2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 328Likes

post #121 of 712 Old 03-01-2019, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSFA View Post
I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, don't have a copy of it on Youtube. Only on a flash drive that was given to me by a Samsung Vendor. I can definitely say the motion is better on the 75 than the 55.
sheshechic likes this.

65" Sony A9F
Arcam SR250
Bowers & Wilkins 702s
REL T7i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 712 Old 03-01-2019, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post
Same problem with Sony and the horizontal lines. I gave my 900A away to guy who claimed he could fix it. He has not been able to.

I now have a 65" tcl.

In a nutshell, the TCL will blow the Sony out of the water in 4k content.

Cable tv looks more or less the same on the TCL and Sony.

I do believe Sony had a slightly crisper picture.

The Sony stood out for color accuracy. This TCL does not have good reds, they are too fluorescent. Sony really beats this tv in color accuracy, but for the rest the TCL wins

I don't know it it will work for the 75 but rtings white balance and native color space helped issue a lot on mine. Using their tuned color space helped a bit but muted cookies a lot

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

Awesome user review: "Unreal quality. Sounded like I upgraded my speakers." :D

Gaming and VR videos: www.youtube.com/user/Devedander
post #123 of 712 Old 03-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devedander View Post
I don't know it it will work for the 75 but rtings white balance and native color space helped issue a lot on mine. Using their tuned color space helped a bit but muted cookies a lot

What do you mean "muted cookies"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 712 Old 03-01-2019, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadis123 View Post
What do you mean "muted cookies"?

Sorry muted colors

Monster Gold Plated Optical Cables: http://monstercable.com/productPage.asp?pin=1263

post #125 of 712 Old 03-01-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Well, pulled the trigger on the 75. I think it's the right size for the space. It was a little tough clicking the 'submit order' button looking at the total with tax, especially after buying the 65 not too long ago at half the price, but I'm sure I'll get over it when it's hung on the wall.
rockaway1836, lucacow and srkmish like this.

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #126 of 712 Old 03-01-2019, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Finally replacing my 63" Sharp rear projection. I have been looking at the Sony XBR 75X900F, but I like a bargain and the 75" TCL series 6 has got my interest.

Has anyone else compared these 2? I am coming from a picture tube and I was going to shoot for OLED, but I want 75" or larger and I don't want burn in.

I also have windows in the room and I want brightness with minimal reflection. Good blacks, little blooming, etc.

So yes, I want it all but unlikely to do much gaming.

Thanks for any comments if anyone has compared the 900F to this larger TCL.
post #127 of 712 Old 03-02-2019, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Well, pulled the trigger on the 75. I think it's the right size for the space. It was a little tough clicking the 'submit order' button looking at the total with tax, especially after buying the 65 not too long ago at half the price, but I'm sure I'll get over it when it's hung on the wall.
I just had mine delivered last Saturday, and mounted on the wall on Wednesday. To my surprise, they were actually open to negotiating a bit at my local Best Buy. I got them to knock off $150. It also came with their "Total Tech Support' product free for a year - which meant that I got their premium TV mounting service for $50 instead of $199. They ran AV cable in-wall for me, and mounted the TV - looks great!
srkmish and Hetfieldjames like this.

Video: TCL 75R615 TV, LG UBK90 UHD BR Player, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB
Audio: Onkyo TX-SR805 Silver (Still going strong!), Rega RP1 w/Performance Pack Turntable, Vincent PHO 8 Phono Stage, Logitech Squeezebox Touch
post #128 of 712 Old 03-02-2019, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1750 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMLewis View Post
I just had mine delivered last Saturday, and mounted on the wall on Wednesday. To my surprise, they were actually open to negotiating a bit at my local Best Buy. I got them to knock off $150. It also came with their "Total Tech Support' product free for a year - which meant that I got their premium TV mounting service for $50 instead of $199. They ran AV cable in-wall for me, and mounted the TV - looks great!
That is an incredible deal, good job.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #129 of 712 Old 03-02-2019, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Did you ask them to discount? How did you approach getting them to deal - mention amazon? Just curious as i have never had anyone at BB offer to discount even when I walked.
post #130 of 712 Old 03-02-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm2000 View Post
Did you ask them to discount? How did you approach getting them to deal - mention amazon? Just curious as i have never had anyone at BB offer to discount even when I walked.
I had my choice narrowed down to the Vizio 75" P Series and this TCL for a couple weeks, but I hadn't seen the TCL in person. I saw that my local Best Buy finally had it on display, and decided to go down and take a look - not intending to buy, just look. Was chatting with the sales guy, kinda using him as a sounding board for my own internal back and forth between the two sets, and I mentioned that Costco had the Vizio for $1,599, but I liked the TCL's software better (I like and know Roku, the TCL has built in OTA program guide and can pause live TV - no DVR needed, etc.), but the Vizio was $200 less and might have a very slightly better picture. It really was about the $200 difference for me at that point - if they were the same price, I'd go for the TCL hands down. They said they'd match Costco on the Vizio - and I said I'd rather buy at Costco - better warranty, etc.. Then I said something like, "I'm pretty sure your prices are set, right? No room to do anything?" The sales guy said his manager wasn't there, but went and talked to somebody, came back and said that no, the price was set. I thanked him, and really was headed out the door. Afterall, I didn't come there to buy - seriously - I just wanted to see the TCL. At the door, another guy stopped me and asked if his sales guy had taken care of me. I told him that yeah, he was nice, answered my questions, etc.. Then he said, "So what's stopping you from getting it right now?" I said, "It's really just about the $200 difference between the TCL and the Vizio, or I'd buy it right now." He offered to knock $100 off if I came back in. I said that it was still too much, but I'd buy it if he knocked off $150. He asked me to wait, I did, he came back and agreed.

I don't know, maybe it was just the right time of day (not many people in the store). Or maybe just the right guy in the right mood, not sure. I've never really had any luck getting Best Buy to budge either. Maybe they could tell that I really was going to walk away, and it wasn't just a ploy, so they did what they needed to do to save the sale. At that point, I think I was probably going to buy the TCL, but was content to wait until it went on sale. But for $50 difference, it was a no-brainer for me, and I'm happy.
sk373 and srkmish like this.

Audio: Onkyo TX-SR805 Silver (Still going strong!), Rega RP1 w/Performance Pack Turntable, Vincent PHO 8 Phono Stage, Logitech Squeezebox Touch
post #131 of 712 Old 03-02-2019, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by asm2000 View Post

No discount, it was just a promotion this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

65" Sony A9F
Arcam SR250
Bowers & Wilkins 702s
REL T7i
post #132 of 712 Old 03-04-2019, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I had my choice narrowed down to the Vizio 75" P Series and this TCL for a couple weeks, but I hadn't seen the TCL in person. I saw that my local Best Buy finally had it on display, and decided to go down and take a look - not intending to buy, just look. Was chatting with the sales guy, kinda using him as a sounding board for my own internal back and forth between the two sets, and I mentioned that Costco had the Vizio for $1,599, but I liked the TCL's software better (I like and know Roku, the TCL has built in OTA program guide and can pause live TV - no DVR needed, etc.), but the Vizio was $200 less and might have a very slightly better picture. It really was about the $200 difference for me at that point - if they were the same price, I'd go for the TCL hands down. They said they'd match Costco on the Vizio - and I said I'd rather buy at Costco - better warranty, etc.. Then I said something like, "I'm pretty sure your prices are set, right? No room to do anything?" The sales guy said his manager wasn't there, but went and talked to somebody, came back and said that no, the price was set. I thanked him, and really was headed out the door. Afterall, I didn't come there to buy - seriously - I just wanted to see the TCL. At the door, another guy stopped me and asked if his sales guy had taken care of me. I told him that yeah, he was nice, answered my questions, etc.. Then he said, "So what's stopping you from getting it right now?" I said, "It's really just about the $200 difference between the TCL and the Vizio, or I'd buy it right now." He offered to knock $100 off if I came back in. I said that it was still too much, but I'd buy it if he knocked off $150. He asked me to wait, I did, he came back and agreed.

I don't know, maybe it was just the right time of day (not many people in the store). Or maybe just the right guy in the right mood, not sure. I've never really had any luck getting Best Buy to budge either. Maybe they could tell that I really was going to walk away, and it wasn't just a ploy, so they did what they needed to do to save the sale. At that point, I think I was probably going to buy the TCL, but was content to wait until it went on sale. But for $50 difference, it was a no-brainer for me, and I'm happy.

My guess the store was close to making numbers that got someone a bonus

post #133 of 712 Old 03-04-2019, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Up on Amazon, available March 9. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8D8JDK...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm thinking of holding off until the new 75" comes out. I think they're calling it the 8 series, can't wait to hear more info on it.
post #134 of 712 Old 03-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
Up on Amazon, available March 9. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8D8JDK...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm thinking of holding off until the new 75" comes out. I think they're calling it the 8 series, can't wait to hear more info on it.
Nice but $100 more than BB.... Ill probably get mine at BB just in case there is any issues it will be easier to return or replace but glad there is more venders selling now hopefully the price will go down...
post #135 of 712 Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I had the dark spots on mine earlier in this thread. Best buy exchanged me for a new one no problem. I did it today, so far so good on this screen, looks fantastic, no dirty screen effect that I can see while watching blue planet. And I really want to reiterate to anyone reading the end of this thread, I returned a 75" Samsung Q8FN for this TCL. The TCL is far better in motion, has better dark, not overly contrasted to the point where you lose detail like the Samsung. I saved $1500 for a better product.
post #136 of 712 Old 03-09-2019, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 114
10% coupon came in and to my surprise (and the store staff who read it like 7 times) TCL was not on the list of brands restricted from the coupon.

I just connected an Xbox one X through an LG Sk9. I can't get anything other than 4k to show. No hdr or dv. Any ideas.
post #137 of 712 Old 03-09-2019, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytvstosee View Post
10% coupon came in and to my surprise (and the store staff who read it like 7 times) TCL was not on the list of brands restricted from the coupon.

I just connected an Xbox one X through an LG Sk9. I can't get anything other than 4k to show. No hdr or dv. Any ideas.

Coupon from where?
post #138 of 712 Old 03-09-2019, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Best buy. It was weird as that same day I was looking to buy one off ebay. 179.99 savings
post #139 of 712 Old 03-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

I think the other guy is wondering where it came from (as am I); email, carrier pigeon, usps, etc? As far as your HDR issue, does it do the same thing connected directly (at least you could rule out the sk9 if it didn't)? Also, you really need high bandwidth cables for HDR/DV to work properly.
post #140 of 712 Old 03-10-2019, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L View Post
I think the other guy is wondering where it came from (as am I); email, carrier pigeon, usps, etc? As far as your HDR issue, does it do the same thing connected directly (at least you could rule out the sk9 if it didn't)? Also, you really need high bandwidth cables for HDR/DV to work properly.
LOL he answered me. It's right above your post, he said best buy.
post #141 of 712 Old 03-10-2019, 11:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 25759
Quote:

Quote:
Hi toomanytvstosee,

If you buy high speed cables make sure they're Certified Premium. Such as these at Monoprice. If they don't have the hologram then they may not work even if they are labeled "high speed".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	premium certified.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	2537204  

Regards, Ken (Retired)
7.1.2) Denon 4520CI; Aircom T-8, Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300
post #142 of 712 Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 View Post
Quote:
LOL he answered me. It's right above your post, he said best buy.
He still didn't say where he got it though. Wondering if it was a mover's coupon or something that you can get from the post office (they used to have 10% for stores like best buy and Lowes in their coupon books but I don't think they have them anymore). It's kind of just teasing us stating he got 10% off and not telling us how.
post #143 of 712 Old 03-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
He still didn't say where he got it though. Wondering if it was a mover's coupon or something that you can get from the post office (they used to have 10% for stores like best buy and Lowes in their coupon books but I don't think they have them anymore). It's kind of just teasing us stating he got 10% off and not telling us how.

Probably the BB credit card email promo. I got one recently as well. Sometimes they are 10% back in rewards points, but this one was 10% of on a purchase.
post #144 of 712 Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 PM

Can anyone tell me the length from the lower wall mount hole on the tv to the bottom of the tv or edge? trying to figure out placement on what i have mounted for it. I saw on the tcl site in the owners manual it looks like the bottom holes are close to the bottom edge of the tv. Maybe 5" to 8" just a guess.
post #145 of 712 Old 03-14-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith10210 View Post
Can anyone tell me the length from the lower wall mount hole on the tv to the bottom of the tv or edge? trying to figure out placement on what i have mounted for it. I saw on the tcl site in the owners manual it looks like the bottom holes are close to the bottom edge of the tv. Maybe 5" to 8" just a guess.
Mine's mounted, so it's tough to get a perfect measurement - but it's right in the 5.5" - 6" range from the bottom hole to the bottom of the TV.

post #146 of 712 Old 03-14-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Mine's mounted, so it's tough to get a perfect measurement - but it's right in the 5.5" - 6" range from the bottom hole to the bottom of the TV.
Awesome thank you!
post #147 of 712 Old 03-21-2019, 01:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I guess it's part of BB's 3 day sale. Price is now $300 off !!!
post #148 of 712 Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yep I wish Costco had the 6 series.. but none the less bb has it for 1499$!! Thoughts ?
post #149 of 712 Old 03-21-2019, 06:08 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 View Post
I guess it's part of BB's 3 day sale. Price is now $300 off !!!
Oh wow. I think I'm in. That is a great price and I'm tired of waiting for BB to drop the NU8000 to at or less than what they were selling the 75" on Black Friday. I work today, but have tomorrow off, so is the sale through the weekend or when does it end? I don't want to miss it.
post #150 of 712 Old 03-21-2019, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Moonman View Post
Oh wow. I think I'm in. That is a great price and I'm tired of waiting for BB to drop the NU8000 to at or less than what they were selling the 75" on Black Friday. I work today, but have tomorrow off, so is the sale through the weekend or when does it end? I don't want to miss it.
I'm heading up to NY today, I won't be home until early next week. I think I'm going to order it on line when I get to my daughters house on Friday. Then I will set up delivery for late next week. That way I will have time to move everything around. I swear, If my car was large enough I would pick one up in Delaware on the way back and save on the tax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page