

Can you post a photo of the AVR connections?
Hmm.....What kind of reciever? Make sure CEC/ARC is enabled on the receiver and TV. It sounds like everything is connected right. The sound should be going into the ARC HDMI port of the receiver and one of your receivers buttons should work....I remember with my old Sony it took me a while to figure it out and it simply was a button on the remote that said TV and bam it worked. My Marantz is a bit more intuitive and also detects everything automatically.

I would leave something playing on the tv and cycle through the different inputs. Obviously skip through the ones you already have hooked into the HDMI ports with the other sources. I don't think it will be labeled as HDMI 2, 3, 4 ....there has to be some button on the remote that may work.

Also try to give it a few seconds between each try and try searching specifically for your receiver as it's not the TV. Im sure you're not the first to use ARC with your receiver.

Last edited by Keith Ksenopoulos; 07-01-2020 at 06:57 PM.
post #999 of 1004 Old 07-03-2020, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hmm.....What kind of reciever? Make sure CEC/ARC is enabled on the receiver and TV...
It took me a while to find it, but you were right. The receiver had a setting called "HDMI Control" that I was missing. I've never liked this Denon generation's menu architecture (no pun intended). It's an AVR-1611. I appreciate the help from all of you.

I did all that for something I'll rarely use, but it bugs me when something's supposed to work but doesn't.

Probably the greatest, albeit trivial, benefit in getting ARC to work correctly is the fact that the volume indicator is now displayed on the TV. My wife and I both like that. The small text on the AVR was difficult to read at times. My wife also appreciates the fact that the TV displays an absolute volume as opposed to uncalibrated relative scale that the Denon shows. She understands the concept, but prefers absolute regardless.

Again, I appreciate the help from all of you.

Last edited by 120inna55; 07-03-2020 at 03:32 PM.
post #1000 of 1004 Old 07-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi,

I have had this TV for 3 months now; really like it, well considering it is not plasma.
Anyway, I have been researching soundbars and am ready to buy JLB 9.1 bar. Before I do, I wanted to make sure it is compatible with this TV.

My setup is really simple: just TV set top box into HDMI on TV (all other content is just the usual streaming stuff like Netflix, AP, Hulu, Disney + , ESPN+ etc)

I guess my question is, what level of audio will this TV pass to the Soundbar via ARC? Can it do ATMOS (from any of the streaming services that do that)? Or would it be a lower level audio format?

If so, is there any point in even getting an Atmos soundbar with this TV?

Maybe save money and just get a 3.1 solution?

thx !
post #1001 of 1004 Old 07-06-2020, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonoaks View Post
Hi,

I have had this TV for 3 months now; really like it, well considering it is not plasma.
Anyway, I have been researching soundbars and am ready to buy JLB 9.1 bar. Before I do, I wanted to make sure it is compatible with this TV.

My setup is really simple: just TV set top box into HDMI on TV (all other content is just the usual streaming stuff like Netflix, AP, Hulu, Disney + , ESPN+ etc)

I guess my question is, what level of audio will this TV pass to the Soundbar via ARC? Can it do ATMOS (from any of the streaming services that do that)? Or would it be a lower level audio format?

If so, is there any point in even getting an Atmos soundbar with this TV?

Maybe save money and just get a 3.1 solution?

thx !
Have you considered the Roku speakers? i think they are awesome and better than most soundbars I've heard.
post #1002 of 1004 Old 07-06-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi755 View Post
Have you considered the Roku speakers? i think they are awesome and better than most soundbars I've heard.
Yes, I contacted TCL to see when the 9 series soundbar will be released in USA , as it has launched elsewhere, but they basically told me to FCK off, so I told them fine, I would just buy a competitor's. I have ordered the JBL 9.1 , looks awesome.
post #1003 of 1004 Old 07-07-2020, 05:02 PM

Does anyone know how to cast amazon prime music app (android ) to this TV ? It is not showing up in the 'cast' button on the app. Both devices are connected to same network. thx !
post #1004 of 1004 Old 07-08-2020, 02:26 PM

Hi, what should audio setting be for ARC to soundbar ( atoms soundbar) is passthrough best for native apps or selecting" dolby digital plus, DTS " ? Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
tcl

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page