AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   LCD Flat Panel Displays (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/3050040-2019-tcl-75r615-owners-thread-no-price-talk.html)

PUNKem 733 02-12-2019 02:50 PM

2019 TCL 75R615 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)
 
Anyone have one yet? I checked Best Buy, and it's telling me I can get it by the 14th. So these TVs are out in the wild. Would love to see the differences between it and the 65".

TheNameIsSam 02-13-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PUNKem 733 (Post 57593062)
Anyone have one yet? I checked Best Buy, and it's telling me I can get it by the 14th. So these TVs are out in the wild. Would love to see the differences between it and the 65".

It's 10" bigger and has more dimming zones! :p

All joking aside, I received this TV a week ago yesterday. I posted my review on Best Buy's site but feel free to ask any question you might have.

Hetfieldjames 02-13-2019 10:44 AM

I actually thought it would be a bit less expensive than it is. I thought 1,599 and then sales around 1,399-1,499. Not a bad price, just thought it might be a little less than this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

rockaway1836 02-13-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames (Post 57597376)
I actually thought it would be a bit less expensive than it is. I thought 1,599 and then sales around 1,399-1,499. Not a bad price, just thought it might be a little less than this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ditto

davyo 02-14-2019 12:33 AM

TCL 6 Series, my move from the 65” to the 75”
 
My short story.

Picked up a 70” Vizio E Series from BB last week, got it home, wall mounted it and it was DOA, it kept powering on and off every few minutes.

I returned the 70” Vizio for the 65” TCL Series 6 because of all the great TCL reviews I had been reading for a while.
I’ve usually been a Vizio buyer for many many years but figured I would give the TCL a first time shot.

WOW,,,, The TCL simply blows away Vizio (E Series Vizio vs TCL 6 Series).

Had my 65” TCL for about 10 days and then noticed that BB just got a shipment of 75” TCL’s, so of course I packed up my 65” and swapped it out for the 75 incher last night.

The TCL 65” vs the 75” PQ, not a huge difference, they both have AMAZING PQ !!!!

The 120hz of the 75 incher is a noticeable upgrade from the the 65” 60hz but that’s really just splitting hairs.

I have definitely left the Vizio camp and am totally sold on TCL.

Anyhow, I really really loved my TCL 65” and now I’m really really really lovin my TCL 75 incher !!!!!!!!!
(both TCL’s screens perfect, no issues and no banding)

And Roku is definitely awesome as well (my first time using Roku).

Ok, that’s my 2 cents (sorry my review was so technical) hehe.

Cheers, Davyo

davyo 02-14-2019 08:06 AM

Exchanged my 10 day old TCL 65” Series 6 for the 75 incher last night.

Didn’t realize the 75” was coming out so soon until the day after I purchased the 65” and was surprised that BB got the 75 incher in stock sooner than I expected.

The 65” and the 75” are my first TCL’s I’ve ever purchased and also my first experience with Roku.

I’m more than happy with my TCL !!!

Cheers, Davyo

logamaniac 02-14-2019 08:52 AM

is this the same panel as the 2018 6 series just larger?

Or have they made any upgrades in their panel or processing?

Hetfieldjames 02-14-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logamaniac (Post 57602430)
is this the same panel as the 2018 6 series just larger?



Or have they made any upgrades in their panel or processing?

I believe it's a 120 Hz panel not 60.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dave in Green 02-14-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davyo (Post 57600852)
… The 120hz of the 75 incher is a noticeable upgrade from the the 65” 60hz ...

Is native 120Hz confirmed for the 75" model? Specs listed on the TCL website still state an identical Clear Motion Index of 120Hz for the 55", 65" and 75" models, and CMI includes frame interpolation processing.

rockaway1836 02-14-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davyo (Post 57602100)
Exchanged my 10 day old TCL 65” Series 6 for the 75 incher last night.

Didn’t realize the 75” was coming out so soon until the day after I purchased the 65” and was surprised that BB got the 75 incher in stock sooner than I expected.

The 65” and the 75” are my first TCL’s I’ve ever purchased and also my first experience with Roku.

I’m more than happy with my TCL !!!

Cheers, Davyo

Glad to see you back Davyo. Have not seen you around since the 80 inch Sharp 632 days. Mine is still going strong, but I am interested in the TCL 75. Already have the 55 and like it very very much.

js950 02-14-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames (Post 57602724)
I believe it's a 120 Hz panel not 60.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Maybe next time. This one has the same 120hz clear motion index (60hz native) spec panel as the 65.

rockaway1836 02-14-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by js950 (Post 57604090)
Maybe next time. This one has the same 120hz clear motion index (60hz native) spec panel as the 65.

It's been reported on C-net that it is indeed a 120 hz panel. Is that true or a mistake ? Until someone that can confirm it one way or the other, it remains in question. I have seen specs on company web sites be wrong before. Sometimes Marketing and Engineering are just not on the same page, I have also seen wrong info given out by those we expect to know better.

TheNameIsSam 02-14-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockaway1836 (Post 57604140)
It's been reported on C-net that it is indeed a 120 hz panel. Is that true or a mistake ? Until someone that can confirm it one way or the other, it remains in question. I have seen specs on company web sites be wrong before. Sometimes Marketing and Engineering are just not on the same page, I have also seen wrong info given out by those we expect to know better.

Is there an easy way to check or is special equipment needed?

PlanetAVS 02-14-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockaway1836 (Post 57604140)
It's been reported on C-net that it is indeed a 120 hz panel. Is that true or a mistake ? Until someone that can confirm it one way or the other, it remains in question. I have seen specs on company web sites be wrong before. Sometimes Marketing and Engineering are just not on the same page, I have also seen wrong info given out by those we expect to know better.

The TCL site still shows 120Hz CMI (clear motion index). If it is native 120Hz, pretty sure that TCL would highlight that enhancement.

The other change is 160 zones for the 75 inch, vs 120 zones for the 65 inch.

rockaway1836 02-14-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanetAVS (Post 57604412)
The TCL site still shows 120Hz CMI (clear motion index). If it is native 120Hz, pretty sure that TCL would highlight that enhancement.

The other change is 160 zones for the 75 inch, vs 120 zones for the 65 inch.


I remember back when Sharp first came out with the 70 inch 732 model, and again the next year with the 80 inch 632 model. There were omissions and errors all over the place. Eventually they got it right. I'm not saying it is or it isn't. I'm just not willing to be declarative at this point. I did notice however, that on the BB Q&A area for this set, the rep from TCL did not answer the direct question. :)

rockaway1836 02-14-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNameIsSam (Post 57604276)
Is there an easy way to check or is special equipment needed?


A good question. I assume there are tests of some kind that can be conducted.

js950 02-14-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockaway1836 (Post 57604140)
It's been reported on C-net that it is indeed a 120 hz panel. Is that true or a mistake ? Until someone that can confirm it one way or the other, it remains in question. I have seen specs on company web sites be wrong before. Sometimes Marketing and Engineering are just not on the same page, I have also seen wrong info given out by those we expect to know better.

If so, perhaps they got confused with the next model cycle later this year or somebody just has it wrong.

Ecwrvd2 02-14-2019 07:36 PM

The TCL 6 series is comparable to the Sony 900F, at from my experience of owning both. I keep saying this but I think TCL is nailing it. Once they add HDMI 2.1 to their lineup I'll snag a new set.

Congrats bro.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LHenton 02-14-2019 09:45 PM

Thank you davyo for posting. Do you happen to visit costco ? Can anyone that has seen both the 75 inch version of TCL 4 series and 2019 6 series comment ? Thank you.

davyo 02-15-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockaway1836 (Post 57603744)
Glad to see you back Davyo. Have not seen you around since the 80 inch Sharp 632 days. Mine is still going strong, but I am interested in the TCL 75. Already have the 55 and like it very very much.

Hey Rockaway, yeah, I’ve been away from the AVS Forum for a few years,, I’ve been working full time at my day gig and started playing with bands full time again at night so I’ve been to busy to be doing the AV thing for a bit.
Plus the music equipment forums are full of all kinds of guitars and amps to spend money on (hehe).

Glad to hear your Sharp is still going strong.

I’m totally brand new to TCL but I gotta say I’m definitely impressed, the picture quality of the TCL’s is absolutely amazing, especially in 4K.

I was looking at Sony, Samsung, Vizio and all the other popular brands but kept coming back to the TCL’s with my purchase decision.

My 75” TCL is money well spent.
No banding, no dark corners, just stunning picture quality.

Cheers, Davyo

acphydro 02-15-2019 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecwrvd2 (Post 57605546)
The TCL 6 series is comparable to the Sony 900F, at from my experience of owning both. I keep saying this but I think TCL is nailing it. Once they add HDMI 2.1 to their lineup I'll snag a new set.

Congrats bro.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Aside from minor differences between the two I whole heartedly agree. When I’m ready to replace my 75” 900F I’ll be taking a look at TCLs current offerings at the time. The 55” R617 has been nothing short of amazing in my bedroom.

davyo 02-15-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHenton (Post 57605806)
Thank you davyo for posting. Do you happen to visit costco ? Can anyone that has seen both the 75 inch version of TCL 4 series and 2019 6 series comment ? Thank you.

Na, I didn’t hit Costco.

As far as a 75” TCL Series 4, I was not aware that ever existed, I believe the the Series 6 is the first 75” from TCL.
Up until now all their past models, Series 4 and 5, have all been 65 inches or under.

Cheers, Davyo

Dave in Green 02-15-2019 07:34 AM

Here's what rtings.com has to say about the 75" model's native refresh rate:

Quote:

there have been some reports that it has a native 120 Hz panel, but we don't know for sure.
rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-2018-r617

ScottSFA 02-15-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in Green (Post 57606960)
Here's what rtings.com has to say about the 75" model's native refresh rate:



rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-2018-r617

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/e462172b

These guys are saying it's a 60 hz panel.

rockaway1836 02-15-2019 08:15 AM

In time we will learn what the truth is, of that I'm sure. But at the end of the day who really cares. I have read posts and articles by trusted professionals that agree with this, but here at AVS it seems to get ignored. Hell it it's a listed feature we want it. Needed or not !!

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/what...-60hz-vs-120hz

rockaway1836 02-15-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davyo (Post 57606484)
Na, I didn’t hit Costco.

As far as a 75” TCL Series 4, I was not aware that ever existed, I believe the the Series 6 is the first 75” from TCL.
Up until now all their past models, Series 4 and 5, have all been 65 inches or under.

Cheers, Davyo

Davyo, both the 6 and 4 series were registered with the FCC on the same day. https://fccid.io/W8U Both seemed to hit the market at the same time although in different stores.

In 2017 TCL had a 75 inch C series ( they used letters that year ) It was an edge lit set with enhanced sound. ( sound bar built in )

jack0426 02-15-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davyo (Post 57600852)
My short story.

Picked up a 70” Vizio E Series from BB last week, got it home, wall mounted it and it was DOA, it kept powering on and off every few minutes.

I returned the 70” Vizio for the 65” TCL Series 6 because of all the great TCL reviews I had been reading for a while.
I’ve usually been a Vizio buyer for many many years but figured I would give the TCL a first time shot.

WOW,,,, The TCL simply blows away Vizio (E Series Vizio vs TCL 6 Series).

Had my 65” TCL for about 10 days and then noticed that BB just got a shipment of 75” TCL’s, so of course I packed up my 65” and swapped it out for the 75 incher last night.

The TCL 65” vs the 75” PQ, not a huge difference, they both have AMAZING PQ !!!!

The 120hz of the 75 incher is a noticeable upgrade from the the 65” 60hz but that’s really just splitting hairs.

I have definitely left the Vizio camp and am totally sold on TCL.

Anyhow, I really really loved my TCL 65” and now I’m really really really lovin my TCL 75 incher !!!!!!!!!
(both TCL’s screens perfect, no issues and no banding)

And Roku is definitely awesome as well (my first time using Roku).

Ok, that’s my 2 cents (sorry my review was so technical) hehe.

Cheers, Davyo

Hi I see you state you have the 75 inch can you confirm it's 120hz native
Everywhere I read it is a 60hz panel
I went to best buy here in Phoenix to buy it the sales guy said it's a 60hz panel his boss came over said he bought one and it is 60 hz. So I didn't buy it yesterday only reason I didn't get it
But you state 120hz?

davyo 02-16-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack0426 (Post 57610586)
Hi I see you state you have the 75 inch can you confirm it's 120hz native
Everywhere I read it is a 60hz panel
I went to best buy here in Phoenix to buy it the sales guy said it's a 60hz panel his boss came over said he bought one and it is 60 hz. So I didn't buy it yesterday only reason I didn't get it
But you state 120hz?

These are the specs on the TCL 75” Series 6 as shown on BB website.
Of course BB could have made a mistake in their specs.
Cheers, Davyo


Screen Size
74.5 inches
Display Type LED
Smart Platform
Roku TV
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
Yes
Refresh Rate
120Hz
Motion Enhancement Technology
Natural Motion 480
Number of HDMI Inputs 3
Vertical Resolution
2160p (4K)
High Dynamic Range Technology
HDR Pro Gamma
Specific Manufacturer Technologies Dolby Vision HDR, Contrast Control Zones, HDR Pro Gamma, iPQ Engine, NBP Photon Technology

davyo 02-16-2019 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockaway1836 (Post 57607162)
Davyo, both the 6 and 4 series were registered with the FCC on the same day. https://fccid.io/W8U Both seemed to hit the market at the same time although in different stores.

In 2017 TCL had a 75 inch C series ( they used letters that year ) It was an edge lit set with enhanced sound. ( sound bar built in )

I stand corrected Rockaway.

I just saw the Series 4 75 incher on Costco’s website as well and perhaps it’s the same one as WalMart also has listed.

As far as I knew up until now, TCL hadn’t done a 75” until the 2018/2019 Series 6.

Cheers, Davyo

rockaway1836 02-16-2019 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davyo (Post 57610882)
These are the specs on the TCL 75” Series 6 as shown on BB website.
Of course BB could have made a mistake in their specs.
Cheers, Davyo


Screen Size
74.5 inches
Display Type LED
Smart Platform
Roku TV
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
Yes
Refresh Rate
120Hz
Motion Enhancement Technology
Natural Motion 480
Number of HDMI Inputs 3
Vertical Resolution
2160p (4K)
High Dynamic Range Technology
HDR Pro Gamma
Specific Manufacturer Technologies Dolby Vision HDR, Contrast Control Zones, HDR Pro Gamma, iPQ Engine, NBP Photon Technology

Agreed,they most certainly could be wrong. What is interesting though is that both the 55 and 65 say 60hz and Natural Motion 240 in their specs. So they just didn't cut and paste the specs in.

Here's a quick look back at the C series https://www.tclusa.com/products/home-theater/c-series


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.